PDA

View Full Version : Castle Update 10/16/14: Halloween Event!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

azriX2012
10-19-14, 02:01 PM
The cauldron is not animated either :( but it looks nice!

GC5410
10-19-14, 02:01 PM
I can only get 2 adventures a day out myself. In order to get 3 out, you need to time it to be online exactly every 8 hours. Or at least close enough that you send one out in the morning, one just over 8 hours later, and one close enough to 8 hours after that to ensure you can get tomorrow's out before you are, say, commuting or otherwise unable to reach your device. Also, that means you can never put your device away to get ready to sleep until that 3rd mission has returned 16 hours after your first of the day... even if your first of the day couldn't go out at the very beginning of the day.

I can't do it. I have no idea either like you how it seems so many people can. If I get up at 7 and leave for work at 7:30, that is only a 1/2-hour window for that all-important first adventure of the day. It means that my second adventure would have to go out no later than 3:30pm no matter what is happening at work/in life, so that the third can go out by 11:30 at the latest. Because if it goes out after 11:30pm, it won't return before I leave at 7:30am the next morning. It is mind-boggling to me how it seems that more than half the people on this forum can get out the 3 per day that is essential for gathering the 70 bats and ghosts needed to upgrade the haunted house to level 5 and also get a decent night's rest, and also attend to life. MY hat is off to them all. I can't do it.

Hear hear, I can only manage two a day......I like my 9 hours sleep! :)

belbar22
10-19-14, 02:19 PM
My kingdoms are also at a standstill. However I have been playing non stop and doing 3 adventures and I only have 944 candies on my iPad so not sure what will happen when I go back to work tomorrow as my iPad doesn't go with me. On my phone I have just over 1000 and so not so worried about that account. I think this is very challenging for people who can't be checking their games constantly.

blontj3
10-19-14, 02:29 PM

I managed it 3 times a day last event with adventures of 8 hours, when I actually didn't pay attention. When I try, I am never able to manage that xD. Now I just try to get the 2 adventures a day, so I get a chance to get all the individual prizes. Oh well, I did sent out last day 3 adventures a day, but that was because I couldnt sleep caused by a gigantic pain in my mouth and a massive headache. Hopefully I can sleep tonight :P. I rather sleep then sending out adventures :D.

CLOVERKAITO
10-19-14, 02:46 PM
I work 12 hours a day and didn't want to bring my iPad to work (no locker)... So so far I only managed 600 candy coins and I even caved and bought two jack o lantern :(

PurpleScorpion76
10-19-14, 03:19 PM
I've just upgraded my Haunted Hall to Level 3! Woop woop!

ShibuyaCloth
10-19-14, 03:31 PM
I've just upgraded my Haunted Hall to Level 3! Woop woop!

Nice, I am 1 bat short to get it to L3, well then in 7 hours it will be...

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-19-14, 04:10 PM
.....I can't believe we are only 42% of the way to goal ONE! Are we close to where we were at this time in the last world event? It feels like we should be close to unlocking community prize 1 but I could easily just be remembering wrong. ....(edit)

If memory serves (& it usually does, LOL!)... During the funeral Pyre Festival, the first community prize opened for all of us on that first Thursday after the event started, right around update time. The same thing happened on the following Thursday with the second community prize...and the third & final community prize became available on the last or nearly last day of the event. I have a feeling it will be a similar (or possibly quicker!) turn-out for this event, too. :)

Ps. The witchy cauldron at Puffy's is cool...but I gotta admit, I'm a bit disappointed that it's not animated and doesn't bubble like the potion shop pots. :(

fahrensland
10-19-14, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=jbfps116;984559]Still have enough items for adventuring for a few days, but silver is slipping... I have the upgraded animal drops shard so fur is easier to get, but AAAAAAHHHHH I don't have the third, which I think lets you get energy back from harvesting crops!! Since I completed the second already, I hope I'm lucky and get the third shard sometime in this event!
[QUOTE]

I really feel for the players who don't have all the knowledge shards. Getting energy back when fighting monsters and harvesting crops is very helpful right now. And it's a bonus to be able to craft silver from iron ore. Good luck to you!

Yea, I'm one of those players in this boat and it's a severe disadvantage since so much of this event seems to revolve around collecting. Knowledge shards seem a bit OP when it comes to limited events!

chewingthecud
10-19-14, 04:41 PM
Hello all. I have been playing CS for almost two years now so am an advanced player. I totally agree with the comments that the knowledge shards give an advantage to players. I have them meaning when I harvest corn, I usually get at least 1/3 of my energy back. Same thing wiht beasts. This means collecting candy is not that hard. The beauty of these event is in my opinion the community component. It is up to more advanced players like me to "do the heavy lifting" and get the numbers up so that the players with less advantage get the community prize. That is one of the best parts of the whole event I think. So I am doing my bit with 1333 candy and counting. I will keep on going even after I have all the individual prizes doing my bit for the whole community. So lower lever players, we are on your side!!!

Have fun everybody!

meme1098
10-19-14, 04:46 PM

I've been managing 3 adventures a day only because the 2nd one I will spend 1-3 gems to collect so I can start another before going to bed. That's the only way it works for me. I need my 6-7 hours of sleep... Lol

whooptidoo
10-19-14, 04:48 PM
I am wondering whether the Jack O Lantern will be dropping bats and ghost after the event ends... That way people who buy the lantern and reach 1250 Candy corn would eventually be able to upgrade the HH to level 5

Robkendy
10-19-14, 05:05 PM
That would be awesome ^^^^

kingdomkayleigh
10-19-14, 05:24 PM
I feel like I'm so behind on my CC count... Only at 744 :(

Anaboe
10-19-14, 05:29 PM
Hello all. I have been playing CS for almost two years now so am an advanced player. I totally agree with the comments that the knowledge shards give an advantage to players. I have them meaning when I harvest corn, I usually get at least 1/3 of my energy back. Same thing wiht beasts. This means collecting candy is not that hard. The beauty of these event is in my opinion the community component. It is up to more advanced players like me to "do the heavy lifting" and get the numbers up so that the players with less advantage get the community prize. That is one of the best parts of the whole event I think. So I am doing my bit with 1333 candy and counting. I will keep on going even after I have all the individual prizes doing my bit for the whole community. So lower lever players, we are on your side!!!

Have fun everybody!
QFT, tho I'm not lvl 50 yet, still need to do the Faerie Bridge and Sister, Sister quest, I find this event rather easy too: got 1306 corn already, and will surely keep on making them after I got the last individual goal.

dracoonic
10-19-14, 06:05 PM
I'm only 781 now :( feel soo far from those 1k++ candies

BriarAvenue
10-19-14, 06:21 PM
I can't believe we are only 42% of the way to goal ONE! Are we close to where we were at this time in the last world event? It feels like we should be close to unlocking community prize 1 but I could easily just be remembering wrong.

The speed for the first community prize advanced was slow as well last time.
I guess it's bcs the drop rate from the Adventure n HH increases for each level of upgrade.
I had 37 candy drop from my last adventure collection. I believe it started out at 25 only.

Dabag
10-19-14, 06:48 PM
Halloween EVENT - GOOD TO KNOW

Farm PLOTS
Number of Plots allowed is determined by Level achieved.
Unable to find any official numbers on plot/level ratio. These numbers are from my own notes.
* indicates I received an "at your limit" notice
Lv.15 = 35 plots
Lv.16 = 37 plots *
Lv.18 = 39 plots *
Lv.28 = 48 plots *
Lv.30 = 51 plots *
Lv.44 = 58 plots *
Lv.50 = 60 plots (max plots in game right now)

Individual Prize
#1 -100 Candy Corn = Banner (1sq)
#2 -600 Candy Corn = Spooky Walls(30), Tower(2) and a Gate(1)
Each item worth 3 Royal points for a total of 99 Royal Points
Market price: Spooky Gate 25 gem. Spooky Tower 15 gems. Spooky Wall 3 gem
(for a total of 145 gems)

AT 650 Candy Corn= eligible for Community Prize when each goal met by whole community!

Community Prizes
#1 Haunted Path (also available at market>decoration= 2gems each)
#2 Pumpkin Display ? Decoration ?
#3 Spooky Tree-Find Bones, Creep Tooth, and occasionally Living Wood.

Collecting Candy Corn
- Trick or Treat ADVENTURE - Castle only (not Barracks)
- Defeat BEASTS- Skunkupine, Lovecupine, Fangbeast,
- Kitchen CRAFT - 30 minutes. 25 Corn 1 Sugar=5 Candy Corn
- HARVEST Corn - 3min. Crop
- Character HOMES>Old Thomas's House-2hr reset, Ivy's Hut-12hr reset, Thurston's Fort-8hr reset;
(NOT Kaz, Griselda (everyone) ; NOT Sabina if under Lv.25-need Lv.25 or higher to do that chain)
-Jack o Lantern - goal #5 optional

Connected goals
1. Rise and Shine = 15 Candy Corn
2.Trick or Treat! = 25 Candy Corn
6. Confection Creation =25 Candy Corn
7. Once More with Feeling =15 Candy Corn

Goals connect for Haunted Hall & upgrades
Haunted Hall can be placed in STORAGE at Level 1!
3. A Spooky Setting = 30 Candy Corn
4. Bats in the Rafters = 40 Candy Corn
(completed Lv.3 Haunted Hall-no longer construction site!)
8. Spook-tacular = 50 Candy Corn

#5 Candy Container gem purchase& reward 'Optional Goal'
Jack O Lantern 150gems -reward 20 gems = net cost 120gems

Energy: drop from>
Alicorn-complete level energy refill (1x per 7days),
Pink Alicorn-to a max of 8 energy daily (occasionally rare 50 or 100 energy boost)
Wizard School-depends on level (max10),
Royal Exchange: Fruit Trade(5)-Magic Fruit Trade(15), Meat Delivery(10);
Harvesting crops-33% (must have 3rd Shard from Tablet of Tabernum); Greenhouse>Faerie Elixir (20); Mermaid Pond.
Occasional drops from>> Adventures, Sir Pigglesworth,

Silver Ore: drop from> sparkling mine, deep mine, troll vault,
Gift from neigbors;
Mine- iron rich rock(M.F.>Alchemy Iron to Silver 4th shard required);
Craft Magic Forge>1hr. 10 iron ore=1 silver;
R. Exchange>Jewelers Trade 3hr. 30 Glimmerdust. 30 Jewels. 40 water;
R. Ex.> Trade with Belladonna 5hr.15 Living Wood. 30 Mushrooms. 15 Rat Tail;

View> vontalken's Cocktail Napkin Math posts. All interesting & worth checking out

Dabag
10-19-14, 06:53 PM
Thank you TL for allowing the Haunted Hall to be stored at first build (Lv.1)

By Far the best encouragement offered to the many who have construction sites in their kingdom.

JustKay
10-19-14, 07:20 PM
Wow, I am way behind on this one. I haven't been planting much corn since the last event wasn't so tough. Only just got the Spooky decorations kit (600). Looks like I'll have to put my corn farmer hat on and become a corn planting machine now.

Fellow Castle Story players, lend me your ears, that's all I husk.

8hat
10-19-14, 07:22 PM
I'm on team 'need more ghosts'. Just 3 more ghosts and I get to level HH to 3. Maybe it's just the low number now but we're 1/3 into this and I have 1000 candy so x3 should be 3000 plus any extras I can manage (small gem spend at the end) and maybe I can still get all the goodies

Fingers crossed. :)

littleonesmum
10-19-14, 08:08 PM
Wow, I am way behind on this one. I haven't been planting much corn since the last event wasn't so tough. Only just got the Spooky decorations kit (600). Looks like I'll have to put my corn farmer hat on and become a corn planting machine now.

Fellow Castle Story players, lend me your ears, that's all I husk.

I 'ear' you! I thought I was doing okay at 735 until I read this updated thread...

stuffedmounts
10-19-14, 08:14 PM
I am wondering whether the Jack O Lantern will be dropping bats and ghost after the event ends... That way people who buy the lantern and reach 1250 Candy corn would eventually be able to upgrade the HH to level 5

It better considering how much it costs and it would be incredibly STUPID to not allow people to finish their HH just because the event ended.

Anaboe
10-19-14, 08:43 PM
Don't count on it. In DS there's always a similar item, and it's always just useless decoration after the event.

Queenzod
10-19-14, 08:59 PM
It better considering how much it costs and it would be incredibly STUPID to not allow people to finish their HH just because the event ended.

It's happened a lot before. There are always tons of people who don't finish the building and get upset about it. I would hope that TL would learn by now not to make it too difficult. I guess they prefer people spend gems to finish, but we shall see what happens this time!

ghjvcucjb
10-19-14, 09:04 PM
How in the world have people gotten over 1330??? I have 5 alicorns, 1 pink alicorn, 2 fully upgraded wizard schools and only focus on this event's need stuff and I'm no where near 1330. Please give us all tips! I don't have enough energy to do any more than I'm already doing.

JustKay
10-19-14, 09:08 PM
I 'ear' you! I thought I was doing okay at 735 until I read this updated thread...

