PDA

View Full Version : How about taking the good things from dragon story not just the bad

flowless
10-02-14, 02:43 PM
since this game is starting slowly to be like a dragon story , how about taking the good features that dragon story have and not just the bad (evolution times changes and creating the balance )
some of the things was suggested before but we never heard if TL is considering implementing these changes or not

1- buying a new breeding den

2- I don't mind having the breeding den fixed in place , but how about adjusting the position to make it more central so we could utilize the space on both sides

3- previews (or teasers for the next updates )
u can see how every one was excited to spot the new supra rare in the battles

4- since TL fixated on not adding a wall to the game
How about a sticky note , it's hard to tell neighbors that iam on holiday please don't delete me yet

5- apples as additional gifts ( doesn't have to be much ) but it would improve the social aspect if the game

Do you you guys this games as successful as dragon story ?
What do you think of original ideas that would make this game interesting ?

And as always I say

Happy costumes are buying customers

arikatu
10-02-14, 03:48 PM
Rather than buying a new Breeding Den and using up more of limited habitat space, it was suggested before to create addition "spaces" (like in Dragon Story, which could be bought with - you guessed it - gems). THIS IS GOOD. IT IS A GENERALLY LIKED IDEA. (Right?) And I like the additional gifts options. For those of you that play Castle Story, that aspect works really well in the game, right? Granted it's been a while since I've played, haha. I generally like to stick to one "story," but that doesn't mean I haven't tried some out for a fair amount of time. And about the fourth suggestion, I bet flowless is right in figuring that we REALLY would still like a way to communicate with neighbors: so maybe why not let us at the very least leave a message on our profile or something? It could appear as a banner when our forest is visited. That has its problems too, sure. But you (TL Staff) have got to meet us halfway somewhere.

As for flowless' third proposition, I totally agree. I was just discussing this with a friend recently: telling us about when changes will be made, and what those changes would pertain would be a nice heads-up and cushion the shock and possible outrage. Giving us an idea or outline of what the development team has in store for FFS would be a smart and positive show of initiative on TeamLava's part (and would reflect VERY well), and I'm sure we - as your customers - would appreciate being clued in. Game companies always give an announcement of when updates will be occurring, and inform their customers of what changes can be expected. Isn't it normal to give us a notice about these kinds of things? If you're going to try something out and experiment on us, please, at the very least, let us know in advance. You, the staff, saw the reactions when you rolled out the update for the extended evolution times. It wasn't pretty, right? A confused player noticed it first, and looked for answers from TeamLava, of who's response seemed terribly automated and vague. Are you guys just not allowed to discuss these kinds of things with us? But you must be allowed to give us forewarning: since the update is going to happen anyway. So wouldn't it be in both of our best interests to perhaps make an announcement BEFORE the update occurs? Even an hour would make a difference. Show us that you ARE on top of things. You ARE listening to us.

Speaking of, in terms of the forums, I think you guys (TL Staff) should really have some kind of thread/announcement system that addresses the issues brought up by the players. A lot of them bring up very valid points and provide constructive feedback and criticism. Show us that you're listening. Maybe you don't take care of things right away, you have other plans, fine. But what's wrong in letting us know? Instead of the generic "thank you for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from you. Make sure you follow forum rules and that what you provide is constructive." Show US some CONSTRUCTIVE response to these problems and suggestions. Great to know it's appreciated, now please show how you guys plan on doing something about it.

---

EDIT: In regards to being notified before updates happen, I'm noticing that other forums do, in fact, do that (I'm looking at you, Castle Story). So maybe it's just this sub-forum that isn't as on top of things. This is a really, really easy issue to deal with.

BlueCanary
10-03-14, 11:08 AM
I like all of these ideas.

I'd really like smaller high level farms. I don't see why the good farms have to be so enormous. Its not a big problem at the moment really, but in a matured game like DS they really take up far too much room. Why not do something about it before it becomes an issue? Maybe even one farm with a food queue, like the crafting buildings in FS2

I'd love to see previews like Castle Story, and have some way of telling neighbours when I'm on vacation. More reasons to actually have neighbours would be nice too. Maybe more coins/visit as you level up, or craftable things so you can ask for parts.

I really would like another nest, maybe we can upgrade the tree's appearance (to have two nests) with gems, or as a quest.

Silvertoaster
10-05-14, 10:43 AM
I really like all these ideas too. Especially the smaller high level farms and more room to expand!

I would looove to upgrade my tree to have 2 nests instead of 1, that's an awesome idea!

For the Sticky note idea, maybe it could appear beside the name as you see it like:
Stormie's Forest – Have a nice day!

Or something. Just a one line short note you can leave as a greeting or notification for people who visit. I actually don't mind not having a wall (personally) because I don't end up checking it that often in Dragon Story, but it would be nice to be able to leave little messages for neighbors and people who visit.

flowless
10-18-14, 01:47 AM
Thanx for every one who contributed in the thread

TL it would nice to know if ur going to take any suggestion and make it work

wildhearts20
11-04-14, 02:56 PM
I agree, i really wish the farms weren't so big. There's so little space to decorate as it is.

flowless
11-22-14, 07:35 AM
Would love to hear feedback from TL

Are they considering new nest or moving the breeding den ?

