PDA

View Full Version : Evolution times changed???

infinitelove19
09-30-14, 05:29 PM
After finally breeding an Ember bear, I put it in to evolve 4-5 hours ago, but when I go to check if it's done - expecting the usual four hours for a rare breed, it still has almost 8 hours to go. Seems the total time might be the 13 hours it took to breed. I hope this isn't a permanent change... what gives??

Anyone else?
------------------------------

Teamlava's response:

Regina;975117']Thank you for sharing your feedback!

We updated the Evolution timers to improve the balance of the game. These changes are important to ensure the prolonged quality of the game.

We will continue to share your feedback with the development team. Please keep your feedback constructive and within the forum rules (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies).

New evolution times, with thanks to knj00

New Times:
normal
panda 30sec
pyro 10sec
rock rhino 3min

1hr
frostfang

3hrs
fairy ferret
skyger
lightning leopard

4hrs
armordillo

5hrs
plantlers

6hrs
solar simion
turtisle
racmoon
thunderhawks
fire glider

7hrs
Jackalope
rainguin
shock fox
conducktor

8hrs
rampage
bamboon
firefox

9hrs
volcamel
hedgehog
planther

10hrs
vinotaur
iciclaw
chameneon
peamoth
chromadile

11hrs
grassquatch
rockodile
ember bear

12hrs
ancient sloth
aquatter

13hrs
hydro yak
dream bat
eagle beagle

14hrs
magmacore
terrorier
spruce moose
daredevil

15hrs
ocean owl

16hrs
sea drake
thunder mammoth
falconch

17hrs
aurora pegasus

18hrs
glacial griffin
gargolem
gold lion

19hrs
cosmic phoenix

20hrs
twilight troll

21hrs
nightmare
onyx ox
storm sphinx

23hrs
hippogryph

24hrs
terradactyl

36hrs
emerald dragon
crystal unicorn

knj00
09-30-14, 05:33 PM
Just evolved my Rare Eagle Beagle (17hr breed time) and it's going to take 13hrs to evolve.

My Common Plantlers (9hr breed time) now has an evolution time of 5hrs. Common Conducktor (13hr breed time) it now takes 7hrs to evolve.

Did Super Rare Nightmare (19hr incubation time) and it's going to take 21hrs to evolve. -_-

infinitelove19
09-30-14, 05:42 PM
Just evolved my Rare Eagle Beagle (17hr breed time) and it's going to take 13hrs to evolve.

My Common Plantlers (9hr breed time) now has an evolution time of 5hrs.

Thanks for the response. I wonder how long super-rares & ultra-rares are now? From my P.O.V. they all seem a little long to me. Definitely glad I evolved my super-rares already. ��

ArcadiaTofu
09-30-14, 05:46 PM
Now I'm glad that I just got done evolving my new Gold Lion to lvl 10 just a day or so ago. It would have been pretty bad waiting so long to not only evolve it from its first stage but to its second.

*glad for most of my super creatures being at lvl 10 right now with only a few rares still under lvl 10*

SANDSCApe
09-30-14, 05:48 PM
So we went from Common 1 hour, Rare 4 hours and Super 8 hours to Common 5 hours, Rare 13 hours and Super 21 hours?
Ultra was 16 hours. If Super is now 21 hours, how long will an ultra take? 40 hours? 45? I do NOT want to test that out.

Can we get some official word from TeamLava, please?

knj00
09-30-14, 05:52 PM
So we went from Common 1 hour, Rare 4 hours and Super 8 hours to Common 5 hours, Rare 13 hours and Super 21 hours?
Ultra was 16 hours. If Super is now 21 hours, how long will an ultra take? 40 hours? 45? I do NOT want to test that out.

Can we get some official word from TeamLava, please?

Not sure if it's going to go by rarity now... The Plantlers and Conducktor I evolved after seeing this thread are both Common and their evolution times are different.

Would be nice if staff could give us info on this. I don't even see why they thought this was a necessary change.

SANDSCApe
09-30-14, 06:00 PM
The times no longer appear to be standard by rarity. I just put a baby Conductor to evolve in Forest Gump (younger forest) and it is taking SEVEN HOURS. That's a common animal.

SANDSCApe
09-30-14, 06:11 PM
Firefox: 8 hours

arikatu
09-30-14, 06:11 PM
Thanks for pointing this out, haha. I was just thinking it was strange that my Grassquatch hadn't come out of the Evolution Flower yet. Could have sworn I had put in in more than eight hours ago, and was surprised that it still has just over five hours left.

Can't say I'm really affected much either way. Farming takes time anyway, so it's not like there's a rush to get things to evolve faster. OH WELL.

[S8] Regina
09-30-14, 06:23 PM
Thank you for sharing your feedback!

We updated the Evolution timers to improve the balance of the game. These changes are important to ensure the prolonged quality of the game.

We will continue to share your feedback with the development team. Please keep your feedback constructive and within the forum rules (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies).

infinitelove19
09-30-14, 06:23 PM
I just checked my other account & I've got a terradactyl evolving, 5.5 hours left & it looks about 3/4 done... so probably 22ish hours to evolve? I would definitely prefer they change it back, but I guess as arikatu said, it doesn't make too much difference overall. We have to wait for things to breed, food to grow, new tournaments to come out, and so forth. Le sigh.

SANDSCApe
09-30-14, 06:40 PM

Balance again, eh? Okay (not gonna touch that one) but can we get a list of times for each animal? Knowing how long each will take is important when we are choosing which animal goes ahead of which; or which evolution to save until bedtime, which can be done over lunch or a load of laundry, or on the way to work,
etc

I don't think we should be guessing, nor does it seem practical for players to individually post times for what they happened to evolve.

Lesimony
09-30-14, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the reply, Regina, but you didn't really answer the question of what the "formula" is one for evolution times. It doesn't match rarity anymore, and also doesn't match breeding/incubation times. Is it totally random, or is there a pattern?

