PDA

View Full Version : How do I upgrade my farm?

GC5410
10-06-14, 07:18 PM
I only started playing a few days ago and I can't figure out how to upgrade my farms. I have a goal saying "room to grow" upgrade your farm, but I can't see an option to do so. I thought maybe the goal had come up early and I wasn't a high enough level to upgrade, but I have just reached level 10 and there has been no change in the game. I even looked under buildings in the store and it still only has the 300 coin farms to buy. What am I doing wrong, please?

my607
10-06-14, 07:21 PM
When you go to the farm tap the upgrade button.

GC5410
10-06-14, 07:31 PM
Where should the upgrade button be? I can't see it 15898

zenobia42
10-06-14, 08:06 PM
According to your screencap you are level 10. Big farms are available at level 9. You should be allowed to upgrade them but you clearly are not being given the option. What are your active quests? Is it possible there is a quest you must compelte before you are allowed to upgrade your farms. I am sorry to say I do not recall what else was going on when I was at that point of the game myself.

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 08:08 PM
Tap on the farm, you should see on the bottom of the screen an arrow pointing up. Tap on it and it will give you the option. If you don't see it, it might be too early for you to do so. You should wait until you level up

zenobia42
10-06-14, 08:11 PM
I wonder if the level requirement changed on the day they ruinded the evolution times or something? GC5410, maybe try selling one of your little farms. Then go to the shop and look at the big farms in the buildings tab. Does it say you must be a higher level than you are? I say to sell the small farm first because if you are maxed on the number of farms you are allowed for your level, I believe the shop just says "Limit Reached" on all the farms in the shop. But if you are hesitant to sell the small farm, try the store first and see if it lists a level requirement for big and/or grand farms.

GC5410
10-06-14, 09:39 PM
According to your screencap you are level 10. Big farms are available at level 9. You should be allowed to upgrade them but you clearly are not being given the option. What are your active quests? Is it possible there is a quest you must compelte before you are allowed to upgrade your farms. I am sorry to say I do not recall what else was going on when I was at that point of the game myself.

Thanks for your reply. Here are my active quests: 15900

zenobia42
10-06-14, 09:42 PM
What does that "Room to Grow" quest say when you open it up? If it says to upgrade your farm and has a button in the quest, try that. And make sure nothing is growing in the one you want to upgrade. You can't upgrade while food is currently growing. I didn't bring that up before because the first screencap you posted looked like you havd it right with no food.

GC5410
10-06-14, 09:43 PM
I wonder if the level requirement changed on the day they ruinded the evolution times or something? GC5410, maybe try selling one of your little farms. Then go to the shop and look at the big farms in the buildings tab. Does it say you must be a higher level than you are? I say to sell the small farm first because if you are maxed on the number of farms you are allowed for your level, I believe the shop just says "Limit Reached" on all the farms in the shop. But if you are hesitant to sell the small farm, try the store first and see if it lists a level requirement for big and/or grand farms.

Thanks, I tried selling a small farm to see if it would open up some sort of option to upgrade or buy a big farm from the store, but it didn't. I literally don't have an option for buying any other type of farm in my store to even be able to see what level I need to be 15901

GC5410
10-06-14, 09:45 PM
What does that "Room to Grow" quest say when you open it up? If it says to upgrade your farm and has a button in the quest, try that. And make sure nothing is growing in the one you want to upgrade. You can't upgrade while food is currently growing. I didn't bring that up before because the first screencap you posted looked like you havd it right with no food.

The screen shot I posted in #3 is what I get when I use the upgrade button in the quest (so same for using it from quest or when just touching the farm directly).

zenobia42
10-06-14, 09:45 PM
Okay based on THAT screenshot I am 99% sure the reason you cannot upgrade is that you need to be a higher level before you are allowed to . The level you could upgrade used to be level 9. but they have been making a lot of changes to the game. Hopefully someone from Team Lava or Storm 8 will notice this tomorrow and let us know what the new level you need to be for a big farm is.

