PDA

View Full Version : What to buy with gems?

Pages : [1] 2

Frosty_Wench
05-10-13, 08:27 AM
In the opinion of the forum, what would be the best use of gems in my kingdom and what are the best uses in general?

I have already purchased 2 Wizard Schools using the 75 gems I got from several other game goals and I am currently sitting on about 30 or so. I don't spend money on the game. I probably would spend a few bucks here and there during a sale, but I refuse to unless the gem traps are cleared up.

I was thinking of buying a lemon tree. It's the only fruit tree I don't have, and I'm in the middle stages of the game with a severe iron shortage, so I can only hunt bandits when I get 5 swords from Thurston's Fort.

I was also thinking about the Royal Manor, although it's kind of useless until it gets upgraded a bit. I do, however, like the idea of using gems on things that cannot be obtained any other way. Also, I am sitting at about 2300 RP trying to devise a way to get high enough for Sabina and the Roost.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jamalo
05-10-13, 09:05 AM
Would go for lemon tree if you still miss that one. You can earn gems with lemons, oranges and apples in the royal exchange so that is a good investment in the long term :-)

Frosty_Wench
05-10-13, 09:10 AM
That's true, and it's probably where I'm leaning. I just know I'm going to get a lemon tree on my 1st adventure after buying it. Anyway, who knows how many gems I lose to traps trying to get from 60 to 120 for the manor? Thanks for the input.

thekaygirl
05-10-13, 11:25 AM
I used gems to buy an orange tree and an apple tree and have not regretted the decision. You'll need the fruits for quests and also for trades, so there's a good advantage to buying the trees. Other than that nothing else seems to be a fair trade-off for the gems. I would suggest using your gems soon though so you don't end up losing them to traps!

ghjvcucjb
05-10-13, 11:39 AM
Here's my 2 cents on spending gems (probably not even worth 1 cent though). I won't buy any because of the gem traps, I've personally have lost at least 100. So gems are very valuable to me. I would never use them to speed things up (on purpose anyways). In order of importance: 1 wizard school 2 second wizard school 3 fruit trees 4 save for future updates that are gem only and/or purchasing gem only items such as green arches and some pink animals i missed once I've accomplished all goals and expansions.

Since you already have two schools I would go for the fruit trees, very helpful with several goals and the royal exchange. I'm working on getting two of each as I never have enough, especially apples.

Frosty_Wench
05-10-13, 11:56 AM
Thanks, everyone. Lemon tree it is (as soon as I get 28 more gems).

bsohn
06-12-13, 04:20 PM
Well I have been trying to figure out what to spend my Gems on and cant figure out anything really good..

I already Have the Chateau and manner, 2 Wizard Schools, Glimmer Trove, White Cow, a Sheep, Purple Cow...

Are the other animals any good for certain Items.. Should I get a second Glimmer trove.. Should I use them to speed things up.. Save them for later (hoping not to hit a trap).

What would you spend your gems on..

Brion

Lilipipi
06-12-13, 04:30 PM
If you are good about not losing them in gem traps, I'd say wait it out. They might come up with another update that might require gems.

catlady71
06-12-13, 06:03 PM
I always have doubts when it comes the time to spend gems

I think buying the apple tree and the other trees really worth it.
don't regret buying the wizard school.
just bought a sheep, and kinda regret it

catlady71
06-12-13, 06:15 PM
in order of importance (imo):

1. apple tree
2. lemon/orange tree
3. wizard school

Queenzod
06-12-13, 06:42 PM
I always have doubts when it comes the time to spend gems

I think buying the apple tree and the other trees really worth it.
don't regret buying the wizard school.
just bought a sheep, and kinda regret it

No, sheeps are great! You'll enjoy yours. They are really great at throwing out chunks of meat. And they're very cute. Give it a name and talk to it. It'll grow on you in no time. ;)

jo_fitz
06-13-13, 01:29 AM
Trees! Maybe another glimmer trove and maybe a sheep. (A quest uses the wool)
I've never gotten a tree drop before. I got 3 white cows, a sheep, 2 pigs, and too many decorations to count.

bsohn
06-13-13, 05:43 AM
Yea, I have 3 Orange, 2 Lemon, and 1 Apple tree, The Quest Given Glimmer Trove, and 1 Sheep.. Yea the sheep is probably better than the White and Normal cows about throwing meat. I guess I will probably save them as I cant think of a serious benefit.. The Extra Trove would make Glimmer dust collecting much easier as I don't really have room for a patch of shrooms. as I have notices that when I have at least 9 of something they tend to spawn good drops a bit better than a singular. (but it could be me)

catlady71
06-13-13, 12:50 PM
No, sheeps are great! You'll enjoy yours. They are really great at throwing out chunks of meat. And they're very cute. Give it a name and talk to it. It'll grow on you in no time. ;)

thanks, Queenzod. the little sheep just became an adult today! i'll give it a name and treat it well :)

evangelina812
06-22-13, 09:18 PM
What are the best things that you have invested gems into? I currently have exactly 600 gems (haven't spent a penny, just won a contest and installed every game) and have been debating for a while what to spend them on.

I was thinking about the Wizard School and the 3 fruit trees, but what else? Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!

domo2001
06-22-13, 09:26 PM
600!!!!!! I'm struggling to get 10 to change my name! I wish i were you!!!!!!

jawest78
06-22-13, 10:10 PM
First purchases should be 2 wizard schools. Getting the extra energy several times a day makes a huge difference. After that, the fruit trees are a good option, especially if you have some quests related to them.

angela3737
06-22-13, 10:22 PM
Yes...get 2 schools ...and 1 each of fruit tree so you can Get goals , make recipes for trade ...get sir pig ..I would maybe add vday cow if you can..he is one of my best sources for rat tails

Lilipipi
06-22-13, 10:31 PM
I would maybe add vday cow if you can..he is one of my best sources for rat tails

Lol it's so true. Pink animals are like mouse traps. :)

evangelina812
06-23-13, 06:15 AM
600!!!!!! I'm struggling to get 10 to change my name! I wish i were you!!!!!!

Yeah, I just won the Father's Day Contest and got a bunch of gems. I'm sure you'll get more gems eventually!

evangelina812
06-23-13, 06:17 AM

I really? I never would have thought! thanks, I've been struggling to get rat tails!

evangelina812
06-23-13, 06:20 AM
First purchases should be 2 wizard schools. Getting the extra energy several times a day makes a huge difference. After that, the fruit trees are a good option, especially if you have some quests related to them.

I think 1 Wizard school will be enough, but thanks! If I were to get two AND the three fruit trees, I'd only have 10 gems left.

bobbert29
06-23-13, 08:41 AM
Gems are meant to be spent and the two schools and three fruit trees are an excellent investment.

MiniLaura
06-23-13, 08:44 AM
I also like the black sheep as a gem purchase. It always drops prime cuts, which allows you to get random stuff from the Feed the Baron recipe.
But do that after the wizard schools and fruit trees!

vednir
06-23-13, 08:45 AM
Never save gems for later. Once you have enough gems for something buy it immediately due to their business model of forcing you to accidentally lose gems throughout every game.

I'd suggest 1-2 wizard schools, one of each of the fruit trees and then an additional glimmerdust trove if you still have spare gems left.

sukyee
06-23-13, 05:45 PM
I'll go for 2 wizard school... The animals and fruit trees can drop from adventure, though very rare...

catcrack
06-23-13, 06:35 PM
2 wizard schools (make sure to update both to the highest level), then trees.

angela3737
06-25-13, 08:02 PM

Yes :o Exactly right ..this is one " TL trap " I welcome :) rat tails anyone ?

arale_norimaki
06-26-13, 12:29 AM
+1 on the two schools first.

As for trees and animals, they drop from adventures so you'd eventually end up having many of them. I say, after wizard school, choose the tree or animal that gives you what you need now. At the time I bought an apple tree and a black sheep because they would help me get through some goals I was stuck with. Now I have got five other apple trees and one more black sheep from adventures, yet I don't regret my nvestment because the two I bought with gems were really helpful for me then.

nickerrs
06-27-13, 09:37 AM
I don't typically use my gems unless I get caught in a gem trap. Here are items I have purchased with gems:

1. Orange tree (1) - I'm considering an apple and lemon tree so I can finish the food quest with lemonade and apple pies.
2. Wizard School (1) - I have 40 energy, so I didn't feel a need to buy the second one since I only utilize the wizard school as much for energy.

That's it! Like I said before, I'm considering buying the apple and lemon trees as well as a sheep (just to have one of each animal besides the elusive Alicorn). I haven't been able to justify purchasing the Royal Manor as I have enough royal points to get me through all present goals. I was considering buying the valentine's animals but I just received a cupid pig from an adventure, so I'm holding off for a little bit.

Anaboe
10-06-14, 06:55 PM
I have a lot of gems, and a lot of gem-animals and buildings.

I don't have:
Royal ManorKingdom Inn (what is it good for?)
Fish Market (almost always maxed out on fish)
Reindeer Stable (what is it good for?)
Glimmerbat Habitat (drops fruit, which I'm almost always maxed out on)
Mithril Dragon (got almost 50 Mithril already, and don't see a use for it)
Mermaid Pond (got 7 ponds/wells/swamps, and that provides of a steady income of both fish and mermaid scales)
Alicorn (don't feel like the 40 energy in 7 days is worth the 600 gems)
Magic Fruit Tree (always maxed out on magic fruit)

So, what could be best for me to buy? I realy don't know anymore...

zenobia42
10-06-14, 07:18 PM
Of the items on your list, I have 5 so I'll rank them in terms of how useful they are to me. I am level 42 and just got to Sister, Sister / A Little Persuasion, and also just finished getting the Blythewood Sapling to a level 5 Goddess Tree if it helps to know where you are in relation to me:

mithril dragon - second only to my wizard schools in terms of how happy I am I bought. If you don't have a ton of dragon scales, and have not yet needed to craft mythic essences, and adamant alchemy, this dragon will be your best friend. Also, he looks really cool and can keep your pain jane dragon company.
mermaid pond - for 2 reasons: a0 IMO, one of the most beautiful things you can get in this game and for me that counts for something and b) sometimes I tap a dozen ponds/wells and only get like 1 scale for all that energy. The mermaid pond only gives them out every 5 hours, but you are guaranteed to get 2-4 (4!) plus 2-4 water every tap, for 1 energy. I like. FYI, the mermaid pond does not produce any sort of fish. I guess the mermaids eat them all. :p
fish market - there is a BIG drop-off between the first 2 and this IMO. Mine is in storage more often than it is out.
royal manor - only useful if you are chronically low on cash, or on royal points for expansion. It's GREAT for those 2 things, but nothing else... especially considering it's 4x4.
magic fruit tree - I really like the look of mine, but no longer collect from it.
alicorn - SO not worth the gems IMO. It only gives you 40 energy once a WEEK. AND, due to it taking a week to refill, it is by far the worst gem trap in the game. It can (and I am proof that it does steal over 400 gems from you in a heartbeat. I would only recommend it if you can afford one for each day of the week, and have expanded enough that you can leave a BUNCH of tiles space between them and anything else, to prevent gem trap loss.

brenstal
10-06-14, 08:37 PM
The Reindeer Stable gives sugar and ice cream. It would be good for supplementing the kitchen a little, but probably isn't that helpful. I was here last Christmas, but I didn't complete the Reindeer Stable. I really wish I had, because it looks really cool and drops good stuff. I have the Kingdom Inn, and it drops an earth wisp almost every time I collect from it. It was super handy when I was needing a lot of wisps to make wisp lanterns and expand. I agree that the Glimmerbat Habitat isn't super useful if you have other sources of fruit. I'll let someone else comment on what you actually should buy.

wahabmushtaq
10-06-14, 08:45 PM
Hi brenstel

wahabmushtaq
10-06-14, 09:28 PM
Somebody help me I need nozzle and blue motor
My Strom I'd is wahabmushtaq
Please give me

Thank full for this favour

jbfps116
10-06-14, 11:01 PM
I think the kingdom inn giving only ONE earht wisp every day is a little lame...
I have a fish market: I like it because it looks cool and it can help you save space by getting rid of some ponds if you need fish. this building is about as good as 2 or three ponds/wells fir fish I think.
I just got a reindeer stable. It looks super cute and its WAY better to spend 200 gems in a fully upgraded one than what you had to do back at Christmas!! I thought it would give fur as well that's why I got it but it hasn't so far :(
I also have the mermaid pond and magic fruit tree, very pretty as well, and contrary to zenobia42, I DID get a catfish from the mermaid pond as well... gross!! ;)
PONDS: if you have the mermaid pond and fish market, you can cut down on the regular ponds you have. I have only wells now cause they save space.
I think the mythril dragon would be helpful, though I don't have any dragons yet.

zenobia42
10-07-14, 03:56 PM
I also have the mermaid pond and magic fruit tree, very pretty as well, and contrary to zenobia42, I DID get a catfish from the mermaid pond as well... gross!! ;)
Ew! lol. Actually, that's a good point - I am always maxed on catfish and butterfish. So the mermaid pond could drop both and I'd never notice.

Now it's my turn for a question regarding gem purchases:
My cows are not getting enough fiber or something. I spend 12 energy to tend to my herd and sometimes only get 1 fertilizer from the whole group. Usually it's 1-3. It's rather frustrating when trying to grow a gazillion dark plants. I've been looking at the cows available for purchase. I do NOT feel like spending 120-240 gems for just 1-2 cows even though the black and royal cows have the best drop rate. So my question is this: is the fertilizer drop rate from white cows worth the 40 gems each cost? For "small chance" vs. "tiny chance"?

I do have 4 sheep as well. Their rare drop rate is "small" also but from my tiny flock I always get 1-2 fertilizer. It's gotten so that even though I am maxed on wool again (hm - maybe I should use that wool to buy a second windmill now that I think of it!)... I try the sheep if they're ready before I resort to my constipated cows.

Does anyone have a few white cows and can comment on their fertilizer drop rate? Thanks.

ETA: Okay, make that: sometimes I get ZERO fertilizers from my herd of 12 cows. Argh! What a huge waste of energy!!!

tweeps
10-07-14, 04:33 PM
My cows are not getting enough fiber or something. I spend 12 energy to tend to my herd and sometimes only get 1 fertilizer from the whole group. Usually it's 1-3. It's rather frustrating when trying to grow a gazillion dark plants. I've been looking at the cows available for purchase. I do NOT feel like spending 120-240 gems for just 1-2 cows even though the black and royal cows have the best drop rate. So my question is this: is the fertilizer drop rate from white cows worth the 40 gems each cost? For "small chance" vs. "tiny chance"?

I do have 4 sheep as well. Their rare drop rate is "small" also but from my tiny flock I always get 1-2 fertilizer. It's gotten so that even though I am maxed on wool again (hm - maybe I should use that wool to buy a second windmill now that I think of it!)... I try the sheep if they're ready before I resort to my constipated cows.

Does anyone have a few white cows and can comment on their fertilizer drop rate? Thanks.

ETA: Okay, make that: sometimes I get ZERO fertilizers from my herd of 12 cows. Argh! What a huge waste of energy!!!

I have two white cows. They drop fertiliser a little bit more often than regular cows but not that much more.
(Just got a bag from one now) I maybe get fertiliser once every 4-5 collects.
They are good for items like prime cuts.

I also have two royal cows. Got them from adventures ages ago (I've been playing nearly 2 years). I can't remember which one though.
They are more expensive at 240 gems. (I wouldn't personally buy one) but they drop fertiliser once every 2-3 collects.
(Might be less often but as I've two I know I get fertiliser regularly from them) .
Both white and royal cows take an hour to regenerate.
Hope this helps.

Anaboe
10-07-14, 04:38 PM
I like some diversity in my kingdom, so I have:
1 heart cow
1 white cow
1 royal cow
1 normal cow
1 cupid pig
1 albino pig
1 royal pig
1 love sheep
1 black sheep
1 pink chicken

Plus 3 Conservatory's. I'm never realy low on fertilizer, despite being on the Sister, Sister goal. But, to be honest, I don't try to rush it, it's a long term goal, so I will get there eventually :) PS. I never bought any animal with gems, I got them all from adventures or goals.

