PDA

View Full Version : Game Not Loading After v1.3 Update

charj59
10-14-14, 09:25 AM
Just did the new update, now the new app won't even load it opens the loading screen and then crashes.

New update:

Elsa;982207']If you aren't able to update your OS to 6.0 or higher, unfortunately, you currently are not able to get into the game. This will require a version update and we are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

It won't take a month. I can't offer a definitive date, but not that long for sure. :)

CD0815
10-14-14, 09:33 AM
I have the same problem.. hope it will be fixed soon.

cocauina
10-14-14, 09:40 AM
To me the game is working like before I update

BlueCanary
10-14-14, 12:57 PM
Mine does the same thing, opens the loading screen then crashes. Have deleted and reinstalled, force quit and turned my iphone on and off. Completely unplayable.

greywagtail
10-14-14, 01:02 PM
Mine does the same thing too. Opens the loading screen and then crashes. Hope they can get it fixed quickly

my607
10-14-14, 02:04 PM
My game is fine.

TheBoulder2
10-14-14, 02:12 PM
New update won't make it past splash screen, iPad, iOS 5.1.1. Did all standard actions for resolution.

zenobia42
10-14-14, 02:24 PM
I have an old (2nd generation) iPad and it works fine. I am up-to-date on my iOS software, though (8.0.2)... could old operating software be the reason it's crashing for some?

If you are crashing and want to reload your old game, I believe you can do so by deleting it, then connecting to your computer and loading the last saved game from your computer to your iDevice.

cocauina
10-14-14, 03:03 PM
I have an old (2nd generation) iPad and it works fine. I am up-to-date on my iOS software, though (8.0.2)... could old operating software be the reason it's crashing for some?

If you are crashing and want to reload your old game, I believe you can do so by deleting it, then connecting to your computer and loading the last saved game from your computer to your iDevice.

Old operation software it's not the reason, I'm still on IOS 6 and it works fine, but my Iphone is from the last generation

[S8] Elsa
10-14-14, 04:48 PM
This currently happens if you are below iOS6. If you are able to update your OS, we recommend updating your OS to resolve this. We're working on resolving this for players who are unable to update their OS in a future update.

Pippinville
10-14-14, 05:38 PM
Just did the new update, now the new app won't even load it opens the loading screen and then crashes.

Same problem here, maybe we need to update our devices to ios 8??

[S8] Elsa
10-14-14, 05:48 PM
Same problem here, maybe we need to update our devices to ios 8??

You don't need to be on iOS8. Updating to 6.0 or above will resolve the issue if you are able to update your OS.

TheBoulder2
10-14-14, 06:28 PM
first gen iPads can't update past iOS 5.1.1 as far as I know. The app is spec'd for 5.0+ in iTunes. Is this no longer true?

BlueCanary
10-15-14, 10:32 AM
Any news on a fix for this? Other than upgrading which I can't do at the moment. I remember DS had a similar problem a while back and it seemed to be a nice quick fix.

quasifacetious
10-15-14, 10:32 AM
Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen
Version: 5.1.1 (9B206)
Problem: Game will not load after updating game to v1.3 (update was done yesterday, 10/14/14). When trying to open the game the loading screen pops up for 4-5 seconds, then closes and returns to the screen with all the app icons. I've tried force quitting the program, as well as shutting the device off and turning it back on, as well as deleting and reinstalling the game.

[S8] Elsa
10-15-14, 11:03 AM
If you aren't able to update your OS to 6.0 or higher, unfortunately, you currently are not able to get into the game. This will require a version update and we are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

It doesn't. This is an issue that Elsa said they're looking into fixing in a future update. I was just wondering if that meant that it was being looked into now, or if it would be worth deleting and revisiting the game in a month or so, since while it is a fun, cute game, it does take up valuable space for those of us who have rickety old phones ;)
It won't take a month. I can't offer a definitive date, but not that long for sure. :)

BlueCanary
10-15-14, 11:31 AM
Elsa;982207']If you aren't able to update your OS to 6.0 or higher, unfortunately, you currently are not able to get into the game. This will require a version update and we are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Awesome and thank you :)

troubletz
10-15-14, 02:07 PM
That's great that it won't take a month, but can't you offer the previous version so we can still play in the mean time? Now wishing I would not have updated at all, at least I could still get in! ��

kooky panda
10-15-14, 02:19 PM
That's great that it won't take a month, but can't you offer the previous version so we can still play in the mean time? Now wishing I would not have updated at all, at least I could still get in! ��

What you can do, delete the game. Then go to iTunes and under updates look at the top and you will "purchased" hit that and scroll down until your find the previous version click open or the cloud to redownload that version.

angela3737
10-15-14, 02:43 PM
What you can do, delete the game. Then go to iTunes and under updates look at the top and you will "purchased" hit that and scroll down until your find the previous version click open or the cloud to redownload that version.

