PDA

View Full Version : organizing neighbours

EBJW
10-16-14, 02:07 AM
P l e a s e change the neighbourlist!!

In this last caravan-quest I received dozens of requests, people wanted to become my neighbour. I really wanted to help, but I had to ignore most cause the list is driving me crazy!

In the weekend I had 274 neighbours. I communicate with a couple of dozens. When I want to contact neighbours I have to scroll through the list time and time again. Because everytime I return to the list after visiting/writing a message on a wall I have to start at the begining again. And scroll through again. It takes so much time and is so annoying....
Sometimes I can use my wall-list, but I have to scroll through there as well, and I don't communicate daily with some, so it isn't a good replacement.

This week I cleaned up my neighbourlist, as I do so once in a while. I could remove about 50 players who had become inactive without telling.
But still have 228 left now.

It would make my life so much easier, less stressful, and it would save me so much time if I could rearrange my neighbourlist in several sub-listst:

most important:
- a list of neighbours I communicate with
- a list of neighbours I have for asking/sending requests

also great:
- a list of neighbours who I think are inactive (it would be even better if the game itself could give an indication if a player is inactive for over lets say 3 months)

Until then I've decided to take a radical step: I'm gonna delete most of the neighbours I don't communicate with. I don't like it, I don't mind helping people out who use me only for asking requests (as I suspected at the beginning I've answered hundreds), but I can't keep up anymore with this list. Until we can organize the neighbourlist I will keep my list small from now on.

25turtlelover25
10-16-14, 04:10 AM
Two things I noticed while reading this. 1.) you say you have to scroll through your wall to visit neighbors. And after you visit you have to scroll down the list over and over. Why don't you just delete the wall posts on your wall after you visit each neighbor? That way you won't get lost and your wall won't clutter up. 2.) inactive neighbors. It's really easy to see who is inactive. An active player will have a 4❤️ (Heart) ranking. A mostly active play will have a 3❤️ (Heart) ranking. A semi-active neighbor will have a 2❤️ (Heart) ranking. A mostly inactive neighbor will have a 1❤️ (Heart) rank. And an inactive neighbor will have no (0❤️)(heart) ranking. The less you play the more hearts you lose. Example: I'm a 4❤️(Heart) player. I don't play for 1 week and my ranking goes down to 0❤️ (Heart). So asking the game to tell you when a neighbor is inactive is already implemented.

EBJW
10-16-14, 04:51 AM
Two things I noticed while reading this. 1.) you say you have to scroll through your wall to visit neighbors. And after you visit you have to scroll down the list over and over. Why don't you just delete the wall posts on your wall after you visit each neighbor? That way you won't get lost and your wall won't clutter up. 2.) inactive neighbors. It's really easy to see who is inactive. An active player will have a 4❤️ (Heart) ranking. A mostly active play will have a 3❤️ (Heart) ranking. A semi-active neighbor will have a 2❤️ (Heart) ranking. A mostly inactive neighbor will have a 1❤️ (Heart) rank. And an inactive neighbor will have no (0❤️)(heart) ranking. The less you play the more hearts you lose. Example: I'm a 4❤️(Heart) player. I don't play for 1 week and my ranking goes down to 0❤️ (Heart). So asking the game to tell you when a neighbor is inactive is already implemented.

Thanx for sharing your thoughts!

Sadly:
1) I don't want to delete the messages, cause sometimes I respond later, and I want to be able to read them again (I forget a lot or mix people up, so it helps me to read again)

2) over the past months we had discussions in this forum about how you can see if a player is active. It's not always clear! Someone can have a 3star ranking and 5 hearts when you visit, while he/she has be gone for months. Or someone can have a 1star ranking but visits a lot, just doesn't tip many hearts cause he/she and neighbour do 't need it (level 50). This and more has been said somewhere, sorry, don't have the time now to look it up. Have to clean up, now! (yes, my neighbourlist as well as my house IRL ;))

meme1098
10-16-14, 06:18 AM

As Zelda stated, heart rating is not a good indication of game play. I have many neighbors with a zero rating and they play everyday. I know because their windmills are always moving, crops are different, or they have rearranged things. They may never visit me or anyone else but they still play, gift and answer & send requests.

jimboser
10-16-14, 08:10 AM
The only time I visit neighbors is when I need one last bit of energy for something, and I never click on any hearts unless it's part of a quest.

