PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat World Event 10/14/14

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

zenobia42
10-17-14, 08:05 AM
Ah yes, it should be noted that the long tedious breedings, while they require less frequent log-ins for the pumpkin drops of their eggs, they delay how long one must wait for 2 measly bombs which may or may not produce pumpkins in the Mine.
We can of course buy eggs if the nest is idle during a long breeding, but we need those bombs.

Satyr Sanctuary is out of bombs and the jokers in the Garden decided now would be a great time to produce a 22-hour duplicate of either Terradactyl or Hippogryph. So it will be nearly a day before I can mine again and yes, I will have to buy and sell eggs in the meantime, then watch the nest for another day with a breeding pair stuck behind it. They'll probably make a Rainguin then.

The good news is that it's GREAT to have 2 terradactyls or hippogryphs! Though you can't be starved for cions so I guess duplicate super rares mean nothing to you. To me every super rare, even if it's one I have is GREAT news. But I absolutely NEED every super rare I can lay my hands on to have any hope of being able to expand again when they open up new expansions (today I am REALLY hoping).

TokiChunsa
10-17-14, 08:13 AM
Bombs drop at the rate of 1 for every 6 hours of breeding. Longer breeds mean you have to wait longer for the bombs, but you should still net about 4 bombs per day on average. If you breed a Ferret, you will only get a bomb if you have time carried forward from previous breedings whose time was not a whole multiple of 6. You can carry forward up to 5 hours, so you may breed up to 5 Ferrets in a row before you eventually see one that drops zero bombs.

3-hour breeds are too frequent for me though. 3 is too short; 22 is too long. LOL The 22-hour breeding would be ready for the nest in the middle of my sleep time, so I will speed the last few hours before I go to bed. If a short breed comes behind it, I'll be speeding the egg when I wake up. Waiting out such incongruent Garden-versus-Nest times is a big part of the reason I'm behind on pumpkins, I think. Time to bridge the gap.

I won't mind 10 to 20 hrs if it's something I don't have. If it's duplicates then it's a waste of time. We need more pumpkin dropping opportunities.

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 08:33 AM
The good news is that it's GREAT to have 2 terradactyls or hippogryphs! Though you can't be starved for cions so I guess duplicate super rares mean nothing to you. To me every super rare, even if it's one I have is GREAT news. But I absolutely NEED every super rare I can lay my hands on to have any hope of being able to expand again when they open up new expansions (today I am REALLY hoping).

Heheh. These things will mess with your head. I'm so hung up on pumpkins right now, I forgot to be duly excited at the prospect of another Electric super. IT'S A FREAKIN ELECTRIC SUPER!!!! Yeah! What's wrong with me? There I was referring to the wonderful breeding couple (Shock Fox & Chromadile) as jokers after they worked so hard to pull that off in my Curse-Of-Commons forest. They're probably grumbling "There's 22 pumpkins in this precious bundle, you know."

Expansions today, huh? I want some of what's in your coffee.
But aren't you broke with your making-over-a-million-coins-per-day-but-can't-afford-to-clear-the-six-Fail-Shales-from-the-30th-expansion forest? LOL.
How's that Unicorn?

zenobia42
10-17-14, 08:36 AM
Heheh. These things will mess with your head. I'm so hung up on pumpkins right now, I forgot to be duly excited at the prospect of another Electric super. IT'S A FREAKIN ELECTRIC SUPER!!!! Yeah! What's wrong with me? There I was referring to the wonderful breeding couple (Shock Fox & Chromadile) as jokers after they worked so hard to pull that off in my Curse-Of-Commons forest. They're probably grumbling "There's 22 pumpkins in this precious bundle, you know."

Can't see the Fantasy Forest for the trees? lol.

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 08:52 AM
WOW. We are totally screwed in FFS as compared to DS. If it generally takes nearly the whole event time to complete it in DS, then we have NO CHANCE unless they give us significant boosts to what we can earn now. And not just boosts to items that cost $$$, because the majority of players will not spend $$ on it. We NEED pumpkin-generating boosts to everyday gathering to have even the slightest chance. Argh!

Easy, lady, easy. Don't go off the deep end just yet. I don't think they will allow an epic fail on the very first Fantasy Forest World Event. Let's see what opportunities they create for us this weekend. If there's no break in sight by Tuesday, THEN we absolutely must make a ruckus. Not today. It's Fantasy Forest Friday! When magical things happen!!!
(Yup. Red Bull in the Pepsi again.)

zenobia42
10-17-14, 08:53 AM
Easy, lady, easy. Don't go off the deep end just yet. I don't think they will allow an epic fail on the very first Fantasy Forest World Event. Let's see what opportunities they create for us this weekend. If there's no break in sight by Tuesday, THEN we absolutely must make a ruckus. Not today. It's Fantasy Forest Friday! When magical things happen!!!
(Yup. Red Bull in the Pepsi again.)

lmao! Yes, of course. In fact, I'd say we should wait a week, until next Friday's update, to write it off as impossible or not without a pumpkin-generating boost.

ETA: The fact that the number of event items required for each of the 3 community prizes remains hidden until that stage is in reach is, IMO, their way of ensuring we can make the goals if we put in the good effort. The first goal is 80 mil. The third goal right now could be set at 500 mil and they change it to say 300 mil based on the results of the first week without us knowing because we are in the dark until we complete goal 2. I suspect that they can and do change those numbers at will in all the games based on the actual rates we all play early on in each event.

seekerbears
10-17-14, 09:44 AM
FINALLY I got my werewolf and less than 100 away until my eligible for community prizes

seekerbears
10-17-14, 09:52 AM
At this rate I will barley make it to the vampire cat ugh 3,300 if way to much for just breeding and crops

my607
10-17-14, 10:04 AM
At this rate I will barley make it to the vampire cat ugh 3,300 if way to much for just breeding and crops

They should add pumpkins for evolving animals and hope they add some battles too. It's only this game that it's hard to earn pumpkins for world event.

seekerbears
10-17-14, 10:12 AM
They should add pumpkins for evolving animals and hope they add some battles too. It's only this game that it's hard to earn pumpkins for world event.

I agree otherwise not many people are going to make to the last few prizes

Bambamstad
10-17-14, 10:13 AM
Come on people, we just started. The first world event in castle story was reachable for most players. And they got only two weeks.
In three weeks we can do it.
For example, A lot of players finish a tournament that last for six days in three days.

So if you keep growing the mystic mangos and keep your hatching den full we can reach the 3300 pumpkins.

What makes it easier for me is that i do not really participate in workd events at other games.

seekerbears
10-17-14, 10:21 AM
Come on people, we just started. The first world event in castle story was reachable for most players. And they got only two weeks.
In three weeks we can do it.
For example, A lot of players finish a tournament that last for six days in three days.

So if you keep growing the mystic mangos and keep your hatching den full we can reach the 3300 pumpkins.

What makes it easier for me is that i do not really participate in workd events at other games.
I don't participate in other world events ether but I only have 514 pumpkins and I feel like I'm so far behind

zenobia42
10-17-14, 10:28 AM
I don't participate in other world events ether but I only have 514 pumpkins and I feel like I'm so far behind

You shouldn't feel behind! I have 456 and I feel like I'm right on target.

Doing some quick math, to get 3300 pumpkins in 21 day means 157 a day. We are not yet 3 full days into the event. For the number of days and hours we are into the event, we should right now have at least 416 to be on track. So you are totally ahead of the game!

Bambamstad
10-17-14, 10:28 AM

You are not definite not far behind. The event hasn't passed three days yet. And you are almost at one sixth of the individual total. So at this speed you will reach the skeleton dragon at day 18 or 19.

Good luck everybody. And thumbs up that there will be a tournament at which we can earn more pumpkins

kooky panda
10-17-14, 10:34 AM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/4b20a9a3-bec1-46cd-9d37-86f8ab99a897_zps1ee793d7.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/4b20a9a3-bec1-46cd-9d37-86f8ab99a897_zps1ee793d7.png.html)

saucysammis
10-17-14, 10:45 AM
Posting for posterity.

I came here after finishing my tournaments to see what else to occupy myself with. That's when I found out there was a world event, and that I needed to update, and that I was 24 hours behind. My game notified me of the event 24 hours after I started. I expect that the event is set up so that players such as myself could reach all goals. It looks like I gained nearly 200 pumpkins in my first 24 hrs. I'm now at 312, and part way through the second 24. I'm hopeful that I can make it to all prizes with a couple of days to spare as I do in other team lava games with only semi obsessive playing.

I made a cursory visit of all my neighbors to search their forests for cauldrons yesterday. Only a couple of them had them. I expect that players who are more than 72 hours late may have to use a few gems to get to the end.

My strategery is to plant 20 hr crops, along with either 1 or 5 hr crops so as to maximize a daily 24 pumpkins from each farm. I might try doing 8 hr crops on a few days once I get my timing right. Better go check them now!

I am active every day in ff,rs,bs. I Accept neighbors, if I don't always visit it is because my internet is not friendly.

zenobia42
10-17-14, 10:57 AM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/4b20a9a3-bec1-46cd-9d37-86f8ab99a897_zps1ee793d7.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/4b20a9a3-bec1-46cd-9d37-86f8ab99a897_zps1ee793d7.png.html)

Oooh, now I'm even more excited to get my werewolf egg! Should happen in 5-6 hours. :D

xxxe
10-17-14, 10:59 AM
I usually check the forums everyday just because I'm a big TL games fAn. Sadly I went all this week without checking and when I came on yesterday I noticed I was two days behind! I have 200 pumpkins so I guess I'm just going to set my alarm clock for every 4 hours (yes, even at night!) and ill try to plant nothing but 5 hour food. I have no gems left because i soent 120 on the last tournament.. Good luck everyone!

my607
10-17-14, 11:02 AM
Oooh, now I'm even more excited to get my werewolf egg! Should happen in 5-6 hours. :D

That's great Zen. I hope to get my werewolf tommorrow sometime. I hope I do get all the individual prizes after my two unlucky fiasco. But I'm not the only one who lost their pumpkins.

SHINeeFan23
10-17-14, 11:08 AM

I get mine in about 3-4 hours. I'm excited to get it :)

TokiChunsa
10-17-14, 11:41 AM
I'm definitely behind. I only have 296 pumpkins.

seekerbears
10-17-14, 11:45 AM
Does anyone else see the value pack below the pumpkin? It says it costs 0.00$ and its 75% off I clicked it and it closed out the app I'm so confused how much does it really cost?

seekerbears
10-17-14, 11:47 AM
This is what I'm talking about every time I click it the app closes out?

Crr008
10-17-14, 11:53 AM

mine says the pack is $9.99

zenobia42
10-17-14, 11:55 AM

WEIRD! Mine says it's $9.99 from $39.99. Sale valid for 4 days.

And sadly, no pumpkins are part of the package. Instead, realm runes that many of of cannot use either because we are near the realm runes cap or have finished expanding. I REALLY wish they'd offer more expansions. If they did that during this Value Pack sale, I bet a TON more people would buy it. HUGE missed opportunity on their part IMO.

seekerbears
10-17-14, 12:01 PM
WEIRD! Mine says it's $9.99 from $39.99. Sale valid for 4 days.

And sadly, no pumpkins are part of the package. Instead, realm runes that many of of cannot use either because we are near the realm runes cap or have finished expanding. I REALLY wish they'd offer more expansions. If they did that during this Value Pack sale, I bet a TON more people would buy it. HUGE missed opportunity on their part IMO.

Oh I'll try deleting it and re downloading it

Bambamstad
10-17-14, 12:29 PM
4 more pumpkins and werewolf egg will be in my storage, one hour to go for it....

zenobia42
10-17-14, 12:29 PM
Oh I'll try deleting it and re downloading it

Did that work for you I hope?

my607
10-17-14, 01:42 PM
How many realm runes are we allow to store?

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 01:47 PM
Okay, now I HIGHLY TICKED OFF. As if there were not already so many inequalities, Dragon Story now has a 3-day special Flash Tournament where players can get (you guessed it) DOUBLE the number of World Event items that they would get for victories in the always-up-and-running-with-unlimited-opponents Battle Arena. In tournament mode, two Witch's Brews are awarded instead of one on the way to winning the new Frightmare dragon.

