PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat World Event 10/14/14

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

zenobia42
10-14-14, 06:03 PM
First Fantasy Forest Story World Event!
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16013&d=1413335901 http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16045&d=1413415057
This event will end 21d:00h:57m from when this post was made.

Individual Prizes
25 pumpkins - Cauldron (1x1 decoration). The cauldron drops 4 pumpkins every 4 hours.
500 pumpkins - Werewolf (rare earth / nature). Incubation 13:00, evolutions 8:00.

1,000 pumpkins - Pumpkin Patch - does this drop pumpkins like the cauldron? I hope so.
2,200 pumpkins - Vampire Cat (super rare earth / fire). Incubation time 16:00, evolution times 13:00.
3,300 pumpkins - Skeletal Dragon (super rare earth / fire). Incubation time 17:00, evolution times 12:00.

Community Prizes - You will receive ALL community prizes earned by the community if you yourself collect at least 600 pumpkins. But please keep going after you get your 600 because it's usually down to the wire on the last day that these get completed and huge levels of participation are required buy all to help achieve the final goal.
80,000,000 pumpkins - Tree of Doom
210,000,000 pumpkins - Haunted Hollow habitat (holds up to 4 earth and/or fire animals. Coins capped at 30,000. Build time 16:00) NOTE: YES - this is the case - even though historically in the other TL game with near identical mechanics, DS, it is the case that habitats won as event prizes simply get placed, NO build time, for us, they have decided not only to make it not zero, but sixteen friggen hours. Sigh.
??? pumpkins - Yak-O-Lantern (super rare earth / fire. 15:00 incubation, 12:00 evolution)

If you have 6 large / grand farms with food planted 20 hours a day, and collect from the cauldron you earn as the first prize 3 times a day, and have something incubating in the nest 18 hours a day, that is 150 pumpkins per day and 3,3300 pumpkins for the event. If we get an arena during the event, that's more. If you win pumpkins in the mine, more as well. This is doable for anyone online a few times a day, if timed well. And the community prizes require LOTS of people participating so please help the community effort if you can. Go, team, go!

To see images of the animals, click "Show" below:

Werewolf:http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/werewolf_zps2381f897.jpg
Vampire Cat:http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/vampire-cat_wtih_egg_zps7e3838ce.jpg
Skeletal Dragon:http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16059&d=1413469237
Yak-o-Lantern:http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16060&d=1413469514
Haunted Hollow Habitat:http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16046&d=1413418982

my607
10-14-14, 06:07 PM
What do we do to find the pumpkins? Confusing with no dorections

MelodicStars
10-14-14, 06:10 PM
What do we do to find the pumpkins? Confusing with no dorections
Same. It doesn't tell you how to get the pumpkins :(

zenobia42
10-14-14, 06:11 PM
No it does not. I have been harvesting power pears and hoping a pumpkin will pop out with my pears but so far no luck.

kooky panda
10-14-14, 06:12 PM
I got 5 pumpkins from harvesting a 5 hour crop.
I believe you will need to harvest long hour crops. Your pumpkins will match the time it takes to harvest.

bluefoxcrystal
10-14-14, 06:13 PM
I got pumpkins from crops (guessing it's one per hour of crops grown ie: 1hr crop yields one pumpkin, 5hr crop yields 5 pumpkins when harvested :) )

GreasedLightening
10-14-14, 06:14 PM
Same here. The message and icon popped up when I was planting food. But all I got was a pear.

zenobia42
10-14-14, 06:15 PM
Just got 2 pumpkins from the mine. Will post pic in a minute. Gotta finish this minig trip lol.

kooky panda
10-14-14, 06:16 PM
I got 2 pumpkins from mining.

SHINeeFan23
10-14-14, 06:21 PM
You earn the pumpkins by harvesting plants, Hatching animals from the nest, Digging in mines, Battling in the tournament & buying a cauldron(which you get 1 free for 25 pumpkins). Also daylight savings is on Nov. 2

my607
10-14-14, 06:26 PM
I have to wait till morning to find out because I just planted the apples. I wished next time the directions would be clear so we know what to do.

my607
10-14-14, 06:29 PM
You earn the pumpkins by harvesting plants, Hatching animals from the nest, Digging in mines, Battling in the tournament & buying a cauldron(which you get 1 free for 25 pumpkins). Also daylight savings is on Nov. 2

No battles to battle. So everything except for that. I wonder how many pumpkins for hatching an animal?

xellosspoo
10-14-14, 06:29 PM
This event is distinctly unfair for higher level users. I have no battles available, the rate of bombs dropped is low for the breeding time (for 15 hours breed time, I got 2 bombs). I just used all my bombs to get the 42 stones needed for an expansion, so its not like I had a stock of them. I did use my 2 last recent bombs. And you only get pumpkins SOME of the time from mining. Out of the 3 hits I got, only one of them had 2 pumpkins with it.

So basically the only way for me to get pumpkins without buying anyt***g is farming and hatching from the nest. And to even participate in the group items I need 600 pumpkins. Impossible.

seekerbears
10-14-14, 06:30 PM
There has to be a fast way to collect pumpkins if you want all the prizes if someone knows a way please reply to me! I want to collect them all so far I'm harvesting a variety of crops that all take different hours to grow and I have an egg in the nest

Hawksmoor
10-14-14, 06:30 PM
Once you open the pumpkin that's on your screen, select the letter I for information (which is to the right of where it tells you how many days are left) and it'll tell you how to find pumpkins. In addition to some apples, I also got 2 pumpkins in the mine. I'm in a waiting pattern for everything else, lol. Good luck all!

cocauina
10-14-14, 06:31 PM
(...)

Community Prizes
spooky tree of some sort??? - 600 pumpkins
???
???

More details to follow as we find them out!

The first community prize will not be unlocked with only 600 pumpinks x)

hushkat
10-14-14, 06:32 PM
Click on the little "i" next to the time count down and it tells you how to get pumpkins. Hatching from nest, harvesting crops, mining, placing the cauldron, and battling will earn you pumpkins. Your crops need to be at least one hour long. Good Luck!

Ratisorn
10-14-14, 06:34 PM
Start! Go go.
http://www.uppic.org/image-0938_543DCEFC.jpg (http://www.uppic.org/share-0938_543DCEFC.html)

Individual Prizes
1.Cauldron - 25 pumpkins
2.Werewolf - 500 pumpkins

seekerbears
10-14-14, 06:36 PM
Start! Go go.
http://www.uppic.org/image-0938_543DCEFC.jpg (http://www.uppic.org/share-0938_543DCEFC.html)

How did you get so many so fast?

SHINeeFan23
10-14-14, 06:37 PM
There has to be a fast way to collect pumpkins if you want all the prizes if someone knows a way please reply to me! I want to collect them all so far I'm harvesting a variety of crops that all take different hours to grow and I have an egg in the nest

This is the same as dragon story. Everyone says to use 20 hours to plant as im guessing either you get 20 pumpkins for every farm you have. I stick to the 5 hours which of course gives 5 & I wish I knew before they did this so I can upgrade my farms as I only have 2 farms with the 20 hour ones.

kooky panda
10-14-14, 06:37 PM
No battles to battle. So everything except for that. I wonder how many pumpkins for hatching an animal?
I got 16 pumpkins when I hatched a thunder hawk ( takes 16 hours on nest) .

my607
10-14-14, 06:38 PM

They used gems or all apples just finished

kooky panda
This is the same as dragon story. Everyone says to use 20 hours to plant as im guessing either you get 20 pumpkins for every farm you have. I stick to the 5 hours which of course gives 5 & I wish I knew before they did this so I can upgrade my farms as I only have 2 farms with the 20 hour ones.
For Dragon I would plant 5 hour crops all day, then before bed plant 8 hour crops.

my607
I got 16 pumpkins when I hatched a thunder hawk ( takes 16 hours on nest) .

That's great my rampage is 13hrs so 13 pumpkins in morning

seekerbears
10-14-14, 06:40 PM

So to clarify if you happen to have 6 farms and you planted a 20 hour crop you get 20 pumpkins for however many farms you have so since I have 6 farms you would take 20x6 and that's the amount of pumpkins you would get? Or just 20 for that one harvest

seekerbears
10-14-14, 06:44 PM
For Dragon I would plant 5 hour crops all day, then before bed plant 8 hour crops.

Pretty good idea

SHINeeFan23
So to clarify if you happen to have 6 farms and you planted a 20 hour crop you get 20 pumpkins for however many farms you have so since I have 6 farms you would take 20x6 and that's the amount of pumpkins you would get? Or just 20 for that one harvest

If you get 20 for 20 hours then yes you will get 20 pumpkins for each farm that you have. I never used it so I'm just guessing here.

cocauina

The update had a small info saying that we would had a world event soon, when I saw that info I upgraded my farms, I had 1 grand farm, 2 big farms and 3 farms. :)

Ratisorn

complete breed and get fruit from farm,you will receive a pumpkin

SHINeeFan23
10-14-14, 06:46 PM
The update had a small info saying that we would had a world event soon, when I saw that info I upgraded my farms, I had 1 grand farm, 2 big farms and 3 farms. :)

I should had done the same. How long does it take to upgrade them?

zenobia42
10-14-14, 06:47 PM
This event is distinctly unfair for higher level users. I have no battles available, the rate of bombs dropped is low for the breeding time (for 15 hours breed time, I got 2 bombs). I just used all my bombs to get the 42 stones needed for an expansion, so its not like I had a stock of them. I did use my 2 last recent bombs. And you only get pumpkins SOME of the time from mining. Out of the 3 hits I got, only one of them had 2 pumpkins with it.

So basically the only way for me to get pumpkins without buying anyt***g is farming and hatching from the nest. And to even participate in the group items I need 600 pumpkins. Impossible.

Same here. I have no battles. Anyone who is newer to the game probably has like 100 battles they can fight. Or more. Even if TL opens up a new stage of the battlegrounds before the event is over, that just means we have access to what 40 battles? While those who already had over 100 battles lined up get 140!

Also, it would have been REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY nice if, since they made the times to evolve animals now completely absurd, if we could at least get a pumpkin per hour in the flower as well. Getting credit for everything BUT evolving is kinda rubbing salt in that still-fresh wound.

Also, it kinda sucks that I spent bombs to get the last few runes for an expansion this afternoon, figuring that if something were going to happen today, it would have happened at the usual hour. I would have TOTALLY held onto those bombs had they given ANY indication they'd start an event 6-7 hours late compared to their usual release time. Especially since it's very possible to go mining and come up with ZERO pumpkins as I did my second mining attempt this evening.

ninasidstorm8
10-14-14, 06:47 PM

That is correct. You receive 1 pumpkin for each hour of time it took to grow the crop.

finnth12
10-14-14, 06:50 PM

I updated it but didn't read about the event, if I known I would've upgraded my farms also. And I harvested already before the event has started, lol. Lesson learned. So, next time we'll be prepared.

cocauina
10-14-14, 06:51 PM
I should had done the same. How long does it take to upgrade them?

2hrs to grand and 1h to big :)

bubz94
10-14-14, 06:53 PM
Aw this is ace :D finally an event in FS :) at least they gave a habitat:) ID : bubz94

🎃👻🎃

bubz94
10-14-14, 06:57 PM
I'm only on Lvl 27 and have all my battles completed :( no pumpkins for me from battles. Hope they bring out a new animal to battle for while this event is on :) fingers crossed. Best of luck everyone :)

Storm ID : bubz94

cocauina
10-14-14, 06:59 PM
I'm only on Lvl 27 and have all my battles completed :( no pumpkins for me from battles. Hope they bring out a new animal to battle for while this event is on :) fingers crossed. Best of luck everyone :)

Storm ID : bubz94

Normally on DS TL stars a tournament, so I hope they start an tournament also

SHINeeFan23
10-14-14, 07:03 PM
Normally on DS TL stars a tournament, so I hope they star ah tournament

I'm sure they will. DS just had theirs a few days ago.