Most of the neighbors in my list are level 50, and they don't need the extra taps.

birdlady1950
10-17-14, 09:03 AM
P l e a s e change the neighbourlist!!

In this last caravan-quest I received dozens of requests, people wanted to become my neighbour. I really wanted to help, but I had to ignore most cause the list is driving me crazy!

In the weekend I had 274 neighbours. I communicate with a couple of dozens. When I want to contact neighbours I have to scroll through the list time and time again. Because everytime I return to the list after visiting/writing a message on a wall I have to start at the begining again. And scroll through again. It takes so much time and is so annoying....
Sometimes I can use my wall-list, but I have to scroll through there as well, and I don't communicate daily with some, so it isn't a good replacement.

This week I cleaned up my neighbourlist, as I do so once in a while. I could remove about 50 players who had become inactive without telling.
But still have 228 left now.

It would make my life so much easier, less stressful, and it would save me so much time if I could rearrange my neighbourlist in several sub-listst:
most important:
- a list of neighbours I communicate with
- a list of neighbours I have for asking/sending requests

also great:
- a list of neighbours who I think are inactive (it would be even better if the game itself could give an indication if a player is inactive for over lets say 3 months)

Until then I've decided to take a radical step: I'm gonna delete most of the neighbours I don't communicate with. I don't like it, I don't mind helping people out who use me only for asking requests (as I suspected at the beginning I've answered hundreds), but I can't keep up anymore with this list. Until we can organize the neighbourlist I will keep my list small from now on.

I agree that the nbr list is exhausting when you return after your initial visit to your nbrs. I visit everyone on my list at one time, this takes about 2-3 hrs, list works fine, it progresses forward to next nbr to visit each time. However if I want to go back and visit nbrs again, i have to scroll thru the list repeatly,it is exhausting. And I cant go back until I have completed the entire list . A lot of nbrs have no hearts when I visit the first time, therefore I would like to visit again, but it takes a huge amount of time to repeatly have to scroll forward on the list to find the last nbr just visited. Sometimes, I just give up.

does anyone have a better way of visiting nbs, and repeat visits other than writing down every nbr you want to go back to.

Queenzod
10-17-14, 11:48 AM
I agree that the nbr list is exhausting when you return after your initial visit to your nbrs. I visit everyone on my list at one time, this takes about 2-3 hrs, list works fine, it progresses forward to next nbr to visit each time. However if I want to go back and visit nbrs again, i have to scroll thru the list repeatly,it is exhausting. And I cant go back until I have completed the entire list . A lot of nbrs have no hearts when I visit the first time, therefore I would like to visit again, but it takes a huge amount of time to repeatly have to scroll forward on the list to find the last nbr just visited. Sometimes, I just give up.

does anyone have a better way of visiting nbs, and repeat visits other than writing down every nbr you want to go back to.

The only way I have found around this is to keep your neighbor list small. I have about 55 neighbors and that makes the scrollable problem a lot easier to deal with. After you visit them, they go to the end of the list, leaving the unvisited neighbors in alpha order at the top. With less neighbors, it only takes 10-15 minutes to visit them all. I get plenty of returns on my requests and I can keep a 4 heart rating. I know it's not helpful for people who like a lot of neighbors, but it does keep it more workable. Until TL fixes the neighbor problem, you either have to put up with it or pare your list.

EBJW
10-18-14, 12:12 AM
I did it! I made the drastic decision, took my neighbour-list and deleted many many neighbours.... And explained them why...
I really hated it! And I do hope so we'll be able to manage the list like we want to in future.

Until then I'll keep my list way under 100!
I've done it a couple of days ago, and I'm so relieved! So much better to handle...

dor7
10-24-14, 10:34 AM

Very good idea Zelda!:cool: