PDA

View Full Version : Castle Update 10/9/15: Halloween Caravans

[S8] Buttercup
10-09-14, 12:03 PM
Hello everyone!

Halloween is right around the corner, and it's time for your kingdom to start ramping up for the festivities. This week's update is a set of three limited-time caravan quests that are available to all players level 15+ and focus on helping neighboring kingdoms get ready for their spooky festivities.

In addition to its normal rewards, each caravan quest has a special Halloween costume part as a reward (Witch Hat, Fangbeast Mask, and Princess Tiara) to give you a head start on an event that's coming up soon :)

Have fun!

xanethi
10-09-14, 12:05 PM
First is visiting ivys hut - have to wait 7 hours for that one

The whole set of Goals is for a limited time only, not just the first one.

edit (KP)
(Quest line provided by mikado86)

Partly Planner
Check out the party supplies 0/1 (visit Ivy's hut)

Unlocks
The Refreshment Caravans
The Decorative Caravan
The Spooky Caravan

The Refreshment Caravans
Load Carrots onto the Caravans 0/40
Load Sugar Cane onto the Caravans 0/80
Load Apples onto the Caravans 0/5
Load Strawberries onto the Caravans 0/80
Load Milk onto the Caravans 0/80
Reward 5 Witch Hat

The Spooky Caravan
Load Bones onto the Caravans 0/60
Load Creep Teeth onto the Caravans 0/60
Load Red Dye onto the Caravans 0/8
Load Noodles onto the Caravans 0/8
Reward 5 Fangbeast Mask

noodles:2 flour, 3 water, and 12 eggs. 30 minutes cooking time in kitchen

The Decorative Caravan
Get Party RSVPs from your neighbors 0/80 (ask neighbors)
Load Simple Glue onto the Caravans 0/25
Load Orange Dye onto the Caravans 010
Load Black Dye onto the Caravans 0/10
Load Cheap Parchment onto the Caravans 0/20
Reward 5 Princess Tiara

New Recipes
Potion Shop
Orange Dye (1hour)
6 Orange Petals
5 Water

Potion Shop
Black Ink (1hour)
5 Coal
5 Water

Workshop
Cheap Parchment (2hours)
3 Wood
3 Water

The Spooky Times Ahead
Take a breather at Ivy's Hut 0/1
reward 3 gems

The Masks are reward items, you cant show them in your kingdom and have no apparent use on or after the quests, as stated on first post they will be used on next update
Quests finish after this

Yayyyyyy Halloween! ...and weeee, orange dye! Lol
The witch hats ... *sinister witchy cackle* lol
15940 15941

Oh! ...and the fangbeast mask! *grooooowl* lol
15942 15943

brandonu
10-09-14, 12:06 PM
I see there is a timer on the first goal. Do we have 7 days to complete the 3 caravans?

zenobia42
10-09-14, 12:07 PM
I have 7.5 hours for my Ivy's hut. Ah, well. I'm excited to see what's coming up from those who don't have to wait!

And I'm SUPER excited that this is (according to the OP) a prelude to a Halloween EVENT! Wheeeeee

PurpleScorpion76
10-09-14, 12:13 PM
Only just over the hour wait for me. I'll post the next step if no one beats me to it. Though no pics from me. Will have to type.

roguebee
10-09-14, 12:14 PM
Apparently a fair number of neighbors are not having to wait to visit Ivy's hut. I've already received requests to send 5 Party RSVPs. (I didn't realize that somewhere in the distant past that French was introduced to the kingdoms...)

Rockylandia
10-09-14, 12:17 PM
Eighty RSVPs needed! Rather a lot.

meme1098
10-09-14, 12:18 PM
After a visit to Ivy's

Decorative Caravan-7 days
1. Get RSVPs from your neighbors - 80
2. Simple glue- 25
3. Orange dye - 10 (6 orange petals +5 water - 1 hr potion shop)
4. Black Ink - 10 (5 coal + 5 water - 1 hr potion shop)
5. Cheap Parchment- 20 (3 wood + 3 water - 2 hrs work shop)

Refreshment Caravan-7 days
1. Carrots-40
2. SugarCane-80
3. Apples-5
4. Strawberries-80
5. Milk-80

Spooky Caravan-7 days
1. Bones-60
2. Creep Tooth-60
3. Red Dye-8
4. Noodles-8

GC5410
10-09-14, 12:23 PM
Glad I had a bit of a stockpile, was able to do the spooky caravan instantly, yay! Just a bit of crop planting and making orange dye and parchment for me, as well as waiting for those 80 RSVPs of course! :) Glad we get pieces that will help us with next weeks goals, hopefully will be worth it!

zenobia42
10-09-14, 12:23 PM
After a visit to Ivy's

Decorative Caravan-7 days
1. Get RSVPs from your neighbors - 80
2. Simple glue- 25
3. Orange dye - 10
4. Black Ink - 10 (1 hr potion shop)
5. Cheap Parchment- 20

Refreshment Caravan-7 days
1. Carrots-40
2. SugarCane-80
3. Apples-5
4. Strawberries-80
5. Milk-80

Spooky Caravan-7 days
1. Bones-60
2. Creep Tooth-60
3. Red Dye-8
4. Noodles-8
AWESOME - now I know what to stock up on during my 7 hour wait for Ivy, thanks!

ETA: what are requirements for "cheap parchment"? I've only ever made fine parchment before that I know of.

meme1098
10-09-14, 12:24 PM
Apparently a fair number of neighbors are not having to wait to visit Ivy's hut. I've already received requests to send 5 Party RSVPs. (I didn't realize that somewhere in the distant past that French was introduced to the kingdoms...)

I just accepted 14 requests. Lol
And I didn't have to wait either since I don't collect from characters buildings on Thursdays.

meme1098
10-09-14, 12:26 PM
AWESOME - now I know what to stock up on during my 7 hour wait for Ivy, thanks!

ETA: what are requirements for "cheap parchment"? I've only ever made fine parchment before that I know of.

Your welcome.
I started it in the workshop and forgot sorry. Will post when it's done.

xinxintalk
10-09-14, 12:27 PM
"cheap parchment" is made of water and wood.
Sorry, I forgot how many. I am making it now.

Seriously700
10-09-14, 12:30 PM
"cheap parchment" is made of water and wood.
Sorry, I forgot how many. I am making it now.

I think it was 3 wood and 3 water

mikado86
10-09-14, 12:36 PM
Partly Planner

Unlocks
The Refreshment Caravans
The Decorative Caravan
The Spooky Caravan

The Refreshment Caravans
Load Carrots onto the Caravans 0/40
Load Sugar Cane onto the Caravans 0/80
Load Apples onto the Caravans 0/5
Load Strawberries onto the Caravans 0/80
Load Milk onto the Caravans 0/80
Reward 5 Witch Hat

The Spooky Caravan
Load Bones onto the Caravans 0/60
Load Creep Teeth onto the Caravans 0/60
Load Red Dye onto the Caravans 0/8
Load Noodles onto the Caravans 0/8
Reward 5 Fangbeast Mask

The Decorative Caravan
Get Party RSVPs from your neighbors 0/80 (ask neighbors)
Load Simple Glue onto the Caravans 0/25
Load Orange Dye onto the Caravans 010
Load Black Dye onto the Caravans 0/10
Load Cheap Parchment onto the Caravans 0/20
Reward 5 Princess Tiara

New Recipes
Potion Shop
Orange Dye (1hour)
6 Orange Petals
5 Water

Potion Shop
Black Ink (1hour)
5 Coal
5 Water

Workshop
Cheap Parchment (2hours)
3 Wood
3 Water

The Spooky Times Ahead
Take a breather at Ivy's Hut 0/1
reward 3 gems

The Masks are reward items, you cant show them in your kingdom and have no apparent use on or after the quests, as stated on first post they will be used on next update
Quests finish after this

dragon2046
10-09-14, 12:39 PM
Thanks TL can't wait for the upcoming event. �� last week we saw all the fellora plants in neighbors gardens, this week it'll be sugar. ��. Enjoy everyone.

catpaladin
10-09-14, 12:41 PM
I got the first part of the goal to visit Ivy's hut. I clicked through the goal which took me to Ivy's hut and tapped on Ivy's hut - BUT nothing changed in the goal.. Now I have to wait ANOTHER 8 hours to trigger the goal? Or will I wait another 8 hours to NOT have it trigger again? Anyone else with this glitch?

I deleted the app and I am currently downloading it again. I hope this works.

At first the deleting of the app didn't work. But, I looked an hour later and there as only an hour left out of what should have been 7 hours.

I am on the quest now.

Since Ivy's hut is 12 hours, maybe this was all an error on my part. :confused:

I'm home sick with a cold or something like that (Doc gave antibiotics too) so I guess my mind is sluggish.