This blanced herd always gives me enough to do the trades 2-4 times a day, so I get Trading Tickets. But my whole kingdom is balanced: I rarely make more than I can use.

Don't know if white cows have a better drop rate, but I sure wouldn't spent any gems on it.

Anaboe
10-07-14, 04:42 PM
But, back to my own doubts: I'm never short on dragon scales (got 4 dragons, 3 from the pyre-goal, 1 normal). Still don't know what to do with my precious gems :)

zenobia42
10-07-14, 05:35 PM
But, back to my own doubts: I'm never short on dragon scales (got 4 dragons, 3 from the pyre-goal, 1 normal). Still don't know what to do with my precious gems :)

I'd say mermaid pond if you like its looks. When you are not wanting for anything in your kingdom, it makes sense to me to get things that make it more beautiful. :D

Anyuszko
10-08-14, 04:29 AM
Ew! lol. Actually, that's a good point - I am always maxed on catfish and butterfish. So the mermaid pond could drop both and I'd never notice.

Zenobia, as far as I know, the fertilizer drop rate for all cows and sheeps are the same. The "tiny chance" and "small chance" things are related to hides only.

However, you better build some more Conversatory. So far they have the best droprate for fertilizers (around 50% as I noticed) (and cooldown time is just 2 hrs). I have 12 of them now and regularly collecting them. Also, since I didnt finished the related fortune (dont know the name), I am still chopping old logs for glimmer shards, and meanwhile I get a lot of petals. This way, I already (5)ed (upgraded) 8 of my conversatories.

Anyuszko
10-08-14, 04:32 AM
I have a lot of gems, and a lot of gem-animals and buildings.

I don't have:
Royal ManorKingdom Inn (what is it good for?)
Fish Market (almost always maxed out on fish)
Reindeer Stable (what is it good for?)
Glimmerbat Habitat (drops fruit, which I'm almost always maxed out on)
Mithril Dragon (got almost 50 Mithril already, and don't see a use for it)
Mermaid Pond (got 7 ponds/wells/swamps, and that provides of a steady income of both fish and mermaid scales)
Alicorn (don't feel like the 40 energy in 7 days is worth the 600 gems)
Magic Fruit Tree (always maxed out on magic fruit)

So, what could be best for me to buy? I realy don't know anymore...

My advice is reindeer stable and harvest pergola (if you can buy). I have 2 of both, and collecting regularly, since they drop good kitchen items, which we all are always down. :)

zenobia42
10-08-14, 01:18 PM
Zenobia, as far as I know, the fertilizer drop rate for all cows and sheeps are the same. The "tiny chance" and "small chance" things are related to hides only.

However, you better build some more Conversatory. So far they have the best droprate for fertilizers (around 50% as I noticed) (and cooldown time is just 2 hrs). I have 12 of them now and regularly collecting them. Also, since I didnt finished the related fortune (dont know the name), I am still chopping old logs for glimmer shards, and meanwhile I get a lot of petals. This way, I already (5)ed (upgraded) 8 of my conversatories.

Ah - that is VERY good to know! If the fertilizer drop rate is the same for all cows, I will save my gems for something else. Or try to anyway. You never know when you you're going to lose a tons of them to a gem trap.

Seriously700
10-11-14, 10:15 AM
alicorn - SO not worth the gems IMO. It only gives you 40 energy once a WEEK. AND, due to it taking a week to refill, it is by far the worst gem trap in the game. It can (and I am proof that it does steal over 400 gems from you in a heartbeat. I would only recommend it if you can afford one for each day of the week, and have expanded enough that you can leave a BUNCH of tiles space between them and anything else, to prevent gem trap loss. [/list]

I have been saving gems to purchase my first white alicorn - I should have enough once I play some new TL games - but now I am reconsidering. I hadn't thought of it as a huge gem trap! I certainly don't need that aggravation. Maybe I'll go ahead and buy a reindeer stable instead and hopefully hold onto the rest of the gems long enough to give TL time to introduce a special mushroom trove that drops multiple mushrooms and occasional vital extract ;-)

Anaboe
10-11-14, 05:35 PM
Still haven't decided yet. Have enough to buy a Mithril Dragon, but I don't need Mithril or Dragon-scales, tho I was saving my gems for this dragon.

Now I have this "You're hot and you're cold" quest, that alows me to buy a Magic Fruit Tree (which I don't need either) to buy for just 100 gems, instead of 120 gems. Argh!!! So much to buy, so little gems! Choices, choices!

SpiritWind00
10-11-14, 06:35 PM
This is an interesting thread. For my 2 cents, If you're getting by, then don't spend your gems. Just be careful not to waste them and save them for something coming up. Sounds like you are wavering, so perhaps, don't buy anything! :)

ryusei745
10-14-14, 12:28 PM
Reindeer Stable does drop fur every now and then. frequently drops multiple sugar also, and rarely drops ice cream, when it does it usually drops a couple for me, which is incredibly useful for me and making sweet feasts. i usually stockpile other things while waiting for silver for the armor and platter needed for the adventure and by that time i generally have enough ice cream for the feast.

ive seriously been considering the living wood tree. just spent it all on the ornate beams to get my mine to lvl 5.

the mithril dragon is what im currently saving up for, have the pergola, stable, and two wizard schools. so not much else i really want. might get a second stable or pergola. pergola gives me feasts pretty frequently.

Anaboe
10-15-14, 01:47 PM
Mmm... I'm never short on silver, armor or swords, they drop from buildings regularly, and when I'm maxed on silver and/or gems, I make platters. I have 94 swords, 67 armors, and 17 plates. It's my kitchen that's having too little time...

ReinierMamaWouter
12-25-14, 01:13 AM
I have, very carefully, managed to save my gems and am thinking about buying something. Because I want it to be something usefull (not a decoration), I thinking about either the fortune Fortune Teller or the Barracks.
What do the more experienced players suggest?

Sandra

ciarjen
12-25-14, 01:52 AM
I have, very carefully, managed to save my gems and am thinking about buying something. Because I want it to be something usefull (not a decoration), I thinking about either the fortune Fortune Teller or the Barracks.
What do the more experienced players suggest?

Sandra

If you don't have 2 Wizard Schools, I would buy those as a priority.

I think the Fortune Teller is a waste of money, I never got anything from it that I needed.

The Barracks is good and you will be able to send out on 3.5 adventures per week, getting gems/energy back but you need to keep it in supply with Feasts to do so.

If you don't have a dragon, then a Mithril Dragon is a good buy,

ReinierMamaWouter
12-25-14, 03:57 AM
If you don't have 2 Wizard Schools, I would buy those as a priority.

I think the Fortune Teller is a waste of money, I never got anything from it that I needed.

The Barracks is good and you will be able to send out on 3.5 adventures per week, getting gems/energy back but you need to keep it in supply with Feasts to do so.

If you don't have a dragon, then a Mithril Dragon is a good buy,

Thanks for your response!

The Wizard Schools - do they just give you energy, or also 'things'? I seem to do okay for energy.
The Barracks - I have the new table that drops lots of food for Feasts, so that might be a good idea.
Mithril Dragon - I currently have 35 Mithril and no idea what I should do with it.....

Sandra

ciarjen
12-25-14, 04:01 AM
Thanks for your response!

The Wizard Schools - do they just give you energy, or also 'things'? I seem to do okay for energy.
The Barracks - I have the new table that drops lots of food for Feasts, so that might be a good idea.
Mithril Dragon - I currently have 35 Mithril and no idea what I should do with it.....

Sandra

When the Wizards schools are up levelled up, I think they give 10 energy every 4 hours or so. More energy means you can progress in the game quicker and build up your stocks of items in your inventory.

ReinierMamaWouter
12-25-14, 08:14 AM
When the Wizards schools are up levelled up, I think they give 10 energy every 4 hours or so. More energy means you can progress in the game quicker and build up your stocks of items in your inventory.

Okay. Thanks for your responses!

ryusei745
12-25-14, 08:34 AM
the wizard schools have been extremely helpful during the past energy sucking events that require a million and a half energy. they have been completely worth the each gem i spent on them

mrglymph
12-25-14, 04:47 PM
I think my best investments were the mermaid pond and the wizard school. I got the wizard school first and wished I had gotten the mermaid pond. You can spend so much energy on wells and ponds just to get one mermaid scale. I've been trying to figure out what to buy next. I think I will go for my second school

12-25-14, 05:11 PM
Thanks for posting this thread, I had the same question! Very helpful info!

lbakecakesl
12-25-14, 05:20 PM
I suggest getting the fruit trees. A lot of goals/recipes need them, and Sir Pigglesworth doesn't give enough.

dalexxx
12-25-14, 10:43 PM
Got the reindeer stable and the other one cause its on sale ::3

ReinierMamaWouter
12-26-14, 12:32 AM
I don't want the reindeer stable because that's really only for one short period of the year (or am I missing something?). I was looking for something that was more usefull the whole year. I have 5 fruit trees already - one apple, 2 lemon and 2 orange. :-) I seem to regularly have enough mermaid scales as well; and I managed to do the last 2 limited time goals with time to spare and with enough energy.
Still dubious as to what I should buy.......

Queenzod
12-26-14, 01:08 AM
I don't want the reindeer stable because that's really only for one short period of the year (or am I missing something?). I was looking for something that was more usefull the whole year. I have 5 fruit trees already - one apple, 2 lemon and 2 orange. :-) I seem to regularly have enough mermaid scales as well; and I managed to do the last 2 limited time goals with time to spare and with enough energy.
Still dubious as to what I should buy.......

The reindeer stable gives ice cream, sugar and fur, so it's very helpful all year long.

88silver
12-26-14, 11:00 AM
I'm level 23. I have about 200 gems to spend. I have an orange tree, but no apple or lemon trees. I can't go on the dark cave adventures because I have absolutely no rat tails and rarely see any skunkupines. The only gem items I have are a pink pig and the orange tree, both from adventures. I did finally get Sir Pigglesworth thanks to the only good drop I've received from the pile of gifts so far. Some of the items I'm debating:
Apple Tree
Lemon Tree
Maple Tree
Red Trillium
Sheep
Skunkhouse
Wizard School

I don't have any of those yet. The Wizard School would wipe out my gems. What would be the best ones to get? The Wizard School is appealing, but I wonder the value when I'm still have resource issues at a lower level (no lemons, rarely have rat tails, very little wool or prime cut, few apples from the pig, low on sap every time I need to build or upgrade, etc).

Part of me wants to wait and see if I get any of those items from the pile of gifts (apple tree, maple tree, trillium, sheep). But part of me is afraid of losing all my gems to a gem trap and wants to buy now rather than wait the 10ish days to see what else I get from the gifts.

anne202b
12-26-14, 11:04 AM
I started a thread last week with the same question & the responses were the Wizard School. Guess what I bought? :)

I'm glad I spent the gems on it. Good luck with your decision. :)

meme1098
12-26-14, 12:17 PM
I'm level 23. I have about 200 gems to spend. I have an orange tree, but no apple or lemon trees. I can't go on the dark cave adventures because I have absolutely no rat tails and rarely see any skunkupines.The only gem items I have are a pink pig and the orange tree, both from adventures. I did finally get Sir Pigglesworth thanks to the only good drop I've received from the pile of gifts so far. Some of the items I'm debating:
Apple Tree
Lemon Tree
Maple Tree
Red Trillium
Sheep
Skunkhouse
Wizard School

I don't have any of those yet. The Wizard School would wipe out my gems. What would be the best ones to get? The Wizard School is appealing, but I wonder the value when I'm still have resource issues at a lower level (no lemons, rarely have rat tails, very little wool or prime cut, few apples from the pig, low on sap every time I need to build or upgrade, etc).

Part of me wants to wait and see if I get any of those items from the pile of gifts (apple tree, maple tree, trillium, sheep). But part of me is afraid of losing all my gems to a gem trap and wants to buy now rather than wait the 10ish days to see what else I get from the gifts.

Spawn skunkupines by harvesting wheat & sugar, watering flowers, and chopping trees.

Wizard school gives energy and that energy increases as its upgraded. You should be working towards 2 of those.

88silver
12-26-14, 12:31 PM
I plant so much wheat and sugar that my kitchens can't keep up, but I only get about one skunkupine every other day.

meme1098
12-26-14, 12:56 PM
Haha...I can't tap more than 2 or 3 times when I'm harvesting sugar or wheat and the darn things pop up. Can we trade???

jbfps116
01-07-15, 11:41 PM
if you are low on rat tails and fur the Skunkupine house is a boon. I've got drops like 4 fur and 3 tails at a time etc

orleansparish
01-07-15, 11:59 PM
if you are low on rat tails and fur the Skunkupine house is a boon. I've got drops like 4 fur and 3 tails at a time etc

I'm happy I read this. During goals and when using the trade building Im always low on fur. I have four manticores now that helps a lot but I can't stop myself from doing those particular trades. I had over 200 gems saved but used some due to impatience with the last xmas goals. I now have 259 gems and am wondering what to buy. I was contemplating a second wizard school. But should another goal come the skunkpines home may be worthy.

Is it Upgradable?

tigarlilyvol
01-08-15, 05:39 AM
You can't upgrade it. My choice would be 2nd wizard school first since energy is always in short supply, but I'm level 50 and not using the supplies the Skunkupine house drops very often. It depends on your needs at this time.

nikkimommy2014
01-08-15, 07:05 AM
I liked the fortune teller tent (at least once your a certain level in the game). It's the ONLY way I got through the dreaded sister sister

orleansparish
01-08-15, 01:17 PM
I liked the fortune teller tent (at least once your a certain level in the game). It's the ONLY way I got through the dreaded sister sister

How did it help you finish sister, sister? Does it gives out inscriptions? I don't know much about it other than it was expensive when it came out and gave random gifts at times, if Im not mistaken. Perhaps I should go read that thread to see more. I was also thinking about getting the barraks to do more adventures.

Chaotarch
01-08-15, 01:27 PM
How did it help you finish sister, sister? Does it gives out inscriptions? I don't know much about it other than it was expensive when it came out and gave random gifts at times, if Im not mistaken. Perhaps I should go read that thread to see more. I was also thinking about getting the barraks to do more adventures.

there is a fortune named: the glimmer rock fortune
you have to chop old logs. every chop you got a shard or fragment. do only two chops and than sell the old log with one chop left. do this as long as you would...

nikkimommy2014
01-08-15, 01:38 PM
Chaotarch is correct. Once you get that particular fortune you just have to be careful never to chop a log 3 times and you can keep a good supply of glimmer shards and glimmer fragments. I still have that fortune (had it for months now) while I restock after sending my last inscription.

LiquidSnob
01-09-15, 12:04 PM
I would definitely go with the Wizard School(s), if you haven't made your purchase already. By far the best investment I made a few months ago with my gem supply. Leveled it up to 5 and then continued to get Spellbooks. Once I got up to 99 Spellbooks I bought a second Wizard School. 20 extra energy (from both schools) every 4 hours is invaluable.

orleansparish
01-09-15, 01:05 PM
I would definitely go with the Wizard School(s), if you haven't made your purchase already. By far the best investment I made a few months ago with my gem supply. Leveled it up to 5 and then continued to get Spellbooks. Once I got up to 99 Spellbooks I bought a second Wizard School. 20 extra energy (from both schools) every 4 hours is invaluable.

I agree. The wizard school is the first thing I tap on before I go about my kingdom tending business. Id like a second one, but since I have four alicorns and four of the pink ones I'll add that to 2nd on my list. First is a barracks.

orleansparish
01-09-15, 01:07 PM
there is a fortune named: the glimmer rock fortune
you have to chop old logs. every chop you got a shard or fragment. do only two chops and than sell the old log with one chop left. do this as long as you would...

Thanks for the info, folks! I got the tent and collected once. It'll take a while to get to that particular fortune but it still seems like something new and fun to do while I send trades to expand my kingdom and make food for adventures. It'll keep me occupied while I collect gems for the next thing on my list.

jbfps116
01-10-15, 06:02 PM
I bought the fortune teller and since got all the way up to almost the glimmer rock fortune then I sucked my tent up cause I am maxed on glimmer shards and bits. Does anyone know how good I'll do with having 70+ dark seeds from Fellora plants plus some other plants it drops in this sister sister mission ?!