What do we get in Fantasy Forest? A Value Pack (first of many to come) for a super Dark, food and runes, but NO PUMPKINS. The DS value packs offered during World Events ALWAYS have Event items. The current value pack over there offers one of the most elusuve freakin DIAMOND HYBRIDS, plus 200, I say TWO HUNDRED Witch's Brews.

So no pumpkins for our regular (and in many cases unavailable) battles; no special weekend tournament to pick up extra pumpkins; no pumpkins in the value pack. Booooo! Foul.

Pass me a bucket. I need to throw up.

SANDSCApe
10-17-14, 01:48 PM

As many as you need for your next expansion.

"Only this, and nothing more."

my607
10-17-14, 02:03 PM
Ok thanks

seekerbears
10-17-14, 02:04 PM
Okay, now I HIGHLY TICKED OFF. As if there were not already so many inequalities, Dragon Story now has a 3-day special Flash Tournament where players can get (you guessed it) DOUBLE the number of World Event items that they would get for victories in the always-up-and-running-with-unlimited-opponents Battle Arena. In tournament mode, two Witch's Brews are awarded instead of one on the way to winning the new Frightmare dragon.

What do we get in Fantasy Forest? A Value Pack (first of many to come) for a super Dark, food and runes, but NO PUMPKINS. The DS value packs offered during World Events ALWAYS have Event items. The current value pack over there offers one of the most elusuve freakin DIAMOND HYBRIDS, plus 200, I say TWO HUNDRED Witch's Brews.

So no pumpkins for our regular (and in many cases unavailable) battles; no special weekend tournament to pick up extra pumpkins; no pumpkins in the value pack. Booooo! Foul.

Pass me a bucket. I need to throw up.

And I thought I was the only one that thought that I am to very pissed off

seekerbears
10-17-14, 02:08 PM
Guys don't freak out yet! If you play dragon story you have probably noticed there's a 3 day tournament well I think FFS might add a 3 day tournament to but maybe later in the day because if you remember there world event started before ours and ours came a few hours later so you never know

zenobia42
10-17-14, 02:16 PM

Only as many as required for the next expansion. EXCEPT that I asked in the bugs & issues folder (link) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74178-Question-about-the-Value-Pack-sale) and they said that if you buy the Value Pack, you will get ALL runes in the pack even if that puts you above your limit.

zenobia42
10-17-14, 02:18 PM
Guys don't freak out yet! If you play dragon story you have probably noticed there's a 3 day tournament well I think FFS might add a 3 day tournament to but maybe later in the day because if you remember there world event started before ours and ours came a few hours later so you never know

Anything is possible! So is a full-length tournament next Tuesday or the one after. :)

Regardless, even if there is a mini- or full tournament, overall we CLEARLY have much, much less opportunity ot gather event items than they do in DS. I really hope that the number required to win the world events prizes 2&3 are threfore MUCH lower in FFS than they are in DS.

seekerbears
10-17-14, 02:27 PM
Anything is possible! So is a full-length tournament next Tuesday or the one after. :)

Regardless, even if there is a mini- or full tournament, overall we CLEARLY have much, much less opportunity ot gather event items than they do in DS. I really hope that the number required to win the world events prizes 2&3 are threfore MUCH lower in FFS than they are in DS.
I agree we'll just have to wait and see

SHINeeFan23
10-17-14, 03:07 PM
Finally i reached 500. I feel like i should have more pumpkins lol.

bluefoxcrystal
10-17-14, 03:25 PM
And I thought I was the only one that thought that I am to very pissed off

Lol! Maybe you guys should stop comparing the 2 events and just enjoy what each has to offer... Besides...
Pumpkins! Pumpkins! Pumpkins! And a witches brew too many! Weeeeeeee!

Hawksmoor
10-17-14, 03:56 PM
You shouldn't feel behind! I have 456 and I feel like I'm right on target.

Doing some quick math, to get 3300 pumpkins in 21 day means 157 a day. We are not yet 3 full days into the event. For the number of days and hours we are into the event, we should right now have at least 416 to be on track. So you are totally ahead of the game!

We'll if that's the case then I'm royally pooched. I only have 362 pumpkins. But I'm also not home for approx 12 hours a day (except weekends) :-( Hopefully I can catch up a bit on the weekend

zenobia42
10-17-14, 04:05 PM
We'll if that's the case then I'm royally pooched. I only have 362 pumpkins. But I'm also not home for approx 12 hours a day (except weekends) :-( Hopefully I can catch up a bit on the weekend

Maybe you can start planting the 20-hour fruits at bedtime, then 1-hour fruits in the evening after harvesting those, to get the ever-important 24 fruits per day per farm? If you can't check in for 12 hours, you can't collect from the cauldron but 3 times a day, but you CAN get the maximum pumpkins from farms per day. :)

Hawksmoor
10-17-14, 04:14 PM
Maybe you can start planting the 20-hour fruits at bedtime, then 1-hour fruits in the evening after harvesting those, to get the ever-important 24 fruits per day per farm? If you can't check in for 12 hours, you can't collect from the cauldron but 3 times a day, but you CAN get the maximum pumpkins from farms per day. :)

Thanks for the tips zenobia :-) When I get up in the morning, before I go to work I quickly harvest mangos that I planted the night before and quickly plant 6 more. I get 8 pumpkins per farm so that's helping. And then when I get home I plant more mangos. Maybe I'll start planting 1 hr crops in the evening and plant the big ones before I go to bed. Or set my alarm to get up every 4 hours to collect from my cauldron. LOL!

roguebee
10-17-14, 04:23 PM
The key appears to be keeping the farms fully occupied. I just earned my werewolf and should qualify for the community prizes tomorrow morning.

zenobia42
10-17-14, 04:39 PM
The key appears to be keeping the farms fully occupied. I just earned my werewolf and should qualify for the community prizes tomorrow morning.

Congrats! I JUST got mine, too. I'll incubate the egg overnight. :)

And ITA that keeping the farms going as close to 24/7 as possible is the key. That is 144 pumpkins a day right there. And the nest is second-most important. Though the nest can be much more difficult to manage if you can't be online all day and/or get very different breeding times one after the other. So that's why it's good to have that cauldron to get at the very least 8 pumpkins per day from, twice that for those who can sneak into the game during the day (here's a tip: if your desk typically has a few stacks of paper on it, and people don't walk by with a view of what you are doing all the time, keep your iPad or phone under a pile of papers near you/your keyboard. Just lift the pile up on the side nearest you and play when you won't get caught. I've done this for years lol.)

seekerbears
10-17-14, 07:39 PM
My werewolf is evolving to its teen form and I now have 674 pumpkins and got my first community prize

zenobia42
10-17-14, 07:53 PM
My werewolf is evolving to its teen form and I now have 674 pumpkins and got my first community prize

I was JUST going to ask if someone was online who had at least 600 pumpkins could tell us how close we are to getting the first community prize - you're saying we got it already? HOORAY!!!!! How many total pumpkins are required for the second community prize? I'm so excited!!!

Melis2a84
10-17-14, 07:59 PM
I have just received first community prize we still away from second

seekerbears
10-17-14, 08:37 PM
I was JUST going to ask if someone was online who had at least 600 pumpkins could tell us how close we are to getting the first community prize - you're saying we got it already? HOORAY!!!!! How many total pumpkins are required for the second community prize? I'm so excited!!!

210,000,000 for the second prize:)

SHINeeFan23
10-17-14, 09:38 PM
210,000,000 for the second prize:)

1 down 2 to go. I'm also there. The pumpkins that we have already do they count already for the community or until we reach 600 they start?

GameOfFarms
10-17-14, 09:56 PM
Apologies, as I haven't read through the whole thread and it's the first time I've come on the FF forum (despite playing from the beginning). I read the first page and almost died when I saw that I should have had the cauldron out. When I won it a few days ago, I don't remember any directions stating to put it out and collect from it!!! Gah! This whole time I've been wondering why the pumpkins came from so few places and how on earth I was going to be able to achieve the higher prizes *roll eyes*

seekerbears
10-17-14, 11:24 PM
1 down 2 to go. I'm also there. The pumpkins that we have already do they count already for the community or until we reach 600 they start?

I think the pumpkins we already have count towards the goal

SANDSCApe
10-18-14, 02:43 AM

Yes, that totally works UNLESS, you fall asleep WHILE playing the game and don't get that bedtime bumper crop planted. Yup. I fell asleep last night before I could replace Forest Gump's short crops with the 20-hour crops, so the farms have been idling away as I slept.

I also forgot to rush Satyr Sanctuary's 22-hour breed to the nest, so the Garden AND the Nest have both been idle there. But there's more to THAT story. Wait till I tell you what delightful disaster happened at my Tree of Life. (Next post.)

Bambamstad
10-18-14, 03:02 AM
Sand, I can't hardly wait....really curious

SANDSCApe
10-18-14, 03:06 AM

... The 22-hour breeding would be ready for the nest in the middle of my sleep time, so I will speed the last few hours before I go to bed. If a short breed comes behind it, I'll be speeding the egg when I wake up. Waiting out such incongruent Garden-versus-Nest times is a big part of the reason I'm behind on pumpkins, I think. Time to bridge the gap.

Ummm... Yah. Wha had happened wuz... My plans to get my Tree Of Life up to speed in Satyr Sanctuary fell through because I fell asleep. Instead of rushing to the Nest, the 22-hour spawn spent most of the night waiting in the Garden, looking at a Rhino egg idling on the Nest.

Well, upon awaking (gasp!), I tossed the Rhino and plopped the new egg on the Nest. Hippogryph. I was still too groggy to come up with the ideal pair to follow this day-long hatching, so I put the Shock Fox & Chromadile back in the Garden. (Please, no Rainguin. Please, no Raingiun. No Rainguin, please, please, please.)...

...Timer: 44:59:57....
Holy freakin'... WHAT??!! Get the truck outta here. They're doing this NOW? What is up with this pair?
Why won't this happen on one of the other 2 forests that don't yet have a Unicorn?

Well, hooray for Satyr Sanctuary. It looks like I'll be buying a day's worth of eggs after Hippogryph hatches and will have to partly speed a Unicorn egg, depending on what comes after it. This is so crazy.

I'm not sure where all of this leaves my pumpkin picking situation. I think I'm just gonna keep collecting what I can, and see what happens. Still no Werewolf in sight for any of our 3 forests.

Bambamstad
10-18-14, 03:20 AM
Sand, how far away are you from the werewolf? Because while the unicorn is breeding, you can easily hatch the werewolf egg...hihi, trying to give a positive view on the fact that you get your second unicorn right now..

SANDSCApe
10-18-14, 04:35 AM
Sand, how far away are you from the werewolf? Because while the unicorn is breeding, you can easily hatch the werewolf egg...hihi, trying to give a positive view on the fact that you get your second unicorn right now..

Satyr Sanctuary has 486 pumpkins and the other 2 forests have less. I'm only using Werewolf as a milestone to measure progress. But yes, I will have that egg by the time Hippogryph hatches, so I may throw it on the Nest instead of buying eggs. Good tip, because I have a habit of forgetting eggs in storage. Thank you!

Bambamstad
10-18-14, 04:45 AM
Satyr Sanctuary has 486 pumpkins and the other 2 forests have less. I'm only using Werewolf as a milestone to measure progress. But yes, I will have that egg by the time Hippogryph hatches, so I may throw it on the Nest instead of buying eggs. Good tip, because I have a habit of forgetting eggs in storage. Thank you!

Your welcome. Your tips help me a lot, so I am happy I can do anything in return.

BTw, just reached 600 pumpkins and placed the tree of doom....hope it helps me breed the frankenswine

my607
10-18-14, 06:26 AM
They need to give out more pumpkins in the mine. I have been there about seven times to the mine and got two pumpkins. Plus, we don't have battles to get pumpkins. I'm close to 600 pumpkins now. I got the werewolf yesterday it's in storage.