Yeah, this one seems to be so much harder than that sun festival. I guess games are supposed to be challenging. I'm a pretty high level long time player so I can I imagine it must seem nigh on impossible to newer players.

behindthepurplesmoke
10-19-14, 09:40 PM
I am sending out 2 adventures a day- once before I go to bed and once right in the morning. As of right now, I'm at 1208 candy corns. I have no alicorns and only 1 wizard school at level 3. I'm only at level 35, so I'm not a very high level player either. It is possible. My big secret is corn. I am planting a ton of corn, and I do have the shard that gives energy with harvesting plants, so I am thankful for that. Loving this event so far, thank you TL!

echowuuu
10-19-14, 09:58 PM
How in the world have people gotten over 1330??? I have 5 alicorns, 1 pink alicorn, 2 fully upgraded wizard schools and only focus on this event's need stuff and I'm no where near 1330. Please give us all tips! I don't have enough energy to do any more than I'm already doing.
maybe for people with 20+ alicorns

stuffedmounts
10-19-14, 10:40 PM
I've got 1341 right now. I'm level 50 with the max # of plots (60), 2 fully upgraded wizard schools, 1 pink alicorn, 5 alicorns. So far I've only used 1 regular alicorn. Basically I've just been good about collecting from houses (Ivy, Sabina, Old Thomas, Thurston) when they're ready. Collecting from the HH, and also the Jack o Lantern I bought. I try to get in 2 quests per day but that doesn't always line up. At least 1 per day. My main focus has been growing corn and making candy corn. I grow sugar over night and another full 60 sugar in the morning. I also collect from my (deep) mines for silver. So far I've still got a few days worth on those tiaras so I'm good there.

Aside of just focusing on stuff necessary to make/get candy corns, being good about collecting when stuff is ready, and playing the game several times a day is probably the best advice I can offer. I'm hoping I can earn the cauldron... We'll see.

Also, alicorns regenerate in 7 days so make sure you do use them to get the most bang for your buck! If you use each one at least twice, that's an extra 400 energy towards your goal!

Chaotarch
10-19-14, 11:08 PM
maybe for people with 20+ alicorns

lol, or maybe if you have 30+:cool:
2 pink alis and dragons drop energy too...

FlowerBurst
10-19-14, 11:09 PM
Dear ghjvcucjb,

I have a little over 1500. I have one more Alicorn but one less Wizard School than you. My HH is level 3 and I average 2 adventures per day. I have been sick with the flu since this update began and have been able to harvest corn OFTEN. TIME is the answer! Time offers you the opportunity to tend your corn throughout the day, and since your energy reserve is constantly re-building, you will also have more to use.

I have had success with the following method:

When I harvest my corn, I usually wait until I have at least 4-6 energy and then hit them very quickly, hoping to trigger a skunkupine for a bonus. It also seems to increase my chances of receiving energy back so I can make more hits in the process.

Good luck!

Chaotarch
10-19-14, 11:22 PM
Collect from The Witch's Cauldron to earn a variety of different potion items - almost every single thing you can craft in the Potion Shop, you can get from the Cauldron. Ivy will be pleased!

I am pleased too:eek: love the builders paste nearly every 2. drop:o

But it is very, very, very sadly the purple smoke over the cauldron isnt animated:mad::(
Pls ( with a lot of candy on top ) fix it:rolleyes:

EBJW
10-19-14, 11:28 PM
When I harvest my corn, I usually wait until I have at least 4-6 energy and then hit them very quickly, hoping to trigger a skunkupine for a bonus. It also seems to increase my chances of receiving energy back so I can make more hits in the process.

Good luck!

Is this in the same category as having 20+ of an item in stock increases chance of getting more when collecting?
And when you collect King's Keep the minute the knights return you have more chance of getting a box?

Very nice thoughts, but I'm afraid it's the desire is the father of the thought...

Never had that experience....
If only!

silveryedges
10-19-14, 11:32 PM
This morning the adventure brought me two furs. Felt like a real treat :)

Chaotarch
10-19-14, 11:58 PM
Is this in the same category as having 20+ of an item in stock increases chance of getting more when collecting?
And when you collect King's Keep the minute the knights return you have more chance of getting a box?

Very nice thoughts, but I'm afraid it's the desire is the father of the thought...

Never had that experience....
If only!

Found my own thread :rolleyes:

Hi,

1. you can sell your queenscourt and than rebuild as a kingskeep, right? or lost your "keep/court"?
2. if you have >20 items, the droprate is higher for this item? ( 25 sap in your inventory, u get more sap from the sawmill or trees, as u have 10 sap? a legend? )

THX for answers.

#2 is not true at all... we don't have any systems like that in place :)

lol, but it is off topic :eek:

Em_storm
10-20-14, 12:38 AM
I just got a hayride from the adventure!

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/firefly276/5BCB8DE0-8DBB-4B9A-BBEE-13117D9B8EC9_zpsdcjgrfql.png (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/firefly276/media/5BCB8DE0-8DBB-4B9A-BBEE-13117D9B8EC9_zpsdcjgrfql.png.html)

JustKay
10-20-14, 12:52 AM

I'm one of the first people to report noticing this and I stand by this. Every time a new item gets introduced they're pretty rare to come by but as you stockpile it becomes incredibly easy to come across them. While the official TL stance is that there is no such system in place, that's not to say that it may not be an emergent behaviour from a series of different systems operating together :)

goldielambo
10-20-14, 12:58 AM
People seem to be taking a long while to get to the 650 community prize, just keep farming corn and making the cones, easy to do over and over.

Also seen posts on here when people state they have been crafting 6 hats/masks/tiaras a day - why? unless you are very sad, then the most adventures you can do is 3 a day - and even then you have to gem the final one before bed!

I think (personally) that this is much more achievable than the summer one, I did not do much of this over the weekend, and yet I still have just reached the 1250 mark, so now I am at work I can really get the farming going! through farming alone I reckon you can hit 200 - 300 A DAY! - you get a few drops whilst harvesting, the odd skunkupine will give you some, but 10 for the 2 x kitchens cooking them is an easy no brainer!

Just doing the above first 2 days i got to the 650, I did not read the threads that said the houses dropped too, so only now using these.

EBJW
10-20-14, 01:47 AM
I like the event! And I try not let it drive me as crazy as the previous one :rolleyes:

The one thing I don't like - as always - is the random-part:
I don't want to buy the lantern, I collected the spooky walls/towers/gate, but (I like them! But I have to wait placing them cause they don't look right, have to wait till TL has fixed them), and most of all my knights are searching like crazy on their adventures, but can't find any nice boxes for me :(
All I have for encouragement is the little Halloween-banner, hidden in my sugar/cornfields... I need more to survive...!

SpiritWind00
10-20-14, 01:51 AM
EBJW, They have fixed the gate alignment issue.... go ahead and set it up. They look fabulous!

EBJW
10-20-14, 02:16 AM
EBJW, They have fixed the gate alignment issue.... go ahead and set it up. They look fabulous!

Thanx for letting me know, me a bit happier now :o !
I'll try later on when I have a bit more time!

chewingthecud
10-20-14, 03:18 AM
Hello All. I have just over 1600 candy - the secret, having all four knowledge shards and time. As others have posted, if you keep on harvesting corn and a good supply of sugar, you will get loads of candy very quickly. I am working from home at the moment so I can harvest regularly. I have 7 Alicorns but have only used one. With the knowledge shard you get 1/3 energy back from both harvesting and slaying the skunkupines that come up from harvesting. So from harvesting you get candy, from slaying you get candy and from cooking you get more candy and it really only "costs" you 2/3 of your energy.

Anyway this works for me. Just have fun with it and even the lower level players will get the community prizes. I also play DS and they always seem slow at the beginning but in the end all community prizes are achieved - so stay positive and have fun!

freesiawoods
10-20-14, 03:23 AM
I really love the spooky walls and gate set! Am not doing too great at collecting candy but will keep at it whenever I check in. My daughter's game got a cute spooky scarecrow from the adventure, that was a nice bonus.

Jennerwein1
10-20-14, 04:15 AM
I've got 1341 right now. I'm level 50 with the max # of plots (60), 2 fully upgraded wizard schools, 1 pink alicorn, 5 alicorns. So far I've only used 1 regular alicorn. Basically I've just been good about collecting from houses (Ivy, Sabina, Old Thomas, Thurston) when they're ready. Collecting from the HH, and also the Jack o Lantern I bought. I try to get in 2 quests per day but that doesn't always line up. At least 1 per day. My main focus has been growing corn and making candy corn. I grow sugar over night and another full 60 sugar in the morning. I also collect from my (deep) mines for silver. So far I've still got a few days worth on those tiaras so I'm good there.

Aside of just focusing on stuff necessary to make/get candy corns, being good about collecting when stuff is ready, and playing the game several times a day is probably the best advice I can offer. I'm hoping I can earn the cauldron... We'll see.

Also, alicorns regenerate in 7 days so make sure you do use them to get the most bang for your buck! If you use each one at least twice, that's an extra 400 energy towards your goal!

Same here. I have 1561 candies. 1 Alicorn, 1 pink Alicorn, Wizzard school at level 3. Had something like 51 sugars made before this started. Corn, corn and more corn !!! Cook and cook some more! And have all the shards. Try to do 3 adventures/day, maybe spend a very few gems at the end of day to restart adventure. Did get a pumpkin, too cool. I only click on things that will give me candy or needed supplies, except also on glimmergate (sister, sister!)

Anaboe
10-20-14, 04:31 AM

I only have 1 Pink Allicorn (it has only dropped 4 energy a time during the event), no normal Allicorns. I do have 2 fully upgrades Wizard schools and all shards from the tabernaum. I bought 1 Jack o'Lantern and have 1434 Candy Corn at this moment. I am lvl 47, and on goal Faerie-bridge, and Sister, Sister.

I seem to be doing the same as you, but I play every two hours or more, so I rarely let energie go to waste. Furtermore, I do set an alarm for important things, like the adventure, and my husband is playing alone with me on my account, he wakes up a lot earlier than me, so he can put that energy to good use too. I think that's the trick: timing and playing atleast every 1-2 hours.

I collect from quite a range of buildings and animals, but only those that (could) benefit to the quest, like the harvest pergola, dragons (got 4 of them) and Sir Pigglesworth or the Troll vault. Got the third upgrade of the Haunted Hall just this moment, with only one bat left.

Am getting short on silver tho... That's my bottle neck. I even sent out a jewelers trade today... No shortage on glimmerdust or jewels...

Ps, I realy love that the Haunted Hall is already this nice on lvl 3 ! That way also pleople that can't upgrade it above 3 won't have an ugly buildingplace in their kingdoms, but something nice to look at!

dubbleyooteeyef
10-20-14, 04:34 AM
Is there a list of Community Prize breakpoints?
Like this-

http://forums.storm8.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by shipower http://forums.storm8.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?p=983799#post983799)
Prize 1 (100) : Halloween Banner x 1
Prize 2 (600) : Spooky Wall x 30, Spooky Tower x 2, Spooky Gate x 1
Prize 3 (1250) : Fancy Beam x 4, Fancy Block x 4, Fancy Chandelier x 1, Energy x 40
Prize 4 (2300) : Cownt Dracula x 1 (size 1x1, 1Hr Collection Time)
Prize 5 (3100) : Witch's Cauldron x 1 (size 2x2, 4Hr Collection Time)

And does anyone know what Dracula and the Cauldron Drop?

thx

Beeville99
10-20-14, 05:05 AM

I'm at 1493 this morning with candy corn cooking in both kitchens. I hit level 40 this weekend, so extra energy there. I also was able to use the Exchange for three energy trades. While I have no alicorns or wizard schools, I do have all four knowledge shards, which is a huge advantage. So far, I've spent eight gems, all to speed up Trick or Treat adventures before bedtime so I can get three done each day. My Haunted Hall is two bats short of level three, I'm fretting it won't get finished, but I couldn't go through with buying the Jack O' Lantern. I'm gem frugal.
I work from home, and homeschool my kids, and more than half my work I do on my iPad. Therefore, it's always right there. That makes harvesting and collecting really easy for me. Plus, I was sick all weekend, so I did nothing away from home.
TL:dr - barely level 40, but doing okay. Secret weapon, iPad fused to my hand.

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 05:05 AM
Also seen posts on here when people state they have been crafting 6 hats/masks/tiaras a day - why? unless you are very sad, then the most adventures you can do is 3 a day - and even then you have to gem the final one before bed!

Because I want to make sure I have enough to adventure throughout the entire event, and I don't want a half completed Haunted Hall. So I want to get enough bats and ghosts. I don't gem the final one before bed. 7am, 3pm, 11pm. Done.

my2place
10-20-14, 05:58 AM
Hi all. I'm new here ... have only been playing CS for 3 months (only on level 29), but am totally hooked and love it!
Anyone else having a problem with wool shortage for the witch hats? Never seemed to be a problem for me before, but now I haven't gotten any wool the last 3 collection times from my stable :( So I just bought another sheep ....

Jir67
10-20-14, 06:01 AM
The only thing that I'm short now is time to play...