SpiritWind00
01-10-15, 08:49 PM
I bought the fortune teller and since got all the way up to almost the glimmer rock fortune then I sucked my tent up cause I am maxed on glimmer shards and bits. Does anyone know how good I'll do with having 70+ dark seeds from Fellora plants plus some other plants it drops in this sister sister mission ?!

You'll need way more dark seeds than 70 if you haven't even started SS.

I hope I understand what you're asking... But what drops from growing seeds is random. Like a lot of players, you'll probably end up with more of one plant and less of one you need. If I were you (and this is what I personally did), I stayed on the glimmer rock fortune until I'd finished sister sister. I got the fortune when I was at about 6 inscriptions. Then you really only have to get your fertiliser.

You can put your tent in storage. Just don't chop the log 3 times! Chop 2 then sell it.

ciarjen
01-11-15, 02:20 AM

Just keep growing as many Fellora plants as you can, even if you max out on them. They drop the plants that you need to get the inscriptions.

kellbell710
01-17-15, 01:16 PM
I really need some advice on what to purchase with gems. I now have 2 wizard schools - thanks for the advice on getting those. They have been super helpful :). I also have a mermaid pond and the barracks. I'm at level 27. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Anaboe
01-21-15, 07:05 PM
Bit difficult, personally, I benefietwedstrijd greatly form things like Trilium, Male Tree, Living Tree, those things. But that depends if you're often short on those materials. Fruit-trees and gem-animals all came from adventures for me, as did 4 glimmerdust troves.

Later on I bought a Reindeer Stables and a Harvest Pergola, they drop food items regularly. If you do have a dragon egg, but nomdragon or burning ember, you could try buy a burning ember for 80 gems.

Still don't have the Mermaid pond, but I'm never short on scales, so I don't need it either.

Hope I could help a little!

kellbell710
01-21-15, 10:29 PM
Bit difficult, personally, I benefietwedstrijd greatly form things like Trilium, Male Tree, Living Tree, those things. But that depends if you're often short on those materials. Fruit-trees and gem-animals all came from adventures for me, as did 4 glimmerdust troves.

Later on I bought a Reindeer Stables and a Harvest Pergola, they drop food items regularly. If you do have a dragon egg, but nomdragon or burning ember, you could try buy a burning ember for 80 gems.

Still don't have the Mermaid pond, but I'm never short on scales, so I don't need it either.

Hope I could help a little!

Thank you! This helps a lot :)

haimesy1980
01-29-15, 01:32 PM
Still haven't decided yet. Have enough to buy a Mithril Dragon, but I don't need Mithril or Dragon-scales, tho I was saving my gems for this dragon.

Now I have this "You're hot and you're cold" quest, that alows me to buy a Magic Fruit Tree (which I don't need either) to buy for just 100 gems, instead of 120 gems. Argh!!! So much to buy, so little gems! Choices, choices!

I have no idea why the wizard school isn't mentioned here, its the one and only item i bought with gems that Im happy with, you get a max of two, I'm on level 2 each collection gives 8 energy's, first level gave 7. And you collect every 4hrs unlike the aileron which are so expensive for only weekly rewards??? I see someone using the term gem trap, what is that and how do i stop it?

burritosprings
01-29-15, 02:24 PM
Wizard schools 2 each. Even at level 1 they are a tremendous resource. Once upgraded then on to second choice

shambalaya
01-29-15, 06:04 PM
I'm saving my presently 485 gems for future items... I never use them to speed up, lol, I'm much more patient in this game than in real life!

I can't really see what I would need to buy now? Mithril dragon? Fairie skunkhouse? Don't need them...
Here's my list of gem items, all of them from earned gems and adventures/drops/quests:

2 wizard schools
1 extra bakery
1 extra harvest pergola
1 mermaid pond
1 fish market
11 glimmerdust troves

1 living tree
2 red trillium
3 multi colored hedges
8 maple trees
9 orange trees
11 apple trees
12 lemon tree

11 pink pigs
4 albino pigs
5 royal pigs
6 white cows
7 black cows
2 royal cows
2 pink cows
3 white sheep
3 black sheep
3 pink sheep
2 pink alicorns
13 white alicorns
5 dragons
10 manticores

And Greseldas fountain, the barracks, the fortune teller tent and a Jack o' Lantern.

flemlion
02-08-15, 03:47 AM
If you're in the beginning of the story then I'd say:
- red trillium
Those red petals are hard to come by, so one of these really helps
- Apple, orange, lemon tree
You might get one from an adventure, if not you'll have to buy, there's no way around these
- If you didn't get Sir PigglesWorth yet, then a pig to help with those truffles, as high as your gem stock allows (pink already helps though)

Anaboe
02-08-15, 06:05 AM
Imo the multi-collo?de hedge is better than the red trillium, but I guess that's just personal likings :)

larah1982
02-09-15, 11:21 PM
I m considering buying a living tree..any idea how frequently does it drop living wood? I need it for upgrading my faerie respite ( I ve just used my stock for tge troll castle) and needs ornate materials for greselda s goals. Would it be a good purchase?

queentina3
02-09-15, 11:27 PM
I m considering buying a living tree..any idea how frequently does it drop living wood? I need it for upgrading my faerie respite ( I ve just used my stock for tge troll castle) and needs ornate materials for greselda s goals. Would it be a good purchase?

Yes as it has helped me out trying to get through the goals where I need the Living Wood either to give or to make other items. I've even had to pull out almost all my white flowers to make additional Living Wood in the Potion Shop as my mill and trees just aren't giving me enough. For each collection at the Living Tree I usually get two or three, and any little bit helps right now.

shambalaya
02-10-15, 03:12 AM

You can collect every 4 hours, for me it's usually one or two living wood per collection

readysetgo888
02-15-15, 03:48 PM
Hi all! I would love some help deciding what to buy!
I'm level 21... doing Thurston/Troll king quest and Magic Garden (need magic fruit currently).
I have one of each fruit tree, Sir Pig, one pink pig, one white cow, one white sheep, one maple tree, one red flower plant, one wizard school.

I'm disappointed that I haven't received better gem items from the adventures... so far, the only one I've received was the white cow. I thought I might get them a little more frequently, but I guess not. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be most useful?
I'm considering:
Faerie Skunkhouse (seems like I am always short on rat tails... I know there is a quest to earn this later on, but I read that people eventually run out of usefulness for the rat tails. I currently wish I had a lot more, though).
Mermaid Pond (I feel like I get enough mermaid scales from fishing, though)
Another orange/lemon tree... or the glimmerbat habitat?
Magic fruit tree (I don't know what else the magic fruit is used for aside from the goal I'm currently on, but I've seen posts that say they need it)
Another gem animal... either cheap sheep or cheap cow (I really wish I had more prime cuts, I feel like they take forever to get, whereas I have tons of truffles from Sir Pig)
Another wizard school (isn't my first choice, but I've seen a lot of people really recommend having two and I guess it makes sense because it will always be useful)
Something else? I don't want to spend a ton, though - the 160 gem items are probably my max at the moment, unless it would be better to wait a while and save for something more expensive.

Any thoughts appreciated! :) Also do I really just need to be more patient with the adventures? I know a lot of these items can be gotten through the adventures.

queentina3
02-15-15, 03:55 PM
Magic Fruit can be used in the Royal Exchange with Glimmerbulbs and Strawberries for extra energy, plus you get a trade ticket towards expansions. I have the tree and love it and I never max on Magic Fruit.

If you need more prime cuts then get some sheep as they drop prime cuts as well as wool.

I honestly get by with one wizard school fully maxxed so if you really don't want more than one, don't get an additional.

You may get enough mermaid scales now, but you'll want more later. I'm always running out of those as you need them for essence (blue and yellow) as well as for many other things, including goals. If I could pick it would be for the mermaid pond, but I can't afford it right now. My next gem purchase will probably be for that though.

jinka7
02-16-15, 12:55 AM
I'm wondering if I should buy a lemon and apple tree instead of a second wizard school. I'm level 30 and I'm on one of the early Griselda goals, and I've gotten 3 orange trees from adventures, but no other trees. Five out of my eleven goals need lemonade and/or apple pie, and the almost five day wait to get enough magic fruit for the fruit exchange is ****ing me (and it usually doesn't give me apples anyway).

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-15, 03:34 AM
In order, orange, lemon and apple trees were my second, third and fourth gem purchase, you must have the patience of a saint. I don't think I would have handled getting to Greseldas line and not having them. By that time I'd won another of each in adventures but then I do adventure every day. Definitely get the trees, you'll need more cobblers, pies and lemonade in further quests.

Addition: when I did the fruit trade I only got 2 lemons and 2 strawberries anyway.

roguebee
02-16-15, 05:58 AM
I'm wondering if I should buy a lemon and apple tree instead of a second wizard school. I'm level 30 and I'm on one of the early Griselda goals, and I've gotten 3 orange trees from adventures, but no other trees. Five out of my eleven goals need lemonade and/or apple pie, and the almost five day wait to get enough magic fruit for the fruit exchange is ****ing me (and it usually doesn't give me apples anyway).

Right now, short term, with where you are in the game, I'd rank the trees over the 2nd wizard school. With the understanding that they are an aid to move you through this phase of the game for you. And they are nice to have as you progress. I collect from them regularly and about once a week, trade my pies for a gem. (You could argue that there is even a return on investment and eventual payback.)

jinka7
02-16-15, 03:14 PM
Thanks, PurpleScorpion76 and roguebee. I bought them and they're growing now. ^.^

88silver
02-18-15, 09:53 AM
So if I have 2 Wizard Schools what should I spend gems on? I have about 200 gems, and I'm afraid of losing them in a gem trap, so I don't want to wait to save up for much more than that. I was thinking a Harvest Pergola, but if the Fortune Teller Tent is worth it, I could maybe wait until 250 to spend.

queentina3
02-18-15, 05:50 PM
So if I have 2 Wizard Schools what should I spend gems on? I have about 200 gems, and I'm afraid of losing them in a gem trap, so I don't want to wait to save up for much more than that. I was thinking a Harvest Pergola, but if the Fortune Teller Tent is worth it, I could maybe wait until 250 to spend.

You may want to wait and get the Fortune Tellers as there are quests that come along with it, some that are very useful if you keep ahead and monitor the Fortune Teller thread in a sticky post above. You can get an unlimited supply of certain items if you play your cards right. :)

ryusei745
02-18-15, 10:41 PM
Mithril dragon would be extremely helpful if you do not have any other dragons yet. As I was one of those rather successful with the pyre event a summer ago I have four dragons and have enough mithril that I don't need the mithril dragon for any reason other than I like its face and think my other dragons need another guard for the night shift on my treasure piles.

Reindeer stable can be good if you don't have the bountiful table, the fact that it drops ice cream pretty frequently for me really helped when I was crafting sweet feasts like crazy. By the time I had everything else for one crafted (including the armor for the adventure) I would have collected enough Ice cream for the feast itself. And the sugar and fur drops are nice too.

I have mixed feeling for the mermaid pond. I bought it because I needed the scales for something or the other and have since been maxed on them. Never collect from it now.

If nothing else I would buy up a bunch of fruit trees and start crafting gems as fast as I could. Kinda like I am now lol.

SpiritWind00
02-27-15, 08:11 PM

I found another long thread about what to buy with gems, so I've merged them.....

this thread is linked through The Hub.

CuteTali
03-02-15, 03:44 PM
Okay, I've been hitting up too many gem traps lately and I want to use my gems to buy something useful before I hit another. I have a little over 100 gems. I want to buy something up to the amount I have, or possibly 50-100 more. I am not trying for huge things like alicorns, because I can't keep from hitting gems traps for that long. I have mostly similar items on both accounts, with slight variations.

Here are all the gem items I've got so far:

Wizard school 2, 2
Fish Market 1, 2
Faerie Skunkhouse 1, 2
Glimmerdust Trove 1, 2
Apple Tree 1, 1
Lemon Tree 1, 2
Orange Tree 0, 2
Red Trillium 1, 1

All al these items that I have now are extremely helpful to me, even the little plant. I am wondering which item(s) are going to be useful down the road, because I'm not sure what you need later on to complete the storyline.

I'm thinking maybe for the account that only has 1 each of the Fish Market And Faerie Skunkhouse, maybe buy a second one of both items eventually, to have the same amount as my other account and maybe an Orange Tree. I always use those furs and tails for trades and the fish for cooking.

For my older account that has 2 of the listed items above, I wonder if these items are useful:

Buildings: Kingdom Inn, Harvest Pargola, Reindeer Stable, Glimmerbat Habitat, Fortune Teller.

Plants and Animals: Living Tree, Mermaid Pond, Magic Fruit Tree, Faerie Flowerbed, Multi-Color Hedge, Maple Tree.

Decorations: Faerie Harp, Butterfly Faerie Flower, Hydrangea Garden, Snowman, Carriage.

I know it says decorations, but the Rustic Well is supposed to be just decorative and yet it drops water and fish. I am wondering if any of these decorations above drop anything and if so, what do they drop?

I appreciate any input, thanks!

88silver
03-02-15, 05:45 PM
I just got a multi-color hedge as a drop from an adventure. It drops various petals every 4 hours and takes up two squares. It's more efficient, energy wise, than the flowers patches since you get multiple petals each time. But then you don't get to choose which petal you get. So although I'll leave it out and collect from it, I'm still leaving out my flowers in case I need more of a specific color.

I have a maple tree, but it doesn't seem too useful for replenishing sap, since it has a long refresh time. It's very pretty, though.

I, personally, would get an orange tree for the account that doesn't have one. The christmas bakery, or whatever it's called, was a timed event that required fruit.

I wound up getting the fortune teller tent partially because I like the little short easy goals it gives. They're a nice break from the long term goals I have sitting in my goal book right now. I'm giving up hope on ever getting a 5th feral magic for the "Kaz's change of heart" goal. I haven't gotten that drop in over a month.

Korlcek
03-09-15, 05:21 AM
What does the small wooden crate mean next to some gem items in market?

shambalaya
03-09-15, 06:34 AM
What does the small wooden crate mean next to some gem items in market?

It means you can craft them, although some items are only craftable as part of a questline, The evil Queen statue and carriage for example... and of course the white alicorn can only be crafted if you have a love shack (from Valentine 2013 questline)

PurpleScorpion76
03-09-15, 08:31 AM
Buildings: Kingdom Inn, Harvest Pargola, Reindeer Stable, Glimmerbat Habitat, Fortune Teller.

Plants and Animals: Living Tree, Mermaid Pond, Magic Fruit Tree, Faerie Flowerbed, Multi-Color Hedge, Maple Tree.

Decorations: Faerie Harp, Butterfly Faerie Flower, Hydrangea Garden, Snowman, Carriage.

I appreciate any input, thanks!

This doesn't drop anything so I wouldn't necessarily bother with it:

Carriage.

Goal item you'll get anyway: Faerie Harp, Faerie Flowerbed, Butterfly Flower (I think).

Goal item if you pay with gems in a limited time:

Magic Fruit Tree

Items that can drop from adventures but I've found they'll drop after I got the first one with gems:

Orange Tree, Maple Tree.

I believe is Unavailable via any other means: Snowman.

The Mermaid Pond and Living Tree to me are essential 3 or 4 collections per day of 1-3 of the item are fabulous.

I got all buildings at Christmas except the Harvest Pergola. The other buildings all drop stuff, Stable - Sugar and ice cream. Kingdom Inn - Earth wisps. Glimmerbat - fruit but it also gives you the quest steps to build it. So that keeps you busy for a while. The fortune teller tent also gives regular quests. I think they released 3 or 4 sets of quests last year so well worth it. Especially if you haven't got to the Glimmergate, there's a quest which can give you unlimited supply of fragments and shards.

I've only given you info on the items I have knowledge of, hope this helps.

foodpill
03-09-15, 09:01 AM
.... Especially if you haven't got to the Glimmergate, there's a quest which can give you unlimited supply of fragments and shards.

Is that #23, 'The glimmer rock fortune'? I'm almost there. Is there a trick to it?