Seriously700
10-09-14, 12:43 PM
I can see in my messages that a few neighbors have responded to my request for help, but nothing is registering in my quest book. Is that happening to anyone else?

kooky panda
10-09-14, 12:44 PM
I can see in my messages that a few neighbors have responded to my request for help, but nothing is registering in my quest book. Is that happening to anyone else?
You may see a delay. You can force close the game and come back to see the change.

meme1098
10-09-14, 12:44 PM

A force quit and reopening the game will get them to show up.
Kooky & I are on the same page...lol.

kooky panda
10-09-14, 12:45 PM
Kooky & I are on the same page...lol.

What is that saying....... Great minds! LOL

meme1098
10-09-14, 12:46 PM
Yea...I'll go with that..lol

xinxintalk
10-09-14, 12:47 PM

Me too!! T_T

Oh! Close and reopen it......Got it!
Thank you all so much! :)

kooky panda
10-09-14, 12:47 PM
I cannot believe of all the things, I was short milk!!

seishy
10-09-14, 12:49 PM
uggg, I really hate these types of quests, such a pain .

silveryedges
10-09-14, 12:58 PM
Great as this will keep me busy for days. Somehow I am short on many of the needed ingredients which only adds to the excitement.

I am curious about what the rewards will be used for later on...

Happy caravaning everyone :)

silveryedges
10-09-14, 01:00 PM
I cannot believe of all the things, I was short milk!!

Same here because today I knew nothing better than sending out trades requiring milk. Lots of milk.

Marmalademuffin
10-09-14, 01:02 PM
What is it that you don't like? Is it because it is timed? Or is it the amount of stuff required? Just wondering because I really like them!

uggg, I really hate these types of quests, such a pain .

midsom
10-09-14, 01:05 PM
I can't visit Ivy's hut for ten hours, are the black and orange dye and cheap parchment available after visiting the hut or after receipt of 80 rsvp's ? I am level 28 and want to know if this is for everyone?

PikaSquirrel
10-09-14, 01:12 PM
I see there is a timer on the first goal. Do we have 7 days to complete the 3 caravans?

The whole set of Goals is for a limited time only, not just the first one.

fluffybutter007
10-09-14, 01:13 PM
I can't visit Ivy's hut for ten hours, are the black and orange dye and cheap parchment available after visiting the hut or after receipt of 80 rsvp's ? I am level 28 and want to know if this is for everyone?

This goal line is for all players that are level 15+. Once you visit Ivy's Hut the first time, the orange and black dye will appear as an option in your potion shop. The cheap parchment will be an option in your workshop at this time as well. :)

kudukuda
10-09-14, 01:26 PM
What is that saying....... Great minds! LOL

Yea...I'll go with that..lol

You guys DO know the second half od that quote... Right? 😁

blontj3
10-09-14, 01:27 PM
Im going to try this! Hell yea, planted my carrots because I was out of them, only thing I then still need is some strawberries for that particuliar caravan, but they least just an hour so that won't be a problem. I just want to finish a goal from head till toe once xD. So I decided it would be this one. bring it on!! 8|

meme1098
10-09-14, 01:40 PM
You guys DO know the second half od that quote... Right? ��

We're ignoring the rest. ... But fools seldom differ.

CLOVERKAITO
10-09-14, 01:41 PM
Lol I'm short strawberries and milk because I do the trades. The excess black ink I made from the last quest (can't remember what quest) were usable :)

meme1098
10-09-14, 01:43 PM
Great as this will keep me busy for days. Somehow I am short on many of the needed ingredients which only adds to the excitement.

I am curious about what the rewards will be used for later on...

Happy caravaning everyone :)

Last year around thanksgiving we dressed up our farm animals like turkeys. The masks, tiaras & witches hats could be for more costumes but hopefully not for the animals again.

Can you see a dragon wearing a tiara? Lol. Or Thurston? Now I'd like to seek that!!

bookadey
10-09-14, 01:52 PM
So excited! I'm in pretty good shape inventory-wise except for noodles and glue since I've been concentrating on expanding,building and sending Knights on adventures.

I just have to wait 9 more hours til I can check on Ivy. Not sure I can wait that long....I need to distract myself with some planting and cooking :)

Thorgal
10-09-14, 02:06 PM
Only problem for me will be the 80 RSVPs from neighbours. Feel free to add an active player :) Code: thorgal

shannonth
10-09-14, 02:11 PM
Cheap parment is 3 wood 3 water and all the ink and stuff is unlocked once you visit ivy hunt

PurpleScorpion76
10-09-14, 02:17 PM
Thankfully I'm stocked on most items, just need the orange dye, black ink, parchment , a few noodles and the neighbour requests. Now restocking.

FridayFarms
10-09-14, 02:30 PM
How do you get apples? Do I have to buy an apple tree with gems?

jptheripper
10-09-14, 02:34 PM
I had 10 black inks, but somehow had 1 carrot! of course.
LOL
guess i know what i am planting while i am making cheap parchments.

meme1098
10-09-14, 02:43 PM
How do you get apples? Do I have to buy an apple tree with gems?

Sir pigsalot drops apples every now & then. But, of course, an apple tree would be a sure drop and even give you a golden apple once in awhile.

bookadey
10-09-14, 03:42 PM
I've read on this forum that you can get an apple tree from adventures (not sure which one), but at level 25, I didn't want to wait anymore so I bought one with gems. It took a month to get the golden apple and Sir Piggles, so kind of a catch 22 there.

forkyfork99
10-09-14, 03:42 PM
I'm going to be on a cruise and thus out of Internet starting Saturday for a week. Just to confirm none of these caravans are required, they just help you get a start on things coming up, yes?

wheatsy
10-09-14, 03:51 PM
Don't think I seen anyone post what was need for noodles.. Anyone know? Thanks :)

tweeps
10-09-14, 03:53 PM
Don't think I seen anyone post what was need for noodles.. Anyone know? Thanks :)

Flour and water.
You can craft them in the kitchen.

fahrensland
10-09-14, 04:06 PM
Buttercup;979004']Hello everyone!

In addition to its normal rewards, each caravan quest has a special Halloween costume part as a reward (Witch Hat, Fangbeast Mask, and Princess Tiara) to give you a head start on an event that's coming up soon :)

Have fun!

What happens if we only finish 1 or 2 of the caravans? For example, I only have 19 creep teeth and Im not sure I can get all 60 in 7 days. Will I be penalized in the future event (e.g., not able to participate/complete it if I'm missing the spooky masks) for not being able to finish all 3 caravans?

[S8] Buttercup
10-09-14, 04:11 PM
What happens if we only finish 1 or 2 of the caravans? For example, I only have 19 creep teeth and Im not sure I can get all 60 in 7 days. Will I be penalized in the future event (e.g., not able to participate/complete it if I'm missing the spooky masks) for not being able to finish all 3 caravans?

Nope -- these rewards will give you a head start on that event, but you won't be penalized for not getting them.

fluffybutter007
10-09-14, 04:13 PM

2 flour, 3 water, and 12 eggs. 30 minutes cooking time in kitchen. :)

wheatsy
10-09-14, 04:17 PM
Thank you Tweeps & -fluffybutter007! I duno how to reply with your replys lol :)

midsom
10-09-14, 04:33 PM
This goal line is for all players that are level 15+. Once you visit Ivy's Hut the first time, the orange and black dye will appear as an option in your potion shop. The cheap parchment will be an option in your workshop at this time as well. :)

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Phaedrakiki
10-09-14, 04:34 PM
Press "Reply with quote" on the message you want to reply to. Then type after the quoted message. Make sure you start your message after the entire quote, including the word "quote" & final "]".

Edit: I just realized you probably wanted to know how to reply to more than one person. Just press the button after "reply with quote"--the one with a quote symbol & + (plus sign.) Press that button for each person you want to reply to. When ready, hit "reply with quote" (in one of the posts) & it will add multiple quotes to your post. Good luck! :D

priscillasp
10-09-14, 04:51 PM
Do we have 7 days starting from the time we visit Ivy's Hut? OR does it start from today?

wheatsy
10-09-14, 05:21 PM
Press "Reply with quote" on the message you want to reply to. Then type after the quoted message. Make sure you start your message after the entire quote, including the word "quote" & final "]".

Edit: I just realized you probably wanted to know how to reply to more than one person. Just press the button after "reply with quote"--the one with a quote symbol & + (plus sign.) Press that button for each person you want to reply to. When ready, hit "reply with quote" (in one of the posts) & it will add multiple quotes to your post. Good luck! :D

Got it! And thank you for that info

fluffybutter007
10-09-14, 05:28 PM
Do we have 7 days starting from the time we visit Ivy's Hut? OR does it start from today?

