PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update: 10-14-2104

IsisGarden
10-14-14, 08:14 AM
It's update time. Excited to see what it will be.

melis007
10-14-14, 09:15 AM
maybe halloween???

LadybugNo1
10-14-14, 11:25 AM
I think it will be a new edition:)

melis007
10-14-14, 11:36 AM
has anybody gotten anything yet???

StevenKevin
10-14-14, 11:39 AM
theres a LTO for 50 gems, hipster caf

joelynjellybean
10-14-14, 11:39 AM
It's here.

New catalog - 15 hrs - Hipster sister
Loose Tan Tops
Hipster Skirts
Tan Boots
Hipster Shades

LTO - Hipster Cafe - 50 gems

Cassette Bench - 10 gems
Wiggle Chair - 23 gems
Large Coffee - 25,000 coins
Mounted Fixie (wall decor) - 15 gems
Scaled Fabric Dressing Room - 30 gems
Mustache wallpaper - 3 gems
Cracked concrete tile - 3,000 coins

my device won't let me take screenshots right now :(

joelynjellybean
10-14-14, 11:43 AM
I actually love the hipster cafe. I bought it in my other shop. (id-rjwmlw117) you are welcome to come see it if you like

andromedablack
10-14-14, 11:58 AM
Not a fan of the deco items and I can't see the LTO very well but I like the catalogue a lot, it's very youngish and fashionable.

irlanda_c
10-14-14, 12:05 PM
I bought it, usually I dont spend so much gems on a LTO, only those I can use all year like the bar or some runways, but this is big and I can use it those times when theres no holiday. A little bit disappointed we didnt get halloween items =(

IsisGarden
10-14-14, 12:06 PM
Here's the hipster cafe. Thanks joelynjellybean.

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p773/mrsdboone/58e6f2d460ba6d7897a5b81dc7e272d5_zps11fb0e81.jpg

LadybugNo1
10-14-14, 12:06 PM
Nice catalogue, but it's for gems. Only glasses cost 25000 coins.

jojopeanut
10-14-14, 12:10 PM
GEM heavy update but I love the LTO it will go great with the Paris Caf? as well as the book store LTO from last year luckily I have both :D

aishaibrahims
10-14-14, 12:17 PM
I actually love the hipster cafe. I bought it in my other shop. (id-rjwmlw117) you are welcome to come see it if you like
Yes the LTO is really nice. I dont mind paying 50gems when its this nice! Also loving the outfit, its real cute. The wallpaper is different than any other we have and the changing room too. Much more my cup of tea than last week. All i need now is a gem sale!! Havent bought any for a while!

andromedablack
10-14-14, 12:20 PM
WOW what's those closet prices??? 32 gems for a simple shirt? 32 gems for a skirt? 83 gems to buy an outfit? Are they serious? Not to mention the 50 gems for the LTO...

StevenKevin
10-14-14, 12:22 PM
the LTO is great but then, tricky question: should we buy it or gamble hoping it will come back half price for Black Friday lol?

mantha_501
10-14-14, 12:25 PM
I quite like the lto, like others have said, you can use it all year round. But I can't deny I'm a little bit disappointed that it wasn't a Halloween update. Ah well, maybe next week ��

orleansparish
10-14-14, 12:33 PM

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p773/mrsdboone/58e6f2d460ba6d7897a5b81dc7e272d5_zps11fb0e81.jpg

Oooh this is so pretty! I need two of them. Pity im moving and need to save the money though. Oh, who am i kidding?! I can eat ice for two days for breakfast. How often do i get something this cute?! o.O. Dont judge. Im seeking help for my gaming addiction.

jewelfang
10-14-14, 12:34 PM
The LTO is nice, but again, a VERY gem heavy update, both in d?cor and in the closet. As andromedablack mentioned, 32 gems for a simple tan top? Another 32 for the skirt? The skirt is cute, it has the thigh high tights, but still??? There are gorgeous dresses in our closet that cost less. And the shoes are another 24 gems.

Only one d?cor item I saw for coins was the Coffee, which is cute enough if you have someplace to put it. And then the glasses in the closet. That's it...every single other item is for gems, and a LOT of gems at that.

The catalogue is ok, basic colors to match wherever in a shop.

Count me among the disappointed that it wasn't Halloween stuff, or at least something less gem crazy. I'm not threatening to quit or anything over it, but meh.

