PDA

View Full Version : Tournament 10/7 /14- Owl Bear!

Pages : 1 [2]

EviBrooklyn
10-11-14, 12:08 PM
Thanks ;) so far, I've used troll, unicorn, vinotaur, skyger, onyx ox, on drake, alternating dark and fire attacks.

sigh...

ok, pyro pony worked, yay! finally!!

I'm having hard time with drake too but I don't have a pony and don't have the space for it either ...

flowless
10-11-14, 12:15 PM
Back to being stuck on level 29

Oh well

BXVV
10-11-14, 12:28 PM
For round 29 I used glacial griffin and landed a critical on my second atk, hope it helps. Keep at it and gd luck

my607
10-11-14, 12:31 PM
Back to being stuck on level 29

Oh well

Use super rare like magamacore, glacial griffin I won it with a Terradactyl lvl 9. Sloth would be good too

Bambamstad
10-11-14, 12:34 PM
Beat the unicorn on second attempt with my level 10 nightmare. Up to the gold lion...

Lipand5kids
10-11-14, 12:37 PM
Post 14 refers to the number of the post in this thread. See the top right hand corner of the post for the number. Post #14 should be on page 2 of this thread.

Lol Ty, I really never noticed. I do have a question, is there another animal that can defeat Golden Lion beside Terradactyle?

my607
10-11-14, 12:51 PM
Lol Ty, I really never noticed. I do have a question, is there another animal that can defeat Golden Lion beside Terradactyle?

Sloth, magamacore , glacial griffin those r the ones I know

EviBrooklyn
10-11-14, 01:01 PM
Do we need to hatch the owl bear before the tournament is over or just win it before the time is up? I'm still stuck on level 25 ( can't beat the drake) and I have 11 hours left. Any thoughts?

SANDSCApe
10-11-14, 01:02 PM
I finished without ultimate :-)
I'm very happy, thanks for the fun. Round 28 was the hardest for me.
If is anybody interested in my winning animals, it can be find in post 14.

SANDSCApe : I don't believe that the odds are set before the battle is started. I got once weak and than strong attack in one battle with different attacks. The attack is important. I didn't try again.
The rules were probably changed recently (gem animals - strong attack)

Again, "Weak Attack" simply means weak element against that opponent; "Strong Attack" means strong element. So of COURSE if your animal had one weak element and one strong one, you would get the appropriate rating as you switch from one element button to the other. That in no way refutes what I am saying, nor does it contradict the premise that your odds are set when you select your fighter. Did you not notice that when you saw "Weak Attack" you only did 25-33% damage, and that when you saw "Strong Attack" you ALSO only did 25-33% damage? How on earth does that translate as a shift in odds to you?

Folks, when you see a weak or strong rating flash across your screen, that means you have FAILED to roll a Critical Hit, and that attack will therefore do no more than 33% damage, and you CANNOT win with only three such attacks. You have NEVER won with only 3 attacks where the element is rated strong for all three. Never. So whoever wants to cling to the belief that "Strong Attack" somehow bodes well for what's going to happen next in that very same battle, all I can say is good luck to you.

I've explained my understanding of the battle system in exhausting detail in the thread entitled Making Sense of The Battleground. If you have a better understanding that doesn't leave you guessing, shrugging or tearing your hair, by all means explain it to others if you can, but I hope you have more than a couple anecdotal quips to go on.

sanya87
10-11-14, 01:10 PM
Finally beat emerald with vinotaur 14, tried troll 10 before but he lost. It took me almost ten tries to beat it! So i was really surprised to beat nightmare on my first try with sea drake 14 and unicorn on second try with chromadile 15. Two more to go!

flowless
10-11-14, 01:17 PM
When it says 1 day 10 hours
Does it mean I have only 10 hours left
Or 35 hours

Silly me
It does say 2 days on the icon

Paranoia getting the best of me

SANDSCApe
10-11-14, 01:24 PM
Next tournament, I think I'll fight ALL my battles using the weaker element to attack (except where both are strong). I wager that I'll STILL complete the tournament within 3 days in BOTH my forests without spending a single gem.

I already DO use the weaker one most of the time because when I'm not actually running tests, the "Strong Attack" message is highly irritating. It's like those kids on Jewel Mania yelling "Awesome!" "Way to go!" "Great job!" even when you're on your way to losing. (Gosh, I hate those Mania matchup games.)

my607
10-11-14, 01:25 PM
Do we need to hatch the owl bear before the tournament is over or just win it before the time is up? I'm still stuck on level 25 ( can't beat the drake) and I have 11 hours left. Any thoughts?

