PDA

View Full Version : Castle Update 10/2/15: Fellora Plants

[S8] Buttercup
10-02-14, 12:03 PM
Hi All!

This week's update introduces a new crop, Fellora Plants, available to players level 31 and higher to grow at their farming plots. The seeds for these crops originally belonged to Lady Greselda, so in addition to dropping Fellora Blossoms, they have a chance of dropping Dark Seeds and Glimmer Plants.

The first two quests, introducing the crop, are available to everyone who has finished Lesson 3. For players who have completed Start of Something Beautiful and built Faerie Workshops, there are two more quests that unlock crafts that allow the transformation of Glimmer Shards to Glimmer Fragments, and vice versa.

Have fun, everyone!

zenobia42
10-02-14, 12:06 PM
AND a fourth week in a row mid-level players don't get a new quest. (By mid-level, I mean players like myself in the 30's and 40's levels, who have been playing more than 6 months but still not even CLOSE to Ivy's Lesson 3.) Bummer. Have fun, those of you advanced enough to play. :)

edit(KP) - Additional information

This week's Goals will be accessible as long as you're level 31+ and you have "Lesson Three" complete from this update: Castle Story: 06/05 Update Three Lessons For Ivy. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69374-Castle-Story-06-05-Update-Three-Lessons-For-Ivy&highlight=persuasion)

Care and Feeding
Plant 10 Fellora Plants at 2,800 coins each (2 days to grow)
Give 10 fertilizer

Room to Grow
Tend to 5 White Trillium
Give 20 Fellora Blossoms to Greselda

The Transformation Tonic
Brew the Transformation Tonic 0/2 (Brew)

New Item in Potion Shop
Transformation Tonic (2 hours)
5 Fellora Blossoms
3 Glimmer Dust
3 Water

Practical Applications
Make Glimmer Shards 0/1 (make them in Faerie Workshop)

New Item in Faerie Workshop
Glimmer Shards (4 hours)
3 Glimmer Fragments
1 Transformation Tonic
5 Glimmerbulb

Finishing quest unlock at Faerie Workshop
Glimmer Fragments (4 hours)
3 Glimmer Shards
1 Transformation Tonic
5 Faerie's Murmur

quest finish after this

brandonu
10-02-14, 12:08 PM
Transferrring glimmer shards to glimmer fragments (and vice versa) is a pretty cool addition. Mine are pretty even now, but I know a lot of people have a big imbalance.

iAyun
10-02-14, 12:09 PM
Buttercup;975888']
This week's update introduces a new crop, Fellora Plants, available to players level 31 and higher. The seeds for these crops originally belonged to Lady Greselda, so in addition to dropping Fellora Blossoms, they have a chance of dropping Dark Seeds and Glimmer Plants.

Your info seems ambiguous.. Which building drops Fellora Blossoms? Greselda's Dark Garden? Greselda's Castle? Greenhouse? or something else??

MiniLaura
10-02-14, 12:11 PM
Your info seems ambiguous.. Which building drops Fellora Blossoms? Greselda's Dark Garden? Greselda's Castle? Greenhouse? or something else??

It's a crop. You plant it. They take 2 days to grow.

Castloninian

It's a new crop, i.e you need to plant them and harvest them. Cost 2,800, return 4,450, takes two days.

reliquary
Woah!! Two days to grow them!....!

I can't seem to plant enough cabbage and sugar for adventures
I'd need like 20 more plots

Tiggerddh
Where are the seeds found?

MiniLaura
10-02-14, 12:12 PM
Where are the seeds found?

tap on a plot (farming plot) and scroll to the bottom

brandonu
10-02-14, 12:15 PM
Plant 20 Fellora Plants at 2,800 coins each (2 days to grow)
Give 10 fertilizer

Tend to 5 White Trillium

iAyun
10-02-14, 12:16 PM
It's a crop. You plant it. They take 2 days to grow.
OOo.. Thank your for your info.. :D
IMHO, the correct word is not 'to dropping Fellora Blossoms' but 'to harvest Fellora Blossoms'.. :p

PurpleScorpion76
10-02-14, 12:17 PM
AND a fourth week in a row mid-level players don't get a new quest. (By mid-level, I mean players like myself in the 30's and 40's levels, who have been playing more than 6 months but still not even CLOSE to Ivy's Lesson 3.) Bummer. Have fun, those of you advanced enough to play. :)

Here here!

kudukuda
10-02-14, 12:18 PM
Plant 20 Fellora Plants at 2,800 coins each (2 days to grow)
Give 10 fertilizer

Tend to 5 White Trillium
It costs 40 gems to skip the give, and 44 gems each to grow the plants faster. Either way... See you in 2 days. Ha ha ha

PurpleScorpion76
10-02-14, 12:19 PM

Actually I've just harvested and looked at the plant options and it's not greyed out. Think we can play :)

iAyun
10-02-14, 12:19 PM
It costs 40 gems to skip the give, and 44 gems each to grow the plants faster. Either way... See you in 2 days. Ha ha ha
See ya.. :p
Before that, make sure you plant at least 20... :D

MiniLaura
10-02-14, 12:20 PM
OOo.. Thank your for your info.. :D
IMHO, the correct word is not 'to dropping Fellora Blossoms' but 'to harvest Fellora Blossoms'.. :p

I think what Buttercup means is that when you harvest the Fellora crop, you will get Fellora Blossoms AND possibly dark seeds and dark plants. So harvesting results in "drops" of blossoms and maybe other stuff.

brandonu
10-02-14, 12:21 PM

I'm saving up for a Barracks so every gem counts! No speeding for me.

meme1098
10-02-14, 12:24 PM
Wow...2 days Huh?! Ok, I'm gonna have to chuck something I just planted this morning and harvest what I can with energy I have.

QueenCarolyn
10-02-14, 12:25 PM
See ya.. :p
Before that, at least make sure you plant at least 20... :D

Yes, it asks you to plant 10 plants, but then the next step asks for 20 blossoms. So, just in case they give 1 blossom per plant, I would also suggest planting 20.

silveryedges
10-02-14, 12:28 PM
Buttercup;975888']Hi All!

[...] so in addition to dropping Fellora Blossoms, they have a chance of dropping Dark Seeds and Glimmer Plants.

[...] there are two more quests that unlock crafts that allow the transformation of Glimmer Shards to Glimmer Fragments, and vice versa.

Have fun, everyone!

That's fantastic! Thank you so much. Exactly what many players have been waiting for. :)

silveryedges
10-02-14, 12:29 PM
Yes, it asks you to plant 10 plants, but then the next step asks for 20 blossoms. So, just in case they give 1 blossom per plant, I would also suggest planting 20.

That's some great advise. Thank you! I would not have thought of that...

zenobia42
10-02-14, 12:33 PM
Actually I've just harvested and looked at the plant options and it's not greyed out. Think we can play :)

We can plant them, but it would be a waste of 2 days since we don't have the quest. :(

cityfan
10-02-14, 12:34 PM
Woohoo!! Finally.....

sunnygirl634
10-02-14, 12:35 PM
We can plant them, but it would be a waste of 2 days since we don't have the quest. :(

Not necessarily. You can build up your supply. Step 1 only requires you plant 10. Step 2 requires you to give 20 blossoms. So if you already have 20 blossoms in your stock before you get to this, then you can complete step 2 immediately after you finish step 1, without having to wait for 20 blossoms to grow.

roguebee
10-02-14, 12:35 PM

I had the same thought (and fear). I could just picture in 2 days having 10 blossoms from the 10 plants and having to wait another 2 days to continue.

Queenzod
10-02-14, 12:38 PM
I wonder if you're maxed out on dark seeds whether or not you can collect seeds from the fellora plants once they ripen?

paisdelasmaravillas
10-02-14, 12:41 PM
Yes, a lot of time

xanethi
10-02-14, 12:41 PM
I just planted 20 of them so guess we Will see in two days:) not much story progress here but since i still work on sister, sister all Dark seeds/ plants are very welcome so still a good update.
The two day wait might be ok but depends a Lot on the droprate

mikado86
10-02-14, 12:42 PM
Care and Feeding
Plant Fellora Plants 0/10 (you actually plant them, in soil, like corn, 2800 gold, 2 days)
Add Fertilizer to your plants 0/10 (give 10 fertilizer)

Room to Grow
Tend your White Trillium 0/5 (tend them)
Give Fellora Blossoms to Greselda 0/20 (Give)

The Transformation Tonic

new Item in Potion Shop
5 Fellora Blossoms
3 Glimmer Dust
3 Water

Practical Applications

new Item in Faerie Workshop
Glimmer Shards (4 hours)
3 Glimmer Fragments
1 Transformation Tonic
5 Glimmerbulb

finishing quest unlock at Faerie Workshop
3 Glimmer Shards
1 Transformation Tonic
5 Faerie's Murmur

quest finish after this

Anyuszko
10-02-14, 12:44 PM

20 would be not enough. You have to give them to Greselda. And next step should need more, check the unlocked recipes in potion shop and fairy workhop. I plant 30.

zenobia42
10-02-14, 12:47 PM
Not necessarily. You can build up your supply. Step 1 only requires you plant 10. Step 2 requires you to give 20 blossoms. So if you already have 20 blossoms in your stock before you get to this, then you can complete step 2 immediately after you finish step 1, without having to wait for 20 blossoms to grow.

When I get close to the point that will trigger this quest I will probably do that. But right now that's looking like it's a month or more away so there are a lot of other things higher on my list of what to stock up on. But thanks for the thought. :)

Anyuszko
10-02-14, 12:47 PM
That's fantastic! Thank you so much. Exactly what many players have been waiting for. :)

Not sure. Transforming may cost a lot. I dont think ill do it after quest completed.

silveryedges
10-02-14, 12:48 PM
20 would be not enough. You have to give them to Greselda. And next step should need more, check the unlocked recipes in potion shop and fairy workhop. I plant 30.

Actually we need 32 blossoms. 20 to give to Greselda, 2x5 for the potion and 2x1 for turning shards into fragments and vice versa.

Mylania
10-02-14, 12:50 PM
Thanks for this update TL. Even though I finished Sister Sister a few weeks ago (with no Fortune tent!) I know many others will love a source of dark seeds, and we all need glimmer bits. I can't wait to transform some of my 70 fragments into shards, of which I currently have 6. Well, guess I can wait 2 days for the seeds to grow.

Anyuszko
10-02-14, 12:53 PM
Actually we need 32 blossoms. 20 to give to Greselda, 2x5 for the potion and 2x1 for turning shards into fragments and vice versa.

I think no. Mikado typed wrong. For transforming, you need not a blossom but a new type potion (that we had to craft before). I saw the new locked recipes.

silveryedges
10-02-14, 12:54 PM
Not sure. Transforming may cost a lot. I dont think ill do it after quest completed.

This will probably be more attractive to people who do not have the log fortune available yet or anymore. For instance I have a considerable imbalance between 18 shards to 90+ fragments. Still I can always chop some logs. But those blossoms seem to be attractive enough to always have some growing, with them dropping such interesting rewards.

silveryedges
10-02-14, 12:57 PM
I think no. Mikado typed wrong. For transforming, you need not a blossom but a new type potion (that we had to craft before). I saw the new locked recipes.

Ok thank you for pointing that out. I had not seen those recipes. Sorry.

Anyuszko
10-02-14, 12:58 PM
This will probably be more attractive to people who do not have the log fortune available yet or anymore. For instance I have a considerable imbalance between 18 shards to 90+ fragments. Still I can always chop some logs. But those blossoms seem to be attractive enough to always have some growing, with them dropping such interesting rewards.

Ye but since all transforming needs a new type potion (=5 blossom 44hrs..) it is too expensive for timing to wait. Instead, i chop logs and let my fragments was te over 99

Anyuszko
10-02-14, 01:00 PM
Ok thank you for pointing that out. I had not seen those recipes. Sorry.

No need to sorry :) for upgrade i let my crafting houses open, thats why i would be able to see them

Actually if you have nothing running in F.workshkp and potion shop you can check

glimmergate
10-02-14, 01:06 PM

Next week!

silveryedges
10-02-14, 01:11 PM
No need to sorry :) for upgrade i let my crafting houses open, thats why i would be able to see them

Actually if you have nothing running in F.workshkp and potion shop you can check

I've just collected my crafted goods and now I can see the locked recipes. Thanks :)

vontalken
10-02-14, 01:20 PM
I really like this update and the last update for that matter. This helps balance a lot of the current tensions and opens up new avenues for the various quests over the past few months. Glimmer bits and fragments can be interchanged with this. Fairy supplies can be gotten in higher quantities. I even like the new crop graphic and fairy bridge graphic. I look forward to what the new parts and pieces can be used for.

katbtodd
10-02-14, 01:38 PM
Now we need more garden plots to keep up with every thing

dala12
10-02-14, 01:47 PM
Well I see you over two days! Planted more then 20! Just for fun! But it is a lot that I must do now! I must finish the sister sister and I bought a second fairy workshop. But cannot finish it because of the quest that suddenly appeared...ah well love it!

ryusei745
10-02-14, 02:00 PM
whoo! thank you for a crop that gives us chances at extra dark seeds and plants! im only on the first plant trade and struggling with it, this should make it much easier though!

ps: now if we could just get an increase on how many plots we could have... lol

PurpleScorpion76
10-02-14, 02:03 PM
Next week!

Woop woop! Yippee!!!

moon331
10-02-14, 02:09 PM
Next week!
Hey, glimmergate.

Do you know when we could have our next expansion? Thx!

meme1098
10-02-14, 02:56 PM
Next week!

Oh...it's glimmergate!!!! We were afraid you were abducted by aliens, got lost on the faerie bridge or maybe even something worse!!!
Welcome back!!!

ginourmous
10-02-14, 02:58 PM
Hey, glimmergate.

I agree, we are getting lots of cool building but nowhere to put them. When I try to show people my kingdom and tell them it's a cool game and they should play it... It looks terrible to show a kingdom with building on top of building that looks terrible and try to convinced people to play. I always get the same question... Why don't you build into the woods and make it all nice..?? So, please tell the Faeries to give some of the land up for all the stuff we do for them. ;-)

CLOVERKAITO
10-02-14, 03:07 PM
in addition to dropping Fellora Blossoms, they have a chance of dropping Dark Seeds and Glimmer Plants.

This is absolutely wonderful. Thank you for giving us something to make the Sister, Sister goal less dreadful! :o

Jennerwein1
10-02-14, 03:17 PM

Am with zenobia42. This is getting boring. So thanx for nothing TL, I'll be keeping my gems, but wish all the "qualifying" players good luck and lots of fun. To me it is almost not worth checking for updates on Thursday anymore.

This week's Goals will be accessible as long as you're level 31+ and you have "Lesson Three" complete from this update: Castle Story: 06/05 Update Three Lessons For Ivy. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69374-Castle-Story-06-05-Update-Three-Lessons-For-Ivy&highlight=persuasion)

Care and Feeding
Give 10 fertilizer

Room to Grow
Tend to 5 White Trillium

The Transformation Tonic

New Item in Potion Shop
5 Fellora Blossoms
3 Glimmer Dust
3 Water

Practical Applications

Glimmer Shards (4 hours)
3 Glimmer Fragments
1 Transformation Tonic
5 Glimmerbulb

3 Glimmer Shards
1 Transformation Tonic
5 Faerie's Murmur

quest finish after this
Am with zenobia42. This is getting boring. So thanx for nothing TL, I'll be keeping my gems, but wish all the "qualifying" players good luck and lots of fun. To me it is almost not worth checking for updates on Thursday anymore.

Rockylandia
10-02-14, 03:50 PM
I understand people's frustration if they cannot play the updates, but remember that TL does need to continue the storyline. Otherwise, you will soon reach the end and be like the level 50 players with no quests left and nothing to do but wait around for the next Thursday update. Mid-level players have multiple quests and there is lots for them to do - it's frustrating when you run out of things to do, so you're fortunate that TL is setting up more quest lines for you to do down the line!

GC5410
10-02-14, 04:01 PM
I understand people's frustration if they cannot play the updates, but remember that TL does need to continue the storyline. Otherwise, you will soon reach the end and be like the level 50 players with no quests left and nothing to do but wait around for the next Thursday update. Mid-level players have multiple quests and there is lots for them to do - it's frustrating when you run out of things to do, so you're fortunate that TL is setting up more quest lines for you to do down the line!

Interesting....

I'm currently level 47, but I've been one of those players "with no quests left and nothing to do but wait around for the next Thursday update" since I was level 39!

glimmergate
10-02-14, 04:01 PM
Hey, glimmergate.