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 06:15 AM
Hi all. I'm new here ... have only been playing CS for 3 months (only on level 29), but am totally hooked and love it!
Anyone else having a problem with wool shortage for the witch hats? Never seemed to be a problem for me before, but now I haven't gotten any wool the last 3 collection times from my stable :( So I just bought another sheep ....

2 sheep, 2 stables and I seem to be ok for wool, though the stables have just dropped wool for the first time in about 2 days. I'm usually maxed on wool so I was fully stocked before the event.

vuvhappy
10-20-14, 06:24 AM
Hello All. I have just over 1600 candy - the secret, having all four knowledge shards and time. As others have posted, if you keep on harvesting corn and a good supply of sugar, you will get loads of candy very quickly. I am working from home at the moment so I can harvest regularly. I have 7 Alicorns but have only used one. With the knowledge shard you get 1/3 energy back from both harvesting and slaying the skunkupines that come up from harvesting. So from harvesting you get candy, from slaying you get candy and from cooking you get more candy and it really only "costs" you 2/3 of your energy.

Anyway this works for me. Just have fun with it and even the lower level players will get the community prizes. I also play DS and they always seem slow at the beginning but in the end all community prizes are achieved - so stay positive and have fun!

Just a quick question what is a knowledge shard..:confused:

transberry
10-20-14, 06:43 AM
Because I want to make sure I have enough to adventure throughout the entire event, and I don't want a half completed Haunted Hall. So I want to get enough bats and ghosts. I don't gem the final one before bed. 7am, 3pm, 11pm. Done.

Me too, but I've run out of glimmer dust.no wizard school, only pink ailcorn, collecting and making candy corn as often as I'm near wifi and only have 600 pieces and level 2 house.

meme1098
10-20-14, 06:44 AM
Just a quick question what is a knowledge shard..:confused:

The tablet of tabernum - the stone monolith looking thing. One of the early expansions.

See Dabag's goals thread here: posts #34 & 35

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481863&viewfull=1#post481863

Post #35 lists the 4 shards

Me too, but I've run out of glimmer dust.no wizard school, only pink ailcorn, collecting and making candy corn as often as I'm near wifi and only have 600 pieces and level 2 house.

I think you're doing great! Everyones just trying to do what they can to contribute and that's all that matters.. Good luck!
I'm hacking away at my corn with my Thuakie sword as often as possible. Thurston got an eyeful, NW, & he's so jealous!!! Lol

kimberly0822
10-20-14, 06:47 AM
Im out of everything...help lol!

mrglymph
10-20-14, 06:59 AM
I was wondering what the materials were to upgrade to the 4th haunted hall? I want to be ready

meme1098
10-20-14, 07:01 AM
I was wondering what the materials were to upgrade to the 4th haunted hall? I want to be ready

See post #2 on the first page.
I'm so short on bats it's gonna take me forever to get to 4. 12 ghosts & only 4 bats???? The disparity is frustrating.

passinthru8
10-20-14, 07:22 AM

I purchased Dead trees & I am averaging 2-3 GDust per. Also the dead logs give GDust and red pedals. And mushroom rings give GDust. I always collect from Sir Piggy, immediately after getting a GDust drop from Shrum Ring, and 90% of the time, Piggy will drop GDust. If I don't collect Piggy that way, he drops me Truffles, which I am usually full of. And of course you can post your wall that you need GDust and your Neighbors should help. Good Luck!!

dala12
10-20-14, 07:27 AM
The jack 'o latern gave me the last two times only candy....why?

fluffybutter007
10-20-14, 07:31 AM
The jack 'o latern gave me the last two times only candy....why?

It rarely drops the ghosts and bats. :( Which is why I haven't spent any of my gems on one.

Edit: I guess I should say it is a good investment if you're in need of candies, bats, or ghosts. I think I'm good on all three at the moment. :)

kooky panda
10-20-14, 07:58 AM
Just a reminder guys, please keep your posts civil and follow the forum rules when posting.
The recent posts attacking other members have been removed.

Thanks!

fluffybutter007
10-20-14, 08:01 AM
The only thing that I'm short now is time to play...

And energy when there is time to play! XD

Queenzod
10-20-14, 08:14 AM
My last adventure came in and only gave me 3 energy. 3! Really pathetic. I do wish that TL would remember that there are some of us who adventure mainly for the energy return. They keep cutting it down and it makes it not worth it to go adventuring at all. This applies across all of the recent adventures, including this one for the paper decorations. What's up with that? Makes me a very grumbly bear. :(

brandonu
10-20-14, 08:28 AM
I'm at 824. I got a late start on the adventures and only recently was able to align to 3 adventures per day. I think I need to to somehow line it up for 6:30, 2:30 and 10:30 or else I will need to spend gems on the final hour or so. Keep plugging along I guess.

EDIT: I really wish I could adventure from the Barracks for this one, even if it was still 2 days long.

jptheripper
10-20-14, 08:35 AM
Second time I sent my castle adventure off at 7am, checked in at 10am and no adventure. Guess I need to start visiting neighbors just to make sure.

happp123
10-20-14, 08:36 AM
My haunted hall did not upgrade to level 3. Has anyone else had this problem?

fluffybutter007
10-20-14, 08:41 AM
Second time I sent my castle adventure off at 7am, checked in at 10am and no adventure. Guess I need to start visiting neighbors just to make sure.

That's happened to me on more than one occasion. So annoying. :mad:

My haunted hall did not upgrade to level 3. Has anyone else had this problem?

Have you tried restarting your device or force closing CS? That may help fix the problem. If the problem still persists, you may have to e-mail support. They're pretty good at checking into your game and finding the problem.

Anaboe
10-20-14, 09:04 AM
My last adventure came in and only gave me 3 energy. 3! Really pathetic. I do wish that TL would remember that there are some of us who adventure mainly for the energy return. They keep cutting it down and it makes it not worth it to go adventuring at all. This applies across all of the recent adventures, including this one for the paper decorations. What's up with that? Makes me a very grumbly bear. :(

Adventures never have a good rate of return of energy, you always spent way more energy collecting the parts you need, than the adventure gives back. To me, energy is a bonus, not the reason I do the adventure, and it never has been.

otgland
10-20-14, 09:06 AM
"I think you're doing great! Everyones just trying to do what they can to contribute and that's all that matters.. Good luck!
I'm hacking away at my corn with my Thuakie sword as often as possible. Thurston got an eyeful, NW, & he's so jealous!!! Lol[/QUOTE]

Great idea! I had mine hanging by the knights hall - going to start using it too. Hope NW doesn't mind!!

Queenzod
10-20-14, 09:10 AM
Adventures never have a good rate of return of energy, you always spent way more energy collecting the parts you need, than the adventure gives back. To me, energy is a bonus, not the reason I do the adventure, and it never has been.

Actually, the desert sands adventure often gave me 25 energy and that boost was one reason I adventure at all. But 3 is pretty pathetic.

meme1098
10-20-14, 09:10 AM
"Great idea! I had mine hanging by the knights hall - going to start using it too. Hope NW doesn't mind!!

It's great practice until actual training begins. Cuts that corn down real quick too.
Now if I could only get some bats to catch up to the ghosts, I'd be in 7th heaven...lol

kudukuda
10-20-14, 09:17 AM
Need 10 more bats... Yes 10, to upgrade to HH lel 3!!! I can only manage 2 adventures a day. Cant handle more withkids and RL getting in the way...
I've gotten 2 from lantern. I figure if I get 13, it's a return on investment for the end game of upgrading the HH at 10 gems a piece
Ps love my thuakie sword!

invu50much
10-20-14, 09:21 AM
Is there a faster way to get parchment ghosts and bats. There won't be enough time to complete the haunted hall upgrades if you only get 2 at a time from the adventures. Is there a faster way to get them without spending gems?

azriX2012
10-20-14, 09:24 AM
Is there a faster way to get parchment ghosts and bats. There won't be enough time to complete the haunted hall upgrades if you only get 2 at a time from the adventures. Is there a faster way to get them without spending gems?

Sorry but no. You can buy the Jack O Lantern, but it costs 150 gems and it's not a garanteed drop.

invu50much
10-20-14, 09:26 AM
Thank you. Also is there like a trick to get candy really fast? Some people have like over 800. I only have like 450

Jennerwein1
10-20-14, 09:28 AM
What is at thuakie sword.? Did I miss something?

meme1098
10-20-14, 09:32 AM

Sorry...inside joke. Thanks to NW we have a virtual, emoji, special sword. It's all in good fun.

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-20-14, 09:38 AM
Bawahahha!!! No, Jenn, you didn't miss anything. Thuakie swords are just something silly I made for 33 of my neighbors who signed up for one (long story that's too off-topic for here lol).
OMG! ...33... We're a 33 degree Thuakie Society now! (Y'all know who you are. Lol!)

On topic... I'm SOO so so close to hitting the 1250 prize and I really really really reeeeeeeeeeally wish it had an expansion permit included in it. Oh, and while I'm wishing on rainbows lol, I also wish a special pop-up appeared and said, "SURPRISE!! You just opened 10 new expansion plots!! Have fun expanding your kingdom!" LOL
If wishes were pink ponies, I'd ride one to Cali and get a job at TL. LOLOL!!!

~~Signature til I figure out how to add one (lol) ~ NOT accepting new neighbors, can hardly keep up with the demanding ones I currently have. *kiss* Lol ;)~~

fluffybutter007
10-20-14, 09:39 AM
Thank you. Also is there like a trick to get candy really fast? Some people have like over 800. I only have like 450

I don't collect from a lot of my buildings. Most collections I do are harvesting corn/sugar cane, making candy corn in my kitchen (and sugar when needed), collecting from 2 mines/1 deep mine, character houses (Sabina, Thomas, Ivy, and Thurston), collect from 1 sheep (some people have to collect from stables, but I don't), and haunted hall. I try to do 2 adventures a day, but may get 3 in if I'm in the mood.

Not so much collections from these: If I'm in the mood I'll collect from my reindeer (possible sugar drop) and troll vault (possible silver drop). I also try to collect from my glimmerdust troves and swampy pond if I want to do the Jeweler's trade (usually get silver from it). If I'm really short silver I may chop a few iron rich rocks and craft the iron into silver in my forge.

Edit: I also collect from my alicorns (have 2) and wizard school (have 1) when they're ready.

Edit: NW, click on "settings" at the top right of the screen. Find the box that says "my settings" on the left of the screen. There's a header that says "my profile" in the box, look for "edit signature" under that heading.

meme1098
10-20-14, 09:41 AM
Signature: go to your profile, you can find the place there to type it. Under settings.

Where are the bats?? I have 12 ghosts but on 4 bats working on expansion #4. accckkk

azriX2012
10-20-14, 09:45 AM

Maybe you're missing shards. I must say the agriculture shard is helping me A LOT when I harvest corn. 33% of the times I receive energy when I harvest anything. The same goes when I fight monsters. This is the shard thread - http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481863&viewfull=1#post481863

bookadey
10-20-14, 10:32 AM
I'm at level 28 with only 1 shard (water) and I'm at 1104 candy corns. I have 1 wizard school, the jack o lantern, and no alicorns. I check in at least every 2 hours to harvest corn and make the rounds of the kingdom. I also visit my neighbors daily. I was not going to collect from buildings not giving candy, but old habits prevail and I end up collecting from them. I do candy corn places first. I get 2-3 adventures in a day and have spend up the last before bed for a couple of gems twice because I kept falling asleep on my phone (lol) My haunted hall is at level 3- my sap supply is what holds me back - my workshop is ALWAYS busy. Considering we are less than a week into it, I feel like I will complete my hall and get all 5 goals before the end.

I think being able to check in often is the key to collecting. (I would REALLY like more shards though- pretty please TL, with a candy corn on top?)

invu50much
10-20-14, 10:37 AM
Thank you so much x

azriX2012
10-20-14, 10:46 AM
I think being able to check in often is the key to collecting

Agree.

Mylania
10-20-14, 10:51 AM
Signature: go to your profile, you can find the place there to type it. Under settings.

Where are the bats?? I have 12 ghosts but on 4 bats working on expansion #4. accckkk

I have your bats..17 bats and 6 ghosts, working on level 4. Wish we could trade! Hoping for a mini quest on Thursday that lets us use the extra cheap parchment we made last week to craft ghosts, and the black ink for bats. Or maybe use those transformation tonics to even them out!

reliquary
10-20-14, 11:06 AM
Can I just say how awesome battling skunkupines are.
I had a lucky row this morning when harvesting corn with my New Thaukie Sword;)
Every other plot spawned a skunk...and wow...i was GAINiNG energy!
I blame it on the awesomeness of Huan...all praise!

I wish stinky boars did this...with all these sugar-y candies we should be hyped up energy wise!
Like really, when kiddos come back after their trick o treating adventure they are bouncing off the walls

meme1098
10-20-14, 11:12 AM
I have your bats..17 bats and 6 ghosts, working on level 4. Wish we could trade! Hoping for a mini quest on Thursday that lets us use the extra cheap parchment we made last week to craft ghosts, and the black ink for bats. Or maybe use those transformation tonics to even them out!