You need to beat the owl on #30 to get the owl as a reward. You don't need to hatch it. I used the troll lvl 9 to beat drake twice. Good luck

Lipand5kids
10-11-14, 01:31 PM
Sloth, magamacore , glacial griffin those r the ones I know

Thank you, I will jot them down and when I get there I will try them :)

SANDSCApe
10-11-14, 01:31 PM

Or 35 hours

Silly me

Brooklyn, you have nearly a day and a half left; not 11 hours!

The trophy icon will say "2 days" as long as you have at least 24 hours. If the timer on your fighter selection screen says 1 day 10 hours, it means 1 full day plus 10 hours; 34 hours left. That timer on that screen is accurate to the second.

Please note that when you have defeated the boss in Round 30, the Arena will again display a 1-hour timer, but you will no longer see the boss standing there. Ignore that timer. If you have the prize egg in storage or on the nest, you are done.

SANDSCApe
10-11-14, 01:45 PM
I'm going to take a break from breeding and just hatch my imprisoned animals. Satyr has Troll, Nightmare and Owl Bear in storage, along with a Panda (don't ask). Gump has Yak, Nightmare and Owl Bear in the cellar also. Don't know how I got into this habit of hoarding eggs. Must be PTSD from Dragon Story.

EviBrooklyn
10-11-14, 02:09 PM
Or 35 hours

Silly me

Lol, I made the same mistake. I freaked out bc I thought it said 11 hours but it's one day and 11 hours lol

EviBrooklyn
10-11-14, 02:13 PM

The trophy icon will say "2 days" as long as you have at least 24 hours. If the timer on your fighter selection screen says 1 day 10 hours, it means 1 full day plus 10 hours; 34 hours left. That timer on that screen is accurate to the second.

Please note that when you have defeated the boss in Round 30, the Arena will again display a 1-hour timer, but you will no longer see the boss standing there. Ignore that timer. If you have the prize egg in storage or on the nest, you are done.

Thanks Sand. I did realize that later, after I went in a full panic mode. I so didn't want to spend gems to speed this tournament

Bambamstad
10-11-14, 02:40 PM
Round 29 victory...beat the gold lion with my level 15 sloth, second attempt.
Tommorow must be time enough to finish

Gweenykay
10-11-14, 04:29 PM
I'm going to take a break from breeding and just hatch my imprisoned animals. Satyr has Troll, Nightmare and Owl Bear in storage, along with a Panda (don't ask). Gump has Yak, Nightmare and Owl Bear in the cellar also. Don't know how I got into this habit of hoarding eggs. Must be PTSD from Dragon Story.

Ok so they hatch- hope u have lots of feed stored for all those to get thro first evolution!

SHINeeFan23
10-11-14, 05:01 PM
Thanks for this. Only have 2 rounds left & I'll be done :)

jacdragonslair
10-11-14, 05:17 PM
*cries uncontrollably *
And now I've reached the second emerald who is just as stubborn as the first :mad:

Use the same one u used to beat the previous drake ?? gd luck :)

Funny Skyger eveually did the trick
I was getting nervous about being so close and not competing this round
I hope 29 and 30 are easier

Thanx for the help

You are most welcome :) Gd luck

Beat the unicorn on second attempt with my level 10 nightmare. Up to the gold lion...

Big congrats Bambam!! WTG :D I used Grassquatch on GoldLion Earth attack..ASloth and GGrifin does the trick too for others..gd luck

Hi lips..see above ..use only Earth (i refer to it as Rock cos of the icon:) attack..gd luck :)

EviBrooklyn
10-11-14, 05:31 PM
Here is my latest ordeal: I was stuck on level 25 since yesterday. Couldn't beat the emerald ( I know I said the drake earlier but it was the emerald I was stuck with). I tried all my high level super rares and couldn't beat him. I didn't have a pony, so I finally sold a few rare duplicates ( it hurt doing that), sold an earth habitat, bought the pony, raised him to level 13 and won it on my first try. What a relief !!

jacdragonslair
10-11-14, 05:39 PM

I already DO use the weaker one most of the time because when I'm not actually running tests, the "Strong Attack" message is highly irritating. It's like those kids on Jewel Mania yelling "Awesome!" "Way to go!" "Great job!" even when you're on your way to losing. (Gosh, I hate those Mania matchup games.)