Sorry I'm off topic.

tigarlilyvol
03-09-15, 09:10 AM
Is that #23, 'The glimmer rock fortune'? I'm almost there. Is there a trick to it?

Sorry I'm off topic.

Check The Hub under 1 List of all fortunes, it will explain what not to do

PurpleScorpion76
03-09-15, 09:13 AM

Sorry I'm off topic.

Yes, you get 3 hits to chop down a log, sell it after the 2nd chop and buy another. The third chop completes that fortune, and it's gone. You get 1-4 shards and fragments.

On topic the flower I wasn't sure if you got in a goal has massive blue petals shaped a bit like a gramaphone. I don't know the name of it but you get it in a goal.

foodpill
03-09-15, 03:11 PM
Ooh i see... Clever! Thanks, purpleScorpion.

Sorry again for highjacking the thread.

CuteTali
03-09-15, 05:30 PM
It means you can craft them, although some items are only craftable as part of a questline, The evil Queen statue and carriage for example... and of course the white alicorn can only be crafted if you have a love shack (from Valentine 2013 questline)

Wow, thank you! I always thought that the wooden crate means you can store it.

CuteTali
03-09-15, 05:43 PM
On topic the flower I wasn't sure if you got in a goal has massive blue petals shaped a bit like a gramaphone. I don't know the name of it but you get it in a goal.

This doesn't drop anything so I wouldn't necessarily bother with it:

Carriage.

Goal item you'll get anyway: Faerie Harp, Faerie Flowerbed, Butterfly Flower (I think).

Goal item if you pay with gems in a limited time:

Magic Fruit Tree

Items that can drop from adventures but I've found they'll drop after I got the first one with gems:

Orange Tree, Maple Tree.

I believe is Unavailable via any other means: Snowman.

The Mermaid Pond and Living Tree to me are essential 3 or 4 collections per day of 1-3 of the item are fabulous.

I got all buildings at Christmas except the Harvest Pergola. The other buildings all drop stuff, Stable - Sugar and ice cream. Kingdom Inn - Earth wisps. Glimmerbat - fruit but it also gives you the quest steps to build it. So that keeps you busy for a while. The fortune teller tent also gives regular quests. I think they released 3 or 4 sets of quests last year so well worth it. Especially if you haven't got to the Glimmergate, there's a quest which can give you unlimited supply of fragments and shards.

I've only given you info on the items I have knowledge of, hope this helps.

This is neat, didn't know you could get those from quests, also didn't know maple tree was a possible drop. Was wondering why so many people have one of those despite all the bad rep I've read about the long collection time (still not sure how long).

Thanks for all the great info. They need to add an item that just drops sugar and flour with a short timer (like 2 hours), it's such a huge waste of time crafting these basic essential items almost non stop just to get enough of them to craft what you really need eventually. I always thought that if I got a Windmill then it might drop flour and sugar, but just found out that even though it does drop flour (but not sugar), it's pretty rare and it has a really long collection time.

I see a lot of people recommending the Living Tree. I am just now getting to where I even need these drops at all, so I might get that and probably the very much recommended Fortune Teller Tent.

I also see that the Harvest Pergola actually drops feasts that I can use for adventures! Now that's useful, I'm always low on those because it takes so long to craft, so I usually just try to craft simple feasts.

I went ahead and upgraded my Bountiful Table from Level 3 to 5 and got my first feast today! So fun! Fully finished products, instead of just crafting materials. I am still not sure how many gems it'll take to upgrade from level 1 to level 5 on my main account, since I didn't have resources to craft the items for it back when the goals were active.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. I spent all my gems and am very happy with my purchases. For my newer castle, I got an orange tree (from an adventure, so happy about that) and a second skunkupine house, because I always need those for earning trade tickets. For my older account, I spent my gems on getting the bountiful table to work and start producing drops. I am going to use all this advice to pick my next few choices when I get more gems.

Anaboe
03-10-15, 07:38 AM
Thanks for all the great info. They need to add an item that just drops sugar and flour with a short timer (like 2 hours), it's such a huge waste of time crafting these basic essential items almost non stop just to get enough of them to craft what you really need eventually. I always thought that if I got a Windmill then it might drop flour and sugar, but just found out that even though it does drop flour (but not sugar), it's pretty rare and it has a really long collection time.
I'm almost always maxed out on sugar and flour, bread, and only bake to prevent it from getting lost in void due to the cap. I can see it would be usefull for lower levels, but once you reach a certain level, you don't need it that much.
I have 2 windmills, the Reindeer Stables and Harvest Pergola

I see a lot of people recommending the Living Tree. I am just now getting to where I even need these drops at all, so I might get that and probably the very much recommended Fortune Teller Tent.
Fortune Tellers Tent is nice, but be sure not to get it too soon: you'll wanna have the (everlasting) Glimmer Rock Fortune when you're working on the Sister, Sister-goal. Just don't give that 3rd chop to the log, and you'll have infinity glimmer shards and glimmer parts.

I also see that the Harvest Pergola actually drops feasts that I can use for adventures! Now that's useful, I'm always low on those because it takes so long to craft, so I usually just try to craft simple feasts.
It's indeed a nice one, tho it doesn't drop feasts all the time, and the waiting time is long: 16 hours.

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 08:48 AM
Hi all! I would love some help from more experienced players!!

Ok, so, I have about 200 gems saved and I don't want to lose them to a gem trap. I'm ok waiting until a sale to buy 120 more to get something a little more expensive... that's probably the max I will spend though. Maaaaaybe I will work to save up to 400 gems total. 200-400 max is my price range.

I am looking specifically for items that would help in the Glimmergate questline and Faerie questlines. I just unlocked Sabina and built her house, about to expand to the Forgotten Roost. I am working on defeating the three king trolls in the Troll tribe questline. Also, working on the early stages of the Faerie questline. I will be building the Faerie Respite very soon.

I already have two Wizard Schools, all fruit trees, a maple tree, red trillium, and a magic fruit tree. I don't currently see any need for any of the animals (I do already have one sheep, plenty of pigs, and one white cow).

I'm considering maybe a second glimmerdust trove? I'm definitely short on glimmerdust at the moment, but I believe mushrooms are going to become super important soon? I'm always maxed on them currently but I've heard things about them becoming important... in which case I'd probably get enough glimmerdust from my red mushrooms that buying another trove would be a waste. Then again, it is only 40 gems.

I've always wanted the mermaid pond because it is so pretty, but to this point in the game, I've always been able to get the mermaid scales I need from my ponds and wells. I wouldn't say I ever have tons of mermaid scales but I do pretty well. I also have the aquifers shard from the tablet, so I get more mermaid scales than I otherwise would. I also appreciate the fish from this too, as I can do the meat delivery energy trade quite frequently to collect trade tickets, so it feels like it's ****ing two birds with one stone. But if mermaid scales will become super important, I would consider the pond.

Otherwise....? I know doing a lot of sweet feasts for the desert sands is important (I think because I'll be looking for something to craft the dragon, correct?) I don't know if there are any gem items that would help with this. Harvest pergola, reindeer stable, fortune teller tent?

Is there anything else I should be considering? A living wood tree? I've absolutely never been short of living wood in the game, but I have definitely seen players on goals further ahead than me claiming that they are quite short on it.

Any and all opinions appreciated! :)

(I bolded key points just in case what I wrote is too long to read, lol) :o

AnniePMH
03-29-15, 09:41 AM
Hi all! I would love some help from more experienced players!!

Ok, so, I have about 200 gems saved and I don't want to lose them to a gem trap. I'm ok waiting until a sale to buy 120 more to get something a little more expensive... that's probably the max I will spend though. Maaaaaybe I will work to save up to 400 gems total. 200-400 max is my price range.

I am looking specifically for items that would help in the Glimmergate questline and Faerie questlines. I just unlocked Sabina and built her house, about to expand to the Forgotten Roost. I am working on defeating the three king trolls in the Troll tribe questline. Also, working on the early stages of the Faerie questline. I will be building the Faerie Respite very soon.

I already have two Wizard Schools, all fruit trees, a maple tree, red trillium, and a magic fruit tree. I don't currently see any need for any of the animals (I do already have one sheep, plenty of pigs, and one white cow).

I'm considering maybe a second glimmerdust trove? I'm definitely short on glimmerdust at the moment, but I believe mushrooms are going to become super important soon? I'm always maxed on them currently but I've heard things about them becoming important... in which case I'd probably get enough glimmerdust from my red mushrooms that buying another trove would be a waste. Then again, it is only 40 gems.

I've always wanted the mermaid pond because it is so pretty, but to this point in the game, I've always been able to get the mermaid scales I need from my ponds and wells. I wouldn't say I ever have tons of mermaid scales but I do pretty well. I also have the aquifers shard from the tablet, so I get more mermaid scales than I otherwise would. I also appreciate the fish from this too, as I can do the meat delivery energy trade quite frequently to collect trade tickets, so it feels like it's ****ing two birds with one stone. But if mermaid scales will become super important, I would consider the pond.

Otherwise....? I know doing a lot of sweet feasts for the desert sands is important (I think because I'll be looking for something to craft the dragon, correct?) I don't know if there are any gem items that would help with this. Harvest pergola, reindeer stable, fortune teller tent?

Is there anything else I should be considering? A living wood tree? I've absolutely never been short of living wood in the game, but I have definitely seen players on goals further ahead than me claiming that they are quite short on it.

Any and all opinions appreciated! :)

Fortune Teller tent because of the 'log' fortune and the sticky fortune, among others, would be my vote and suggestion!:)

queentina3
03-29-15, 10:44 AM
readysetgo888, I completely agree 1000% with the fortune teller tent, especially for when you get to the goal, sister sister. There's a fortune you're not going to want to get rid of until you've finished that quest! It's called "Glimmer Rock Fortune" and uses the Old Log. You chop it two times, then sell it for 0, then buy it again, chop it two times, sell it.....rinse/repeat. This fortune gives you unlimited glimmer shards/fragments and you'll need as many as you can get when it comes to that goal. If you get the Fortune Teller tent now, you may make it up to that fortune by the time you get to sister, sister.

I personally have a Living Wood Tree and Mermaid Pond and they've helped keep me stocked up so I never run too low. There is a lot of essence and other things you'll have to make that will use up your supply of living wood and mermaid scales, both in the Faerie quest lines and even in the Blythewood/Goddess Tree quest line and your supply will diminish quickly. I'd also recommend a Faerie Flowerbed. You make one further along the Faerie chain (mad tea party) but I'm so glad I had one way before then, as the drops for faerie murmur got me fully stocked up and helped me get through the goals quicker than I had expected.

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you can afford a bit more, you may want to get a Mithril Dragon. I wish I could've gotten one as it would have helped immensely. There is a portion of the goals coming up for you that are going to ask an insane amount of Mithril (20 - 30 of them) and since it takes over 2 days to make in the Forge, plus the insane amount of silver.....Well the dragon would've come in handy. :)

Hopefully you have a few Manticore on hand as you'll need items from them as well. I hadn't had to tend to them in awhile when all of a sudden I realized how low I got on the items and now have to tend them again to keep up/bring my stock back up.

vednir
03-29-15, 12:13 PM

If you're talking about "end game" utility where you're always caught up to the point of just having that week's quests open I would rate your bolded items as follows:

1. Fortune teller tent: Advance to Glimmer Rock Fortune and proceed no further ever. There is not a single drop that you can get from the tent that outcompetes the near unlimited supply of glimmer shards and glimmer fragments that you can get from old logs. This is due to the severe bottleneck that you have in harvesting them from the Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle or Greselda's Garden. If TL ever chooses to fix this exploit you can simply proceed to complete the remaining fortunes. Also this is the only item that you've mentioned that TL releases new content (fortunes) for periodically.

2. Harvest pergola: If it's between a gem trap and this buy this. The drops are completely random and sometimes you'll get a cooked item (i.e. hearty stew) or even a feast but most of the time you'll get things like bacon or perhaps something slightly more expensive like sugar. It's not a high priority item and I don't rate it as highly any more, especially if you have 2 winter bakeries. But if you do not have the winter bakeries, remember that your kitchens will nearly always be the rate limiting step on any quests and anything that drops a few random items here and there will be useful.

3. Reindeer stable: Semi-useful, likely only costs you 1 energy per day and will drop enough ice cream that it'll keep you from having to cook it in your kitchen most of the time.

4. Mermaid pond: Slightly useful in that you can use it as a spare pond that guarantees mermaid scales but unless you're actively burning through your scales brewing Enchanter's Essences or Lumin Essences you'll usually be sitting at 99 scales.

5. Living wood tree: Useless, I bought 2 but unless you're trying to rush through something that burns through a lot of living wood you'll always have enough.

6. Glimmerdust trove: Useful but useless to spend gems on. You will acquire enough over time from adventure rewards you'll have enough.

If I were you I'd actually consider buying more sheep if you only have one.

orleansparish
03-29-15, 12:22 PM
I'm sitting on 420 gems..all collected from doing adventures in the castle and barraks. I've used some here and there with goals but am doing them patiently. I am about 7 papers away from finishing sister, sister. I'm still on the one where ivy needs to accept the inscription. I've done two now and nada. So who knows when Ill get to the old log fortune.

But I was thinking of using 200 gems to buy a horn to make my 6th Alicorn. I was also contemplating another wizard school or the magic fruit tree. Just because its so pretty. Then realized I get more than enough through collections and I never can make strawberries fast enough and glimmerbulbs for that trade that needs them.

So Im still saving and waiting for something decent to buy. Once a week I go through the list though to find something.

AnniePMH
03-29-15, 12:43 PM
I'm sitting on 420 gems..all collected from doing adventures in the castle and barraks. I've used some here and there with goals but am doing them patiently. I am about 7 papers away from finishing sister, sister. I'm still on the one where ivy needs to accept the inscription. I've done two now and nada. So who knows when Ill get to the old log fortune.

But I was thinking of using 200 gems to buy a horn to make my 6th Alicorn. I was also contemplating another wizard school or the magic fruit tree. Just because its so pretty. Then realized I get more than enough through collections and I never can make strawberries fast enough and glimmerbulbs for that trade that needs them.

So Im still saving and waiting for something decent to buy. Once a week I go through the list though to find something.

Easy. Second Wizard School!:) They're great!

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 04:46 PM
Thank you all so much for your help! I appreciate it :)

I'd also recommend a Faerie Flowerbed. You make one further along the Faerie chain (mad tea party) but I'm so glad I had one way before then, as the drops for faerie murmur got me fully stocked up and helped me get through the goals quicker than I had expected.

How much is it? I just hit level 29 so it's still locked for me until level 30 (I feel like I'm farther ahead than my neighbors of similar level, probably due to having the wizard schools and stalking the goals I will have coming up lol).

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you can afford a bit more, you may want to get a Mithril Dragon. I wish I could've gotten one as it would have helped immensely. There is a portion of the goals coming up for you that are going to ask an insane amount of Mithril (20 - 30 of them) and since it takes over 2 days to make in the Forge, plus the insane amount of silver.....Well the dragon would've come in handy. :)

He's so expensive. But, I don't even have the mithril shard yet. Will that make the 20-30 mithril goal pretty much impossible for me?

Hopefully you have a few Manticore on hand as you'll need items from them as well. I hadn't had to tend to them in awhile when all of a sudden I realized how low I got on the items and now have to tend them again to keep up/bring my stock back up.

I do not... where do they come from? Is there any way to get them without gems? I'm definitely not at the point where I need what he drops so I'm not sure how useful it would be.

While I'm asking about this, what does the dragon drop? The regular dragon. I know there is a questline to craft him that I'll be starting very soon (about to expand to forbidden roost). The market description doesn't say what he's good for.

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 04:51 PM
Thanks for breaking this down! It sounds like the fortune teller tent really is my best bet right now.

1. Fortune teller tent: Advance to Glimmer Rock Fortune and proceed no further ever. There is not a single drop that you can get from the tent that outcompetes the near unlimited supply of glimmer shards and glimmer fragments that you can get from old logs. This is due to the severe bottleneck that you have in harvesting them from the Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle or Greselda's Garden. If TL ever chooses to fix this exploit you can simply proceed to complete the remaining fortunes. Also this is the only item that you've mentioned that TL releases new content (fortunes) for periodically.