Am not looking to hear a specific time

Just if it's something they are planing to do or not

blarman
12-04-14, 04:56 PM
All of these are really good ideas. I played Dragon Story for a long time and finally gave it up because there was no real change to the game other than the additions of new and even more absurd "dragons" (Come on - dino dragons? Really?)

Here are a couple more of my own that I added to the Dragon Story ideas list that I'll re-post here:
1) Upgradeable habitat storage. Allow people to use coins (or gems) to upgrade the coin capacity on their habitats. And really, what's the point in making any of the basic habitats cost more or store more than the others? Seriously, it's pointless - all you're doing is telling the more savvy players to only build the earth-level habitats to stuff their creatures in while abandoning all their fire habitats. Dumb. I don't care if you want to make a combo habitat like the night or electricity ones a step up, but all the basic ones should be the same cost and have the same coin cap.

2) List the creature's rarity in the Album. Really. This is brain dead simple and should have been included all along.

3) I like how the battles now give you a random chance at money, food, or gems and that they now have a point (working up to specific rare creatures). Great job. Now you just need to fix the battle dynamics. There is no way a level 1 creature should be beating a level 10. Make it so that a creature's toughness is based on 1) level and 2) rarity, with a strength against certain domains and a weakness against others. Come on. If Pokemon could figure it out, you can at least copy them. This was the exact same ridiculous/arbitrary nonsense that made me bail out on Dragon Story. I can accept the fantastical elements, but there is a limit to how much I allow you to just toy with me before I move on.

4) You've made great improvements in mining. This works well and has a real purpose - which it didn't have at all in Dragon Story. One thing - can you soften or remove the pseudo-border and make it very clear where mining is possible? (I'm referring specifically to the lower left edge, which looks like it isn't really part of the active area).

5) Good job on adjusting the creature leveling. One of the biggest frustrations in Dragon Story was waiting for the Evolution chamber. That was the constant bottleneck and there was just no way to clear it. This one flows MUCH better. Thank you! I also like how you forced all the dragons to reach a "juvenile" stage before they could breed. I made that suggestion in the original as well, and I wholeheartedly approve. I also like the level capping at 15 instead of just 10, but where I'm going to get the food for those extra levels is beyond me.

BlueCanary
12-14-14, 09:16 AM
I really do feel like this game has taken some huge steps back from Dragon Story. The game looks nicer, and has some of the nice DS features, but in DS you could move everything, and buy additional nests and it really is quite frustrating to not have either of those options here.

Mimbiville
12-16-14, 07:56 PM
I would like to second the suggestion for listing a creature's rarity in the album and the information pop-up that appears when feeding the creatures. This could be text or some sort of graphic like a star for each level of rarity or a different border. In addition to this, some form of sorting for the album would be very nice, such as sort by rarity, element or level.

flowless
12-17-14, 05:12 AM
I would like to second the suggestion for listing a creature's rarity in the album and the information pop-up that appears when feeding the creatures. This could be text or some sort of graphic like a star for each level of rarity or a different border. In addition to this, some form of sorting for the album would be very nice, such as sort by rarity, element or level.

I like sorting the album
Maybe from strongest element to the weakest or opposite
Like unicorn hybrids - then electrical - dark etc

It's so random in the album
But not really complaining

My top priority to know
If there are plans to move the breeding den one secure to the left
An extra nest
Is there future crafting feature I don't want it really keep my duplicates

I hope one day TL would give us some answers
Even if it's a short one like ( no )
I rather know than wonder :)

Hannah396
12-06-15, 08:57 PM
I would like to receive more explosives for moving the egg to the nest, etc. We get so few. I currently need 70 runes to expand. It seems Dragon Story is more reasonable, because we can ask for maps. I understand, not wanting to include the whole neighbor thing on this game. But then we need to get expansions more quickly. It takes forever. I can't buy the cool habitats that come out because I can't get enough bombs to mine and to expand. I won't be able to participate in the storybook extras beyond a certain point either. I don't have room for more animals.

blueangel54321
01-02-16, 08:38 AM
I agree, i really wish the farms weren't so big. There's so little space to decorate as it is.

I wish for the same thing! I would love to have more creative freedom in the game.

Shewolf1953
01-13-16, 06:13 PM
My suggestion is the same as Hannah396...there has to be a faster way to get realm ruins...I have so many animals in storage and can't keep up with expansion...also have had to sell some of my lvl 15 animals such as Frostfang and Rock Rhino to make room for new animals...there must be a better way to get realm runes faster...please consider an alternative!!

Shewolf1953
01-14-16, 09:47 AM
This would be an ideal place to put the breeding den...more privacy for breeding dragons and more room down below for another island!! On the realm rune front...maybe we could get realm runes for visiting our neighbours (1 RR per 5 neighbours visited) or maybe we could watch videos for realm runes!!