PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth giving the baron a gold bar for his birthday?

shawnsdragonworld
10-13-14, 09:35 AM
It takes a lot of golden nuggets to make the gold bar. I could really use them to trade for gems and upgrades. Does the goal lead to other goals or is it just a gold nugget sucker? Lol

reliquary
10-13-14, 09:42 AM
Nope, it is a monument to greed:(
I gave the $$ to expansions, building upgrades etc. before ever making a gold bar.
It's a long term thing, pretty soon you will have enough coin to finish the goal.
But the goal does not trigger anything else, and won't stop you from progressing.

I have mine hidden wayyyy in the back

reliquary
10-13-14, 09:46 AM
Play other storm 8 games for gems....save the gold nuggets and eventually use them for the column. I wouldn't advise doing that trade in the exchange, keep your golden items....apples etc:)

PurpleScorpion76
10-13-14, 01:56 PM
I only did this goal when I had about 50 gold nuggets the next stage is to use gold instead do you'll only use 10 nuggets. I've done about 4 bars over 3 weeks the next gold bar will likely get done after the Halloween event. I'm only doing it to get rid of the goal from my book, as soon as I make the horrible obelisk it'll get stored. I'm not having that monstrosity it my kingdom.

PurpleScorpion76
10-13-14, 01:59 PM
Play other storm 8 games for gems....save the gold nuggets and eventually use them for the column. I wouldn't advise doing that trade in the exchange, keep your golden items....apples etc:)

Regarding the exhange I only plan on doing they when I'm up to 99 nuggets. Then it'll be worth turning in to gems.

ShibuyaCloth
10-13-14, 02:10 PM
II'm not having that monstrosity it my kingdom.

So did I looooong ago. Also real estate is a real problem in the Glimmer Forest. The price of a square usable ground is more expensive as in Ginza-Tokyo. Insane! So no place for some greedy decoration.

shawnsdragonworld
10-14-14, 04:16 PM
Thank you guys for all the replies. I'm relieved to find out it's not necessary. Phew! And thanks for the advice on the gold trade. Very helpful!