Hawksmoor
10-18-14, 06:36 AM
I put the Shock Fox & Chromadile back in the Garden. (Please, no Rainguin. Please, no Raingiun. No Rainguin, please, please, please.)...

...Timer: 44:59:57....
Holy freakin'... WHAT??!! Get the truck outta here. They're doing this NOW? What is up with this pair?
Why won't this happen on one of the other 2 forests that don't yet have a Unicorn?

Well, hooray for Satyr Sanctuary. It looks like I'll be buying a day's worth of eggs after Hippogryph hatches and will have to partly speed a Unicorn egg, depending on what comes after it. This is so crazy.

I'm not sure where all of this leaves my pumpkin picking situation. I think I'm just gonna keep collecting what I can, and see what happens. Still no Werewolf in sight for any of our 3 forests.

Wow Sand, what rotten luck you have :-p

Hawksmoor
10-18-14, 07:10 AM
I find it ironic that for a game that is so gem focused that you can't speed up your cauldron with gems! I'd be willing to throw a few gems at it if this was an option. Oh well.

Jennerwein1
10-18-14, 08:50 AM
I have 577 pumpkins with 8 hrs farming and cauldron. Not much mining, no bombs, sitting on Zapra (23 hrs!) with 4.5 hrs more to go. Will see how many pumpkins I will get from that one. Questions: I need 22 runes to expand, have 6, want to buy the pack where you get 25. Will storage let me go over 22 runes? Mine will not let me mine past the need for expansion. So can I have 31 in storage? (Sorry for the lengthy question)

otgland
10-18-14, 08:54 AM
I'm not getting any pumpkins from the battlegrounds????

shepsville
10-18-14, 09:03 AM
I have 577 pumpkins with 8 hrs farming and cauldron. Not much mining, no bombs, sitting on Zapra (23 hrs!) with 4.5 hrs more to go. Will see how many pumpkins I will get from that one. Questions: I need 22 runes to expand, have 6, want to buy the pack where you get 25. Will storage let me go over 22 runes? Mine will not let me mine past the need for expansion. So can I have 31 in storage? (Sorry for the lengthy question)

Yes Jenner you can I bought the pack and currently have 43 Runes in stock Hun YAY!

shepsville
10-18-14, 09:05 AM
I'm not getting any pumpkins from the battlegrounds????

You won't Otgland, only from Tournaments, hope that helps?

SANDSCApe
10-18-14, 09:42 AM

Yes, you get to store any Value Pack runes that are over your limit. But when you mine, you won't get any. You won't be able to mine for more runes until you expand enough to use up your regular allowance PLUS the extras you got in your Value Pack.

Of course, you can still mine for pumpkins, assuming you have bombs. But I just don't get why the Value Pack didn't include pumpkins or, at the very least, bombs. Runes won't get us pumpkins.

I can imagine how annoying this must be for a player who has done all the expansions and already has 50 runes in storage that can't be used for anything anytime soon. This package would put that player's balance at 75 runes, but not a single pumpkin richer. Well, I guess the package is really for those who really, really want that Gargolem. He comes with enough yum-yums to raise him to Level 10. Then maybe he'll fight in a tournament and win pumpkins. Yeah, that's it.

SANDSCApe
10-18-14, 09:54 AM
Zenobia, on the front page, you have Werewolf with incubation of 16 hours and evolution of 13 hours. Do you have it reversed? I was so sure I saw a pic somewhere in the thread if a Werewolf egg with a 13-hour timer.

Also, I doubt whether that Pumpkin Patch will be anything other than just decoration. There is no mention of it in the Event's in-game information section on how to get pumpkins. So I'd be very surprised if it turns out to be a pumpkin collector.

Hawksmoor
10-18-14, 10:25 AM
Zenobia, on the front page, you have Werewolf with incubation of 16 hours and evolution of 13 hours. Do you have it reversed? I was so sure I saw a pic somewhere in the thread if a Werewolf egg with a 13-hour timer.

Just put my Werewolf egg in the nest. 13 hrs to hatch.

Jennerwein1
10-18-14, 10:43 AM
Thank you shepsville and Sandscape. Have been trying for gargolem, but will wait a couple of days, to use bombs for pumpkins first.

Jennerwein1
10-18-14, 11:16 AM
Zapra: 23 pumpkins, 24 hr evolve time. So I guess we get 1 pumpkin/ hr hatch time.

cquinn32
10-18-14, 12:15 PM
So if our community total is over 84 million and we need 210 million for the habitat shouldn't that green line be at least a third of the way around the circle? Or are we starting over and need another 210 million?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/5fa1cc033235d5dc826538dd85c3e464_zps810c384a.jpg

my607
10-18-14, 12:51 PM
I was going to ask if anyone got the haunted hollow habitat? But it seems like moving very slow.

flowless
10-18-14, 01:01 PM
So if our community total is over 84 million and we need 210 million for the habitat shouldn't that green line be at least a third of the way around the circle? Or are we starting over and need another 210 million?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/5fa1cc033235d5dc826538dd85c3e464_zps810c384a.jpg
I think the circle represent the remaing 130,000,000
Counting the previous 80 (first circle

Zummat
10-18-14, 01:04 PM

That's how these things work. Once the community total shows 210,000,000 then we all get the habitat.

zenobia42
10-18-14, 01:04 PM
Incubation / evolution times corrected! Thanks for catching that, folks. I also found and added the times for the skeletal dragon.

Patt1
10-18-14, 01:06 PM
i completed all the arena long ago, now i cannot get extra pumkins from that, i really wish for some random battling, not only for extra animonster (new word hehe) . anyways good luck everyone !

Zummat
10-18-14, 01:08 PM
This world event takes longer to collect items than on dragon story. For one thing we are only allowed one nest here so hatching eggs to get pumpkins takes longer and the battlegrounds and tournament arena are not open. I have 519 pumpkins so far.

my607
10-18-14, 01:17 PM
I lost my pumpkins twice and I have 666 pumpkins now.

seekerbears
10-18-14, 01:17 PM
I have 817 pumpkins around Monday I'll probably have the 3rd prize

TokiChunsa
10-18-14, 01:28 PM
The game is still fairly new and the community not as big as DS. I hope we can get all the prizes. It's still too much pumpkins thou.

cquinn32
10-18-14, 01:36 PM

Ok yeah that makes sense

sweetypies97
10-18-14, 01:57 PM
They should give pumpkins for evolving animals!

I only have 265 pumpkins - I have one grand farm and 5 smalls. I don't have the room to upgrade them, so I will have to settle for fewer prizes. Oh well.

TokiChunsa
10-18-14, 03:43 PM
They should give pumpkins for evolving animals!

I only have 265 pumpkins - I have one grand farm and 5 smalls. I don't have the room to upgrade them, so I will have to settle for fewer prizes. Oh well.

I was thinking about this too. It would help tremendously. If you can get 175 pumpkins a day, then you'll have 3500 in 20 days. Keep breeding since you get 1 pumpkin for each hour the egg is on the nest.

my607
10-18-14, 04:42 PM
We should get pumpkins for expanding just spent about two million.

Jennerwein1
10-18-14, 04:48 PM
TL: help! In FS and DS the specials read $0.00 instead of $9.99. When I click on it the game crashes. Wanted to get both, so help please! Anybody else had this happen? Force closing does not help.

zenobia42
10-18-14, 05:13 PM
TL: help! In FS and DS the specials read $0.00 instead of $9.99. When I click on it the game crashes. Wanted to get both, so help please! Anybody else had this happen? Force closing does not help.

You might have to delete and reinstall the apps.

Jennerwein1
10-18-14, 06:04 PM
Now back to normal. Go figure. Thank you though zenobia42.

MelodicStars
10-18-14, 06:06 PM
I have 595 pumpkins (yay I know, just five more before I start helping out the community!) And I still have the cauldron to collect in about 2 hours so that's another four which leads to 599 -_-... I feel like I could've gotten more pumpkins, if the game didn't crash two times in a row when I was mining. I feel like the game did this to me on purpose ;-; but oh well, that 600 can wait till tomorrow........ Right?

With that in mind... if you reach 600 (the amount you need to be eligible for community prizes) BEFORE everybody has already gotten the first prize, will you also get it right away upon reaching the 600 mark? If that's not the case I'm probably gonna miss the Tree of Doom. But if it doesn't have any important signifigance then I guess I don't mind.. Can anybody still confirm if you can get the first prize even after everybody else has already gotten it?

SANDSCApe
10-18-14, 06:14 PM
Another day done. Thank goodness tomorrow will have 25 hours. LOL
The target for the end of today was 640 pumpkins. All 3 forests fell short, but Satyr Sanctuary and Vash-Naroom were close enough. Big push tomorrow.

Satyr Sanctuary: 628 (only 2 pumpkins from Nest today)
Forest Gump: 555 (none from the Mines)
Vash-Naroom: 607

SANDSCApe
10-18-14, 06:16 PM
I have 595 pumpkins (yay I know, just five more before I start helping out the community!) And I still have the cauldron to collect in about 2 hours so that's another four which leads to 599 -_-... I feel like I could've gotten more pumpkins, if the game didn't crash two times in a row when I was mining. I feel like the game did this to me on purpose ;-; but oh well, that 600 can wait till tomorrow........ Right?

With that in mind... if you reach 600 (the amount you need to be eligible for community prizes) BEFORE everybody has already gotten the first prize, will you also get it right away upon reaching the 600 mark? If that's not the case I'm probably gonna miss the Tree of Doom. But if it doesn't have any important signifigance then I guess I don't mind.. Can anybody still confirm if you can get the first prize even after everybody else has already gotten it?

Yes, you will. All prizes remain available until the very end.

You will get the first Community prize as soon as you reach 600 pumpkins, whether you're the first or the last to do so.

It doesn't matter how long you take to reach each prize as long as there is still time remaining on the Event clock. The only reason we pace ourselves is because we want to reach that last prize before it's all over.

Also, you are ALREADY helping the Community. Every single pumpkin collected by individuals is already counting toward the Community total.

MelodicStars
10-18-14, 06:19 PM
Yes, you will. All prizes remain available until the very end.
I see. Thanks for the info :D

my607
10-18-14, 07:30 PM
The haunted hollow habitat takes 16 hours to build

seekerbears
10-18-14, 09:13 PM
Is 867 pumpkins a good place to be?

SHINeeFan23
10-18-14, 09:28 PM
Is 867 pumpkins a good place to be?

It's better then my 747 Pumpkins lol but yeah I think yours is a good place.

A2TUDE
10-19-14, 02:39 AM
Ok I'm officially dreaming pumpkins ... I've been collecting none stop...I'm at 1652

my607
10-19-14, 04:14 AM
Ok I'm officially dreaming pumpkins ... I've been collecting none stop...I'm at 1652

That's a lot of pumpkins.

SANDSCApe
10-19-14, 05:38 AM

Okay, the Event has run nearly 4 1/2 days so far, so you've collected an average of more than 365 pumpkins a day.
However you're pulling that off, good for you!
When you get to that Skeletal Dragon, I hope you'll keep collecting at this pace, so maybe we can nail that Demon Yak at the end of the road.

TokiChunsa
10-19-14, 05:51 AM

How do you collect them so fast. Please teach me.

Hawksmoor
10-19-14, 06:07 AM
Hmmm. Since this event started I've bred two supers and a rare. Maybe TL is doing this thinking they're giving me a "treat" but it's really a "trick" giving me critters with longer breeding and hatch times so I'll use gems. Diabolical! Either way how can I really complain about it? Lol. Maybe I'll have more rotten luck and finally get my unicorn ;)

SANDSCApe
10-19-14, 06:39 AM
Hmmm. Since this event started I've bred two supers and a rare. Maybe TL is doing this thinking they're giving me a "treat" but it's really a "trick" giving me critters with longer breeding and hatch times so I'll use gems. Diabolical! Either way how can I really complain about it? Lol. Maybe I'll have more rotten luck and finally get my unicorn ;)

If it's one long breed after another, I just ride it out; it will work out the same in the end for pumpkins. But the short-long-short or long-short-long sequences can be murder. In those cases, I have to speed somewhere in order to avoid dead time at the Tree of Life. Must have perpetually ticking timers. Nest. Cauldron. Farms. Three forests. I'm going insane!!!

seekerbears
10-19-14, 07:23 AM
So I set my alarm during the night so I could collect my crops and it never went off so here I am waking up 2 hours later guess I'm not using my iPad for an alarm anymore I'm sticking with my phone

MelodicStars
10-19-14, 07:29 AM
The game keeps crashing whenever I use the mine :( And when I get back into the game, my bomb is used but I don't get any runes, food, coins, or pumpkins. Due to the crashing, I've lost a good handful of pumpkins PLUS if this continues I won't be able to expand because it's impossible for me to get any more runes.

