PDA

View Full Version : Most Creatures Grouped In Corners

ArcadiaTofu
09-27-14, 04:35 PM
I've noticed a particular 'bug' that happens to quite a lot of my creatures. It seems most of them like to only walk around in corners together instead of walking randomly around the habitat individually. I could understand if this happened every now and again but it's a pretty regular occurrence.

I would really like to see all the creatures walking around the full length of the habitats randomly instead of just seeking out one particular corner and/or all grouping in one place together. Here are a few examples of this annoying 'corner grouping' that is more of a bug than anything (imo):

15786 15787

cquinn32
09-27-14, 08:47 PM
I can agree with this. All my animals tend to migrate to the top of the habitat rarely using the bottom half

ArcadiaTofu
09-27-14, 09:54 PM
I can agree with this. All my animals tend to migrate to the top of the habitat rarely using the bottom half

Exactly. It's like the programmers made it so that all the animals just want to go into a corner for time-out, or forgot to program it to let the animals use the entire enclosure they're in >.< Would def. like it if the animals all used the ENTIRE habitat instead of the top corner. I've noticed this has been the norm since Day 1, but why it wouldn't be fixed (or spotted) sooner is beyond me 0.o

[S8] Regina
09-29-14, 11:25 AM
This is by design and intended. Animals tend to roam around the middle of the habitat or higher, while some Animals fly above it and land at a corner and walk.

ArcadiaTofu
09-29-14, 08:13 PM
Regina;974399']This is by design and intended. Animals tend to roam around the middle of the habitat or higher, while some Animals fly above it and land at a corner and walk.

Wow! Thanks for the clarification and speedy reply :D Though, I've never noticed the flying hybrids actually landing in the enclosures. Though, I'm curious... how come they only usually go for the top part and middle part of an enclosure and never towards the bottom or opposing sides? Especially where flying creatures are concerned, it would just seem easier for users to spot their flying beasties if they didn't overlap in just one particular corner but also gravitated to all other corners.

Kind of like an assignment of values for certain spots in a habitat but randomize it just enough so that all animals don't overlap each other in corners or the middle to block out their beauty. Example being:

Pegasus is in Corner A (top left) while Nightmare is in Corner B (top right) while Onyx Ox is in middle portion (M) or bottom corners (RC or LC) before rotating their positions around after a minute or two in a random pattern---at least for habitats with 3-4 max animals so it doesn't get too overcrowded. I guess the main problem is in regards to flying animals since they always tend to block other animals that gravitate to one particular corner (I currently cannot see my Hydro Yak b/c my Ocean Owl is flapping in front of it while it paces behind it, out of sight). Or even for land animals the problem is still there: My Onyx Ox likes to block my Troll when they're always pacing in the corner together.

Or is this not making sense..? :( Still curious, though, why the bottom part of an enclosure is never used...