Personally, I can understand TL deciding times were too short, but either doubling the times or making them match breeding times would have been much more acceptable from a player perspective.

sweetypies97
09-30-14, 06:56 PM
I was just coming here to ask what is going on. I put my Glacial Griffin in to evolve from 9 to 10 and it is going to take 18 hours!!

momofgiants
09-30-14, 07:03 PM
I was shocked to see that my Racmoon would take 6 hours to go from 3 to 4. Will have to rethink evolving fails for more money.

Splashy81
09-30-14, 07:08 PM
I evolved the new battlegrounds Terrorier today (rare)...

-Level 3 to 4 took (an expected) four hours.
-Level 9 to 10 took (a #%*+?#) fourteen hours!

knj00
09-30-14, 07:45 PM
New Times:
normal
panda 30sec
pyro 10sec
rock rhino 3min

1hr
frostfang

3hrs
fairy ferret
skyger
lightning leopard

4hrs
armordillo

5hrs
plantlers

6hrs
solar simion
turtisle
racmoon
thunderhawks
fire glider

7hrs
Jackalope
rainguin
shock fox
conducktor

8hrs
rampage
bamboon
firefox

9hrs
volcamel
hedgehog
planther

10hrs
vinotaur
iciclaw
chameneon
peamoth
chromadile

11hrs
grassquatch
rockodile
ember bear

12hrs
ancient sloth
aquatter

13hrs
hydro yak
dream bat
eagle beagle

14hrs
magmacore
terrorier
spruce moose
daredevil

15hrs
ocean owl

16hrs
sea drake
thunder mammoth
falconch

17hrs
aurora pegasus

18hrs
glacial griffin
gargolem
gold lion

19hrs
cosmic phoenix

20hrs
twilight troll

21hrs
nightmare
onyx ox
storm sphinx

23hrs
hippogryph

24hrs
terradactyl

36hrs
emerald dragon
crystal unicorn

zenobia42
09-30-14, 07:49 PM
EVERYTHING about this change stinks.

1) EVERYTHING takes not just longer but in some cases EIGHT TIMES longer. Some supers take an entire day... not to get from 1 to 15, but just ONE evolution of THREE needed to complete leveling an animal.
2) There is no rhyme or reason to the new evolution times. They are not consistent with rarity or anything else we can discern.
3) We have already been complaining CONSTANTLY about how the breed/incubation times are too long. So clearly the unspoken reply to our requests is, "we understand you really dislike unreasonably long lag times in the game. Our response to your feedback is to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you, our customers, have been requesting for weeks - instead of making breed times shorter we found something else to ALSO make incredibly long! Have fun!"
4) PLEASE do not use the word "balance" to describe changes that make the game less fun for the players. Because your definition of the word "balance" is not consistent with ours. To US, balance means things are applied EVENLY in a way that MAKES SENSE.

ETA: The unicorn is SERIOUSLY THREE FREAKING DAYS????? Well, I guess now it's a good thing TL set my personal unicorn odds to zero so I don't have to worry about it. Of course, it again makes the game more IMBALANCED from a player's perspective that anyone who didn't get the unicorn early now has to spend TEN WHOLE FREAKING DAYS breeding, incubating, evolving and evolving again... just to get one level 10 unicorn.

TeabytheSea3
09-30-14, 08:39 PM
I just came here for the same reason. I evolved my Storm Sphinx this morning (first stage) 8 hrs, now it needs another 21 hrs. Wow! I also think that clearing times have changed. I just started clearing a group of rocks in a new area. The time to finish clearing is 32 hours. Is this new, too?

PS Zenobia, I am also doomed to never ever create a Crystal either. We should start a club. 😄

zenobia42
09-30-14, 08:52 PM
I just came here for the same reason. I evolved my Storm Sphinx this morning (first stage) 8 hrs, now it needs another 21 hrs. Wow! I also think that clearing times have changed. I just started clearing a group of rocks in a new area. The time to finish clearing is 32 hours. Is this new, too?

PS Zenobia, I am also doomed to never ever create a Crystal either. We should start a club. ��
If the rocks are called "Fail Shales" then the clearing time has always been 33 hours, 20 minutes... or something like that.

Yes! Let's make a club! No one with a unicorn allowed in our club. Heh. See if they like being the ones left out now. :p

EviBrooklyn
09-30-14, 08:53 PM

My Common Plantlers (9hr breed time) now has an evolution time of 5hrs. Common Conducktor (13hr breed time) it now takes 7hrs to evolve.

Did Super Rare Nightmare (19hr incubation time) and it's going to take 21hrs to evolve. -_-

Such BS !!! TL sure knows how to piss off their players. Their games might be good but they have no business sense whatsoever. Obviously they will lose player pretty darn quick !!

cquinn32
09-30-14, 08:58 PM
Noooo!! This game is becoming more and more like DS every day. Cmon FFS dare to be different!!

EviBrooklyn
09-30-14, 09:08 PM

Please tell the development team that soon they shall see the "quality" of the players they shall get !!

55lee55
09-30-14, 09:59 PM
Just putting in my two cents. I am against this change.

This morning this game beat out a long time favorite as my favorite game. With this change, it lost first place quickly. This is a record for me. It doesn't make me happy.

infinitelove19
09-30-14, 10:11 PM
I evolved the new battlegrounds Terrorier today (rare)...

-Level 3 to 4 took (an expected) four hours.
-Level 9 to 10 took (a #%*+?#) fourteen hours!

Looks like your first evolution (from 3 to 4) was before the new changes took effect. At least I seriously doubt a different evolution length for different levels. It's bad enough we have different times for almost every animal.

Ugh, this change bites! I can only be thankful that I was able to evolve many animals before this change, and haven't too, too many animals still to breed and evolve. Not sure how this is going to effect new players and whether it will put people off the game entirely....?

zenobia42
09-30-14, 10:23 PM
Looks like your first evolution (from 3 to 4) was before the new changes took effect. At least I seriously doubt a different evolution length for different levels. It's bad enough we have different times for almost every animal.

Ugh, this change bites! I can only be thankful that I was able to evolve many animals before this change, and haven't too, too many animals still to breed and evolve. Not sure how this is going to effect new players and whether it will put people off the game entirely....?

