PDA

View Full Version : Slow to get coins. Am I doing something wrong

Dhenstra
09-29-14, 12:08 PM
I am on level 29 and am finding it so hard to get coins to add up. I am sending all my deliveries by plane and train but they are just not adding up. Going to take forever to buy gem shop, juicer and not balloon expansion. I play everyday. When I went in today my daily coins were only 220. Any suggestions

ciarjen
09-29-14, 12:28 PM
I am on level 29 and am finding it so hard to get coins to add up. I am sending all my deliveries by plane and train but they are just not adding up. Going to take forever to buy gem shop, juicer and not balloon expansion. I play everyday. When I went in today my daily coins were only 220. Any suggestions

I have two game play modes. If I want to make coins, I stop doing all plane and train deliveries. And if I want to level up with XP, then I make deliveries.

So for you I would suggest to decide what you really want. If it is to buy something, then I would suggest you stop making all deliveries and sell everything you make in the store. The best building to get out of those you mentioned, is the juicer, for return on your money.

I made a thread with some tips about selling fast to make coins

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67721-Tips-to-sell-fast-and-make-coins

Hoila
09-29-14, 06:49 PM
I have two game play modes. If I want to make coins, I stop doing all plane and train deliveries. And if I want to level up with XP, then I make deliveries.

So for you I would suggest to decide what you really want. If it is to buy something, then I would suggest you stop making all deliveries and sell everything you make in the store. The best building to get out of those you mentioned, is the juicer, for return on your money.

I made a thread with some tips about selling fast to make coins

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67721-Tips-to-sell-fast-and-make-coins

Thanks ciarjen, that was really helpful. For me, after I expanded to the train, I've been preoccupied with buying and making stuff for the train deliveries, because I didn't want to spend too much money since I wasn't making much in the shop. The lure of 5 gems is just so strong :) But I'm split between doing that and making stuff to sell in the shop, using buildings not needed for the train deliveries, which is to say, not a lot. And now I'm hesitant to sell anything in case the train needs it for deliveries; I'm waiting till the train comes back soon... -.-

By the way, I'm on level 28, and also saving up to get the deli. I've also totally stopped for plane deliveries...

HarunaMin
09-29-14, 07:49 PM
I agree with ciarjen, if you want to make coins, you should probably stop sending planes and train deliveries.
And i know, levels around 30 are hard ones, all buildings seem too expensive to buy, and selling seems too hard to move on, and you never have enough barn space, etc.
So my suggestions would be:
1. open more shop slots and try to fill them up.
2. have as many neighbours as possible.
3. try selling basic products at or a bit below market rate, eg. chocolate, flour, flax... these move really fast normally.

Good luck to you!

PookieBear50
09-29-14, 08:41 PM
Except during special events, my standard practice for earning coins is:

1. Do my best to fulfill plane orders within reason. I don't buy items from the newspaper just to fulfill orders, but I am also picky on which orders to fulfill. For example, if the order calls for a bunch of crops that take a while to grow or items that take time to produce, but offer very little, then I discard the order and wait for a new one to replace it (generally speaking, anything less than 150 c, depending on how many items or how quickly I can fulfill it). The coins received may be lower, but the XP adds up, and depending on the next level, the items that become available might help to bring in more coins (for example, 3 more plots, a new crop, etc.).

2. Ditto for the train. I won't go overboard trying to fulfill everything, but at least I can open up space in my barn and silo by selling some items to the train, and then replacing them with new items. If I can get to at least the bronze level, I receive a few more coins; I usually aim for the silver, but if I can't, then I don't shop for anything else.

3. When I put things up for sell in my Side Shop, I usually limit quantities to 2 for most crafted items, and 5 for crops. I also sell them at market price. All things considered, 2 and 5 sell better than larger amounts, as most players generally don't need such large quantities of either goods or crops. I personally feel that the market price is more attractive to buyers than the much higher prices of those who go for the maximum, and still making a decent profit rather than marking everything to the lowest. I usually have a good turnover of items in my side shop, with purchases being made even as I'm trying to finish filling empty slots in my shop.

With the Hot Air Balloon so often requesting at least 2 or 3 basic items, you might possibly collect a lot of extra coins by offering basic items (milk, eggs, etc.) in quantities of 10, even just at market price.

Dhenstra
09-29-14, 11:16 PM
Thank you everyone for the information. Helped so much. I have already made 20000 so won't be long before I get the juicer, and other buildings. Ciarjen I have added you. Anyone else feel free to add me. Dhenstra

elizabetheva
09-30-14, 09:32 AM
I'm at level 26 and also really low on coins - I have yet to buy the pizza oven and I'm thinking of going straight for the juicer instead. Thanks for posting, the suggestions are helpful!

Aside from cows I only have one pen of each animal, I'm wondering if anyone thinks it would help to double up on those before going for another building? It would mean more to sell, but only of basic items, so I'm just curious.

