PDA

View Full Version : farm valentines is here pic included!!

Unregistered
01-28-11, 10:36 PM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8479/sinttuloxua.png

Unregistered
01-28-11, 10:40 PM
Is there anything new? New content of any kind??? There wasn't in City

Unregistered
01-28-11, 10:41 PM

5 gems, quest, roses no gems cost that is sooooooooooooo cooooooolll

Unregistered
01-29-11, 02:11 AM

In Farm Story, there two new roses. Yellow and white each cost one gem.

KLondon
01-29-11, 06:03 AM
Can I delete the old App or should I keep it?
Thanks.

Massi
01-29-11, 06:25 AM
No new Level, no new Crops, no new Stuff!!
The Game crashed every time!
My Inventory is empty!

Happy Valentine TeamLava!
Massi

Pirek
01-29-11, 06:58 AM
I downloaded it too. I got 5 gems extra for my trouble but personally, I don't like it. The farm now has a border of tulips around it and outside the farm are red rose bushes scattered. Both are purely for decorative reasons, as far as I can tell, you can't remove them, or water them. To me, the border of tulips will interfere with current and future designs of my farm (if you have a garden of flowers it would be more appropriate).

The only addition is white and yellow rose bushes, each costing 1 gem. No new levels, decorations, or expansions. Other changes include:
1. you can now invite friends via text and email
2. there are updated on-screen icons (gifts are called news now) and a new icon which gives you a drop-down list of other available gams, such as Bakery Story, Empire Story, etc.
3. another new icon (a tree), which I haven't explored yet, but someone elsewhere called a "quest". When opened, it gave me a screen telling me that I have a huge farm and that I should plough it to plant some crops but I could skip ploughing for 5 gems (considering that I already have a field of rice growing and ready to be harvested in a few hours time, I wasn't about to do that). There wasn't much explanation about this feature in the help, so until my rice is ready, I won't be exploring this any further.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 07:00 AM
Very unhappy - I had a lot in there!!! Any chance it will get restored???

Unregistered
01-29-11, 07:09 AM
The flowers are very pretty...could use some details in the FAQ on how the tasks work. If i skip I get 5 gems? What do I get if i don't skip?

Unregistered
01-29-11, 07:12 AM
I lost my inventory and i don't have mini games or quests on my iphone but I do on my ipod they give u some ep and coins for completing them.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 08:08 AM
I didn't receive any city bucks for downloading the valentine version! Did anyone else experience that.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 08:49 AM
It takes a while for it to show up in the original CS, but it should show up right away in the Valentines version.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 10:28 AM
It takes a while for it to show up in the original CS, but it should show up right away in the Valentines version.
i went ahead and did the task of using fertizier on corn and my next task did not require me to buy anything to do.
that may be why we got free gems to be able to use on the fertizier on one of the first tasks.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 03:15 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know... The task thing does't seem to be working though. I've plowed 5times but it still shows incomplete...

Unregistered
01-29-11, 03:28 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know... The task thing does't seem to be working though. I've plowed 5times but it still shows incomplete...

Mine is working fine. I am up to buying pigs. I have to wait to collect from them 2 times before I can get my next task.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 05:05 PM
No quests on iPad. Just some roses. That's it. What a pile of ****.

Donnahh
01-29-11, 05:10 PM
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything that resembles a task?
Or is it the tree icon? Am I missing the obvious?

Unregistered
01-29-11, 05:23 PM
I haven't got a tree icon even. Nothing is different except the tulips round the edge, and few gem roses, that's it. Praying this ain't the update. Can someone post a pic of where this tree icon is?

Unregistered
01-29-11, 05:25 PM

right below your coins

three boxes a tree then below that an apple(i think) and below that a wrench

I tried to take a picture but these boxes do not show up.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 05:28 PM
Don't have any of those things on mine. Really fed up.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 05:30 PM
Don't have any of those things on mine. Really fed up.

I am hearing that ipad users do not have it. IM sure they will be doing a fix. lots of glitches.

Donnahh
01-29-11, 05:32 PM
right below your coins

three boxes a tree then below that an apple(i think) and below that a wrench

I tried to take a picture but these boxes do not show up.

I have an iPod touch and there are not those icons on mine, just a tree that when I click it it asks me if I want to plow my "huge" farm, and I can't click a tick in the box or do anything with it.

