PDA

View Full Version : iOS 8 - problems with buttons responding

mengdacious
10-02-14, 02:57 PM
I've upgraded my phone (iPhone 5 original) to iOS 8 about a week ago and since then Bakery Story has had response time problems. I did not change any of my usage habits, I did not download more games or anything, and all my other games/apps run normally. So, it's ONLY Bakery Story that's affected.

So basically the Home/Main/and the Telephone buttons on top right to get to Neighbors screen are messed up. In that they take me 10 to 20 taps before they register and work. It's extremely frustrating when I'm trying to tip neighbors, as I have a lot of them and I tip everyday. The extra time it takes for me to tap 20 times to get the button to work adds up a lot. It's also random if it takes me 1 tap or 20 taps. I've observed over the week and discerned no pattern. Completely random, but always many, many taps. Interesting it doesn't affect when I tap to cook food, serve food, zoom in, leave tips, or add design. Those are normal one tap. Only Home/Main and the most annoying Telephone button now require me multiple taps before they register.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem or just me but it's driving me bonkers when I'm trying to tip. Hopefully it's fixable?

kooky panda
10-02-14, 04:02 PM
Have your tried updating to iOS 8.0.2? It seemed to help on a lot of my games.

geordieprogman
10-02-14, 04:15 PM
My daughter and I are both having the same problem. It's only since the upgrade to IOS 8 and hasn't got any better since updating to 8.0.2. It's pretty frustrating.

ElaineCarrel
10-02-14, 05:38 PM
I'm having the same problem w my iPad.

aiyoosha
10-02-14, 06:02 PM
i have ios8.0.2 but havent noticed any difference with any of my games, tho my keyboard is extremely slow when i type now.

mengdacious
10-02-14, 06:24 PM
Have your tried updating to iOS 8.0.2? It seemed to help on a lot of my games.

Yes, everything's up to date. Doesn't help me at all. :(

I see a few people who have the same problem as me. Glad it's not just my phone but, well, let's hope there's a fix.

josey12
10-06-14, 06:32 PM
I am also having the button problem. Please fix it, it's drving me crazy.
I am having trouble with my tips also. People are writing lmkwc on my wall but I'm not showing any tips on my tables.

Is anyone else having this problem since the update?

akairi97
10-06-14, 09:38 PM
I am also having the button problem. Please fix it, it's drving me crazy.
I am having trouble with my tips also. People are writing lmkwc on my wall but I'm not showing any tips on my tables.

Is anyone else having this problem since the update?

Yes. Im using IOS 8 also and the main button ( located at bottom left)
gets stuck and I have to tap it multiple times. I sent an email to the creators of bakery story about issue. I just hope they fix it soon

Ilovetodesign
10-08-14, 03:36 PM
If a Neighbor has done the update, would that cause a problem for me?
I am trying to send a gifts and things are not working right.
A message comes up on the screen, but disappears so fast. I can't see what the problem is.
Just keeps saying Processing or Loading in my list of Neighbors.

The only other thing that sometimes happens, and maybe it thinks I am in the wrong account or something,
when in a neighbors bakery and same thing on RS, the Goals pop up. Maybe it thinks that is my account?
With my past 2 Kindles, and just on RS, I noticed at times it started allowing me to move the stuff around
in my neighbors Restaurant.

athenageez
10-11-14, 12:13 PM
I am having the same problem since upgrading to iOS8. Primarily it's the Telephone and Main button. I've noticed that it's only a problem if either button is over an object, IE if there is a table/counter or other item directly behind the button then the tap seems to be selecting that item instead of the button. If I slide the screen around so that the Main or Telephone button are over a blank space of flooring, then there is no problem and the menu opens on the first tap.