The timer started when the update was released (not when you visit Ivy). :)

Saphira3710
10-09-14, 05:32 PM
Why is ALL 3 caravans having to be done at the same time? Because all 3 have a 7 day limit and with everything that has to be provided to complete all 3 goals/quests not everything will be completed on time... Do you have an answers on my question of why all 3 at the same time. Thank you, Elizabeth H. Saphira3710

otgland
10-09-14, 05:47 PM
Why is ALL 3 caravans having to be done at the same time? Because all 3 have a 7 day limit and with everything that has to be provided to complete all 3 goals/quests not everything will be completed on time... Do you have an answers on my question of why all 3 at the same time. Thank you, Elizabeth H. Saphira3710

You will be fine.. focus on the items and the resources you have to make them. things that take a long time... do during the night or workday. You can do this...!

klaw1502
10-09-14, 06:48 PM
Can't figure out how to make cheap parchment???Help!!

ryusei745
10-09-14, 06:51 PM
prediction time!
Fangbeast Sheep
Witch Chicken
Princess Pig
maybe a trio of mythical costumed creatures.

I really hope they make costumes for the actual characters though. Witch Ivy, Fangbeast Thurston, And of course, Princess/Queen Griselda (Sabina is already kinda dressed like a princess anywho).

fluffybutter007
10-09-14, 07:03 PM

Cheap parchment becomes available after you visit Ivy's Hut (1st goal). Cheap parchment takes 3 wood, 3 water, and 2 hours in the workshop. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-09-14, 07:24 PM
Yayyyyyy Halloween! ...and weeee, orange dye! Lol
The witch hats ... *sinister witchy cackle* lol
15940 15941

Oh! ...and the fangbeast mask! *grooooowl* lol
15942 15943

girufel
10-09-14, 07:25 PM
I'm going to be on a cruise and thus out of Internet starting Saturday for a week. Just to confirm none of these caravans are required, they just help you get a start on things coming up, yes?

Same for me. 2 weeks cruise until halloween. I hope the upcoming halloween event won't be time limited. Don't want to miss anything.
Happy cruising :-)

bookadey
10-09-14, 08:04 PM
I'm kinda hoping the tiara is for me! :p

CuteTali
10-09-14, 09:13 PM
Omg, how can I possibly collect and craft all this stuff in such insane amounts in only a week? I think I better not even bother with this set of goals. Really disappointing updates this week on all TL games, especially RS, that's about did it for me. I'm about ready to quit all games.

siljesilla
10-09-14, 09:21 PM
My party RSVPs are not showing up in my quest book and force closing the app didn't work. :/

forkyfork99
10-09-14, 09:40 PM
Same for me. 2 weeks cruise until halloween. I hope the upcoming halloween event won't be time limited. Don't want to miss anything.

Haha. Cruise twinsies!! How are we gonna survive without our precious CS access??

29vanilla
10-09-14, 09:51 PM
I am so bummed I do not have Sir Piggy I do not have an apple tree. I go on adventures every day, play this game constantly. I'm so disappointed TL that some players like me will not be able to complete these quests unless we purchase gems to buy an apple tree.

EBJW
10-09-14, 10:01 PM
80 requests to send.
That means: hundreds to answer....! I have 277 neighbours, most of them active. And some send multiple requests... I feel an RSI-finger poping up... :rolleyes:

No, but really, I'll be glad if the huge amount will be less in future. Regarding the past quests this really means hundreds to answer for 7 days. I like this quest very much, but this part.... na...

Queenzod
10-09-14, 10:05 PM
Omg, how can I possibly collect and craft all this stuff in such insane amounts in only a week? I think I better not even bother with this set of goals. Really disappointing updates this week on all TL games, especially RS, that's about did it for me. I'm about ready to quit all games.

You can do it! I've got two caravans done, and I'm almost completely restocked on all plants. I've got 10 orange inks made, 10 cheap parchments done, so I should be back to normal by Sunday at the latest, with the exception of the bones and creep tooth. You can do it! It's really not so much when you get started on it. You just have to put everything else aside. My kitchens are actually sitting empty right now. After nearly two years, it's time to get new ovens anyway. :)

shadowmaster13
10-09-14, 11:11 PM
First is visiting ivys hut - have to wait 7 hours for that one
edit (KP)
(Quest line provided by mikado86)

Partly Planner

Unlocks
The Refreshment Caravans
The Decorative Caravan
The Spooky Caravan

Here's some screenshots of the first four quests
15946 15948
15947 15949

craftfan
10-10-14, 12:15 AM

My cruise ship had small Internet cafe area. You might be pleasantly surprised.

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 01:11 AM
Flour and water.
You can craft them in the kitchen.

And eggs.

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 01:14 AM

Thanks for that I did wonder how to reply to multiple posts.

Edit: Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work if you move to another page.

GaSaKaDa
10-10-14, 01:18 AM
Noooooo.....carrots.......carrots......CARROTS!! Why hadn't I got a stock of carrots, got loads of other stuff, oh well. Loving the update and looking forward to seeing what the next one holds. Hope we get something cool like last years bat cave?

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 01:23 AM

I am so bummed I do not have Sir Piggy I do not have an apple tree. I go on adventures every day, play this game constantly. I'm so disappointed TL that some players like me will not be able to complete these quests unless we purchase gems to buy an apple tree.

I did think adding apples to a quest available to Level 15 was a bum move on TL's part.

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 01:25 AM
Ok so it did work but didn't show up in the quote box! How confusing.

katbtodd
10-10-14, 02:13 AM
Wow!!!!! already noticed our 7 days has already switch over to 6 days we lost about 12 hours, I wonder how long TL days are ???

EBJW
10-10-14, 04:08 AM
Wow!!!!! already noticed our 7 days has already switch over to 6 days we lost about 12 hours, I wonder how long TL days are ???

Indeed:

???

GC5410
10-10-14, 04:30 AM

Indeed:

???

TL days are 24 hours, but timed goals always start and end 8 hours apart, so when it says 7 days, you actually get 6 days and 16 hours (the display rounds up). Goals start at 8pm UK time (that's 12pm TL time or pacific) and finish at 12pm UK time (4am TL time or pacific).

So each day at 12pm UK time (4am pacific) your timer will change to one day less.
So that's 7am in Maine for Katbtodd and 1pm in The Netherlands for EBJW.

CoyoteMama
10-10-14, 06:05 AM
I have many friends and requested help last night and this morning, but the game has only scored 3 replies. This is clearly wrong. Normally I would have many respones by now. What's up?

belbar22
10-10-14, 06:17 AM
I have many friends and requested help last night and this morning, but the game has only scored 3 replies. This is clearly wrong. Normally I would have many respones by now. What's up?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling. Sometimes it takes a while for responses to register.

FrostyFinn
10-10-14, 06:31 AM
The same thing is happening to me. I have only one single reply but have replied to many many requests myself. I have force quit twice and reinstalled. No change, still one single, solitary reply stares me in the face. Sigh.

goldielambo
10-10-14, 06:51 AM
I think 7 days to do these is easily achievable. Started this just before bed last night, setting timer all day so I am aware when things are ready, and will have everything except the invites done by sleep time tonight.

I had no ready made inks at all, so do not think I had to 'skip' this, but I always make sure I have 99 petals in storage, so as soon as I started making these, I got the flowers back on the board to collect from, back up to the 99.

I planted carrots overnight, they will be ready in a few hours, and then I will plant up the sugar cane, another 4 hours later they will be done. You can make 2 of each dyes, parchment at each time, and I used my tinker camp to make the simple glue, annoyed that the tinker camp does NOT act as another workshop like it is supposed, you can never make the 'special' items, and never been able to make dyes?

goldielambo
10-10-14, 06:53 AM
PS - forgot to say, Water is the most required in this so keep fishing, also use the Royal Exchange (25 x chicken, 25 x bacon and 25 x fish) to get extra energy for all the harvesting.

nessa005
10-10-14, 06:54 AM
I know I sent requests, no replies at all and not even a counter to show me how many to go. I have forced closed the game 3 times and still nothing😟 I can do the caravans but what will happen if I have no RSVPs?

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 06:57 AM

I was considering emailing them and asking if they were stationed on another planet seeing as their days are shorter than ours, I would have gone with Venus as it's closer to the sun but it's days are longer than it's years and that doesn't quite add up to the what seems to be 2 hours TL takes off of each day. So hazarding a guess that I should make sure I complete the last task (I have 1 left ) by Wednesday evening just to be on the safe side.

meme1098
10-10-14, 07:21 AM

The same thing is happening to me. I have only one single reply but have replied to many many requests myself. I have force quit twice and reinstalled. No change, still one single, solitary reply stares me in the face. Sigh.

I know I sent requests, no replies at all and not even a counter to show me how many to go. I have forced closed the game 3 times and still nothing😟 I can do the caravans but what will happen if I have no RSVPs?
I only send out about 25 requests a day and got all 20 that are allowed in just several hours. Make sure you send to active players & the same people who are requesting from you to make sure they're actively working on the same goal.

tuffyjkitten
10-10-14, 07:26 AM
I did think adding apples to a quest available to Level 15 was a bum move on TL's part.

I agree but that's probably why it was only 5 apples as compared to 40 and 80 of other things we can grow. I was wondering why so few apples...

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 07:49 AM
I need water for the faerie elixir. Typical! Lol.

zoom9909
10-10-14, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know if the new crafting items (inks, parchment) remain available for crafting after sending the last caravan?