SOON. OK, well, not SUPER soon. But definitely like, it's on our calendar. And that's all I can say for now.

glimmergate
10-02-14, 04:03 PM
Oh...it's glimmergate!!!! We were afraid you were abducted by aliens, got lost on the faerie bridge or maybe even something worse!!!
Welcome back!!!

I never left! But I've been terribly busy... holiday season is coming up! Hoping you all enjoy the next few months of updates :D

GC5410
10-02-14, 04:06 PM
I didn't realise so many people had such a great imbalance of glimmer fragments/shards! I have 9 of one and 3 of the other and I don't think there's ever been more than a 10 difference between the two. I currently have 19/20 for sister sister and did use the log fortune (although I moved past it when I got to 16/20 as I was bored of chopping logs and had amassed enough materials to finish sister sister at a non-tedious rate anyway).

SpiritWind00
10-02-14, 04:21 PM
Interesting....

I'm currently level 47, but I've been one of those players "with no quests left and nothing to do but wait around for the next Thursday update" since I was level 39!

You are moving fast! .. are you doing this goal? Or doing/finished the faerie goals, ie the tea party, worshop and bridge? If not, then you've missed something. And you've got the Goddess Tree, Upgraded maze too? And done all the new troll things?

stmarymead
10-02-14, 04:44 PM
I only have the Sister Sister and Adamant goals left, and the game hasn't triggered the new quest narrative. I saw the new plants, so I just went ahead and planted them, but I'm wonder if I did it for nothing. Is anyone having the same problem?

Seriously700
10-02-14, 05:15 PM
Now we need more garden plots to keep up with every thing
Yes!! Just this week I added 12 more plots, maxing out. With the plume hive adventure, I am always planting cocoa, sugar, wheat and cabbage. I decided not to plant all 30 of the new plants that I need for these quests since I want the space to continue growing other crops. I planted half so I will need 4 full days of growing time.

meme1098
10-02-14, 05:24 PM
I only have the Sister Sister and Adamant goals left, and the game hasn't triggered the new quest narrative. I saw the new plants, so I just went ahead and planted them, but I'm wonder if I did it for nothing. Is anyone having the same problem?

Have you finished the faerie workshop & bridge already?

vednir
10-02-14, 06:20 PM
This week's update is basically an admission by the designers that:

1. Their long-term goals are driving down player morale, player involvement and therefore company revenue.
2. They thought they could get people to play every 2 hours farming a single drop building (i.e. the Glimmergate) to get a chance at a rare drop to complete a long-term goal (Sister, Sister) within a 3 month time frame which turned out to be a vast underestimate since you simply can't force people to play every 2 hours. Instead they'll play as much as they can for a while, then the majority will simply get frustrated and delete your app.
3. Instead of admitting and fixing the underlying problem they're looking at this as another chance to monetize the solution by hopefully inspiring their waning playerbase to spend money while completing this new relatively shorter solution to their initial miscalculation.

stmarymead
10-02-14, 09:03 PM
Have you finished the faerie workshop & bridge already?

Yes. I have the faerie workshop and the bridge. I think it must be a glitch, no?

dalechristel
10-02-14, 09:03 PM
So let's get this straight...
People want goals that are
A. Available to everyone (this makes no sense if we are completing a story)
B. Easy enough to complete in a day or two. (Why? Don't you want something to keep you busy for awhile?)
Personally, I wish they would add more goals like the sister sister goal. It took about two months for me to complete (with help from ivy's fortunes) and kept me involved more than any other goal to date. I'd love to see another optional caravan goal that would use up building supplies. I'm Maxed out on almost everything now (including enchanted and ornate items) so my workshops sit idle most of the time. I haven't spent any money on the game either.
I love this game and it's disappointing to see people complaining about things.

xanethi
10-02-14, 09:18 PM
You are moving fast! .. are you doing this goal? Or doing/finished the faerie goals, ie the tea party, worshop and bridge? If not, then you've missed something. And you've got the Goddess Tree, Upgraded maze too? And done all the new troll things?

I was Around level 39 too when i ran out of quests except sister, sister ( that im still working on). Only other quests i got is the Weekly updates - and been a while since i could not finish Them in one week. Dont understand the mid level player frustration as i always felt i had lots to do up till level 39'ish

SpiritWind00
10-02-14, 09:35 PM
I was one of the players that went from Level 30 straight to level 46 when the levels increased, so yes, I can see how you would be up to date. I agree with you about mid levelled players. There is heaps to do and look forward to. living week to week is just as hard isn't it.

Can't wait for the 2 days to be up. In the mean time, building stock levels. Sounds like the next 'event' might start next week, so craft, craft, craft! Happy gaming! :)

CLOVERKAITO
10-02-14, 11:48 PM
So let's get this straight...
People want goals that are
A. Available to everyone (this makes no sense if we are completing a story)
B. Easy enough to complete in a day or two. (Why? Don't you want something to keep you busy for awhile?)
Personally, I wish they would add more goals like the sister sister goal. It took about two months for me to complete (with help from ivy's fortunes) and kept me involved more than any other goal to date. I'd love to see another optional caravan goal that would use up building supplies. I'm Maxed out on almost everything now (including enchanted and ornate items) so my workshops sit idle most of the time. I haven't spent any money on the game either.
I love this game and it's disappointing to see people complaining about things.

Seconded, except for more Sister Sister goal. While I do occasionally complain but I haven't thought about deleting this game at all and I have been playing for over a year. I think this one is the most interesting game out of the storm8 games there is (which majority of them I simply deleted instead of wasting time complaining about them).

Good for you for completing Sister Sister in merely two months! I completely missed the forum posts about Ivy's fortune so I only got 1 log's worth of glimmer items, and I'm still totally regretting about not reading the forum properly. I only have 12 inscriptions right now but I have put Sister Sister on hold ever since the faerie update two weeks ago. Sister Sister is really taking a bit too long to complete... hopefully the new fellora plant has promising ratio of dark seeds and glimmer plants drops. I'm getting quite sick of seeing that goal in the book lol.

And I haven't spent money either. :rolleyes:

hugpete
10-03-14, 01:33 AM
Thrilled to have another source for dark seeds!!! Planting some flora Ben though the quests aren't available for me yet. It will help me get to that point. Yay!! :)

Jennerwein1
10-03-14, 03:34 AM
For me as a level 38 player the fun in completing weekly updates has been that I was playing with people on the forum. The regular goals are a rather solitary pursuit. Also the weekly updates break up the monotony that can come with week- or monthlong quests.

PurpleScorpion76
10-03-14, 05:03 AM
For me as a level 38 player the fun in completing weekly updates has been that I was playing with people on the forum. The regular goals are a rather solitary pursuit. Also the weekly updates break up the monotony that can come with week- or monthlong quests.

Yep when I joined this forum I was at the very beginning of the game, I enjoy getting the updates when they do come along to my game, I suppose it's catch 22 in wanting the game to continue further up the line to getting a couple of updates a month to be able to join in the fun.

But on topic, I am also glad to be given an opportunity to get ahead a little if the game to be able to grab a few dark plants etc along the way, that is if they drop for me.

roguebee
10-03-14, 06:49 AM
I just rearranged my kingdom some to create space for an 8 plot farm that I plan to dedicate to the fellora plants. Don't want to tie up the regular farm, but I figure I'll need to stock up on the blossoms for future updates.

dragon2046
10-03-14, 07:00 AM
Love the update. Can't wait to see what we will be able to use the new plants for. Very excited about the holiday updates they are always great. Thanks TL. :)

Betsy0923
10-03-14, 07:06 AM
Thx TL for all of the updates. I am level 50 - still working on Sister,Sister and upgrade Wizard School to level 5, in addition to the last 2 updates (fairie workshop and fellora blossoms). I get so busy I forget it is even Thurs until someone interesting pops up ! For a while all I had was Sister, Sister. This is much better!!

Hawisa
10-03-14, 07:14 AM
i agree that a lot of these are unavailable to a certain level of players. i've been playing for 7 mths and am level 41 but there are a lot of goals I am not even close to. Right now I have only one goal (to improve the troll castle) so it's boring. Too often there is a catch 22, e.g. I need more royal points to expand to a lot of areas, but cannot purchase items which give those points until I "level up".....the game has been telling me this for about 5 levels now, so I don't get what I'm supposed to do. So y'all have fun w/fhe fellora plants 😁

I mean players like myself in the 30's and 40's levels, who have been playing more than 6 months but still not even CLOSE to Ivy's Lesson 3.) Bum fun, those of you advanced enough to play. :)

Care and Feeding
Give 10 fertilizer

Room to Grow
Tend to 5 White Trillium

The Transformation Tonic

New Item in Potion Shop
5 Fellora Blossoms
3 Glimmer Dust
3 Water

Practical Applications

Glimmer Shards (4 hours)
3 Glimmer Fragments
1 Transformation Tonic
5 Glimmerbulb

3 Glimmer Shards
1 Transformation Tonic
5 Faerie's Murmur

quest finish after this[/QUOTE]

kooky panda
10-03-14, 07:36 AM
Guys, the thread is going off topic. Please stay on topic of the new Fellora Plants quest.