Lol..i fully agree...the jumping yelling kid is hard to stomach after EVERY GAME wins...Game deleted..

Just curious..whats PTSD?

Round 29 victory...beat the gold lion with my level 15 sloth, second attempt.
Tommorow must be time enough to finish

Not to worry..that OwlBear is definitely going to stay in your island :)...Congrats :D

jacdragonslair
10-11-14, 05:43 PM
Here is my latest ordeal: I was stuck on level 25 since yesterday. Couldn't beat the emerald ( I know I said the drake earlier but it was the emerald I was stuck with). I tried all my high level super rares and couldn't beat him. I didn't have a pony, so I finally sold a few rare duplicates ( it hurt doing that), sold an earth habitat, bought the pony, raised him to level 13 and won it on my first try. What a relief !!

Wow..Gd job..and definitely worth the sacrifice...onward and forward..charge!!! *lol*

EviBrooklyn
10-11-14, 06:21 PM
Wow..Gd job..and definitely worth the sacrifice...onward and forward..charge!!! *lol*

Lol thanks. I was hoping to be done yesterday and would have had the owl bear hatching while my emerald is still breeding but my emerald will be ready to hatch way before I manage to win this owl bear. If I don't finish this tournament tonight ( and I doubt that I will), the poor owl bear will be locked in my storage room for a while.

jacdragonslair
10-11-14, 08:04 PM
Lol thanks. I was hoping to be done yesterday and would have had the owl bear hatching while my emerald is still breeding but my emerald will be ready to hatch way before I manage to win this owl bear. If I don't finish this tournament tonight ( and I doubt that I will), the poor owl bear will be locked in my storage room for a while.

Congrats on the Emerald and i wouldnt mind storing any egg for a gem...but sadly i hvnt been able to catch the elusive unicorn :( nor the AuroraPegasus... so I guess this OwlBear is my consolation lol..

jsburas
10-11-14, 08:20 PM
Oh this is so aggravating! I am stuck on 26 fighting the Troll! I have used every fire animal I have from Super to Rare to Common and have been fighting Troll since Friday night! I thought for sure I would win tournament by tonight! Any tips?

SHINeeFan23
10-11-14, 10:07 PM
FF Tourney OwlBear

Hooray!! And Vinotaur10 does the honour of bringing OwlBear to my island :D

R = Rock
L = Leaf
W = Water
Lg = Lightning
D = Dark
F = Fire

s = strong, c = critical, n = neutral, w = weak

1) Pony1(F) < Rhino10 RsRsRc ~~ Pony 15 lost
2) Plantler 1 < Vinotaur10 Lc
3) Rainquin 1 < ASloth 4 ~ RnLc
4) SpruceMoose < FFox10 Fc
5) LgLeopard < ASloth 4 LcL
6) Rocodile < Grassquatch 9 LsLc ~~ ASloth 4 lost
7) Rampage < GGrifin 7 RsWc ~~DBat 6, GGolem 4 lost
8) Iciclaw < GQuatch9 LsLsLc ~~ Vinotaur10 L lost
9) Koala < FFerret 13 Fc ~~ Vinotaur10 F lost
10) SSimian < FGlider 9 FsFc ~~ GGriffin7 W lost
11) EagleBeagle < FFerret 13 FsFsFc
12) VolCamel < GGrifin 9 WsRsWc ~~ Aquatter 10 W, Hydroyak W lost
13) SeaLion 10 < GGolem7 DnRnRc ~~ LgLeopard, Rampage 10, Ox Lost
14 Terrorier < ASloth9 RcLw
15) Elephantom < Vinotaur9 FsFc ~~ FGlider, Rampage10 RsFsRs lost
16) Hedgehog 10 < ASloth9 RcLc
17) Aquatter 10 < Vinotaur9 Rc
18) ThunderMammoth 12 < SMoose 10 LsDnLc ~~ ASloth9 RsLsRs lost
19) GGrifin 12 (RW) < FFerret13 LsFwLc ~~ ASloth9 RnLsLs lost
20) Hippogryph < GGrifin10 Rc ~~ SFox6 LgsRsLgs lost close
21) Bamboon 15 < FFerretv13 Lc ~~ SMoose10 DnLsLs lost
22) Emerald < Vinotaur10 FsFcFs ~~ OnyxOx10 DsFsDs, EBear11 DsFsDs, FF13 FsLwFs, SMoose10 lost
23) OnyxOx < ASloth9 RsRsRc ~~ Vinotaur10 FsLwFs, GGrifin10 WsRsWs lost
24) Terradactyl < GQuatch9 RsLc
25) Emerald < Vinotaur10 FsFc
26) TwilightTroll 16 < Vinotaur10 FsFc
27) Nightmare (DF) < GGrifin10 (WR) WsRsRc
28) Unicorn 18 (Gem) < EBear11 (DF) DcDs ~~ GGolem9 (DR), SMoose10 (DL) DsLwDs LOST
29) GoldLion 19 (LgF) < GQuatch9 (RL) Rc ~~GGrifin10 (WR) RsRsRs lost
30) Owl (DL) < Vinotaur10 (FL) FsLnFc