Please fix this TL.

FigmentValley
10-19-14, 08:33 AM
Conducktor after conducktor after conducktor after conducktor......

At least the nest is consistently full. Though, without a second or third nest as in DS, I do not see how this can be properly finished......

infinitelove19
10-19-14, 08:47 AM
If it's one long breed after another, I just ride it out; it will work out the same in the end for pumpkins. But the short-long-short or long-short-long sequences can be murder. In those cases, I have to speed somewhere in order to avoid dead time at the Tree of Life. Must have perpetually ticking timers. Nest. Cauldron. Farms. Three forests. I'm going insane!!!

I am totally with you!!! Of course, since I started trying for the Frankenswine my times have been consistent. Nothing but 10 hour planthers. So it goes. I do hope there is enough time to collect enough pumpkins for all the prizes.

Definitely disappointed that the prize habitat will take so long to build. *sigh*

SHINeeFan23
10-19-14, 09:31 AM

I'm officially jealous right now lol I mean I know I'm about to reach 1000 today or tomorrow but your waaaay past that. But I see that you have 2 pumpkins cauldron I believe? Do the pumkin patch at 1000 give Pumkins or is it a decor?

zenobia42
10-19-14, 10:02 AM
We are at 89.7 million pumpkins right now as a community. Divide that by the 4 days, 15 hours we are into the tournament and that means we are producing 808k pumpkins per hour - WOW we are avid FFS fans! :D

It also means that we are on track to make a little over 400 million for the tournament. BUT if we assume people make more pumpkins on the weekend than during the weekdays, the 808k per hour (19.4mil per day) is probably NOT a pace we can keep up, since nearly half of the event so far has fallen on the weekend when overall only 2/7 of the tournament will be on weekends.

Can anyone confirm if the 81mil and 210mil milestones for community prizes in FFS the same as in DS? If not, what are they in DS? And more importantly, what is the FINAL milestone in DS? If they are 81, 210, x, we can expect our final milestone to be x as well. But if they are different numbers, if we know all 3 DS numbers, we can still extrapolate what the final FFS number will likely be based on those numbers. And pray it's significantly less than 400 mil!!!!!

CranberrySweet
10-19-14, 11:00 AM
I'm concerned that I seem to be pretty far behind a lot of people here. :| I'm only at 650, even though I'm breeding non stop and don't lose more than 3-4 hours a day due to sleep, I usually speed up breeding before I hit the sack so I don't waste time.

I'm also making food constantly. I suppose I might be a little late on collecting from my pumpkin at times. Don't know what else I can be doing? Already depleted all my mines. Got a fairly good return but they're gone now. You don't get too many from breeding.

shepsville
10-19-14, 11:05 AM
I'm officially jealous right now lol I mean I know I'm about to reach 1000 today or tomorrow but your waaaay past that. But I see that you have 2 pumpkins cauldron I believe? Do the pumkin patch at 1000 give Pumkins or is it a decor?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Pumpkin Patch is for decor only Hun :(

SHINeeFan23
10-19-14, 11:11 AM
We are at 89.7 million pumpkins right now as a community. Divide that by the 4 days, 15 hours we are into the tournament and that means we are producing 808k pumpkins per hour - WOW we are avid FFS fans! :D

It also means that we are on track to make a little over 400 million for the tournament. BUT if we assume people make more pumpkins on the weekend than during the weekdays, the 808k per hour (19.4mil per day) is probably NOT a pace we can keep up, since nearly half of the event so far has fallen on the weekend when overall only 2/7 of the tournament will be on weekends.

Can anyone confirm if the 81mil and 210mil milestones for community prizes in FFS the same as in DS? If not, what are they in DS? And more importantly, what is the FINAL milestone in DS? If they are 81, 210, x, we can expect our final milestone to be x as well. But if they are different numbers, if we know all 3 DS numbers, we can still extrapolate what the final FFS number will likely be based on those numbers. And pray it's significantly less than 400 mil!!!!!

100,000,000 witch's brew
200,000,000 witch's brew
350,000,000 witch's brew

Right now the community total is 69,361,294

SHINeeFan23
10-19-14, 11:12 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Pumpkin Patch is for decor only Hun :(

Well that sucks. I wish it produce the same as the cauldron. I hate decor. I never use them as they just take up space I need.

seekerbears
10-19-14, 11:24 AM
Well that sucks. I wish it produce the same as the cauldron. I hate decor. I never use them as they just take up space I need.

I agree. If I had a few extra space I'd throw in a flower patch or something but I mainly need all the space for habitats or farms

rivalotka2
10-19-14, 11:29 AM
I'm concerned that I seem to be pretty far behind a lot of people here. :| I'm only at 650, even though I'm breeding non stop and don't lose more than 3-4 hours a day due to sleep, I usually speed up breeding before I hit the sack so I don't waste time.

I'm also making food constantly. I suppose I might be a little late on collecting from my pumpkin at times. Don't know what else I can be doing? Already depleted all my mines. Got a fairly good return but they're gone now. You don't get too many from breeding.

You are doing good. My personal strategy is breed dark/nature hybrids all day long. I am trying for frankenswine otherwise i would just breed pyro pony and frostfang which has a constant 7 hr timer.

I plant 20 hr crops as well so it doesnt matter if im asleep for not. I have it worked out to complete when i come home from work and then plant 1 hr crops until i plant pears again to carry me thru the next day. Collecting from the cauldron is not critical then. Yes it helps but the goal can be achieved without it.

With this same strategy i usually complete the dragon story world events well within the time limit.

I hope this helps

Current count 944 pumpkins

zenobia42
10-19-14, 11:48 AM

You are just a little behind if you want to get all the individual prizes. The final one requires 3,300 pumpkins which is 157 (and change) per day. And we are 4 2/3 days into it so 733 total pumpkins is what it takes to be on track right now.

The maximum pumpkins we can make for free is 8 per hour (6 farms + nest + cauldron, which each make exactly 1 pumpkin per hour they are active). To reach 3300, they all need to be active 20 hours per day. Which it sounds like you are doing. And yet you have 650. If I were you, I'd take screenshots of your pumpkin count every once in a while. Some folks lost all their pumpkins early on, but got them back by contacting support. It really sounds like you should have more than what you need at this point based on your habits. If you miss a few cauldron collections, that should be more than made up for by your mining and bit of speed breeding. I have been doing the same as you and I have 787 right now.

SHINeeFan23
10-19-14, 12:09 PM
You are doing good. My personal strategy is breed dark/nature hybrids all day long. I am trying for frankenswine otherwise i would just breed pyro pony and frostfang which has a constant 7 hr timer.

I plant 20 hr crops as well so it doesnt matter if im asleep for not. I have it worked out to complete when i come home from work and then plant 1 hr crops until i plant pears again to carry me thru the next day. Collecting from the cauldron is not critical then. Yes it helps but the goal can be achieved without it.

With this same strategy i usually complete the dragon story world events well within the time limit.

I hope this helps

Current count 944 pumpkins

I just got a Frankenswine in my nest. I used Peamoth & Skyger. On day 1 I did the 20hr plant but I just feel more comfortable doing the 8hr ones. When I have nothing in my nest I just buy rhino to take up some time even if it's not 2 pumpkins.

Current count is 829 & will collect from farms in 3 hours.

seekerbears
10-19-14, 12:22 PM
I currently have 975 pumpkins and will reach 1000 by in 4 hours I also have the frankenswine in my nest (after about 8 tries) I think I will be able to make it to the last prize! Just do 5hr crops throughout the day and 8hr before you go to bed I also set my alarm throughout the night to collect

SHINeeFan23
10-19-14, 12:45 PM
I currently have 975 pumpkins and will reach 1000 by in 4 hours I also have the frankenswine in my nest (after about 8 tries) I think I will be able to make it to the last prize! Just do 5hr crops throughout the day and 8hr before you go to bed I also set my alarm throughout the night to collect

Yeah I did that but I'm just sticking with the 8hrs for now. Around midnight I do the 8hr crop so around 8am they will be done. Then again around 4pm & then again around 12am. If I have time before midnight I do the 1hr ones. So far it's not too bad. Not sure if I'll make it to the end but I'm hoping :)

A2TUDE
10-19-14, 12:52 PM

No Hun the bigger cauldron gives 16 so between 2 I'm get 20 every 4hrs plus im planting bananas every hr when sleeping I'm planting mangos I've done a bit of speeding through breeding to get extra pumpkins n then I sell the animal which is extra pumpkins n with that I'm mining to😊

A2TUDE
10-19-14, 12:56 PM
Okay, the Event has run nearly 4 1/2 days so far, so you've collected an average of more than 365 pumpkins a day.
However you're pulling that off, good for you!
When you get to that Skeletal Dragon, I hope you'll keep collecting at this pace, so maybe we can nail that Demon Yak at the end of the road.

I'll deffently still play but I've had 3 days of work that's why I've been a constant I'm going back to work today Monday's grrrr but I'll do mangos will I'm there lol

BXVV
10-19-14, 01:17 PM
I've noticed the pumpkin count slowed down a lot after the Tree of Doom community prize was completed, as of this time the community has only gained 10.5 million which is little compared to how fast the total count was increasing during the Tree of Doom stage. Just wondering why this is is all.

SANDSCApe
10-19-14, 01:19 PM
Every time I multiply 8 by 24, I get 192.
Every. Single. Time.
Why am I doing that? Because unless one has hundreds of gems to spend on extra cauldrons, there are only 8 buildings from which we can CONSISTENTLY AND RELIABLY collect pumpkins at the rate of 1 per hour. And because, without speeding with gems, one can only get 24 hours of production per day for any of those 8 buildings (Farms, Nest & Cauldron). So while some days will see more than 192 pumpkins and other days will see less, the overall collection of pumpkins outside the fickle Mine will nevertheless average no more than 192 per day. And that's assuming you promptly empty every collection unit as the timer on each one runs out. Right.

So I'm shaking my head every time somebody posts pumpkin totals here that simply don't reflect the UN-ENHANCED rate of about 200 per day; especially when they don't acknowledge any significant expenditure of gems and off-handedly dismiss these feats as readily attainable by simply keeping six farms and a nest steadily busy.

Enough with the "all you have to do is this," "as long as you do that," and "just make sure you blah blah blah." There's nothing wrong with using or buying gems, but it's so annoying when people act like they don't and have others wondering how they do the things they boast about.
Unless one is using gems, (8x24)+y is the only thing that makes any honest sense to me, with "y" being the daily number of MINED pumpkins.

I'm obviously not the only player who cannot manage more than 150 per day on average. Two of my forests came close to 200 per day a couple times. Even if you're not trying to shepherd 3 forests through this event (which I don't recommend), you should know that 140-160 per day is a normal pace, but MAY be insufficient for attaining the Skeletal Dragon. Don't be discouraged though; there will probably come some break that will increase your collection rate for several days. It will most likely be the Tournament, but a double yield from the Cauldron is not out of the question either.

Ignore the incredible high pumpkin counts some players are posting here as though we should all have that many. Their achievement is good for the Community effort. Let's be thankful and leave it at that.

SANDSCApe
10-19-14, 01:30 PM
I've noticed the pumpkin count slowed down a lot after the Tree of Doom community prize was completed, as of this time the community has only gained 10.5 million which is little compared to how fast the total count was increasing during the Tree of Doom stage. Just wondering why this is is all.

Some players, especially those unaccustomed to the relentless pursuit of World Events, may have relaxed their efforts upon entering the Community pool. I hope they soon realize their error.