Thanks!

GaSaKaDa
10-03-14, 08:17 AM
I couldn't wait for 2 days so I've used a few gems on a Fellora plant......it's so pretty, can't wait to have a full farm of them, thanks TL

pattipenguin
10-03-14, 11:10 AM
I couldn't wait for 2 days so I've used a few gems on a Fellora plant......it's so pretty, can't wait to have a full farm of them, thanks TL

How many blooms did you get per plant?

meme1098
10-03-14, 01:49 PM
I accidently sped up one plot and got 1 fellora blossom & 3 dark seeds. Fat Finger Syndrome at its finest.
So probably a good idea to have planted 32 plots. They really look pretty in their 2nd day of growth. I might have to keep a few growing all the time.

pattipenguin
10-03-14, 02:28 PM
Thank you, meme1098!

ginourmous
10-03-14, 02:30 PM
I accidently sped up one plot and got 1 fellora blossom & 3 dark seeds. Fat Finger Syndrome at its finest.
So probably a good idea to have planted 32 plots. They really look pretty in their 2nd day of growth. I might have to keep a few growing all the time.

I did the same with my little fingers... This is crazy... 42 gems for a stupid flower. I hate the gem trap like this. Who would pay 42 gems to get 1 flower, makes no sense and the gem trap should stop!!!!

meme1098
10-03-14, 02:36 PM
I did the same with my little fingers... This is crazy... 42 gems for a stupid flower. I hate the gem trap like this. Who would pay 42 gems to get 1 flower, makes no sense and the gem trap should stop!!!!

My misstep cost me 30 something gems. Pretty frustrating since I haven't done that in a really long time. Tapping to fast will get you in trouble every time.

GC5410
10-03-14, 05:33 PM

Sorry, I should have said "with the exception of last week's goals", but yes, I'm doing this goal and up until the faerie workshop goal, I've been waiting for each new set of goals each week for many months now (so yes, I have the tree, maze etc. etc. and all my buildings/items are fully upgraded). I also wasn't including Sister Sister in that though (will finish that in the next few days though).

I wouldn't say I was moving that fast though - I've had this game for almost 18 months.

orleansparish
10-04-14, 12:08 AM
What is Ivys lesson 3? I'm still on the workshop goal, just sent for my first trade. Does this come after this is built or the fairie bridge section, if someone can tell me please?

I'm close to just throwing gems at the workshop because there is no way I can make all that's needed to do the trade before 2015 ends.

SpiritWind00
10-04-14, 01:36 AM
What is Ivys lesson 3? I'm still on the workshop goal, just sent for my first trade. Does this come after this is built or the fairie bridge section, if someone can tell me please?

I'm close to just throwing gems at the workshop because there is no way I can make all that's needed to do the trade before 2015 ends.

Lessons for Ivy is the goal that starts with the Persuasion goal. Look here: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?69374

Oh, forgot to answer your other question... Lesson 3 is before the bridge. Good luck :)

mnjcafe
10-04-14, 05:36 AM
I am so excited about this update! It opens up a lot of possibilities, and especially for those of us still struggling along with sister sister, this offers some hope!

I also think it's nice that the last few updates are giving us a reason to harvest glimmerbulbs again. I haven't planted any in ages and I'm always maxed out. I look forward to planting them and getting both those and fairiebulb seeds as my reward... though at the moment I am always maxed on FB seeds too. I bet that will change pretty quickly once I have the faerie workshop! I do wonder, though, now that FB seeds are going to have more of a purpose, whether they will raise the max to 99 like everything else instead of 50.

I don't understand the comment that this update is not for mid level players (30-40) since the first post mentions it is for level 31+ unless you have not finished one of the previous quests. If you have other quests to work on, the weekly update should not be as critical. I remember during the mid levels sometimes having five or six quests running at a time, which was totally awesome but a little overwhelming. Plus, people who don't get to unlock this update now will still get it - they will just get it at the right point in the story. It would be a shame if TL just stopped developing the storyline and had everything happen at the same time, wouldn't it?

Finally, just wanted to say thanks to Glimmergate for getting me excited about the upcoming holidays! I beg that you re-use some of the raw ingredients for last year's goals (fall leaves etc.) in your new goals so that I can finally finish my pergola!!!

AcesBaking
10-04-14, 06:11 AM
So buy more plots

QueenCarolyn
10-04-14, 06:29 AM
I bought two fairy flower beds, so now I get fairy murmurs every two hours. Now my problem is getting fey crystals. There is no need to build a seconds fairy workshop because you can't get enough ingredients. We need to have more things drop crystals, please!

ciarjen
10-04-14, 07:45 AM
I bought two fairy flower beds, so now I get fairy murmurs every two hours. Now my problem is getting fey crystals. There is no need to build a seconds fairy workshop because you can't get enough ingredients. We need to have more things drop crystals, please!

It makes me wonder why there is the option for two workshops when ingredients are so limited. I have had 2 Fey Crystals drop in 2 weeks and I am collecting from all the things they are supposed to drop from.

mnjcafe
10-04-14, 08:45 AM
I just harvested from 12 plots of fellora and got 16 fellora blossoms, 2 glimmer trap plants, 1 glimmer pitcher plant, and at least 3 dark seeds. These things are awesome!

belbar22
10-04-14, 08:47 AM
I just harvested from 12 plots of fellora and got 16 fellora blossoms, 2 glimmer trap plants, 1 glimmer pitcher plant, and at least 3 dark seeds. These things are awesome!

Oh wow. I have 40 due in about 5 hours. Maybe I will finally complete Sister Sister. I only need 4 more pitcher plants.

BriarAvenue
10-04-14, 08:50 AM

Oops....

claupu
10-04-14, 08:54 AM
I just harvested 20 of the new plants. I got 21 blossoms, 1 Trap and 1 Pitcher Plant. Don't know how many Dark Seeds cuz I'm maxed on them. But I think the maxed-info came 4 or 5 times.

Good luck to all.

roguebee
10-04-14, 09:00 AM
I just collected from 30 plots and received 34 blossoms, 12 dark seeds and 3 plants. Not a bad haul. And I'll have my second group ready for tomorrow.

BriarAvenue
10-04-14, 09:15 AM
i agree that a lot of these are unavailable to a certain level of players. i've been playing for 7 mths and am level 41 but there are a lot of goals I am not even close to. Right now I have only one goal (to improve the troll castle) so it's boring. Too often there is a catch 22, e.g. I need more royal points to expand to a lot of areas, but cannot purchase items which give those points until I "level up".....the game has been telling mUe this for about 5 levels now, so I don't get what I'm supposed to do. So y'all have fun w/fhe fellora plants 😁

I mean players like myself in the 30's and 40's levels, who have been playing more than 6 months but still not even CLOSE to Ivy's Lesson 3.) Bum fun, those of you advanced enough...

Just wonder if those mid-levelers saying they hv nothing to do....
have you upgraded all your buildings to the max level possible?
Or maybe adding a second building that provides drops?
Have you expanded to all terriories possible? (I haven't, though I'm lvl 50)

Things like these which help you raising your level.
And do you visit your neighbors? That will give you extra XP to upgrade lvl
Plus extra energy.

AnniePMH
10-04-14, 09:20 AM
32 plants : 2 pitcher plants, 8 dark seeds...

Mylania
10-04-14, 09:42 AM
Collected from 27 plants: 30 blossoms, 6 dark seeds, 2 pitchers, 1 raffelesia

sunnygirl634
10-04-14, 09:49 AM
30 plants: 34 blossoms, 8 dark seeds, 2 glimmer plants, and 1 pitcher plant

reliquary
10-04-14, 09:52 AM
The flowers when fully ripe are really pretty! Much nicer than the new hedges and gates n stuff.
Too bad they hafta be immediately harvested....to plant more:p

vuvhappy
10-04-14, 10:21 AM
I got a lot of stuff. Thxs TL I am finally on my way to finish the sister sister goal. I will be planting more and more.:o
Love it. :) For the ones of you who are behind....I want to encourage you to keep playing sometimes is frustrating but is it so much fun.... I play other games but on Thursday the new goal keeps me playing

zenobia42
10-04-14, 10:32 AM
Just wonder if those mid-levelers saying they hv nothing to do....
have you upgraded all your buildings to the max level possible?
Or maybe adding a second building that provides drops?
Have you expanded to all terriories possible? (I haven't, though I'm lvl 50)

Things like these which help you raising your level.
And do you visit your neighbors? That will give you extra XP to upgrade lvl
Plus extra energy.