2hrs to grand and 1h to big :)

Huh not to bad. Might upgrade them tonight and just do the 20hr ones later

ninasidstorm8
10-14-14, 07:03 PM
One piece of advice to everyone is to use a shorter grow time on your farm until you get the first 25 pumpkins to win the cauldron. Once you win the cauldron, take it out of storage an place it in your forest. Every four hours you can tap on it to get 4 pumpkins. It should display some kind of icon above it when it is has something to collect (probably a coin).

cocauina
10-14-14, 07:04 PM
This event is distinctly unfair for higher level users. I have no battles available, (...)

We don't receive pumpkins from the battlegroungs, only from tournaments, battlegrounds it's not a tournament because it doesn't have any limited time, and the tournaments from the the arena have.

The battlegrounds are unlocked at level 5, The Arena is unlocked at level 17, like it says in the description from the world event "Battling in Tournaments (level 17+)"

zenobia42
10-14-14, 07:05 PM
One piece of advice to everyone is to use a shorter grow time on your farm until you get the first 25 pumpkins to win the cauldron. Once you win the cauldron, take it out of storage an place it in your forest. Every four hours you can tap on it to get 4 pumpkins. It should display some kind of icon above it when it is has something to collect (probably a coin).

ooh, that's great, thanks for the tip!!!

my607
10-14-14, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the great info. If you didn't say that some people might just leave it in storage . :)

SHINeeFan23
10-14-14, 07:23 PM
That is correct. You receive 1 pumpkin for each hour of time it took to grow the crop.

I'm guessing the same is for the eggs too?

FigmentValley
10-14-14, 07:26 PM
I have no battles available, no coins to use my mining runes (1 million needed for the next expansion). So..... Yup. It's planting and hatching for me. Sigh. I was all set to enjoy this. TL pretty much has the world event figured in DS, so I hadhigh hopes that they could organize this one such that it was possible.

Perhaps they will come out with something beyond the terrior in the interim between tournaments.......

Then all I would have to do is come up with the coins for outrageously expensive expansions so I could mine. If I spend on the mines, I have none for crops..... Sigh.

roguebee
10-14-14, 07:30 PM
So I would assume it is the same as in DS, if I have some dead time on my nest, I could buy Rock Rhinos, hatch them for 2 pumpkins, repeat as necessary?

seekerbears
10-14-14, 07:32 PM
I sure hope I get 600 pumpkins before time is out I just need a quicky way to get lots of pumpkins

kittkat114
10-14-14, 07:47 PM
No it does not. I have been harvesting power pears and hoping a pumpkin will pop out with my pears but so far no luck.

I got a bunch of pumpkins from the 3 minute pears. It normally works out to more per hour than doing the other ones (which are only ever 1 item per hour), when you have the time to plant constantly.

my607
10-14-14, 07:58 PM
I got a bunch of pumpkins from the 3 minute pears. It normally works out to more per hour than doing the other ones (which are only ever 1 item per hour), when you have the time to plant constantly.

That's not fair. How come I did the power pears I didn't get pumpkins? All I got was apples. I don't understand that.

seekerbears
10-14-14, 07:59 PM
That's not fair. How come I did the power pears I didn't get pumpkins? All I got was apples. I don't understand that.

Nether do I. Thought it was 1 per hour

ninasidstorm8
10-14-14, 08:02 PM

I have received pumpkins harvesting Power Pears. I haven't kept good track but it appears that you get a pumpkin for every 20 times you harvest the power pears. 20 * 3 minutes would be an hour or one pumpkin.

my607
10-14-14, 08:07 PM
I have received pumpkins harvesting Power Pears. I haven't kept good track but it appears that you get a pumpkin for every 20 times you harvest the power pears. 20 * 3 minutes would be an hour or one pumpkin.

Oh ok I was like what's going on here.

Drachenia
10-14-14, 08:09 PM
Hello ! When growing food the 26,000 coins expensive, you get one collecting pumpkins. In 8 hours fodder you get 8 collecting pumpkins. I 'm already over LVL 40 and can no longer fight in the battlefield . But the longer the time for growing food , the more you get pumpkins collection .

zenobia42
10-14-14, 08:11 PM
Normally, overnight, I have my grand farms grow nexus nuts. But during this event, I'll be planting only mangoes overnight. So as not to lose any potential pumpkins at the end of my sleep. :)

And it's GREAT that we can get a pumpkins from pears! I must have not planted enough to get one before giving up.

pribakes
10-14-14, 08:23 PM
I didnt got the event, and Im level 22, I force close the app but didnt show up, any ideas why? Thanks

ninasidstorm8
10-14-14, 08:26 PM
I didnt got the event, and Im level 22, I force close the app but didnt show up, any ideas why? Thanks

Did you install the update that came out yesterday? I believe you need to have the update installed to access the event.

pribakes
10-14-14, 08:30 PM
Did you install the update that came out yesterday? I believe you need to have the update installed to access the event.

I just update, thanks :)

Drachenia
10-14-14, 08:31 PM

Hello Pribakes you need Fantasy Forest Story 1.3
Good luck

cocauina
10-14-14, 08:31 PM

Yes, he/she needs to update the game :)

Ratisorn
10-14-14, 09:17 PM
Help you get pumpkin
http://www.uppic.org/image-7130_543DF4C9.jpg (http://www.uppic.org/share-7130_543DF4C9.html)
http://www.uppic.org/image-1B3A_543DF3B7.jpg (http://www.uppic.org/share-1B3A_543DF3B7.html)

flowless
10-14-14, 09:20 PM
When hatching an animal does it matter the rarity
Or it's the duration that's matter ?

And when planting equal time expensive 5 hours or cheap food on farms
Is there a difference ?

55lee55
10-14-14, 09:33 PM
Pumpkins are hidden in the mines as well. I just found 10 (2@5xPumpkins). Don't forget to mine when you collect explosives. It is so easy to lose explosives with the 15/15 limit. Again, Pumpkins are not guaranteed when mining, but they are hidden along with the food and money.

As soon as you get the cauldron place it in your Forest and collect from it.

It seems to me this is a fairly lengthy event so those of us hilg level players who have no battles in front of us probably should not throw up our hands yet. Let this go on in the background, and be aware of it so you collect maximum Pumpkins, but be on the lookout for the nornal updates, new animals, battles, and maybe even new expansions. I haven't been playing that long, but it seems from what I see happening in the other Story Games that have world events, the updates continue, but along with and maybe in the same theme but the normal operations of the game don't stop while you collect whatever items, in this case pumpkins. It appears that animals are prizes at least once when you get past the cauldron prize. This already puts this event ahead of the CS event that all prizes were decora ions and most of mine are in storage. We seem to be ahead already so kick back and play normally, maybe changing your normal play to maximize Pumpkin collection, but at this point I see no need to stress because the time limit is quite long. I am hoping some of the later prizes are animals as well along with the Community prizes. It is hard to tell with just the outlines, but as others move ahead, we will see more of what we are collecting Haloween squash for. I would avoid giving up before this gets started. You can always give it up later if you don't get something from participating. I don't know how but I am already approaching triple digit on my Pumpkin count already, mostly from mining I suspect :D

seekerbears
10-14-14, 10:15 PM
Pumpkins are hidden in the mines as well. I just found 10 (2@5xPumpkins). Don't forget to mine when you collect explosives. It is so easy to lose explosives with the 15/15 limit. Again, Pumpkins are not guaranteed when mining, but they are hidden along with the food and money.

As soon as you get the cauldron place it in your Forest and collect from it.

It seems to me this is a fairly lengthy event so those of us hilg level players who have no battles in front of us probably should not throw up our hands yet. Let this go on in the background, and be aware of it so you collect maximum Pumpkins, but be on the lookout for the nornal updates, new animals, battles, and maybe even new expansions. I haven't been playing that long, but it seems from what I see happening in the other Story Games that have world events, the updates continue, but along with and maybe in the same theme but the normal operations of the game don't stop while you collect whatever items, in this case pumpkins. It appears that animals are prizes at least once when you get past the cauldron prize. This already puts this event ahead of the CS event that all prizes were decora ions and most of mine are in storage. We seem to be ahead already so kick back and play normally, maybe changing your normal play to maximize Pumpkin collection, but at this point I see no need to stress because the time limit is quite long. I am hoping some of the later prizes are animals as well along with the Community prizes. It is hard to tell with just the outlines, but as others move ahead, we will see more of what we are collecting Haloween squash for. I would avoid giving up before this gets started. You can always give it up later if you don't get something from participating. I don't know how but I am already approaching triple digit on my Pumpkin count already, mostly from mining I suspect :D

When your mining and you find a pumpkin how many do you typically get?

SANDSCApe
10-14-14, 10:30 PM
OMG! My Satyr Sanctuary has been offline for about 9 hours. Over 12 hours since I touched Forest Gump. What have you folks been up to? Collecting pumpkins? Update? I've gotta get caught up! So exciting.
After dragging my feet on the Terrorier circuit, I finished it up about 11 hours ago, I think. Ah well. There should be a new Battleground region on Friday Oct 24, I think, so we will get another 80 battles. But if pumpkins are available from tournaments and not the regular Battlegrounds, then it shouldn't matter if players have no regular battles to fight.
Well, I guess I'd better go do my update and start collecting.

sweetypies97
10-14-14, 10:31 PM
Seekerbears, you usually get two and they are with runes.

I wish I hadn't used 10 bombs earlier today before I knew about this!

SANDSCApe
10-14-14, 11:02 PM
I just collected coins from the big forest (seems everything was maxed) and game is updating now. Wish it would hurry up so I can empty my farms & nest and see what I get. Only 4 bombs in storage, but the ready pair in the Garden did 17 hours, so hopefully I'll get 3 more.
Can't wait to check in on my other forest.

BXVV
10-14-14, 11:05 PM
Pumpkin Patch
Vampire Cat (2200 pumpkins)

Community Prizes
1) Tree of Doom (80,000,000)

BXVV
10-14-14, 11:07 PM
CORRECTION

INDIVIDUAL PRIZE:
1) Cauldron
2) Werewolf
3) Pumpkin Patch
4) Vampire Cat (2200 pumpkins)
5) ?

Community Prizes

BXVV
10-14-14, 11:10 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16013&d=1413335901
http://www.uppic.org/image-0938_543DCEFC.jpg
It appears it will last last 21d:00h:57m this post. In other words, it will end on Nov 4th at 9PM Eastern... unless the Daylight Savings time change happens somewhere during these 3 weeks.

Collect pumpkins to win individual prizes and contribute to the whole participating community winning community prizes. If the [/]community[/i] gathers 600 pumpkins, it unlocks the first community prize.

Individual Prizes
Cauldron - 25 pumpkins
Werewolf - 500 pumpkins
???
???
???

Community Prizes
spooky tree of some sort??? - 600 pumpkins
???
???

More details to follow as we find them out!

INDIVIDUAL PRIZE:
1) Cauldron
2) Werewolf
3) Pumpkin Patch
4) Vampire Cat (2200 pumpkins)
5) ?