Oh...that would be great!!! I got lots of extra parchment. Hint, hint...TL.

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 11:29 AM
Im out of everything...help lol!

Take a day to build up what stocks you can, don't worry about coin buildings and concentrate on the core items needed for the quest.

kudukuda
10-20-14, 11:29 AM
I have one treasure trove and a large trove left. What are the chances that they drop something useful for upgrading? Dont plan on using them till very last second, and even then probably not, but just a thought...

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 11:31 AM
The tablet of tabernum - the stone monolith looking thing. One of the early expansions.

See Dabag's goals thread here: posts #34 & 35

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481863&viewfull=1#post481863

Post #35 lists the 4 shards

I think you're doing great! Everyones just trying to do what they can to contribute and that's all that matters.. Good luck!
I'm hacking away at my corn with my Thuakie sword as often as possible. Thurston got an eyeful, NW, & he's so jealous!!! Lol

Exactly that! Everyone's doing what they can!

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 11:36 AM

Well at 2 or 3 adventures a day that makes 6 upwards, which is the best we get from feral lands and ancient vaults, just spread a little further.

nickiz09
10-20-14, 11:57 AM
The prizes we gain from the candy corn game will we keep them after the game is over or will they disappear after a specific time?

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 12:16 PM
Candy corn we don't keep but anything we win, yes we keep.

WiseMinerva
10-20-14, 12:51 PM
I'm level 50, but have a job, so not on much, although I can make 3 adventures a day.
I've got 588 candies. Trying to creak over the 600 tonight!
I got 30 candies from my last adventure. Wooooo!

But I'm British and have NO IDEA what "candy corn" is ;).

glimmergate
10-20-14, 12:55 PM
Hey everyone, I'm trying to scan through 30 pages of forum but it's slow going. How's the event - any issues so far? Other than Cownt Dracula dropping bogus strawberries (fixing that ASAP).

Wall tiling issues should be resolved this week I hope :)

8hat
10-20-14, 01:01 PM

I put my walls/arch up (from the 2nd prize) and they worked fine and looked great! I have them inclosing Greselda's creepy corner ;)

azriX2012
10-20-14, 01:09 PM

Thank you!

I just want to say I'm enjoying very much this event... at least much more than the first CS world event. The prizes look great and there are many ways for collecting candy corn. I just wished the parchment drops from the adventure were more balanced. My HH is already lv3 and atm I have 3 parchment ghosts and 11 parchment bats.

Queenzod
10-20-14, 01:11 PM
Well at 2 or 3 adventures a day that makes 6 upwards, which is the best we get from feral lands and ancient vaults, just spread a little further.

Stop being reasonable, you're mellowing my harsh, lol! :)

vontalken
10-20-14, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone, I'm trying to scan through 30 pages of forum but it's slow going. How's the event - any issues so far? Other than Cownt Dracula dropping bogus strawberries (fixing that ASAP).

I noticed the walls and the gate do not connect. This leave the upper wall with only one window and looks kinda funny. Is this the issue you are fixing?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img540/5092/z0Bufc.jpg

jasren
10-20-14, 01:44 PM
I can't do it. I have no idea either like you how it seems so many people can. If I get up at 7 and leave for work at 7:30, that is only a 1/2-hour window for that all-important first adventure of the day. It means that my second adventure would have to go out no later than 3:30pm no matter what is happening at work/in life, so that the third can go out by 11:30 at the latest. Because if it goes out after 11:30pm, it won't return before I leave at 7:30am the next morning. It is mind-boggling to me how it seems that more than half the people on this forum can get out the 3 per day that is essential for gathering the 70 bats and ghosts needed to upgrade the haunted house to level 5 and also get a decent night's rest, and also attend to life. MY hat is off to them all. I can't do it.[/QUOTE]

I was only doing 2 per day myself, but was getting 1 ghost each time. Candy collecting is much easier, iv gotten the third prize, and am at around 1400-1500, just from corn kitchen and adventures. But the parchment drop rates are terrible. I was reading on here that people set alarms for every 6 hours for their lanterns. I thought the only possible way I can do 3 adventures a day, is if I set one for every 8. So started doing that last night. Still only have HH at level 2. I send out adv at 7 then 3 then 11.

Love the event TL, but pleeeeeeease give us some goal or something to increase the bats and ghosts, as everyone seems to be struggling with amounts of those to upgrade Haunted Hall. :/

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 02:00 PM
I'm level 50, but have a job, so not on much, although I can make 3 adventures a day.
I've got 588 candies. Trying to creak over the 600 tonight!
I got 30 candies from my last adventure. Wooooo!

But I'm British and have NO IDEA what "candy corn" is ;).

I am too, and googled it, think looks like a cola bottle ish but is orange yellow and white, full of sugar. Not sure if it tastes jelly like a cola bottle or more sugar mice texture.

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 02:03 PM
Stop being reasonable, you're mellowing my harsh, lol! :)

Hehehe! Well trying my best to mellow things, apparently people have been naughty on this thread today.

meme1098
10-20-14, 02:03 PM

No problem with walls in my Queendom.

However, there is a huge disparity in the parchment drops from the adventure. Some have ghost issues but I'm having bat problems. Working on the 4 upgrade with 16 ghosts & only 5 bats. At this rate (of 1 bat per adventure) I'll be lucky to get to level 4 in 2 weeks. The drops should really be way more balanced than that. Please, pretty please, with candy corn on top, is there any way to balance the ghosts vs. bats

ShibuyaCloth
10-20-14, 02:06 PM
Love the event TL, but pleeeeeeease give us some goal or something to increase the bats and ghosts, as everyone seems to be struggling with amounts of those to upgrade Haunted Hall. :/

Probably on THU there will be some additional quests or things to do to boost a little the resource gathering. I don't have a lantern as I have not enough gems to buy one and won't buy gems for the moment.

I believe I can upgrade to L5 at the last moment, just got L3 today. I send out 3 adventure a day (today only 2) as I usually sleep 6 hours or less a night. So it is possible but on a real tight schedule.

vednir
10-20-14, 02:12 PM
I purchased Dead trees & I am averaging 2-3 GDust per. Also the dead logs give GDust and red pedals. And mushroom rings give GDust. I always collect from Sir Piggy, immediately after getting a GDust drop from Shrum Ring, and 90% of the time, Piggy will drop GDust. If I don't collect Piggy that way, he drops me Truffles, which I am usually full of. And of course you can post your wall that you need GDust and your Neighbors should help. Good Luck!!

The fairy tea party will also drop glimmerdust fairly consistently.

kooky panda
10-20-14, 02:31 PM
I noticed the walls and the gate do not connect. This leave the upper wall with only one window and looks kinda funny. Is this the issue you are fixing?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img540/5092/z0Bufc.jpg

This should be fixed now. If not, try restarting your device or game.
Current bug thread
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74134-Spooky-Gate-misaligned

kooky panda
10-20-14, 02:32 PM
The prizes we gain from the candy corn game will we keep them after the game is over or will they disappear after a specific time?
You will be able to keep the prizes you gain from this event.

Jennerwein1
10-20-14, 02:39 PM
Trying to add picture of candy corn for the rest of the world.16179

vontalken
10-20-14, 02:39 PM

This should be fixed now. If not, try restarting your device or game.
Current bug thread
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74134-Spooky-Gate-misaligned

Sorry kooky :( this isn't the same issue or feedback as that. Similar granted.

The gate and wall are aligned, but they are not connecting . the main reason this is a bother (for me) is that it off balances the symmetry. on the left of the gate I have three windows all the way down and on the right I have one doorway then three windows all the way down.

it isn't earth scattering or major. it is the very definition of cosmetic. :)

jasren
10-20-14, 02:58 PM
Probably on THU there will be some additional quests or things to do to boost a little the resource gathering. I don't have a lantern as I have not enough gems to buy one and won't buy gems for the moment.

I believe I can upgrade to L5 at the last moment, just got L3 today. I send out 3 adventure a day (today only 2) as I usually sleep 6 hours or less a night. So it is possible but on a real tight schedule.

I hope there will be.

BTW- I'm actually at 1650 candy, and no I don't have 10-20 ailcorn. I have 1 which iv collected from once during this event. It is possible to get heaps of candy if only collecting from corn kitchen and event item needs. Character houses. But the decorations..... Not so good. I'm at lev 2- 15 bats, 10 ghosts.

jimboser
10-20-14, 03:01 PM

A simple picture doesn't really give a scale for these. Those could have been a box of traffic cones and we couldn't tell the difference. ;)

Here's some more info: Wikipedia (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCandy_c orn&ei=zYVFVMbIF8n18AGE74F4&usg=AFQjCNFSt7-U6iTS3PXEiwf-Wv8HY5dVhw)

Basically, they have the consistency of jelly beans, just shaped and colored like corn.

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 03:43 PM
That's a rotation issue and easy to sort if you place them side by side it never makes sense in writing but they do connect in the way you want to. I'll try and post my pic, however my issue is that they don't completely connect it looks like there is a gap.16193

vontalken
10-20-14, 03:56 PM
That's a rotation issue and easy to sort if you place them side by side it never makes sense in writing but they do connect in the way you want to. I'll try and post my pic, however my issue is that they don't completely connect it looks like there is a gap.16193

Yes it is that gap. The connection between wall and gate. All the other walls connect to all the other gates and form a nice seamless wall, but not this one. This gate is off.. the Halloween walls connect to the other gates just fine, but the none of the walls connect to this gate.

so I was asking if this was the issue that Glimmergate was talking about fixing in this weeks update :)

azriX2012
10-20-14, 04:03 PM
so I was asking if this was the issue that Glimmergate was talking about fixing in this weeks update :)

I think Glimmergate is referring to this http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74154-Problem-with-Spooky-Walls

Anaboe
10-20-14, 04:20 PM
All TL games are down :'(

CLOVERKAITO
10-20-14, 05:18 PM
I can't get into the game. Anyone with this problem? :(

glimmergate
10-20-14, 05:19 PM
Yeah, the walls facing strange ways is one of the issues we're looking into.

Unfortunately the wall and gate will not connect for this set, however all walls that face the same way should look the same, and they don't right now. We're investigating :)

Luna48
10-20-14, 05:20 PM
I can't get in either. Not so good during a timed event.

glimmergate
10-20-14, 05:21 PM
Hey folks all our games should be back up now. Sorry for the outage!

stuffedmounts
10-20-14, 05:22 PM
I can't get in either. Not so good during a timed event.
This downtime completely just screwed up my timing for the 8hr quest since I couldn't claim & restart it when it was ready. Now the next one won't be ready until after I've gone to bed. Really angry about that because it will definitely affect how many candy corns I'll be able to get by the end of this event. :mad:

midsom
10-20-14, 05:29 PM

OUTAGE On the Facebook page it says you were down for maintenance so which is it, and who thought it was a good idea to do maintenance during a timed event.

butterfly_25
10-20-14, 05:30 PM
I too was unable to collect from several of my resources for candy corn when they were ready, delaying many of their timing for before I sleep.

ALSO, one of my dragons had just given me 10 energy before it suddenly disconnected. When it finally came back, I was surprised I got energy again but from a different dragon and for only 5 energy. :(:eek:

shadowmaster13
10-20-14, 05:32 PM
I think this event, despite the higher prize levels (at least for the individual prizes) because we have a week longer to get there. You only need to gain around 170 per day where you needed closer to 310 in the midsummer event.
It's pretty easy to hit if you farm all Corn and Sugar Cane, the corn lets you cook it and it also drop candy corn.

sunnygirl634
10-20-14, 05:33 PM
delete post

vontalken
10-20-14, 06:51 PM
Yeah, the walls facing strange ways is one of the issues we're looking into.

Unfortunately the wall and gate will not connect for this set, however all walls that face the same way should look the same, and they don't right now. We're investigating :)

:( *cry* ..... o well cosmetic is cosmetic I can deal. wall facing issue sounds more important anyway :)

stuffedmounts
10-20-14, 07:07 PM
I think this event, despite the higher prize levels (at least for the individual prizes) because we have a week longer to get there. You only need to gain around 170 per day where you needed closer to 310 in the midsummer event.
It's pretty easy to hit if you farm all Corn and Sugar Cane, the corn lets you cook it and it also drop candy corn.
I completely disagree with your opinion that it's pretty easy to hit the 170 candy corn-per-day target. There are tons of posts on here from people who are struggling with their count, and also from people who are trying to juggle work and/or kids. What I can agree to is the idea that hitting 170 is easier for people who are able to play all day long. But that's a given, not exactly a revelation.