Just a tip..except for PPony which is lvl 15 ( and lost to a lvl 1 at that too lol) my highest is lvl 13 FairyFerret. The rest are around lvl 9-10 so dont give up..Rares are just as gd in wining an ultrarare..my hero is EmberBear11 :). Gd luck to all still battling and congrats once again to the winners...and thx for all tips..

Thanks for the heads up on RD. 30. I did what you did & now my owl is in storage :)

ninasidstorm8
10-11-14, 10:14 PM
Oh this is so aggravating! I am stuck on 26 fighting the Troll! I have used every fire animal I have from Super to Rare to Common and have been fighting Troll since Friday night! I thought for sure I would win tournament by tonight! Any tips?

Your best bet to defeat a Dark/Nature creature like the Troll is to use a creature consisting of Electric/Fire, Dark/Fire or Nature/Fire. Choose the highest level super rare that you have that matches one of those three combinations. If you don't have a Super rare of one of those types, then choose the highest level rare with one of those three combinations. You may not win the first couple times but stick with your best choice.

TeabytheSea3
10-11-14, 10:47 PM
I am breathing a little sigh of relief. With everyone's information, support & advice, I am facing the last battle. I just beat the Golden Lion after my second try with Level 12 Sloth. I am hoping I have luck with the Owl with my level 11 Terriorier....unless anyone has better advice. Last night, I was feeling defeated but "my607 "was very encouraging about not giving up. I'm hoping to have enough time & luck to beat the owl.

To those still battling, don't give up. I've had a lot of luck with my Sloth, Ox, Troll & Terrorier. Next set of challenges, I will kept a personal diary. Good luck all. And again thanks for all of the great information & positive support!

Bambamstad
10-12-14, 12:11 AM
Yeah, i got it. Vinotaur was a good choice. Now just have to hatch it. ;-)

If you are still in the battles, keep on trying. Good luck to all of you!!

BunnieMix
10-12-14, 12:14 AM
Wooo, got it last night with my Nightmare!

TokiChunsa
10-12-14, 01:35 AM
I don't think I'll get this one either. Onyx Ox is giving me a difficult time. I might not be able to finish in less than 18 hours, minus time needed for sleep.

bentleyboy01
10-12-14, 03:54 AM
3 times i have completed level 28 and then failed level 29 after a reset, when i next go to it after an hour I am back on level 28. With only 20 hours to go, and spending gems I cant really afford too, I'm really unhappy and worried i'll never get to complete the tournament, which will be loads of wasted gems

sweetypies97
10-12-14, 04:43 AM
Take photos, Bentley boy, and email support.

SANDSCApe
10-12-14, 05:01 AM
3 times i have completed level 28 and then failed level 29 after a reset, when i next go to it after an hour I am back on level 28. With only 20 hours to go, and spending gems I cant really afford too, I'm really unhappy and worried i'll never get to complete the tournament, which will be loads of wasted gems

Take the screenshots but KEEP BATTLING. By the time Support gets around to your ticket, the tournament will be over. The only real satisfaction you can hope for is if you can show you've beaten the Owl Bear, had egg in storage then egg is gone. If you can prove it, they'll restore your egg.
So right now, you MUST get to that egg. Keep setting your timer to battle every hour. Don't spend gems just yet; a lot can happen in the next 19 hours.

During the Nightmare tournament, the server reversed the first victory of every single round fought by Satyr Sanctuary. For that forest, I had to defeat all 30 opponents twice. Drove me nuts, but thankfully it didn't affect my younger forest playing the game on the very same device. I got a couple reversals in this tournament, but nothing like that horror.