This is great advice. I guess it keep it permanently on this stage by never fully chopping up an old log?

How come? Lol I only ask because I'm always maxed on wool. I guess there is a goal coming up that needs a ton of it? I only bought this first sheep because I really wanted more prime cuts to clear the Baron goal for them and unlock the "feed the baron" thing. Which would be a billion times more useful if it didn't also require bacon....

queentina3
03-29-15, 05:03 PM
How much is it? I just hit level 29 so it's still locked for me until level 30 (I feel like I'm farther ahead than my neighbors of similar level, probably due to having the wizard schools and stalking the goals I will have coming up lol).

It is 80 gems. A flowerbed built by Faeries. Drops Petals, Seeds, and Faerie's Murmur (taken off of back of card for you). :)

He's so expensive. But, I don't even have the mithril shard yet. Will that make the 20-30 mithril goal pretty much impossible for me?

Not impossible just very, very lengthy as you'll be relegated to only getting it from your deep mines and I think an adventure may drop them every now and again. Check the HUB (up in the sticky threads) and see where else you can get it from. Maybe you'll get the Shard before you hit this part of the goals so it will make it a bit easier on you. To make it in the Forge it takes 50 Silver for 1 Mithril - 2 days wait time.

I do not... where do they come from? Is there any way to get them without gems? I'm definitely not at the point where I need what he drops so I'm not sure how useful it would be.

While I'm asking about this, what does the dragon drop? The regular dragon. I know there is a questline to craft him that I'll be starting very soon (about to expand to forbidden roost). The market description doesn't say what he's good for.

I got most of mine either from an Adventure or the Forgotten Roost. I have 5 and I know I didn't get any with gems. I had them before I took my hiatus from the game for a year so I honestly can't recall which of the two ways I got them - the Manticore's. The Manticore drops fur, mysterious venom, and his whiskers. I think there may be more than that, but that was the last things dropped to me from mine, so it is all I can recall off the top of my head. Check in the HUB and Dabag's goal guide and see if any of the goals coming up require those items and if there's another way for you to get them.

The regular dragon drops his own scales, which you'll need a ton of for the Mythic Essence. I think there's at least 15 to maybe 20 you'll have to create over the length of these goals coming up for you, Lady Greselda/Dark Garden line and the Faerie line, if I recall right. There may be others as well, but I just know of those two off the top of my head as I just went through them/going through them. :)

vednir
03-29-15, 05:05 PM
Thanks for breaking this down! It sounds like the fortune teller tent really is my best bet right now.

This is great advice. I guess it keep it permanently on this stage by never fully chopping up an old log?

How come? Lol I only ask because I'm always maxed on wool. I guess there is a goal coming up that needs a ton of it? I only bought this first sheep because I really wanted more prime cuts to clear the Baron goal for them and unlock the "feed the baron" thing. Which would be a billion times more useful if it didn't also require bacon....

That's correct regarding the old log. Realize there are actually two types of old logs. The ones you buy you can chop twice and sell for glimmer shards/fragments. The ones that are found when you expand into a square cannot be sold. Those should be parked in a dark corner of your kingdom where you will never accidentally tap on it.

Wool is only available from the stables and sheep. You can easily scale any of the other animal drops by buying more pigs, cows or chickens for gold but you can only buy sheep for gems. There are several quests that use up a lot of wool plus if you plan on building several windmills and upgrading them you'll burn through a lot of wool very quickly. Also wool is used in one of the royal exchange options (that one uses hides and fur as well) for fancy building supplies which is relatively easy to get both trade tickets as well as useful building materials.

Anaboe
03-29-15, 05:18 PM
If you're talking about "end game" utility where you're always caught up to the point of just having that week's quests open I would rate your bolded items as follows:

2. Harvest pergola: If it's between a gem trap and this buy this. The drops are completely random and sometimes you'll get a cooked item (i.e. hearty stew) or even a feast but most of the time you'll get things like bacon or perhaps something slightly more expensive like sugar. It's not a high priority item and I don't rate it as highly any more, especially if you have 2 winter bakeries. But if you do not have the winter bakeries, remember that your kitchens will nearly always be the rate limiting step on any quests and anything that drops a few random items here and there will be useful.

3. Reindeer stable: Semi-useful, likely only costs you 1 energy per day and will drop enough ice cream that it'll keep you from having to cook it in your kitchen most of the time.

4. Mermaid pond: Slightly useful in that you can use it as a spare pond that guarantees mermaid scales but unless you're actively burning through your scales brewing Enchanter's Essences or Lumin Essences you'll usually be sitting at 99 scales.

5. Living wood tree: Useless, I bought 2 but unless you're trying to rush through something that burns through a lot of living wood you'll always have enough.

6. Glimmerdust trove: Useful but useless to spend gems on. You will acquire enough over time from adventure rewards you'll have enough.

Lol, I realy liked your post, especially the part about the harvest pergola :)

I'm at end game, have completed all goals, exept some of the fortune tellers goals (am at sticky fortune now, and will stay there until I have 50+ magic cement). Have plenty gens, and really nothing to spent it on.

Mithril dragon: no need for anymore
Mermaid pond: no need for anymore
Magic fruit tree: no need for anymore.

I could get a second pergola or reindeer Stables, but that's it.

queentina3
03-29-15, 05:19 PM
You could also get lucky and get a sheep from and adventure drop. That is how I got my two black sheep. Most, if not all, of my gem animals either came from an adventure drop or if possible via the forgotten roost. I rarely, if ever, spent gems on an animal as I normally didn't have enough back then.

PernReloaded
03-29-15, 05:25 PM

Eh, I actually don't think sheep are as necessary. I'm also always maxed on wool, and I got several sheep, including a black sheep from - quests which was really nice.

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 05:26 PM
Yeah my adventures haven't given me a great variety of things... I've gotten two apple trees and two lemon trees (after buying the first ones with gems), 4 regular pigs (again after buying the first one with gems), and one white cow (the single big prize I've gotten that I didn't already have one of that I bought myself first).

I'm not sure if I'm not going on the right adventures or what. This is something else I've been curious about. Are the drops and prizes really better on the later adventures (anything but bandits and vault, which are the ones I normally do)? I'm wondering if it's really worth cooking the harder feasts. I just got desert sands unlocked. Feral lands isn't too difficult to cook for so I could do that one more often. Dark caves I dislike because of the rat tails and lumen essence.

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 06:39 PM
Also another question... I read the Forgotten Roost line again and apparently it gives you a guaranteed manticore when you unlock it (that's what it sounds like). I also read that the dragon is a rare drop from FR. It looks like a giant pain to get through - and this rare stuff freaks me out because it means I could go a very long time without getting it. And it sounds like the dragon is required for some glimmergate goals because they require mythic essence?

Sooooo... is the dragon a guaranteed thing that everyone gets before they need what it drops? Or is it worth it to consider buying with gems?

SpiritWind00
03-29-15, 06:41 PM
Dragon is a guaranteed drop too... when you get the goal, it will drop within a few (maybe more!) collections, but it will drop. :)

PernReloaded
03-29-15, 08:01 PM
Yeah my adventures haven't given me a great variety of things... I've gotten two apple trees and two lemon trees (after buying the first ones with gems), 4 regular pigs (again after buying the first one with gems), and one white cow (the single big prize I've gotten that I didn't already have one of that I bought myself first).

I'm not sure if I'm not going on the right adventures or what. This is something else I've been curious about. Are the drops and prizes really better on the later adventures (anything but bandits and vault, which are the ones I normally do)? I'm wondering if it's really worth cooking the harder feasts. I just got desert sands unlocked. Feral lands isn't too difficult to cook for so I could do that one more often. Dark caves I dislike because of the rat tails and lumen essence.

The drops are better for later/harder adventures, simply because of the elements and effort necessary to go on them in the first place. The bigger the investment, the bigger the reward. I know I saw a list somewhere about what drops on which adventures, but the difference in what dropped was obvious.

that list is in The Hub of course! (adventure guide, top section) ... :) SW

bethaneyl
03-31-15, 03:19 AM
I have a gem sale 😀 and am going to buy more gems ....I have 650 and plan to purchase more after I figure out what I'll need.
Current gem items
* 1 skunkpine house ( that's what it's called I think ..lol)
* 4 glimmer troves ( bought 2 got 2 from adventure )
* 1 of each apple, orange & lemon trees , 2 magic fruit trees , 1 maple tree , 1 red flower, 2 hedges (flower giving ones)
* 2 sheep , 2 pink pigs
* 2 wizard schools
* 1 mermaid pond
* 1 fish market
* 1 harvest pagoda
* 1 reindeer stable

Alicorns should I go ahead and get one or two ...I've seen nbrs with tons so they must b useful ? Right?
I'm confused about gem animals anticores & dragons ....will I get any I game should I go ahead and buy?
I'm maxed on truffles and could use more prime cuts so many some gem animals ?
Fortune teller ...I read I don't need to get to early is not sure when to buy this ...
The barracks .... I play a lot off and on through the day/night so I should be able to keep up with making food (I currently only have 3 adv open)

I'm only on level 25 (almost 26) ....I started right at the end of February this year ....I've played similar games before and I tend to be a bit of a hoarder I like having lots / max of inventory so it ****s me when domes items are so hard to get lol
Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

meme1098
03-31-15, 03:01 PM
The forgotten roost drops manticore eggs & dragon eggs on rare occasions. Have you not gotten either one yet?
Check your forge occasionally since I had a manti egg drop sometime over the last few days since I saw it there without realizing it had dropped. I wouldn't recommend buying either of those.
Maybe the fortune teller tent would give you mini-goals every few days and once you get sinister, sister you'll need that old log fortune. It really helps.

Anaboe
03-31-15, 03:10 PM
I have a gem sale  and am going to buy more gems ....I have 650 and plan to purchase more after I figure out what I'll need.
Current gem items
* 1 skunkpine house ( that's what it's called I think ..lol)
* 4 glimmer troves ( bought 2 got 2 from adventure )
* 1 of each apple, orange & lemon trees , 2 magic fruit trees , 1 maple tree , 1 red flower, 2 hedges (flower giving ones)
* 2 sheep , 2 pink pigs
* 2 wizard schools
* 1 mermaid pond
* 1 fish market
* 1 harvest pagoda
* 1 reindeer stable

Alicorns should I go ahead and get one or two ...I've seen nbrs with tons so they must b useful ? Right?
I'm confused about gem animals anticores & dragons ....will I get any I game should I go ahead and buy?
I'm maxed on truffles and could use more prime cuts so many some gem animals ?
Fortune teller ...I read I don't need to get to early is not sure when to buy this ...
The barracks .... I play a lot off and on through the day/night so I should be able to keep up with making food (I currently only have 3 adv open)

I'm only on level 25 (almost 26) ....I started right at the end of February this year ....I've played similar games before and I tend to be a bit of a hoarder I like having lots / max of inventory so it ****s me when domes items are so hard to get lol
Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

If you want to go through the goals quickly, you could buy a mythril dragon. You don't need much mythril, but it comes in very, very slowly and the same goes for the normal dragon, tho you will get one guaranteed, it can take ages for the adventure to drop the required material.

If you can keep up with the food-demand and make 2 feasts a day (besides the stuff you need for trading and regular goals), you could buy the Baracks. I seldom use it...

Personally I like how Allicorns look, but 40 energy per week isn't worth the 600 gems. Plus, it's a BIG, BIG gemtrap, you could easily loose over 400 gems at speeding it. The players that have lots of them, are usually old time players, that have the Love Shack, the special building from Valentines Event 2012. They can craft Alicorns.

anurulz
04-03-15, 05:49 AM
I bought the mithril dragon..just started the jousting arena goals..but i wanted the dragon..i think the dragon scales and mithril are worth it..

vulpesvulpes1
04-04-15, 10:46 PM
Should I be buying anything with gems? I'm level 37 and have 1272 gems and have only spent (on purpose, at least) gems on a couple of trees which were required for goals. I'm in the middle of a number of quest chains, including trolls/Kaz, faerie respite, alicorn, and beastiary/library.
And do items ever go on sale?

CharmOfLea
04-05-15, 01:10 AM
Should I be buying anything with gems? I'm level 37 and have 1272 gems and have only spent (on purpose, at least) gems on a couple of trees which were required for goals. I'm in the middle of a number of quest chains, including trolls/Kaz, faerie respite, alicorn, and beastiary/library.
And do items ever go on sale?

Items do go on sale occasionally.

If u haven't gotten them yet, 2 wizzard schools would help a lot, I'm glad I bought them. I've also never regretted the living wood tree (the demand increases at higher levels, besides the need for trades). The royal animals have the potential to save u energy (give multiples of a material at a collection). My mermaid pond is not in use at all, besides spreading its beauty (at higher levels water has to come in so much, ull max out on mermaid scales before long). Same is true for fish. U don't need the fortune teller tent, except for an extra thrill every now and then (however, there are tricks to massively capitalize on most of the fortunes). No necessity for the barracks as well, unless u have the bountiful table, which will feed those Knights automatically. A second dragon (normal) would absolutely come in handy at about where ur now, but if u rather be patient u could get by with the provided one (it's really not that bad). An additional faeiry flowerbed would help just as much thou (the faeiry respite stops working for quite a while at a point). The faeiry skunkupine house allows u to park a beast and still not run short on fur (better than a second manti). That's all I can speak of, hope it gives u some ideas.

PS Forgot to mention the harvest pergola. Aside of being my fav building (optics), it does not take any pressure off the kitchens.

vulpesvulpes1
04-05-15, 06:21 AM
I don't have a dragon or any of those other items--just a manticore.

queentina3
04-05-15, 06:34 AM
I don't have a dragon or any of those other items--just a manticore.

You're still working on the line that will give you a dragon from the Forgotten Roost, right? The goal for Bestiary/Library is "How Clean Is Your Library", right? As you continue that line you'll get one and even if you purchased one with gems right now, you wouldn't be able to hatch it until you finish this goal chain.

IMO, you'll want to get the fortune teller tent as you haven't hit "sister,sister" yet, and you'll want a particular fortune when you get to that line. If you got the tent fairly soon, you'll probably get to that fortune just about the time you'll hit that particular goal - it asks for an outrageous amount of plants that you'll need an outrageous amount of seeds, glimmer shards/fragments (that are very hard to come by) to make them. But, if you have the fortune teller tent with the fortune "Glimmer Rock", you'll find it less stressful.

I know others don't agree but personally I've found having the Living Wood tree very helpful, as it is something I'm usually low on. If you find yourself always in need of Living Wood, then you may want to consider purchasing this tree.

One more thing that I've found useful is the Magic Tree. I'm always doing the exchange of strawberries/glimmberbulb/magic fruit, so am constantly running out of them. This tree helps supplement what I get from the Magic Garden and can usually do at least 2 a week, sometimes if I'm lucky and I get more than one to drop from the Garden, I may be able to squeeze 3 in a week, but 2 is about my average.

8hat
04-05-15, 09:47 AM
I said I wouldn't do it because I didn't like those funny little round buildings...but I am going to buy a wizard school. Neighbors, get ready for some requests...I think.

vulpesvulpes1
04-05-15, 11:30 PM
Yes, I'm midway on Forgotten Roost and have a dragon egg in inventory. I'm stuck trying to get mystery potion and mithril on other quests. I've maxed-out on glimmerbulbs but can't use/exchange them for anything.

queentina3
04-06-15, 03:45 AM
Yes, I'm midway on Forgotten Roost and have a dragon egg in inventory. I'm stuck trying to get mystery potion and mithril on other quests. I've maxed-out on glimmerbulbs but can't use/exchange them for anything.

In the Royal Exchange, have you done the other Fruit Quests? I think the last and final one to open is strawberries/glimmer bulbs/magic fruit and you get energy back every time you do it. That is the one I'm referring to and why I purchased the Magic Tree. You may not be there yet, so could probably put off purchasing it until it opens up for you.