Sadly, I predict that next week we will get a Halloween Box (possibly with a new version), so probably nothing for me then either. I guess we might get some out of the box Halloween stuff on the 27th, 4 days before Halloween. Just in time to put it back in storage for a year! yay (/sarcasm).

On the bright side, I guess I'll have a lot of gems saved up by Black Friday, assuming we don't just get Professionally Posh and the Denim Display again, lol.

CuteTali
10-14-14, 01:13 PM
Really disappointed with the LTO being 50 gems again. Even the closet items are too expensive. The coin sunglasses are so ugly. The skirt I want to like, it has a good color and shape and I love the heart pantyhose underneath, but what's up with the socks on top of the stockings that you can't take off? It makes it so ugly, ugh... Also another black haired man in my shop, why always asian guys? Why can't we have a cute blonde hair with blue or green eyes guys? We practically never had that combined with a brunette, I'm tired of all the black-hair men in displays, it's starting to look like the same dude over and over. Another thing that's copied for the third time now is that red skirt with the black stockings and ankle boots crossing legs, they just changed the top and hair this time. Does anyone notice the man has a mitten for a right hand? No fingers or anything. I think I'll pass.

I'm really beginning to think they're not making much profit off this game anymore (maybe due to many bad updates recently), so instead of making nice updates that make people want to spend more (and we had great updates when summer started, which caused a lot of people to spend more gems), they just raise all prices on everything and make most items gems only, less coin items, almost none.

Bellamiux
10-14-14, 01:51 PM
Yay!!!! To the high tighs... but Nooooooo to the prices omgosh so gem heavy!!! Will wait for LTO on black friday pls lol I dont have enough s0ace t9 display all my toys *sad face* all in all its cute update but OMG9D GIVE ME HALLOWEEN STUFF!!!!!! (and a gem sale pls lol)

jewelfang
10-14-14, 02:06 PM
Really disappointed with the LTO being 50 gems again. Even the closet items are too expensive. The coin sunglasses are so ugly. The skirt I want to like, it has a good color and shape and I love the heart pantyhose underneath, but what's up with the socks on top of the stockings that you can't take off? It makes it so ugly, ugh... Also another black haired man in my shop, why always asian guys? Why can't we have a cute blonde hair with blue or green eyes guys? We practically never had that combined with a brunette, I'm tired of all the black-hair men in displays, it's starting to look like the same dude over and over. Another thing that's copied for the third time now is that red skirt with the black stockings and ankle boots crossing legs, they just changed the top and hair this time. Does anyone notice the man has a mitten for a right hand? No fingers or anything. I think I'll pass.

I'm really beginning to think they're not making much profit off this game anymore (maybe due to many bad updates recently), so instead of making nice updates that make people want to spend more (and we had great updates when summer started, which caused a lot of people to spend more gems), they just raise all prices on everything and make most items gems only, less coin items, almost none.

Haha, he does have a deformed right hand. I've noticed the art getting lazier and more crude recently too. Eyes sliding off people, proportions just waaay off, and repeat poses and people in displays.

Maybe they recently cut staff or something. I hope it gets back to being great. I'd hate to see it just get worse.

Please HALLOWEEN next week, and not in a box!!!!

thepuppyplace3
10-14-14, 03:44 PM
I like this week's update. The LTO is very nice, but a little to pricey for me. The catalog is cute. Wish I could get the items for my avatar. Too pricey again.

I do wish we had some Halloween items, though. My bakery and restaraunt are decorated for Halloween, but my fashion store isn't. I'm so sad about this.

MizCricket
10-14-14, 04:43 PM
This is a nice update overall, but if I'm going to invest 50 gems in a display, it has to blow me away, and this one just doesn't do it. The new catalog is cute, but my favorite new item is the new rack.

xxxe
10-14-14, 04:43 PM
I love the new outfit. I wish it wasn't so expensive in the closet though. I haven't bought a new outfit in so long because everything recently has been crazy gem heavy. Good thing I don't have to look at my avatar much lol. I wish the LTO wasn't so much or I would buy it for sure. I'm trying to save for a Halloween update but it looks like we might just get a box this year for it. Oh well I guess there's always next year. Last year I was such a low level I couldn't afford any Halloween items so I basically have nothing in my shop.

twospoons
10-14-14, 04:48 PM
sigh. i guess there's 2 more chances for new halloween stuff, but i hate keeping holiday stuff in my place after the actual holiday, so if a costume comes out on the 28th i guess i won't be mastering that one. :( maybe not even if they release one on the 21st if it has a long order time. disappointed!

