PDA

View Full Version : Halloween version or regular?

pdf2
10-11-14, 08:52 AM
I have both on devise now. Which one should I be playing? What happens to Halloween version after Halloween?

[S8] Elsa
10-11-14, 09:57 AM
Editing to update: Halloween has the latest features, but there are some issues in Halloween we are currently investigating.

jaesha
10-11-14, 10:30 AM
Elsa I just posted about this in the bugs forum. Halloween version is unplayable on my device. I have an iPad Air.

Wall posts have been cut back to where you can only see 1 line. I got a popup on main account that I had reached level 150, but I've been at level 150 for many many months, so unsure now if I've lost XP. Continuous award pop ups for dragons I don't have origami and justice to nane two. Also processing keeps popping up. I went back to regular version. Am I missing out on anything playing that version instead of Halloween? It's working perfectly for me, so not sure what fixes were needed.

jptheripper
10-11-14, 10:39 AM
where is the spooky music from last year?

[S8] Elsa
10-11-14, 10:41 AM
where is the spooky music from last year?

Sorry! This version doesn't have the spooky music. :)

Skip2TheEnd
10-12-14, 03:52 AM
Elsa;980134']Sorry! This version doesn't have the spooky music. :)

Ah I liked the spooky music that was in it last year, makes a change from the normal music, and it worked so well with it.

jptheripper
10-12-14, 06:44 AM

Yeah too bad. I played on halloween specifically for that music! oh well, back to mute

Carbuck
10-12-14, 09:12 PM
Yeah too bad. I played on halloween specifically for that music! oh well, back to mute

i didn't even know about the music as I always have mine muted. LOL!

fahrensland
10-12-14, 10:40 PM

Omg :( that is such a bummer, I loved the music as well! Any chance of it being added in the next update? It made the Halloween version of DS so much more special.

brandonu
10-13-14, 09:33 AM
Is there anything in Halloween that isn't in the regular version, besides the background difference? The cache needing to reload is annoying me and I might just go back to the regular version.

cheriesrealm
10-13-14, 10:54 AM
Yes, I would also like to know if there is any reason to play the Halloween version rather than the regular version other than the ability to breed the pumpkin dragon and more expansion islands on the Halloween version. From the description in the iTunes Store, it said there would be a special Halloween world event and special Halloween decor. Maybe that is coming soon? Will the Halloween world event also be available on the regular version of DS? Thanks for any info!

freshfunin2008
10-13-14, 11:44 AM
Is there anything in Halloween that isn't in the regular version, besides the background difference? The cache needing to reload is annoying me and I might just go back to the regular version.

In Halloween version you can expand past the original 20 plots.

freshfunin2008
10-13-14, 11:45 AM
Yes, I would also like to know if there is any reason to play the Halloween version rather than the regular version other than the ability to breed the pumpkin dragon and more expansion islands on the Halloween version. From the description in the iTunes Store, it said there would be a special Halloween world event and special Halloween decor. Maybe that is coming soon? Will the Halloween world event also be available on the regular version of DS? Thanks for any info!

Those events run for 14 days so I am guessing it starts on the 21st since that will pass through the 31 date. It can't start tomorrow since it would end on the 28th. But hey I don't work for TL.

LOL

brandonu
10-13-14, 12:39 PM
In Halloween version you can expand past the original 20 plots.

Thanks! Do you know what the max is now? I've gone up to 24 but would like to know the limit.

[S8] Elsa
10-13-14, 12:50 PM
Thanks! Do you know what the max is now? I've gone up to 24 but would like to know the limit.