Yeah, the Mithril is a real hold-back as a few goals come up at once that ask for quite a bit of it. You'll find as you go through the goals that you'll run into another obstacle and that will be with the dragon scales for the Mythic Essence. They want a lot of it and it takes 5 dragon scales, and with only one dragon, it can take awhile as they don't always drop scales. That is one of the spots I keep getting stuck as my dragon is a brat and will drop me a sword when I want his scales! *glares at dragon*

meme1098
04-06-15, 06:45 AM
The key with most quests is *patience* and a lot if it....lol
It is a virtue, you know.:)

bethaneyl
04-06-15, 01:27 PM
I'm curious about the fortune tent ....I've heard the sister/sister mentioned on the forums and how the tent helps .....
When should I buy ....so I will have time to get to the right fortune?

queentina3
04-06-15, 01:46 PM
I'm curious about the fortune tent ....I've heard the sister/sister mentioned on the forums and how the tent helps .....
When should I buy ....so I will have time to get to the right fortune?

The fortune you'll want to hold onto is # 23 The Glimmer Rock Fortune, and each fortune can take 2-3 days before you get one after completing one, so about two months after you purchase the tent, or thereabouts, when you'll get to this fortune. How far are you from getting the "sister,sister" goal?

Anaboe
04-06-15, 06:03 PM
I got stuck on one previous fortune (Ivy's Sunkupie) and eventually skipped it when my Sinister Sister-quest started, so I could reach the Glimmer Rock Fortune.

I'm now on the sticky fortune, which is also great: super glue as much as I like! So now trying to get 99 magic cements ;)

bethaneyl
04-07-15, 04:17 AM
The fortune you'll want to hold onto is # 23 The Glimmer Rock Fortune, and each fortune can take 2-3 days before you get one after completing one, so about two months after you purchase the tent, or thereabouts, when you'll get to this fortune. How far are you from getting the "sister,sister" goal?

I'm not exactly sure ...I have just finished thurstons tower , crafting Excalibur now ....I have the singing girl opened but thought I needed to go to the troll pit first ...the jousting stuff is open, golden omelette ....micro-managing (or something like that ) ...and I'm sure other stuff I can't remember ...lol
Does sister sister come with the singing girl? I might just get the tent and if I get to the fortune keep it till I get the goal ....thanks queentina for all ur help :)

queentina3
04-07-15, 05:12 AM
I'm not exactly sure ...I have just finished thurstons tower , crafting Excalibur now ....I have the singing girl opened but thought I needed to go to the troll pit first ...the jousting stuff is open, golden omelette ....micro-managing (or something like that ) ...and I'm sure other stuff I can't remember ...lol
Does sister sister come with the singing girl? I might just get the tent and if I get to the fortune keep it till I get the goal ....thanks queentina for all ur help :)

No problem. You have a ways to go before you'll hit "sister,sister" as it is part of the Belladonna chain. You need to get through a lot of other things before you'll get there, Glimmer Gate, Greselda, Troll Tribe......Dabag's guide can help you to line up all the goals and where you'll be and when, to plan ahead with the fortunes. You may want to hold onto the "Lip Puckering Fortune" for awhile, and since you won't get to "sister, sister" for a bit, it's worth holding on to. I'm currently on that one with my 2tina account and don't plan on moving from it for at least a few weeks, if not longer. :)

5.The Lip Puckering Fortune
(Check every tree)
Chop down Dead Tree x 3
Rewards: Random fruits (apples, lemons and oranges)
TIP: THIS FORTUNE CAN BE USED TO GAIN UNLIMITED FRUIT. THE TRICK IS NOT TO CHOP DOWN THE LAST DEAD TREE ALL OF THE WAY. SELL AND REPEAT.

Once you get closer to when you'll hit the "sister, sister" chain, you can then move on with the fortunes until you get to # 23.

Check out her guide and see where it will all line up for you and try to plan your timing (hard, I know), and you should do ok. I actually printed out the goals (minus the pictures) and have them in a binder, all lined up for what I'll hit once I finish a set, this way I can plan ahead. My 2tina account is so far behind this was the only way I'd stay sane while getting through them. LOL!!!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844

vulpesvulpes1
04-07-15, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Got the mithril and now waiting for mystery potions (got one from the castle garden) and beastiaries.

Princessirulan1
04-27-15, 06:39 PM
Sorry if this was already asked. I'm considering a Magic Fruit Tree for my kingdom. How many magic fruits does it drop? I really hope it's not one �� thanks for any answers!

SpiritWind00
04-27-15, 07:14 PM
Sorry if this was already asked. I'm considering a Magic Fruit Tree for my kingdom. How many magic fruits does it drop? I really hope it's not one �� thanks for any answers!

The answer is in the Inventory Guide ;) Check under 'M'! have fun deciding... I love the look of the tree with its blue tones, very pretty.

Princessirulan1
04-27-15, 08:25 PM
The answer is in the Inventory Guide ;) Check under 'M'! have fun deciding... I love the look of the tree with its blue tones, very pretty.

Thanks for answering so quickly! :o I did look there before I posted here. I don't know how I missed it! :rolleyes:

christaduff
05-01-15, 06:33 PM
What in the world are gem traps? I'm new to castle story ....I was going to buy 250 gems but now I'm not sure

SpiritWind00
05-02-15, 03:39 AM
Merged duplicate gem threads... Christaduff there is some info in an Information Nugget on accidentally using gems which you can find in The Hub.

Chaotarch
05-02-15, 03:40 AM
What in the world are gem traps? I'm new to castle story ....I was going to buy 250 gems but now I'm not sure

there is not really a gemtrap.
when you open the game wait a few secons for the sync ( helps a lot )
than zoom ( lol, if you have huge fingers a little bit more :rolleyes: ) then tap dont like a maniac at all yellow arrows you see...
organize your kingdom with timed sections ( all 4h building, the 22h buildings and so on )

lol, be patience:cool:

flovisa
05-02-15, 05:33 AM
I need help. For the moment I have 334 gems and soon I will expand to the glimmergate. Should I buy a wizard school or the fortune teller tent? The thing is I am never really out of energy, but so many suggest buying it and the tent is supposed to help me in the sister-sister quest. What should I do?

Chaotarch
05-02-15, 05:38 AM
I need help. For the moment I have 334 gems and soon I will expand to the glimmergate. Should I buy a wizard school or the fortune teller tent? The thing is I am never really out of energy, but so many suggest buying it and the tent is supposed to help me in the sister-sister quest. What should I do?

wiz-school, cuz the greselda questline is hard:eek:
for sister, sister you have enough time, and it should be the last quest you do, or as a sidequest...:D

flovisa
05-02-15, 05:55 AM
wiz-school, cuz the greselda questline is hard:eek:
for sister, sister you have enough time, and it should be the last quest you do, or as a sidequest...:D
Thanks!😄

poojal
05-03-15, 10:08 AM
Hi I had the same query as above. I am on level 31 and just going to expand into glimmergate (probably in a couple of days).

I am confused between Fortune Teller Tent (I have heard it really helps with Super Glues, Mithril and Sister, Sister quest), Wizard School (I have heard its really helpful but I am really not short on energy ever since I play the game so often. In fact, I barely do the energy trades anymore because I have too much energy. However you said it can help with greselda questline - how, if I may ask?) and Mithril Dragon (Would fortune teller tent be better? I have heard Mithril Dragon is quite useful though both for scales and mithril?). I have about 400 gems so probably can only buy one of them - any suggestions which one to buy?

I already have; red flower, sheep, all fruit trees, glimmerdust trove and I have never bought any gems with money - don't plan to either!

ShibuyaCloth
05-03-15, 11:25 AM
Hi I had the same query as above. I am on level 31 and just going to expand into glimmergate (probably in a couple of days).

I am confused between Fortune Teller Tent (I have heard it really helps with Super Glues, Mithril and Sister, Sister quest), Wizard School (I have heard its really helpful but I am really not short on energy ever since I play the game so often. In fact, I barely do the energy trades anymore because I have too much energy. However you said it can help with greselda questline - how, if I may ask?) and Mithril Dragon (Would fortune teller tent be better? I have heard Mithril Dragon is quite useful though both for scales and mithril?). I have about 400 gems so probably can only buy one of them - any suggestions which one to buy?

I already have; red flower, sheep, all fruit trees, glimmerdust trove and I have never bought any gems with money - don't plan to either!

Don't think, act and go for 2 Wizard Schools.

Anaboe
05-03-15, 12:58 PM
The fortune tent gives out fortunes: actionair that nog only give you the regular drop, but also something extra. For example, normale when you harvest corn, it just drops corn. But, when there is as an fortune active, it can drop something else too, like glimmerdust, or even a gem. It's always fixed, never random (only random element is when you get a new fortune), so once you collected 1 corn, the fortune is over.

The beauty is, there are 3 fortunes that can give you the extra into Infinity, as long as you don't finish the fortune.

The one most well known is the Glimmer-fortune: when you chop an old log, you not only get the regular drops (wood etc.), but also glimmer shards or glimmer parts. So, as long as you buy old logs, chop them twice, and then sell them, you can have glimmer shards and parts till forever.

But, you can only have 1 fortune at a time. The other important fortunes give you infinite fruit and infinite super glue (I'm on that one now, so 8'm trying to make 99 magic cements) :)

But, to be honest, the second wizardschool is much better...

mreames
05-03-15, 01:53 PM
I agree with the other posters... Buy 2 wizard schools (believe me, you will find yourself needing energy) then save for the fortune teller tent/mithril dragon.

29vanilla
05-07-15, 06:32 AM
Any thoughts? I want to buy fortune teller tent but thinking I should buy the harvest pergola first. I already have the 2 wizard schools.

Anaboe
05-07-15, 07:38 AM
Depends on how much cooking you do and where on the story-line you are.

If you are in constant demand of cooking materials (sugar, bread, milk), then a harvest pergola comes in handy.
If you want can see the Sister Sister-goal comes in sight within a few months, I'd say: go for the Fortune-tellers tent: the Old-log fortune is almost nessecery for that goal.

29vanilla
05-07-15, 09:21 AM
I'm almost done with Princess Sabina Faire and Troll Tribe Part 1. So I think I must be pretty far off. I think I'll take that advice. I'm forever cooking trying to send my Knights out everyday. Thanks.

How about that new mushroom for 45 gems? I really think I'd like to get that too.

8hat
05-07-15, 09:31 AM
Love the new mushroom. I used to struggle to have enough for the vial you make in the greenhouse; now I've even done an exchange or two involving shrooms.

29vanilla
05-07-15, 09:37 AM
Glad to hear that. Getting that too then. One for each kingdom. Unfortunately not enough gems yet for harvest pergola for both my kingdoms. Hoping for a new app goal to show up in my que for some free gems. Only problem with that tho is it takes more time away from CS. Thanks for info.

jbfps116
05-09-15, 12:41 AM
what's the best use of 650 gems?
~Alicorn [I don't have any yet except walicorn and pink]
~3-4 items in the Baron's tent... [I already have gray kitty, balloons, and bake table]
Or should I get the pack with Rouncy and the Hydrangea deco [already have rouncy, this would make 2]

Anaboe
05-09-15, 09:39 AM
If you want something usefull, then go for the Alicorn. The items in the Baron's tent are mostly decorating (exept for the pup and kitty's). I like the setting tho (carnival), but it's way too expensive for me.

You can't buy the pack with Rouncy and the Hydrangea with gems, you need to pay real money for it.

RosemaryV
05-09-15, 12:04 PM
Iron shortage. Buy iron rich rock pile for ~$5K. I always keep a couple around. One time I recieved 8 iron for 5 'hits'. Seems reasonable for me to use occasionally. Rosemary

jbfps116
05-14-15, 05:31 AM
got my first "real" alicorn :) probably my last for a long time if they don't give us the love shack!!

jinka7
05-14-15, 01:29 PM
I have a bit over 300 gems and I have 2 wizard schools. I was thinking of saving up for a Mythril Dragon, but should I get a regular or something else? I want to try to use them on something I want before I accidentally use them up on something. :/

Gardienn
05-14-15, 01:39 PM
From the expired stallion goal:

"Oh no! Your goal is over. Would you like to buy the goal for 6 gems? (reward: 1 sugar)"

Um, NO.

"Oh no! Your goal is over. Would you like to buy the goal for 40 gems? (reward: 20 energy)"

Let me think about that...

NOOOO.

Crikey.

Anaboe
05-14-15, 02:18 PM
I have a bit over 300 gems and I have 2 wizard schools. I was thinking of saving up for a Mythril Dragon, but should I get a regular or something else? I want to try to use them on something I want before I accidentally use them up on something. :/

You must think very carefully on what you're always short on.

Animals: I would NOT recommend to buy gem-animals, they drop often enough from adventuring. Nor would I recomend regular dragons, manticors or Alicorns, way to expensive for the things they drop. The Mithril Dragon COULD be usefull, but I never bought one, and I got my mithril otherwise. It's helpfull to advance in the game, but late game it's pretty much useless.

Plants: I found the Living Tree, Mythic Mushrooms, Multi-Colored Hedge and Maple Tree extremely usefull. The plus on those is that it's also usefull late-game, since the drops keep getting used in pretty everything. Red Trillium droped from an Adventure and is usefull too, Magic Fruit Tree has very limited useability: it helps to advance in the game, but late game, it's pretty much useless: you won't need the drops anymore.

Buildings:
Royal buildings: Royal Maner gives nothing but Royal Points and coins, to me it's just an expensive piece of decoration.
Resource buildings: Fish Market if you're regularly short on fish: to me my 6 ponds and 1 well give me everything I need.
Special buildings: Fearie Skunkhouse, I have one, I think from the story-line. I always collect from it, buy if you're regularly in dire need of rat tails etc. Glimmerdust Trove: drop from adventures occasionaly, I have 4 and bought non of it. Kingdom Inn: if you're in dire need of Earth Wisp. My advice: don't buy it, you'll be in dire need of Expansion permits loooong before you're in dire need of Wisps. Glimmerbat Habitat: if you don't have enoug fruit trees, this is gives you fruit. But fruit trees drop regularly from adventures, so I wouldn't buy this one. Reindeer Stables I like this a little more then I like the Harvest Pergola. To me, the Harvest Pergola often drops nothing, while the Stables often drop cooking products (ice cream, sugar etc.) To others the Pergola drops very good items, so it's up to you.

The Fortunetellers Tent is a good one to buy, but make sure you read the hub! before you start collecting from it. If you use it the right way, the Tent is invaluable, if you use it the wrong way, it almost gives you nothing.

So: decide what you will be needing in the long run, and go for that one...

kellbell710
05-14-15, 05:26 PM
You must think very carefully on what you're always short on.

Animals: I would NOT recommend to buy gem-animals, they drop often enough from adventuring. Nor would I recomend regular dragons, manticors or Alicorns, way to expensive for the things they drop. The Mithril Dragon COULD be usefull, but I never bought one, and I got my mithril otherwise. It's helpfull to advance in the game, but late game it's pretty much useless.

Plants: I found the Living Tree, Mythic Mushrooms, Multi-Colored Hedge and Maple Tree extremely usefull. The plus on those is that it's also usefull late-game, since the drops keep getting used in pretty everything. Red Trillium droped from an Adventure and is usefull too, Magic Fruit Tree has very limited useability: it helps to advance in the game, but late game, it's pretty much useless: you won't need the drops anymore.

Buildings:
Royal buildings: Royal Maner gives nothing but Royal Points and coins, to me it's just an expensive piece of decoration.
Resource buildings: Fish Market if you're regularly short on fish: to me my 6 ponds and 1 well give me everything I need.
Special buildings: Fearie Skunkhouse, I have one, I think from the story-line. I always collect from it, buy if you're regularly in dire need of rat tails etc. Glimmerdust Trove: drop from adventures occasionaly, I have 4 and bought non of it. Kingdom Inn: if you're in dire need of Earth Wisp. My advice: don't buy it, you'll be in dire need of Expansion permits loooong before you're in dire need of Wisps. Glimmerbat Habitat: if you don't have enoug fruit trees, this is gives you fruit. But fruit trees drop regularly from adventures, so I wouldn't buy this one. Reindeer Stables I like this a little more then I like the Harvest Pergola. To me, the Harvest Pergola often drops nothing, while the Stables often drop cooking products (ice cream, sugar etc.) To others the Pergola drops very good items, so it's up to you.