I am a mid-level player. It's not that I have nothing to do. I am currently in the midst of the 2-day wait for my last letter to Agnes to return. When that trade is done, I am finally ready do my first "Send Belladonna Dark Plants" trade, which will lead to Sister, Sister. To get to the Faerie quests, I need that trinket from Agnes, but I've already pre-crafted the lumin essences, vital extracts & floral glows needed for the next step, and the banner pole for the final Goddess Tree upgrade, and have been trying to stock up on fertilzer (though obviously I also needs tons of fertilizer for dark plants)... and to that end, in the last week I built another 3 conservatories and may add yet another later today. I have also got 4 libraries and Old Thomas' house out and collecting religiously to get the final spellbooks needed to upgrade my second Wizard School to level 5 (the first Wizard School is already there). For months now, I have researched quests that are coming up here on the forum in order to pre-build / pre-craft / stock up on anything I need before I need it. It's just that there are steps in every quest that still end up taking days or weeks or sometimes months (I'm talking to you, Mr. Dragon!) to progress through no matter how many preparations you make. So I am doing a number of things. Just not getting to enjoy the fun of a new quest I can participate in, in the last 4 weeks.

I also went as quickly as possible through my fortunes to the point where I have had the Glimmer Rock Fortune for about a week, to help with the glimmer shards & fragments needed for dark plants. Sadly, if I want the Faerie Bridge, I need to complete the Faerie Workshop first. And to get that, I need to complete the Plume Hive quest. And to do that, I need to complete the Mad Tea Party. And to complete that, I need to complete Team Azalea or Team Lila. And to complete that, I need to clear 5 old logs. Which means I lose the glimmer rock fortune and am severely hampered in Sister, Sister and A Little Persuasion... which are required to get this quest. SO... I have been trying to keep busy with pre-crafting what I can, and building / leveling extras of buildings that are helpful now or in the near future.

BUT that doesn't make it any less disappointing to have the excitement of new quests, for 3 weeks in a row, crushed by the knowledge that I don't get to play them. Not for a LONG time, despite doing all I can to progress in the Greselda and the Goddess Tree / Faeries questlines. However, I AM very excited to hear that for the first time in a month there will be something new next week for all of us in my shoes. :D

meme1098
10-04-14, 11:01 AM
Buy more than 5 old logs, maybe 10. Then chop all only 1 time, then go back and chop the 5 completely that you need for that first goal, leaving the other 5 or so only chopped once. Then that fortune will still be there when you actually need the logs since you haven't cleared them all right?

Never mind that probably won't work.....forget I even said anything.

zenobia42
10-04-14, 11:06 AM
Buy more than 5 old logs, maybe 10. Then chop all only 1 time, then go back and chop the 5 completely that you need for that first goal, leaving the other 5 or so only chopped once. Then that fortune will still be there when you actually need the logs since you haven't cleared them all right?

Oh! So it is the number of chops you make, not the number of old logs finished off? That's great news, thanks for that info! I already have about 40 old logs in my queendom which I've taken 2 chops out of, so this means the only thing limiting how many glimmer shards & fragments I can get from the best fortune ever is how many other things I'm willing to store to make room for all those logs lol.

meme1098
10-04-14, 11:08 AM
Oh! So it is the number of chops you make, not the number of old logs finished off? That's great news, thanks for that info! I already have about 40 old logs in my queendom which I've taken 2 chops out of, so this means the only thing limiting how many glimmer shards & fragments I can get from the best fortune ever is how many other things I'm willing to store to make room for all those logs lol.

Wait.... you may need to think this through more. I think if you completely chop just one log the fortune will be complete. Right?!? Anyone out there done with that fortune & can enlighten Zenobia???

Yea...I had a nbr whose kingdom was almost completely old logs. Why she didn't sell them before the last chop is beyond me. You can sell the bought ones but not the ones you get from expanding.

Saw this on another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00
Buy some old logs, only chop 2 of the 3 chops, sell it, repeat. This will give you unlimited glimmer shards and fragments. It will stop if you clear the whole log with 3 chops. So ONLY CHOP TWICE.

mnjcafe
10-04-14, 11:30 AM
Harvested another 14: got 14 blossoms, 1 glimmer trap & 1 glimmer pitcher, and something like 4-5 dark seeds. I need to go back to planting other stuff for the faerie trade, but I am going to try to keep 4 of these growing at all times since the rewards are so good.

fancyjewel
10-04-14, 11:55 AM
After I gave 20 Fellora plants it said I unlocked some potion but the new goal never appeared and there's nothing in my book :( From the first page it looks like there has to be more to this quest but mine disappeared for some reason :( Has it happened to anybody else? Please help!

zenobia42
10-04-14, 11:58 AM
Wait.... you may need to think this through more. I think if you completely chop just one log the fortune will be complete. Right?!? Anyone out there done with that fortune & can enlighten Zenobia???

Yea...I had a nbr whose kingdom was almost completely old logs. Why she didn't sell them before the last chop is beyond me. You can sell the bought ones but not the ones you get from expanding.

Saw this on another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00
Buy some old logs, only chop 2 of the 3 chops, sell it, repeat. This will give you unlimited glimmer shards and fragments. It will stop if you clear the whole log with 3 chops. So ONLY CHOP TWICE.

Yeah, I have about 40 logs currently in my queendom. All of them have had 2 chops taken out of them. The fortune stays alive until any of them gets the final chop. I have been planning to keep on adding old logs until I can't stand the sight of so many of them any more lol. Where I was talking about taking the final chop was for the first step in Team Azalea or Team Lila when I get there in a few days. The quest step reads "Clear some Old Logs x 5" which I thought meant I had to finish off 5 logs thereby ending the fortune. But thankfully meme1098 clarified that "Clear some Old Logs x 5" means make 5 chops into old logs, whether that finishes off any logs or not. So it seems I [b]can[b] advance in the faeries questline without losing the fortune I need so badly for the Greselda / Three Lessons for Ivy questlines. :)

ETA: I had NO IDEA that I can sell my logs with 2 chops in them! THANK YOU for that tip!!!!!!!!!!

meme1098
10-04-14, 12:10 PM
Not sure about just the 5 chops...since it does say "clear". Ah well, guess you'll find out when you get there but I'm betting you have to chop the whole darn thing.

zenobia42
10-04-14, 12:28 PM
Not sure about just the 5 chops...since it does say "clear". Ah well, guess you'll find out when you get there but I'm betting you have to chop the whole darn thing.

I will just have to cross my fingers then. And if it does mean I have to lose my log fortune, well then when that time comes, I will have to decide whether to progress in the Greselds questline OR the faerie one.

reliquary
10-04-14, 12:35 PM
No wait...you do Not want that fortune to end!
The fairy questline makes you clear the logs, not just chop.
Dooo skip that w gems. I don't remember how much tho:(

I just finished that and didn't want to risk it.....:cool:
Honestly, you want to keep that fortune forever!

tweeps
10-04-14, 01:11 PM
After I gave 20 Fellora plants it said I unlocked some potion but the new goal never appeared and there's nothing in my book :( From the first page it looks like there has to be more to this quest but mine disappeared for some reason :( Has it happened to anybody else? Please help!

Just happened to me.
But I've yet to complete the faerie workshop and bridge so I'm wondering if it's to do with that seeing as the subsequent goals use the workshop.
I can still craft the potion, but the quest isn't there.

CLOVERKAITO
10-04-14, 01:19 PM
Just harvested 20 fellora plants, got 6 dark seeds and 2 dark plants. I think the drop rate is pretty good - definitely beats having to collect from the glimmer gate every 2 hours :D

zenobia42
10-04-14, 01:52 PM
No wait...you do Not want that fortune to end!
The fairy questline makes you clear the logs, not just chop.
Dooo skip that w gems. I don't remember how much tho:(

I just finished that and didn't want to risk it.....:cool:
Honestly, you want to keep that fortune forever!