Just push past it. Two more victories within the next 19 hours and you're there.

bentleyboy01
10-12-14, 05:14 AM
Thank you for support, will keep going, will be hearing Hoots soon I hope :)

TeabytheSea3
10-12-14, 07:09 AM
Woohoo!!! My level 15 Pyro Pony won the day!!! Whew! :)

Thank you all again! Now to breed some more rare or super rare creatures, especially the elusive Unicorn! :)

Good luck to everyone still playing in the tournament!

baseball_boy
10-12-14, 09:17 AM
Can't get past level 20. Not getting this tournament animal either

seekerbears
10-12-14, 09:50 AM
I beat the Owl Bear at 4am with my Ox without spending any money on gems it actually took me 2 tries with my crystal unicorn and I'm very surprised

stoneflower8
10-12-14, 09:58 AM
Thank for everyone who try to help me with this Golden Lion! I won 3th day with Racmoon just ones hit. Owl Bear got after 2 times hit with Vinotour(14). Good luck for everyone who going on the tournament!

Bambamstad
10-12-14, 10:04 AM
Congrats to everybody who have wone the tournament. I am glad, both my wife and I did.

Good luck to all who are struggling.

SANDSCApe
10-12-14, 10:28 AM
In light of recent discoveries, I tested all the elements against the Unicorn in Round 28 of the Owl Bear Tournament. I also tested Unicorn against a quarter of the Terrorier Battleground to observe the ratings of the Gem element against a variety of hybrids and pure elements. I can now confirm that Gem has dominance over two other elements.

Gem is strong against Nature
Gem is strong against Earth
Gem is weak against Dark

The Universal Fighter Selector has been edited to reflect the newfound relationships when Gem animals square off against animals with the Earth and/or Nature elements. All relevant NEBs have been recalculated.

New Highs & Lows
A NEB of 3 (or -3) is now possible when Gem-Nature fights Earth-Nature. The Emerald Dragon is now a super-power! It stacks better odds against Sloth, Grassquatch, Hedgehog, Bamboon & Plantlers than any fighter does against any other opponent. Don't send your trusty Sloth out to meet this lambasting lizard.

Thanks to PeterPan for posting the strong-rated attack of his Unicorn against the Bamboon.

EviBrooklyn
10-12-14, 10:50 AM

Sand, I'm 16 hours away and still stuck on level 28. So from yesterday to today manage to move 3 levels ahead. You mentioned once that the odds of each battle are set once were in the arena. I say the odds are set for each of us before we start the tournament. I'm in complete panic mode right now, I want this bear owl bc it's unbreedable.

Sylvrthrne
10-12-14, 10:53 AM
whew! final results:

Round 1: lvl 15 frostfang
Round 2: lvl 10 onyx ox, fire attack
Round 3: lvl 15 ancient sloth, nature attack
Round 4: lvl 10 onyx ox, fire attack
Round 5: lvl 15 ancient sloth, earth attack
Round 6:lvl 15 ancient sloth, nature attack
Round 7: lvl 15 ancient sloth, earth attack
Round 8: lvl 15 ancient sloth, earth attack
Round 9: lvl 10 vinotaur, fire attack
Round 10: lvl 15 frostfang
Round 11: lvl 10 onyx ox, fire attack
Round 12: lvl 15 frostfang
Round 13: lvl 10 onyx ox, fire attack
Round 14: lvl 15 frostfang
Round 15: lvl 10 gold lion, fire attack
Round 16: lvl 15 frostfang
Round 17: lvl 10 gold lion, electric attack
Round 18: lvl 15 Twilight Troll, nature attack
Round 19: lvl 15 ancient sloth, nature attack
Round 20: lvl 10 terradactyl, electric attack
Round 21: lvl 12 vinotaur, nature attack
Round 22: lvl 15 skyger
Round 23: lvl 15 ancient sloth, earth attack
Round 24: lvl 15 Twilight Troll, nature attack
Round 25: lvl 15 pyro pony
Round 26: lvl 14 vinotaur, fire attack
Round 27: ancient sloth, earth attack
Round 28: ultimate
Round 29: lvl 10 rock rhino
Round 30: lvl 14 vinotaur, fire attack

raythek14
10-12-14, 01:07 PM
Lol I luv theses battles let the battle begin 😄

I went into the weekend on battle 22 and I have lost every battle since. Apparently, I don't have any animals that can defeat the next 8 opponents. No point in trying anymore. #dissapointed

raythek14
10-12-14, 01:09 PM
I agree with you 100%. No point in getting this far if you can't finish the job.