Just the same, I wouldn't bet the bank on the absolute accuracy of those counters. They always seem to do strange things. LOL

cquinn32
10-19-14, 01:55 PM
Don't worry everyone we will win all the community prizes!!! IMO TL will NOT let us fail which would leave players discourage for the next event. they want us to believe we did it all on our own but in reality that community total counter is completely under their control.

Em_storm
10-20-14, 01:42 AM
Hey, anyone else having this bit of quirkiness with their counter? The 488 count in the upper left corner is correct, but the little green line has passed the 500 mark. I know it's wrong, but I thought it was odd. A force close didn't change it, and the prize has not been awarded (which, again, is correct).

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/firefly276/9CF93127-66BE-4F22-8E76-89658844CE59_zpsmujk1pae.png (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/firefly276/media/9CF93127-66BE-4F22-8E76-89658844CE59_zpsmujk1pae.png.html)

Melis2a84
10-20-14, 01:53 AM
Hey, anyone else having this bit of quirkiness with their counter? The 488 count in the upper left corner is correct, but the little green line has passed the 500 mark. I know it's wrong, but I thought it was odd. A force close didn't change it, and the prize has not been awarded (which, again, is correct).

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/firefly276/9CF93127-66BE-4F22-8E76-89658844CE59_zpsmujk1pae.png (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/firefly276/media/9CF93127-66BE-4F22-8E76-89658844CE59_zpsmujk1pae.png.html)

Mine did the same thing but as soon as I hit 500 pumpkins it gave me the werewolf egg in storage :)

seekerbears
10-20-14, 05:23 AM
Great I have school today and volleying isn't going to be very easy... I'll have to collect during passing periods during class or lunch haha... I forgot to plant my 8 hr pumpkins so I'm kinda out of luck

rivalotka2
10-20-14, 06:22 AM
Anyone interested in a detailed account of my strategy of pumpkin collection.. I have posted a message on my profile page showing exactly how i do it.

No its not perfect and the breed times may be more than 10 hours but it will even out by the time the event ends.

The point is that i will reach the goal without being stressed, which is very good for those of us with heart conditions..��

Bambamstad
10-20-14, 11:10 AM
Just passed 1000 pumpkins, now on my way towards the vampire cat..

Hawksmoor
10-20-14, 11:17 AM
Every. Single. Time.
Why am I doing that? Because unless one has hundreds of gems to spend on extra cauldrons, there are only 8 buildings from which we can CONSISTENTLY AND RELIABLY collect pumpkins at the rate of 1 per hour. And because, without speeding with gems, one can only get 24 hours of production per day for any of those 8 buildings (Farms, Nest & Cauldron). So while some days will see more than 192 pumpkins and other days will see less, the overall collection of pumpkins outside the fickle Mine will nevertheless average no more than 192 per day. And that's assuming you promptly empty every collection unit as the timer on each one runs out. Right.

So I'm shaking my head every time somebody posts pumpkin totals here that simply don't reflect the UN-ENHANCED rate of about 200 per day; especially when they don't acknowledge any significant expenditure of gems and off-handedly dismiss these feats as readily attainable by simply keeping six farms and a nest steadily busy.

Enough with the "all you have to do is this," "as long as you do that," and "just make sure you blah blah blah." There's nothing wrong with using or buying gems, but it's so annoying when people act like they don't and have others wondering how they do the things they boast about.
Unless one is using gems, (8x24)+y is the only thing that makes any honest sense to me, with "y" being the daily number of MINED pumpkins.

I'm obviously not the only player who cannot manage more than 150 per day on average. Two of my forests came close to 200 per day a couple times. Even if you're not trying to shepherd 3 forests through this event (which I don't recommend), you should know that 140-160 per day is a normal pace, but MAY be insufficient for attaining the Skeletal Dragon. Don't be discouraged though; there will probably come some break that will increase your collection rate for several days. It will most likely be the Tournament, but a double yield from the Cauldron is not out of the question either.

Ignore the incredible high pumpkin counts some players are posting here as though we should all have that many. Their achievement is good for the Community effort. Let's be thankful and leave it at that.

Thank you for posting that Sand. It was what I suspected was true but couldn't say with 100% accuracy. I'm am woefully behind in collecting pumpkins. I only have the "small" cauldron, and only used a few gems once to speed up my 16 hour Aurora Pegasus to get my waiting Frankenswine in the nest. Hopefully I can catch up without taking a major hit in the pocketbook. If not, there's always next Halloween ;-)

SANDSCApe
10-20-14, 11:37 AM
Thank you for posting that Sand. It was what I suspected was true but couldn't say with 100% accuracy. I'm am woefully behind in collecting pumpkins. I only have the "small" cauldron, and only used a few gems once to speed up my 16 hour Aurora Pegasus to get my waiting Frankenswine in the nest. Hopefully I can catch up without taking a major hit in the pocketbook. If not, there's always next Halloween ;-)

Yup. I'm shooting for (but not always attaining) an average of 160 per day. So every day I add 160 to my target total for that day. Yesterday's target was 800 and, happily, 2 of our 3 forests made it. Forest Gump finished the night about 50 pumpkins short. Tonight, we are ***ning for 960. If the effort becomes too overbearing or no longer fun, one (or maybe even two) of the forests may have to drop out and settle for Werewolf plus Community prizes.

jptheripper
10-20-14, 12:29 PM
I'm at 1132 right now, no money spent. Small cauldron, breeding, a little mining, and planting prunes and occasional spell melons to adjust collection time.

seekerbears
10-20-14, 01:49 PM
I'm stressing out I feel like I don't have enough pumpkins because I was a few hours late on collecting

Aernak
10-20-14, 02:26 PM
Does the Pumpkin Patch give pumpkins too, or it just decoration? I am only at 705 pumpkins atm so I dont have it yet. Was just curious. :)

BXVV
10-20-14, 02:26 PM
Every. Single. Time.

HaHa, I checked back and I see this comment. Buddy, this was posted out of mere curiosity and nothing else, the world is not centered around you and the fact that you bring up you're inability to produce 150 blah blah a day is very self centered. This is my first world event on a TL game, and I was just wondering whether the development team had control over the pumpkin count, as you are all veteran players I wanted to read about what others have experienced. In the end though I found the answer I was looking for, thanks for your essay.

seekerbears
10-20-14, 05:32 PM
Is 1,175 on track cuz I missed a few hours of collecting

Crr008
10-20-14, 07:14 PM
Seekerbear, we are about a third of the way through and the next individual animal is at 2200 with the final animal probably around 3300. Sounds like you are moving along nicely.

zenobia42
10-20-14, 07:28 PM
I'll try to start posting this every evening around this time since it's the change of "day" according to the countdown clock ((I'm 1/2-hour late today, but close enough... didn't realize the forum servers were up again :p):

160 per day is the goal in order to get the 3300 required for all individual prizes.

6 days have elapsed so 960 pumpkins is exactly on track to get there.

By tomorrow night this time, the goal is 1,120.

Hoping that posting daily goals will help folks keep track of their personal goals.

P.S. Thanks to the server being down for a while this evening, I lost a few pumpkins, but I am still on track thanks to having been doing a little speed breeding. I have 975 now. Since that could happen again at any time, though, I'm going to try to build up my cushion again.

SANDSCApe
10-20-14, 07:32 PM
HaHa, I checked back and I see this comment. Buddy, this was posted out of mere curiosity and nothing else, the world is not centered around you and the fact that you bring up you're inability to produce 150 blah blah a day is very self centered. This is my first world event on a TL game, and I was just wondering whether the development team had control over the pumpkin count, as you are all veteran players I wanted to read about what others have experienced. In the end though I found the answer I was looking for, thanks for your essay.

Huh? What the heck are YOU bristling about? My comment that you're quoting was not a response to your question. Just because a comment appears under yours, doesn't mean it's a response to you. In fact, my next post WAS a short, polite and helpful response to your question, which is in no way related to my longer post which you are referencing.

I don't see how it's self-centered to offer my own experience to assure others in the same boat that they are not alone. But whatever.

SANDSCApe
10-20-14, 07:53 PM
Vash-Naroom had 954 pumpkins and was clearing the last six 1-hour crops for the night when suddenly the Event screen popped up and announced "You collected enough pumpkins to earn the Pumpkin Patch!" Somehow, the Event progress screen opened up during the harvesting, and the "BUY NOW" button caught a finger meant for a farm.

I hate gem traps. The child was very upset about losing gems for 44 extra pumpkins she did NOT need. Not now anyway.

saucysammis
10-20-14, 07:58 PM
Vash-Naroom had 954 pumpkins and was clearing the last six 1-hour crops for the night when suddenly the Event screen popped up and announced "You collected enough pumpkins to earn the Pumpkin Patch!" Somehow, the Event progress screen opened up while clearing the farms and the "BUY NOW" button caught a finger meant for a farm.

I hate gem traps. The child was very upset about losing gems for 44 extra pumpkins she did NOT need. Not now anyway.

Thanks for the heads up, I am a sucker for those accidental taps. So far I think I've avoided the traps because I've been harvesting slowly on the farms so I can be sure all the pumpkins are registered.

pondicus
10-20-14, 08:12 PM
Does the Pumpkin Patch give pumpkins too, or it just decoration? I am only at 705 pumpkins atm so I dont have it yet. Was just curious. :)

Sadly, it's just decoration.

goodsoul76
10-20-14, 08:26 PM
So many pumpkins so little time (or so it seems!)....

I'm trying not to stress about it too much....at least not as much as I am for the CS event...maybe cause there are a lot more ways to collect in that game vs this one where I just plant the crops...breed my 10 hour planther and go away for a few hours.

zenobia42
10-20-14, 08:57 PM
So many pumpkins so little time (or so it seems!)....

I'm trying not to stress about it too much....at least not as much as I am for the CS event...maybe cause there are a lot more ways to collect in that game vs this one where I just plant the crops...breed my 10 hour planther and go away for a few hours.

I am a lot more worried about completing it in CS because we have to depend on random drops to upgrade our Haunted Hall. In this game, it's SO much less stress because if your farms or nest take 8 hours, you get 8 pumpkins. Period. Easy as pie. In CS, you can have half your adventures bring back only 1 ghost each and that gets stressful when you can only send out 2 adventures per day most days and need 70 of them and have less time than here. I thought I would go nuts when the servers went down earlier today, too, lol. I was like, "But... but... I have to get into the game - my jack-o-lantern is ready!" lol @ myself.

But in both these games, I think the prizes are great and worth the efforts if we get them. Fun stuff!

SHINeeFan23
10-20-14, 09:23 PM
Ugh I know what you mean zenobia42. I couldn't get into my games & I was freaking out because I knew i needed to collect my pumpkins soon & plant some new ones so I can stay on time. I'm sorry if you or anyone missed any when it was down.

zenobia42
10-20-14, 09:38 PM
Ugh I know what you mean zenobia42. I couldn't get into my games & I was freaking out because I knew i needed to collect my pumpkins soon & plant some new ones so I can stay on time. I'm sorry if you or anyone missed any when it was down.

I lost a few pumpkins but not so many I can't recover from it quickly. It's mainly that I was going NUTS because I could not connect to the FORUM. When games are down, any online game, we all become lost and afraid children, and need to find safety in numbers online, to know we're all going through it, and get info as to what is going on and for how long. And the FORUM was down! I was like, in freefall lol. Where do I go? What do I do? lol. Sounds terribly melodramatic when I was actually also enjoying watching The Voice. But pumpkins and candy corns were falling though my fingers with no one to talk about it - alas!

SHINeeFan23
10-20-14, 10:03 PM
I lost a few pumpkins but not so many I can't recover from it quickly. It's mainly that I was going NUTS because I could not connect to the FORUM. When games are down, any online game, we all become lost and afraid children, and need to find safety in numbers online, to know we're all going through it, and get info as to what is going on and for how long. And the FORUM was down! I was like, in freefall lol. Where do I go? What do I do? lol. Sounds terribly melodramatic when I was actually also enjoying watching The Voice. But pumpkins and candy corns were falling though my fingers with no one to talk about it - alas!