GC5410
10-06-14, 09:46 PM
The quest is missing the picture of the food too - not sure if that is significant 15902

GC5410
10-06-14, 09:47 PM
Okay based on THAT screenshot I am 99% sure the reason you cannot upgrade is that you need to be a higher level before you are allowed to . The level you could upgrade used to be level 9. but they have been making a lot of changes to the game. Hopefully someone from Team Lava or Storm 8 will notice this tomorrow and let us know what the new level you need to be for a big farm is.

Yes, that does seem to be the most logical answer doesn't it - I will wait then, thank you for your help.

zenobia42
10-06-14, 09:48 PM
I don't think the missing mangoes picture is significant. On my big farms, I can still plant mystic mangoes (and I do every night as my overnight planting), so once you reach whatever level now lets you buy big farms I don't think you'll have a problem finding the mangoes in it. :)

SANDSCApe
10-07-14, 11:36 AM
Missing images DO sometimes indicate that everything is not in sync and that information is missing. I sometimes see that if I lose connectivity, if the server is for whatever reason not recognizing stuff, or my copy of the app needs replacing.

GC5410, if this issue is still not resolved, try deleting Fantasy Forest from your device and download the app again. You will not lose any game progress. Reloading the app often fixes this kind of thing.

If that fails, email Support@TeamLava.com and include any screenshots that may help explain the problem.

Meowmeowbeans
10-07-14, 11:36 AM
The Big Farm is available to users at Level 9, so you should be able to upgrade your farms at this time. Have you tried re-installing the game to see if that resolves the issue?

Additionally, the amount of farms you can have in your forest is limited based on your level, which is why farms in your market are showing as locked until Level 13. Once you reach Level 13, the amount of farms you can have will increase. You can view the maximum habitats you are allowed to have in your Profile by tapping on the star in the upper left hand corner. :)

GC5410
10-08-14, 05:05 AM
Hadn't seen the last 2 posts until just now (so haven't done a uninstall/reinstall), but have just come back to this thread to say that although nothing changed yesterday or the day before, today when I loaded the app (just now, for the first time in 18 hours) I could upgrade my farm, so (unless someone "backstage" sorted it out) I guess the glitch has sorted itself out. Thanks for all the replies :)

Meowmeowbeans
10-08-14, 10:33 AM
I'm glad to hear that! Please let us know if you have any other issues. :)

55lee55
10-10-14, 11:01 PM
I am Level 40 so it makes no difference what level I am, but when I tried to upgrade my farms today there were no options to upgrade. I finally figured that it doesn't give the option to update if you are growing crops at the time. When I tried after harvesting, I was given the option to update.

If you are like me and need to have the obvious pointed out to you, I found this out by accident. I thought that possibly I had somehow enlarged my farms to the limit, even though I only had one really big farm and three small ones, that indicated that they had reached the limit when I was actively growing crops. Once I had harvested, the option to upgrade appeared. This may be obvious to most, but it wasn't to me, so make sure you aren't growing crops when trying to upgrade. It is a small thing, but to me it was not immediately obvious. This may not be your problem if yours is related to level, but if there is a possibility that like me you were attempting to upgrade while growing crops, wait until you have harvested and try again. :)

GC5410
10-11-14, 08:20 AM
I am Level 40 so it makes no difference what level I am, but when I tried to upgrade my farms today there were no options to upgrade. I finally figured that it doesn't give the option to update if you are growing crops at the time. When I tried after harvesting, I was given the option to update.

If you are like me and need to have the obvious pointed out to you, I found this out by accident. I thought that possibly I had somehow enlarged my farms to the limit, even though I only had one really big farm and three small ones, that indicated that they had reached the limit when I was actively growing crops. Once I had harvested, the option to upgrade appeared. This may be obvious to most, but it wasn't to me, so make sure you aren't growing crops when trying to upgrade. It is a small thing, but to me it was not immediately obvious. This may not be your problem if yours is related to level, but if there is a possibility that like me you were attempting to upgrade while growing crops, wait until you have harvested and try again. :)

I had no upgrade option even when not growing crops (the screenshot I posted shows no food being grown) - it just proved to be an error/glitch that was fixed within a couple of days (and wasn't a problem with my level either) :)