PDA

View Full Version : More battling please

cquinn32
10-06-14, 04:26 PM
Why can't the arena be open even when there isn't a tournament? At least let us battle for minimal coin and food bonuses (could use the practice also). It seems kinda silly that we have both an arena and a battlegrounds and can't use them except for a few days every so often.

SANDSCApe
10-10-14, 05:23 AM
I'm still cruising through the Terrorier curcuit in Satyr Sanctuary, and Forest Gump is still on the Troll circuit. I aim to finish Arena Tournaments within 3 days, but take a much more leisurely pace through the regular Battlegrounds.

What Cquinn is suggesting sounds like the arrangement we have in Dragon Story - battle as much as you want in the regular arena when no tournament is in progress. But in that game, the regular arena prize is replaced every month; one can easily miss out on the prize dragon, and players who start the game later have no shot at it. I like the fact that there is no urgency to work through each Battlegrounds region here in Fantasy Forest. The Sloth is still out there for players who are just starting to battle, and they don't have to worry that the Troll or Terrorier may be gone by the time they work their way through a couple regions.

The boss prizes in the Battlegrounds and Arena Tournaments could use a shot of innovation though. They are scarcely appealing to me since they copy the element type and rarity of breedable hybrids. The incentive to hatch the eggs is for the sake of one's collection in most cases. The 10 gems for hatching each Battleground boss is neat. It's baffling that we don't see a similar reward for hatching the Tournament boss. Nightmare offered a measly 3 gems. Seriously?! Owl Bear didn't even bother to throw us a goal.

I say keep the pace and work on the prizes. Like those bonus rounds of the Tournament (Rounds 15, 20 & 25), which offered only slightly better rewards during the Nightmare Tournament and but never varied from the regular rewards in the Owl Bear Tournament. As for rewards that barely cover the battle fee or fall short of it, SMH.

cquinn32
10-16-14, 08:09 AM
Earning pumpkins would be another good reason to have the arena open for business 24/7!!!

zenobia42
10-17-14, 08:49 AM
Earning pumpkins would be another good reason to have the arena open for business 24/7!!!

Yes! And based on what Sand shared in the event thread, the number of pumpkins required for prizes is pretty much the same as required in DS but in DS there are MANY more ways to get event items than we get. We need more pumpkin gathering opportunities!