Community Prizes
2) ?
3) ?

seekerbears
10-14-14, 11:17 PM
I think we will have plenty of time! I did a few multiplications and if you were to grow 118 pumpkins a day you would result in 2,478 pumpkins by the end (not saying you will grow that amount every time) but you just have to balance it out I hope I get the community prize I'm also mainly just looking fat wars to the animals

SANDSCApe
10-14-14, 11:22 PM
Satyr Sanctuary:
Neat! 4 Grands had dates; 2 minis had bananas; Hatched a Shock Fox; nested a Koala Cadabra (Bah! Wanted Sea Drake) and got 3 bombs.
So 22 pumpkins from farms & 12 from nest: 34 to kick things off and my cauldron is sitting right by the Tree of Life so I won't miss out on collecting from it.
Nest: 5 pumpkins (Sold eggs DO earn pumpkins!)
Total: 22 pumpkins (no cauldron yet)
Didn't mine. Maxed on runes but no money for expansion.
Nest: 14 pumpkins
Mine: 8 pumpkins
Total: 26 pumpkins. Cauldron placed.

sweetypies97
10-14-14, 11:38 PM
How often are pumpkins rewarded in battles? I just won 4 battles and got none ...

seekerbears
10-14-14, 11:43 PM
How often are pumpkins rewarded in battles? I just won 4 battles and got none ...

I don't think pumpkins are awarded from the actual battlegrounds I think just from the battle tournaments (nightmare, owl bear) or maybe every when you complete a battleground

sweetypies97
10-14-14, 11:57 PM
Ah thanks.

infinitelove19
10-15-14, 12:39 AM

Why do they release an update with an event that starts the same day. I only just found out about this. They should really put an in game notification about an event and the need to update to access said event.

Do we also have more battle ground levels to go with this?
If that is one of the ways to earn pumpkins, it would be nice if we had the option....

infinitelove19
10-15-14, 12:40 AM
I don't think pumpkins are awarded from the actual battlegrounds I think just from the battle tournaments (nightmare, owl bear) or maybe every when you complete a battleground

So do we get a tournament to go with this world event?
....I wonder.

flowless
10-15-14, 12:49 AM
Ok I would ask again

Thnx for anyone who would answer

Do rarity make a difference when it comes to earring pumpkins
Super rare 7 hours vs common 7 hours
Is it the same ?

Do planting expensive crops for 5 hours
Vs cheap crops 5 hours
Give same amount of pumpkins

infinitelove19
10-15-14, 01:10 AM
Ok I would ask again

Is it the same ?

Vs cheap crops 5 hours

My best guess, from experience on Dragon Story where we have similar events is that it is only the time that matters. 5 hours is 5 hours, no matter the food grown or animal bred and should give the same amount of pumpkins.

Perhaps when Kooky Panda is back online she can give a more definitive answer. ��

I do wish for the foods that we had a longer option than 8 hours. Any chance we can get another food growing option, TL? Pretty please? ((((Edit: Never mind. I forgot about the 20 hour prune pears. These can be reallt handy for an event like this. You wind up growing less food overall (than the high yielding charm cherries and nexus nuts) BUT the 20 continuous hours of growth gets more pumpkins overall.)))). ��

b864mer5
10-15-14, 01:31 AM
My best guess, from experience on Dragon Story where we have similar events is that it is only the time that matters. 5 hours is 5 hours, no matter the food grown or animal bred and should give the same amount of pumpkins.

Perhaps when Kooky Panda is back online she can give a more definitive answer. ��

I do wish for the foods that we had a longer option than 8 hours. Any chance we can get another food growing option, TL? Pretty please?

Yes, 5 hours is 5 hours (5 pumpkins). I have tried this on my game :). You can see my guide on THIS PAGE (http://guide4gamers.com/fantasy-forest-story-pumpkin-farming-guide-on-trick-or-treat-event-teamlava1/).

@infinitelove19. There is 20 hours food option :) (on big farm)

Hope this helps :).

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 01:48 AM
It's just an idea but since it's meant to be a community event don't you think we should get random pumpkins from visiting neighbours??? Just an idea...��������������

infinitelove19
10-15-14, 01:57 AM
It's just an idea but since it's meant to be a community event don't you think we should get random pumpkins from visiting neighbours??? Just an idea...��������������

I think this is a great idea. I can't see them awarding one every time, but once every few would be nice.

1Peter1Pan1
10-15-14, 02:02 AM
the small pumpkin above cauldron is lovely :)
Thanks for this event.

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 02:12 AM
I think this is a great idea. I can't see them awarding one every time, but once every few would be nice.

Well i like the idea it gets neighbours visiting each other ... Boosts our money... And they get a pumpkin for it ...watch everyone get full stars lol

Kooky could you pass on this idea to TL pplleeaassee

ArcadiaTofu
10-15-14, 02:42 AM
Hopefully the last prize isn't above 2,000 pumpkins because after calculations, it would be pretty hard for the average user to get 2,000 pumpkins in 20 days alone.

My calculations are thus: If a user manages to achieve 100 pumpkins per day (from breeding/mining/planting/battlegrounds/cauldron) then after 20 days they'll end up with 2,000 pumpkins (only IF they play the game with crazy-obsessiveness to reach that 100 pumpkin a day limit).

However, if the prizes require users to have more than 2,000 pumpkins total after 20 days, then the only way I can see that the player can recoup that lack in pumpkins is to spend gems for higher-level prizes (which I hope to god isn't another gem trap).

I'd really, really like to see the list of what the prizes are as well as how many pumpkins are needed to attain ALL prizes. I can understand TL keeping the prizes 'secret' to stir the users up and excite them, but not listing exactly how many pumpkins are needed to achieve every prize makes me skeptical if anyone (except the few that are willing to spend a mountain of gems) can ever attain the last prize goals in 20 days alone...

What do you guys think? :\

SANDSCApe
10-15-14, 02:47 AM
A complete break-down of the pumpkin collections on three forests.

Satyr Sanctuary (Level 40)
Total: 3435 Pumpkins
Cauldron=320
Farms= 2515
Nest=414
Mine=106
Tournament=80

Forest Gump (Level 27)
Total: 3383 Pumpkins
Cauldron=296
Farms=2450
Nest=413
Mine=144
Tournament=80

Vash-Naroom (Level 22)
Total: 3362 Pumpkins
Cauldron=312
Farms=2413
Nest=399
Mine=124
Tournament=70
Other=44
An extra 44 pumpkins were accidentally purchased when the Event progress screen popped up while crops were being harvested.

These are CUMULATIVE totals recorded at or near the end of each 24-hour period. So the totals above are pumpkins collected as of the last day, with about an hour remaining in the World Event.

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 03:16 AM
Ok another question were is wolf gonna live? Are we getting a Halloween Isle??

SANDSCApe
10-15-14, 03:16 AM
Hopefully the last prize isn't above 2,000 pumpkins because after calculations, it would be pretty hard for the average user to get 2,000 pumpkins in 20 days alone.

My calculations are thus: If a user manages to achieve 100 pumpkins per day (from breeding/mining/planting/battlegrounds/cauldron) then after 20 days they'll end up with 2,000 pumpkins (only IF they play the game with crazy-obsessiveness to reach that 100 pumpkin a day limit).

However, if the prizes require users to have more than 2,000 pumpkins total after 20 days, then the only way I can see that the player can recoup that lack in pumpkins is to spend gems for higher-level prizes (which I hope to god isn't another gem trap).

I'd really, really like to see the list of what the prizes are as well as how many pumpkins are needed to attain ALL prizes. I can understand TL keeping the prizes 'secret' to stir the users up and excite them, but not listing exactly how many pumpkins are needed to achieve every prize makes me skeptical if anyone (except the few that are willing to spend a mountain of gems) can ever attain the last prize goals in 20 days alone...

A player can gain over 160 pumpkins by logging in just twice a day.
Farms=120
Nest=24
Mine=10
Cauldron=8
Tournament: not counting this, since it's only available for a few days once or twice per month.

I'm not sure how obsessively one needs to play for 200 daily pumpkins. But 100 per day? You can get that in just ONE login a day, easily; no obsession. During tournaments (when we tend to play obsessively anyway) pumpkin collections will be even higher. I can easily see the last individual prize requiring 3000 pumpkins or more.

World Events are game-drivers, no doubt about it. The goal is to get players logging in frequently and poking at those buttons every chance they get. The developer uses player volume to market their games.

Gem trap? I think we generally reserve that term for features of the game that make us accidentally spend gems. This is more of a lure. When it comes to prizes for tournaments and other special event, players will always have to decide how badly they want that item or animal.

The number of pumpkins needed for each prize is stated whenever that is the NEXT prize to unlock. There will always be some speedy player/s who will post all the requirements and prize pictures here on the forum within the first couple days. So soon we'll all know.

Don't worry. Have fun! So what if you don't win all the prizes? We didn't have ANY of this up to yesterday!

SANDSCApe
10-15-14, 03:30 AM

Who says Wolf has a new element? The prize animals may be hybrids of the existent elements. Throw him in the slammer or cast some creature from your forest if you're full, I guess.

The silhouette of the second community prize DOES sort of resemble a habitat though.

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 03:47 AM
Who says Wolf has a new element? The prize animals may be hybrids of the existent elements. Throw him in the slammer or cast some creature from your forest if you're full, I guess.

I'm not saying wolfs a new element I'm just saying would be great to have an individual "Halloween" habitat

I have plenty of room for a few more habitats as I've already expanded to the limit and I don't carry double animals as its a waist of space just got the 63 full album��

Sandscape I think I have you on my friends list

bluefoxcrystal
10-15-14, 05:11 AM

The second community prize is a habitat :)

As well as the 3rd individual prize is a pumpkin decoration.

GDude118
10-15-14, 05:15 AM

Just a guess but, you don't play dragon story do you? If you have 6 big farms you can get at minimum 120 a day by logging on just one time by planting 20 hr rune prunes. That's not adding the pumpkins from breeding, mining, battling, and any other way.

Love that teamlava is bringing world events to fantasy forest!!!

bluefoxcrystal
10-15-14, 05:19 AM

It is possible :) the first day doesn't really count, you can get 120 pumpkins a day through crop growing alone... Provided you plant the 20 hr crops in 6 farms... Plus at least 12-24 pumpkins on your nest and li'l extras through mining and cauldron ^^ don't get discouraged! :D we can do it!! No extra craziness added! Lol!

FigmentValley
10-15-14, 05:45 AM
I am stuck by the lack of coin. I cannot mine more until I expand. I cannot expand because the 1 million coin price of an expansion is beyond my means. So the mines are forced to sit unused.

Perhaps we should be allowed to continue to mine, collecting pumpkins even if we collect nothing else when maxed...

Edit: aaaaaandnow I must admit my error. I can mine for pumpkins and food without using the runes I have. I don't know if I was so foolish as to have missed this or it changed, but, I was wrong. Sorry.

Yea!

ArcadiaTofu
10-15-14, 06:07 AM
Just a guess but, you don't play dragon story do you? If you have 6 big farms you can get at minimum 120 a day by logging on just one time by planting 20 hr rune prunes. That's not adding the pumpkins from breeding, mining, battling, and any other way.

Love that teamlava is bringing world events to fantasy forest!!!

You're right: I don't really play Dragon Story (except doing the FFS 'quest' in a bid to get gems) and the little I've played of it is not really that interesting to me, to be honest. (I much prefer FFS and the relative lack of... dragons).

That being said, I specified the 'average user' of FFS (not hardcore users or ones that have many big/grand farms in their forests to keep up a steady stream of food, and a somewhat-steady stream of coins to pay for 8-hour/20-hour farming). I have two Grand farms and four small farms to conserve space since I've yet to clear out much of the second ice shelf and I'd rather have more habitats to make money than spend it excessively for farming. Most average users haven't even cleared out much of the first ice shelf and already suffer from a lack of space (let alone much income), so them getting 100 pumpkins a day on average is a rough estimate that might be slightly accurate considering those limitations.

For myself, so far I've gained around 90 pumpkins and I started collecting them around 7 hours ago with nothing but Charm Cherries, Bananas and Power Pears. When I go to bed, chances are I'll plant Mangos on my two Grand Farms, but my four small farms will only be able to churn out 1-hour Bananas (which will make me lose quite a few pumpkins, but with my space and currency limitations, I'll just have to deal with it).