EBJW
10-10-14, 08:28 AM
I only send out about 25 requests a day and got all 20 that are allowed in just several hours. Make sure you send to active players & the same people who are requesting from you to make sure they're actively working on the same goal.

Maybe you're just lucky ;)

Serious: I know how it works. And everytime, again and again, it gets on my nerves. Still on 9. And we need 80 in 5,5 days!
And to make it worse: Until now I've responded about 75 myself...

GC5410
10-10-14, 08:33 AM
I was considering emailing them and asking if they were stationed on another planet seeing as their days are shorter than ours, I would have gone with Venus as it's closer to the sun but it's days are longer than it's years and that doesn't quite add up to the what seems to be 2 hours TL takes off of each day. So hazarding a guess that I should make sure I complete the last task (I have 1 left ) by Wednesday evening just to be on the safe side.

Did you see my post #80? TL days are not shorter, it works like this......

TL days are 24 hours, but timed goals always start and end 8 hours apart, so for a 7 day goal you actually get 6 days and 16 hours (the display rounds up) or for a 10 day goal you get 9 days 16 hours etc.

Goals start at 8pm UK time (that's 12pm TL time or pacific) and finish at 12pm UK time (4am TL time or pacific). So each day at 12pm UK time (4am pacific) your timer will change to one day less, so days are still 24 hours.

In TL time (pacific) this goal will end at 4am on Thursday, in my time for example (in the UK) it will end at 12pm on Thursday etc. In most of the US timezones the goals with finish during the night, so finishing by Wednesday evening is a good idea if you live there and value your sleep first and foremost :)

sunnygirl634
10-10-14, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know if the new crafting items (inks, parchment) remain available for crafting after sending the last caravan?

It usually doesn't. I'm not completing this last caravan until day 7, so that I can continue to make orange and black dyes and the parchment. We may need them next week. At the very least, I like to have at least 1 of everything in my inventory,

vednir
10-10-14, 08:36 AM

Serious: I know how it works. And everytime, again and again, it gets on my nerves. Still on 9. And we need 80 in 5,5 days!

I've never had an issue getting the maximum amount allowed in one day by sending out requests to every neighbor, every day. It saves a lot of time that way.

zoom9909
10-10-14, 08:55 AM

I added you a few minutes ago - and I got a reply from you (Zemmar) but no requests for RSVP

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 08:56 AM
Did you see my post #80? TL days are not shorter, it works like this......

TL days are 24 hours, but timed goals always start and end 8 hours apart, so for a 7 day goal you actually get 6 days and 16 hours (the display rounds up) or for a 10 day goal you get 9 days 16 hours etc.

Goals start at 8pm UK time (that's 12pm TL time or pacific) and finish at 12pm UK time (4am TL time or pacific). So each day at 12pm UK time (4am pacific) your timer will change to one day less, so days are still 24 hours.

In TL time (pacific) this goal will end at 4am on Thursday, in my time for example (in the UK) it will end at 12pm on Thursday etc. In most of the US timezones the goals with finish during the night, so finishing by Wednesday evening is a good idea if you live there and value your sleep first and foremost :)

Yes I did see your post after I wrote mine however there is no delete post button.

nessa005
10-10-14, 09:08 AM
I don't even have the ability to send out requests. That page, to send to my neighbours is totally missing! I have completed the Refreshment goal and did receive 5 witches hats.

midsom
10-10-14, 09:24 AM
I also have been underwhelmed by my neighbours response, force started games several times, have been accepting RSVP's all day, just now after restart I accepted 11 RSVPs but not one for me, after this challenge it will be time to clear out non visiting neighbours I am afraid, I spend ages visiting everyday so I must admit to feeling very used.

fluffybutter007
10-10-14, 09:42 AM
I also have been underwhelmed by my neighbours response, force started games several times, have been accepting RSVP's all day, just now after restart I accepted 11 RSVPs but not one for me, after this challenge it will be time to clear out non visiting neighbours I am afraid, I spend ages visiting everyday so I must admit to feeling very used.

A lot of the time, my non-visiting neighbors are the fastest to reply to a request. They may not visit me (even when I visit them), but I've learned how to tell who's active in other ways (people who no longer play are deleted). Personally I only send out 20 requests a day (even though I have 100 neighbors). About 12 requests are for non-visiting neighbors, 8 are for neighbors that visit or send gifts.

Personally I don't understand what's happening in your kingdom. I've pretty sure your neighbors are accepting your requests, it's just not registering. Hopefully it gets sorted out ASAP so you can move on.

midsom
10-10-14, 09:48 AM
A lot of the time, my non-visiting neighbors are the fastest to reply to a request. They may not visit me (even when I visit them), but I've learned how to tell who's active in other ways (people who no longer play are deleted). Personally I only send out 20 requests a day (even though I have 100 neighbors). About 12 requests are for non-visiting neighbors, 8 are for neighbors that visit or send gifts.

Personally I don't understand what's happening in your kingdom. I've pretty sure your neighbors are accepting your requests, it's just not registering. Hopefully it gets sorted out ASAP so you can move on.

Thanks for the reassurance, I just did another restart eight more requests for RSVP but none for me

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 11:19 AM
I'm having a similar issue responded to probably over 100, listed mine from today and at around 70 as I want to send to those tomorrow, but only got 31 back. Even though I've sent out probably 80. Ok I'm doing better than some but find the return is always much slower than the requests.

iLLUMI2012
10-10-14, 11:24 AM
This one isnt so bad after all.
I've completed the refreshment goal too. Nearly done with the Spooky Caravan and all I need is the RSVP's and Cheap Parchment to complete the Decorative Caravan.
I started the goal today and have received 44 RSVP's in one day. So I should get the remaining 40 I need over the next day or two.

I think the goals looked a bit daunting at first with so many items to gather and make etc. But in day 1 I'm a third of the way there.

So for anyone who's been panicking, relax, 7 days should be plenty of time. Just keeping making those parchments and keep sending those RSVP's. The ink is a breeze. and shouldnt take too long. Crops may take a while but in 7 days you have plenty of time to grow what you need.
:)

meme1098
10-10-14, 11:24 AM

Well, I'm hoping they start pouring in for you soon. Just to test it out, I'll send you a nbr request, You can accept & then send the RSVP request. And we'll see if you get it back right away.

Pleease***Not adding other nbrs at this time, so don't waist yours by sending me an invite.***

Anastisha13
10-10-14, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone. I have recently started playing again after a few months of not playing. I always respond to requests, no matter how many I receive and I play daily, so you can add me if you like. ID....Anastisha13
I was lucky to have quite a lot of the items required in my inventory, so I think my only problem, like everyone else, is in receiving reply to my requests!
Good Luck to everyone! :-)

GiselleX16
10-10-14, 12:10 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that if you hold off on sending a request to Stormie's Castle until you've received 20 on that day, you can get a 21st from Stormie.

ciarjen
10-10-14, 12:34 PM
I'm having a similar issue responded to probably over 100, listed mine from today and at around 70 as I want to send to those tomorrow, but only got 31 back. Even though I've sent out probably 80. Ok I'm doing better than some but find the return is always much slower than the requests.

We can only get 21 requests back in a day and we have only had two days worth of requests - Thursday and Friday - so the maximum we supposed to have right now is 42.

I had 21 this morning and shortly after day reset it went up to 42. I expect it to go up to 63 after day reset tomorrow.

littleonesmum
10-10-14, 01:18 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that if you hold off on sending a request to Stormie's Castle until you've received 20 on that day, you can get a 21st from Stormie.

I had no idea we had a limit for sending requests... I always just tick everyone on my list. Thanks for shedding light there! I might need to think of a new strategy here. Only need to complete the lucky last decorative caravan (have the fang beast masks & witches' hats in storage now from spooky & refreshment caravans).

midsom
10-10-14, 01:22 PM
We can only get 21 requests back in a day and we have only had two days worth of requests - Thursday and Friday - so the maximum we supposed to have right now is 42.

I had 21 this morning and shortly after day reset it went up to 42. I expect it to go up to 63 after day reset tomorrow.

Is there a max you can accept, I sent out nearly 150 and am showing 5 returned, my nbrs say they haven't received my request, will wait another cycle and send out again

DrP4ever
10-10-14, 01:24 PM
I had no idea we had a limit for sending requests... I always just tick everyone on my list. Thanks for shedding light there! I might need to think of a new strategy here. Only need to complete the lucky last decorative caravan (have the fang beast masks & witches' hats in storage now from spooky & refreshment caravans).

You can send as many as you like but some say if you don't send to Stormie until you have received 20 en you can get 21 a day. Well I send to him with the rest and currently have 44 after 2 days so I don't know that to be true. At least not for me.

midsom
10-10-14, 01:29 PM
Ok I just checked and within 5 minutes of posting I am now the proud owner of 41 RSVP's it is almost like a clogged nozzle on a sauce bottle suddenly you get flooded with sauce, I am very much relieved.