The Fortunetellers Tent is a good one to buy, but make sure you read the hub! before you start collecting from it. If you use it the right way, the Tent is invaluable, if you use it the wrong way, it almost gives you nothing.

So: decide what you will be needing in the long run, and go for that one...

Thanks for this post. :) I read everyone here but this one here really opened my eyes. I came here on the fence about buying a manticore. I have one but was going to get another as I need manticore whiskers to move forward. I think I will try something I don't have much of instead - patience. Thanks again for the good advice ��

jinka7
05-15-15, 01:09 AM
After the update for restaurant story, I'll have 341 gems, so maybe I'll go for the tent. I wanted the mythril dragon because I need mythril AND scales, and even though I have the fourth shard, 20 mythril is annoying to come by. I also saw that for another quest I have coming up I'll need 5 more (the sapling, I'm on Deep Sea Exploring right now). I've usually been patient with this game, except for when I caved and bought a lemon and apple tree, though I may be toeing the line.

sugarlevi
05-24-15, 02:09 AM
I am in a bit of a bind, I am at level 34. And mostly waiting for wool, for the Evil Queen Carriage, upgrading the Troll Castle, and Anniversary goal,/yellow skunkupine. Almost got the Faerie Respite built (waiting for the last few seeds) and within a few days I should be waiting for the Fleece, Diamond and Ember to drop for the Dragon.

have:
- Two wizard schools
- Fortune Tellers Tent
- A Lemon Tree
- Multicolour Hedge
- Sap Tree
- Sheep x2
- Mythic Mushrooms

I've got enough gems, to buy a magic fruit tree, which I was planning too. Since I am getting low on Magic fruit, as I am using it to get rid of my excess glimmerbulbs, as well as excess truffles with the trades. I can postpone doing the last one, since I got a more steady supply of prime cuts from my two sheep. But still, more trading permits, is always a plus.

But after making and using lots of Enchanters Essences and a bunch of Lumin Essences, for several goals (glimmergate key, dragon, faerie respite). I've started to run low on Mermaid scales. And I don't enjoy being full on water and fish, while getting only a few mermaid scales. So I'm also wondering about getting the Mermaid Pond. Even though right now, I am not really in need of any of the potions. But I know I'll need more in the future.

Maybe I will just get the Magic Fruit tree, I have about 164 gems right now. So if I spend, 120 on that tree, I should be able to buy the Mermaid Pond within a month. If I don't suffer any major gem losses, and still feel the need to get it by then.

That way I will also have a couple of gems left, to speed up building the Summer Gazebo, if I won't make it in time.

crystiesc
05-24-15, 05:11 AM
I have purchased:
All three fruit trees
Mithril dragon
The colorful sap tree
The huge mushrooms
Red trillium
Extra cabbages to get the puppy in the baron tent
Fortune tellers tent
The tree that drops living wood
The huge flower from the fairie quest - I didn't realize it was a goal prize

I highly recommend the fortune tent. Certain fortunes can really help you max out needed items.
I don't regret my red trillium, sap tree, mushrooms, or puppy either.

At this stage I never collect from the dragon or fruit trees or even the living wood tree.

I am probably getting a wizard school next, myself. Just need to expand first. :)

Edit: I also purchased the barracks, and use them every two days.

WorldOfMakeBelieve
05-24-15, 06:32 AM
What do you recommend getting first - puppy, barracks or fortune teller's tent?

crystiesc
05-24-15, 07:26 AM
What do you recommend getting first - puppy, barracks or fortune teller's tent?

If you are still waiting on an adventure item such as burning amber, the barracks gives you an extra chance. So if you need something like the amber, get the barracks first.

If not, then the fortune tent. Right now I'm working on maxing out dark seeds by chopping logs to get glimmer fragments. Some fortunes are very helpful!

The puppy gives me rat tails and milk like the skunupine, and I always need both. He drops other items, too, and he's cute!

jbfps116
05-24-15, 05:53 PM
barracks ups your knight collection per day by 50%. Although I never got another ember other than the first one for the dragon.

AnniePMH
05-24-15, 10:07 PM
After the update for restaurant story, I'll have 341 gems, so maybe I'll go for the tent. I wanted the mythril dragon because I need mythril AND scales, and even though I have the fourth shard, 20 mythril is annoying to come by. I also saw that for another quest I have coming up I'll need 5 more (the sapling, I'm on Deep Sea Exploring right now). I've usually been patient with this game, except for when I caved and bought a lemon and apple tree, though I may be toeing the line.

After the two Wizard Schools, I believe the Fortune Teller's Tent to be the most useful gem building to have. That is if you read up on how to use it to your advantage. The most important thing with it is the possibility of unlimited supply of glimmer fragments and shards for the Sister Sister goal. Which other gem items to buy depend so much on your style of play that it is hard to give general advise. I would start with items that can help with common low supply areas:)

StevenKevin
05-25-15, 04:41 AM
Just bought the mermaid pond and i find it a really good investment, so many blue and yellow essences are needed

8hat
06-15-15, 08:38 PM
I like the appearance of the fish market...I'm good on those speciality troll fish (butterfish, catfish) but how good is the return on the original orange fish?

janddolphins
08-08-15, 01:13 PM
I am seeing mixed reviews here as expected.

I'm between 3 things as I have many gem items I wanted already. Ali is out because just too much (I played a month or two shy of quest to make them, I am still hoping those very first original quests come back.)

So my choices: I finally have enough for Barracks....in long run will supplies and occasional gems be worth it for a level 50 player?
I can get Ivys bakery...it's cute and seems to have some valuable items
Or hold my 400 gems (makes me nervous) and see if there if something new coming out I will want. So far gem horses don't seem worth it,

Opinions of those with barracks and or Ivys bakery?

Also should mention I am caught up on quests minus the newest 2

SpiritWind00
08-08-15, 06:15 PM
If you're only tossing up between the barracks and the Bakery, I'd go the Bakery. The drops are useful for adventures so they will be used and not just go to inventory. And skunkupies seem to be making more of an appearance lately.

If you're level 50 already, you've been able to get through your goals and so the barracks may not be as useful. I guess keep in mind that with the barracks you need additional feasts on hand to make it useful. The good side is that you have another gem dropping source from adventures, so you will get your gems back in time. Good luck in your decision! :)

janddolphins
08-08-15, 09:32 PM
If you're only tossing up between the barracks and the Bakery, I'd go the Bakery. The drops are useful for adventures so they will be used and not just go to inventory. And skunkupies seem to be making more of an appearance lately.

If you're level 50 already, you've been able to get through your goals and so the barracks may not be as useful. I guess keep in mind that with the barracks you need additional feasts on hand to make it useful. The good side is that you have another gem dropping source from adventures, so you will get your gems back in time. Good luck in your decision! :)

Thanks for your input. Yeah the gems dropping back long term is one of the alludes to the barracks. I think I'll get bakery for now though and have gems saved so maybe that will be next goal unless something better comes along before. Thanks!

chewingthecud
08-08-15, 10:57 PM
Hello all. If you are an advanced player and have all the usually purchased items, I would suggest buying apple trees. They do actually give off golden apples (giving 5 gems in return from the golden trade) as well as allowing you to bake apple pies for the one gem trade. I have done this for a while now and am hoarding golden apples. I have 40ish now and I keep them for emergencies aka only trade them for gems when I need gems. This means I reduce the likelihood that I get a gem trap so in end effect I use them as a "safe bank". Just an idea. Happy playing everyone!:o

janddolphins
08-09-15, 03:13 PM
I
Hello all. If you are an advanced player and have all the usually purchased items, I would suggest buying apple trees. They do actually give off golden apples (giving 5 gems in return from the golden trade) as well as allowing you to bake apple pies for the one gem trade. I have done this for a while now and am hoarding golden apples. I have 40ish now and I keep them for emergencies aka only trade them for gems when I need gems. This means I reduce the likelihood that I get a gem trap so in end effect I use them as a "safe bank". Just an idea. Happy playing everyone!:o

Thanks for the idea. I've actually gotten several from adventures, 6 apple trees alone I believe so haven't had the need to buy. I don't do the trades unless I am high on the nuggets though because they seem in demand for quests from time to time so don't want to waste them.

Curious if other players do the golden gem trade often? I've only done it's a couple times when I wanted something and was a little short.

For gems I do the pie and lemonade trade though :)

29vanilla
08-09-15, 09:10 PM
...I don't do the trades unless I am high on the nuggets though because they seem in demand for quests from time to time so don't want to waste them.

Curious if other players do the golden gem trade often? I've only done it's a couple times when I wanted something and was a little short.

For gems I do the pie and lemonade trade though :)

I do the pie lemonade trade for one gem frequently. Have not done the nugget egg apple gold trade yet. The ratio of this trade is really out of balance when SO MANY nuggets are required for some of these quests. I think the number required for this quest is ridiculous. Sorry to be negative about it. I am almost back to a balanced 1-2-3 ratio of each item to start doing the trade after a previous quest required giving up several nuggets, but won't be if I give up 25 nuggets for this quest. Is it 25 or 30? I forgot.

If you gem skipped thru this part to save your gold nuggets...any regrets either way? Do you wish you had your gems back or your gold?

calilive213
09-27-15, 03:18 AM
I think 1 Wizard school will be enough, but thanks! If I were to get two AND the three fruit trees, I'd only have 10 gems left.

I got one of each tree from the adventures eventually. So....
I do enjoy my red flower and the sheep tho. I wish I had gotten the sheep earlier in the game frankly.
I'm considering the second wizard school now, once I figure out where to put it, I will. The first one is great.
Having the fruit trees is good but, I did spend gems for an apple tree and, getting one from an adventure I now have two. That's 90 gems I could've saved, Ijs...

I'm in the same boat as the OP, what should I spend more gems on, although I don't mind saving them.
I wish I could get another kitchen, the cooking camp seems light years away at this pace, it's actually making me kind of resent it, lol.

nancydrew88
09-28-15, 08:55 AM
I get about 1 orange fish per collecting. It's really not worth the gems IMO. I end up having too many butterfish now. Really regretted getting the fish market.

I like the appearance of the fish market...I'm good on those speciality troll fish (butterfish, catfish) but how good is the return on the original orange fish?

Simdiva
10-29-15, 01:10 PM
I spent gems on several red flowers and have not regretted that purchase as they come in very handy plus it's far less tedious than collecting one every fifteen minutes do I got five. Same with the troves, I didn't really mean to end up with six but it has served me very well. I don't always collect them but when I run low on dust i restock fast between those and the four mythic mushrooms. Also I have three maple trees so in essence I never reLly have a dust, sap or flower issue. Makes for less stressful gaming although it did cost dome gems. Then again most came relatively free, I have invested very little into thus game except for the wizard school and my big screwup the gazebo which I think cost me fifty bucks.

trailbean
10-30-15, 01:11 PM
Once my second dragon egg dropped from Forgotten Roost, I spent 80 gems on a Burning Ember without hesitation.

ladyperidot
10-30-15, 03:54 PM
Bought my second wizard school - it's on sale!

midgetsocks
11-03-15, 04:17 PM
Living wood trees. For real. Always need that stuff and if I'm maxed I just make faerie sap or use some for a trade.

totalwasteoftime
11-03-15, 11:26 PM
Living wood trees. For real. Always need that stuff and if I'm maxed I just make faerie sap or use some for a trade.

I just bought my third living wood tree... I'm trying to upgrade the fairy bulb and it takes sooo many to make the fairy sap that there are never enough.

Niskers
06-01-16, 11:56 AM
I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what's worth saving up gems for?

MiniLaura
06-01-16, 01:13 PM
If you are just starting out, I'd say one of each fruit tree and a sheep. They give you resources that are tough to get in other ways.

Niskers
06-01-16, 05:49 PM
Nah I'm level 40 and looking at things like the barracks and the pergola etc

hagypagy
06-03-16, 02:09 AM
Nah I'm level 40 and looking at things like the barracks and the pergola etc

Definitely the barracks if you haven't got yet!! The adventures bring in more gems so it pays itself off soon enough. :)

I just bought my third living wood tree... I'm trying to upgrade the fairy bulb and it takes sooo many to make the fairy sap that there are never enough.

For real living wood trees! ;)
Best investment after the barracks.
I also have 3 and never have any living wood issues.

VersaceMorrow
06-03-16, 04:31 PM
Is it possible to have 2 barracks? I didn't see a limit on the building guide.

29vanilla
08-10-16, 09:33 AM
Opinions on purchasing the cabbage are appreciated please. Considering purchasing it since its on sale right now. I'm sure there's a thread already but can't find it yet.

Solientus
08-10-16, 10:03 AM
Opinions on purchasing the cabbage are appreciated please. Considering purchasing it since its on sale right now. I'm sure there's a thread already but can't find it yet.
The New Sales & Special Offers (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92208-New-sales-amp-special-offers-new-main-thread-for-sales-etc) is usually pretty close to the top of posts in this Discussions forum incase you see another sale you're curious about. People post a lot of helpful info in there about prizes and deals :)
But short answer, yes, if you have the Gems, it's a great deal right now. Last time it was on sale it was 320 Gems or something like that, so this is even cheaper.

29vanilla
08-10-16, 10:18 AM
Thanks for your input. I think I'll take the plunge. Lol. Don't like the fact about no more daily 3 freebie cabbages but I'll be able to save the cabbages up for something better. After more research I did find some older threads. This price of 270 is the same as last years' Black Friday sale. Bummed I wasted almost hundred gems on the last event!

aurora171
08-12-16, 05:06 AM
trying to decide what to get next with my gems the barracks or the living wood tree? Which one would be more useful or is there anything else that I'd be better off holding out for (already have wizard schools and mermaid pond!)? I'm so indecisive when it comes to gem purchases!

SpiritWind00
08-12-16, 06:23 AM
trying to decide what to get next with my gems the barracks or the living wood tree? Which one would be more useful or is there anything else that I'd be better off holding out for (already have wizard schools and mermaid pond!)? I'm so indecisive when it comes to gem purchases!
Where are you up to in the main story? Can't go too wrong with the living wood tree ;)

aurora171
08-12-16, 12:53 PM
Where are you up to in the main story? Can't go too wrong with the living wood tree ;)

Just at the start of the glimmergate storyline! Living wood tree it is then, I seem to be ok with that resource atm but I have a feeling my luck may not hold out with upcoming storylines lol! Thank you!!

SpiritWind00
08-12-16, 06:33 PM
Just at the start of the glimmergate storyline! Living wood tree it is then, I seem to be ok with that resource atm but I have a feeling my luck may not hold out with upcoming storylines lol! Thank you!!
I don't think you'll be disappointed with that choice. ;) When you hit the blythewood quests you need bucket loads of living wood. I have 4 and except for events when energy is prioritised elsewhere, always collect from them and make other items with the LW to stockpile.

aurora171
08-13-16, 02:01 AM
I don't think you'll be disappointed with that choice. ;) When you hit the blythewood quests you need bucket loads of living wood. I have 4 and except for events when energy is prioritised elsewhere, always collect from them and make other items with the LW to stockpile.

Thank you! I'll def go for that then! Thanks again! :D

CuteTali
08-13-16, 03:13 AM
How do you save up cabbages from the hut? I bought it a while ago, but it only gives me one cabbage. I tried not collecting for a week and still only got one. If I collect one cabbage, I have to use it immediately, because it resets when the tent resets. How do you use it?

SpiritWind00
08-13-16, 03:42 AM
How do you save up cabbages from the hut? I bought it a while ago, but it only gives me one cabbage. I tried not collecting for a week and still only got one. If I collect one cabbage, I have to use it immediately, because it resets when the tent resets. How do you use it?
All info is in the Barons Tent thread in the Hub. (Or click link below) ;)

CuteTali
08-13-16, 03:53 AM
All info is in the Barons Tent thread in the Hub. (Or click link below) ;)

Thanks, found it! So basically, start with the 3 cabbages you get automatically and don't use them at all. Then collect from the hut every day without using any of those cabbages, until you have 25 cabbages stored, then you can use them when you see an item you like.