While I (and many other advanced users) may be able to get close to the 200-pumpkin-a-day mark, the average users that only have small farms or a few big/grand farms will only be able to get close to the 100-pumpkin-a-day mark from farming/mining/breeding/cauldron/etc. So, really, in the end, if the requirements for the top tier prizes are over 2,000 pumpkins, more average users will have trouble reaching that goal :(

The math would be similar to this (for a user that checks back 10x a day, and forgive me for simplifying things):

1 user plants 1-hour bananas on six small farms 10x a day = 60 pumpkins
1 user acquires 16 pumpkins from a 16-hour breeding = 16 pumpkins
1 user mines 4 pumpkins from newly dropped mines from 16-hour breeding = 4 pumpkins
1 user collects 12 pumpkins from cauldron after three visits = 12 pumpkins
1 user collects 10(?) pumpkins from battlegrounds = 10 pumpkins

Estimated Total = 92 pumpkins

... which would be somewhat close to around 100 a day, give or take depending on how often a user checks back to collect. This, of course, is based on users that have only small farms or maybe even have one big/grand farm and the advantage of being able to check back every hour or so to plant new crops. Either way, users with many big/grand farms have more of an advantage, just like users with more ultras have an advantage (currency-wise) over users with only a few supers have.

Or am I wrong? I'm just assuming that the average user only comes on a few times per day to breed/farm/collect coins and that most of them don't have many big/grand farms to collect many pumpkins when they go to bed/spend hours away from the game. I just hope most users can make the goals if they lack the funds/space to get more pumpkins than 'power users' can :( Otherwise, I'd definitely feel bad for them.

SANDSCApe
10-15-14, 06:18 AM
I am stuck by the lack of coin. I cannot mine more until I expand. I cannot expand because the 1 million coin price of an expansion is beyond my means. So the mines are forced to sit unused.

Perhaps we should be allowed to continue to mine, collecting pumpkins even if we collect nothing else when maxed...

Edit: aaaaaandnow I must admit my error. I can mine for pumpkins and food without using the runes I have. I don't know if I was so foolish as to have missed this or it changed, but, I was wrong. Sorry.

Yea!

This was always the case. If you were maxed on runes, you could always opt to mine for food & coins alone; the mine just won't give you the additional runes you find.
Also, it has always been a good move to spend down a few bombs at the mine to avoid maxing out on bombs. That way, you get more bombs from breeding instead of having them evaporate into thin air. My Forest Gump (Level 22 forest) hasn't mined for pumpkins either because it's in the same situation. But once the bomb count gets to 13 or so, it will be time to spend down some bombs until I pull together a million coins over there.

momofgiants
10-15-14, 06:22 AM
Watch out! I just lost all of my pumpkins from last night. Still have the cauldron but my pumpkin count is 0. Take pictures! Seeing if it will reset in a few hours if not sending note. I did take a picture now. Just glad it happened when I had 40 vs having 400!

SANDSCApe
10-15-14, 06:39 AM
You're right: I don't really play Dragon Story (except doing the FFS 'quest' in a bid to get gems) and the little I've played of it is not really that interesting to me, to be honest. (I much prefer FFS and the relative lack of... dragons).

That being said, I specified the 'average user' of FFS (not hardcore users or ones that have many big/grand farms in their forests to keep up a steady stream of food, and a somewhat-steady stream of coins to pay for 8-hour/20-hour farming). I have two Grand farms and four small farms to conserve space since I've yet to clear out much of the second ice shelf and I'd rather have more habitats to make money than spend it excessively for farming. Most average users haven't even cleared out much of the first ice shelf and already suffer from a lack of space (let alone much income), so them getting 100 pumpkins a day on average is a rough estimate that might be slightly accurate considering those limitations.

For myself, so far I've gained around 90 pumpkins and I started collecting them around 7 hours ago with nothing but Charm Cherries, Bananas and Power Pears. When I go to bed, chances are I'll plant Mangos on my two Grand Farms, but my four small farms will only be able to churn out 1-hour Bananas (which will make me lose quite a few pumpkins, but with my space and currency limitations, I'll just have to deal with it).

While I (and many other advanced users) may be able to get close to the 200-pumpkin-a-day mark, the average users that only have small farms or a few big/grand farms will only be able to get close to the 100-pumpkin-a-day mark from farming/mining/breeding/cauldron/etc. So, really, in the end, if the requirements for the top tier prizes are over 2,000 pumpkins, more average users will have trouble reaching that goal :(

The math would be similar to this (for a user that checks back 10x a day, and forgive me for simplifying things):

1 user mines 4 pumpkins from newly dropped mines from 16-hour breeding = 4 pumpkins

... which would be somewhat close to around 100 a day, give or take depending on how often a user checks back to collect. This, of course, is based on users that have only small farms or maybe even have one big/grand farm and the advantage of being able to check back every hour or so to plant new crops. Either way, users with many big/grand farms have more of an advantage, just like users with more ultras have an advantage (currency-wise) over users with only a few supers have.

Or am I wrong? I'm just assuming that the average user only comes on a few times per day to breed/farm/collect coins and that most of them don't have many big/grand farms to collect many pumpkins when they go to bed/spend hours away from the game. I just hope most users can make the goals if they lack the funds/space to get more pumpkins than 'power users' can :( Otherwise, I'd definitely feel bad for them.

Just as every forest cannot successfully finish a tournament, every forest will not be able to earn ALL the individual prizes in a World Event. In any time-limited contest, how far you get in a given amount of time will depend upon what you have in your arsenal and how persistently you choose to pursue the course.

But unlike the Arena Tournaments that have only one prize that matters, the World Event has many prizes. The smaller, poorer forests will likely not win ALL of them, but they will win some. It is usually set up so that the little guys can get the prize habitat, a decoration and one or two animals at least.

In this Trick Or Treat event, they will certainly get the Werewolf if they make even a minimal effort, and once they reach 600 pumpkins, they will get the SAME community prizes that everyone else gets. The community prizes are a SHARED effort. Either we ALL win that great big bull at the end, or NONE of us do. This is why we encourage each other. This is the beauty of community events.

tramba
10-15-14, 06:43 AM
i don't understand what it means by community prizes ? does that mean if all your neighbours collect all the pumpkins then all of you get the prize ? :s

seekerbears
10-15-14, 06:48 AM
I have 3 big farms and 3 medium and I was thinking I could do my 3 big farms 20 hr crops and my 3 medium 5 hr throughout the day but an 8 hr before I go to bed is that a good idea or no

cquinn32
10-15-14, 06:51 AM
i don't understand what it means by community prizes ? does that mean if all your neighbours collect all the pumpkins then all of you get the prize ? :s

Once you collect 600 pumpkins the first community prize will unlock to show a number (usually in the millions) and once the community hits that number everyone who has collected at least 600 pumpkins will win that prize. Hope that makes sense.
Good luck!!

SANDSCApe
10-15-14, 07:04 AM
I have 3 big farms and 3 medium and I was thinking I could do my 3 big farms 20 hr crops and my 3 medium 5 hr throughout the day but an 8 hr before I go to bed is that a good idea or no

Assuming you have the coins for any size & length of harvest, pick the crop that suits your current schedule. My bedtime crops are 5 hours because I seldom sleep longer than that. But a very busy day may keep me offline for 8 hours or more, in which case, I will plant mangoes. If I know for sure I'll be awake and free in 20 hours (I ask myself if 4 hours ago would have been okay), then the long crop saves me the hassle of checking in as often.

The longer your crop, the less time you're likely to lose between harvests. Vary it to suit yourself. Not much flexibility with minis, and grands are not absolutely necessary. But biggies are the real pumpkin machines. They offer the most options as far as time.

(What you're calling big and medium are what the game calls grand and big, I think.)

ninasidstorm8
10-15-14, 07:05 AM

That seems like a reasonable strategy. The goal is to keep the farms busy. What you want to do is harvest the crops soon after they are ready and plant a new crop right away. Choose the timing that best fits your schedule to harvest the crops when they are completed.

cocauina
10-15-14, 07:15 AM
zenobia42

If you want to add more info to the first post of this world event, use this :)

Individual Prizes
Cauldron - 25 pumpkins
Werewolf - 500 pumpkins
Pumpkin Patch - ??? pumpkins
Vampire Cat - 2,200 pumpkins
???

Community Prizes
Tree of Doom - 80,000,000 pumpkins
???
???

seekerbears
10-15-14, 07:22 AM
So I'm assuming for most people the first few days will be collecting until you get the 500 mark then you get that prize and since the community prize is 600 you might need a day or so for that. Then it kinda spreds out from there to those willing to continue and those who are not

MelodicStars
10-15-14, 07:34 AM
This is my first "world event" ever in TL games and I was wondering if people had successfully completed it before the end date. (In Dragon Story and Castle Story, I've heard of them having past world events) also, is it like you have to either choose the individual reward path or the community reward path but never at the same time? Or does it allow you to count the pumpkins for both reward paths at the same time? I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions, but I'm so anxious to get all the animals and prizes before the time runs out.

kittkat114
10-15-14, 07:35 AM

Your math isn't wrong, but your logic is. Keep your farms going constantly, so that's 6 farms, 24hrs (6x24 = 144 pumpkins per day from farms alone. With that, you can break 3000 EASILY in the 21 days they allotted (144x21 = 3024). Then you keep breeding constantly. When there isn't someone in your nest, if you have a few hours and the coins to do it, throw in a Rock Rhino (2hrs/pumpkins) or Frostfang (4hrs). These are tricks we picked up in DS. They usually only give us 2 weeks for these- not three- and I still normally get close to 3000 items without really trying, between breeding and farming.

If time is an issue, just plant the 20 hr plants. Those still give you a good yield of pumpkins.

kittkat114
10-15-14, 07:38 AM

I don't know how it works- I definitely got more than 1/ 20 pears though. In DS I usually do the same with the 10 minute cherries and it also works out better. Some crops get nothing, some get a bunch. It's all about playing the odds.

kooky panda
10-15-14, 07:39 AM
Ok I would ask again

Is it the same ?

Vs cheap crops 5 hours

The rarity of the creature should not be factor.
You should get 5 pumpkins for both of the 5 hour crops.
I plant the cheaper ones and I am getting 5 pumpkins per farm.

tuffyjkitten
10-15-14, 07:43 AM
This is my first "world event" ever in TL games and I was wondering if people had successfully completed it before the end date. (In Dragon Story and Castle Story, I've heard of them having past world events) also, is it like you have to either choose the individual reward path or the community reward path but never at the same time? Or does it allow you to count the pumpkins for both reward paths at the same time? I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions, but I'm so anxious to get all the animals and prizes before the time runs out.

Welcome to world events...they are fun! On DS I've participated in 5 or 6 now and I did the recent one on CS. I got to the 4th individual prize on CS and have either finished with 4 or all 5 individual prizes each time on DS. It is possible to do even without maxed out farms (I only have 4 of the 7 possible farms on DS) because the idea is to keep the farms full and the nests full at all times so you are always earning things.

The 2 prize lines are simultaneous. Once you earn 600 pumpkins you will be eligible to participate in the community prizes. What you earn contributes to your individual prizes AND the community total. So even if you don't manage to get all the individual prizes you can still get the community ones. Hope that makes sense!

cocauina
10-15-14, 07:48 AM

I played every world event from Dragon Story, and I was able to finish all of my individual prizes and get the community ones too :)

The thing is, if you choose only to have the community prizes, you will need to collect things, if you want the prizes, it's better for you to participate also, leaving the rest of the work to the rest os the players it's kinda of bad.. I play to get both of the prizes, individual and community ones, so since I want to get all of the individual prizes, in the end I will contribute to the community ones also, and when I finish the individual ones I continue to work to get things to contribute to the community prizes.