I, too, wonder how any new players could possibly find the game enjoyable at these rates. I wonder if they have it set up so that players get the shorter times earlier on, then after reaching certain levels or something the timers go up. You know, how it was for us. At first things move quickly. WE can breed a half dozen animals a day and evolve them all. Then as we level we get darks. They make more but the slower and slower breed times are kicking in. Then... the electrics. Suddenly a common is 16 hours to breed. We all had so much FUN when we could do so much, achieve so much in the game. We were baited with 3-hour breeds. Then switched. Now 24-hour evolves.

If they want to attract new players to the game, they pretty much have to let the new players have the original evolve times until they reach a certain level. Or they'll all get bored and move on before they even get to electrics.

ArcadiaTofu
10-01-14, 12:33 AM
And... I knew this was gonna happen.

RIP, Fun Version of FFS. We knew and adored you well... :(

SANDSCApe
10-01-14, 01:27 AM
Cheer up, friends! Now that evolving animals will take forever, we'll have loads of time to grow food and fatten up our stock between evolutions, see?

Oh yes, and now we can truly enjoy the animals in all their stages. No more power-feeding that poor little hatchling and rushing it off to the Flower before we even have a chance to admire its cute baby animations. Admit it. You've done that.

Well, TeamLava, I'm trying the humor-in-the-face-of-frustration thing, but I think we are going to see a lot of common and rare animals left as adorable babies now.

SANDSCApe
10-01-14, 02:07 AM
I also think that raising animals during a tournament is not all that practical, especially if there is an 8-hour super-rare evolution involved on top of the feeding costs...

...And now? Fogeddaboudit.

sukyee
10-01-14, 03:35 AM
I'm not concern of the waiting time of evolving as the evolve flower was the least used item in this game, I guess so? At least for me for the past :)
But I'm very concern of the economic loss that we put the animals in evolve flower, how much an unicorn in 36hrs can earn?!?

SANDSCApe
10-01-14, 05:36 AM
I'm not concern of the waiting time of evolving as the evolve flower was the least used item in this game, I guess so? At least for me for the past :)
But I'm very concern of the economic loss that we put the animals in evolve flower, how much an unicorn in 36hrs can earn?!?

The animals will still recover the loss; it will just take them that much longer.
Unicorn-3 earns 1354 coins per hour; 1935 per hour at L4. She will need 25.2 hours of L4 income to earn the equivalent of what she lost while in the Flower.
It will take 34.5 hours of L10 income to match the earnings lost in the 2nd evolution.
But full recovery takes much longer, because it's the increase in income (not the new income) that must be used to calculate how long it takes any animal to truly make up for the time it spent evolving.

Unicorn from L3 to L4 gains 581 coins per hour of income. If she stays on L4, it will take nearly 84 hours to completely recover what was lost in the Flower. If, however, she is immediately raised to L9, the income increase is 3096 coins per hour and recovery will take less than 16 hours. As with all animals, increases to income through the later levels is relatively small, so recovery will be much, much longer if you take the animal to epic stage.

Note that this does NOT take into consideration the amount of time and earnings it takes to recover the cost of the food! Factoring that in will of course significantly extend the absolute recovery period. Much of that will depend on what crops you're mostly growing.

EviBrooklyn
10-01-14, 05:43 AM
So my falcoch is still evolving. I didn't realize that TL changed the evolving times without any warning or a disclaimer.
Falcoch went from 4 hour evolving to 16 hours. So that's 4 times longer.
I need to evolve one Aurora Pegasus to level 10 and I'm thinking of selling the evolving flower and replace it with an habitat. I mean, their animals are cuter when under level 4 anyway. If I get an animal that I like, I can sell my pyro pony and it's habitat, buy the evolving flower and sell it again when done.
Oh well, TL's customer satisfaction is non existent, seriously TL,your treatment, your arrogance towards your players is mind blowing. Everyone knows that, in the sales business, having happy customers is key to success. While you have been stealing a lot of game models from other companies, maybe you should copy their business model also, as a good business model is way more important than designing some cute animals.

kooky panda
10-01-14, 07:16 AM
New Times:
normal
panda 30sec
pyro 10sec
rock rhino 3min

1hr
frostfang

3hrs
fairy ferret
skyger
lightning leopard

4hrs
armordillo

5hrs
plantlers

6hrs
solar simion
turtisle
racmoon
thunderhawks
fire glider

7hrs
Jackalope
rainguin
shock fox
conducktor

8hrs
rampage
bamboon
firefox

9hrs
volcamel
hedgehog
planther

10hrs
vinotaur
iciclaw
chameneon
peamoth
chromadile

11hrs
grassquatch
rockodile
ember bear

12hrs
ancient sloth
aquatter

13hrs
hydro yak
dream bat
eagle beagle

14hrs
magmacore
terrorier
spruce moose
daredevil

15hrs
ocean owl

16hrs
sea drake
thunder mammoth
falconch

17hrs
aurora pegasus

18hrs
glacial griffin
gargolem
gold lion

19hrs
cosmic phoenix

20hrs
twilight troll

21hrs
nightmare
onyx ox
storm sphinx

23hrs
hippogryph

24hrs
terradactyl

36hrs
emerald dragon
crystal unicornThanks for the new list, I have added it to the game guide. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71389-Fantasy-Forest-Game-Guide&p=938540&viewfull=1#post938540)

hugpete
10-01-14, 02:45 PM
Am I mistaken, or did the time to build habitats increase a lot too?

Petasos
10-01-14, 03:09 PM
Why is it taking everyone so long to figure out that the word "Balance" in TL speak, means "another way to get you to use gems", in player speak. Everyone can complain all you want they are not listening. Every change made is meant to delay something more. Which in turn will cause you more grief that can only be solved by waiting, or using gems to speed up. When you use up all your gems you are more apt to buy more. Which is why they "balance" to begin with.

EviBrooklyn
10-01-14, 04:02 PM
Am I mistaken, or did the time to build habitats increase a lot too?