I didn't know about the not using them trick. I bet a lot of users that don't use the forums would never even imagine to do this.

SpiritWind00
08-13-16, 03:57 AM
Yep! That's exactly how it works. ;) As for the last bit, hmm, not sure. I guess that's where we play our part in helping those who don't come here. ;)

aurora171
08-13-16, 07:31 AM
Yep! That's exactly how it works. ;) As for the last bit, hmm, not sure. I guess that's where we play our part in helping those who don't come here. ;)

I know this is off topic (sorry!!) but would there be any way for the devs to put a link to the forums in the faq's? would help get the word out a little more! (unless it's already there and I'm just being blind and not seeing it in which case please delete this!)

29vanilla
08-15-16, 05:02 PM
How long will the "limited" golden mine be in the market? 530 gems is a huge purchase. Looking for player feedback please. Thanks:)

bald1e
08-20-16, 06:40 PM
Hmm not sure what to buy next. Level 50 with 551 gems (all freebies) and done all goals up to newest update 8/18. Got it down to 3 items.
The Cabbage Hut 450
Golden Mine 520
Beastbane Display 530

CuteTali
08-21-16, 07:00 AM
Hmm not sure what to buy next. Level 50 with 551 gems (all freebies) and done all goals up to newest update 8/18. Got it down to 3 items.
The Cabbage Hut 450
Golden Mine 520
Beastbane Display 530

I would say Golden Mine, especially since I think it's limited.

bald1e
08-29-16, 07:26 PM
Took the plunge and bought the Golden Mine and I've been pleased so far.
3x Golden Apple.
3x Golden Nugget.
1x Golden Egg. (always got more of these naturally so glad of the low drop rate so far)

Jackiesq
10-06-16, 04:49 AM
Hi all,

Gems are very hard to get and very useful for everything. That's why I want to use them only for the most useful things.
Ofcourse I use them sometimes for speeding up something or to buy a missing thing to complete a timed quest during events. I don't use them for the other quests. I'm level 33, so if I miss something, I simply work on another quest until I have enough to complete it.

But I want to know what your best (or worst) longtime investments are, if you spend it in the market.
I bought 4 things so far;
-sheep
-red trillium
-maple tree
-moon rock
and I'm happy with their useful drops.
On top of my wishlist now is an apple tree (still hoping to get 1 from an adventure...)

Is their something that gives gems as drops?
What is the best energy giver?
And last but not least, what can give you the ultrarare drops we need a lot during the game?

SpiritWind00
10-06-16, 05:03 AM
Jackiesq I merged your thread with this existing one about gem purchasing. The Informatin Nugget about gems in the Hub also has info about gem drops. Links below. The new sales thread also has recent and good discussion about gem purchase items as does the help me thread.

The best energy giver - the most are alicorns and wizard school, occasionally Sir Pigglesworth.
Ultra rare drops - very subjective.... The rarest items may now be useful for the Elven Outpost. The Inventory Guide has a list of all drops. What's rare for you may not be rare to me because 1. I've played longer; 2. My luck may be better; 3. I spend a lot of time collecting vs someone who is only in their game to use their energy once a day etc.

Interesting question though :)

haku8cafe
10-06-16, 05:11 AM
any advice for a lvl22??? I have gotten 1xapple tree, 1xOrange tree, 1x lemon tree...

I really do not know what to use gems for atm I have around 90+

should I just save them up for later?? or just get another set of the 3x trees?

I really like the cabbage hut but I heard it can be gotten with coins

Jackiesq
10-06-16, 05:14 AM
Jackiesq I merged your thread with this existing one about gem purchasing. The Informatin Nugget about gems in the Hub also has info about gem drops. Links below. The new sales thread also has recent and good discussion about gem purchase items as does the help me thread.

The best energy giver - the most are alicorns and wizard school, occasionally Sir Pigglesworth.
Ultra rare drops - very subjective.... The rarest items may now be useful for the Elven Outpost. The Inventory Guide has a list of all drops. What's rare for you may not be rare to me because 1. I've played longer; 2. My luck may be better; 3. I spend a lot of time collecting vs someone who is only in their game to use their energy once a day etc.

Interesting question though :)
Thx!

Jackiesq
10-06-16, 05:21 AM
any advice for a lvl22??? I have gotten 1xapple tree, 1xOrange tree, 1x lemon tree...

I really do not know what to use gems for atm I have around 90+

should I just save them up for later?? or just get another set of the 3x trees?

I really like the cabbage hut but I heard it can be gotten with coins

I think the red trillium for red petals and very rare drops of spellbound dew (I see them more from this flower then the other flowers...) is a very useful investment on your level. But I should wait to buy it, if you don't need red petals now...

(Just got Orange tree nr3 from an adventure, still no apple tree... But if you have 1 of each I shouldn't invest gems in more of the same...)

dipwid
10-06-16, 12:10 PM
If you have 90 I personally would get another apple tree to get a chance for more golden apples that you can combine with golden nuggets and eggs for trading for gems in the exchange.

jo_fitz
10-07-16, 06:18 PM
I would hold off in the lemon tree. I've got 14 of them and 13 are from quests. Compared to 6 Orange from quests and 3 Apple from quests.
I'd say 2 Wizzard Schools, otherwise save them!

pieandcream
10-25-16, 03:34 PM
Hi

im trying to decide what next to spend gems on.
what item is worth the cost after wizard schools?
(besides the little stuff-red trillium, white cows/pigs, living tree etc)

ta in advance ^^

cyndora
10-25-16, 03:57 PM
living wood trees and sap trees, i have 8 of each and dont regret it. also i am not sure what part of the story line you are in but the red flower has been useful. also the pagodas drop useful food items....DONT get the fortunes teller tent. i did , and enjoyed it for a while, then they stopped making fortunes for it so it was a total waste of 200/250 gems. ( they did say they would not stop doing fortunes but ...w/e ) good luck !!

ok , even though your post was short , for some reason i did not see the last line lol!.

candie1230
10-25-16, 04:03 PM
Get a barracks... you can get a lot of gem items as prizes from the adventures, and there's always a chance of getting gems as prizes too. Plus you get energy back as an additional prize.

WorldOfMakeBelieve
10-25-16, 08:18 PM
Without a doubt - 2 living trees and 2 red trilliums! Happy Gaming!

ninjalejones
10-25-16, 10:44 PM
I would go for the barracks. It's one of the few gem buildings I constantly use and have never regretted getting but it's also because it suits my style of playing. I like growing crops and preparing feasts for adventures cause I always get excited when they return with goodies.

If you have the sister sister goal left, the fortune teller tent might be a good short term investment as they've stopped releasing new fortunes, which I think is a shame as I liked hunting for them.

SpiritWind00
10-25-16, 10:48 PM
Hi

im trying to decide what next to spend gems on.
what item is worth the cost after wizard schools?
(besides the little stuff-red trillium, white cows/pigs, living tree etc)

ta in advance ^^
Thread merged with existing thread. Great ideas in this thread... I'd skim thru this thread to get some ideas that might work for you. ;)

pieandcream
10-30-16, 03:34 PM
Thread merged with existing thread. Great ideas in this thread... I'd skim thru this thread to get some ideas that might work for you. ;)

and thanks for the suggestions, already got barracks and trilium and living wood tree though >.< hence my question. was thinking of the cabbage thing....not sure if its the best investment though.....

edit: oh i know...wait till black friday and see what is on offer XD nearly forgot about that!!!

jo_fitz
10-30-16, 04:15 PM
I was so disappointed with the cabbage hut, it wasn't worth it to me and I wish I wouldn't have bought it.
You get 1 cabbage, and they disappear the next day so you can't save them.

pieandcream
10-30-16, 04:34 PM
I was so disappointed with the cabbage hut, it wasn't worth it to me and I wish I wouldn't have bought it.
You get 1 cabbage, and they disappear the next day so you can't save them.

whut? since when? the barons tent thread says they're saved up. get your 3 main ones, then cabbage hut, u got 4, next day cabbage hut then you got 5. that doesnt work anymore?

meme1098
10-30-16, 04:59 PM
It still works, as long as you don't use any cabbages & let them accumulate 1 day at a time, they will add up.

pieandcream
10-31-16, 06:03 AM
It still works, as long as you don't use any cabbages & let them accumulate 1 day at a time, they will add up.

is it worth it? XD

vaso1908
10-31-16, 06:19 AM
is it worth it? XD

Like everything else in this game this is fairly subjective, but imo it is definetely worth it!! The baron's tent usually has great items and since they refresh every month you have a great variety to choose from. I bought it almost as soon as ot was released and I think it's the most useful building I ever bought with gems. But again that is my opinion! :)

ladyknightkeladry
11-02-16, 06:41 PM
Should I get a Wizard's School or a Cabbage Hut? I've got a bunch of gems saved up and am considering getting one of the two. The Wizard's School looks good bc it's a consistent source of energy. However, if I get the Cabbage Hut, I can save up for the alicorns and dragons (which also drop energy) that pop up in the Baron's Tent.

Stymie52
11-02-16, 07:18 PM
Should I get a Wizard's School or a Cabbage Hut? I've got a bunch of gems saved up and am considering getting one of the two. The Wizard's School looks good bc it's a consistent source of energy. However, if I get the Cabbage Hut, I can save up for the alicorns and dragons (which also drop energy) that pop up in the Baron's Tent.

Everyone will have a different opinion. I would get the Cabbage Hut. The Baron's Tent is fun and offers unique items. The Wizard's School I find mostly useful during events when I really need extra energy. But you can get energy from other sources. So I would go with the Cabbage Hut. Good luck with deciding.

SpiritWind00
11-02-16, 10:37 PM
With a long term view, Cabbage Hut. You're right, you will be able to get some sort of an alicorn which drops energy daily. It's still worth getting a wizard school though at some point. If energy is your focus (tough choice!), then I'd lean more towards the Cabbage Hut. But the flip side is that you may need to wait a while for those alicorns as the Barons tent can sometimes be fickle and not give you the opportunity to get an alicorn animal. Another consideration is to use your gems on the Beastbane Display and work on getting the alicorns available in the MRC (Mythic Research Centre). the BD will drop gold troll tokens in and out of season. I probably get about 1 gold troll token every week or so.

Wait and see what a few other players post before you jump in. At the end of the day, do what your heart says :)

Chaotarch
11-03-16, 02:13 AM
With a long term view, Cabbage Hut. You're right, you will be able to get some sort of an alicorn which drops energy daily. It's still worth getting a wizard school though at some point. If energy is your focus (tough choice!), then I'd lean more towards the Cabbage Hut. But the flip side is that you may need to wait a while for those alicorns as the Barons tent can sometimes be fickle and not give you the opportunity to get an alicorn animal. Another consideration is to use your gems on the Beastbane Display and work on getting the alicorns available in the MRC (Mythic Research Centre). the BD will drop gold troll tokens in and out of season. I probably get about 1 gold troll token every week or so.

Wait and see what a few other players post before you jump in. At the end of the day, do what your heart says :)

wizschool: fully upgraded a good source of energy, yes, and the 2nd too. :)
but you need a lot of spellbooks collecting from old thomas and libaries...:rolleyes:

cabbage hut: you get every day 1 cabbage, if you are lucky you get the price from BGT for 12 cabbages, but mostly 20...:eek:
... if you are lucky, you can get 2 - 6 alicorns per month in the BGT, but you need enough cabbages...:rolleyes:

beastbane display: yes, you maybe get 3 or 4 goldtokens per week, if you are lucky...:cool:
but you need the MRC for goldtokens, before you can craft only 5 alicorns in the MRC..:p
and you can get a 2nd cabbage hut in the MRC for goldtokens...:rolleyes:

but at least i would take the wizschool ( -> S8: pls upgrade for lv6 or a 3rd and 4th ...:rolleyes: )

Britilina
11-03-16, 06:32 AM
I wanted to post about some of my recent purchases I love.

The Beastbane Display is SO worth it. I've had 10 gold tokens drop since the end of the last hunt. Can't wait for that MRC.

Also I love my Gold Mine. Before I had it, I had 3 golden apples. After only a couple months, I have 19! I never had as much trouble with the other golden items, but I do have 50 nuggets now too! I would highly recommend either of those!

PrincessCelestian
11-03-16, 06:48 AM
I wanted to post about some of my recent purchases I love.

The Beastbane Display is SO worth it. I've had 10 gold tokens drop since the end of the last hunt. Can't wait for that MRC.

Also I love my Gold Mine. Before I had it, I had 3 golden apples. After only a couple months, I have 19! I never had as much trouble with the other golden items, but I do have 50 nuggets now too! I would highly recommend either of those!

I also love my gold mine but they are no longer available for sale. Good info on the beastbane display though. I might have to look into that after I get my first full energy Ali. With all of these energy intensive events, I have decided that is my next purchase. I was pretty much there but then had the skelecorn pop up twice in my baron's tent and of course I had to have both of them. 😁😁

Britilina
11-04-16, 07:11 AM
You never know when the Gold Mine might pop up in the market again.

jbfps116
11-04-16, 02:07 PM
i spend gems I had around for months on getting a peacock since I know I'll not be on the game next week

hagypagy
11-05-16, 02:20 AM
You never know when the Gold Mine might pop up in the market again.

Hope it's soon!

Missed it last time as I was waiting for payday , then it disappeared :(

Have a spot ready for it.

tartarosfalling
11-21-16, 10:02 PM
I've at level 36. I have 261 gems saved. I am willing to save if there's something I need to save for but I do sometimes accidentally use gems so I'd prefer not to.

--------------------

Gem purchases that I already have:

Buildings:
* 2 Wizarding schools
* barracks,
* Knights hall (was 0 after purchasing barracks...why? Also, does it do anything? )
* Cabbage Hut

Nature:
* 2 lemon trees
* 1 orange tree
* 1 red trillium
* 2 mythic mushrooms
* 4 glimmer dust troves

Animals:

* 1 dragon
* 1 griffina
* 1 wily werebeast
* 1 vampire puppy
* 1 manticore
* 1 treasure hunter cat
* 1 parrot
* 1 royal peacock
* 1 camel
* 1 sir pigglesworth
* 3 white sheep
* 3 white pigs
* 1 white cow
* 1 black cow
* 1 purple cow

Plot wise my open quests are:

* The cooking caravan -- don't know what storyline this is
* Stable Staples - special horse storyline, on 20/50 grooming mitts, this takes forever!
* An Expert Opinion - elves storyline, stick until I finish Greselda storyline
* Typical Baron -- Greselda storyline, need to buy the amphitheater and cathedral
* Daddy Thurston -- pet skunkupine storyline, need fruit
* Princess Lorelai's Fountain
* a monument to greatness -- don't know what storyline this is
* and I just upped the Faerie Respite to level 5, so I expect that storyline will pick up again soon

------------------------------

Most of my animals and plants and so on, I didn't purchase but got through quests. And I know I really need an apple tree but ugh, 90 gems seems like a lot for something I'll get for free sooner or later. (Are any quests more likely to get me stuff or does it not make a difference?)

Buildings I don't have that cost gems:

* bait market
* harvest pergola
* ivys bakery -- what is the point of skunkupies? What can I do with them?
* royal manor -- does this do anything or is it just a lot of royal points?

So....what are your recommendations? What do you think I need or could really use?

Also, any suggestions for what to keep an eye out for in the barons game tent?

SpiritWind00
11-21-16, 10:50 PM
I'd consider the Beastbane Display and the gold mine should it come up again. Black Friday is this week? Perhaps wait till then and see what's on offer....

CuteTali
11-22-16, 03:14 PM
I'd consider the Beastbane Display and the gold mine should it come up again. Black Friday is this week? Perhaps wait till then and see what's on offer....

What does the beastbane display do?

Also what does the knights hall do?

meme1098
11-22-16, 03:18 PM
What does the beastbane display do?

Also what does the knights hall do?

Check the Inventory Guide link & Building link in SpiritWind's signature right above your post.

CuteTali
11-22-16, 03:24 PM
Check the Inventory Guide link & Building link in SpiritWind's signature right above your post.

Meh that's too much trouble. I was asking from people who already have these items and know what they do.