PDA

View Full Version : After installing new Halloween DS continuos goal completion pop-ups when doing visits

EmmaLedger95
10-11-14, 03:28 AM
I installed the DS Halloween game with no problem. I'm playing on a iPad mini 2 with Retina. Everything was fine on my island all animations downloaded etc. I even purchased gold and received it without problem. Then I went to visit neighbors- after playing with the dragons on their Islands and then posting a message to them is where the problem lays. I started getting literally every goal completed or not, pop up over and over. The only thing I could do was close out. I tried several islands and they all did the same, as soon as you start to leave your neighbor a message the screen goes nuts with your goals popping up.

I see the Artic Isle thread but this occurred on the neighbors main Islands. I also cleared history and shut down totally but it did nothing. So it's not on my devices end.

Until this is resolved it will make visiting neighbors virtually impossible.

The new look is great TL, I obviously just wish it didn't come with a bug that effects play in such a huge way.

Please take a look at it and I realize you will fix it ASAP. Thank you. Emma

LonePudding
10-11-14, 03:37 AM
This happened to me too. Saying that I completed goal about the porcelain dragon that I don't have. My neighbour has the porcelain but I don't. So she just completed a goal for me?!

nmishii
10-11-14, 04:27 AM
The old goals popping up have been occurring on Android for probably over 2 years. Many, many threads on it. Now that it's happening on iOS I am sure they will fix it asap. Hopefully it's the same problem as android and they will fix it for us too.

buttabdullah99
10-11-14, 04:43 AM
After seeing your post I went into my game and left a note on my neighbours wall and I also got 3 pop up again and again and then I checked my goal book, my game stucked and I got those goals again 😁😁

Annica5
10-11-14, 05:12 AM
Yes, seems my neighbors dragons complete my goals. Not old goals popping up.

Dragonerita
10-11-14, 06:03 AM
Same here when trying to post to my neighbors. I play on Ipad Air and StormID is Dragonerita. Of course the goals don't count as complete, although the popups keep coming.....

pattylew
10-11-14, 06:12 AM
I have same problem and posted it on another thread before I saw this one. I also found that trying to leave a message on the wall will no longer wrap but cuts off sentence instead.

buttabdullah99
10-11-14, 06:13 AM
Yes, seems my neighbors dragons complete my goals. Not old goals popping up.
Hey!!! I notice that too I also got only those pop ups which dragons my neighbours are having like jester I don't have but my neighbour have and dark angel and unicorn also I checked it and its your neighbour's dragons pop up lol 😝😝

cdbabe
10-11-14, 07:12 AM
Hello guys

Just wanna ask do we play with our old dragon story or play with dragon story holloween ?

Because i find it there is difference between the 2 island which both same account :-(

Like the mining to expand its open again in holloween but my old still close because i reach the limit already ;-(

Then there is gold sake but still the same price :-(

Please help guys!!! Thnks

CuteTali
10-11-14, 07:27 AM
Another problem with the new DS HW is the fact that you can't see past the first line of a message, whether on my own wall or on neighbour's wall. I tried refreshing etc. it didn't work.

sparkwalker
10-11-14, 08:14 AM
I'm having the same problem, but after download I have 2 isles , halloween and original, does anyone else have this? I also have a lot of glitches such as kicking me out, my original isle states no postings on wall and so forth, anyone else?

ginrae22
10-11-14, 08:48 AM
I can't believe we actually get a new version of a game for a holiday !!!! So excited! iOS never gets that anymore! I am sorry to hear that it's super glitchy but so far having a Halloween version of ANYTHING is making me very excited !!! Now if only we could get that for FS2 and BS and RS I would be over the moon !!!

tuffyjkitten
10-11-14, 09:54 AM
Did you also notice in the Halloween version we can visit our neighbors arctic isles? It's cool but the graphics are taking waaaaaaay too long to load.

charismabmw33
10-11-14, 09:54 AM
I having problems too, there a gold sale on my Halloween island but the prices are not sale prices. And what's the difference between the two games.

[S8] Elsa
10-11-14, 10:18 AM
We're looking into this. Thank you for the reports!

Sylvrthrne
10-11-14, 10:22 AM
Ack! My game just went pop up crazy on the Halloween version! Non-stop pop-ups on goals that I haven't completed

[S8] Elsa
10-11-14, 12:35 PM
This has been fixed. You can now post on walls without receiving the goal completion messages. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

CuteTali
10-11-14, 11:11 PM
Elsa;980211']This has been fixed. You can now post on walls without receiving the goal completion messages. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Yes, there's still the issue of only 1 line showing on wall messages.

LonePudding
10-12-14, 02:42 AM
Another problem with the new DS HW is the fact that you can't see past the first line of a message, whether on my own wall or on neighbour's wall. I tried refreshing etc. it didn't work.

Apparently on the normal version, if your message was over 3 lines, it would automatically cut it into 2 messages. But I never had that, I had to gauge where 2 lines might be, then continue the sentence in part 2. Now it's only one line, it's truly annoying, especially when neighbours are helping me on my wall, and leave not knowing they didn't finish the sentence.
Example: Hey friend, sent gold today. how I got the diamond dragon was
Then it cuts off 😑 TL please fix ASAP!

catpaladin
10-22-14, 10:30 PM
The issue of the pop up goals continues off and on for me. iPhone6 iOS8.1 Halloween version of DS

I've noticed that often when I DONT have that issue, that the option to visit the Arctic Isles is not available. When it is again - I have the pop up issue.

Not sure if this is absolutely every time. It is sometimes so bad that I just visit quickly and post - I can't stand looking for all 6 likes. Sometimes, I get 6+ pop ups.