It did. The small dark grove went from 8-12 hours. That's the most recent one I noticed.

bluefoxcrystal
10-01-14, 04:18 PM
Why is it taking everyone so long to figure out that the word "Balance" in TL speak, means "another way to get you to use gems", in player speak. Everyone can complain all you want they are not listening. Every change made is meant to delay something more. Which in turn will cause you more grief that can only be solved by waiting, or using gems to speed up. When you use up all your gems you are more apt to buy more. Which is why they "balance" to begin with.

I totally agree with you Petasos... They be money hungry -.-' but at the same time there are people getting bored (and those are the ppl TL is targeting). Ya know em "we got full albums with nothing to do".... Sorry to those that do have full albums... But tis the truth. They want to keep ppl from being bored... While irritating those of us that aren't XD. But I don't think they realise the cardinal rule of business... That being... "For every person that complains about something, at least 24 are silent." Not the one you were thinking ;)

tramba
10-01-14, 05:04 PM
honestly, this is an absolute joke. TL is making this game more and more frustrating to play. the evolution times were perfect the way it was before - the system worked. it seems to me they really don't give half a **** about the players and just do what they want, when they want. the evolution system we had before worked perfectly fine. i put my terrorier in to evolve and 14 hours ? that's a freaking joke man. yeah. i'm pissed off. if TL doesn't change it back they are gonna lose players. my partner already quit this game yesterday. said it was bull****

dragonloona
10-01-14, 05:33 PM
The animals will still recover the loss; it will just take them that much longer.
Unicorn-3 earns 1354 coins per hour; 1935 per hour at L4. She will need 25.2 hours of L4 income to earn the equivalent of what she lost while in the Flower.
It will take 34.5 hours of L10 income to match the earnings lost in the 2nd evolution.
But full recovery takes much longer, because it's the increase in income (not the new income) that must be used to calculate how long it takes any animal to truly make up for the time it spent evolving.

Unicorn from L3 to L4 gains 581 coins per hour of income. If she stays on L4, it will take nearly 84 hours to completely recover what was lost in the Flower. If, however, she is immediately raised to L9, the income increase is 3096 coins per hour and recovery will take less than 16 hours. As with all animals, increases to income through the later levels is relatively small, so recovery will be much, much longer if you take the animal to epic stage.

Note that this does NOT take into consideration the amount of time and earnings it takes to recover the cost of the food! Factoring that in will of course significantly extend the absolute recovery period. Much of that will depend on what crops you're mostly growing.

OK I'm soooo happy I evolved my crystal unicorn to level 15 before this evolution changed.... but sadly it can't be said to my other unicorns or even my emerald dragon!!!! This is not right at all, and feel very bad to those players who haven't evolved all of their creatures to 10 or even 15 yet!!! But hay TL loves surprising us with updates like these, and most likely won't be the last!!! All I can say is that TL better make this game better to keep those players who are thinking of quiting to stay, like giving us something we can all be happy about!!!! Like gem sales, easier to breed new creatures, less flying creatures, not every new creature a super rare and even more crystal creatures!!!! But I know there's more great ideas that lots of players wants, so TL better start listening to all players and give us better responses to our issues!!!!! I Give everyone lots of luck!!!!!

Bloodeon
10-01-14, 05:36 PM
I really don't like having to wait longer...

SANDSCApe
10-01-14, 06:08 PM
My Evolution Flower (currently absent from my SS forest) is mostly idle when its not evolving commons. It evolves droves of commons since that's what my Tree of Life likes to produce. It takes anywhere from 3 to 16 hours to breed a common hybrid, followed by 3 to 16 hours of hatching, then (until now) another hour to evolve. Usually just one evolution because you can't get carried away with common duplicates. Well, after that 1-hour session, it would be another 2-15 hours before the next egg hatched. And so it would go. Evolution Flower as decoration; sold whenever it gets in the way.

Now a common critter must spend 3-9 hours in the Flower, but should still make it out of there before another animal hatches and needs to book a session. When your forest mostly operates like that and you're in no rush, the longer evolutions have no great impact. It's still gonna boil down to 2 common evolutions per day. Lost income? Meh. They're commons. Whatever.

Once in a cold blue moon, I may have a super to evolve. Like sometime tomorrow, I will hatch the one I bred yesterday, find a 4x4 space for my Flower, buy it back, and evolve my Hippogryph hatchling. Then, just as I waited a day for the breeding then a day for the hatching, I will wait again another day, admiring my closed Flower. And that extra long session will be something special. Cuz it ain't every day I get to hatch and evolve a freakin super, so I'm definitely gonna savor it.

Now if I'm up against some nasty battleground opponent and need to evolve an L9 super, that twenty-something hours is gonna tick me off big-time. But really, how often is THAT gonna happen? To ME, I mean. How often is a forest like MINE gonna have the luxury of such a super dilemma?

dragonloona
10-01-14, 07:45 PM
My Evolution Flower (currently absent from my SS forest) is mostly idle when its not evolving commons. It evolves droves of commons since that's what my Tree of Life likes to produce. It takes anywhere from 3 to 16 hours to breed a common hybrid, followed by 3 to 16 hours of hatching, then (until now) another hour to evolve. Usually just one evolution because you can't get carried away with common duplicates. Well, after that 1-hour session, it would be another 2-15 hours before the next egg hatched. And so it would go. Evolution Flower as decoration; sold whenever it gets in the way.

Now a common critter must spend 3-9 hours in the Flower, but should still make it out of there before another animal hatches and needs to book a session. When your forest mostly operates like that and you're in no rush, the longer evolutions have no great impact. It's still gonna boil down to 2 common evolutions per day. Lost income? Meh. They're commons. Whatever.

Once in a cold blue moon, I may have a super to evolve. Like sometime tomorrow, I will hatch the one I bred yesterday, find a 4x4 space for my Flower, buy it back, and evolve my Hippogryph hatchling. Then, just as I waited a day for the breeding then a day for the hatching, I will wait again another day, admiring my closed Flower. And that extra long session will be something special. Cuz it ain't every day I get to hatch and evolve a freakin super, so I'm definitely gonna savor it.