TokiChunsa
10-12-14, 01:28 PM
Stuck with 7 levels left and 10 hrs. I wish it was a bit easier or one or two extra days. This is so stressful.

finnth12
10-12-14, 02:05 PM
OMG I just beat the emerald with jackapole lvl 13 fire attack. I still have a few hours, I hope I can finish this. None of my creatures are lvl 15 yet.

SANDSCApe
10-12-14, 02:22 PM
Sand, I'm 16 hours away and still stuck on level 28. So from yesterday to today manage to move 3 levels ahead. You mentioned once that the odds of each battle are set once were in the arena. I say the odds are set for each of us before we start the tournament. I'm in complete panic mode right now, I want this bear owl bc it's unbreedable.

Youch. Do you have 60 gems handy to pay for Ultimate Hits just in case you're still not there at bedtime? Clock runs out at 3am our time (Eastern US). If push comes to shove, that's not a bad price for a unique unbreedable animal, especially to someone like you who now has every other creature.

SANDSCApe
10-12-14, 02:30 PM
Friends, when you reach the point where you have more rounds left than hours remaining, it may be time to consider the 30-gem purple button over there to the right. After several defeats to the same opponent, it may move you forward to other targets that may not be as difficult for you. Only one way to find out. If the tournament beats you, so be it, but don't beat yourself.

EviBrooklyn
10-12-14, 02:32 PM
Youch. Do you have 60 gems handy to pay for Ultimate Hits just in case you're still not there at bedtime? Clock runs out at 3am our time (Eastern US). If push comes to shove, that's not a bad price for a unique unbreedable animal, especially to someone like you who now has every other creature.

I was thinking the same, use gems for speeding or the ultimates. I did spend 15 gems speeding level 28 ( unicorn), finally I won that one with cosmic Phoenix. I'm going to keep trying a few more hours just to see if I can win the last two, otherwise I'll spend 60 gems ( ughhhh) for the ultimate attacks. But, like you said, an unbreedable & super rares is worth some gems.

Update: I'm on the last one, I have 8 hours or 8 tries to win the cute little owl bear. I think I'll make it without spending any additional gems

MelodicStars
10-12-14, 03:38 PM
Did anybody who hatched the owl bear notice this? It's pupils are larger than usual. However, the animation where it's just kind of running around in its habitat has normal size pupils for its eyes.

SANDSCApe
10-12-14, 03:53 PM
Did anybody who hatched the owl bear notice this? It's pupils are larger than usual. However, the animation where it's just kind of running around in its habitat has normal size pupils for its eyes.

They must have taken that picture at night, when the pupils of nocturnal animals enlarge remarkably to fill up nearly the entire eyes. LOL

raythek14
10-12-14, 03:54 PM
Bull ! Per your advice I have been battling the Onyx for 2 days with my Sloth and have been beaten everytime. Now I will not win the tournament. Thanks for the bull advice. Have a nice day!

EviBrooklyn
10-12-14, 03:59 PM
Bull ! Per your advice I have been battling the Onyx for 2 days with my Sloth and have been beaten everytime. Now I will not win the tournament. Thanks for the bull advice. Have a nice day!

I won with hydro yak- water attack. You need to try different super rares or rares with earth or water elements on it. What works for one person, doesn't necessarily works for another. I hope you get to finish it and win this super rare

kooky panda
10-12-14, 04:29 PM

I am sorry you are having some issues with the tournament.
Please keep in mind, that any of these posts and guides from members are not official in anyway. Players come to these threads to post what works for them.
It may or may not work for everyone.

Without members sharing their personal combos everyone would be on their own trying to finish the tournament in time.

Personally for me, not every combo shown on post 1 work for me either. I did have 3-5 creatures that took me 3-4 times to take down.

I keep my own list of what works and combine that with what others are posting to do my tournaments.

I even had to use the ultimate attack on two battles.

I do not know if this makes a difference but when I get on a losing streak, I restart my device to refresh my game, then I seem to get the next few battles on the first try.

SANDSCApe
10-12-14, 05:12 PM

I don't know whose advice you were following; my Selector (on Page 2 of this thread) recommended Water-Earth or Earth-Fire against that opponent. So.... Sloth? Nope. Not saying it can't win but ... not my pick, that's for sure.

(By the way, that's an Ox; not a Bull! LOL)

Sumercarefree
10-12-14, 06:01 PM
Yes the last few rounds are pretty tough. Need luck to get through and it is too time consuming.
I have some gems set aside luckily.
After this I will probably delete the game for a while. come back when things are more stabilized.