Queenzod
10-10-14, 02:43 PM
I still don't understand the request thing. I got 23 yesterday, including Stormie, when the max is supposed to be 21. But today, I've only gotten 20 back. There seems to be some inconsistencies. Ah, well, I'm not going to worry about it, since we have gobs of time. I just don't understand it.

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 02:52 PM
Me neither so many inconsistencies. I got 23 back one day on one quest.

jptheripper
10-10-14, 03:05 PM
after the caravans are sent can we continue to craft dye and parchment?

Mylania
10-10-14, 03:14 PM
after the caravans are sent can we continue to craft dye and parchment?

I think they will disappear when you send the Decorative Caravan off, but as we need the RSVPs for that one also, you will have plenty of time to craft extras. I have sent off the other 2 caravans and have given all the dyes and inks to this one and am still able to craft. Just waiting on RSVPs trickling in and a few more parchments, but may not send this one till day 6 anyway.

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 03:25 PM
I think they will disappear when you send the Decorative Caravan off, but as we need the RSVPs for that one also, you will have plenty of time to craft extras. I have sent off the other 2 caravans and have given all the dyes and inks to this one and am still able to craft. Just waiting on RSVPs trickling in and a few more parchments, but may not send this one till day 6 anyway.

I'm going to do the same already into building stash of inks and dyes but parchment is going to be finished tomorrow. With the neighbours invites not going to be finished til probably Monday I want to continue to craft dyes and inks until the last day. For the first time in ages I was low on coal only but with two mines and one deep mine I've kept up with every hour crafting another ink, plus a bit of chopping rocks.

meme1098
10-10-14, 03:39 PM
I started getting low on coal, so I've been crafting 1 of each in my 2 potion shops. Gives me a chance to gain back the coal & petals for the next go round.

vontalken
10-10-14, 03:42 PM
I still don't understand the request thing. I got 23 yesterday, including Stormie, when the max is supposed to be 21. But today, I've only gotten 20 back. There seems to be some inconsistencies. Ah, well, I'm not going to worry about it, since we have gobs of time. I just don't understand it.

In a previous thread about this the devs said that for normal quests the limit is 20 a day plus stormie. But they remove the Limit for timed quests because of the feedback and issue with finishing for late starters.

meme1098
10-10-14, 04:42 PM
In a previous thread about this the devs said that for normal quests the limit is 20 a day plus stormie. But they remove the Limit for timed quests because of the feedback and issue with finishing for late starters.

As long as I have been playing, for a few years, I have never gotten more than 20 replies from no matter how many I've sent out. So most probably the players getting more than that have the game reset happening during the middle of their day somewhere. Thus giving them more then 20 replies within their day.

I'm in the Central Time Zone, so only 2 hours ahead of TL.

GC5410
10-10-14, 04:58 PM
My TL day is 8am to 8am (with new updates at 8pm) and for past goals I have had 25-30 replies within a TL 24 hours, however it does vary and has differed between my 2 accounts and for different goals.

For the timed summer gazebo "ask 50 neighbours" I asked 95 neighbours at about 12pm (because I didn't start the goals until day 2) and by 6pm I had all 50 replies needed.

For this RSVPs goal, one of my accounts is limited to 20 per day (or 21 if I had split my Stormie request) and the other I haven't reached enough replies to be able to tell either way.

Queenzod
10-10-14, 05:20 PM
My 23 replies yesterday all came in the first 10 hours, well before the new day begins, and also before the midnight (PT) renewal.

PrincessCupOButter
10-10-14, 06:10 PM
I got 23 replies yesterday and 22 today. I read in one of the forums that if more than one friend replies at once, both will go through. Maybe that explains the extras? I also sent stormie's request at the same time as all the others.
I'm really enjoying this update because A) I was pretty well stocked on supplies. And B) more importantly, it has nothing to do with fairies or glimmer bits! (At least not yet! :))

jptheripper
10-10-14, 06:22 PM
i got 22 each day

Dabag
10-10-14, 09:41 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/1PartyPlanner-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/2aDecorativeCaravan-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/OrangeDye400x125-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/BlackInk400x125-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/CheapParchment-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/2bPrincessTiara-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/3aRefreshmentCaravan-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/3bWitchHat-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/4aSpookyCaravan-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/4bFangbeastMask-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/5SpookyTimes-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/C20%20Halloween%20Caravans%202014/SpookyTimesCongrats-Copy.jpg

xanethi
10-11-14, 06:46 AM
Just waiting for the last 28 responses now - then all 3 caravans are done :)
Been rather fun to do them all - hope the event next week is also fun with some usefull rewards ( a bakery would be awsome)

GC5410
10-11-14, 06:48 AM
Just waiting for the last 28 responses now - then all 3 caravans are done :)

I've just got that last 20, which I should get first thing tomorrow morning, but I think i'll do as others have suggested and leave the goal open to make extra orange/black dye and cheap parchment :)

blontj3
10-11-14, 07:48 AM
Finished already 2 caravans :). But do the orange and black dye and parchment leave the workshop en potion shop when youve finished the three caravans??

meme1098
10-11-14, 07:51 AM
Finished already 2 caravans :). But do the orange and black dye and parchment leave the workshop en potion shop when youve finished the three caravans??

I've just got that last 20, which I should get first thing tomorrow morning, but I think i'll do as others have suggested and leave the goal open to make extra orange/black dye and cheap parchment :)

I'm leaving the last black dye for the last day and just keep making the dyes & parchment whenever I can.
And, yes, the option to craft will disappear when that caravan is completely loaded.

GC5410
10-11-14, 08:16 AM
I'm leaving the last black dye for the last day and just keep making the dyes & parchment whenever I can.
And, yes, the option to craft will disappear when that caravan is completely loaded.

Yes, I've left my parchment on 18/20 and won't give the last 2 until I get at least 10-20 more than that (basically when I get bored of making them! Have 6 spare so far) :)

anne202b
10-11-14, 08:40 AM
Wow! Anyone having trouble getting RSVP responses? Unless I'm in a different time zone! Sheesh. Only 23 replies yesterday...none today. Am I just impatient? ;)

Loving this game! Except my phone is now always in hand!

EBJW
10-11-14, 10:56 AM
Wow! Anyone having trouble getting RSVP responses? Unless I'm in a different time zone! Sheesh. Only 23 replies yesterday...none today. Am I just impatient? ;)

Loving this game! Except my phone is now always in hand!

I had trouble in the beginning as well, thought something was stuck! Seemed like nothing came through.
But suddenly, as of this morning things went much better: started out with 16, I'm now on 39.

Weird... (but glad, hopefully things will clear up for you as well!)

GC5410
10-11-14, 11:19 AM
I sent out about 85 requests at 8:05pm (since update is released at 8pm for me) first day and got 20 replies within about 2 hours, then at 11am the next day I still only had 20 replies so sent out about 85 requests and reached 40 within 1 hour, then at 1pm today I sent out about 85 requests and reached 60 within 30 minutes. It's now 7:18pm and I still have 60 replies.

Also within about 5 minutes of sending out requests today I all of a sudden had around 25 requests from other people, almost as if me sending out requests made me "unstuck" in terms of receiving any. Weird and not something that has happened to me before I don't think.

spyd58
10-11-14, 11:24 AM
I sent out about 85 requests at 8:05pm (since update is released at 8pm for me) first day and got 20 replies within about 2 hours, then at 11am the next day I still only had 20 replies so sent out about 85 requests and reached 40 within 1 hour, then at 1pm today I sent out about 85 requests and reached 60 within 30 minutes. It's now 7:18pm and I still have 60 replies.

Also within about 5 minutes of sending out requests today I all of a sudden had around 25 requests from other people, almost as if me sending out requests made me "unstuck" in terms of receiving any. Weird and not something that has happened to me before I don't think.

You only can get 20 responses every day no matter how many requests that you send.

spyd58
10-11-14, 11:27 AM
Except for 2 creep tooth and last 20 responses which won't come till tomorrow I am done with 3 quests.

dragon2046
10-11-14, 11:38 AM

Same thing with me. I thought once u sent out your requests to neighbors the over 20 would appear next day without requesting again but I had to send requests again for mine to work too. Maybe they changed it ? Or maybe it's just acting a little weird. Who knows! ��

Jennerwein1
10-11-14, 11:43 AM
Same thing with me. I thought once u sent out your requests to neighbors the over 20 would appear next day without requesting again but I had to send requests again for mine to work too. Maybe they changed it ? Or maybe it's just acting a little weird. Who knows! ��
Same here, I sent out 60 requests over 3 days, (20/day), only got 27 back, and two of those are from my secondary game.
Maybe a bug?

GC5410
10-11-14, 11:50 AM
You only can get 20 responses every day no matter how many requests that you send.

I know, but I was actually refering to this......

SpiritWind00
10-11-14, 06:32 PM
I would send out requests to all your neighbours every day. I agree that the responses seem to have changed this time. I'm not getting any ones from a previous request. I know cause I hand picked my 25 people and monitored closely who responded.
Don't worry about clogging up their system, that's not our issue. If that was true, then TL would say so.
This was a fun goal, thanks TL.

mnjcafe
10-11-14, 07:16 PM
I love seasonal goals and am having fun with this! Just one nitpick... what's with the thing in the dialog where they refer to "tigers" instead of "fangbeasts," TL? Do regular tigers exist in the glimmer wood? And if so, why is the resulting item a fangbeast mask?