I think I've been doing ok so far but thanks to this outtage now my timing is screwed up and I somehow have to make up for a collection from everything; Ivy, Thurston, Sabina, Old Thomas, my Jack o Lantern, my 8hr quest, the HH, 2 candy corns from kitchens. That's at least 50 candy corns to make up somehow, but you also have to count the time involved in getting the resources together. I doubt I'll be able to do that so all I can do is hope that downtime didn't just ***** me out of earning the cauldron.

fluffybutter007
10-20-14, 07:18 PM
I have to disagree, I have no problem getting 200 candies a day. I work during the day and have night classes. Just use all your energy into candy corn collections and ignore buildings that don't drop items you need for the event. :)

midsom
10-20-14, 07:19 PM
I farm all corn and cane but it's the energy to harvest it that is lacking in the lower levels, that hour may mean nothing to you but it was 20 energy for me, I was on 40 about to harvest corn hoping to encourage a skunk when the maintenance outage hit when I came back sure I was still on 40 but if it hadn't happened I would have used my 40 and have 20 more nearly five more candy canes for me.

butterfly_25
10-20-14, 07:24 PM
During the outage and then again now for 2 hours(!) I have been unable to access this site. I wonder if other players are trying to come online and post or read.

mrglymph
10-20-14, 07:34 PM
I also could not access the Internet for a while on my phone. It was very frustrating since it happened just as I was getting the third prize

mrglymph
10-20-14, 07:38 PM
Lol. People are going nuts.

Jennerwein1
10-20-14, 07:44 PM
A simple picture doesn't really give a scale for these. Those could have been a box of traffic cones and we couldn't tell the difference. ;)

Here's some more info: Wikipedia (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCandy_c orn&ei=zYVFVMbIF8n18AGE74F4&usg=AFQjCNFSt7-U6iTS3PXEiwf-Wv8HY5dVhw)

Basically, they have the consistency of jelly beans, just shaped and colored like corn.

Candy the size of traffic cones??? I'm in !!!!! ;) what a sugar rush ! Or more like coma,lol.

SpiritWind00
10-20-14, 07:44 PM

Posts get buried quickly... Back to harvesting now.

vontalken
10-20-14, 07:54 PM
More cocktail napkin math

Today's question:
How to get by on corn and 2 adventures a day.

so assuming you have kids and a job can you get by with roughly 4-5 updates a day -ish aka. can you do this if you have no advantage?

Early morning @ 7 AM = 40 energy

Collect adventure w/ 35 candy average and a little extra energy - restart adventure
CORN!!!! harvest 35 plots + 5 cane ( assuming no knowledge shard so no energy return- all energy to corn woot)
---- 6 candy from corn + 4 skunks (**** with adventure energy it returns most if not all on death) @ 2 candy each = 8 candy + 5/1 candy exchange =7 candy
w/ extra energy between shower and breakfast/coffee player houses = 4 * 2 candy = 8 candy

total in morning = 35+6+8+7+8 = 64 candy

After work @ 6 PM = 40 energy

Exactly the same save Ivy's hut = 62 candy

Mid evening @ 8 pm ish = 40 energy

HARVEST!!! :) plus Ivy = 6+8+7+2=23 candy .. ok up to 166 that is without any advantage and using low averages :) woot!

Late evening @ 10 pm ish = 40 energy rinse repeat or if it is enough because you have a pumpkin then restock for adventures.

So the conservative math will get you very very close. the important part is to ignore everything that isn't candy or adventure related.

If you have a pumpkin you there already with +12 and that is 178. hmm i even forgot the easy 2 for 1 from Haunted :P

never give up! never surrender! candy for all!

mmmm corny goodness. *sigh... I need a better hobby*

Queenzod
10-20-14, 08:04 PM
I think the other thing to keep in mind, and this isn't so pleasant, is that some people aren't going to be able to make all the goals for the personal prizes. It is more difficult at the lower levels for lots of reasons, and for those people who actually have a life, lol! But you'll get what you can get to. Let's not forget these are bonuses (bonusi?) and not necessary for onward movement in the game as a whole. Plus, it's still early. Do what you can and try not to sweat the small stuff. It's not worth it, IMO. There's a big, beautiful world out there with lots of wonderful people in it and games are supposed to be fun! Good luck to everyone!

JustKay
10-20-14, 09:07 PM
I have to disagree, I have no problem getting 200 candies a day. I work during the day and have night classes. Just use all your energy into candy corn collections and ignore buildings that don't drop items you need for the event. :)

Same here. Even though I'm a high level player and I got one of the jack o laterns, I'm dropping everything else and going for gold... I mean corn. Granted i was probably a bit behind in my early laziness.

LaceFace333
10-20-14, 09:47 PM
During the outage and then again now for 2 hours(!) I have been unable to access this site. I wonder if other players are trying to come online and post or read.

Yes, I cannot create my own thread. And, I had the same issue yesterday. I cannot access the forum. It is probably because there are so many people on at once.

LaceFace333
10-20-14, 09:55 PM
My trick or treat adventure only gives me a couple bats. I have already done the trick or treat adventure about 8 times, but still haven't reached level 3 on my haunted house. The adventure seriously gives me like one bat, sometimes two per adventure. I've surpassed the Royal blocks and Royal beams. Just waiting on ghosts and bats, but seems that I get double the ghosts than the bats.

Gabi2111
10-20-14, 10:26 PM
I think the other thing to keep in mind, and this isn't so pleasant, is that some people aren't going to be able to make all the goals for the personal prizes. It is more difficult at the lower levels for lots of reasons, and for those people who actually have a life, lol! But you'll get what you can get to. Let's not forget these are bonuses (bonusi?) and not necessary for onward movement in the game as a whole. Plus, it's still early. Do what you can and try not to sweat the small stuff. It's not worth it, IMO. There's a big, beautiful world out there with lots of wonderful people in it and games are supposed to be fun! Good luck to everyone!

I have to agree with you. All by all it's just a game.

Gabi2111
10-20-14, 10:28 PM
Same here. Even though I'm a high level player and I got one of the jack o laterns, I'm dropping everything else and going for gold... I mean corn. Granted i was probably a bit behind in my early laziness.

Hahaha....same here. Corn it is!!! And sugar, so that I can make more candy.

JustKay
10-20-14, 10:58 PM
I'm staring to think even with one jack-o-lantern, I won't make this unless I go mental on the corn farming. So far I got some early boosts from the goals so it was easier to make and get ahead of the daily quota of 170. The drops from the hauted house don't seem to be increasing much with each level (+1), so I don't think having a fully built one would contribute much. The sun festival tent dropped so much more. It almost doesn't seem to be worth the effort required to collect parts for it (if it wasn't for the extra candy). Now that I've completed most of the goals, I wonder how hard it would be to make the daily quota.

BriarAvenue
10-20-14, 11:03 PM

Hi, vontalked,

I don't think you've taken into account the 20 energies from visiting neighbors per day though.

fantaloonastic
10-20-14, 11:08 PM
im on 960 candy corn, I got lucky because for once I was stocked on basically everything needed. I've long since run out of silver but I have enough items made for 12 more adventures so I'll be stocking up again for a few days. The only thing I don't think I'll be able to do is get the haunted house fully upgraded. Still need 5-6 ghosts and bats for level 3!

PurpleScorpion76
10-20-14, 11:50 PM

Exactly the same problem for me, but I'm in the UK and the gap opened up enough for me to get my bedtime tapping in and then fall asleep. Once I could open other web pages I knew it was TL and not our internet connection.

jbfps116
10-21-14, 12:47 AM

AAAAHHHH!! You're teasing me! I'm in china and they hardly have it! [for those who don't know what it tastes like, very sweet with a mild honey flavor. ]
Well in 4 days I have 1431 candy! That means I should be able to get the last prize in about 5 days!! Yay half time! (9vs18)
IDK about the houe though it might take longer, but I'm 75% done getting to level 4

oscarbeebee
10-21-14, 01:59 AM

Hear hear. I've recently started playing dragon story and just accept that I probably won't get very far or win many of the prizes. If they made it easy enough for everyone to win all the prizes it wouldn't be much of a challenge for higher level players- it's a bit of a balancing act to make it just challenging enough for the majority. I think the balance on this event is pretty good.

Except I need more silver!! Could someone remind me if I'm missing somewhere I can get silver? I'm crafting some, and collecting from mines, and from the troll vault. When I have a little energy to spare I'm bashing rocks. Any other sources I'm forgetting?

Chaotarch
10-21-14, 02:02 AM
Drops from Cownt:

Normal: Milk, fertilizer, hide, prime cut, coins
Red : Strawberry, tomato, apple, red pedal

Drops from Cauldron:

simple glue, super glue, builders paste, dye ( yellow, blue, purple ) <--- various combinations possible

Castloninian
10-21-14, 02:37 AM
Does anyone know if the Jack o Lantern will continue to drop paper ghosts and bats after the event? If that is the case then as long as people have got to level 3 personal prize, they should be able to keep upgrading the haunted house after the event and adventures finish. That would be brilliant! Perhaps Glimmergate can confirm?

katbtodd
10-21-14, 03:48 AM
Did they stop,the clock.. Or did it keep on ticking ..and you guys lost time in your game too

katbtodd
10-21-14, 03:49 AM
Exactly the same problem for me, but I'm in the UK and the gap opened up enough for me to get my bedtime tapping in and then fall asleep. Once I could open other web pages I knew it was TL and not our internet connection.

During a timed event they should not close game. time is important, or did they stop,the clock

tentalen
10-21-14, 04:11 AM
Your are a star. Great positive advice.

PurpleScorpion76
10-21-14, 04:14 AM
During a timed event they should not close game. time is important, or did they stop,the clock

Oh I completely agree if I'd not turned over and decided to check one last time before I fell asleep I would have lost 60 energy because at night my last collection consists of max energy plus 2 wizard schools. I think time should be added or better still a crate of energy for each player for the amount of time lost.

tentalen
10-21-14, 04:46 AM
You are the star such great positive advise. Enjoy the quest people

Today's question:
How to get by on corn and 2 adventures a day.

so assuming you have kids and a job can you get by with roughly 4-5 updates a day -ish aka. can you do this if you have no advantage?

Early morning @ 7 AM = 40 energy

Collect adventure w/ 35 candy average and a little extra energy - restart adventure
CORN!!!! harvest 35 plots + 5 cane ( assuming no knowledge shard so no energy return- all energy to corn woot)
---- 6 candy from corn + 4 skunks (**** with adventure energy it returns most if not all on death) @ 2 candy each = 8 candy + 5/1 candy exchange =7 candy
w/ extra energy between shower and breakfast/coffee player houses = 4 * 2 candy = 8 candy

total in morning = 35+6+8+7+8 = 64 candy

After work @ 6 PM = 40 energy

Exactly the same save Ivy's hut = 62 candy

Mid evening @ 8 pm ish = 40 energy

HARVEST!!! :) plus Ivy = 6+8+7+2=23 candy .. ok up to 166 that is without any advantage and using low averages :) woot!

Late evening @ 10 pm ish = 40 energy rinse repeat or if it is enough because you have a pumpkin then restock for adventures.

So the conservative math will get you very very close. the important part is to ignore everything that isn't candy or adventure related.

If you have a pumpkin you there already with +12 and that is 178. hmm i even forgot the easy 2 for 1 from Haunted :P

never give up! never surrender! candy for all!

mmmm corny goodness. *sigh... I need a better hobby*

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-21-14, 04:58 AM
This event lasts the exact same amount of time as the last event - 18 days.
If you've managed to get your Addams family house (gah, wish I had a dragula to park outside of it now! lol) to level 3 and are working on level 4, then you've already managed to collect at least 25-30 bats and ghosts. That's nearly 1/2 way to the 70 required to get to level 5 and we're not even a week into this event yet.
We still have until November 3rd, folks. There are still 2 more Thursdays before that, with at least one of those days probably giving us a mini-quest to get more candy corn and/or bats & ghosts. The haunted house wasn't meant to get to level 5 in a week or less, except for those who choose to spend gems to get it there already. To demand recompense for a little 1-hr outage is a bit much, don't y'all think? - or is everyone on such a sugar rush-high that a 1-hr break made blood sugar levels plummet too hard and all sense of reality along with it? LOL
Keep at it, y'all; you'll get there! :)

Ps. LMAO @ your signature, Tentalen of Trap Rain!! LOL

craftfan
10-21-14, 05:25 AM
Drops from Cownt:

Normal: Milk, fertilizer, hide, prime cut, coins
Red : Strawberry, tomato, apple, red pedal

Drops from Cauldron:

simple glue, super glue, builders paste, dye ( yellow, blue, purple ) <--- various combinations possible

I hope the Cownt gives more fertiliser than my 3 conservatories, 4 sheep and 7 regular cows. I'm still trying to do Sister Sister and the poo has just dried up. Getting on fine with the Hallowe'en goals - Level 3 HH and 1500+ candies but like to move Sister Sister on a wee bit as I'm fed up with it now.

PurpleScorpion76
10-21-14, 06:06 AM
If you've managed to get your Addams family house (gah, wish I had a dragula to park outside of it now! lol) to level 3 and are working on level 4, then you've already managed to collect at least 25-30 bats and ghosts. That's nearly 1/2 way to the 70 required to get to level 5 and we're not even a week into this event yet.
We still have until November 3rd, folks. There are still 2 more Thursdays before that, with at least one of those days probably giving us a mini-quest to get more candy corn and/or bats & ghosts. The haunted house wasn't meant to get to level 5 in a week or less, except for those who choose to spend gems to get it there already. To demand recompense for a little 1-hr outage is a bit much, don't y'all think? - or is everyone on such a sugar rush-high that a 1-hr break made blood sugar levels plummet too hard and all sense of reality along with it? LOL

I personally wasn't badly affected by it, but quite a few are stating they're getting 1 bat and ghost each adventure we need 70 and I think someone did the maths that means 1 each makes 54, if those same people lost the adventure collection to maintain the 3 a day, it loses them their structure and potentially the Haunted Hall being levelled up.