Yeah I know. I thought it was the games only but when I tried coming back here I found I couldn't :( I'm just glad it's back up

A2TUDE
10-21-14, 12:09 AM
Hiya everyone just an observation the community prize 2nd one seems to be moving slower then the number sits showing it should be halfway considering number count it halfway or maybe I'm wrong.????

SANDSCApe
10-21-14, 02:24 AM
Hiya everyone just an observation the community prize 2nd one seems to be moving slower then the number sits showing it should be halfway considering number count it halfway or maybe I'm wrong.????

The slider circle does NOT represent a range of 0-210,000,000. The range is 80,000,000-210,000,000.
I know that in absolute terms, we've collected nearly half the pumpkins we need for the Haunted Hollow but the graphic is showing the distance between this community prize and the first one. At 107.4 million, we haven't gone very far beyond the 80 million we needed for the Tree Of Doom, so that's why the circle shows less than a quarter progression.

The green line will reach the halfway point when we have 145,000,000 pumpkins.

A2TUDE
10-21-14, 02:30 AM
The slider circle does NOT represent a range of 0-210,000,000. The range is 80,000,000-210,000,000.
I know that in absolute terms, we've collected nearly half the pumpkins we need for the Haunted Hollow but the graphic is showing the distance between this community prize and the first one. At 107.4 million, we haven't gone very far beyond the 80 million we needed for the Tree Of Doom, so that's why the circle shows less than a quarter progression.
The green line will reach the halfway point when we have 145,000,000 pumpkins.

Ooooo ok coolies just thought it was glitch ty for clearing it up��

flowless
10-21-14, 05:44 AM
With this rate does anyone thinks we would catch up to have the third price of community awards ?

seekerbears
10-21-14, 06:21 AM
I think I found the vampire cat egg in my neighbors nest

crystalrayn3
10-21-14, 08:12 AM
Kudos to those players that earn the Skeletal Dragon! After doing the math, I'll reach the Vampire Cat with no prob. That's fine with me Lol The one thing I wish TL would add is the ability to purchase more Nests. Give me 2 Nests & these World Events are more than feasible to complete. ;)

zenobia42
10-21-14, 09:27 AM
I think I found the vampire cat egg in my neighbors nest

Another super-cool egg, nice! Thanks - I added to the OP image. :)

xanethi
10-21-14, 09:44 AM
Anyone Else having realy Strange breeding luck during this event? Since it started i decided to not try for unicorn to avoid blocking nest so only use two color combinations. So far i had magmacore, grassquatch, sea drake, onyx ox and now cosmic Phoenix breeding. The super rares are appearing more than commons... Of course very happy but just strange

EviBrooklyn
10-21-14, 09:47 AM
Anyone Else having realy Strange breeding luck during this event? Since it started i decided to not try for unicorn to avoid blocking nest so only use two color combinations. So far i had magmacore, grassquatch, sea drake, onyx ox and now cosmic Phoenix breeding. The super rares are appearing more than commons... Of course very happy but just strange

Nope, no luck here... It's just your luck so you might as well shoot for a unicorn

Bambamstad
10-21-14, 10:02 AM

Not real lucky here, got the swine, but the rest is only commons or duplicates. Would like the super rares you bred, except for magmacore, they are all missing in my album.

Just started ember bear number four in the den.

SHINeeFan23
10-21-14, 10:56 AM
With this rate does anyone thinks we would catch up to have the third price of community awards ?

Better then on DS. We are barely getting the first community prize. Though they did change the numbers so we have to get more in order to get the prizes. But back on topic I do think we can make it :)

zenobia42
10-21-14, 11:32 AM
Just a heads-up and also a suggestion:

I am using this event as a way of weeding out inactive neighbors. Chances are if someone does not have a cauldron in their forest, they are not active. Because you get one for free for extremely little effort, and it's pretty well necessary to have it out of storage to get get enough pumpkins to win the top prize.

With the number of neighbors I have, it's impossible to get to everyone every day. But the neighbors list resets itself SO often, and the window shows SO few neighbors at a time, that it's equally impossible to get to everyone with a decent social rating. I'm tired of helping people who aren't playing any more at the expense of those who are and I can't get to. So anyone without 3-4 stars, I am checking for the pot. If no pot, but a very recent new creature, they are still in. No pot and no new critters, they are out. I recommend this tactic to anyone who needs to weed out inactive players. Events are the perfect time for this.

That said, if you are active and I drop you, just send me a new friend request when the event is over. Or one now and put your darn cauldron out! :p

zenobia42
10-21-14, 12:05 PM
So I guess no tournament this week? It should have started by now if so. I was really hoping for one. And not JUST for the pumpkins lol. I love tournaments!

SHINeeFan23
10-21-14, 12:05 PM

I am using this event as a way of weeding out inactive neighbors. Chances are if someone does not have a cauldron in their forest, they are not active. Because you get one for free for extremely little effort, and it's pretty well necessary to have it out of storage to get get enough pumpkins to win the top prize.

With the number of neighbors I have, it's impossible to get to everyone every day. But the neighbors list resets itself SO often, and the window shows SO few neighbors at a time, that it's equally impossible to get to everyone with a decent social rating. I'm tired of helping people who aren't playing any more at the expense of those who are and I can't get to. So anyone without 3-4 stars, I am checking for the pot. If no pot, but a very recent new creature, they are still in. No pot and no new critters, they are out. I recommend this tactic to anyone who needs to weed out inactive players. Events are the perfect time for this.

That said, if you are active and I drop you, just send me a new friend request when the event is over. Or one now and put your darn cauldron out! :p

I might have to do that. I know there is a few I have that haven't moved from the start which I'm guessing where there for the gold we got for DS I believe. Thanks for the tip

BlueCanary
10-21-14, 12:06 PM

Just remember that there are a lot of people locked out of the game right now (unless it got fixed today), and who will be locked out until they resolve that issue with the game not working with older versions of IOS. They won't have cauldrons either.

zenobia42
10-21-14, 12:11 PM
Just remember that there are a lot of people locked out of the game right now (unless it got fixed today), and who will be locked out until they resolve that issue with the game not working with older versions of IOS. They won't have cauldrons either.

Oh, shoot, I didn't realize there still hadn't fixed that problem. It's been a WEEK! Shame on TL. Well, if I drop anyone and you are active, or will be IF they fix the problem with old iOS's :( ... please add me back. Anyone who had a 4-star social rating should still have at least 2 stars, though. I'm only dropping 0 stars and no cauldron and no animals released in the last 3 weeks or so.

A2TUDE
10-21-14, 12:22 PM
YIIPPPEEEE GOT MY VAMPIRE CAT (EARTH/FIRE) 16hrs

If you'd like to see my id is A2TUDE

A2TUDE
10-21-14, 12:26 PM
The "SKELETAL DRAGON" looks awsum is screenshot I'm sorry don't know how to make screenshot bigger..tap on it and you'll see better��

A2TUDE
10-21-14, 12:29 PM

Good idea it starts at level 17 (world events)and I also clear neighbours out with no stars just means there not visiting me so I won't bother with them ��

SHINeeFan23
10-21-14, 12:29 PM
The "SKELETAL DRAGON" looks awsum is screenshot I'm sorry don't know how to make screenshot bigger..tap on it and you'll see better��

Ooh I want it! I hope I can reach it :) Also congrats on your vampire cat!

Hawksmoor
10-21-14, 12:37 PM

Lol, I had made a comment about this earlier because I noticed the same thing. Since the event started I've bred an Aurora Pegasus, an Ocean Owl, an Elephantom, a Frankenswine and another 16 hr something that I won't know what it is until I get home tonight. The unicorn still eludes me though... ;-)

A2TUDE
10-21-14, 12:37 PM
Ooh I want it! I hope I can reach it :) Also congrats on your vampire cat!

I'm sure everyone you will get it hun😉I forgot to see if it's rare which I think it is lol

SHINeeFan23
10-21-14, 01:12 PM
I'm sure everyone you will get it hun��I forgot to see if it's rare which I think it is lol

Thanks. I just need about 974 Pumkins just to reach the vampire cat. Then once I reach that I would need about 1000 more Pumpkins? No pressure there lol

zenobia42
10-21-14, 01:14 PM
Lol, I had made a comment about this earlier because I noticed the same thing. Since the event started I've bred an Aurora Pegasus, an Ocean Owl, an Elephantom, a Frankenswine and another 16 hr something that I won't know what it is until I get home tonight. The unicorn still eludes me though... ;-)

I have had the OPPOSITE luck! Until whatever is in my den and 16 hours (either frankenswine or pegasus) reveals itself, I have had zero super rares, and the 2 rares I've gotten are ones I already have 3 of and therefore sell. I have sold every single thing I've bred the last enitre week's worth of breeding. And that is breeding 2 per day every day. You guys stole all my luck is what happened! :p :p :p

Congrats on the vampire cat, A2TUDE - that's awesome! :D

Hawksmoor
10-21-14, 01:25 PM
I have had the OPPOSITE luck! Until whatever is in my den and 16 hours (either frankenswine or pegasus) reveals itself, I have had zero super rares, and the 2 rares I've gotten are ones I already have 3 of and therefore sell. I have sold every single thing I've bred the last enitre week's worth of breeding. And that is breeding 2 per day every day. You guys stole all my luck is what happened! :p :p :p

Congrats on the vampire cat, A2TUDE - that's awesome! :D

Maybe you used up all your luck when you got the unicorn? LOL! kidding ;-) I've also had two Skyger's and I bred two Turtisle's in a row so it's not all super luck! :o

Yes, congrats to A2TUDE!

seekerbears
10-21-14, 01:54 PM
If your an active collecter and you collect everyday you will for sure get the vampire cat the dragon depends on how much time your willing to spend on the game and making sure everything is being used

Bambamstad
10-21-14, 01:56 PM
That vampire cat and skeletal dragon both look gorgeous. Still on track with my pumpkins, about 975 to reach the next goal.
Also hope we can reach all community goals, have the feeling the second one isn't going as fast as the first.

We definitely need a tournament to earn some more pumpkins, although it does not fit in with my work schedule next week.

seekerbears
10-21-14, 02:30 PM
I think TL should do a tournament to win some sort of Halloween animal

zenobia42
10-21-14, 02:33 PM
I think TL should do a tournament to win some sort of Halloween animal

I had been REALLY hoping for a tournament today since the last two began on Tuesdays and so it stands to reason they will all begin on Tuesdays around 2:30pm Eastern. But no such luck. :(

my607
10-21-14, 02:35 PM
I had been REALLY hoping for a tournament today since the last two began on Tuesdays and so it stands to reason they will all begin on Tuesdays around 2:30pm Eastern. But no such luck. :(

I was hoping the same but no such luck.

fahrensland
10-21-14, 03:46 PM

I'm a little confused too, normally we get at least some kind of update on Tuesdays (e.g., new animal to breed) and not only was there no new battle grounds but not even an update at all.

Aernak
10-21-14, 03:49 PM
Thank you for the info! That is sad! :( I was hoping for more ways to get pumpkins. LOL...

zenobia42
10-21-14, 07:03 PM
Time for my daily reality check on pumpkins vs. goal!

160 per day is the goal in order to get the 3300 required for all individual prizes.

7 days have elapsed so 1,120 pumpkins is exactly on track to get there.

By tomorrow night this time, the goal is 1,280.

Hoping that posting daily goals will help folks keep track of their personal goals.
I have 1,154 so staying just barely ahead of goal.

Crr008
10-21-14, 07:10 PM
Zenobia, thanks for the updates. They really help. Congrats to all who have the vampire cat. I'm sure I will get it but I've been trying to help my child keep up to get it, too. She didn't get the nightmare or the owl bear from the tournaments and was disappointed. I will help her get this cat. She doesn't care much for the others, only that one so these updates really help me know where we are at!

FYI I'm sort of glad we had no tourney today because those kind of stress me out. I try to remain calm but it is always in the back of my mind.

