PDA

View Full Version : WHAT??? LEVEL 5 Wizard school ONLY 10 minutes faster than level 4??

kristin_R
10-02-14, 09:45 PM
I'm really disappointed. I've waited a very long time to collect 70 spellbooks not to mention 300k, 6 enchanted blocks and 3 architect paste. None of those are the easiest items to come by. They all take several materials and hours to make. For all that effort and saving up I only get 10 energy every 4 hours 20 minutes for a level 5 wizard school instead of 9 energy every 4 hours 30 minutes with a level 4 wizard school?!? How exactly is that an upgrade when I could have put those items (except for the spellbooks) and the 300k to much better use elsewhere?

I've been looking forward to this day thinking I'd get 10 energy every 4 hours (even though it should be every 3 hours for lvl 5 school) but have been completely let down. This is my first and probably last posting for Castle Story as it is painfully obvious I am wasting my time and money. What should be awesome rewards for time and planning seem more like a cruel joke. ✋

ShibuyaCloth
10-03-14, 12:48 AM
The game requires time, that is obvious. If you want a quick shot, there are other games out there that provide this quick sensation. Building a dominion overnight is not possible.

Now in term of resources, yes the high level upgrades are costly, but they are meant to have some challenge. If you are a long time player, like me, you will find out that the cost for a L5 School is peanuts. Look at the like in my sig, there you will see what some of us are up to.

As for money, that is your call. I managed to get my dominion at full power without the help of real money. The game is made so that you can do without, but you need to sweat a little more.

PurpleScorpion76
10-03-14, 01:01 AM
Plus with the reduction you should get in an extra collection of energy when down to 4 hours 20.

kristin_R
10-03-14, 02:14 AM
I've played for over a year but can't check in 50+ times a day even if I wanted to. I don't have the kind of time you seem to have to play. Regardless, if the idea is to keep long time players interested, IMHO, the return on a level 5 wizard school isn't worth the supplies or time needed to craft them.

I was expressing disappointment but now I see that I'm clearly an impatient and selfish player for expecting a tad bit more. Thank you for taking me down a peg or two. Btw, I skimmed over your "unofficial goals for Experienced players" and if spending that kind of time playing this game means ill resort to maxing out everything for the hell of it then I should definitely find something else to do.

ShibuyaCloth
10-03-14, 03:20 AM
Well I don't want to be rude, just constructive. And you are not selfish.

If you cannot log in on a frequent base it is true that reaching the high level goals is not reasonable. The W-School L5 give 10 energy, which is a real boost. Regardless of the investment in resource to reach this level, it it worth the investment (best ROI for a building IMO). If you are an occasional player (login 2-3 times a day) it is real savior. I have that on my iPad, I use it once a day. Without the two schools at L5, I would be stalled forever. The big dessert walk in this game is probably between level 30 and 40. You have access to quests & goals that are insane challenging.

It is true that many players (esp. the younger generation) are used to the quick-and-play still, this game is definitively not this. Patience is key. Now not all goals/quests are long term, you have many quick rewards as well. The TL game designers do a great job to please every kind of player's style. Now whatever they do, there will be always someone to complain. The idea of upgrading buildings was to give some higher level players a challenge, if you are relatively new or without a high level dominion, it is really a pain, but as many things in this game, it is optional. Your call based on your play style.

My main dominion is on my iPhone, I have often a more time to log into the game. Also progress is faster. As I have to travel a lot, it gives time to appreciate and play often with the game.

kristin_R
10-04-14, 05:10 AM
Am I the only one who feels this way?? Bummer

ciarjen
10-04-14, 05:40 AM
Am I the only one who feels this way?? Bummer

No, you are not. There has been quite a lot of feedback lately about the fact that the level of rewards don't reflect the time/resources that go into getting them. Farm Story 2 is even worse for this......unfortunately, it seems a feature of the game and as players we can only give feedback and hope that it is taken into account.

On the Wizard School specifically, if you continue playing, I think you will find that you will see the benefit of the upgraded building in the long run.

PurpleScorpion76
10-04-14, 08:25 AM
I have 2 Wizard Schools and find them crucial to my daily collections. Especially with the agricultural shard collecting crops seems to take ages.