For half the world they were asleep, but America which I suspect is their biggest customer they were all wide awake about to settle down to make some candy corn after they'd finished work!

BriarAvenue
10-21-14, 06:54 AM
We still have until November 3rd, folks. There are still 2 more Thursdays before that, with at least one of those days probably giviCng us a mini-quest to get more candy corn and/or bats & ghosts. The haunted house wasn't meant to get to level 5 in a week or less, except for those who choose to spend gems to get it there already. To demand recompense for a little 1-hr outage is a bit much, don't y'all think? - or is everyone on such a sugar rush-high that a 1-hr break made blood sugar levels plummet too hard and all sense of reality along with it? LOL

I personally was not affected but can appreciate the anxiety n being choked for those at lower level. Even more so if they play this kind of quest for the first time. I surely was last time abt not able to finish. (as they hide away the qty for the personal prizes)

On the other hand, I'm still affected by the giantic oversized "gifts" totally unappealing last time.
So I hv less anxiety this time. Otherwise I would hv been equally choked by the outage.
From equity perspective, it's what should be fair and not the extent of injury caused.
So I hv to agree either the dead line should be adjusted or if it's not postponed,
then compensation of some sort is in order.

GC5410
10-21-14, 07:36 AM
I wasn't able to collect my adventure and start a new one before going to sleep last night (due to the outage) which was rather annoying especially since I'm only managing 2 adventures a day as it is. No point worrying about being behind until the last few days (well, no point worrying at all since it's only a game, but you know what I mean!).

I missed playing quite a bit for a few days because I was moving house, but I'm up to 1000 candy corn now, which isn't too bad (I don't have a jack o'lantern and neither of my 2 alicorns have been collectable since the goals started, plus I only have 1 wizard school).

The thing I'm more likely to struggle with is the parchment bats/ghosts - so far I'm 10 short of those needed for level 3 (although on the plus side, I'm 5 short of each so I'm getting them in equal numbers which is helpful).

EBJW
10-21-14, 08:02 AM
Just have to vent a bit:
I was so happy with the spooky gate, walls and towers! Wanted to place them in my spooky corner. Sadly they don't match/look well together. I know, it will be fixed, but this afternoon I just couldn't wait anymore and started rearranging anyway.
And.... it's been a while, but yes, once again: = GEMTRAP ! =
:mad:
I accidently sold one of the spooky towers.... So had to buy a new one, cause one won't do it...

Me sad..... :(

badbunny42
10-21-14, 08:23 AM

I think I love you. There's ages left to play.

As to people running short of silver, since it takes far less time to make a tiara than the quest lasts, just stay one ahead and visit your mines. I am so glad this quest uses one potion, one forge, and one workshop to fulfill an adventure. No clogs in the system.

What I've noticed visiting my neighbors is so many aren't participating (no corn or sugar crops). Anyone else observe that? Anyone know how we compare to sun stones?

PurpleScorpion76
10-21-14, 08:53 AM
I think I love you. There's ages left to play.

As to people running short of silver, since it takes far less time to make a tiara than the quest lasts, just stay one ahead and visit your mines. I am so glad this quest uses one potion, one forge, and one workshop to fulfill an adventure. No clogs in the system.

What I've noticed visiting my neighbors is so many aren't participating (no corn or sugar crops). Anyone else observe that? Anyone know how we compare to sun stones?

I've noticed this too. At the weekend I thought it was a good opportunity to access my active neighbours, grant you some may start a little later so I made a list with everyone without a Haunted Hall, either building or construction site. I have over 100 on that list, I will compare it to gifters and those that have recently sent requests and all the other tell tale signs and probably ditch half. But even high level players don't seem to be playing.

Seriously700
10-21-14, 08:57 AM
Just wanted to post that it costs 15 gems to skip any of the items for the Halloween adventure. Something to consider if you are having trouble getting the resources to make the tiaras, masks or hats. I've been trying to keep my inventory of the three items even, and only craft them if I have enough materials for all 3.

I appreciate reading about other people's strategies, particularly regarding how they ration their energy. I do find it hard during these timed events to modify my collecting habits to such a significant extent. I still am collecting a few items not related to the Halloween goals - mostly trying to make an occasional floral glow or vital extract plus do a royal exchange trade once in a while. Funny to be spending so much energy on corn when pepe usually has me maxed out.

katbtodd
10-21-14, 09:17 AM
Oh I completely agree if I'd not turned over and decided to check one last time before I fell asleep I would have lost 60 energy because at night my last collection consists of max energy plus 2 wizard schools. I think time should be added or better still a crate of energy for each player for the amount of time lost.

That is a great idea !

belbar22
10-21-14, 09:41 AM
Just hit 1700 candies on 1 account and 1400 in the other. On HH level 3 on both accounts although a long way off level 4. Considering we are not even half way through I am feeling quite optimistic.

I also only make stuff for adventure when I have enough for all 3 and have 14 resources on 1 account and 8 on the other. I am going to start slowing down making stuff for adventures cos don't want to make too many and waste resources. As long as I have enough for a couple of days I feel comfortable.

zenobia42
10-21-14, 09:59 AM
Yes, an energy crate would be great compensation!

Early on, I was getting 1.5 bats or ghosts per adventure. Now it more like 2 of each per adventure on average. As long as it stays 2 per adventure on average, I'll get the level 5 Haunted Hall with 2 adventures per day. In fact, I got my Haunted Hall to level 3 this morning! :D

I'm 8 behind on ghosts as compared to bats though. Not quite the spread I have on glimmer shards to glimmer fragments lol, but quite noticeable. I had enough bats to upgrade 2 adventures before I got enough ghosts. Hopefully over time the ghosts will catch up to the bats.

gilachaya
10-21-14, 10:02 AM
I just got the cownt but couldn't figure out how to add the picture. I'll post the drops.

zenobia42
10-21-14, 10:03 AM
I hope the Cownt gives more fertiliser than my 3 conservatories, 4 sheep and 7 regular cows. I'm still trying to do Sister Sister and the poo has just dried up. Getting on fine with the Hallowe'en goals - Level 3 HH and 1500+ candies but like to move Sister Sister on a wee bit as I'm fed up with it now.

I am up to 6 conservatories and 12 cows lol. And 4 sheep - it seems to me they have a higher fertilzer drop rate so I collect from them even when maxed on wool. But I highly doubt they changed the fertilizer drop rate for our trick-or-treating cow. Sadly. I'm sure he'll be as constipated as my other bovines lol.

GaSaKaDa
10-21-14, 10:15 AM
What you all need is my secret weapon in candy collection, I have a 15 year old incontinent Jack Russell Terrier (Millie) who wakes us up at least twice a night to go out for a tiddle, never before have I leapt out of bed so willingly (normally a battle of wills between husband and I to see who can hold out the longest whilst Millie tap dances on the wood floor!) as it means I can collect from everything and harvest/plant much more, just gone through 2000 candies, Hooray for old dogs.

Loving this update, it's great to have something to strive for, loving having a Creepy Corner in the kingdom too. Thanks to my lovely neighbours who've been gifting me fur and silver, much appreciated.

Keep on cropping, from GaSaKaDa from the overcrowded Kingdom of Ankh Skardellia (Happy to accept new neighbours too��)

KingdomNo735
10-21-14, 10:39 AM
Energy: drop from>
Alicorn-complete level energy refill (1x per 7days),
Pink Alicorn-to a max of7 energy daily (occasionally rare 100 energy boost)
Wizard School-depends on level (max10),
Royal Exchange: Fruit Trade(5)-Magic Fruit Trade(15), Meat Delivery(10);
Harvesting crops-33% (must have 3rd Shard from Tablet of Tabernum); Greenhouse>Faerie Elixir (20); Mermaid Pond.
Occasional drops from>> Adventures, Sir Pigglesworth,

Wait, the mermaid pond drops energy on occasion? I did not know this.

I'm at about 1,000 candy corn.

kimberly0822
10-21-14, 10:40 AM
C
What you all need is my secret weapon in candy collection, I have a 15 year old incontinent Jack Russell Terrier (Millie) who wakes us up at least twice a night to go out for a tiddle, never before have I leapt out of bed so willingly (normally a battle of wills between husband and I to see who can hold out the longest whilst Millie tap dances on the wood floor!) as it means I can collect from everything and harvest/plant much more, just gone through 2000 candies, Hooray for old dogs.

Loving this update, it's great to have something to strive for, loving having a Creepy Corner in the kingdom too. Thanks to my lovely neighbours who've been gifting me fur and silver, much appreciated.

Keep on cropping, from GaSaKaDa from the overcrowded Kingdom of Ankh Skardellia (Happy to accept new neighbours too��)

Bless you for your positive attitude and for taking such good care of your dog Millie. Your post made me smile!

clarity625
10-21-14, 10:47 AM
I'm at level 32. I don't have any shards, wizard schools or alicorns. Last event I didn't make it to the last individual item, so when this event started I was pretty nervous, especially when I had around 700 candies and lots of people posted they have alicorns, shards and over 1500 candy. I read up on all those advantages and it seems that Alicorns are available for gems only and so are the wizard schools. I might get a shard one day, since I harvest the tablet every day. One can always hope.

I finally broke down and bought the mermaid pond I have been thinking about for a couple of months. I also got a Jack-o-lantern, mostly because I had some money in itunes.

Now we are almost a third of the way done, (one more day to go.) I have 1293 candy, so I can expect to make about 1300 * 3 = 3900 candy. I am a lot more relaxed. My Haunted hall is level 3. I'd like to finish expanding the haunted hall, but as long as I get cownt Dracula and the cauldron, I'm good.

ginourmous
10-21-14, 10:53 AM
I say we need a ROYAL EXCHANGE OF FRUITS for CANDIES!!! The Apples, lemons & oranges are the same colors as the candies! Those fruits are too darn healthy, I want to trade them for candies!!! ;-)

WiseMinerva
10-21-14, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the pictures of candy corn :)

shannonth
10-21-14, 11:03 AM
Wow team lava must be having a lot of issues on this game I went and got gems and they didn't add and I emailed them and said it would take longer then usually because of the high demands of support tickets! Grrrrrrr!!! I getting so frustrated with this game. Question does it seem to be taken longer for te community goal then last time? I have not even got the first one yet and it seem we use to get 3 candy corn from some house and now I am only getting one. I'm getting discourages now  the drops seemed more atheist now less. The first day I got almost the 2nd reward and now it seem I wont get the next for another day:( I have two pumpkins and everything

fahrensland
10-21-14, 11:17 AM

Such a sweet post :) your Millie sounds like a sweetheart. So glad you and your husband are taking such good care of her in her advanced age, great role models.

zenobia42
10-21-14, 11:18 AM
I say we need a ROYAL EXCHANGE OF FRUITS for CANDIES!!! The Apples, lemons & oranges are the same colors as the candies! Those fruits are too darn healthy, I want to trade them for candies!!! ;-)
LMFAO - I love it! We are all going to need to send our characters to the dentist when this is over.

Wow team lava must be having a lot of issues on this game I went and got gems and they didn't add and I emailed them and said it would take longer then usually because of the high demands of support tickets! Grrrrrrr!!! I getting so frustrated with this game. Question does it seem to be taken longer for te community goal then last time? I have not even got the first one yet and it seem we use to get 3 candy corn from some house and now I am only getting one. I'm getting discourages now  the drops seemed more atheist now less. The first day I got almost the 2nd reward and now it seem I wont get the next for another day:( I have two pumpkins and everything
So sorry to hear about your gem issues and lack of help on top of that - that doesn't surprise me, sadly, but it stinks. :(

As for the candy corn drops, I am pretty sure it is 100% random - every house that gives out candy gives 1-3 every time. I'll hit a bad spell with 1's a few times in a row, then a good spell of 3's. You should be in fine shape with 2 jack-o-lanterns if you are collecting from them and houses regularly, and conserve energy by refraining from collecting from any other coin building during the event so as to use that energy planting corn & sugar and making candy corn in the kitchens. Good luck - I hope you make it all the way!

gilachaya
10-21-14, 11:35 AM
My first drop from Cownt Dracula was one milk and one fertilizer.

8hat
10-21-14, 11:45 AM
I got 2 silver from my trick or treat adventure...is that new, it feels new :rolleyes:

Bought 1 jack-o-lantern, acquired 1675 candies, lvl 3 HH, need 7 more bats and 10 ghosts to upgrade to lvl 4. Things seem to be moving at a good pace.

LadyAggie06
10-21-14, 11:55 AM
I only have 882 candy corn... And I see that you all are rolling... I do not have the jack o lantern. Should I be nervous... Seems as if some of you are rolling...