Just get the maximum things that you can, if you want all of the individual ones and if you get them all, since you where able to get them before the end of the world event, you are also able to continue to participate on the world event so the community get the prizes :)

The individual prizes, depend on you, the community prizes depend on the community of Dragon Story, when you receive a reward from the individual prize, the other players don't receive at the same time as you, unless they have the same amount of things as you xD When a player receive a community prize, all of the players from the Dragon Story community will receive also :)

Have your nest full, your farms always working in the minimun with 1hr food, mine, battle in tournaments and place the cauldron on your island when you receive it from the world event, it's the 1st individual prize and you get 4 things every 4hrs. You will receive 1 thing every hour, 4hrs = 4 things, 20hrs = 20 things.

Have a nice world event!

SANDSCApe
10-15-14, 07:58 AM

No need to choose a path; you are automatically on both paths at the same time. Every pumpkin you earn toward your individual prizes will count towards the community prizes also. The more you do for yourself, the more you will help everybody else. Push! Push! Push!

In Dragon Story, I usually get all the prizes, but my daughter typically gets only the habitat, a couple animals and one or two decorative items. But she's a little kid and doesn't have that much access to the game. She's also not keen on battles and mostly doesn't see what all the fuss is about. The prizes nearly always stay in her storage. LOL

MelodicStars
10-15-14, 08:00 AM
Welcome to world events...they are fun! On DS I've participated in 5 or 6 now and I did the recent one on CS. I got to the 4th individual prize on CS and have either finished with 4 or all 5 individual prizes each time on DS. It is possible to do even without maxed out farms (I only have 4 of the 7 possible farms on DS) because the idea is to keep the farms full and the nests full at all times so you are always earning things.

The 2 prize lines are simultaneous. Once you earn 600 pumpkins you will be eligible to participate in the community prizes. What you earn contributes to your individual prizes AND the community total. So even if you don't manage to get all the individual prizes you can still get the community ones. Hope that makes sense!
Thank you tuffyjkitten and cocauina and SANDSCApe:) that answered my question perfectly. This event does seem fun and I'll look forward to it.

Aernak
10-15-14, 08:01 AM
I planted a ton of 30 second crops on both FFS and DS last night and occasionally one of them would pop out one pumpkin (or brew) for me. They don't seem to be guaranteed with planting crops - it's a % chance. The drop rate seems to be higher with the longer crops. You definitely seems to get the most pumpkins from breeding. I did get 4 from mining last night. I have not gotten any from the Battlefield - I don't think the Battlefield gives them.

cocauina
10-15-14, 08:05 AM
(...) I have not gotten any from the Battlefield - I don't think the Battlefield gives them.

Only the "The Arena" gives pumpkins, the Battlegrounds doesn't give pumpkins :)

We don't receive pumpkins from the battlegroungs, only from tournaments, battlegrounds it's not a tournament because it doesn't have any limited time, and the tournaments from the the arena have.

The battlegrounds are unlocked at level 5, The Arena is unlocked at level 17, like it says in the description from the world event "Battling in Tournaments (level 17+)"

Aernak
10-15-14, 08:44 AM
Only the "The Arena" gives pumpkins, the Battlegrounds doesn't give pumpkins :)

Ahhh gotcha. :) I am not high enough level yet for The Arena. Still a level 16 noober. Hehe...

cocauina
10-15-14, 08:45 AM
Ahhh gotcha. :) I am not high enough level yet for The Arena. Still a level 16 noober. Hehe...

ahah only 1 level, you are very closer :p

SHINeeFan23
10-15-14, 09:16 AM
Ok I would ask again

Is it the same ?

Vs cheap crops 5 hours

On DS I always did the expensive 5 hour crop because I thought that was the only one but I saw the cheaper one & use that now. It still gives the same amount.

seekerbears
10-15-14, 09:24 AM
I thought the community prizes were added to your storage once you got 600 but you have to have enough pumpkins once you get 600 in order to get them?

my607
10-15-14, 09:42 AM
Is this a joke? I lost my pumpkins

zenobia42
10-15-14, 09:46 AM
I used this to update the OP - thanks!!!

zenobia42

If you want to add more info to the first post of this world event, use this :)

Individual Prizes
Cauldron - 25 pumpkins
Werewolf - 500 pumpkins
Pumpkin Patch - ??? pumpkins
???

Community Prizes
???
???

my607
10-15-14, 09:49 AM
Everyone should becareful I lost most of my pumpkins . I had about 80 something now down to 5. I reinstall and turn device off. I heard somebody had this happened too.

momofgiants
10-15-14, 09:54 AM
It happened to me this morning. See post 95. I still do not have them back. Sending screen shot now and hope to get them back. TAKE PICTURES EVERYONE!

my607
10-15-14, 09:59 AM
I didn't take a picture . Not sure how you post it back here. I'm done with this world event.

seekerbears
10-15-14, 09:59 AM
Everyone should becareful I lost most of my pumpkins . I had about 80 something now down to 5. I reinstall and turn device off. I heard somebody had this happened too.

You need to tell TL the issue especially if it's happening to more than one person

seekerbears
10-15-14, 10:01 AM
I didn't take a picture . Not sure how you post it back here. I'm done with this world event.

Don't quit now it was just 80 pumpkins you still have 21 days left 80 it's better than 200 and plus your pumpkins may come back don't give up

cocauina
10-15-14, 10:03 AM
I thought the community prizes were added to your storage once you got 600 but you have to have enough pumpkins once you get 600 in order to get them?

You need to have 600 so you become eligible to the community, the community only receive the 1st prize when the community amount reaches to 80,000,000 pumpkins

I used this to update the OP - thanks!!!

You'r welcome! :)

I have the same amount of pumpkins, didn't lost anyone, but I already have taken an screenshot just in case..

my607
10-15-14, 10:03 AM
It happened to me this morning. See post 95. I still do not have them back. Sending screen shot now and hope to get them back. TAKE PICTURES EVERYONE!
When you take a picture my pumpkin picture didn't show up. Did yours show up?

cocauina
10-15-14, 10:07 AM
When you take a picture my pumpkin picture didn't show up. Did yours show up?

You are using the "take photo" option from the game, the screenshot we are talking about is a screenshot option from your Iphone, press at the same time the main button and the lock button, and done :)

seekerbears
10-15-14, 10:09 AM
You need to have 600 so you become eligible to the community, the community only receive the 1st prize when the community amount reaches to 80,000,000 pumpkins

thank you I was just confused it's my first world event

zenobia42
10-15-14, 10:12 AM
This losing earned pumpkins thing is disturbing. Thanks for letting us know. Every time my pumpkin count goes up, I am taking a screenshot. So that if they disappear, I can send that screenshot to support. I have no clue if support will return inexplicably lost pumpkins, but I am going to be ready as I can be in case I lose them to ask that they fix it. Sorry to everyone who has lost some. I hope you get them back!!!

my607
10-15-14, 10:13 AM
You are using the "take photo" option from the game, the screenshot we are talking about is a screenshot option from your Iphone, press at the same time the main button and the lock button, and done :)

Ok now I see but I didn't take photo when I didn't lose the pumpkins. It sounds like I won't get these pumpkins back

zenobia42
10-15-14, 10:17 AM

I know it's discouraging but please don't give up! If you are earning 80+ pumpkins in 16 hours or so, you can still easily make the 2,200 goal for the flying cat even though you are basically starting over now. Just take screenshots from now on to document if you lose more. And write to support right away letting them know what happened even if you don't have the screenshots or exact count. Hopefully they will return everyone's lost pumpkins soon, and more importantly fix the bug that is causing the loss. Don't give up! World events are so much fun and it would be a shame for you to lose out on the community spirit from being part of it. We'd miss you!

kooky panda
10-15-14, 10:19 AM
I have not lost any pumpkins.

When coming back into your game, before you collect anything that will give you pumpkins, collect from your habitats first or go visit a neighbor to make sure your game syncs up with Team Lava's servers. To be safe you may want to close out your game after playing each time so when you come back your game loads up first before you collect.

For loss of pumpkins, you can send an email to support@teamlava.com

my607
10-15-14, 10:25 AM
Thank you I email TL just now.

EviBrooklyn
10-15-14, 10:29 AM
Apparently you can buy extra cauldrons from the shop

my607
10-15-14, 10:31 AM
Apparently you can buy extra cauldrons from the shop

Yes, I know. Thanks

GreasedLightening
10-15-14, 10:45 AM
Ok..this may seem like a silly question, but what is the point of having 2 cauldrons? This is my first world event, not clear on how it all works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kooky panda
10-15-14, 10:49 AM
Ok..this may seem like a silly question, but what is the point of having 2 cauldrons? This is my first world event, not clear on how it all works. Any help is greatly appreciated.
For each cauldron you can get 4 pumpkins every 4 hours .

The Great Cauldron gives you 16 pumpkins every 4 hours..

In short the more you have the faster you can gather pumpkins. :)

BXVV
10-15-14, 10:51 AM

I am not sure about the last individual prize, but the second last prize requires at least 2200 pumpkins (for the vampire cat), my guess thus far is that the last prize will require 3200-3500 pumpkins. Good luck everyone!

GreasedLightening
10-15-14, 11:11 AM
For each cauldron you can get 4 pumpkins every 4 hours .

The Great Cauldron gives you 16 pumpkins every 4 hours..

In short the more you have the faster you can gather pumpkins. :)

Ok. So each time you earn pumpkins from planting, hatching...etc... Both cauldrons will earn the same number of pumpkins, giving you double?

seekerbears
10-15-14, 11:13 AM
Ok. So each time you earn pumpkins from planting, hatching...etc... Both cauldrons will earn the same number of pumpkins, giving you double?

No the cauldrons give you 4 pumpkins every 4 hours

GreasedLightening
10-15-14, 11:31 AM
No the cauldrons give you 4 pumpkins every 4 hours

Ok..duh!!! I get it now..basically you can earn an extra 4 to 16 pumpkins every 4 hours depending which extra cauldron you have. I guess I was hoping both cauldrons would increase in number when you earned pumpkins from hatching and planting, mining.... Wishful thinking I guess. Thanks so much for the help...very new to this gaming stuff. Learning as I go, and these forums are extremely informative. Would not be as far as I am without them. So just want to say thanks to all who post their triumphs and failures here.

cocauina
10-15-14, 11:36 AM

(...)

Most of the players on Dragon Story with 14 days on a world event, are able to receive all the rewards, and the last individual prize, the most expensive(s), costs 2,600 things. This time in dragon story the world event lasts 21 days, so in FFS.

If you have yours farms always producing food (120), your nest always full (24), you can get 144 things per day, if you mine, more 2 pumpkins everytime you mine and if you battle, 1 more pumpkin everytime you won, currently I have 157 pumpkins.
144 pumpkins only with farms and eggs, after 21 days you can get closer to 3,024 pumpkins.

I think it?s possible for us to finish the world event :)

cocauina
10-15-14, 11:40 AM
(...)

Pumpkin Patch [possibly a habitat] - ??? pumpkins

(...)

It's a decor :)

seekerbears
10-15-14, 11:52 AM
It's a decor :)

The second community prize is a habitat I think

bluefoxcrystal
10-15-14, 11:56 AM

XD!! That's what I said!

SHINeeFan23
10-15-14, 12:02 PM
XD!! That's what I said!

Everyone says it's decor but from the picture I'll agree with it. It doesn't look wide enough for any animals. I guess we will see when someone reaches it :)

gammarayburst
10-15-14, 12:28 PM
What makes me nervous about this event is the fact that we are only allowed one nest. In DS, I have 4 nests that I keep full at all times during World Events.

cocauina
10-15-14, 12:51 PM

This doesn't look like an habitat..

seekerbears
10-15-14, 01:01 PM
This doesn't look like an habitat..