Now if I'm up against some nasty battleground opponent and need to evolve an L9 super, that twenty-something hours is gonna tick me off big-time. But really, how often is THAT gonna happen? To ME, I mean. How often is a forest like MINE gonna have the luxury of such a super dilemma?

I agree, but feel bad for you and other players in the same vote. For me I'm one of the lucky ones who don't have to worry too much about this unless I want to evolve all of my creatures to 15. (Or if I want to evolve my extra crystal unicorns and Emerald dragons) However when my park finally gets me one of 3 super rares I need to have all creatures, I will have to worry about this, but until then I'm on a waiting game. But then again I am leveling up a lot of my creatures past 12 now due to me loosing every single time I battle a new creature at least once, feel like a sitting duck when I see everyone getting the terrorier, and I'm not at battle 60 yet, so yes I'm not really lucky right now lol. But sill I'm better off then most so I won't brag, and I do wish all to have great luck in getting all the creatures they want!!!! But hay, some of us have to have an off day.... when the game keeps giving you nothing but commons too!!!

SANDSCApe
10-02-14, 08:37 AM
Hippogryph chick/colt/cub (what do you call a horse-lion-eagle baby?) has hatched, and the first day-long evolution has be***.
The Armordillo on my nest would need the Flower in 12 hours; no worries - I'm selling it straight from the nest.
The pair in the Garden are hard at work on another Glider, so it's back to business as usual in the Forest of Fifty-Something Commons.
Sleep, my little hippogryph; none of these mongrels will disturb you.

Now there's the matter of a certain Troll egg in storage. Hmmm...

SANDSCApe
10-02-14, 09:02 AM
I agree, but feel bad for you and other players in the same vote. For me I'm one of the lucky ones who don't have to worry too much about this unless I want to evolve all of my creatures to 15. (Or if I want to evolve my extra crystal unicorns and Emerald dragons) However when my park finally gets me one of 3 super rares I need to have all creatures, I will have to worry about this, but until then I'm on a waiting game. But then again I am leveling up a lot of my creatures past 12 now due to me loosing every single time I battle a new creature at least once, feel like a sitting duck when I see everyone getting the terrorier, and I'm not at battle 60 yet, so yes I'm not really lucky right now lol. But sill I'm better off then most so I won't brag, and I do wish all to have great luck in getting all the creatures they want!!!! But hay, some of us have to have an off day.... when the game keeps giving you nothing but commons too!!!

I haven't even STARTED on the Terrorier battles, and probably won't until I dig my Troll egg out of the storage bin -- I need to hatch it so I can get the Terrorier goal. So that may be another super evolution, but no priority on it because I have a Pegasus.
The vast majority of my animals will only see one evolution. The supers will do two. But epic? Nah. Not worth it. My Leopard is the only one who got that privilege when Electrics made their debut. This policy of raising supers to L10 and leaving everybody else between L5 and L9 has been my approach for quite some time. The extended evolution periods have made this policy a law now; chiseled in stone.
As for life in Commonville, no worries; I'm used to it. Plus that freaky flock of Emeralds kind of balances it out. No ultra evolutions for me, thank you! All except one are juveniles or babies, and will stay that way. Forever. LOL

zenobia42
10-02-14, 09:18 AM
Really not sure if this game is going to last even another week on my ipad at this rate (pun intended). If they would deign to throw me a bone in the form of a crystal unicorn (that would now take *TEN* DAYS from inception to level to 10, nearly a week of which I can evolve nothing else at all), that might keep my interest in this game. But this whole "we are going to slow things down so much it's like standing around trying to watch a tree grow" policy making the game less and less fun, and then even LESS fun is losing me. They clearly think this will make us imaptient enough to buy gems to speed everything up. But you know what? Not me. My idea of FUN is not standing around watching one coat of paint on one wall dry per day unless I want to pay the painter more to finish the room now. I'd rather play a game that doesn't have a bait-and-switch tactic to get more money out of me. I'm sorry to folks who have found my posts helpful to their game but unless things like this absurd evolution time change, and the ever-increasing breed time changes, and the odds of getting a unicorn reverse course and become POSSIBLE for me, I am just not enjoying this game enough to keep playing.

cquinn32
10-02-14, 10:22 AM
It just really sucks knowing that every couple of weeks or so TL is going to do something to so called BALANCE the game making it a little less enjoyable for us!!

flowless
10-02-14, 10:37 AM
I haven't even STARTED on the Terrorier battles, and probably won't until I dig my Troll egg out of the storage bin -- I need to hatch it so I can get the Terrorier goal. So that may be another super evolution, but no priority on it because I have a Pegasus.
The vast majority of my animals will only see one evolution. The supers will do two. But epic? Nah. Not worth it. My Leopard is the only one who got that privilege when Electrics made their debut. This policy of raising supers to L10 and leaving everybody else between L5 and L9 has been my approach for quite some time. The extended evolution periods have made this policy a law now; chiseled in stone.
As for life in Commonville, no worries; I'm used to it. Plus that freaky flock of Emeralds kind of balances it out. No ultra evolutions for me, thank you! All except one are juveniles or babies, and will stay that way. Forever. LOL

You can start ur battles
I had troll in my storage and I started the battles for terriorier till level 79
Then I hatched my troll egg
The goal appeared showing I completed the battles 99%

dangerb0y
10-02-14, 12:05 PM
I only got 2 bombs for evolving a glacier griffin. They didn't change the bomb accumulation rate?

arikatu
10-02-14, 12:34 PM
I only got 2 bombs for evolving a glacier griffin. They didn't change the bomb accumulation rate?

Bombs for evolving? I wish, haha. I don't think they've changed the accumulation rate though, I still got three for placing a Falconch on the nest yesterday. Then again, I think I did get two for putting a Mammoth on the nest before that. I don't know if there's actually a ratio involved, or it's a random thing. But generally, I'm under the impression that things around 7-13/14 hours result in two bombs.