Oh, shoot! Okay, after reading this, I researched in the thread about that quest and it appears it costs 30 gold to skip the "Clear some Old Logs x 5" part of the step so I will do that. I really hope that it's just 30 gold and not 30 gold per log, otherwise I'll have to wait for a few more new TL release quests to finish it lol. THANKS for clarifying that!!!

Sorry to all for taking this thread so off-topic! If I have any more questions about the log fortune or the Team Azalea or Team Liza quests I'll ask about them on those respective threads. :)

meme1098
10-04-14, 02:25 PM

After you give the blossoms:

The Transformation Tonic

New Item in Potion Shop
5 Fellora Blossoms
3 Glimmer Dust
3 Water

If it's not showing up in your quest book, try force closing and then reopen the game & see if it's there.
Are you working on the faerie bridge quest, or did you plant the fellora just for fun?

Check the first page of this thread for the goals in this step.

belbar22
10-04-14, 03:07 PM
50 plants gave me

55 fedora plants
17 dark seeds
3 pitcher plants

And after I crafted 2 more dark seeds in my conservatory I got my last pitcher plant for Sister Sister. One very happy camper here.

ginourmous
10-04-14, 03:10 PM
I'm willing to store to make room for all those logs lol.

Just take 2 shots at the LOGS... then SELL them. So no need to make room to collect a bunch of logs. I have been doing this since the fortune came out. and I will keep it until I don;t see a need for the shards anymore.

Jestmint
10-04-14, 04:30 PM
love love love these new crops.
Sister Sister is still irritating me, and now I can really see a light at the end of the (much longer than 3 month) tunnel! My glimmer shards were getting so low with crafting the jewelled hairpins that I didn't have enough to grow dark seeds. Harvesting the Fellora plants gave me so many dark seeds to work with.
I've also seen an increase in how many Glimmer Trap Plants I'm getting from my Greenhouse. They were the ones that were hardest for me to come across!

Mylania
10-04-14, 04:57 PM
Just completed the final step at the faerie workshop and transformed 3 fragments into 3 shards. I had planned to gem skip the reverse transformation, as I have a large imbalance of 10X more fragments than shards. However, finishing the one step unlocked the second and the quest is gone now, so didn't have to gem skip.

GC5410
10-04-14, 05:08 PM

This happened to me too, but it is supposed to, as I've finished lesson 3, but not built the faerie workshop. Is this the case for you?

As Buttercup said in post #1....

"The first two quests, introducing the crop, are available to everyone who has finished Lesson 3. For players who have completed Start of Something Beautiful and built Faerie Workshops, there are two more quests that unlock crafts that allow the transformation of Glimmer Shards to Glimmer Fragments, and vice versa."

If it's not showing up in your quest book, try force closing and then reopen the game & see if it's there.
Are you working on the faerie bridge quest, or did you plant the fellora just for fun?

Check the first page of this thread for the goals in this step.

See above - you can have the first 2 goals without the others, so not just planting for fun (fancyjewel even says she has given the 20 plants, so is definitely doing the goal and not just planting for fun).

roguebee
10-04-14, 05:10 PM
Just completed the final step at the faerie workshop and transformed 3 fragments into 3 shards. I had planned to gem skip the reverse transformation, as I have a large imbalance of 10X more fragments than shards. However, finishing the one step unlocked the second and the quest is gone now, so didn't have to gem skip.

That's great news as I'm basically in the same boat although my imbalance isn't quite that bad.

meme1098
10-04-14, 06:22 PM
That's good news GC5410.

hugpete
10-04-14, 11:05 PM
Reporting drops from fellora harvesting. Harvested 12, got 13 felloras, 1 dark seed, 1 glimmer trap plant and some energy (3?).

ciarjen
10-05-14, 03:31 AM
This is a really good update, thanks TL. Much better than many we have had of late. ...and fun!

Please review the drop rate on Fey Crystals. As we need 5 to craft an essence I think you may have over estimated how often they are dropping. I have had 3 Fey crystals drop in two and a half weeks, not even enough to craft one essence. Thanks :)

katbtodd
10-05-14, 06:19 AM
This is a really good update, thanks TL. Much better than many we have had of late. ...and fun!

Please review the drop rate on Fey Crystals. As we need 5 to craft an essence I think you may have over estimated how often they are dropping. I have had 3 Fey crystals drop in two and a half weeks, not even enough to craft one essence. Thanks :)
I am having a very hard time recouping my fey crystals too, I posted this awhile ago ..

Rockylandia
10-05-14, 08:04 AM
I like this update as well. The fellora flowers are really attractive and it's nice to have new stuff to make. Of course, we're all stymied by the scarcity of fey crystals, but I guess Sister, Sister got me accustomed to waiting weeks for resources. I swear TL waited until the exact week I completed Sister, Sister to finally provide another source of dark seeds!

PrincessCupOButter
10-05-14, 08:22 AM
I'm still trying to get through A Little Persuasion, much less Sister Sister, so Thank-you TL for allowing us to plant the fellora plants early! I planted 20 and harvested 20 blossoms, 9 dark seeds and 2 pitcher plants (the ones I'm having the most trouble getting)
I may finally get to Ivy's lessons!! I highly recommend planting "for fun" if you're still working on A Little Persuasion or Sister Sister. Getting the seeds helps when glimmer shards are scarce (which is always in my case) and the plants are just a win! Having a stockpile of the blossoms ready for when the quest triggers can't hurt either. ��

GC5410
10-05-14, 12:16 PM
I swear TL waited until the exact week I completed Sister, Sister to finally provide another source of dark seeds!

Haha ditto! Finished yesterday :)

GC5410
10-05-14, 12:18 PM
Having been maxed out on fey crystals for ages with no use for them, I didn't realise they were so hard to come by!

KidsZoo2
10-05-14, 03:22 PM
Is it possible to get an additional source of Fey Crystals available for purchase or be earned as a goal? Can it be something similar to Mermaid Pond? Mermaid scales can be obtained when collecting from regular ponds or wells, but if players want to collect more often, they can get a Mermaid Pond. Fey Crystals can be obtained when collecting from Faerie Bridge, Goddess Tree, or Faerie Respite, but rarely! If we could get a Faerie Pond, would be great! Practically everything in Faerie Workshop is based on fey crystals and such a rare drop of it is a big delay considering how many of them are needed to craft any item.

Anaboe
10-05-14, 03:33 PM
It seems to me there's no limit in the amount of dark seeds you can have. It sais 99 is the limit, but when I have 99, I still can make more, and I even had 104 dark seeds. Anyone else experiencing this?

Queenzod
10-05-14, 03:46 PM
Yes, you can craft more, but you cannot collect more from the new plants or other sources that give them.

GC5410
10-05-14, 04:06 PM
It seems to me there's no limit in the amount of dark seeds you can have. It sais 99 is the limit, but when I have 99, I still can make more, and I even had 104 dark seeds. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I had over 360 when I was doing the sister sister goal. I saved them up before making them into plants.

Anaboe
10-05-14, 04:36 PM
Ah, thanks for the info!

arikasi
10-05-14, 04:41 PM
I'm experiencing the same bug a few others have mentioned. I finish giving the 20 flowers and although the transformation potion is available in my potion shop I do not have a quest associated with it. I have force closed reopened, waited, no quest..

GC5410
10-05-14, 06:47 PM
I'm experiencing the same bug a few others have mentioned. I finish giving the 20 flowers and although the transformation potion is available in my potion shop I do not have a quest associated with it. I have force closed reopened, waited, no quest..

Did you read my post #117 quoting #1?

If you haven't built any faerie workshops yet, then it isn't a bug - you give the flowers and then that's it, as you don't get the next goal yet.

arikasi
10-05-14, 08:59 PM
Did you read my post #117 quoting #1?

If you haven't built any faerie workshops yet, then it isn't a bug - you give the flowers and then that's it, as you don't get the next goal yet.

Thank you! I didn't realise which quests were which first time round.

shadowmaster13
10-06-14, 01:05 AM
Just happened to me.
But I've yet to complete the faerie workshop and bridge so I'm wondering if it's to do with that seeing as the subsequent goals use the workshop.
I can still craft the potion, but the quest isn't there.

This has happened to me too, I assume that The Transformation Tonic quest is only available after finishing off the Faerie Workshop.

Anyuszko
10-06-14, 05:50 AM
Transformation Tonic

During the quest I noticed something. Lady Griselda knew (perhaps a lot) about transformation tonic but she refused to tell us more. Instead, we use now our tonic in faerie workshop.

