PDA

View Full Version : Jack o Lantern usefullness after halloween event ends?

stuffedmounts
10-16-14, 03:29 PM
I'm thinking about buying the Jack o Lantern but I want to make sure the thing will still be useful after the halloween event is over. Can one of you who are `in-the-know` confirm one way or the other? Specifically I'd like to know if it drops useful post-halloween items that are NOT coins only? For example, burning embers.. or maybe swords or something, I dunno. I'm sure you know what I mean.

reliquary
10-16-14, 04:35 PM
Wow that would be ****er....dropping swords and cleavers and stuff
I bought one, but now realize it might not even give an *edge* to giving all the candy corns we need for the final community prize.

2 or 3 would, w/ a 8 hour collection time...6 c.corn Each collection...hum?

But hey, I love well designed Halloween stuff and am willing to pay for super fun updates

I know there are a few people that would love to max out on bats and the decor it drops but this might make it too easy for them.

stuffedmounts
10-18-14, 05:52 PM
I'll assume from the lack of response that the Jack o Lantern will serve as decoration only after this event ends. Which is fine, but would have been honorable to mention it so us customers know exactly what we're purchasing should we choose to.

I've bought one so far... I'm considering buying more to help enable me to achieve the cauldron. Getting a craftable item every 4 hours from it seems like a good long-term investment.

midsom
10-18-14, 10:44 PM
At 150 gems I would hope it will be useful after the event, doesn't have to be much but that is an expensive decoration.

silveryedges
10-19-14, 02:19 AM
For all TL World Events we can buy items which drop useful and much needed things that help towards reaching the goal of that particular event but which are mere decorations afterwards. I do not expect the jack-o-lantern to be an exception here.

The description in the shop says it drops candy corn and the occasional bats and ghosts. So when those aren't needed anymore it will be a decoration.

Nonetheless I have bought two because they are not just very helpful indeed but also make awesome decorations. They can be turned around and thus will make beautiful additions to my kingdom even during the non-Halloween times.

stuffedmounts
10-19-14, 10:41 AM
I missed the gem sale thinking it ran longer than it did so I will not be getting any more Jack o Lanterns. Would have liked a few more though.

Seriously700
10-21-14, 08:45 AM
For all TL World Events we can buy items which drop useful and much needed things that help towards reaching the goal of that particular event but which are mere decorations afterwards. I do not expect the jack-o-lantern to be an exception here.

The description in the shop says it drops candy corn and the occasional bats and ghosts. So when those aren't needed anymore it will be a decoration.

Nonetheless I have bought two because they are not just very helpful indeed but also make awesome decorations. They can be turned around and thus will make beautiful additions to my kingdom even during the non-Halloween times.

Unlike other TL games, the bats and ghosts would continue to be useful after the event is over for those who are still upgrading the haunted hall. So it will be interesting to see if those drops will continue in this case. If it did, I'm sure more people would be willing to buy the jack o lantern.