I said the community prize not the individual prizes and I also am not 100% sure

seekerbears
10-15-14, 01:04 PM
16041 I zoomed into the prize a bit and it kinda looks like a habitat :/

seekerbears
10-15-14, 01:09 PM
Actually here's a better picture of it16042

sweetypies97
10-15-14, 01:16 PM
I take screenshots of every single thing after 'support' tried to tell me something. I KNEW was not true but I didn't have backup. It is a wise idea to always take screenshots of important things with this company.

SHINeeFan23
10-15-14, 01:17 PM
Actually here's a better picture of it16042

Oh I thought you were talking about the other one. But yeah this does look like a Habitat. I guess we will see when someone reaches the community goal.

Bambamstad
10-15-14, 02:14 PM
Does anybody know which habitat the werewolf lives in?
So far i have 174 pumpkins, will reach 500 in the day after tomorrow i think.

seekerbears
10-15-14, 02:20 PM
How are people already close to 200 pumpkins when I have 96:confused:

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 02:21 PM
Ok I got my WEREWOLF if you'd like to look it's at level 6 in my earth habitat😊

My id is A2TUDE16043

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 02:22 PM
How are people already close to 200 pumpkins when I have 96:confused:

I speed it up a lil to get my wolf but I'll go at normal pace now��

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 02:23 PM
Does anybody know which habitat the werewolf lives in?
So far i have 174 pumpkins, will reach 500 in the day after tomorrow i think.

It goes in earth or nature habitat

dreamusman
10-15-14, 02:26 PM
I was just visiting random forests when I saw this animal could anyone tell me what this is

http://forum.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16044&d=1413408251 (http://forum.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16044&d=1413408251)

EviBrooklyn
10-15-14, 02:28 PM
Werewolf ... You get it once you collect 600 pumpkins

seekerbears
10-15-14, 02:30 PM
Ok I got 136 pumpkins now I hope I'm at the right place

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 02:32 PM

I'm planting bananas it cheaper n quick lol

kooky panda
10-15-14, 02:33 PM
I have 132 right now. 5 hour crops will be ready soon!

zenobia42
10-15-14, 02:37 PM
Ok I got my WEREWOLF if you'd like to look it's at level 6 in my earth habitat

My id is A2TUDE16043

Awesome! Does its earnings match that of other common, rare or super rares?

seekerbears
10-15-14, 02:37 PM
I have 132 right now. 5 hour crops will be ready soon!

That's what I'm doing my 5 hr crops will be ready in 2 hours!

cocauina
10-15-14, 02:38 PM
I said the community prize not the individual prizes and I also am not 100% sure

We were talking about the individual prize and suddenly, the players change to the community prize, sorry I didn't understand.

The 2nd community prize it seems to be an habitat, if you put on your Iphone the brightness in the maximum and zoom in, you can see some details of the "habitat".

Currently I have 187 pumpkins.

seekerbears
10-15-14, 02:41 PM
We were talking about the individual prize and suddenly, the players change to the community prize, sorry I didn't understand.

The 2nd community prize it seems to be an habitat, if you put on your Iphone the brightness in the maximum and zoom in, you can see some details of the "habitat".

Currently I have 187 pumpkins.

I wasn't trying to be rude I was just saying...

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 02:47 PM
Awesome! Does its earnings match that of other common, rare or super rares?

It earnings are the same as common��

cocauina
10-15-14, 02:49 PM
I wasn't trying to be rude I was just saying...

I know and I didn't say you were being rude :)
I only said that the players said a different prize from the one I was talking about, in the end I confused myself :p

zenobia42
10-15-14, 02:50 PM
It earnings are the same as common��

That makes sense. Of the 5 individual prizes, 3 are clearly new animals So it would make sense the first is common, the vampire cat (prize #4) rare, and the final skeletal-dragon-looking creature rare or super rare... and the community final prize that looks like a devil super rare.

I also agree the second community prize looks like a habitat. And I would have to guess (and hope!) that its element(s) and capacity allow all the prize critters to reside there. :D

zenobia42
10-15-14, 02:54 PM
Pumpkin gathering has been rather slow going for me because I am in a poor phase where coins are concerned. I spent a million yesterday afternoon on my penultimate expansion, and so far today have spent 825k on clearing that spot, and will need to spend ANOTHER 500k to get the final 2 fail shales on that spot gone... or at least 33 hours 20 minutes from being gone. Fail shales suk. Anyway, being coin-poor means not a lot of charm cherries. And I just HATE planting the bananas. Because it is such a HUGE waste in terms of crops per hour. If you just manage to get 3 crops of power pears harvested in that hour, you get more food than that mana banana. So I am planting pears, but I'm not 100% efficient at collecting and replanting every 3 minutes on the dot. So I am getting less than the maximum of 6 pumpkins per hour from food during the day. Overnight, I'm planting mangoes and getting the pumpkins each farm for those 8 hours. But during the day, I just CAN'T bring myself to plant the incredibly wasteful bananas. Anyway, I did a wee bit of speed breeding and have 142 pumpkins. Certainly doing fine for staying on track of 150 per day which will yield 3300 pumpkins by the end... which I hope is enough to get the final individual prize and contribute my share of the community prize pumpkins. :)

seekerbears
10-15-14, 02:56 PM
Since I have 136 pumpkins I'm hoping to get my Wolf by Friday or Saturday and then be able to have community prizes by Sunday :D

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 03:00 PM
That makes sense. Of the 5 individual prizes, 3 are clearly new animals So it would make sense the first is common, the vampire cat (prize #4) rare, and the final skeletal-dragon-looking creature rare or super rare... and the community final prize that looks like a devil super rare.

I also agree the second community prize looks like a habitat. And I would have to guess (and hope!) that its element(s) and capacity allow all the prize critters to reside there. :D

I still think people should get pumpkins from visiting other people it make it lil more fun😀

zenobia42
10-15-14, 03:06 PM
I still think people should get pumpkins from visiting other people it make it lil more fun��

Yes, that WOULD be really fun, I agree!

ninasidstorm8
10-15-14, 03:07 PM
Since I have 136 pumpkins I'm hoping to get my Wolf by Friday or Saturday and then be able to have community prizes by Sunday :D

In case you didn't realize it, 600 pumpkins will only qualify you for the community prizes. The prizes won't be awarded until the community goals are met for each item. If it goes like other TL games, the last community prize goal will be reached the last day of the event.

momofgiants
10-15-14, 03:11 PM
So for anyone that has lost pumpkins I am happy to report that when you get back to 25 you get a second cauldron. Almost seems fair for the 40 pumpkins they took this morning.

seekerbears
10-15-14, 03:18 PM
In case you didn't realize it, 600 pumpkins will only qualify you for the community prizes. The prizes won't be awarded until the community goals are met for each item. If it goes like other TL games, the last community prize goal will be reached the last day of the event.

Yes I know thanks:)

igames4me
10-15-14, 03:28 PM
Acct 1: 158 pumpkins
Acct 2: 190 pumpkins

Right on track since in 4 hours I will collect 30 more pumpkins on each acct
Good luck everyone
Let's win all the community prizes

my607
10-15-14, 03:33 PM
So for anyone that has lost pumpkins I am happy to report that when you get back to 25 you get a second cauldron. Almost seems fair for the 40 pumpkins they took this morning.

I think my pumpkins were more but better than nothing.

seekerbears
10-15-14, 03:37 PM
Acct 1: 158 pumpkins
Acct 2: 190 pumpkins

Right on track since in 4 hours I will collect 30 more pumpkins on each acct
Good luck everyone
Let's win all the community prizes

Are you doing the 5hr crop for all of your farms?

SANDSCApe
10-15-14, 03:40 PM
What's the big deal about Grand farms for this event? I see no benefit as far as gathering pumpkins. I had 4 grands and 2 minis. I just sold them all and bought 6 biggies. The minis weren't doing enough for me with bananas. I can't play EVERY hour; and pears? PEARS?!! Are you kidding me? Who wants to tap on farms every 3 minutes? And for how long can you possibly keep that up? I was enjoying the fast bulk of Cherries and Nuts, but I figured I could fit 6 biggies in less space than the 4 grands were occupying. If I kept the 4 grands, I wouldn't have space to upgrade the minis.

I'll be getting less food harvested with this decision, but at least I won't have 2 farms sitting idle with a ready harvest for hours at a time while the other 4 are working. Less food, but more pumpkins. I can go back to the Grands and their premium harvests when this event is over.

my607
10-15-14, 03:42 PM
I about had it this is my second time my pumpkin is missing back to 5 again or 7. Not even 5 mins and it's gone again. Had 73 right now but now it's 5 again. wtf I'm having such bad luck

Snowfall0
10-15-14, 03:44 PM
IMPORTANT:

My crystal unicorn just happened to hatch today, which was pretty convenient. Right now I've got 47 pumpkins, but I got two from the mine. So that means I got 45 pumpkins from hatching my unicorn alone. But when I got the cauldron, does it deduct 25 or whatever the price is from your total amount? Because then I would have gotten 70 pumpkins...

As far as I know, the pumpkins are different depending most likely on the rarity of a hatched animal.

Hawksmoor
10-15-14, 03:47 PM
My apologies if someone has asked/answered this already but 19 pages of posts is a lot to go through, lol. Do you know how to get the Great cauldron? I got my regular cauldron by collecting 25 pumpkins but I see a Great cauldron for sale in the store for 500 gems. One of my neighbors has one so I'm wondering if they just purchased it or if it's a reward. Thanks!

seekerbears
10-15-14, 03:53 PM
My apologies if someone has asked/answered this already but 19 pages of posts is a lot to go through, lol. Do you know how to get the Grand cauldron? I got my regular cauldron by collecting 25 pumpkins but I see a Grand cauldron for sale in the store for 500 gems. One of my neighbors has one so I'm wondering if they just purchased it or if it's a reward. Thanks!

Unfortunately you have to buy the grand cauldron I to have seen people with the gran cauldron so im guessing they bought it with gems

seekerbears
10-15-14, 03:55 PM
IMPORTANT:

My crystal unicorn just happened to hatch today, which was pretty convenient. Right now I've got 47 pumpkins, but I got two from the mine. So that means I got 45 pumpkins from hatching my unicorn alone. But when I got the cauldron, does it deduct 25 or whatever the price is from your total amount? Because then I would have gotten 70 pumpkins...

As far as I know, the pumpkins are different depending most likely on the rarity of a hatched animal. the cauldron gives gives you 4 pumpkins every 4 hours

igames4me
10-15-14, 03:56 PM
Are you doing the 5hr crop for all of your farms?

Yes during the day but overnight doing the 8 hr crops

Hawksmoor
10-15-14, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately you have to buy the grand cauldron I to have seen people with the gran cauldron so im guessing they bought it with gems

Ok thank you very much!

A2TUDE
10-15-14, 04:17 PM
Community prize number 116045

zenobia42
10-15-14, 04:18 PM
IMPORTANT:

As far as I know, the pumpkins are different depending most likely on the rarity of a hatched animal.

Winning the prizes does not take the pumpkins from your inventory. Pumpkins keep accumulating the whole event and you don't have to lose any to get the prizes.

And the only thing that affects how many pumpkins you get from hatching eggs and from harvesting food is how long they took to be ready. Rarity does not matter. Whether it's common, rare, super rare or ultra rare you get as many pumpkins as hours it takes to incubate. How many apples you get from your harvest does not matter. If you plant charm cherries or mana bananas, you get 1 pumpkin even though they give you hugely different amounts of food and hugely different cost. 1 pumpkin per hour is the only formula.

seekerbears
10-15-14, 04:19 PM
Community prize number 116045

Oh ok I understand how it works now thanks for posting that

cocauina
10-15-14, 05:23 PM
(...)

Individual Prizes
Cauldron - 25 pumpkins
Werewolf (common earth-nature) - 500 pumpkins
Pumpkin Patch - 1,000 pumpkins
???

