PDA

View Full Version : An idea for farms

zenobia42
10-17-14, 07:52 PM
So space in the game is REALLY tight. If one wants to have 6 grand farms and an evolution flower and 41 habitats, the BEST one can do after using ALL the expansion spaces and leaving extremely little room for decoration in otherwise useless spots... is 21 small + 20 large habitats. I think all of us in this boat or near it would really like to be able to have more large habitats (without ditching multiple smalls for each large we want). I understand from a discussion in the bugs & issues folder that no new expansions are going to become available anytime soon. And odds are, when they do become available, so will more levels/habitats and we may never get past the 50% small, 50% large, and no room for making our parks look the slightest bit interesting or different without sacrificing animals & habitats. Also, since the grand farms make so much more food per hour than the big farms as to make using big farms ludicrous for anyone who is serious about upgrading animals, I had an idea:

Hanging Gardens
This is a farm that grows the same products for the same time and prices as the grand farm, but takes up only 2x2 squares. It would have many tiers of plantings - using vertical space instead of horizontal. Logically, since it takes up 4 squares instead of the 16 that a grand does, it would be 4 stories tall. It would of course cost much more than a grand farm. Right now the "Big Farm" costs 10,000 coins and the "Grand Farm" 100,000. The "Hanging Gardens" could therefore maybe cost like 350,000 (which is slightly more than the same ratio to the grand farm price as the grand is to the big), or even 500,000.

Right now, every upgrade of a big farm to a grand directly corresponds to a decrease in overall capacity by 1 animal. With 6 grand farms, we can only fit a maximum of 102 animals. Please give us the chance to create decent food per hour and get a few animals closer to the theoretical 123 we should be able to have with 41 LARGE habitats. Or some of us would rejoice and actually decorate a little with our new-found usable space.

Please consider something like this for us. :)

zenobia42
10-17-14, 07:55 PM
Note: I'm not even asking for extra food options to be available. The SAME food as the grand farms. Just in a 2x2 square. :)

flowless
10-18-14, 01:43 AM
Note: I'm not even asking for extra food options to be available. The SAME food as the grand farms. Just in a 2x2 square. :)

Suggested it before
Hoping they would take ur suggestion on board

It could be simply fancy looking if they find the vertical design challenging

Plus moving the breeding den for. It awkward position

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 11:06 PM
So space in the game is REALLY tight. If one wants to have 6 grand farms and an evolution flower and 41 habitats, the BEST one can do after using ALL the expansion spaces and leaving extremely little room for decoration in otherwise useless spots... is 21 small + 20 large habitats. I think all of us in this boat or near it would really like to be able to have more large habitats (without ditching multiple smalls for each large we want). I understand from a discussion in the bugs & issues folder that no new expansions are going to become available anytime soon. And odds are, when they do become available, so will more levels/habitats and we may never get past the 50% small, 50% large, and no room for making our parks look the slightest bit interesting or different without sacrificing animals & habitats. Also, since the grand farms make so much more food per hour than the big farms as to make using big farms ludicrous for anyone who is serious about upgrading animals, I had an idea:

Hanging Gardens
This is a farm that grows the same products for the same time and prices as the grand farm, but takes up only 2x2 squares. It would have many tiers of plantings - using vertical space instead of horizontal. Logically, since it takes up 4 squares instead of the 16 that a grand does, it would be 4 stories tall. It would of course cost much more than a grand farm. Right now the "Big Farm" costs 10,000 coins and the "Grand Farm" 100,000. The "Hanging Gardens" could therefore maybe cost like 350,000 (which is slightly more than the same ratio to the grand farm price as the grand is to the big), or even 500,000.

Right now, every upgrade of a big farm to a grand directly corresponds to a decrease in overall capacity by 1 animal. With 6 grand farms, we can only fit a maximum of 102 animals. Please give us the chance to create decent food per hour and get a few animals closer to the theoretical 123 we should be able to have with 41 LARGE habitats. Or some of us would rejoice and actually decorate a little with our new-found usable space.

Please consider something like this for us. :)

All that math... I love this suggestion. Even though we have enough habitats to have one of every animal. But I think that TL is too lazy to use up their animal programmers to enhance gameplay, which ups their entire fanbase. Instead, they choose ways to up their income, without realizing people may quit because of lack of interest and customer service. If they balance where their employees' time goes towards, they may become a legendary game maker (Whatever they are called. You get my point.)

Clark_Wayne
12-01-14, 03:05 AM
A 7th Farm like in Dragon Story would be welcome : it is harder to feed in FFS than in DS since they eat lot more !