Just got two bombs for putting a Conducktor on the nest, so my impression's still holding up.

dangerb0y
10-02-14, 01:01 PM
Oops. Got confused. Bombs for hatching not evolving

Petasos
10-02-14, 02:16 PM
Really not sure if this game is going to last even another week on my ipad at this rate (pun intended). If they would deign to throw me a bone in the form of a crystal unicorn (that would now take *TEN* DAYS from inception to level to 10, nearly a week of which I can evolve nothing else at all), that might keep my interest in this game. But this whole "we are going to slow things down so much it's like standing around trying to watch a tree grow" policy making the game less and less fun, and then even LESS fun is losing me. They clearly think this will make us imaptient enough to buy gems to speed everything up. But you know what? Not me. My idea of FUN is not standing around watching one coat of paint on one wall dry per day unless I want to pay the painter more to finish the room now. I'd rather play a game that doesn't have a bait-and-switch tactic to get more money out of me. I'm sorry to folks who have found my posts helpful to their game but unless things like this absurd evolution time change, and the ever-increasing breed time changes, and the odds of getting a unicorn reverse course and become POSSIBLE for me, I am just not enjoying this game enough to keep playing.

I am leaning in this direction as well, but for all TL games. This is the same tactics that are used globally with TL.

EviBrooklyn
10-02-14, 03:24 PM
I am leaning in this direction as well, but for all TL games. This is the same tactics that are used globally with TL.

Same here. I used to like this game a lot but the evolving time jump really sucked the fun out of it. Does anyone know why they shut down the monster story? I think it was a TL game and as far as I know they shut that one down. Were they pulling the same nonsense there also?

arikatu
10-02-14, 04:00 PM
Same here. I used to like this game a lot but the evolving time jump really sucked the fun out of it. Does anyone know why they shut down the monster story? I think it was a TL game and as far as I know they shut that one down. Were they pulling the same nonsense there also?

If anything, you could think it was the prototype for this game, what with the elements and all. I definitely prefer the artwork in FFS.

ArcadiaTofu
10-02-14, 04:24 PM
I don't know why TL just doesn't make a concession on many of these issues we are upset about or at least entertain a compromise.

One compromise that I'm sure many users would get behind is this:

If TL keeps the new evolution/habitat construction times, it has to restore the Emerald Dragon fail time to its original 20 seconds (if it's concerned with too many users breeding out Emeralds all over their forests, put a block on all new Emeralds once a user gets 4 of them---unless they want to pay gems for more---in their forest. That would be fair and I doubt many people would oppose it) AND have to keep new hybrid breed times below 13 hrs for all new common or rare creatures. Concerning the Emerald Dragon fail times, I think the evolution times now make it pretty hard for users to quickly amass an Emerald Dragon army since not only will users have to wait 90hrs to actually acquire it in their habitats, but they'll have to wait an extra 72hrs to just get an Emerald up to Lvl 10. The new evolution times (if kept the way they are) actually DO keep the balance in FFS as long as those requirements are met.

I think all users would agree with me that restoring the original Emerald Dragon fail times (because it was REALLY unfair of TL that earlier users got a huge advantage over everyone else and while I don't begrudge users for their luck, TL made the mistake originally and should just bite the bullet on this issue since it's about fairness for all users, not just ones that were early to the game), lowering the common/rare breed times for all new common/rares and keeping the evolution times would, indeed, be a 'balanced' FFS that will actually placate everyone that's already too frustrated and enraged at the new changes and lack of response from TL regarding users' complaints on these three issues. I'm not saying TL should lower breed times on NEW Supers or Ultras---I doubt anyone would be too upset at having to wait 48hrs to breed AND hatch out a Super Rare or 90hrs for an Ultra. I don't mind waiting for Super or Ultra breeds AT ALL. I can be patient when it comes to things that are worth waiting for, but when it comes to commons/rares that are a dime a dozen and I end up selling them all to get rid of them, I start to get quite a bit frustrated (as does everyone else).

Am I the only one that thinks this 'compromise' would be the best option for not only TL but for all users that are about to blow at all the new increases in time that have sprung up like weeds in the game? Because with the rate TL is increasing times for nearly everything, I (and many, many others) are eventually just going to delete the game and just play another one. :(

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Monster Story collapse mainly because it was losing users/wasn't acquiring enough to sustain it? If FFS doesn't improve the faults their customers are constantly complaining about, then FFS might be retired like Monster Story was b/c people will just get too fed up to want to stay. I enjoy FFS enough that I hope TL doesn't let that happen, though I can't help but be pessimistic in regards to these issues :\

EviBrooklyn
10-02-14, 04:56 PM
I don't know why TL just doesn't make a concession on many of these issues we are upset about or at least entertain a compromise.

One compromise that I'm sure many users would get behind is this:

If TL keeps the new evolution/habitat construction times, it has to restore the Emerald Dragon fail time to its original 20 seconds (if it's concerned with too many users breeding out Emeralds all over their forests, put a block on all new Emeralds once a user gets 4 of them---unless they want to pay gems for more---in their forest. That would be fair and I doubt many people would oppose it) AND have to keep new hybrid breed times below 13 hrs for all new common or rare creatures. Concerning the Emerald Dragon fail times, I think the evolution times now make it pretty hard for users to quickly amass an Emerald Dragon army since not only will users have to wait 90hrs to actually acquire it in their habitats, but they'll have to wait an extra 72hrs to just get an Emerald up to Lvl 10. The new evolution times (if kept the way they are) actually DO keep the balance in FFS as long as those requirements are met.

I think all users would agree with me that restoring the original Emerald Dragon fail times (because it was REALLY unfair of TL that earlier users got a huge advantage over everyone else and while I don't begrudge users for their luck, TL made the mistake originally and should just bite the bullet on this issue since it's about fairness for all users, not just ones that were early to the game), lowering the common/rare breed times for all new common/rares and keeping the evolution times would, indeed, be a 'balanced' FFS that will actually placate everyone that's already too frustrated and enraged at the new changes and lack of response from TL regarding users' complaints on these three issues. I'm not saying TL should lower breed times on NEW Supers or Ultras---I doubt anyone would be too upset at having to wait 48hrs to breed AND hatch out a Super Rare or 90hrs for an Ultra. I don't mind waiting for Super or Ultra breeds AT ALL. I can be patient when it comes to things that are worth waiting for, but when it comes to commons/rares that are a dime a dozen and I end up selling them all to get rid of them, I start to get quite a bit frustrated (as does everyone else).