Community Prizes - You will receive ALL community prizes earned by the community if you yourself collect at least 600 pumpkins.
??? [possibly a habitat]
???

(...)

More info zenobia42!

Individual Prizes
Cauldron - 25 pumpkins
Werewolf - rare - earth/nature - egg 13hrs - evolve 8hrs - 500 pumpkins
Vampire Cat - super rare - earth/fire - egg 16hrs - evolve 13hrs - 2,200 pumpkins
Skeletal Dragon - super rare - earth/fire - egg 17hrs - evolve 12hrs - ??? pumpkins

Community Prizes
Haunted Hollow habitat - 4 earth and/or fire animals - ??? pumpkins
Yak-O-Lantern - super rare - earth/fire - egg 15hrs - evolve 12hrs - ??? pumpkins

Here's the Haunted Hollow habitat:

seekerbears
10-15-14, 05:25 PM
More info zenobia42!

Individual Prizes
Cauldron - 25 pumpkins
Skeleton Dragon - ??? pumpkins

Community Prizes - You will receive ALL community prizes earned by the community if you yourself collect at least 600 pumpkins.
Haunted Hollow habitat - 4 earth and/or fire animals - ??? pumpkins
Yak-O-Lantern - ??? pumpkins

Here's the Haunted Hollow habitat:

I love the habitat! Thanks for updating it

cocauina
10-15-14, 05:28 PM
I love the habitat! Thanks for updating it

You're welcome, I've updated again my comment if you want to see more info :)

seekerbears
10-15-14, 05:37 PM
Why do I have this feeling that I will be able to get all the prizes expet the last individual prize because I will cost somewhere in the 3,000 area:eek:

cocauina
10-15-14, 06:47 PM
Why do I have this feeling that I will be able to get all the prizes expet the last individual prize because I will cost somewhere in the 3,000 area:eek:

Probably it will cost 3,400 pumpkins like the last individual prize on Dragon Story world event

BXVV
10-15-14, 09:13 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16013&d=1413335901

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16045&d=1413415057
This event will end 21d:00h:57m from when this post was made.

Individual Prizes
Cauldron - 25 pumpkins
???

??? [possibly a habitat]
???

If you have 6 large / grand farms with food planted 20 hours a day, and collect from the cauldron you earn as the first prize 3 times a day, and have something incubating in the nest 18 hours a day, that is 150 pumpkins per day and 3,3300 pumpkins for the event. If we get an arena during the event, that's more. If you win pumpkins in the mine, more as well. This is doable for anyone online a few times a day, if timed well. And the community prizes require LOTS of people participating so please help the community effort if you can. Go, team, go!

The Vampire Cat nesting time (hatching period) is 16 hours
The LAST individual prize "Skeletal Dragon" costs 3300 pumpkins (confirmed)

SHINeeFan23
10-15-14, 09:39 PM
The Vampire Cat nesting time (hatching period) is 16 hours
The LAST individual prize "Skeletal Dragon" costs 3300 pumpkins (confirmed)

That's a lot of pumpkins. Hope I can make it lol

seekerbears
10-15-14, 09:48 PM
Well to end the night I have 191 pumpkins but I will be setting an alarm throughout the night to collect pumpkins lol hoping to have the wolf by Friday

zenobia42
10-15-14, 09:53 PM
Thanks, all, for the constant flow of information. I'm updating the OP a half dozen times a day or so to keep up with our growing undertanding of the event particulars.

I think I am MOST excited about that habitat... it holds FOUR animals! Wish it was a quicker build, though.

seekerbears
10-15-14, 10:00 PM
So I'm guessing the habitat can hold all 4 of the Halloween animals? I hope because I can just put all 4 of them in there:)

SHINeeFan23
10-15-14, 10:01 PM
Well to end the night I have 191 pumpkins but I will be setting an alarm throughout the night to collect pumpkins lol hoping to have the wolf by Friday

I'm ending my night with 211 Pumkins & planted 7 8hr mangos (I think those are 8hr) and have my alarm to go off for 8am since it's now midnight.

SANDSCApe
10-16-14, 12:49 AM
Thanks, all, for the constant flow of information. I'm updating the OP a half dozen times a day or so to keep up with our growing undertanding of the event particulars.

I think I am MOST excited about that habitat... it holds FOUR animals! Wish it was a quicker build, though.

Quicker than INSTANT? Prize habitats don't have a build time. When you bring it out of storage and place it on the land, BAM! It's ready.

zenobia42
10-16-14, 06:46 AM
quicker than instant? Prize habitats don't have a build time. When you bring it out of storage and place it on the land, bam! It's ready.

That. Is. AWESOME. :D :D :D

pondicus
10-16-14, 07:22 AM
Hey, I'm in level 19 of the terrorier battles but I'm not getting any pumpkins by winning, anyone know how does that work? hmm.

zenobia42
10-16-14, 07:31 AM
Found images of the various stages of the 4 prize animals and added them to the OP. :)

ETA: I put the images in a spoiler tag so that folks can get info on this event without peeking ahead to the animals if they choose not to. :)

zenobia42
10-16-14, 07:31 AM
Hey, I'm in level 19 of the terrorier battles but I'm not getting any pumpkins by winning, anyone know how does that work? hmm.

I believe we determined that it is ARENA battles (of which we have none right now) that award pumpkins, not Battlegrounds battles.

seekerbears
10-16-14, 09:00 AM
Halfway to the wolf! 258 pumpkins hoping to get 300 today

seekerbears
10-16-14, 09:21 AM
Found images of the various stages of the 4 prize animals and added them to the OP. :)

ETA: I put the images in a spoiler tag so that folks can get info on this event without peeking ahead to the animals if they choose not to. :)

The pictures for the animals are not showing up just the habitat

seekerbears
10-16-14, 09:30 AM

zenobia42
10-16-14, 12:31 PM
The pictures for the animals are not showing up just the habitat

You shoud see a little box that says "Spoiler" then "Show." If you tap the "Show," it reveals what is in the spoiler box.

GreasedLightening
10-16-14, 12:35 PM
Almost halfway there folks for community prizes.....let's pick some more pumpkins.

rainsunset
10-16-14, 12:44 PM
And I have a problem after update. I can't buy habitats they are locked. So don't know what to do, only sell animals as can't buy new habitats. I tried to delete game but no result��

Bambamstad
10-16-14, 01:16 PM
About 350 pumpkins, average 175 a day.
At this speed must be enough to get all the individual prizes.

cocauina
10-16-14, 01:27 PM
And I have a problem after update. I can't buy habitats they are locked. So don't know what to do, only sell animals as can't buy new habitats. I tried to delete game but no result��

Probably you already have the maximum habitats that you could have on your island.
In the game, press in the star of your level in the upperleft corner, and in the info of your island that will show up, you can see how many habitats you have and can have in your island.

rainsunset
10-16-14, 01:50 PM
Probably you already have the maximum habitats that you could have on your island.
In the game, press in the star of your level in the upperleft corner, and in the info of your island that will show up, you can see how many habitats you have and can have in your island.

Thanks! You're right unfortunately. So I'll sell animals

sanya87
10-16-14, 02:54 PM
I got 365 pumpkins by now, hope i can keep it like that untill the end...

zenobia42
10-16-14, 03:05 PM
I got 365 pumpkins by now, hope i can keep it like that untill the end...

Great going! I have only 303 thus far. But that is enough to be on track for the 3,300 needed for the final individual prize. I just can't wait to get 600 pumpkins so I can start tracking the progress on the community prizes! :D

GreasedLightening
10-16-14, 03:35 PM
Great going! I have only 303 thus far. But that is enough to be on track for the 3,300 needed for the final individual prize. I just can't wait to get 600 pumpkins so I can start tracking the progress on the community prizes! :D

Just checked community statis...we are at 42,300,897. Went up about 5 million since my last screen shot at 2:30 today.

my607
10-16-14, 04:22 PM
Finally, I'm in good shape since my pumpkins got lost Twice. So, TL decided to give me two cauldron. But I am behind players so I guess keep harvesting apples and breeding animals. I'm just glad my pumpkins are here to stay.

elvos85
10-16-14, 04:51 PM
I just updated to new version.. But after update I can't enter the game anymore.. Please help !!!

seekerbears
10-16-14, 04:52 PM
I just updated to new version.. But after update I can't enter the game anymore.. Please help !!!

Try closing out of the app or deleting it and re downloading it if that doesn't help contact TL

seekerbears
10-16-14, 04:55 PM
Now have 363 apples an hour until my egg is done then I'll have 10 more right on track hopefully I get 400 before the day ends

elvos85
10-16-14, 04:58 PM
I tried already but still doesn't work.. How can I contact TL?

cocauina
10-16-14, 05:20 PM
I tried already but still doesn't work.. How can I contact TL?

Use this contact :)

support@teamlava.com

BlueCanary
10-16-14, 05:59 PM
There's a known bug right now that won't let the game open if you have an old device that is below IOS version 6. Its affecting quite a few people and theres a current thread about it in the Fantasy Forest bugs & issues forum and they're working on a fix that should happen soon apparently :) Hopefully in time for us to get in on a bit of the event!

Upgrading your device should fix it, if you can't then you have to wait unfortunately.

amerirish
10-16-14, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I wanted to share a tip that has worked for me in Dragon Story events. If your Tree Of Life (nest) is going to be empty for longer than two hours and if you have enough coins, buy a Rockrino. You can sell it when it hatches and it will give you two more pumpkins. Hope this helps someone, happy collecting :)

locotesx3
10-16-14, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I wanted to share a tip that has worked for me in Dragon Story events. If your Tree Of Life (nest) is going to be empty for longer than two hours and if you have enough coins, buy a Rockrino. You can sell it when it hatches and it will give you two more pumpkins. Hope this helps someone, happy collecting :)

That's a great idea. You have to put the rino into a habitat before you sell but it's a great way to make sure your nest is never empty.

zenobia42
10-16-14, 08:02 PM
That's a great idea. You have to put the rino into a habitat before you sell but it's a great way to make sure your nest is never empty.

Nope - you can sell it right out of the nest and still get your pumpkins! I sold a critter today and got the credit. :)

Snowfall0
10-16-14, 08:13 PM
Winning the prizes does not take the pumpkins from your inventory. Pumpkins keep accumulating the whole event and you don't have to lose any to get the prizes.

And the only thing that affects how many pumpkins you get from hatching eggs and from harvesting food is how long they took to be ready. Rarity does not matter. Whether it's common, rare, super rare or ultra rare you get as many pumpkins as hours it takes to incubate. How many apples you get from your harvest does not matter. If you plant charm cherries or mana bananas, you get 1 pumpkin even though they give you hugely different amounts of food and hugely different cost. 1 pumpkin per hour is the only formula.

Oh, okay :D thanks, I'm new at world events.

zenobia42
10-16-14, 08:36 PM
Oh, okay :D thanks, I'm new at world events.

Hey, asking questions like that is what this place is for, to share what we know and help each other out! Don't be afraid to ask about anything! Well, the meaning of life I do not know other than "42" lol. But anything to do with the game we'll answer or put our heads together and figure out together. :)

ETA: 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything to sci-fi geeks such as myself, based on a hilarious series of novels.

TokiChunsa
10-16-14, 11:13 PM
Since I'm missing the Jackalope, I'm trying to go for that. It's not long breeding times for Nature-Fire combos so it won't take up too much time. The breedings would give me a mine too, so that's good. So far, it's been Fairy Ferrets. It's only 6 hrs, plus I breed again right after so I have 3 pumpkins every 3 hrs. Hope I get the Jackalope soon.