I went back to my original Farm Story so I can water and visit neighbors without being bogged down with more lag than a Justin Beiber site.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 05:35 PM

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/da14fbbc.png

CaSt1532
01-29-11, 05:39 PM
When I first downloaded the app for iPad, I didn't see see the tasks. But earlier in the morning, I did see it. It takes times.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 05:44 PM
I have an iPad...my task tree is there but it doesn't show the task as completed even though I have plowed way more than 5. My inventory is gone again too... Hope they fix these bugs soon! I'm assuming there will be another update after valentines day??? Farm story Easter??? I love they give us these games for free but if I start spending all my time with it aggravated - maybe the cost is too high after all....

Donnahh
01-29-11, 05:51 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/da14fbbc.png

You make me drool with your iPad.
Thank you for the screenshot, now I'm confused why my tree icon thinggy didn't pick up that I harvested and plowed my entire farm right after installing the app :S

I'm sure it will work its way out, or something. Thanks heaps for clearing that up for me, now I just gotta work out how to make it recognize the next time I plow!

Unregistered
01-29-11, 05:59 PM
Very unhappy - I had a lot in there!!! Any chance it will get restored???

if i delete the valentine update will i lose my ""regular"" farm? please let me know to much time invested to lose progress now...

Donnahh
01-29-11, 06:20 PM

I had to plow on completely "free" land, not just on the ones I'd already harvested. Try that and I assume it will work for you as it did for me.
I can tell you what tho, for the next task when it wants me to plow 30 times I will be fairly cranky if I have to sell recently harvested plots just to plow on "virginal" ground. It's unnecessary and (this might just be me) I can't just click to plow, I have to move the square into position because they don't just go straight for me for some reason.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 07:17 PM
I had to plow on completely "free" land, not just on the ones I'd already harvested. Try that and I assume it will work for you as it did for me.
I can tell you what tho, for the next task when it wants me to plow 30 times I will be fairly cranky if I have to sell recently harvested plots just to plow on "virginal" ground. It's unnecessary and (this might just be me) I can't just click to plow, I have to move the square into position because they don't just go straight for me for some reason.

Me too. Crop does not line up. I made little corner
To use for the crops and buying items for the tasks

Unregistered
01-29-11, 11:54 PM
i planted some yellow roses and white roses in the Farm story: Valentine's version, and later i found out the area where i planted the yellow/white roses is gone from the old version...... the partial farm just gone and i would not do anything on it. What is going on? Thank u!

Unregistered
01-30-11, 12:37 AM
I downloaded it yesterday, seemed cute at the beginning... but then it crashes more often than the old farm, the ploughing and harvesting are slower as ever, and the quests are absurd... It's maybe OK if somebody is beginning the game, but I am already on Lev. 40, and almost reached the max neighbors, so some of the quests required are simply not feasible (es. plough 30 times (yes, fresh land), plant 20 strawberries, 10 corn, 10 carrots, make three new neighbors, use fertilizers, buy a bench and 2 chairs, buy 2 red and 2 yellow hay balls, buy 2 sheeps and 2 white chickens, etc etc...) I have already all this stuff! I do not want to buy it again or to use gems only to skip things I already did! The money you get with the quests is far below the one you spend in completing the quests...
Only positive feature, which I hope gets implemented also in the Farm Story classic, is that you earn gems also with the trees once completed the string (same as for crops), but here's another hack, the money or xp you get on the Valentine version are not transferred on the Farm Story, but the money and gems you spent are gone from both versions!!!! It's very unfair.
In order not to mix up everything, (and I'm quite proud of my farm) I just deleted the Valentine version.
happy farming to you all!

Unregistered
01-30-11, 06:39 AM
Ploughing just doesn't work very well in the new one, I have to go back to original version to plough a new plot, but then it doesn't count in the valentine one for the task  seems a lot of bugs still

Unregistered
01-30-11, 06:40 AM
Rice doesn't look like water in valentine one which sucks as it's the only vaguely water feature we had

Unregistered
01-30-11, 10:32 AM
Rice doesn't look like water in valentine one which sucks as it's the only vaguely water feature we had

I had whole pretty thing going with a water fountain and rice plots and now it's kaput :( very sad....

Unregistered
01-30-11, 10:49 AM

I noticed this right away. I loved the rice paddies with water, now rice looks like everything else I plant.

Unregistered
01-30-11, 02:21 PM
make sure you are plowing on vacant land. If you space you will have to delete some plots so you can
put down new ones.