SANDSCApe
10-12-14, 06:11 PM
RayTheK14, I had a look at your forest. You don't actually have a better animal to use against Onyx Ox anyway, except your L15 Volcamel. Try that. Really, I think you should.
Your forest may be in better shape for future tournaments if you breed a wider variety and raise your supers and rares. (Couldn't help but notice that your Garden, Nest and Flower were all idle.)
Your 12 habitats hold 31 animals, 7 of which are duplicates. That amounts to a collection of only 24 types (12 of which are common). 5 super-rares -- Dark-Nature (2), Dark-Fire, Water-Nature & Earth-Nature. Most are quite young. No Electric animals (Lightning Leopard Expansion not done!) I would have a hard time slugging through a tournament with your animals. I think you've done quite well to get through more than 20 rounds. Who knows -- you may still pull it off if you can speed between battles.

CranberrySweet
10-12-14, 06:31 PM
I am on the 8th try for the second emerald drake near the end which is a Level 18 (EIGHTEEN FFS) and this is officially Not Fun Anymore.

Have enough gems to skip though but with 4 levels on the other side and no way of knowing if it'll take 8 tries for each of those, I don't even know if I should bother.

There's no reason for it to be this difficult. Yes, I know, luck, bla bla bla. I've been playing this game since the start and I'm tired of being nickel and dimed while they slowly keep making things harder and harder for no apparent reason. Oh wait... Money, that's the reason. What ****.

Birdfox
10-12-14, 06:52 PM
Got my Owl Bear thanks to the element effectiveness chart on the first page of the thread (thanks SANDSCApe!!) Level 30 gave me the most trouble and I eventually beat it with my level 15 Jackalope.

Pretty stoked to have beaten this one since I didn't beat the Nightmare tournament. Lots of helpful info in this thread. I also had a timer set for every hour so I could get in as many battles as possible.

So for future tournaments: use SANDSCApe's element chart and use an hourly alarm. You really can't go wrong.

tuffyjkitten
10-12-14, 07:00 PM
I agree, that chart was a lifesaver! Thank you so much for putting that together!!

I had some slow points since I only have common dark-fires since my Nightmare and Terrorier were still in storage. But I was happy that I only had the final battle to do today and that I did not need to use any gems at all.

Congratulations to everyone who finished!

EviBrooklyn
10-12-14, 07:09 PM
I am on the 8th try for the second emerald drake near the end which is a Level 18 (EIGHTEEN FFS) and this is officially Not Fun Anymore.

Have enough gems to skip though but with 4 levels on the other side and no way of knowing if it'll take 8 tries for each of those, I don't even know if I should bother.
There's no reason for it to be this difficult. Yes, I know, luck, bla bla bla. I've been playing this game since the start and I'm tired of being nickel and dimed while they slowly keep making things harder and harder for no apparent reason. Oh wait... Money, that's the reason. What ****.

I won mine with cosmic Phoenix if you have one. I was stuck for a while too

Sumercarefree
10-12-14, 07:14 PM
OKay used one ultimate, to finish it in both my accounts.
Thnx for some guidance in the Fights. makes interesting readings.

goodsoul76
10-12-14, 07:32 PM
Dilemma dilemma....4.5 hrs left 34 gems and just had the 3rd fail on the gold lion....go for the ultimate and onto the owl and try my luck or just use up the gems to get as many chances as possible and rely on luck?

Not lucky with this happening over the thanksgiving weekend..way too many distractions....namely food!!

my607
10-12-14, 07:56 PM
Dilemma dilemma....4.5 hrs left 34 gems and just had the 3rd fail on the gold lion....go for the ultimate and onto the owl and try my luck or just use up the gems to get as many chances as possible and rely on luck?

Not lucky with this happening over the thanksgiving weekend..way too many distractions....namely food!!

Ultimate attack because then you win that battle move on to owl. Plus, you only have few hours so it's do or die.

my607
10-12-14, 07:57 PM
Also, you can't breed this animal it's now or never.

igames4me
10-12-14, 08:13 PM
Finally done... Had to use 2 ultimates on both accts
Emerald and crystal unicorn

Was busy because just finished dragon story tournament in both accts.

Thanks to those who did the first page. It's a lifesaver. Specially the attack that was used.
Sometimes it said nature attack so used pandofil and actually got critical.

TokiChunsa
10-12-14, 09:26 PM
There is only 2 and a half more hrs and I have 6 levels to go. This is not going well. I feel like I'm rushed. I get frustrated and discouraged from the losses.