but i otherwise like this update well enough, although i'll only use the catalog. i'm saving for black friday, and this LTO isn't enough to tempt me out of it.

mergirl96
10-14-14, 05:03 PM
I really like that TL is trying out different styles. A hipster update was unexpected but it is nice. I love the skirt with tights in the catalog and definitely want to see more outfits with knee socks and thigh high tights in the future. The LTO is quite lovely and I really like the cassette bench, it's cute and clever. Overall nice update. However, everything is way too expensive, especially the closet items. And even though I like the update, I wanted to see Halloween items, but it doesn't seem like TL wants to give us holiday stuff until the end of the month. I hope that the remaining updates this month are spectacularly spooky Halloween items.

jewelfang
10-14-14, 05:23 PM
I take back what I said about the art. Look at the Apricot Mannequin from just a couple of weeks ago, she has gorgeous intricate details and isbeautifully drawn. The Burning manneqiun from the beginning of fall is also lovely, though one eye is a tiny bit funny, you have to lookk very close to notice.

They obviously have people capable of producing incredible art right now. Which makes the duplicate designs and deformed people for 50 gems all the more confusing.

I love some of your recent art TL, but the quality is very inconsistant. I am almost desperate for good Halloween items. Like others, if you release them with no time for us to use them, we won't buy them. Please, lots of pretty Halloween items next week, and not so gem heavy or in a box! Pretty please! :-)

jojopeanut
10-14-14, 05:53 PM

I really love the big store front window on this update.. I don't play BS but I'll pretend it's one of my neighbours bakery's lol. Also to bad there isn't a fake person standing behind the cash register in the LTO but I love it anyway.

Natasha_07
10-14-14, 07:16 PM
I really love the big store front window on this update.. I don't play BS but I'll pretend it's one of my neighbours bakery's lol. Also to bad there isn't a fake person standing behind the cash register in the LTO but I love it anyway.

At first I thought that this was Bakery Story stuff... LOL! I like the LTO.

Zee_Zatara
10-14-14, 09:40 PM
LTO is nice, but TL ****ed it for me by overpricing it (as per usual) and adding a badly-drawn dude to it. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- the 'cute' art style in Fashion Story looks good on female characters but not on male ones.

Love the black skirt with the heart-patterned pantyhose in the new catalog. Pity it is also overpriced at 32 gems. :(

JustKay
10-14-14, 09:48 PM
the LTO is great but then, tricky question: should we buy it or gamble hoping it will come back half price for Black Friday lol?

For new players, the Black Friday and Boxing Day sales for FS are very rarely (if ever) discounts. They tend to be the option to buy items (for gems) that would normally be unavailable or difficult to get from mystery boxes. From memory, any mystery box items that do go up tend to cost more than the 24 gems you'd pay for the box (understandable when you're saving gems by not having to play the roulette). In short get it now! :D

As for the update, I love it! The cafe is sort of big and I really have no more space in my beach esplanade but it is so nice I will have to reshuffle to fit it in. The mounted bike I can use in my japanese garden\okiya. They had bicycles in the Meiji era... I think...

jojopeanut
10-14-14, 10:43 PM
Here's what I did with the LTO I like the couple in the back ground looks like they're enjoying the music and the aviance of fall. Also will use them throughout the season my Christmas shoppers will want coffee. ;)http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/Mobile%20Uploads/fashion_story-2014-10-14-10-36-12.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/Mobile%20Uploads/fashion_story-2014-10-14-10-36-12.png.html)

minidemon88
10-15-14, 04:41 AM
The LTO is awesome and I love it! There's a bakery feel to it and I really like the big transparent glass window at the side. It will be lovely if there's someone standing behind the cashier too. But there's something wrong with the man's hand, it seem to got chop off no matter how you rotate it. Is it a glitch?

Closet items are getting more and more overpriced. *sigh* :(

Ic3e
10-15-14, 07:47 AM
Here's what I did with the LTO I like the couple in the back ground looks like they're enjoying the music and the aviance of fall. Also will use them throughout the season my Christmas shoppers will want coffee. ;)http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/Mobile%20Uploads/fashion_story-2014-10-14-10-36-12.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/Mobile%20Uploads/fashion_story-2014-10-14-10-36-12.png.html)

CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT THIS. Study the couple in the music display, then study the couple in the coffee shop. The color of the blondes skirt is the same with the brunette. In addition, she has the same colored sheer leggings and the same boots. The blonde also has the same features as the brunette. The man, same jacket and pants and most importantly features and pose. Also if you study the jacket details on the music display, they match the one on the recent display.

