PDA

View Full Version : Tournament?

FigmentValley
09-30-14, 10:34 AM
No tournament today?

flowless
09-30-14, 11:36 AM
No more of that please Hate it the tournament

There actually players who r looking forward for tourment ???

ramothsflight
09-30-14, 11:37 AM
If I recall correctly, updates to FS seem to run about two hours behind DS. Just keep checking. Some kind of update is bound to show up today. ;)

zenobia42
09-30-14, 11:41 AM
Well, we got a new animal, so today's update has been made. It appears there is no arena. :(

Sylvrthrne
09-30-14, 11:42 AM
I'd still keep a weather eye open...otherwise, well, poo. There I went last week and upgraded all those animals, too :rolleyes:

FigmentValley
09-30-14, 01:34 PM
I agree with you Flowless.....

bluefoxcrystal
09-30-14, 02:36 PM
I like the tourneys, but what do I know? :(

arikatu
09-30-14, 02:45 PM
Love the tourneys! Anything that will give me free food? Yes, please! Thanks to the battlegrounds I was able to max out my Sphinx, so I'm all geared up and ready to tackle the next big fight! Besides, I feel like I have a better handle on the tournaments and battlegrounds here than I ever did in DS, so that's a definitely plus in my book.

BlueCanary
09-30-14, 02:52 PM
I like the tourneys too!

ArcadiaTofu
09-30-14, 03:09 PM
Love the tourneys! Anything that will give me free food? Yes, please! Thanks to the battlegrounds I was able to max out my Sphinx, so I'm all geared up and ready to tackle the next big fight! Besides, I feel like I have a better handle on the tournaments and battlegrounds here than I ever did in DS, so that's a definitely plus in my book.

I am so jealous of your Sphinx :( 25 tries so far with an electric/nature mix and no Sphinx at all... just millions of thunderhawks and one Eagle Beagle ;___;

But, yes, next time a tournament comes around you'll probably be the one that gets to it first before me this time :D And I'll try my best to be your wingman (though with your higher level hybrids you'll probably get to them all first before me!). Still, I'll do my best!! :D

Sylvrthrne
09-30-14, 03:17 PM
I like the tourneys, but what do I know? :(

I like them too ;)

It's a fun challenge to have, although it can (and usually is) be very frustrating at times. However, it's not required to do the tournament to play the game, so...technically, everyone can have what they want here...

flowless
09-30-14, 03:56 PM
I like them too ;)

It's a fun challenge to have, although it can (and usually is) be very frustrating at times. However, it's not required to do the tournament to play the game, so...technically, everyone can have what they want here...

It's if the goal is to have full album ( all animals )
I found them stressful and needed someone who have nothing to do for 5 days
I do have a alive outside the game
And not having full collection mean the Ned of the game to me

Not all play this way I know
But a lot of my neighbors quit dragon story as when they started to miss out

arikatu
09-30-14, 04:11 PM
I am so jealous of your Sphinx :( 25 tries so far with an electric/nature mix and no Sphinx at all... just millions of thunderhawks and one Eagle Beagle ;___;

But, yes, next time a tournament comes around you'll probably be the one that gets to it first before me this time :D And I'll try my best to be your wingman (though with your higher level hybrids you'll probably get to them all first before me!). Still, I'll do my best!! :D
Are you kidding?! Miss-I-Have-All-the-Other-Supers-You-Don't! One measly pet... I'm so bat-crazy jealous of your forest! Hahaha, I think we could basically be about even in terms of failed hours. But I have faith you'll get it!

Darling, heck no. You've got the handle down on all this forum business! Compiling and organizing all that information might drive me insane, haha. I'm just a brute in the battlefield. I like being the wingman to your lead. ;) And I'm pretty sure there were a few instances you were ahead of me, because there were definitely a few times I'd refresh the page to make sure I'd be giving you new information, and lo, you already had it! But what I mean is, it'll all work out; we'll both do our best! BRING ON THE TOURNEY! I'm all pumped and ready to rage now, haha.

my607
09-30-14, 05:26 PM
I like the tourneys too you get apples, coins and gems. Even though at times it's frustrating not being able to beat your opponent . In the end you get a new animal.