EBJW
10-11-14, 10:04 PM
I would send out requests to all your neighbours every day. I agree that the responses seem to have changed this time. I'm not getting any ones from a previous request. I know cause I hand picked my 25 people and monitored closely who responded.
Don't worry about clogging up their system, that's not our issue. If that was true, then TL would say so.
This was a fun goal, thanks TL.

Then TL first should hear from us some having trouble receiving ;)

I did carefully choose the first 30 neighbours I send to also; that's why I thought something was wrong, cause I only got 9 answers in 24 hours...

SpiritWind00
10-11-14, 10:27 PM
Then TL first should hear from us some having trouble receiving ;)

I did carefully choose the first 30 neighbours I send to also; that's why I thought something was wrong, cause I only got 9 answers in 24 hours...

Yep, fair enough.... :) the timing difference is certainly odd or at least something may have changed behind the scenes.

dala12
10-12-14, 12:04 AM
I sent for the third time requests, just have not enough to finish, need three! But I still need to make black ink. two of the three I have finished hope I am going to make the third in time!

EBJW
10-12-14, 12:54 AM
Yep, fair enough.... :) the timing difference is certainly odd or at least something may have changed behind the scenes.

I sent for the third time requests, just have not enough to finish, need three! But I still need to make black ink. two of the three I have finished hope I am going to make the third in time!

I think there's some changes behind the scene indeed: my experience and I've noticed I still have a notification of '5 days' in my menu (or is that wishful thinking ? :rolleyes: )

xanethi
10-12-14, 01:25 AM
I think there's some changes behind the scene indeed: my experience and I've noticed I still have a notification of '5 days' in my menu (or is that wishful thinking ? :rolleyes: )

Still got 5 on my menu too. We Will see i guess

EBJW
10-12-14, 04:07 AM
Still got 5 on my menu too. We Will see i guess

Now on 4...

dragon2046
10-12-14, 07:19 AM
Just got the neighbors requests done. Now trying to decide how much extra paper and ink to make. Any ideas? Cuz TL might do a switch and the event might not require those items at all. Cuz those items are for decorations and costumes so maybe we will need to max on strawberries, sugar, chocolate maybe some lemonaide again and I would think some orange flowers????? Just a guess. Anyone else have some guesses? :).

labsandboxers
10-12-14, 08:02 AM
Today is a big day for me!! I received my last invite, finishing red ink and the final ticket for sister sister is crafting. By tonight my book will be empty. I'm hoping for a great quest next week. Until then focusing on stocking everything.

girufel
10-12-14, 08:03 AM
Just got the neighbors requests done. Now trying to decide how much extra paper and ink to make. Any ideas? Cuz TL might do a switch and the event might not require those items at all. Cuz those items are for decorations and costumes so maybe we will need to max on strawberries, sugar, chocolate maybe some lemonaide again and I would think some orange flowers????? Just a guess. Anyone else have some guesses? :).

I guess wool for the costumes

jptheripper
10-12-14, 08:08 AM
Yes wool heavy is my guess. and maybe chocolate?

dragon2046
10-12-14, 08:25 AM
Wool is a great idea. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-12-14, 09:34 AM
Just got the neighbors requests done. Now trying to decide how much extra paper and ink to make. Any ideas?

I'm making as many extra orange dyes, black inks & cheap parchments as I can before the timer expires ...or til I get bored with it, whichever comes first. Lol

Cuz TL might do a switch and the event might not require those items at all. Cuz those items are for decorations and costumes so maybe we will need to max on strawberries, sugar, chocolate maybe some lemonaide again and I would think some orange flowers????? Just a guess. Anyone else have some guesses? :).
Using the Pyre Festival as a guide, I don't think we will need any of the things from the caravan for the event itself.
We busted rocks for the Pyre Fest, so I'm gonna take a wild guess and say one of the things required for the H'ween event will be chopping old logs lol... which will then also end the glimmer bit fortune for those who have been hanging onto that one for weeks. Well, that is, if they wanna participate in the H'ween event lol. But that's just a wild guess. :p

dragon2046
10-12-14, 09:40 AM
Good guess! that would be away to make people move on from that fortune. Or it could even be the small rock pile with the last fortune for the people like me loading up on glue. :).

letf8b
10-12-14, 11:48 AM
My TL day is 8am to 8am (with new updates at 8pm) and for past goals I have had 25-30 replies within a TL 24 hours, however it does vary and has differed between my 2 accounts and for different goals.

For the timed summer gazebo "ask 50 neighbours" I asked 95 neighbours at about 12pm (because I didn't start the goals until day 2) and by 6pm I had all 50 replies needed.

For this RSVPs goal, one of my accounts is limited to 20 per day (or 21 if I had split my Stormie request) and the other I haven't reached enough replies to be able to tell either way.it pays to have a lot of neighbors I sent 1.519 the first day and received all my RSVP's sometime yesterday.a few more parchment and I'm finished. Wonder what's next?????

letf8b
10-12-14, 11:58 AM
Once we have sent back all the caravans, does the goal stop for awhile??has anyone completed it yet??

DrP4ever
10-12-14, 12:18 PM
Once we have sent back all the caravans, does the goal stop for awhile??has anyone completed it yet??

Yes it does. You go to Ivys place and rest for awhile. I am still working on my bridge for the faeries so I still have things to do. I didn't worry about the extra items because I have done that before and they weren't even needed.

venicej
10-12-14, 12:22 PM
I have completed it Next is rest at ivy's hut. After that I have had nothing. The parchment disappeared so I hope we don't need more! Ivy asked what was wrong with food costumes, but I have no clue what will be next or when

GC5410
10-12-14, 02:48 PM
I've only just sent out today's (another 85 as I've done every day) requests for my last 20 RSVPs and I've been on 60 for about the last 33-34hours, so definitely not had requests from previous days carry over like they have done in the past. Once those 20 replies come in I'm automatically done - given up making extra orange/black dye and cheap parchment, I have 10 spare of each and we probably won't even need them! :)

GC5410
10-12-14, 03:02 PM
it pays to have a lot of neighbors I sent 1.519 the first day and received all my RSVP's sometime yesterday.a few more parchment and I'm finished. Wonder what's next?????

I wouldn't have been able to finish by yesterday as I've been limited to 20 replies per day and today is my fourth day - so more neighbours wouldn't have helped me, as from the 85 I've been sending to each day I've had my max 20 replies within 30 minutes or an hour each day, so I can't really ask for much quicker than that! I have very quick responsive neighbours :)

jericaD
10-12-14, 08:35 PM
I am also having trouble with RSVP replies. I have 148 neighbors and send to all every day. Hope I get enough replies in time. I normally don't have this problem

PurpleScorpion76
10-13-14, 03:26 AM
I found I needed to top up my invites at the end of the day, by the time I woke up I'd made my 20 quota, but for some reason those that we're sending weren't very good in returning the party invite. Slightly disappointing. Considering I'd replied to theirs. I've also noticed the 'send as many as you can and they'll pile in the following day once your 20 quota has been reached' doesn't seem to apply to me, it's not until I send some in the afternoon that they start being received. My TL day begins at 8am so I waited patiently til early afternoon when none are received I then send the invites. Odd.

Anastisha13
10-13-14, 08:35 AM
Hi everyone. I have recently started playing again after a few months of not playing. I always respond to requests, no matter how many I receive and I play daily, so you can add me if you like. ID....Anastisha13
I was lucky to have quite a lot of the items required in my inventory, so I think my only problem, like everyone else, is in receiving reply to my requests!
Good Luck to everyone! :-)

I have had a very large response to this post and received 100+ requests to be added to my friend list! Sorry but I am now full!

Many thanks to those that have helped me with this Halloween quest! I have now finished it and can continue with my other quests that have been on hold for this one until the next Halloween update.
As stated before, I always respond to gameplay requests and will continue to do so!

I visit some of my friends islands daily and leave sparkles collecting red hearts. Although I cannot visit you all every day, I only visit those that have red hearts showing game activity to other players islands!

Good luck to everyone on your quests 😊

Mylania
10-13-14, 10:29 AM

Anyone think this is a hint that we will need tomatoes and ice cream?

8hat
10-13-14, 10:42 AM

Anyone think this is a hint that we will need tomatoes and ice cream?

Ha! Good one. It's probably the cinnamon roll...something we can't pre-make...new crop, new recipe, maybe?

bookadey
10-13-14, 11:54 AM
I only received RSVPs from about 1/2 of the neighbors that I know are active and I had about 15-20 RSVP back to me. I had issues with wifi this weekend, so either they didn't come through or I wasn't invited to the party :(

kiliarien
10-13-14, 12:47 PM
Anybody who wants to add me as a friend (I'm kiliarien by ID, same as here) I'd be a happy bunny - seems most of my friends are inactive although I'm still an everyday player. I've worked hard to get everything else so would be a shame if I fail with the RSVPs. Cheers all!