This means for me, that (perhaps in the near future?) we may need transformation tonics for a different use (different quests). I warn you to craft a handful of these, in case we need them urgently.
(You know this fellora plants are growing 2 days, so if you need potion "urgently" it takes 2 days of waiting. Instead, be prepared. Now I plant 30 felloras constantly , which means that in half of my plots felloras sitting.)

xanethi
10-06-14, 06:11 AM
Also worth paying attention to the desciption of the plant. Says its used both in potions AND in cooking. So might need a Lot of those in the future

PurpleScorpion76
10-06-14, 06:33 AM
Very happy with myself. Even though I'm nowhere near this quest yet, I decided to plant 2 Fellora Plants every 2 days to build up a little stock and today I got my first 2 dark seeds to go with them. I did wonder if as I'm not at that stage yet I would get the dark seeds etc to go with it, but I did. Excellent news!

GC5410
10-06-14, 06:45 PM
This has happened to me too, I assume that The Transformation Tonic quest is only available after finishing off the Faerie Workshop.

Yep, as soon as I completed the building of my faerie workshop the goal for the transformation tonic popped up :)

schmookis
10-06-14, 11:15 PM
Here I am harvesting my fellora plants and bam! A skunkupine shows up. Ivy must be loving her knew plants. I'm feeling the need to bake something. Skunkupie anyone?????

spyd58
10-07-14, 10:06 AM
This is my first post. Have played since last Christmas so did not really get a chance to take advantage of quests offered then. I am looking forward to this year's Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas quests. I do find it curious that many level 50 kingdoms have unfinished reindeer stables and kingdom inns. Sister Sister quest and upgrades of existing structures are only things to work on now and with the addition of fellora plants that quest now seems more possible. So when does the Halloween fun start?

BriarAvenue
10-07-14, 02:43 PM
This is my first post. Have played since last Christmas so did not really get a chance to take advantage of quests offered then. I am looking forward to this year's Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas quests. I do find it curious that many level 50 kingdoms have unfinished reindeer stables and kingdom inns. Sister Sister quest and upgrades of existing structures are only things to work on now and with the addition of fellora plants that quest now seems more possible. So when does the Halloween fun start?

Those were all timed quests n TL offered the upgrade after them.
We were at lvl 30 when doing those quests and most of us struggled with the random drops!

PurpleScorpion76
10-07-14, 03:26 PM

It's only a guess really but could be as early as this Thursday.

eva178
10-10-14, 06:51 AM
After the second quest the third did not show up at my quest book My kingdom ID = eva178

Dabag
10-10-14, 09:50 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/1c26-3CareampFeeding-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/1bc26-3CropFelloraPlant-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/2bc26-3FelloraBlossom-Copy-1.jpghttp://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/2bc26-3FelloraBlossom-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/2c26-3RoomtoGrow-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/3c26-3TTonic-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/3bc26-3TransformationTonic-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/3cc26-3TTonic-Copy.jpghttp://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/3dc26-3TTonic-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/4c26-3Practical-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/4bc26-3GlimmerShard-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%2026-3%20Fellora%20Plants/4cc26-3GlimmerFragments-Copy.jpg

Anaboe
10-12-14, 05:08 PM
Edit: never mind, I should have read the whole topic, not just the first few and last few pages ;)

weebod1
10-12-14, 05:54 PM
How on earth can you manage to max out on glimmer shards and fragments when there are so many quests that require them??
I'm lucky these days to get into double digits :confused:

QueenCarolyn
10-13-14, 09:10 PM
Transformation Tonic

During the quest I noticed something. Lady Griselda knew (perhaps a lot) about transformation tonic but she refused to tell us more. Instead, we use now our tonic in faerie workshop.

This means for me, that (perhaps in the near future?) we may need transformation tonics for a different use (different quests). I warn you to craft a handful of these, in case we need them urgently.
(You know this fellora plants are growing 2 days, so if you need potion "urgently" it takes 2 days of waiting. Instead, be prepared. Now I plant 30 felloras constantly , which means that in half of my plots felloras sitting.)

Happy Day! I just made my 27th Transformation Tonic.

SpiritWind00
10-14-14, 04:11 AM
After the second quest the third did not show up at my quest book My kingdom ID = eva178

Eva, all 3 goals turned up together in your goal book. Maybe double check your book and look for anything with a day counter on the it. If it's not there, write in the bugs thread straight away and ask TL to check your game.

ReinierMamaWouter
10-14-14, 10:12 PM
Hi, I've been harvesting the Fellora plants now (and it says that I'm full) but I can't see them in my inventory.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,

Sandra

reliquary
10-14-14, 10:48 PM
Do you see the count in your potion shop when you make transformation tonic? they should be in your inventory too...hum:confused:

ReinierMamaWouter
10-15-14, 05:42 AM
Do you see the count in your potion shop when you make transformation tonic? they should be in your inventory too...hum:confused:

Yes, but the transformation tonic is locked by goal.

meme1098
10-15-14, 06:09 AM
Yes, but the transformation tonic is locked by goal.

Follow the goals on the first page of this thread. Next you need to tap 5 white trillium & give 20 fellora blossoms to Greselda. Then the transformation potion unlocks in the potion shop.

ReinierMamaWouter
10-15-14, 07:34 AM
Follow the goals on the first page of this thread. Next you need to tap 5 white trillium & give 20 fellora blossoms to Greselda. Then the transformation potion unlocks in the potion shop.

Okay! Back to the beginning. Thank you! :-)

Sandra

witchiepoou
10-18-14, 10:43 AM
I can't seem to unlock the last part of the goals related to Fellora plants. There was never a request shown to give plants to Griselda. I have almost 90 Fellora plants, but can't unlock transformation potio and other. Any suggestions.

PurpleScorpion76
10-18-14, 10:49 AM
I can't seem to unlock the last part of the goals related to Fellora plants. There was never a request shown to give plants to Griselda. I have almost 90 Fellora plants, but can't unlock transformation potio and other. Any suggestions.

I believe you need to have done the recent faerie updates to be able to do the next part which includes the Fellora plants, I'm level 41, but cannot do that quest as I haven't done the quests that proceeds it, but you can craft Fellora plants from level 31 I believe.

witchiepoou
10-18-14, 11:15 AM
I am at level 50. I traded with the fairies once. Maybe I should try that again?

PurpleScorpion76
10-18-14, 11:20 AM
Hope someone else answers I don't know the answer.

zenobia42
10-18-14, 12:10 PM

What quests do you currently have open? We can help you figure out which one is on the questline you need to get there.

zenobia42
10-18-14, 12:24 PM
If it helps, this is the sequence of quests starting with the Glimmergate. To start the next quest in the list, you must complete the final step of the quest before it (except where noted):

Greselda Line
Glimmergate parts 1-3 culminating in making Greselda's castle. Finishing the last in this series also opens the Adament Alchemy quest (first quest in the Faeries quest line below)
Lady Greselda (where you make the friendly gallow and such)
Greselda's Beautiful Dark Garden
Belladonna - the last in this line is the dreaded "Sister, Sister" quest, but if you finish the step BEFORE that one, it unlocks...
Three Lessons for Ivy
Fellora Plants quests

Faeries Quest Line
Adamant Alchemy - In the middle of this quest you unlock the mythic essence craft in the Potion Shop which triggers...
The Blythewood Sapling / Goddess Tree parts 1-3
Team Azalea, or Team Lila
The Mad Tea Party
The Plume Hive
Faerie Workshop
Faerie Bridge

Hope that help you locate where you are and therefore what quest to work on to get what you want. :)

shadowmaster13
10-20-14, 05:21 PM

So you didn't get the second quest, Room To Grow?

witchiepoou
10-25-14, 04:55 PM
No I did not get the room to grow quest. I can't seem to move this forward any further.

dragonstem
11-06-14, 01:29 PM
I'm the same , I have loads of fellora plants and nothing I can do with them
I'm stuck ( and fed up ) with sister sister and persuasion .
I'm on level 47 and have only the 2 tasks to do and I'm lacking enthusiasm

0neSilver
11-07-14, 03:38 PM
Have you given belladonna the first 5 plant groups? It comes up as a small test before you give the 20 set. This opens what you do with the fellows plants.

dragonstem
11-09-14, 10:49 AM
No , I havent done that , I accidentally pressed the give before I had 5 , so I'm working on that now ( again )

meme1098
11-09-14, 04:03 PM
I'm the same , I have loads of fellora plants and nothing I can do with them
I'm stuck ( and fed up ) with sister sister and persuasion .
I'm on level 47 and have only the 2 tasks to do and I'm lacking enthusiasm

No , I havent done that , I accidentally pressed the give before I had 5 , so I'm working on that now ( again )

I answered your question in the bugs section. Have you done step 2 below? Tending the white trillium?