SHINeeFan23
10-21-14, 07:16 PM

Thanks for doing this. I like checking to see where I'm at & how far along I would need to be for the last animal. Right now I'm at 1270 but I'm waiting for my 5hr crops & the cauldron. I hope I can keep on track until the end.

fahrensland
10-21-14, 07:59 PM

Thank you so much! As other posters have already stated, this is incredibly helpful to determine individual progression at a quick glance.

sweetypies97
10-21-14, 10:05 PM
lol I'm on about 500. There is absolutely no way I could collect pumpkins every hour at work and when I get home my children deserve some attention ... so I've known all along that I would only get the lowest level of prizes. I'm okay with that.

arikatu
10-21-14, 11:12 PM
lol I'm on about 500. There is absolutely no way I could collect pumpkins every hour at work and when I get home my children deserve some attention ... so I've known all along that I would only get the lowest level of prizes. I'm okay with that.

You'll always get a pumpkin for every hour on the farms and the nest; so if you can't check back every one hour for your mana bananas/charm cherries (life comes first, of course!), it would help you out more to plant something that takes longer, like mighty mangoes or rune prunes for the time you're at work.

sweetypies97
10-22-14, 12:34 AM
As explained earlier, I don't have the room for 6 grand farms, I only have one.

tuffyjkitten
10-22-14, 03:37 AM
As explained earlier, I don't have the room for 6 grand farms, I only have one.

So do I. 1 grand, 1 large, 4 small. I have over 800 pumpkins. Just keep them full and collect when you can. I cant collect every hour on the hour either.

Jennerwein1
10-22-14, 08:34 AM

Thank you zenobia42. This helps a lot. Have 1274, keeping fingers crossed. TL: we need another tourney pleeease! Just made Lvl 30, whew.
PS: I am SICK of pandaffodils ! No Frankenswine after umpteen tries, argh!

zenobia42
10-22-14, 10:18 AM
I'm a little confused too, normally we get at least some kind of update on Tuesdays (e.g., new animal to breed) and not only was there no new battle grounds but not even an update at all.

I posted this in another thread but I suspect that the servers being down for "maintenance" a couple days ago was not planned. There may have been content they originally intended on releasing yesterday that they did not because of the server problems.

Also, thanks for all the thanks, everyone. I'll keep posting those daily pumpkin goal totals! :)

infinitelove19
10-22-14, 10:30 AM
So do I. 1 grand, 1 large, 4 small. I have over 800 pumpkins. Just keep them full and collect when you can. I cant collect every hour on the hour either.

Yeah, these events definitely depend on either playing 24/7 OR having 6 large or grand farms, I have actually completely expanded my forest, and had built on every last square, having two small farms & 4 grand. At the beginning of this event, I sold some pandas & green habitats to allow for six grand farms & now mostly plant 20 hour rune prunes.

For people who have started more recently it isn't always practical to have large/grand farms even with the benefit it would give for events such as these. Next time. ;-)

SANDSCApe
10-22-14, 11:24 AM

Yeah, these events definitely. depend on either olaying 24/7 OR having 6karge or grand farms, I have actually completely expanded my forest, and had built on every last square, having two small farms & 4 grand. At the beginning of this event, I sold some pandas & green habitats to allow for six grand farms & now mostly plant 29 hour rune prunes.

For people who have started more recently it isn't always practical to have large/grand farms even with the benefit it would give for events such as these. Next time. ;-)

I also started with 2 minis and 2 grands on Satyr Sanctuary. I downsized the Grands and upgraded the minis so that I could work with 6 big ones. You don't need Grand Farms to maximize pumpkin production. They offer no advantage over the Big Farms for purposes of the World Event. In fact, they were a hindrance to me; I couldn't upgrade the minis unless I sold the Grands to make space.

For the other two younger forests, it wasn't a space crunch that stood in the way of upgrading minis; it was the coin investment. But after two days of crawling along and baby-sitting those tiny farms, I had bite the bullet and just do it.

There are days when I can't manage more than the one big 20-hour harvest. (Trying to squeeze in 1-hour crops in the evening runs the risk of my falling asleep before I can get around to planting the 20-hour crop on all 3 forests.) I think if you can't put in much time, and can only log in once or twice a day, you MUST go with the 20-hour crop. You may be below the 160-per-day pace, but you can still get the Vampire Cat.

It's so easy to fall short of a game target with the daily demands of life, especially if you're a parent. There's no telling what may cause you to miss a whole day of playing here and there. This kind of event doesn't allow one to recover from big gaps. I've been waiting and hoping for some kind of pumpkin boost - a tournament or whatever. After yesterday's disappointment, I'm beginning to give up hope on that.

Why list Tournaments as a method for gathering pumpkins then go for a whole week (in a 3-week event) without offering any? That makes no sense to me. At this rate, it's not likely that we will have more than ONE Tournament before the Event is over. And truly, one tournament is not enough over this rough course of 21 days. I'm caring less every day.

kita_drisk
10-22-14, 12:01 PM
It's really good to see this broken down like that. I've been wondering what the daily check point should be to try and finish the event. Thanks!

55lee55
10-22-14, 02:21 PM

I have to say yes, I have been even luckier than usual. My luck has run really good with this game, and it may be because I am playing more for the event, but I have done extremely well since it began. I have my second Unicorn egg sitting in my nest as I type this :D

Does anyone know if TL is planning an expansion during this event as it runs for several weeks? I am maxed out and have no more room to shoehorn in anything else at this point. I have at least one of every animal and I would have purchased the package they had for sale but I am maxed on Runes and have nowhere left to expand, and no place to add an animal, so while I will likely collect enough points to win all of the prizes, I have no place to put them. I have been earning food and pumpkins by mining, and I was relieved to get the Unicorn, not only because I never expected a second, but because I was blindly breeding animals to get explosives to mine and I am so tired of mining, lol. I don't even know which animals I bred to get the egg. I was just trying for explosives to mine with so I can feed everyone to the limit. I put the Unicorn Egg on the nest and am relying on my farms to help me reach the end, but I am sure I will make the end of the event. An expansion option would be a big boon at this point because there are so many lovely decorations but I have no room to put them. Fortunately I reached the tip over point to where I am finally making more coins than I spend and last time I looked I think I had over 12 million coins, do I can afford to expand, if the oprion is made available. ;)

I have to say that TL did an amazing job with the awesome prizes and decorations! To be doing this just as well on multiple games is truly amazing! Thanks for the Halloween Treats TL! I am enjoying this event!

A2TUDE
10-22-14, 02:35 PM
O
I have to say yes, I have been even luckier than usual. My luck has run really good with this game, and it may be because I am playing more for the event, but I have done extremely well since it began. I have my second Unicorn egg sitting in my nest as I type this :D

Does anyone know if TL is planning an expansion during this event as it runs for several weeks? I am maxed out and have no more room to shoehorn in anything else at this point. I have at least one of every animal and I would have purchased the package they had for sale but I am maxed on Runes and have nowhere left to expand, and no place to add an animal, so while I will likely collect enough points to win all of the prizes, I have no place to put them. I have been earning food and pumpkins by mining, and I was relieved to get the Unicorn, not only because I never expected a second, but because I was blindly breeding animals to get explosives to mine and I am so tired of mining, lol. I don't even know which animals I bred to get the egg. I was just trying for explosives to mine with so I can feed everyone to the limit. I put the Unicorn Egg on the nest and am relying on my farms to help me reach the end, but I am sure I will make the end of the event. An expansion option would be a big boon at this point because there are so many lovely decorations but I have no room to put them. Fortunately I reached the tip over point to where I am finally making more coins than I spend and last time I looked I think I had over 12 million coins, do I can afford to expand, if the oprion is made available. ;)

I have to say that TL did an amazing job with the awesome prizes and decorations! To be doing this just as well on multiple games is truly amazing! Thanks for the Halloween Treats TL! I am enjoying this event!

Um I have one of each animal plus all habitats are big ones and I have the all the extra animals from world event and I have space maybe sell some of ur doubles it give you more room��

SANDSCApe
10-22-14, 02:38 PM

What could "luckier than usual" possibly mean to you, Lee? You have INSANE luck on a regular basis! LOL

Well, I stumbled across a second one in Satyr Sanctuary also, but I wish the other 2 forests could breed one. I didn't speed the Unicorn as planned, so I went for nearly 2 days with no pumpkins from the Nest while it was hatching. Nice windfall of 45 pumpkins when it was done though.

SANDSCApe
10-22-14, 02:57 PM
If my WiFi connection would stop mucking up, all 3 of our forests will meet tonight's target of 1280 PUMPKINS!

I'm going on an average goal of 160 per day. Sometimes we're over; sometimes we're under. Forest Gump has finally overcome that nasty farming deficit caused by my evening-time sleepiness. So relieved.

seekerbears
10-22-14, 04:30 PM
I hope we can reach the last community prize

viramisu
10-22-14, 06:37 PM

I want that skeletal dragon tooo. Totally awesome. You're fast. Im still 750 away from vampire cat.

zenobia42
10-22-14, 06:49 PM
Time for my daily reality check on pumpkins vs. goal! (10 minutes early today because I'm afraid I'll get distracted and miss the hour marker. Better a little early than a lot late, right?)

8 days have elapsed so 1,280 pumpkins is exactly on track to get there.

By tomorrow night this time, the goal is 1,440.

I have 1,321 so staying just barely ahead of goal... and slipping a little. May have to do a little more speed breeding. I don't want to end up just short if the wervers go down again or something.

A2TUDE
10-22-14, 07:19 PM
I want that skeletal dragon tooo. Totally awesome. You're fast. Im still 750 away from vampire cat.

Ok my update I got vampire cat on my earth island so cute my pumpkins going ok got 2466

Lisa0107
10-22-14, 08:33 PM
First time poster. I love reading all the posts. Nice to know I'm not alone in my obsession with this game! Pumpkin count 1207. A little behind but I have a 15 hour egg to get in the morning. Loving this pumpkin fun! I'm doing everything but set my alarm for the middle of the night to collect!

sweetypies97
10-22-14, 10:21 PM
You'll always get a pumpkin for every hour on the farms and the nest; so if you can't check back every one hour for your mana bananas/charm cherries (life comes first, of course!), it would help you out more to plant something that takes longer, like mighty mangoes or rune prunes for the time you're at work.

Well of course, that's a no brainer ;).

transberry
10-23-14, 06:55 AM
I don't even have 300 pumpkins yet, farms always have things planted, collect from pumpkin at least twice a day and hatch a critter daily

Don't know how I'm going to get over 3000 more pumpkins in such a short time

my607
10-23-14, 07:00 AM
I don't even have 300 pumpkins yet, farms always have things planted, collect from pumpkin at least twice a day and hatch a critter daily

I think by now you need more than 1290 pumpkins.

SANDSCApe
10-23-14, 07:08 AM

Yup, that's quite a challenge. But if you can manage to get your pumpkin production up to 160 per day, starting now, you can still reach over 2200 by the time the event ends. That should get you all the prizes except the Skeletal Dragon (assuming the Community gets to our last prize.)

With 12.5 days left, 160 per day would add 2000 pumpkins to your current total.

Also, I don't know whether you're interested in BUYING PUMPKINS but, if you are, the "BUY NOW" button under your next individual prize in the Event progress screen not only buys that prize for the stated number of gems; it also gives you however many pumpkins you would have needed to earn the prize.

kita_drisk
10-23-14, 08:06 AM

I plant 3 five hour crops a day, and then 1 eight hour crop at night. This also gives me a little bit of leeway if I run a few minutes behind schedule. But it works perfectly in my schedule. I wake up at 7-8 am for work, check in at 12-1, and then again at 5-6 and 10-11 right before bed. With this schedule I have no loss of sleep or change of my daily routine with a pumpkin count of 1483. It really just takes finding the schedule that works for you. I'll need to switch to 20 hour crops this weekend >.<

roguebee
10-23-14, 09:48 AM
Interesting, during the work week I can easily get 3 - 8 hour crops in as I am brewing my coffee at 5 am and can take a break at 1 pm which lets me get an crop in before bed. On the weekends, I sleep in until 7 am and it fouls up the schedule. Best I can seem to do is 2 - 8s and a 5. The inefficiency of it.

kooky panda
10-23-14, 10:13 AM
Everyone should becareful I lost most of my pumpkins . I had about 80 something now down to 5. I reinstall and turn device off. I heard somebody had this happened too.