Sylvrthrne
09-30-14, 06:55 PM

I suppose that therein may lie the dilemma, then ;)

Some of us like the challenge of the tournament, and some don't. Whether or not we are alive outside the game (which I suspect most of us are, oddly enough) that's ok, because it's ok to disagree. Good luck on the next tournament!

zenobia42
09-30-14, 07:57 PM
I LIKE the arena tournaments. Because I will clearly never ever ever ever ever get a crystal unicorn out of this game. But I CAN get the tournament prizes. It depends somewhat on odds but not nearly as much as the dam unicorn does. So I actually have a chance at these.

SANDSCApe
10-01-14, 12:56 AM

If the goal is to have a full album, then I'd have quit by now and there'd be no point in new players sticking around. Because it would take three weeks of non-stop absolutely fail-free breeding for me to produce the 17 animals I'm already missing. And by that time, the number of newer animals would find me missing at least a dozen more. Without gem speeding or animal purchasing, full album is impossible for any player who started after August or who have not been able to breed new animals to match the rate at which TL is introducing them.

So yeah, we play in different ways for different reasons. It wouldn't make sense for me to make album completion a priority, given my Tree Of Life's tendency to mass-produce common duplicates. I can't control that; but tournaments? Oh heck yeah, I LOOOOVE me some tournaments. Because I know I can nail that. To the wall. To the door. To the floor!

So yeah, I'm kinda disappointed that there was no Tournament Tuesday this week. Maybe they are monthly; not biweekly?

SANDSCApe
10-01-14, 01:08 AM
I'd still keep a weather eye open...otherwise, well, poo. There I went last week and upgraded all those animals, too :rolleyes:

And in doing so, you spared yourself much of the grind. As of last night, evolution times are now sky high. It will now take an eternity to do what you did last week. Supers are taking 12-24 hours to do a single evolution. A day and a half for an ultra. And that's just ONE evolution.

Yup. Yup. Looks like TL took note of players who were gearing up for the next contest. Well, for those of us whose fight club is still not levelled up to battle form, good thing they didn't bring it yet, cuz we're gonna need lots and lots and lots of Flower time. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and...

Oi!

Sylvrthrne
10-01-14, 07:19 AM
And in doing so, you spared yourself much of the grind. As of last night, evolution times are now sky high. It will now take an eternity to do what you did last week. Supers are taking 12-24 hours to do a single evolution. A day and a half for an ultra. And that's just ONE evolution.

Yup. Yup. Looks like TL took note of players who were gearing up for the next contest. Well, for those of us whose fight club is still not levelled up to battle form, good thing they didn't bring it yet, cuz we're gonna need lots and lots and lots of Flower time. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and...

Oi!

(Facepalm)

flowless
10-01-14, 10:38 AM

Oi!

It's like whenever something is posted here is being held against the players
As if the forum is designed for TL to see where they can make it more difficult to get users to buy gems
Well only happy costumes pay I hope TL know that
I was spending 20$ every week back when I was playing fashion story and bakery
And started spending when the Halloween dragons came to light in DS
Until I realized it's was gonna be this way for most dragons
A complete turn off
They lost a paying costumer and help me save my money

I like to support a company that provide a good service ( entertmamnet )
And I use it like to support them , they have very good games and with the best grafics in my opinion
I hope they would just improve how they deal with costumer sand see how much they actually again

Regarding wanting a full albumin
Well it might be a chase that would never end
But that's the goal and without a goal I don't see the point or in better words the fun
As I said I know that is not for all players but I know most of my neighbors played it that way in DS
I hope I didn't play it that way I would enjoy the game more
That's way tournament are far more less enjoyable
Unless I have 5 days off with nothing to day but play

SANDSCApe
10-07-14, 11:27 AM
Will TODAY be that day? Tournament Tuesday already got underway about an hour ago in Dragon Story.
Come on, Forest, bring it on!

Bambamstad
10-07-14, 11:35 AM
It has started...

kooky panda
10-07-14, 11:50 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73818-Tournament-10-7-Owl-Bear!&p=977675&viewfull=1#post977675

New tournament!