1. Care and Feeding
. PLANT Fellora Plants (skip 20g)
. Add 10x Fertilizer to your plants GIVE (skip 20g)
Rewards: 410 coin 3xp
Note: Fellora Plant : 2 Day Crop

2. Room to Grow
. TEND your White Trillium 5x GO (skip 10g)
. GIVE 20 Fellora Blossoms to Greselda (skip 40g)
Rewards: 1,800 coin 7xp
Note: White Trillium: reset 10minutes (Market>Plants>400 coin)

3. The Transformation Tonic
. BREW 2 Transformation Tonic-at Potion Shop (skip 20g)
Rewards: 410 coin 3xp
Note: Transformation Tonic:
Potion Shop> 2hr. 5 Fellora Blossoms. 3 Glimmerdust. 3 Water.
*Unlocks Glimmer Shards in the Faerie Workshop

4. Practical Applications
. MAKE Glimmer Shards x1-at Faerie Workshop (skip 10g)
Rewards: 1,800 coin 7xp
Note: Glimmer Shards: Makes 3 Glimmer Shards
Faerie Workshop> 4hr. 3 Glimmer Fragments. 1 Transformation Tonic. 5 Glimmerbulb.
*Unlocks Glimmer Fragments in the Faerie Workshop
Note: Glimmer Fragments
Faerie Workshop>4hr. 3 Glimmer Shards. 1 T

labsandboxers
11-10-14, 08:00 PM
I love the fellora plants. I have used the as decorations through out my kingdom.

iLLUMI2012
01-12-15, 07:36 PM
Today I harvested a couple of Fellora crops and only got coins. ??? Never seen that happen before. My inventory is way under 99, and when I continued harvesting other plots I got the Fellora plants as normal.
Anyone else experience this?

ShibuyaCloth
01-13-15, 11:20 AM
Today I harvested a couple of Fellora crops and only got coins. ??? Never seen that happen before. My inventory is way under 99, and when I continued harvesting other plots I got the Fellora plants as normal.
Anyone else experience this?

You get a lot of coins anyway. But check the amount you get for 1 flower, also check your inventory. It could be that the image of the drop was not in your game cache, therefore the plant was invisible during harvest.

dingaling1977
02-08-15, 11:45 PM
I had grown surplus fellora plants today for the last quest (wedding carrage) and today I got dark seeds drop from them! Has anyone else had this? I'm delighted as I'm doing sister sister and it's such a long journey.....

shambalaya
02-09-15, 06:38 PM
I had grown surplus fellora plants today for the last quest (wedding carrage) and today I got dark seeds drop from them! Has anyone else had this? I'm delighted as I'm doing sister sister and it's such a long journey.....

Yes, you get an occational dark seed drop and you can also get whole plants!

dingaling1977
02-21-15, 03:48 PM
Gotta love fellora plants! Shame they take two days, I might make them take over all my plots till I finish sister sister:)

zaccy678
02-27-15, 02:33 PM

Yep! :D I haven't even started Sister Sister, but have been harvesting Fellora for a while now to prepare!

So far I have 50 dark seeds, 13 glimmer pitchers, 10 glimmer traps and 4 glimmer rafflesia...

Will give me a head start at least!

AuntyRose32
02-27-15, 02:58 PM
Yep! :D I haven't even started Sister Sister, but have been harvesting Fellora for a while now to prepare!

So far I have 50 dark seeds, 13 glimmer pitchers, 10 glimmer traps and 4 glimmer rafflesia...

Will give me a head start at least!

Me too, haven't started Sister Sister yet but I've been harvesting Fellora all the time.

I have 61 dark seeds, 7 glimmer pitcher, 5 glimmer traps and 2 glimmer rafflesia plants.

As you said, it'll give me a bit of a head start when I finally get there :)

zaccy678
02-27-15, 03:16 PM
Me too, haven't started Sister Sister yet but I've been harvesting Fellora all the time.

I have 61 dark seeds, 7 glimmer pitcher, 5 glimmer traps and 2 glimmer rafflesia plants.

As you said, it'll give me a bit of a head start when I finally get there :)

Haha, great minds think alike ;) It's interesting to see the different drop rates too!

zaccy678
03-11-15, 04:29 PM
Haha, great minds think alike ;) It's interesting to see the different drop rates too!

Hmm, starting to wonder if I should have mentioned this!! :confused:

Has anyone else noticed the plant drop rate for Fellora has gone down to virtually nil??
And yes, have 4th shard...

Seriously700
04-13-15, 07:31 AM
Hmm, starting to wonder if I should have mentioned this!! :confused:

Has anyone else noticed the plant drop rate for Fellora has gone down to virtually nil??
And yes, have 4th shard...

Yes! I've noticed this too. Seemed like I was rarely getting seeds or plants to drop, so I decided to pay closer attention.

I planted and harvested 10 Fellora plants. Got 0 dark seeds and 0 dark plants.

Planted and harvested 10 more. Got 1 dark seed and 0 dark plants.

Pretty pathetic drop rates!

Am I just having a bad stretch of luck or are they that rare?

On my other account I haven't planted Fellora in a while since I'm almost maxed on them and have finished sinister sister. But I recall getting seeds to drop maybe every 4th blossom, and I'd get maybe 3 plants for every 20 blossoms harvested.

Are others seeing a big change in drop rates for Fellora blossoms?

orleansparish
05-16-15, 09:58 AM
I need help! I have the first four items available to craft but my ability to craft shards and fragments is still locked.

Was this because I didn't do or finish a particular goal?

Is it too late for me to unlock them?

There are no related goals left in my goal book.

So what did I do wrong? From what I know I've done ever goal we've had. I'm level 50.

Gaillock
09-26-16, 09:25 PM
I've finished Fairie Workshop but haven't triggered Fellora Plants. What can I do?

SpiritWind00
09-27-16, 04:55 AM
I've finished Fairie Workshop but haven't triggered Fellora Plants. What can I do?
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78821-Castle-Story-Story-Outline-Guide&p=1059769&viewfull=1#post1059769 - 39. Three Lessons For Ivy no 9. Lesson Three - completing this goal will trigger the Fellora Plant questline.

You must be close!

Gaillock
09-27-16, 11:37 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78821-Castle-Story-Story-Outline-Guide&p=1059769&viewfull=1#post1059769 - 39. Three Lessons For Ivy no 9. Lesson Three - completing this goal will trigger the Fellora Plant questline.

You must be close!

I thought I finished that. I don't have in my goals. I haven't finished Sister, Sister tho.

SpiritWind00
09-27-16, 02:40 PM
I thought I finished that. I don't have in my goals. I haven't finished Sister, Sister tho.
Want to post the list of your goals for me? Here or PM... Don't mind ;)

Gaillock
09-27-16, 07:56 PM
Want to post the list of your goals for me? Here or PM... Don't mind ;)

Sure, thanks!

kaytimay
02-18-19, 02:54 PM
I?ve noticed that by planting fellora plants I get quite a bit of money when I harvest. So I keep planting to gain more money but now I?ve reached my max in my inventory for fellora plants. So I?m wondering if there?s something I could be making to use all the excess plants I have. Is there a workshop or something of the like that uses fellora plants to create something? Thanks for your time.

Kayti

SpiritWind00
02-18-19, 07:18 PM
I?ve noticed that by planting fellora plants I get quite a bit of money when I harvest. So I keep planting to gain more money but now I?ve reached my max in my inventory for fellora plants. So I?m wondering if there?s something I could be making to use all the excess plants I have. Is there a workshop or something of the like that uses fellora plants to create something? Thanks for your time.

Kayti
Hi! Welcome to the forum. There is currently only 1 thing to craft with Fellora blossom which is the Transformation tonic (Potion Shop, 2 hours - 5 fellora blossoms, 3 glimmerdust, 3 water).

This craft is accessible if you're level 31+ and you have completed "Lesson Three" from Castle Story: 06/05 Update Three Lessons For Ivy. If not, then yes they are a great source of income. I plant these as well as you can make over 100,000 net profit in coins once you replant. Plus they are super pretty! :)