Am I the only one that thinks this 'compromise' would be the best option for not only TL but for all users that are about to blow at all the new increases in time that have sprung up like weeds in the game? Because with the rate TL is increasing times for nearly everything, I (and many, many others) are eventually just going to delete the game and just play another one. :(

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Monster Story collapse mainly because it was losing users/wasn't acquiring enough to sustain it? If FFS doesn't improve the faults their customers are constantly complaining about, then FFS might be retired like Monster Story was b/c people will just get too fed up to want to stay. I enjoy FFS enough that I hope TL doesn't let that happen, though I can't help but be pessimistic in regards to these issues :\

Like I said before, just nice graphics and cute animals won't keep you in business. Their business sense is as bad as the unicorn's odds nowadays

infinitelove19
10-02-14, 08:17 PM
Oops. Got confused. Bombs for hatching not evolving

I sure hope they didn't reduce the bomb rate, but I suspect they've adjusted at least some of the rates. For instance, I found myself in need of bombs to go mining to do an expansion, so I brought out my Emerald & panda, which USED to have a bomb given for each failed attempt, only to find that I only got about 1 bomb for every five attempts. Frustrating!

SANDSCApe
10-02-14, 11:58 PM
I sure hope they didn't reduce the bomb rate, but I suspect they've adjusted at least some of the rates. For instance, I found myself in need of bombs to go mining to do an expansion, so I brought out my Emerald & panda, which USED to have a bomb given for each failed attempt, only to find that I only got about 1 bomb for every five attempts. Frustrating!

You were expecting bombs from a 1-hour breeding? I've NEVER seen that. The general drop rate I've observed (since i started in July) is 1 bomb for 6 hours of breeding. Mostly, if a breed is less than 6 hours, I would get zero bombs. But it seems that TeamLava fairly compensates for short breed times by tallying and carrying forward any unrewarded time. So if one keeps breeding Ferrets, a bomb would drop for every two eggs nested. If you are breeding 1-hour Pandas, you should see 1 bomb for every 6 you breed. If a bomb drops sooner, it's the result of time carried over from a previous breeding. E.g., if you started from a time balance of zero and bred a Glider, you get 1 bomb and 5 hours carried forward; a 1-hour breed immediately following that would drop 1 bomb. For the many things they do wrong, this is one thing the game does right.
Unfortunately, they never bothered to explain the process of carrying forward time to ensure that players would get 1 bomb per 6 hours and not get *****ed when breed times are not exact multiples of 6. (Explaining being one of the things they DON'T do well.) So players are often confused about the quantity of bombs they receive and it will seem random if you're not aware of this cumulative accounting.

Now another issue is that while players like you and me are short on bombs (I don't know when I'll EVER get the 42 runes I need for my next expansion), others like EviBrooklyn are maxed at 15 bombs because they have no more expansions to do. And THAT is balance on TeamLava's terms. A balance between players with an excess of a certain thing and players with a lack of it.

Players short on runes and bombs balanced by those maxed on bombs & runes.
Players with all expansions done balanced by those still struggling to expand.
Players with lots of supers balanced by those with an overload of commons.
Players dying for a Unicorn balanced by players with Ultrosis.
Players with full albums balanced by those plagued with duplicate breeding and nothing new for weeks.
Players with an army of L15 animals balanced by those now facing major evolution speed-bumps.
(See? I'm right back on topic with this thread, Moderator.)

Balance in TL games is not about equal distribution among players; it's about distributing inequalities so that all our forests don't look the same with exactly the same expansions and exactly the same animals in exactly the same proportions at exactly the same levels of evolution. If we have to evolve differently now than we did over the past couple months, that balances pioneers against those who join later. Or it balances those who have done a lot of evolutions against those like me who have held back. Inequalities. Balance. Variety.
Some players will have certain advantages; others will have certain disadvantages. Deal with it, forest friends. It's not altogether a bad thing.

EviBrooklyn
10-03-14, 12:14 AM
Sand, players with ultrosis... I' can't stop laughing... You just diagnosed yourself with ultrosis

sanya87
10-03-14, 06:20 AM
agree with everyone who is dissapointed and frustrated with another change to make this game more "balanced". obviously we can expect that every change in future will be in order to "balance" the game. or at least that will be an answer to all our questions. team lava you really miss some respect to your players. honestly it makes me laugh every time when i read word balance in those poor answers that moderators give to us. not to mention how it is annoying to read that same explanation once again, come on at least try to be more creative next time...

i am really close to deleting this game too, event though its the only tl game i play at the moment. i have never seen such poor relation of one company to its customers, and in this game is by far the worst. if things doesnt change soon and if this unbelievable practice of changing things to worse continues, i dont see the point of playing the game that gives you only frustration! not to mention to support that kind of game, personally i decided i will not spend one dollar since you changed emerald breeding time. this now just make me stick even more to my decision.

infinitelove19
10-03-14, 02:46 PM
Sand, the only reason I expected a bomb was because initially after switching from the five-hour panda fail, to a one-hour panda fail, they forgot to change the bomb-drop rate accordingly and players would get a bomb for every panda fail. Of course you didn't see this, you got your Emerald BEFORE the five hour Emerald blocker.

The only reason I expected a bomb, for a one-hour fail, was the same reason I initially expected 20-second panda fails. Based on experience and reports from other players.

Back to the long evolution times, does anybody think we might have something start on here, as on Dragon Story?? On there, from evolving, you collect different 'bombs' to go mining and collect parts to 'craft' a dragon. If they are going to do that here, I imagine it will either be a different format or else it will wait until we have more space because we'll also need a building to craft them in.... Or else a building will magically appear somewhere, which is also entirely possible.

What do you guys think?