Some people were commenting how TL's gotten sloppy with their displays. With this new evidence, you may want to rephrase. TL's getting lazy.

Now don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic display but seriously... ^^^^^^^^^^^^ this makes me really frustrated.

kat8rose
10-15-14, 08:52 AM
How about Halloween BEFORE the holiday? Unless TL makes it that we can tranfer clothing to different racks, e.g. from Halloween rack to a clearance rack/table, i don't want to have the nightmare before Christmas going on. Common sense in an update, maybe?

IsisGarden
10-15-14, 09:05 AM

I like this setup. Never thought about pairing it with the music scene. Cool!

orleansparish
10-15-14, 12:25 PM
How about Halloween BEFORE the holiday? Unless TL makes it that we can tranfer clothing to different racks, e.g. from Halloween rack to a clearance rack/table, i don't want to have the nightmare before Christmas going on. Common sense in an update, maybe?

Exactly! I won't even bother with mastering the Halloween attire from last year. I hate using android anyways. Always resetting. And I won't waste time making a cute Halloween section when I'll just have to toss everything out to make room for Xmas decor. Which is what ill do soon anyways. I've a neighbor who keeps the awesome and large display we had for goals two years ago out all year long. Girlfriend makes it work with her entire shop'so look.

I'll put some Xmas stuff out and just cross my fingers that we don't get super wack items for Black Friday.

meme1098
10-15-14, 01:06 PM
CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT THIS. Study the couple in the music display, then study the couple in the coffee shop. The color of the blondes skirt is the same with the brunette. In addition, she has the same colored sheer leggings and the same boots. The blonde also has the same features as the brunette. The man, same jacket and pants and most importantly features and pose. Also if you study the jacket details on the music display, they match the one on the recent display.

Some people were commenting how TL's gotten sloppy with their displays. With this new evidence, you may want to rephrase. TL's getting lazy.

Now don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic display but seriously... ^^^^^^^^^^^^ this makes me really frustrated.

Yes...the guy is exactly the same...arm position, awful sitting position, eyes, everything's the same except for the shirt. A lot is the same with the girl as well. That is lazy. It's really noticeable sitting side by side too.
Boy, another reason to drop this game and I started at almost the beginning when it was fun with actual goals and things to do other than just order & display.

jewelfang
10-15-14, 02:14 PM

Totally agree. It even explains his "deformed" hand. It's because in the guitar display, his hand is wrapped around the neck of the guitar. But they didn't even bother to fix it. This is obviously completely copied, ripped off their own display 100%, changed the color of his shirt, added a hat. Then stick a simple top and sweater on her, and change her hairdo. At least they bothered to change her right arm position....to the exact same arm position as one of the girls in the Paris Caf? display.

Yeah. :(

jewelfang
10-15-14, 02:17 PM
HAHAH, then look at the ORANGE JUMPSUIT guy behind it all. He's in the EXACT SAME SITTING POSITION!! His right arm angled to hold a guitar. his left arm IS moved at least. But this explains why he looks like he is sitting so awkwardly, because his original model had something in his lap...a guitar. Now I wonder how often we've seen the same model copied recently without realizing it.

That's the SAME modeled guy in 3 displays right there, with just minor changes. Yikes.

jojopeanut
10-15-14, 06:03 PM
Well I guess those display's make my shop look extra stupid then.. LOL with all the poses in going same way and all displays so close together I DON'T care TL I love my boutique anyways. LOL

JustKay
10-15-14, 09:16 PM
HAHAH, then look at the ORANGE JUMPSUIT guy behind it all. He's in the EXACT SAME SITTING POSITION!! His right arm angled to hold a guitar. his left arm IS moved at least. But this explains why he looks like he is sitting so awkwardly, because his original model had something in his lap...a guitar. Now I wonder how often we've seen the same model copied recently without realizing it.

That's the SAME modeled guy in 3 displays right there, with just minor changes. Yikes.

OMG! This is so funny. To get the same pose in three of the displays in one snapshot by accident... I guess that just reflects how often this must be happening. While recycle and reuse is obviously great for the environment, I think not properly fixing up the hands and arms is maybe bad form. FS's art style is not exactly complex. It's a bit of colour smudge here and there and presto a hand.