The Tiara is the hardest to make, for me. I don't have enough silver...

My HH is at level 2. Just need like 8 more bats and ghosts...

meme1098
10-21-14, 11:59 AM
I only have 882 candy corn... And I see that you all are rolling... I do not have the jack o lantern. Should I be nervous... Seems as if some of you are rolling...

I'd say you're doing fine. Everyones just doing the best they can to harvest, craft & collect. So just keep up the good work. Be sure to ask your gifters for silver if that's your need at the moment. You'll get there. Plenty of time to go yet.

zoeee87
10-21-14, 12:36 PM
Looks like we're alrady at 80% for the first community prize. I think we can get this done tonight!!

jimboser
10-21-14, 01:07 PM
Looks like we're alrady at 80% for the first community prize. I think we can get this done tonight!!

I did some basic math, took the current community total and divided that by my current total, and came up with a bit over 92,000 active players. I usually play regularly, but wasn't able to this last weekend, so I'm hoping my numbers may be close to average. If I'm on the high side, then there may be well over 100,000 active players currently.

perry5
10-21-14, 01:07 PM
Yes! Cownt Dracula is mine!

stuffedmounts
10-21-14, 01:08 PM
Wait, the mermaid pond drops energy on occasion? I did not know this.

I'm at about 1,000 candy corn.
I've had two mermaid ponds since they first became available and I've never gotten any energy from either of them. And that's playing daily. That guy must be mistaken or I'm insanely unlucky.

meme1098
10-21-14, 01:10 PM
Congrats!!! He looks awesome in the cornfield!

belbar22
10-21-14, 01:11 PM
I am suffering from corn harvesters finger!!!

shannonth
10-21-14, 01:19 PM
Thank you!!!!

LMFAO - I love it! We are all going to need to send our characters to the dentist when this is over.

So sorry to hear about your gem issues and lack of help on top of that - that doesn't surprise me, sadly, but it stinks. :(

As for the candy corn drops, I am pretty sure it is 100% random - every house that gives out candy gives 1-3 every time. I'll hit a bad spell with 1's a few times in a row, then a good spell of 3's. You should be in fine shape with 2 jack-o-lanterns if you are collecting from them and houses regularly, and conserve energy by refraining from collecting from any other coin building during the event so as to use that energy planting corn & sugar and making candy corn in the kitchens. Good luck - I hope you make it all the way!

shannonth
10-21-14, 01:20 PM
Hang in there!!

farmerbrown2010
10-21-14, 01:23 PM
I've noticed this too. At the weekend I thought it was a good opportunity to access my active neighbours, grant you some may start a little later so I made a list with everyone without a Haunted Hall, either building or construction site. I have over 100 on that list, I will compare it to gifters and those that have recently sent requests and all the other tell tale signs and probably ditch half. But even high level players don't seem to be playing.

I've been checking my neighbors also and was surprised that very few seem to be playing - no evidence of a haunted house etc. I really like decorating and play the game frequently during the day. I'm Level 50 and wish Team Lava would add more levels. My Haunted House is Level 3 and expect to make Level 5 since I have been able to complete all the other quests for the last 2 years. I down load and play other Team Lava games just to earn gems for Castle Story since I don't buy gems, it drives my husband nuts because they pop up on his IPhone and computer also.

Still taking neighbor requests. Farmerbrown2010

shannonth
10-21-14, 01:28 PM
Just added you I'm Doing the same thing I removed over 30 people today because of it too

I've been checking my neighbors also and was surprised that very few seem to be playing - no evidence of a haunted house etc. I really like decorating and play the game frequently during the day. I'm Level 50 and wish Team Lava would add more levels. My Haunted House is Level 3 and expect to make Level 5 since I have been able to complete all the other quests for the last 2 years. I down load and play other Team Lava games just to earn gems for Castle Story since I don't buy gems, it drives my husband nuts because they pop up on his IPhone and computer also.

Still taking neighbor requests. Farmerbrown2010

shannonth
10-21-14, 01:29 PM
I've had two mermaid ponds since they first became available and I've never gotten any energy from either of them. And that's playing daily. That guy must be mistaken or I'm insanely unlucky.

Yes never got energy from mine either that think that was a misprint

shannonth
10-21-14, 01:30 PM
Yes! Cownt Dracula is mine!

Congrats

shambalaya
10-21-14, 01:31 PM
1738 candy corn, I feel I can relax a bit now and not put everything else on hold - I do need to go on a couple more fairyland adventures (sugar and silver!) and I want to restock my glimmer bits after finishing sinister sister, pheew!

shannonth
10-21-14, 01:41 PM
1738 candy corn, I feel I can relax a bit now and not put everything else on hold - I do need to go on a couple more fairyland adventures (sugar and silver!) and I want to restock my glimmer bits after finishing sinister sister, pheew!

I only have 1150 right now so I don't feel I can relax I tried to buy gems so I could, but took my money and no gems and the supports says it will take a week looks like i have to ask for a refund and just let what will be will be lol glad your ahead :)

CLOVERKAITO
10-21-14, 01:59 PM
Only 1150 here as well and I have 2 jack o lantern :(

shannonth
10-21-14, 02:06 PM
Only 1150 here as well and I have 2 jack o lantern :(

Yes me and I have two pumpkins as well :(

zenobia42
10-21-14, 02:13 PM
1 jack-o-lantern, 1135 candy corn.

pms3665
10-21-14, 02:14 PM
TL - loving the H'ween event....but could you give us a few bats/ghosts/candies to make up for the ones lost due to the outage?

QueenCarolyn
10-21-14, 02:29 PM
How's this? On Thursday, the characters say that this is taking too long. So they offer to help make the paper decorations to help out. Then we get to craft the ink and paper again. Wouldn't that be great?

zenobia42
10-21-14, 02:34 PM
How's this? On Thursday, the characters say that this is taking too long. So they offer to help make the paper decorations to help out. Then we get to craft the ink and paper again. Wouldn't that be great?

LOVE that idea!

meme1098
10-21-14, 02:46 PM
That's a good idea.

On another note I finally got a crate with my latest adventure. It had the scarecrow.
Bats catching up a little vs. ghosts... Now 22 ghosts vs. 15 bats. So still can't upgrade to level 4 yet. Ah....I guess I'll get there in time.

shannonth
10-21-14, 02:52 PM
Question that you may not be able to answer, how does one get a refund on a gem purchase that wasn't added. Support telling me could take up to a week for them to add them which is total BS and I'm just don't want to wait that long, so does one call the credit card company or I tunes? Does anyone know cause team lava just isn't being responsive

shannonth
10-21-14, 02:54 PM
That's a good idea.

On another note I finally got a crate with my latest adventure. It had the scarecrow.
Bats catching up a little vs. ghosts... Now 22 ghosts vs. 15 bats. So still can't upgrade to level 4 yet. Ah....I guess I'll get there in time.

Yes we sti have 13 days left, I'm pretty sure we will all get there now that I think about it lol

zenobia42
10-21-14, 02:54 PM
Question that you may not be able to answer, how does one get a refund on a gem purchase that wasn't added. Support telling me could take up to a week for them to add them which is total BS and I'm just don't want to wait that long, so does one call the credit card company or I tunes? Does anyone know cause team lava just isn't being responsive

Refunds for goods purchased but not received can be gotten through itunes support. Just be sure to tell them you already tried the game maker's support and got no help. And include your receipt number.

Queenzod
10-21-14, 02:56 PM
I did some basic math, took the current community total and divided that by my current total, and came up with a bit over 92,000 active players. I usually play regularly, but wasn't able to this last weekend, so I'm hoping my numbers may be close to average. If I'm on the high side, then there may be well over 100,000 active players currently.

I think that's close to what we came up with at the last event. I like to see consistency in our made up numbers, lol!

shannonth
10-21-14, 02:57 PM
Refunds for goods purchased but not received can be gotten through itunes support. Just be sure to tell them you already tried the game maker's support and got no help. And include your receipt number.

Thank you! I'm just not going to wait a week for my gems you know lol! It's happen before but they added it before the end of the day, this time to many tickets open and it could take up to a week to get to mine is just BS lol thank I will contact I tunes when I get home.

gilachaya
10-21-14, 03:07 PM
For my third collection of Cownt Dracula I received 2 hot peppers and one milk.

vontalken
10-21-14, 03:22 PM
That's a good idea.

ooooohhhh I got the envy .. ( yes i'm serious ) I haven't gotten a crate yet and I really want them both. This is like the Plume hive adventure. I want that camp fire item!!!.

BriarAvenue
10-21-14, 03:25 PM
I waited 3 hours to restart my adventure today,
So now I hv 6 am, 2 pm n 10 pm, 3 adventures per day which don't affect my sleep.
Previously I did one during the night and of course affects the quality of my sleep.

For those who can't finish 3 per day, maybe try this schedule.

CLOVERKAITO
10-21-14, 03:32 PM
I don't know if it's a counter problem or something, but some of the candy corns I just collected did NOT add to my counter! Anyone got this issue?

I just collected from Thomas's house and the Haunted Hall, which dropped 2 and 3 respectively, and then collected from kitchen, which should give me 5 candy corns, and then harvested a bunch of corns (around 20) and none of the harvested candy corns added to the counter as well since my counter was stuck at 1150! Then I went to visit a neighbour, came back, harvested 11 more corns and only sadly 1 candy corn dropped from it. That 1 corn added to the counter so it says I have 1151. But the previous ones didn't! What gives, TL?????? I don't mind difficult goals, but they need to work properly! I don't have work today so I can spend more time playing, but it's frustrating when I'm dedicating a day-off to play and it's not working right!

mrglymph
10-21-14, 03:44 PM
I think I'm admitting my addiction. Just got the level 3 haunted house. 1600 on candy corns. No jack o lanterns, no Alicorns, no wizard schools. Luckily I do have the shards so I can get extra energy while harvesting

vontalken
10-21-14, 04:06 PM
I don't know if it's a counter problem or something, but some of the candy corns I just collected did NOT add to my counter! Anyone got this issue?

I just collected from Thomas's house and the Haunted Hall, which dropped 2 and 3 respectively, and then collected from kitchen, which should give me 5 candy corns, and then harvested a bunch of corns (around 20) and none of the harvested candy corns added to the counter as well since my counter was stuck at 1150! Then I went to visit a neighbour, came back, harvested 11 more corns and only sadly 1 candy corn dropped from it. That 1 corn added to the counter so it says I have 1151. But the previous ones didn't! What gives, TL?????? I don't mind difficult goals, but they need to work properly! I don't have work today so I can spend more time playing, but it's frustrating when I'm dedicating a day-off to play and it's not working right!

Just to make sure. The counter changes when the items pop out of the building and not when they zip off screen. So if you have 1000 and you click on Thomas' house, the house goes dark grey, your ruler runs over, the candy pop out and right then it updates your candy counter not later. Then you click on the items and they fly off screen and you get the green text telling you how many there were.

QueenCarolyn
10-21-14, 04:15 PM
I waited 3 hours to restart my adventure today,
So now I hv 6 am, 2 pm n 10 pm, 3 adventures per day which don't affect my sleep.
Previously I did one during the night and of course affects the quality of my sleep.

For those who can't finish 3 per day, maybe try this schedule.

Before you go to sleep, if the adventure isn't finished, look to see how many gems it would take to complete. It may be worthwhile to speed it up with a few gems and get to the next adventure.

CLOVERKAITO
10-21-14, 04:19 PM
^Yes vontalken, I'm aware of that. I have been playing over 1.5 years and am level 50. My candy corn counter was 1150 two hours ago (when I posted about having 1150 candy corns) and it stayed 1150 after I tapped all those things I mentioned, even after visiting a neighbour (which in theory syncs the game with the TL server). So in other words nothing added to my counter between my previous logon and the sync. So from now on I'm going to logon, go visit a neighbour first to ensure the game is synced, THEN collect stuff.

shannonth
10-21-14, 04:23 PM
You know I was thinkking it was me, but I to have noticed that as well, I'm keeping a closer eye on mine as well because I felt for sure I would be at my third prize and I am still not and I know I should have been by now I still have more to collect :( so I would keep an eye on this.

^Yes vontalken, I'm aware of that. I have been playing over 1.5 years and am level 50. My candy corn counter was 1150 two hours ago (when I posted about having 1150 candy corns) and it stayed 1150 after I tapped all those things I mentioned, even after visiting a neighbour (which in theory syncs the game with the TL server). So in other words nothing added to my counter between my previous logon and the sync. So from now on I'm going to logon, go visit a neighbour first to ensure the game is synced, THEN collect stuff.

belbar22
10-21-14, 04:25 PM
That happened to me at the start of the last event. It seemed to correct itself after a few clicks.

vontalken
10-21-14, 05:45 PM

ok :) I remember this being a common thing in the pyre festival and it took me a few .. dozen.. or more :( .. collections to figure it out.