Sadly this doesn't work on my iPad ,first generation..when I scroll.,it only show the latest 10/14/14, not the previous one . Wierd..I wonder if that's becuase it was an update and not a different holiday version - isee my old xmas.vday etc types of other game versions.. I should have done a backup on my computer....lessonlearned :)

kooky panda
10-15-14, 02:49 PM
Sadly this doesn't work on my iPad ,first generation..when I scroll.,it only show the latest 10/14/14, not the previous one . Wierd..I wonder if that's becuase it was an update and not a different holiday version - isee my old xmas.vday etc types of other game versions.. I should have done a backup on my computer....lessonlearned :)
Oh I am sorry, I forgot that the Ipad 1 does not have icloud on the device. :(

BlueCanary
10-15-14, 04:10 PM
I just wish I had tossed a breeding in the den! I had a 17 hour one sitting ready on the nest, but I was waiting until the update in case we got something cool and new. I couldn't get the old one either, I have a bunch of old DS versions, but just one FS.

VioletBlueIvy
10-15-14, 04:58 PM
Yes, me too! I should learn by now to get everything done before updating..

troubletz
10-15-14, 06:01 PM
Oh I am sorry, I forgot that the Ipad 1 does not have icloud on the device. :(

Nope, has iCloud, that's not the issue, I could always pull from my backup on my computer, but that's a bigger battle with the person on that computer...lol Either I have to be an earlier bird tomorrow or it's a late night tonight. To play or to sleep, think I'll sleep.

sukyee
10-16-14, 04:17 PM
I have an old iphone3GS with IOS5.0.1, after update to the latest version with world event... Not able to open fantasy forest story anymore... Help

My storm8ID in the old iphone3GS device: wongsy82

[S8] Elsa
10-16-14, 04:24 PM
This is a known issue and will require a version update. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

passinthru8
10-16-14, 04:30 PM
I have an old iphone3GS with IOS5.0.1, after update to the latest version with world event... Not able to open fantasy forest story anymore... Help

My storm8ID in the old iphone3GS device: wongsy82

My device is an Apple iPad 5.1, I am also unable to open after update. I have tried forced close, uninstall and reinstalled. My device has 9G available. I finally bred an Emerald Dragon this week. It is evolving (probably finished). I am really disappointed!! Is there anything that can be done? My storm ID is passinthru8. I would love to continue playing. The App said it is compatible with Version 5 and up.

passinthru8
10-16-14, 04:33 PM
Elsa;983102']This is a known issue and will require a version update. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Will we have additional time to complete the world Event??

mybaby1977
10-16-14, 08:15 PM
Elsa;981705']You don't need to be on iOS8. Updating to 6.0 or above will resolve the issue if you are able to update your OS.
Be very careful with this. We took this exact advice and after the upgrade to IOS7 (sorry, not on iPad1), the game loads and works fine but the IOS upgrade erased all of the game's progress and our StormID. Now we are waiting for support to fix this for us (because a password was never set on our other Storm8 ID) and that historically has taken a very long time to get a response. Bad timing for such bad luck because Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest both have World Events and we're sitting here losing many precious hours.

[S8] Elsa
10-17-14, 11:23 AM
Be very careful with this. We took this exact advice and after the upgrade to IOS7 (sorry, not on iPad1), the game loads and works fine but the IOS upgrade erased all of the game's progress and our StormID. Now we are waiting for support to fix this for us (because a password was never set on our other Storm8 ID) and that historically has taken a very long time to get a response. Bad timing for such bad luck because Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest both have World Events and we're sitting here losing many precious hours.

If you already have a password, you can recover your account using the login feature. Please note that upgrading your OS shouldn't boot off your game, but if this does happen, you can email support for help. We recommend setting up a password before you update your OS just in case. :)

Can you message me your ticket number?

mybaby1977
10-17-14, 12:03 PM
Thanks Elsa, message sent. Lesson learned, it may not happen to everyone upgrading IOS but definitely set up a password and know your StormID (not your town, kingdom, forest, land name) before you upgrade.

BlueCanary
10-17-14, 12:09 PM
I hate to bother, but is there any chance the update that fixes the loading issue will be out today? And if not, will it be out before the event is over, or is it something thats easier to put a bandage on when there's not an event in place?

BlueCanary
10-18-14, 08:20 AM
Okay, I was able to upgrade my phone, but it reset all of my games. I have my ID and Password but I have no idea where to enter them, opening the games just starts off all of the starter quests, and I can only find a spot to set up a new ID.

BlueCanary
10-18-14, 08:53 AM
Got help from another member :) The ability to switch IDs should be a feature in all of the games, or at the very least how to do it should be added to the ingame FAQ.

passinthru8
10-20-14, 07:33 AM
Is there an update yet to fix the crashing problem? I just reinstalled game and still can't open??

[S8] Elsa
10-20-14, 10:57 AM
If you're able to update your OS to 6.0 or higher, this will allow you to open the game. We're working on a fix for players on OS 5.0 as soon as possible.

elvos85
10-21-14, 05:29 AM
TL is it possible to extend the event time? We confirm don't have enough time for the event...

eagleeye1186
10-23-14, 11:23 AM
Have there been any fixes? My game still hasn't loaded since the update! I have deleted, and reinstalled.

[S8] Elsa
10-23-14, 11:32 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience! We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. Since this is a version update, it'll need to go through an approval process first so we're just waiting on that. We hope to have this fix out for you soon.

[S8] Elsa
10-23-14, 06:03 PM
If you were affected by this issue, please update your game to the new version: 1.3.1. You should be able to play now. Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!

elvos85
10-26-14, 05:46 AM
TL we dont have enough time for the prize... Is it possible to extend the event? It's not fair for us who affected by the issue..