It sort of makes me wonder if they are cutting time and costs for these regular updates, do they even have a halloween and xmas special budget!?

Lina_101
10-16-14, 01:18 AM

I do like the update but I seriously can't believe they didn't even bother to fix the guys hand!! I thought 50 gems was a little too much for the display even though it's a nice one but considering the fact that TL literally "copied and pasted" the couple... Definitely NOT worth 50 gems!
I don't usually post a lot on here but I found Ic3e's observation quite funny tbh :D and frustrating also!

Anyway, other than that I like all the updates we get simply because it's new content and I'm always looking forward to update Tuesday! Of course some updates don't appeal to me as much as others but at least we still get weekly updates and new catalogs, I really appreciate this! I'm saving my gems for a hopefully nice Christmas update :)

jewelfang
10-16-14, 06:41 AM
Well I guess those display's make my shop look extra stupid then.. LOL with all the poses in going same way and all displays so close together I DON'T care TL I love my boutique anyways. LOL

No Jojo, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply your shop looks stupid. It looks very nice. :) We are only noticing that some of the figures are copied. I still like your layout! :D

chokdii
10-16-14, 10:07 AM
So disappointed there's been no Halloween update yet. TL has failed on BS, RS and fashion!

meme1098
10-16-14, 01:29 PM
No Jojo, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply your shop looks stupid. It looks very nice. :) We are only noticing that some of the figures are copied. I still like your layout! :D

Exactly. You did a good job. The copy & paste thing is just plain lazy as someone else put it.

jojopeanut
10-16-14, 01:29 PM
I know LOL you were talking about TL maybe being a lil on the lazy side lately. Just I guess my shop could kinda look odd with the same couple poses in one area.

jojopeanut
10-16-14, 01:31 PM
so sorry I wasn't trying to make you guys think I felt offended or that I was being snarky towards you in my remark so I appoligize.

JustKay
10-20-14, 08:23 PM
I just noticed this past week that many people I've visited have bought this LTO display (myself included, and I'm normally very selective). Despite the ruckus on this thread, TL must be laughing their way to the bank :) It's still a beautiful scene even if they did take some shortcuts.

jojopeanut
10-20-14, 11:17 PM
I really expect a new Android app tomorrow Halloween/Autumn fall something.

andromedablack
10-21-14, 07:57 AM
I just noticed this past week that many people I've visited have bought this LTO display (myself included, and I'm normally very selective). Despite the ruckus on this thread, TL must be laughing their way to the bank :) It's still a beautiful scene even if they did take some shortcuts.

And that's why the prices won't drop and LTOs will remain EXTREMELY expensive.

I was thinking that there are other games like Bakery in which you can buy new stuff and have fun without spending 100 gems per week. That's so unfair. We don't even have goals to get some displays as rewards like in BS and RS.

xxxe
10-21-14, 08:27 AM
And that's why the prices won't drop and LTOs will remain EXTREMELY expensive.

I was thinking that there are other games like Bakery in which you can buy new stuff and have fun without spending 100 gems per week. That's so unfair. We don't even have goals to get some displays as rewards like in BS and RS.

I 100% agree with you. I loved the LTO last week but I couldn't justify spending 50+ gems on it. And all the new decorations were all above 10 gems and the new outfit was like 80 gems in the closet all together. It's just unfortunate. And also like you said, in BS and RS I can not only afford everything they release each week, they have goals once a month that allows you to obtain goal prizes that are pretty much like LtOs because once the gaol ends you either have the display or you don't and can't get it again. I hope FS brings goals back one day. I love this game and will continue to play it but I only check it once or twice a day and I'm not as invested in it as I am with my bakery and restaurant. I hate to sound like I'm complaining because I am very grateful for updates once a week and for all the hard work TL puts into their games. I just feel like updates shouldn't be as gem heavy and it would be so wonderful to have a new goal.

jewelfang
10-21-14, 10:19 AM
I have to agree. I see it in a lot of my neighbors shops. I guess we should all look forward to more expensive LTO's with sloppy copywork in them, since tons of people buy them, why would TL stop making them?
(Note: I don't mind that they copy figures, honestly, but at least fix them up for the new displays!).

dalula
10-21-14, 12:09 PM
I really like the skirt in the catalog, but it's expensive. And seeing the price of the LTO in this week's update, I don't think TL will lower the price of the LTOs anytime soon, seeing as they can still get many players to buy LTOs at a very high price.