A2TUDE
10-17-14, 01:40 AM
Ok I got my pumpkin patch here's a lil pic

A2TUDE
10-17-14, 01:43 AM
Here's the vampire cat

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 02:27 AM
This is turning out to be more of a struggle than I anticipated. I decided to take over my daughter's forest because if I leave it to her, she may only collect 100 pumpkins a week. LOL. But Vash-Naroom and Forest Gump both started this event with mini farms. I finally gave up yesterday and decided to upgrade them to biggies, although these two forests dont have an abundance of coins. They are still well below the third-day target for pumpkins. Catching up will be tough, and they will probably not get the Skeleton Dragon.

Even Satyr Sanctuary is below the target, but I hope I can pull it off there. Maybe pushing 3 accounts through a World Event is too much, especially since they are all running on the same old iPhone. What's more, I'm trying to do the same thing for Dragon Story's World Event. Heaven help me when the Arena Tournament rolls in!

I had to beg the little keeper of Vash-Naroom not to get mad and sell the big farms I built over there. (That's what she normally does.) She generally gets mad if I meddle with her forest. I'm only supposed to collect coins & food and plant more. She'll have to forgive me for the next couple weeks because I can't just watch her place idling away when there are pumpkins to be picked!

So right now, our pumpkin counts are:
Satyr Sanctuary -- 292
Forest Gump -- 250
Vash-Naroom -- 253

Hoping to catch up somehow. I can speed some eggs, but 1 gem per pumpkin is too hefty a cost.

TokiChunsa
10-17-14, 03:51 AM
This is turning out to be more of a struggle than I anticipated. I decided to take over my daughter's forest because if I leave it to her, she may only collect 100 pumpkins a week. LOL. But Vash-Naroom and Forest Gump both started this event with mini farms. I finally gave up yesterday and decided to upgrade them to biggies, although these two forests dont have an abundance of coins. They are still well below the third-day target for pumpkins. Catching up will be tough, and they will probably not get the Skeleton Dragon.

Even Satyr Sanctuary is below the target, but I hope I can pull it off there. Maybe pushing 3 accounts through a World Event is too much, especially since they are all running on the same old iPhone. What's more, I'm trying to do the same thing for Dragon Story's World Event. Heaven help me when the Arena Tournament rolls in!

I had to beg the little keeper of Vash-Naroom not to get mad and sell the big farms I built over there. (That's what she normally does.) She generally gets mad if I meddle with her forest. I'm only supposed to collect coins & food and plant more. She'll have to forgive me for the next couple weeks because I can't just watch her place idling away when there are pumpkins to be picked!

So right now, our pumpkin counts are:
Satyr Sanctuary -- 292
Forest Gump -- 250
Vash-Naroom -- 253

Hoping to catch up somehow. I can speed some eggs, but 1 gem per pumpkin is too hefty a cost.

I only have 244 so you ate better off then me. I wish I can finish this world event since I never got to get to the third one in ant of the events in DS. There should be more chances of getting them or a less amount if pumpkins. Maybe even boost up th es oh t for the cauldrons.

Anyuszko
10-17-14, 04:58 AM
I am doing nothing especially, not speeding up breeds (only with the few gems I got daily), just harvesting 5 hours foods daytime and 8hrs one nighttime, and so I have now 501, just reached Werewolf.

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 05:32 AM
I am doing nothing especially, not speeding up breeds (only with the few gems I got daily), just harvesting 5 hours foods daytime and 8hrs one nighttime, and so I have now 501, just reached Werewolf.

Well now, let's see. Six farms, one nest and one cauldron refreshed promptly and non-stop would produce 192 pumpkins every 24 hours, but I doubt you're checking in every 4 hours round the clock. Even if you did, with the Event less than 2 1/2 days along, you'd have nearly 480 pumpkins by now. Depending on mining luck, a player coud be over 500 pumpkins without gemming, but I think that player would need to have started the Event promptly (or had long-timed crops and egg ready when the Event started, I suppose).

So having started half a day late, unable to check 3 accounts every 4-5 hours, and with two of them using mini farms up until maybe 12 hours ago, there is only so much possible. Satyr Sanctuary just reached 300 pumpkins. More than other two, but still short of the mark. I'll try to gain some ground this weekend. I sure hope tournament victories will give at least 2 pumpkins each; and hopefully we'll see 2 tournaments during the Event (maybe they'll throw in a 36-hour Flash Tournament or something).

TokiChunsa
10-17-14, 05:37 AM
I wish they had given a complete 21st day instead of 20 days and some extra hours.

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 05:48 AM
I wish they had given a complete 21st day instead of 20 days and some extra hours.
They did. The event duration is 21 full days plus 1 hour.

The screenshot pictured on Page 1 of this thread was taken 22 hours into the event. It replaced the initial screenshot so that we could see further into the event development. Notice Zenobia was careful to put a note below that picture.

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 06:16 AM
I only have 244 so you ate better off then me. I wish I can finish this world event since I never got to get to the third one in ant of the events in DS. There should be more chances of getting them or a less amount if pumpkins. Maybe even boost up th es oh t for the cauldrons.

Unfortunately, the Fantasy Forest World Event is tougher than Dragon Story's World Event in several ways:

1. Forest is using the Mine which has variable drop rates for pumpkins (can get 6, 4, 2, or even ZERO PUMPKINS with each rune you find). DS is using the Quest Outpost and (unlike regular quests) it ALWAYS returns the 4 items.

2. Forest must wait for a limited-run, high-challenge Tournament. DS get items from Tournaments AND from regular battles available all the time, every hour.

3. Forest has a 6-farm maximum. DS allows up to 7 farms.

4. Forest has only 1 nest. DS let's caretakers buy extra nests with gems.

The drop rate from all collection hubs (except the Forest Mine) in both games is the same -- 1 item per hour per building or process. Also, the number of items we must collect to earn the prizes are similar in both games. Yet Forest makes no special allowance for having fewer collection hubs.

So if the World Events are a challenge on DS with more collection opportunities, it will be even more daunting here. Again, I'm hoping TeamLava increases the pumpkin drops. In past events, they sometimes doubled the drop from the 4-hour collection units as well as the drops from battle victories. I've also seen them reduce the price of the premium collection unit (never low enough for me to actually buy one though).

my607
10-17-14, 06:31 AM
I'm hoping today we can get tournaments or battles which ever one that can give us more pumpkins for this event. I think it's unfair that we only have one tree nest. We should be able to have two one is just not enough and the breeding time for most eggs are always so long. It would be nice if the tree nest cost coins instead of gems.

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 06:40 AM
I'm hoping today we can get tournaments or battles which ever one that can give us more pumpkins for this event. I think it's unfair that we only have one tree nest. We should be able to have two one is just not enough and the breeding time for most eggs are always so long. It would be nice if the tree nest cost coins instead of gems.

Ah yes, it should be noted that the long tedious breedings, while they require less frequent log-ins for the pumpkin drops of their eggs, they delay how long one must wait for 2 measly bombs which may or may not produce pumpkins in the Mine.
We can of course buy eggs if the nest is idle during a long breeding, but we need those bombs.

Satyr Sanctuary is out of bombs and the jokers in the Garden decided now would be a great time to produce a 22-hour duplicate of either Terradactyl or Hippogryph. So it will be nearly a day before I can mine again and yes, I will have to buy and sell eggs in the meantime, then watch the nest for another day with a breeding pair stuck behind it. They'll probably make a Rainguin then.

Bambamstad
10-17-14, 06:49 AM
The last four boms that I used did not give me any pumpkins.
But so far i have 450 pumpkins. Unfortunately my wife forgot to take out the food and breeding that was finished, so lost a couple of hours. I was lucky to have mystic mango and a 16 hour egg ready to start with.

TokiChunsa
10-17-14, 07:01 AM
Ah yes, it should be noted that the long tedious breedings, while they require less frequent log-ins for the pumpkin drops of their eggs, they delay how long one must wait for 2 measly bombs which may or may not produce pumpkins in the Mine.
We can of course buy eggs if the nest is idle during a long breeding, but we need those bombs.

Satyr Sanctuary is out of bombs and the jokers in the Garden decided now would be a great time to produce a 22-hour duplicate of either Terradactyl or Hippogryph. So it will be nearly a day before I can mine again and yes, I will have to buy and sell eggs in the meantime, then watch the nest for another day with a breeding pair stuck behind it. They'll probably make a Rainguin then.

You can also try breeding with low breeding hr combos. I'm trying for a Jackalope. Sadly Fairy a Ferrets breedings give only one bomb.

TokiChunsa
10-17-14, 07:03 AM
Unfortunately, the Fantasy Forest World Event is tougher than Dragon Story's World Event in several ways:

1. Forest is using the Mine which has variable drop rates for pumpkins (can get 6, 4, 2, or even ZERO PUMPKINS with each rune you find). DS is using the Quest Outpost and (unlike regular quests) it ALWAYS returns the 4 items.

2. Forest must wait for a limited-run, high-challenge Tournament. DS get items from Tournaments AND from regular battles available all the time, every hour.

The drop rate from all collection hubs (except the Forest Mine) in both games is the same -- 1 item per hour per building or process. Also, the number of items we must collect to earn the prizes appear to be the same in both games. Yet Forest makes no special allowance for having fewer collection hubs.

So if the World Events are a challenge on DS with more collection opportunities, it will be even more daunting here. Again, I'm hoping TeamLava increases the pumpkin drops. In past events, they sometimes doubled the drop from the 4-hour collection units as well as the drops from battle victories. I've also seen them reduce the price of the premium collection unit (never low enough for me to actually buy one though).

I'm hoping that by a miracle they give pumpkins for visiting neighbors, for expanding and maybe hidden ones when you collect coins from your habitats. Or maybe leave pumpkins instead of coins for neighbors.

my607
10-17-14, 07:06 AM
I'm hoping that by a miracle they give pumpkins for visiting neighbors, for expanding and maybe hidden ones when you collect coins from your habitats. Or maybe leave pumpkins instead of coins for neighbors.

I doubt that TL will give pumpkins for visiting neighbors that would be too easy and too fast. That's good idea but not going to happen.

TokiChunsa
10-17-14, 07:09 AM
I doubt that TL will give pumpkins for visiting neighbors that would be too easy and too fast. That's good idea but not going to happen.

Sadly, yes. Though hidden pumpkins in the habitats are good. Or at least give us goals to get pumpkins.

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 08:00 AM
You can also try breeding with low breeding hr combos. I'm trying for a Jackalope. Sadly Fairy a Ferrets breedings give only one bomb.

Bombs drop at the rate of 1 for every 6 hours of breeding. Longer breeds mean you have to wait longer for the bombs, but you should still net about 4 bombs per day on average. If you breed a Ferret, you will only get a bomb if you have time carried forward from previous breedings whose time was not a whole multiple of 6. You can carry forward up to 5 hours, so you may breed up to 5 Ferrets in a row before you eventually see one that drops zero bombs.

3-hour breeds are too frequent for me though. 3 is too short; 22 is too long. LOL The 22-hour breeding would be ready for the nest in the middle of my sleep time, so I will speed the last few hours before I go to bed. If a short breed comes behind it, I'll be speeding the egg when I wake up. Waiting out such incongruent Garden-versus-Nest times is a big part of the reason I'm behind on pumpkins, I think. Time to bridge the gap.

zenobia42
10-17-14, 08:03 AM

The drop rate from all collection hubs (except the Forest Mine) in both games is the same -- 1 item per hour per building or process. Also, the number of items we must collect to earn the prizes appear to be the same in both games. Yet Forest makes no special allowance for having fewer collection hubs.

WOW. We are totally screwed in FFS as compared to DS. If it generally takes nearly the whole event time to complete it in DS, then we have NO CHANCE unless they give us significant boosts to what we can earn now. And not just boosts to items that cost $$$, because the majority of players will not spend $$ on it. We NEED pumpkin-generating boosts to everyday gathering to have even the slightest chance. Argh!