GameOfFarms
09-30-14, 08:03 PM
I'm at level 26 and also really low on coins - I have yet to buy the pizza oven and I'm thinking of going straight for the juicer instead. Thanks for posting, the suggestions are helpful!

Aside from cows I only have one pen of each animal, I'm wondering if anyone thinks it would help to double up on those before going for another building? It would mean more to sell, but only of basic items, so I'm just curious.

Bacon and wool sell very quickly. I can sell both at full price and they'll be snapped up. As they are both used to make multiple different items I think a lot of people run out quickly. I doubled up (and then tripled) my animal pens reasonably quickly I think. Wool items sell very well too, and the quickest and, I think, most profitable would be the scarf (2 wool/1 hour/92 market price).

Eggs sell reasonably well. As does animal feed, especially pet food.

sektzah
10-01-14, 01:45 AM
Once u got the juicer coins will come easily.
The orange juice x 10 sells for $1700+ ( you'll have to invest in trees but it will pay off)
Orange + lemons will regrow every 20 hours and making the juice will take 40 min.

ndtrance
10-01-14, 11:47 AM
I think I'm level 26 or 27 but I've learned over time what everyone here has said. I fill up train orders a few times a week and send out up to 8 plane deliveries a day. But I focus on selling in the side shop when I can as fulfilling train and plane orders is time consuming, and costs money if you have to buy products you don't have. It's also easy enough to half fill the train and get 2 gems. I think my shop makes around 4000 coins a day if I keep restocking. I sell cheaply too because any money is better than none.

reewinder
10-01-14, 04:02 PM
Also make sure to expand your side shop whenever you get the chance. Once I fully expanded my shop....I think you can sell up to 12 items.....the money started rolling in. You just have to keep inventory full to be at the top of your neighbors list when they go shopping. Someone with 10 to 12 items will be first in line vs someone with 1 or 2 items will be at the bottom of the list. Whenevr there's an event going on I always make a lot of money. This last event I started out with around $155,000 and by the end of the event I had over $310,000.....and I spent a ton of money myself buying items to send out on deliveries to get the tree parts to earn the cat. It does get easier once you get more buildings and expand the shop. I'm level 46 now and I remember I struggled for cash up until I bought the pizza oven and juicer. Once I got those and started focusing on selling rather than leveling up the cash started rolling in.
Don't try and get to level 60 as fast as you can. The more you level up the more cash it's going to take.

ciarjen
10-02-14, 02:22 AM
Thank you everyone for the information. Helped so much. I have already made 20000 so won't be long before I get the juicer, and other buildings. Ciarjen I have added you. Anyone else feel free to add me. Dhenstra

If the train deliveries are something you enjoy, there is nothing wrong with making that your focus in the game.

To do train deliveries I would suggest not trying to level up as the higher the level you get the harder the train will be to do (more items, more rare and complicated items, more need to hold some stock in the barn)

One thing about trying to make money is that it is easy to be fooled by higher priced items thinking that it means more money for you when you sell them or if you need them for the train, that you will save money by making them yourself.

This is not always the case. To make these items you often need items which have already been crafted. The overall time to make the item often far outweighs any profit you get because when considering the profit you need to look at what you could have been making in the building and sold instead while you are making the high value item.

A simple example of this is the chocolate maker. I make chocolate all day long. It only uses a basic ingredients (no other ingredient which needs to be crafted first). I will compare it with the milk chocolates which take longer and need an item which has already been crafted.

Dark Chocolate

3 cocoa = 42 coins
1 hour craft time
sells = 59 coins
Profit = 17 coins

Milk Chocolates

2 cocoa = 28 coins
1 sugar = 56 coins
1 milk = 14 coins
Total for ingredients = 98 coins
Craft time 1.5 hours
Sells = 115 coins
Profit = 17 coins

Compare profit over 3 hours crafting time

3 dark chocolates sell for 51 coins profit
2 milk chocolates sell for 34 coins profit

So the dark chocolate is actually more profitable but it doesn't end there. Milk chocolate needs an ingredient which is crafted - sugar - so to get that 34 coins profit selling 2 milk chocolates you need to use your windmill for 40 minutes to make 2 sugar.

If you had been making dark chocolate instead, during that 40 minutes you could have made 4 flours instead.

8 wheat = 24 coins
4 flours sell = 124 coins
Profit = 100 coins

In summary to compare the 2 with profit over 3 hours

Dark chocolate = 151 coins
Milk chocolate = 34 coins

That's just one example; there are so many of them. There is more profit in simple quick recipes and your windmills and dairies will be your most profitable resource buildings. When making train deliveries it may actually be cheaper to pay full price in the market buying items rather than making them yourself, so that you can use your resource buildings to make the most profitable item to sell in your shop.