PDA

View Full Version : Earning coins as lower level player

DrP4ever
10-15-14, 01:12 AM
I have recently started playing and I can't figure out how to earn more coins. I have figured out that you can earn a few from visitng neighbors, dragons earn more as they progress to higher levels, traveling on quests is a possible but sometimes I don't earn as much as I have spent, neighbors playing with your dragons and finishing quests. But I just don't have enough to accomplish much. Food is expensive, chopping down items to clear land is expensive (50,000 for a tree!) and of course buying eggs, habitats, enlarging habitats etc.

I would appreciate any insight. And yes I have checked the game guides but many of the links are dead and don't take you to where you want, tried searching, etc and nothing is coming up. I need coins desperately to accomplish anything or I will just move on to other games. Seriously nuts how much it costs to,just clear a patch of land so you can put your habitat there! And to upgrade etc if I can only get a few thousand coins a day.

DrP4ever
10-15-14, 01:16 AM
I'm currently at level 16 if that helps answer my question.

Anaboe
10-15-14, 09:44 AM
Too bad you're lvl 16 already, if you're below lvl 10, you can make athletic dragon pretty easily, and that would have given you enough silver.

The Silver-economy in this game is, to my fair opinion, slightly unbalanced: when you're low level, you need silver badly but don't make a lot, when you're high level, you don't need silver at all, and make lots of it. I'm level 150 and have almost 1.000.000 silver and don't bother to collect most of the time.

There isn't an easy way to make silver, sorry.

What you can do: is buy as much habitats as you can, almost as much as you have dragons: better to have 3 dragons in 3 habitats, than 3 in 1. Always put dragons in the habitat that can hold the most silver. I've made a progam that calculates how to devide the dragons over my habitats, so that it makes as much silver, in as little time as possible, so that you won't have a situation with one habitat being full all the time (and thus not making any silver) and another habitat not full at all.

Don't spend it recklessly on expanding, only expand if necessary.

Only level those dragons that give a high income: it's better to have 4 lvl 6 dragons, dan 1 lvl 10.

To take part in the World Tournament, only plant 20-hour crops - it's a very cheap way to participate in the Community Goals, and gives you 2 dragons!

The only thing to make silver quick: collect as many times as you can, and keep your game balanced.

freshfunin2008
10-15-14, 09:49 AM
All I remember is that I breed dragons that would earn a lot of coin and I collected it 6 or 7 times a day. I only evolved the dragons that would make a lot of coin. But there will be a time when you have 100,000,000 coins and wonder what am I going to do with all of those coins. It just takes time.

amerirish
10-15-14, 10:08 AM
All I remember is that I breed dragons that would earn a lot of coin and I collected it 6 or 7 times a day. I only evolved the dragons that would make a lot of coin. But there will be a time when you have 100,000,000 coins and wonder what am I going to do with all of those coins. It just takes time.

I couldn't possibly agree more. It was soooo hard to gather coins in the beginning. I used to sometimes just sit and hit collect every 10 seconds or so rather than waiting for the "collect" sign. Now I have roughly 48 million and that's after I just blew a bunch of coins in the Arctic Isles just because 'why not'. Which if you play on ios will be a help to you after you reach level 35.

When you breed in the Arctic isles, it still costs 200 coins but when you sell the egg you get 1,000 for a profit of 800. Good luck and hang in there. It will get easier :)

kooky panda
10-15-14, 10:23 AM
Check this thread :

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43317-STARTING-PLAYERS-How-to-get-Rich&p=501680&viewfull=1#post501680

It has some good information and tips!