Splashy81
10-03-14, 05:56 PM
I'm so lost as to the sense that this makes!!...

Vinotaur: 7 hours breed
Vinotaur: 7 hours nest
Vinotaur: 10 hours evolution!!!

I don't understand this logic, TL!

tuffyjkitten
10-03-14, 09:47 PM
All this is just confirming I made the right decision to not spend any money on this game. I have never bought gems and don't intend to. I did use some of my free gems from neighbors in the tournament, but I have never bought any. I don't speed anything. You can't FORCE me to speed anything. If all I do is log on in the morning, collect coins, and see if my last breed is done, then that's fine with me. I have other things to do.

If TL wants me to only check this game once or twice a day, the their system is working.

SANDSCApe
10-04-14, 01:20 AM
All this is just confirming I made the right decision to not spend any money on this game. I have never bought gems and don't intend to. I did use some of my free gems from neighbors in the tournament, but I have never bought any. I don't speed anything. You can't FORCE me to speed anything. If all I do is log on in the morning, collect coins, and see if my last breed is done, then that's fine with me. I have other things to do.

If TL wants me to only check this game once or twice a day, the their system is working.

Now see, THAT is the effect these changes have upon me. They don't get me upset; they don't make me sad and frustrated; they don't ruin my game; they don't bring an end to my gem purchasing since I never buy any in the first place. LOL

But they DO find me playing less. I'm not having less fun; just less time tapping away at buttons in this one game. When TL throws in things like extended evolution times, longer expansion or clearance rates, higher expansion or clearance costs, higher habitat prices, animals with longer breed times, longer habitat build times, anything longer or more expensive amounts to a SPEEDBUMP. Slow down. Yes, you can spend and/or buy gems if you feel a need for speed, but there's only so much of that the company can reasonably expect. They want to increase gem sales but that's not their only motive; they also want to slow down the game.

Slowing down the game means they are not pressured to keep adding new content too often or too quickly. Funny, players also complain when too much is being introduced. But those who play fast and advance quickly are clamoring for more while the rest of us tell TL to hold up. Those Upper Ice Shelf expansions were supposed to keep players tied up for at least 2-3 months before anybody started begging for a 31st expansion or a 42nd habitat. Yet we are already beginning to hear grumbling on that front, because a few players are already there despite the costs, burdensome wait times, bomb limits, high rune requirements, etc.

So many players rush to the endpoint of every feature. New battleground region? Let's blow through 80 levels in less than 2 days; if we fight every 10 minutes and neglect our responsibilities, we can finish in 14 hours! 6-day Tournament? Let's stay home today; done on Day One! New animal? Let's speed breed until we get it then rush it to L15 so we can show off those funky colors! New element and habitat? OMG -- why must it cost nearly a million when we need to speed our way through a 24-hour build? Let's build ten of them. Wait! We need a higher habitat limit! More habitats NOW!!! New expansions? Whoa! They are so expensive; 2 days to get through some of them but let's go, let's go, let's go! Look, I'm done! What now?

This is how a lot of people play. They are relentless, demanding and easily bored. They are the ones who create the need for speedbumps and, funny enough, they are the ones who get most bent out of shape when the speedbumps are implemented. But the funniest thing is that, for all their fussing and moaning and threats to quit, they are the ones least likely to walk away from the game.

[S8] Elsa
10-06-14, 10:41 AM
You're all welcome to share your opinions, but please be respectful to each other. We appreciate that we have passionate players with such diverse playing styles and we value the feedback about the changes. To continue this, we kindly request that players follow the forum rules. Thanks!

EviBrooklyn
10-06-14, 10:59 AM
Elsa, you're a little to strict of our taste. Can we have Kooky back?
Lol... Just kidding !!

[S8] Elsa
10-06-14, 11:07 AM
Elsa, you're a little to strict of our taste. Can we have Kooky back?
Lol... Just kidding !!

:3 Kooky's still here. We really appreciate her help.

I'm just stepping in to remind everyone to be kind to each other. ;<

zenobia42
10-06-14, 11:39 AM
Elsa;977250']:3 Kooky's still here. We really appreciate her help.

I'm just stepping in to remind everyone to be kind to each other. ;<

Thanks, Elsa!

I'd have rathered your post say something like, "Due to players so disliking the evolution times becoming 3x to 8x longer than they were, we have cut those breed times all in half"... but the reminder to be nice is appreciated.

And on topic - just a thought: Let's assume at this point anyone who bothers to feed and evolve an animal wants to get that animal to at least level 10. Would it not therefore make sense to make the evolution times HALF what the breeding times are? So that you hatch an animal, then get it to level 10 (not just level 4) in the time it takes to then hatch your next animal. Just a thought since the request that breeding times return to what they once were is being ignored.

my607
10-11-14, 01:31 PM
I hate these longer hours to evolve. My Terradactyl is taking forever to evolve. I need to evolve three more animals.

MelodicStars
10-11-14, 08:32 PM
I don't mean to hate or complain on the new evolution times, but I think TL could've AT LEAST either 1) made food easier to earn so we can quickly feed the animals but wait a longer evolution time. Because, honestly, it takes long enough to gather food, the extended times are like adding salt to a wound. (I feel like I'm the only lvl 40 who does not have a single lvl 15 animal :/) Or 2) keep it the same time for all super rares, rares, and commons, but still extend it from the usual times. (Ex. Super rares: 12-13 hours, rares: 8-10 hours, commons: 5-6 hours.)

Of course, it's just a suggestion. Even if they went with the the 2nd suggestion, or something like it, I would be very happy :)

my607
10-13-14, 07:41 AM
I just evolve owl bear it's 21 hours.

Sawabugh
06-14-16, 02:16 AM
I know this thread is old but just needed to say something.

As it is, for me anyway, there isn't much incentive to evolve at all right now. I love how cute and bouncy the babies are and I don't earn any bombs for mining like on DS, so why bother?

Saving my food for the events that force me to grow ugly critters instead. Seems like a very goofy business strategy. People will evolve more if they get something from it. It takes forever to expand so it'd be nice if they gave us something for evolutions.