There's 20 more new plots. :)

DragonstoneJr
10-13-14, 01:20 PM
Hi Elsa,
I posted this already on the bugs forum, but think this may be a better place for it?
Problems noted:
1. Short note length on the wall. Only one line provided.
2. Takes a VERY long time for the loading (the game, neighboring islands, neighbor lists for visiting and lists of neighbors in requesting maps/giving gold, and moving between islands)
3. Am unable to select or remove a dragon from the stable to put it back into a habitat (I do have an empty spot available in the appropriate color habitat).
4. Food purchased to grow mysteriously disappears from the farm . Do not know if the purchase price is returned or if it is lost.
I am playing on an iPhone 5s, only 2 months old. I have all current updates and am playing the Halloween version of DS
As for the stable problem, I have only addressed that here. If you think I need to address it in a different location, please let me know. Many thanks!

freshfunin2008
10-13-14, 01:20 PM
Some one said there is a total of 40 plots now. Now if we could just get an increase in habitats. Hmmmmmmmm

[S8] Elsa
10-13-14, 01:39 PM
Hi Elsa,
I posted this already on the bugs forum, but think this may be a better place for it?
Problems noted:
1. Short note length on the wall. Only one line provided.
2. Takes a VERY long time for the loading (the game, neighboring islands, neighbor lists for visiting and lists of neighbors in requesting maps/giving gold, and moving between islands)
3. Am unable to select or remove a dragon from the stable to put it back into a habitat (I do have an empty spot available in the appropriate color habitat).
4. Food purchased to grow mysteriously disappears from the farm . Do not know if the purchase price is returned or if it is lost.
I am playing on an iPhone 5s, only 2 months old. I have all current updates and am playing the Halloween version of DS
As for the stable problem, I have only addressed that here. If you think I need to address it in a different location, please let me know. Many thanks!

1) I'm talking to someone about this.
2) If you have a long neighbor list, since this is a completely different version, your game might not have had the time to cache the info it needs to make load times easier. As you play, it'll save it and should make loading easier. Let me know if it doesn't improve. :)
3) This is a known issue, which will require a version update. We're working on resolving this asap.
4) Can you let me know which crops? I tested planting and my crops are staying put on all rotations.

cdbabe
10-13-14, 07:10 PM
My issues

the mining expansion coz I reach my goal already. In holloween I can expand but on my old version still nothing happening but the rest of it are fine with my old and holloween version.

Initially there is gold sale but when you check it the price still the same???

Anyone got the same problem?

Please help and explain..

kooky panda
10-14-14, 07:41 AM
My issues

the mining expansion coz I reach my goal already. In holloween I can expand but on my old version still nothing happening but the rest of it are fine with my old and holloween version.

Initially there is gold sale but when you check it the price still the same???

Anyone got the same problem?

Please help and explain..

Right now I would advise only playing the Halloween version( except when you have to take a dragon out of storage) because the Halloween update may also have some back end bug fixes included.

My mine is also still closed in the regular game and my sales gem prices are not showing in the regular game.

I just bought gems in the Halloween version (on sale) with no issues.

I would continue to play the Halloween version, until the regular version gets it next update.

freshfunin2008
10-14-14, 07:45 AM
Another benefit of the new version is that there should be a goal for 30 gold as well as the extra 20 expansion plots. I like 30 gold so I updated and my new version is running better than the older version.

SANDSCApe
10-14-14, 07:48 AM
Based on the scheduling of all previous World Events, one should start today. Hopefully, it's a Trick-or-Treat event. But will we need to be playing the Halloween version to participate?
I downloaded it JUST for the awesome music we had last year along with the gorgeous night sky and creepy landscape. But there's no Halloween music this time and the game lags terribly. I want to delete it.

Also, why are Halloween decorations only available in the market for my main account? (They never actually went away after last Halloween)? I can't buy pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, tombstones, scarecrows or hollow trees on my other 2 accounts which are using the same device. Did they NOT make those items available to all players?

0midget0
10-14-14, 01:14 PM
I don't have any halloween decorations available in my market?
Is it normal?

Clark_Wayne
10-14-14, 05:47 PM
I'm playing halloween version for 2 days and it crashes a lot !
Visit to level 150 neighbor : crash ! (It crashes also with regular version but now it crashes faster ! )
Going out from the mine : crash ! (It crashes also with regular version but now it crashes faster !)
With the regular version i must be crashing after 30min-1h
With halloween version, i must be crashing every 5-10 min

I'm happy that we got more mining island plot so i can finally use my 999 island parts ! :)
And it is a good idea to put the possibility to visit neighbor's arctic isles :)

Kennedward
10-15-14, 07:01 AM
I keep playing on the regular ver because Halloween kept crashing for me