CLOVERKAITO
10-21-14, 05:58 PM
^ Yeah, thanks for trying to offer help, though :o I just hope I can get the last individual prize like last time too, since for the pyre festival I could speed up the pyre tent and each time it dropped 20 or so sun stones, so it only took me around 40 gems to speed things up on the last day (because I value my sleep/work over some gems). This time though there isn't any building worthwhile to skip with gems since the haunted house would only drop 5 candy corns even with level 5, and the character buildings only drop a couple...

Valexiana
10-21-14, 06:27 PM
You know I was thinkking it was me, but I to have noticed that as well, I'm keeping a closer eye on mine as well because I felt for sure I would be at my third prize and I am still not and I know I should have been by now I still have more to collect :( so I would keep an eye on this.

I was noticing that myself which was why I came to the forum. I wondered if there was a bug or glitch this evening.

sail147
10-21-14, 06:57 PM
I had the same problems a couple of weeks again and was not able to purchase more gems even if I had wanted to. I kept trying to force close and everything else that was recommended until one day I got up and my gems had updated. Keep faith it should correct itself

shannonth
10-21-14, 06:59 PM
Yes I'm thinking it is because it was right on track the last two days but today I have noticed it! Just made my third reward and the counter on community is at 85 seem slow as well to me hopefully they fit it and give us what we are missing. I want to complete the rewards not have energy crate at the end like they did last time but the game seem to have a lot of glitches today even when buying gems and no one has responded to any of the glitch on the forum which hopefully mean they are fixing the problems.

I was noticing that myself which was why I came to the forum. I wondered if there was a bug or glitch this evening.

shannonth
10-21-14, 07:06 PM
I had the same problems a couple of weeks again and was not able to purchase more gems even if I had wanted to. I kept trying to force close and everything else that was recommended until one day I got up and my gems had updated. Keep faith it should correct itself

Today I bought them but they did NOT add look at my iTunes it shows I bought them , so I sent a ticket I got a auto response saying they have a lot of tickets and it could take up to a WEEK for them to get to mine if I don't have them by morning I requesting a refund this is not the first time this has happen to me but always responses and gave me gem by the end of the day. I'm not waiting a week for something I already paid for that should have been there rights away. I'm actually upset about having to wait a week for them. It a game, but it is money too so I'm just not going to do this to myself again. I'm not buying gems anymore to much trouble it seems when your waiting aweek for something on a game, you know.... It's upsetting but hey you know it just saved me the money.... I'm thinking positive. I just won't spend the money anymore

ghjvcucjb
10-21-14, 08:10 PM

Yes, it happened earlier this afternoon to me, but seems to be ok now.

BriarAvenue
10-21-14, 08:29 PM
It happened to me long time ago when my collection was not recorded.
I was playing using WIFI in public area.
One of the TL said maybe the WIFI signal wasn't strong enough.
What seemed ok for me was in fact not sent n received by the server.

But that's for the usual game, not sure if it applies to the counter as well.

zenobia42
10-21-14, 08:34 PM
I hope we don't continue to lose candies!!!

SpiritWind00
10-21-14, 10:06 PM
I just got the cownt. Super exciting! Can't stay, corn harvesting awaits.

Let me know if there are any other reports of the counter not working. Since reading the above few posts I've been carefully monitoring my candy drops and the counter works as it should. As stated before, the counter goes up when candy corn appears, not when it disappears. Good luck! :)

cloudsail
10-21-14, 10:25 PM
What special boxes have people gotten from the adventure? I got a hayride and a scarecrow so far, are there more?

ghjvcucjb
10-21-14, 11:10 PM
SNOT! For some reason I thought sugar cane only took 2 hours to mature and now I'm out and need to wait another hour and a half. So no more candy corn making for a while, maybe even not until tomorrow due to bed time soon. Snot snot snot. Keep an eye on your sugar levels everyone.

I'd like to add that I'm enjoying the pacing of this event. I've gotten into a mindless monotonous routine for the past year and this event has forced me to change things up and actually think about how I'm going to get things done in my kingdom. It's kicked my OCD in the butt. Thanks TL

JustKay
10-21-14, 11:19 PM
Aw, shucks! Seems like there are so many problems and TL haven't been responding. Their ears must be full of corn :p

They clearly haven't planned for this volume of activity and their systems aren't coping. I hope this gets fixed soon or many more people will be upset. Closer to the end of these events activity picks up as people start to take it more seriously and realise they're not going to hit the targets. We're currently only a third way through! Imagine what mayhem will ensue closer to the end!

Chaotarch
10-21-14, 11:36 PM
Mmmh, the only problem i have is the/my box-droprate from t&t adventure...only 1 scarecrow...done it over 20 times ( not really counting that ).
No candylost here and the ghost/bat droprate looks normal 97 to 96...

And cauldron drops red ink too.

newzealander
10-21-14, 11:54 PM
Wonderfully said!! I need to remember this more often....and on that note, since it's a gorgeous spring evening, I'm off for a walk along the waterfront.

dracoonic
10-22-14, 12:21 AM
I dont understand, assuming all the players got an 1.6k candy corn in average, the total community candy corns now is 165,952,974.

That means we got approximately 10 million castle story players around the world?

Queenzod
10-22-14, 12:27 AM
SNOT! For some reason I thought sugar cane only took 2 hours to mature and now I'm out and need to wait another hour and a half. So no more candy corn making for a while, maybe even not until tomorrow due to bed time soon. Snot snot snot. Keep an eye on your sugar levels everyone.

I'd like to add that I'm enjoying the pacing of this event. I've gotten into a mindless monotonous routine for the past year and this event has forced me to change things up and actually think about how I'm going to get things done in my kingdom. It's kicked my OCD in the butt. Thanks TL

Lol you crack me up! I have 25 plots that I keep sugar cane in, and 16 plots for corn. That seems to be a good balance for me. I've actually increased my sugar by making it when I'm not making candy corn, and I'm now maxed out. The corn grows so fast that you don't really need plots and plots of it - the energy allotment won't keep up with it. I'm currently at 2125 corn, so it looks like Bela the vampire cow will arrive tomorrow. I'm so excited!

All you down under and you kiwis now have the ball for our first group prize! Go, you! :)

ghjvcucjb
10-22-14, 12:40 AM
Lol you crack me up! I have 25 plots that I keep sugar cane in, and 16 plots for corn. That seems to be a good balance for me. I've actually increased my sugar by making it when I'm not making candy corn, and I'm now maxed out. The corn grows so fast that you don't really need plots and plots of it - the energy allotment won't keep up with it. I'm currently at 2125 corn, so it looks like Bela the vampire cow will arrive tomorrow. I'm so excited!

All you down under and you kiwis now have the ball for our first group prize! Go, you! :)
I have no idea what happened. I only have 26 plots with corn (my OCD won't allow me to have different crops in the same row and one of my rows is short one plot due to a plant overhang outside my kingdom that I can't chop down but hides my harvest arrows (yes, I apparently have issues)). Then two rows of glimmer bulbs so that every other day I can get an energy trade done. The rest are sugar cane, except over night when I convert everything to sugar cane. This morning I was maxed on sugar cane so wasn't paying attention and voile' was starting to run low, replanted but timed it for two hours. When I went to collect realized it was four hours!!! That's when I started typing SNOT!

jasren
10-22-14, 12:45 AM

That's where I am, in Oz. And I'm on about the same amount of candy corn as you. Funnily enough I do the same with constantly growing sugar plots, 2 lots alternating 16 every 2 hours and 15 ish the next 2 hours. And the rest of my plots are corn. Between making the corn I'm making sugar. Harvesting only event related items, and now beginning to forge more and more silver to keep the tiaras 10 or so at a time, as masks ect are at 14-15 ahead. I'll work out how many I need to do 3 per day when only a few days left, and only make enough masks, then use my energy on silver to have the exact amount of tiaras.

I too am pleased with change of pace this event brings about. I only have sister sister and fairy workshop, bridge to complete, so its a nice change. Sooooo hope we all get the spooky tree :)

EBJW
10-22-14, 01:40 AM
Mmmh, the only problem i have is the/my box-droprate from t&t adventure...only 1 scarecrow...done it over 20 times ( not really counting that ).
No candylost here and the ghost/bat droprate looks normal 97 to 96...

And cauldron drops red ink too.

I wish I had your bad luck regarding the boxes from the adventures:
send out every day 3x and got 0, zero, nada noppes boxes.... :(

shambalaya
10-22-14, 01:45 AM
I dont understand, assuming all the players got an 1.6k candy corn in average, the total community candy corns now is 165,952,974.

That means we got approximately 10 million castle story players around the world?

Your math is a little off ;)
165 million divided by 10 million players would be 16.5 corn per active player
1.6k average would give just over 100.000 active players, but I think the average is less than 1.6k candy corn collected so far, so that means more players!

PurpleScorpion76
10-22-14, 01:47 AM

Me too so far :(

shambalaya
10-22-14, 01:49 AM
Only 2 more bats and I can upgrade to level 4! Now why is my glimmerbat being so unhelpful and not dropping any paper mini-me's :confused:

PurpleScorpion76
10-22-14, 01:58 AM
I think we might get the first community prize today! Woop woop!

Chaotarch
10-22-14, 02:29 AM

you wish 1 box with a scarecrow?:confused:
lol, i have over 3800 candy, most of them till sunday evening with adventures i gemup...
i dont need this decostuff, for me it is important that i get boxes from darkcaves with r-animals:rolleyes:

mrsv99
10-22-14, 03:58 AM
Hmmmm . . . I just passed 1250 candies and I received the extra energy, bones, and a chandalier. I also saw the screen saying I was rewarded the prize for 1250, chose "view in storage" option, but was my prize isn't there! Yikes! Did anyone else have this problem? Do I need to wait awhile for the prize to appear in my storage? Thanks! :-)

goldielambo
10-22-14, 05:02 AM
Well we have had 6 of the 18 days, and looks like this is do-able! Community prizes should be achieved as more and more hit the 650 mark and start to contribute, not sure on the personal ones?

I have 1850 cones (I always say cones as I thought that's what they were - grew up surrounded by US bases and citizens), so should make the 4th prize (cow), no idea what the last prize is but not that bothered if I do not make it, as no doubt it is some sort of decoration that serves no purpose and I doubt i will have the space to display?

belbar22
10-22-14, 05:37 AM
Well we have had 6 of the 18 days, and looks like this is do-able! Community prizes should be achieved as more and more hit the 650 mark and start to contribute, not sure on the personal ones?

I have 1850 cones (I always say cones as I thought that's what they were - grew up surrounded by US bases and citizens), so should make the 4th prize (cow), no idea what the last prize is but not that bothered if I do not make it, as no doubt it is some sort of decoration that serves no purpose and I doubt i will have the space to display?

I am at 1950 and 1640 on both my accounts.

You will probably want the last individual prize as it drops all the things you get from the potion shop. That is the prize I want most which is why I am spending almost my whole life collecting corn and making candies.....I think I may need to go and see a therapist about my latest addiction. Also my family are really fed up cos if I am not at work or making/having dinner I am on my iPad and phone. Husband reckons it is definitely grounds for divorce.

craftfan
10-22-14, 05:39 AM
Me too so far :(

Me three so far!!!
Mind you I have more scarecrows in storage than anything else . How many does it take given there are no birdies flying round my queendom and my chickens are all very well behaved.

belbar22
10-22-14, 05:40 AM
Hmmmm . . . I just passed 1250 candies and I received the extra energy, bones, and a chandalier. I also saw the screen saying I was rewarded the prize for 1250, chose "view in storage" option, but was my prize isn't there! Yikes! Did anyone else have this problem? Do I need to wait awhile for the prize to appear in my storage? Thanks! :-)

The blocks and beams will have been added to the ones you already have and the only thing you should see that you didn't already have is the chandelier. There were no bones as far as I am aware. If you have no chandelier I would try reinstalling.

belbar22
10-22-14, 05:41 AM
Me three so far!!!
Mind you I have more scarecrows in storage than anything else . How many does it take given there are no birdies flying round my queendom and my chickens are all very well behaved.

I have had 1 scarecrow but nothing else. Really, really, really want a cart.

GaSaKaDa
10-22-14, 06:06 AM
Yippee yippee yippee, I've got the cownt, gave in and gemmed the last two bats for the HH upgrade, am far happier than I should be! We're almost there for the community prize too. Did I read that the next individual prize, the cauldron thing isn't amimated? Shame if up isnt since it's the last prize. I really want a hayride too, come on bonus boxes!

The troll vault has been a good source of silver for me, 2 per drop, much better than the jewellers that are very mean nowadays with silver and jewels, mostly only seem to get coins there, hope that helps

Also here's a photo of my secret weapon, Millie the aged incontinent dog who has helped me progress so quickly through the tasks with her nocturnal tiddling!

iLLUMI2012
10-22-14, 06:40 AM
The troll vault has been a good source of silver for me, 2 per drop, much better than the jewellers that are very mean nowadays with silver and jewels, mostly only seem to get coins there, hope that helps

I didn't think the Troll Vault dropped any metals/ores???
But thanks for letting us know. I'm struggling to get silver so will give that a go! ;)

Sabina's House gives me Candy Corn and the odd gem so I'm ok with gems. :) Right now I have 80+ gems and 10+ silver. :( A bit of an imbalance.