KadeeDid
10-13-14, 02:15 PM

Invites are all I have left. I send out the limit every day. Sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes I send again and some come through. I am receiving lots of requests and returning promptly. I am sending to people I know reply right away. Often I receive requests dated 2 days prior. This goal seems very glitchy.

EBJW
10-13-14, 11:23 PM
Invites are all I have left. I send out the limit every day. Sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes I send again and some come through. I am receiving lots of requests and returning promptly. I am sending to people I know reply right away. Often I receive requests dated 2 days prior. This goal seems very glitchy.

️There's no limit to ask in quests like these anymore (but there still is when you have to ask for materials). So my advice: ask every day as many neighbours as possible.
When I started to ask about 50 a day things went better. I finished yesterday!

The limit of receiving is still the same: about 21 a day.

I got the idea requests don't pile up anymore, after reaching the receiving-limit. Cause every time I started a new asking-round I got replies from that round, not older ones.

Anastisha13
10-14-14, 02:42 AM

Hi. I had that trouble too but I spent time going through the neighbours that I had and deleting those that didn't have signs of gameplay (no red hearts lit up and no messages on wall within last 3 months) I have since added lots of new neighbours. I sent my requests to those that had Red hearts lit up (shows active gameplay) and had no trouble getting the requests sent to me. It only took four days to collect the 80 needed. Many thanks to my great neighbours! 😊

EBJW
10-14-14, 04:52 AM
Hi. I had that trouble too but I spent time going through the neighbours that I had and deleting those that didn't have signs of gameplay (no red hearts lit up and no messages on wall within last 3 months) I have since added lots of new neighbours. I sent my requests to those that had Red hearts lit up (shows active gameplay) and had no trouble getting the requests sent to me. It only took four days to collect the 80 needed. Many thanks to my great neighbours! ��

Red hearts in a kingdom doesn't always mean the player is active... The same goes for social rating.

See a.o. http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?56922-Questions-Discussions-on-Neighbors/page3

EBJW
10-14-14, 04:54 AM
It's weird some of us have different experiences and thoughts about how requesting works behind the screens, now :confused:

Anastisha13
10-14-14, 05:32 AM
Red hearts in a kingdom doesn't always mean the player is active... The same goes for social rating.

See a.o. http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?56922-Questions-Discussions-on-Neighbors/page3

Thanks, I didn't know that. :-)
Before deleting, I checked their wall and observed for signs that they may be still playing.
The majority of the neighbours who I deleted, not only had no red heart rating, but also had no messages on their wall since 2013.
One thing that the lack of red heart rating does show, is that the person is not visiting other peoples islands. So if I have to reduce numbers to find active players, those are the ones that I choose!

EBJW
10-14-14, 05:47 AM
One thing that the lack of red heart rating does show, is that the person is not visiting other peoples islands.

LOL, that's not always the case either ;)

I visit neighbours, and with lots I leave messages on the wall. And I click on hearts when a neighbour is below level 50, but above I don't anymore: I'm level 50 too, I don't need the money nor the blue stars, these neighbours either, so... There are more players who don't click at 50.

In other threads it showed we all have our own methods of cleaning the neighbour-list. And lots have deleted players who didn't seem to be active, but were. A solution is to leave a message at their wall (there is a small chance they don't read it, but you've got to draw the line somewhere :o)

roguebee
10-14-14, 06:08 AM
️I got the idea requests don't pile up anymore, after reaching the receiving-limit. Cause every time I started a new asking-round I got replies from that round, not older ones.

I had been suspecting that... so on this round, I asked A-G on day 1, H-M on day 2, N-S on day 3, and everyone else on day 4. It may have been coincidence, but it appeared that I was only getting back requests from the current day; nothing from the prior days.

bookadey
10-14-14, 08:45 AM
I had been suspecting that... so on this round, I asked A-G on day 1, H-M on day 2, N-S on day 3, and everyone else on day 4. It may have been coincidence, but it appeared that I was only getting back requests from the current day; nothing from the prior days.

If my neighbors did this also, it makes sense that I was not sent RSVPs as my kingdom name is Twilight Woods :) I was also away from home with patchy cell service and no wifi, so not sure if that's why they didn't come through.

I have great neighbors that responded to my RSVPs and finished my caravans on Monday. (and many more new neighbors that responded to help me) Love this forum - great people here!

roguebee
10-14-14, 09:28 AM
Next time I'll start from Z-S :)

EBJW
10-14-14, 10:59 AM
If my neighbors did this also, it makes sense that I was not sent RSVPs as my kingdom name is Twilight Woods :)

LOL! My kingdom is called Zelda, and I've received hundreds...!

I started counting from the start, but after 85 in not even 24 hours I stopped ;)

blontj3
10-14-14, 01:31 PM
Well, this one brought me lots of new neighbours! Everyday lots of neighbour requests! Looking forward to the next goal! :D When does the counter of the first goal stops? Is it today or tomorrow? I already sent off the last caravan, because I thought I would forgot it if I waited to long :P.. so I can't check anymore :rolleyes:

serenitygrandma
10-14-14, 01:48 PM
I'm very bad at visiting my neighbors because of time constraints but play actively everyday, honor requests and gift. So looking at their wall and hearts doesn't mean they aren't active. I'm still honoring rsvps requests at least 3 x a day.

danzplace
10-14-14, 02:27 PM
I finished my caravans two days ago. Now every time I go near my crops to harvest Sugar or chocolate (yes, I am stocking up on these, Halloween is coming) I get a fang beast, wild boar or skunkupine. Anyone else notice a higher beast frequency, or is it just me?

blontj3
10-14-14, 02:50 PM
I always get lots of beasts when I harvest things, sometimes it drives me crazy, because every thing I want to harvest results in showing up a beast. Really annoying when you want to harvest LOTS of veggies

midsom
10-14-14, 04:43 PM
I have a lot of new neighbours whom I feel only neighboured me to get an RSVP, some are active players but the majority are not visiting, so I am leaving a message on their wall saying that " It appears you are not visiting me" and asking straight "did you neighbour me for an RSVP, it's OK I understand" but I don't want to spend my time visiting neighbours who are not returning my visits, I just simply haven't got the time and would rather spend my time visiting neighbours who are reciprocating.

meme1098
10-14-14, 05:39 PM
I have been inundated with nbr requests since the update & have declined them all. I guess they can't read my signature for one thing. The other thing, once you send a request, you have the ability to visit and/or leave a msg on their wall which only 1 person even bothered to do. So they all get deleted immediately since I know their underlying reason to begin with for the invite.

mrglymph
10-14-14, 06:54 PM
I'm not trying to be rude. But if you're not accepting neighbor requests then why do you have your i.d. in here and then get irritated when people request you. A lot of people don't keep a lot of neighbors but are having a problem getting enought rsvps. We are all trying to play the game and have fun. And I would like to emphasize the word GAME.

angela3737
10-14-14, 07:18 PM
I know in my case , I fill requests for people when they need something , but I rarely can visit or write on walls ..my game crashes almost 100% when trying to leave messages..i just added a neighbor on here that needed requests filled .i tried all week to write on their wall but only crashes .. Almost done with the caravan quests - just ivy hut left to visit .this one was tough becuase unfortunately , crafting or workshop and now even just moving around on my own castle crashes my game

fluffybutter007
10-14-14, 07:35 PM
I'm not trying to be rude. But if you're not accepting neighbor requests then why do you have your i.d. in here and then get irritated when people request you. A lot of people don't keep a lot of neighbors but are having a problem getting enought rsvps. We are all trying to play the game and have fun. And I would like to emphasize the word GAME.

[Just replying back to your first two sentences.] Your username on the forum is automatically your ID in the games. You can't change it. Now, I'm not adding neighbors in CS (as stated in my signature). Does that mean I can't post questions or answer questions from other gamers? Seems a little excessive, which is why people who don't accept neighbors say so in their signature. :)

jptheripper
10-14-14, 08:08 PM
I don't understand, why would you visit a neighbor at all? Just seems like a silly part of the game, and I really don't understand the "I will only do it if you do it back" part. Either visit because you like to, or don't,

meme1098
10-14-14, 08:32 PM
[Just replying back to your first two sentences.] Your username on the forum is automatically your ID in the games. You can't change it. Now, I'm not adding neighbors in CS (as stated in my signature). Does that mean I can't post questions or answer questions from other gamers? Seems a little excessive, which is why people who don't accept neighbors say so in their signature. :)

Thanks, Fluffybutter. I'm late getting back & you responded exactly like I would have.
We all have our own way to play the game as noted by jptheripper.

mrglymph
10-14-14, 08:55 PM
Yes... I understand if you specify you don't want any new neighbors in a particular game. But if you don't want any new neighbors in any game then don't put your name up. And even if you do specify what game then just accept or request in the game. Or don't complain about it on the forum. It sounds stupid. People are desperate to get rsvps right now. Why wouldn't they attemp to neighbor request you

orleansparish
10-14-14, 08:56 PM
I don't understand, why would you visit a neighbor at all? Just seems like a silly part of the game, and I really don't understand the "I will only do it if you do it back" part. Either visit because you like to, or don't,

I agree. Makes me wonder if these were the people who sat at the cheerleader or jock tables in school. We are the cool kids, be like us or stand and eat!