Update!

This has been fixed. Players who lost Pumpkins will have their total automatically corrected on login.
You do not need to send in a support email.

Thanks!

cocauina
10-23-14, 11:54 AM
1,545 pumpkins, on DS world event, I have much more.. We need more nests and tournaments

sanya87
10-23-14, 12:25 PM
I have 1500 pumpkins so i guess i am on a right way. I just hope i can keep it untill the end!

ozzie0679
10-23-14, 12:29 PM
how do I open a key ?

SANDSCApe
10-23-14, 12:48 PM
how do I open a key ?

I can only guess what you mean. Are you asking how to unlock prizes listed in the Trick Or Treat Event?
Each prize is automatically unlocked when you earn the one before it. Once the prize unlocks, it will tell you how many pumpkins you need to earn it.

If that doesn't answer your question, please provide more details so that someone can help.

Bambamstad
10-23-14, 02:05 PM
;)Just passed 1600 pumpkins, still right on track to get the last prize too.
It is getting a bit boring........farms, hatch, breed.......and some mining in between.

So far lucky with the swine, get even two, but unlucky in breeding missing ones...

Keep up the good work folks...about 55 million pumpkins to free the habitat..;)

arikatu
10-23-14, 02:16 PM
I feel like the community total has been steadily increasing faster over the last couple of days. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking, but whether it is or isn't, it's going UP, UP, UP. And that's the progress we want to see.

SO EXCITED.

dumbpluff
10-23-14, 04:01 PM
somehow i managed to get an aurora pegasus before the frankenswine... T v T

i don't understand how i can have so much trouble getting rare animals. i managed to get seven magmacores back when i was breeding for even one volcamel. looks like it's doing the same thing here too. my pumpkins are all in good shape, but i just can't get the piggy.

Lisa0107
10-23-14, 04:10 PM
somehow i managed to get an aurora pegasus before the frankenswine... T v T

i don't understand how i can have so much trouble getting rare animals. i managed to get seven magmacores back when i was breeding for even one volcamel. looks like it's doing the same thing here too. my pumpkins are all in good shape, but i just can't get the piggy.

I know....... I have terrible luck with rares and super rares. No piggy for me yet either. Still trying though!

igames4me
10-23-14, 04:43 PM
1,544 on acct 1
1,566 in acct 2
Right over the # to be on track
We are doing great as community keep it up

MelodicStars
10-23-14, 05:14 PM
I have 1,520ish pumpkins and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the last individual prize before the event ends. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I've been planting 20 hour crops at 8:00pm so that I collect at 4:00pm the next day (1 hour after I come home) and start planting 1 hour crops until 8:00pm. And the cycle continues. That way, I get 144 pumpkins every day plus 9-18 from the eggs I hatch. I also get 12 from the cauldron so that I get around 160ish everyday.

*I'm trying to get the cosmic Phoenix and I've had no luck. Literally. It's been FIREFOXES for the past 5 days. Not even an ember bear popped up. If you could suggest combos that worked for you, I would greatly appreciate it :) otherwise, I'm moving on to breeding other animals I'm missing.

my607
10-23-14, 05:48 PM
After my second Terradactyl all I get are commons. So annoyed though Firefox, plantler, planther, armadillo, and etc.

arikatu
10-23-14, 05:50 PM
Update your games, guys! THE TOURNAMENT IS HERE in version 1.3.1. (:

ramothsflight
10-23-14, 05:53 PM
And two pumpkins rewarded for a win. :D

SANDSCApe
10-23-14, 05:55 PM
Update your games, guys! THE TOURNAMENT IS HERE in version 1.3.1. (:

Yeah. I would start a thread, but it's better off done by someone who's willing to repeatedly update the OP until we have all the info on rounds, prizes and whatnot. I'll be glad for the pumpkins but not excited about Arboar. Not one bit. Lame prize. Totally lame.
I'm going to bed.

zenobia42
10-23-14, 05:57 PM
Yeah. I would start a thread, but it's better off done by someone who's willing to repeatedly update the OP until we have all the info on rounds, prizes and whatnot. I'll be glad for the pumpkins but not excited about Arboar. Not one bit. Lame prize. Totally lame.
I'm going to bed.

I started a thread on the tourney. :)

arikatu
10-23-14, 06:01 PM
I started a thread on the tourney. :)

Reliable, zenobia42!

We were totally just waiting for you, haha. Well, I confess I was. :P

seekerbears
10-23-14, 06:08 PM
There's a tournament

SANDSCApe
10-23-14, 06:59 PM
Done for tonight. I'm two blinks away from falling asleep on my iphone. Each forest got feet wet in the lame ArBORING Tournament at least. That will add only 58 pumpkins by the time it drags to an end. Doesn't seem like much for a 5-day ordeal now, does it?

Anyway, here are our pumpkin counts:
Satyr Sanctuary: 1545
Forest Gump: 1505
Vash-Naroom: 1523

dumbpluff
10-23-14, 07:03 PM
they're trying to release so many animals now, good lord. how many is this, just within this event? six?

i mean i can't complain too much-- more animals means more to do down the road-- but it's so hard to keep up with. i feel like i'm drowning lmao. but it's nice having a tournament again, too. clearing the battlegrounds really cuts your stuff-to-do down hard.

zenobia42
10-23-14, 07:28 PM
Time for my daily reality check on pumpkins vs. goal! (30 minutes late today, but who's counting? ;) )

9 days have elapsed so 1,440 pumpkins is exactly on track to get there.

By tomorrow night this time, the goal is 1,600.

The tournament that began a couple hours ago should really help anyone who is a little behind their goal catch up. :)

zenobia42
10-23-14, 08:03 PM
Reliable, zenobia42!

We were totally just waiting for you, haha. Well, I confess I was. :P

When a few minutes went by, and I could see people posting in other threads they noticed the tournament, and no one else wanted to jump in and start the tourney thread this time, I kinda figured y'all were waiting for me to. ;)

I'm happy to do it. I'm equally happy to step aside next time if someone else wants to take a shot at it. I enjoy helping folks out with stuff like that. But I don't want anyone to feel like I have some sort of ownership of the tourney threads - anyone is welcome to start threads when something new comes out! Though I think I can speak for kooky panda here and say it's better to only start a thread on something like this is if you can be around enough to update the OP yourself, instead of relying on kooky to do it. I've been a forum mod (of a totally different kind of forum, but a very large one) before; I know how much time and effort it takes, which is why I think the few mods here shouldn't have to also keep the OPs full of the vital info. That's easy enough for us to do. :)

locotesx3
10-23-14, 08:16 PM
When a few minutes went by, and I could see people posting in other threads they noticed the tournament, and no one else wanted to jump in and start the tourney thread this time, I kinda figured y'all were waiting for me to. ;)

I'm happy to do it. I'm equally happy to step aside next time if someone else wants to take a shot at it. I enjoy helping folks out with stuff like that. But I don't want anyone to feel like I have some sort of ownership of the tourney threads - anyone is welcome to start threads when something new comes out! Though I think I can speak for kooky panda here and say it's better to only start a thread on something like this is if you can be around enough to update the OP yourself, instead of relying on kooky to do it. I've been a forum mod (of a totally different kind of forum, but a very large one) before; I know how much time and effort it takes, which is why I think the few mods here shouldn't have to also keep the OPs full of the vital info. That's easy enough for us to do. :)

If it's broke don't fix it. You do an awesome job here in the forums. Between this thread and the tournament thread your contributions are in valuable. Please take the reins on the tourney thread and run with it. :)

elvos85
10-23-14, 10:40 PM
Does pumpkin patch drop pumpkin? Currently got only 500+ due to the iOS problem..I wan to see whether I can get the last prize on time or not..

flowless
10-23-14, 11:07 PM
Does pumpkin patch drop pumpkin? Currently got only 500+ due to the iOS problem..I wan to see whether I can get the last prize on time or not..

No it doesn't

SHINeeFan23
10-23-14, 11:23 PM

Sadly it's just decor.

elvos85
10-24-14, 01:10 AM
Thanks for reply.. Sadly can't get the last individual prize except TL extend the event ������

seekerbears
10-24-14, 12:05 PM
Got some pictures of the newest animal the Scarecrow if anyone's gonan make a form about it or wants to see it

SHINeeFan23
10-24-14, 07:35 PM
We got 10 days left & I still haven't made it to the fourth prize yet. I barely have 1823 pumpkins. I really want that last one. Hope I can make it!

elvos85
10-24-14, 07:46 PM
I only have 700++ due to iOS prob >.< the last prize is cool !

jptheripper
10-24-14, 07:52 PM
I'm at 1904. No idea if I'm gonna make it

zenobia42
10-24-14, 09:20 PM
Time for my daily reality check on pumpkins vs. goal! (2 hours minutes late today, sorry :) )

10 days have elapsed so 1,600 pumpkins is exactly on track to get there.

By tomorrow night this time, the goal is 1,760.

I'm at 1,731. The tournament is really helping with the pumpkins!

A2TUDE
10-24-14, 10:23 PM
Ok I'm getting excited lol 117 pumpkins to go yipppeeeee

And got SCARE CROW on my nest and have ABOAR evolving to level 10 VAMPIRE is at level10

Busy me if you'd like to look my ID A2TUDE

Melis2a84
10-24-14, 11:20 PM
Ok I'm getting excited lol 117 pumpkins to go yipppeeeee

And got SCARE CROW on my nest and have ABOAR evolving to level 10 VAMPIRE is at level10

Busy me if you'd like to look my ID A2TUDE

Yay congrats luv yay yay lol

A2TUDE
10-24-14, 11:30 PM
yay congrats luv yay yay lol

ty hunni co

my607
10-25-14, 05:31 AM
Looks like we should get the habitat soon like today or tommorrow.

seekerbears
10-25-14, 08:37 AM
I'll be getting my vampire cat soon! I have 2,147 pumpkins also still no luck with the scarecrow and I only have 6 days left! Also on lvl 22 for the battlegrounds!

55lee55
10-25-14, 11:07 AM
Of the three Halloween Events I was playing, this is the most difficult for me, but in some ways the most exciting as well!

I just got the second from last personal prize and am playing the Tournament that I absolutely enjoy, and zenobia, and Sand, thanks for your posts which are assisting me with the Tourney!

TL, I know I have griped about quite a few things, but I have to say that you have made up for nearly all of them to me with these Halloween events and the obvious artistic and technical effort that went into them. I am more than thrilled with the prizes! This is my first Halloween with these games, but I am having so much fun with them, especially FFS! Thanks!

A2TUDE
10-25-14, 01:03 PM
YIPPPPPEEEEE GOT SKELETAL ������������

SKELECTAL EARTH and FIRE 17hrs

If ud like to look my id is A2TUDE

my607
10-25-14, 01:10 PM
That's great! I need several hundred of the pumpkins.

Melis2a84
10-25-14, 01:12 PM
Wonderful hun that's fantastic great effort :D xx

A2TUDE
10-25-14, 01:29 PM
Wonderful hun that's fantastic great effort :D xx

Ty I'll be continuing to help push community prizes
Ty my607 ull achieve it :)

SHINeeFan23
10-25-14, 02:49 PM

Congrats A2TUDE!

zenobia42
10-25-14, 06:52 PM

11 days have elapsed so 1,760 pumpkins is exactly on track to get there.

By tomorrow night this time, the goal is 1,920.

I'm at 1,892. About a day and a half away from the vampire cat. I think we'll get the second community prize before that so it'll have a home waiting for it after I hatch it. Hatch a cat. That doesn't sound right at all. :p

zenobia42
10-25-14, 06:55 PM

I just went to look and realized you're not my neighbor! :( Please accept my invite. And before you hatch the egg, can you please do me a big favor and take a zoomed in screenshot of the egg? I'd like to add it to the pics in the OP. Thanks. And CONGRATS!!!

seekerbears
10-25-14, 08:01 PM
Just got my vampire cat! Now on to the skeletal dragon