Lipand5kids
10-12-14, 09:49 PM
There is only 2 and a half more hrs and I have 6 levels to go. This is not going well. I feel like I'm rushed. I get frustrated and discouraged from the losses.

I feel ya! Stuck on Twilight Troll and just not getting anywhere fast. Maybe this is just my tournament. Good luck to those still battling and getting closer and Congratulations on those that won and got their new Owl Bear! :)

Sumercarefree
10-12-14, 09:49 PM

Good Luck.
Yes it is a krazy tournament and the 27 n 28 is a challenge.

Sumercarefree
10-12-14, 09:50 PM
someone posted this:
28) Unicorn 18 (Gem) < EBear11 (DF) DcDs ~~ GGolem9 (DR), SMoose10 (DL) DsLwDs LOST

R = Rock
L = Leaf
W = Water
Lg = Lightning
D = Dark
F = Fire

TokiChunsa
10-12-14, 10:09 PM
I feel ya! Stuck on Twilight Troll and just not getting anywhere fast. Maybe this is just my tournament. Good luck to those still battling and getting closer and Congratulations on those that won and got their new Owl Bear! :)

Good Luck.
Yes it is a krazy tournament and the 27 n 28 is a challenge.

I give up. It's too stressful. I can't do thus with so little time. I couldn't even get back the gems I used last time. I went through 12 levels in like 13 mins and it was horrible.

Lipand5kids
10-12-14, 10:59 PM
Lol so now I drop Twilight Troll with Ancient Sloth 10. :p

Lipand5kids
10-12-14, 11:00 PM
I give up. It's too stressful. I can't do thus with so little time. I couldn't even get back the gems I used last time. I went through 12 levels in like 13 mins and it was horrible.

I hear ya! At least I made it to R27, I'm good with that. :)

TokiChunsa
10-12-14, 11:01 PM
someone posted this:

R = Rock
L = Leaf
W = Water
Lg = Lightning
D = Dark
F = Fire

I tried fire, but it doesn't work. It's been hrs and still no critical, just strong.

goodsoul76
10-12-14, 11:18 PM
Ok probably 1 shot left on level 30.....no gems left.....failed with the gold lion 3x and failed with the cosmic Phoenix 1x.....both of those we're level 10....should I try the pony which is at level 15? Or try my luck again with the cosmic Phoenix......

SANDSCApe
10-12-14, 11:57 PM
Why am I up at 3am?
It is about finished for the Owl Bear, friends. Too late to seek or give advice. Do what you must if you must have that prize. My condolences to those who could not make it. I have experienced tournament failure in the past (Dragon Story). It hurts. It sucks. That's the plain truth.

Lipand5kids
10-13-14, 12:02 AM
R28. Crystal Unicorn 18< Nightmare 10 ( Dark)
R29. Golden Lion 19< Ancient Sloth 10 (Earth)
R30. Owl Bear 20< Fire Glider 13 (Fire)

I didn't think I could but wow with the strong then critical, so I just sped them up and won by luck. Still in shock.

goodsoul76
10-13-14, 12:04 AM
Well that was a bust!! Oh well back time to lick the battle wounds and go back to trying for the nature dark hybrid I really want...the aurora Pegasus!! Lol....or go make myself a turkey sandwich with leftovers!!

Happy thanksgiving to the fellow Canadian gamers!

Lipand5kids
10-13-14, 12:05 AM
Why am I up at 3am?
It is about finished for the Owl Bear, friends. Too late to seek or give advice. Do what you must if you must have that prize. My condolences to those who could not make it. I have experienced tournament failure in the past (Dragon Story). It hurts. It sucks. That's the plain truth.

I understand and I was ready to lose as well. But with each win I kept moving forward. I was not going to Ultimate at all. Congrats to those that won and hugs to those that didn't. In DS I win some and lose some. But starting to get to know pm some of you and on the DS forum having forum buddies make each tournament fun and bearable, lol.

egla3
10-13-14, 12:29 AM
So sad can't make it. I was stuck at 29 lvl

Lipand5kids
10-13-14, 11:20 AM
So sad can't make it. I was stuck at 29 lvl

Sorry you didn't make it, you were so close. Maybe next time and it will be a better animal. I know how you feel, I been there many times in DS.

bluefoxcrystal
10-13-14, 11:53 AM
Phew!! I'm kind of glad the game didna scrub me over! :0 I had 3 "rollbacks" with the evil pony at the end.
Congrats to all who got this guy and sorry to all who didna :(