We are here to play the game and enjoy. If someone sees an active player and assume they need help with goals, why not do it? Such meanness and arrogance.

I could care less who visits me. If i can help you, im doing it.

Visits are useless anywhoos. But thats just me. I dont need cajoling to tap on some buildings and make wood blocks.

Happy i finished the goals yesterday. Now waiting to see whats in store for us Thursday.

Just please dont let it be another animal in costume. How boring.

EBJW
10-14-14, 09:48 PM
Yes... I understand if you specify you don't want any new neighbors in a particular game. But if you don't want any new neighbors in any game then don't put your name up. And even if you do specify what game then just accept or request in the game. Or don't complain about it on the forum. It sounds stupid. People are desperate to get rsvps right now. Why wouldn't they attemp to neighbor request you

As said before: when you write a message on this forum your ID is automatically shown. You can't change that. It's shown to everybody who reads.

If we could organize our neighbour-list I wouldn't mind having a large part with neighbours who only contact me when they need an RSVP.
My experience is that lots of players who only want to be neighbours for requesting stop playing the game after a while. Without noticing. That means having lots of inactive neighbours. That can give trouble when there's a limit in asking (otherwise get stuck). Don't like having to choose carefully who to ask.
And when you have many neighbours, and have contact on walls with some you have to scroll to a very very long list now to get to the Z. Every time.

Always having excepted in the past has lead me to 277 neighbours... In the weekend I cleaned up superficially: 50 clearly inactive neighbours removed.

iLLUMI2012
10-14-14, 09:50 PM
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but just as a reminder, you can only receive 20 RSVP's a day. Same goes with any other requests from neighbors.
Although in the first day I received 22 RSVPs, 2 more than normal for some reason. And then because the game ticked over to a new day, which for me happened to be in that same day, I was able to send out requests to everyone again. Thus in actuality I received 44 RSVP's in the first day. The second day, being the Sunday, responses were slow and much less. But by day 4 I had all RSVPs.
I've also been getting new nbr requests all week which is cool. New nbr's are always welcome! :)
But getting back to requests, even if you only have 20 active nbr's then within 4 days you should have all RSVP's.
Any new players struggling with nbr's and getting rsvps please feel free to add me. I play daily. ;)

SuzzyQ22
10-14-14, 10:11 PM

When a neighbor taps a heart on one of your buildings it sparkles and when you collect from sparkling buildings you get 2 xp stars rather than only one. So there's the benefit of neighbors visiting you. You also get an xp point or 1 energy or a tiny bit of coin for each neighbor you visit. So visiting each other benefits both players, you get more energy to use and level up faster.

I have a very small neighbor list and get about 14 extra energy daily from visiting.

bookadey
10-14-14, 10:34 PM
They do have an add me thread on the main teamlava page for those looking for new neighbors. I believe they create a new one each month so you only have active players there.

Queenzod
10-14-14, 11:19 PM
B
When a neighbor taps a heart on one of your buildings it sparkles and when you collect from sparkling buildings you get 2 xp stars rather than only one. So there's the benefit of neighbors visiting you. You also get an xp point or 1 energy or a tiny bit of coin for each neighbor you visit. So visiting each other benefits both players, you get more energy to use and level up faster.

I have a very small neighbor list and get about 14 extra energy daily from visiting.

Just a teeny correction in that you can only receive 10 extra energy per day for visiting neighbors, and if you are full when visiting it will not give you over the limit. :)

midsom
10-14-14, 11:36 PM

When I visit you I get either an energy, only up to a total of ten per session, or 5 coins, or 1 xp, you get extra coins on the building I tap. For example, a basic cottage I have is 77 coins if I collect however if it gets it's heart tapped enough times I get 90 coins, that goes for all the buildings, if you tap a heart on a glimmer trove you get extra glimmer. I appreciate all those people in the higher levels with lots of buildings they collect from and a kajillion coins that this does not mean much, but when you are on the lower levels it is valuable. So no I don't want to spend my time visiting a non visitor as I don't get enough from it, but if you visit me it works both ways.

edited to add, your viewpoint considering it is just a game is interesting, thank you for the valuable insight

PurpleScorpion76
10-15-14, 03:35 AM
If I remember correctly when I first joined the forum there was a regular add me thread. This doesn't seem to be happening now. Wouldn't it be easier to have this regularly added for each month as before so then anyone accepting neighbours or wishing for more can go to it. I'm sure it used to have a presence in this forum to lead you to the add me section.

The good news is I've just completed my last caravan and about to visit Ivy's Hut. I made an extra 10 Parchment and 50 each of the Black Ink and Orange Dye. Very pleased I was able to make so many I also because I hate waste managed to make around 10 breaded fish and will probably make a couple more or Simple Feasts while I build my stocks of water and around 14 Enchanters Essesnce. I'm now almost maxed on mermaid scales and will likely make a few more or Lumin Essence. One aspect I love about timed quests the ability to max on other things and build those stocks.

meme1098
10-15-14, 06:25 AM
You & I, PurpleScorpion, are on the same page. Each forum should have its own add me thread. Now they're all buried together in one place no one seems to be able to find since several times everyday someone has to be directed to the Add Me Threads.

Right here they are if you're looking for nbrs:

http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me

yoyongoogle
10-15-14, 08:13 AM
Anyone knows how to collect more red petals except from flowering bush to craft the red dye? I've been out of the game for a while and just came back, missing a lot of the activities and rewards...

azriX2012
10-15-14, 10:35 AM
Anyone knows how to collect more red petals except from flowering bush to craft the red dye? I've been out of the game for a while and just came back, missing a lot of the activities and rewards...

You can collect red petals from the Faerie Respite, the Faerie Flowerbed, Ivy's Hut, from Red Trilliums and also from clearing patches of tall grass and fern patches I guess.

SuzzyQ22
10-15-14, 10:45 AM
B

Just a teeny correction in that you can only receive 10 extra energy per day for visiting neighbors, and if you are full when visiting it will not give you over the limit. :)

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose I was thinking the energy I got from the regular 1 every 3 minutes was part of what I got from visiting, since the clock keeps ticking while you visit.

foggey
10-15-14, 01:03 PM
You can collect red petals from the Faerie Respite, the Faerie Flowerbed, Ivy's Hut, from Red Trilliums and also from clearing patches of tall grass and fern patches I guess.

You can also chop old logs- I also get red petals from them! Good luck!

gemm3112
10-15-14, 04:46 PM
When does the second part of the Halloween challenge appear? I have completed all the caravans so I can't see the countdown on the goals page anymore!

labsandboxers
10-15-14, 04:54 PM
Hopefully we have a great update tomorrow including expansions

meme1098
10-15-14, 04:59 PM
When does the second part of the Halloween challenge appear? I have completed all the caravans so I can't see the countdown on the goals page anymore!

You're done until the update tomorrow.

fluffybutter007
10-15-14, 06:30 PM

The timer is showing me about 8 hours remaining for the limited time caravans. Hopefully that means we'll get the second part at noon tomorrow (US pacific time). :)

29vanilla
10-15-14, 10:26 PM
This is not a great night for me. I've lost gems due to gem traps in the past:(. This caravan quest rewards us with gems, but I've been so busy hadn't read the forum news in much detail this last week, been busy with real life. I'm going to miss out on 3 precious gems because of it . So bummed(: Team Lava please extend the timer!

DrP4ever
10-15-14, 11:39 PM
I'm looking forward to the next items. I'm about out of floral items though so seriously hoping we don't need those. Have received lots of neighbour requests and enjoying new neighbours. Love giving people help when asked. I now have 483 neighbours and if you need help, just ask, I will send help!

PurpleScorpion76
10-16-14, 06:50 AM
The timer is showing me about 8 hours remaining for the limited time caravans. Hopefully that means we'll get the second part at noon tomorrow (US pacific time). :)

I believe we get the next update the usual time. It's removed about 8 hours from the full 7 days I suppose to allow for computer stuff.

fluffybutter007
10-16-14, 08:00 AM
I believe we get the next update the usual time. It's removed about 8 hours from the full 7 days I suppose to allow for computer stuff.

The limited time goal ended at 4am promptly for me (US central time). So there is a 10-hr layover time between when the limited time caravans ended and when the next update is due. I have to agree with you, we'll be getting part 2 today (in 4 hours!). I'm excited to see what's in it. :)

blontj3
10-16-14, 08:26 AM
*is excited as well*

PurpleScorpion76
10-16-14, 09:11 AM
*is excited as well*

Here here!

zenobia42
10-16-14, 11:22 AM
Excited here too!

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/woot_jump.gif