PDA

View Full Version : Keeping track of your dragons

tify74
09-25-14, 01:18 AM
I need to find a way to keep track of what dragons I have and dont have, so it will be easier to remember what to go for next, and which ones to lvl.
How do u guys keep track? Do u have it all in ur head, or r u making lists or something third?
Also do u trade all ur fails, or do u sell some so u dont block the temple with evolving fails to lvl 4 for trading?

buttabdullah99
09-25-14, 03:16 AM
I am keeping dragons in mind which I don't have and yes there is dragon album also in which u can see which dragons u have and which u don't have but I don't use to go there I just remember for which dragon I should go and sometimes I don't have any idea for which dragon I should go
And for trading
I have all the gemstones except onyx so I usually sell dragons but the dragons which are having long breeding time I hatch them and evolve them to get bombs for mins and after that I trade them
Hope u understand
U can keep Dragons after evolving if u don't want to trade or if u r having all gemstones

tify74
09-26-14, 01:02 AM
I do understand, ty :). However I think I need some sort of system, to many times I have thrown random dragons in breeding pen because I didnt know what to try for.

tify74
09-26-14, 02:55 PM
Well heres a perfect example of why I need some sort of system, and a good laugh for all of u reading this.

Earlier today I realised I didnt see the baby winddancer anywhere on my island, so I figured it was evolving. When the evolving was done it was not my winddanser and I started to worry. I searched my island again, checked the album incl the greyed out ones, no where to be found. So I found one of the posts that have a link to support and was in full process of explaining my missing dragon, when I thought I need to check 1 last time. Guess what, the hatching egg I thought was one of the event dragons was in fact my winddanser

Way to give myself a heartattact :rolleyes:

Zummat
09-26-14, 06:36 PM
I've tried to keep a record of my dragons but wasn't able to keep up with it. I have a Winddancer story too. During this world event I almost sold my Winddancer off the nest! I've been buying, hatching, and selling constantly on my two extra nests and wasn't paying close attention when Winddancer was ready. Whew, dodged a bullet!

Anasarra
09-27-14, 10:50 AM
I started playing in March of 2013 and quickly found myself in trouble keeping track! I have started and grown out of a bunch of self designed 'systems'. Currently I have something like an index card for each dragon. Cards are arranged alphabetically and hole punched with a metal ring to hold them. I have two sets. When a new dragon is announced I make a card and add it (alphabetically) to the set of cards for the dragons I do not have. Then, when I breed one I don't have yet, I move that card over to the 'Have' set (always a thrill!). The rings keep it flexible.

Then, on the cards you can keep notes for yourself - rarity, colors, location, duplicates, levels .... On the back of my cards I keep battle data such as what dragons are good to use against .... Which ones have won/lost.

AJImmer
09-27-14, 02:06 PM
I use a spreadsheet program (excel) on my laptop to track my games. For dragon story I have different tabs that I use for 1) dragons by name (including rarity, elements, earning rate, and source i.e. special events), 2) dragons by location (a list of all habitats owned and which dragons are in each habitat) and stage of evolution, 3) breeding pairings and results , 4) battle arena results, and 5) crafting parts (tracking the parts I have and need for crafting dragons).

Zummat
09-27-14, 02:28 PM
I don't keep an inventory of my dragons but in Excel I do keep track of all my tournaments and have a color chart that I use to choose opponents. I've never tracked breeding results.

Anaboe
09-27-14, 03:26 PM
In Excel I have a list of all dragons that are released, ever. I keep track of:
* limited or not
* date issued
* limited till date xxx
* date I got the dragon
* how I got the dragon (breeding, tournament etc.)
* if there is a way to get the dragon
* ways the dragon is/was obtainable (breeding, spin the wheel, etc)
* reason why it isn't obtainable
* what kind of dragon it is (color)
* what rarity it is
* if it's an Arctic dragon
* if it's usuable in the arena

I can easily see what dragon I want to try for, what dragons I have, it can be put alphabeticly, of by any of the proporty I've listed (for example, I can select only those I bought with gold)

For the tournaments I do practicly the same:
round, dragon, level, advice from calculator, chance of winning, advice given on the forum, what dragon won, what dragon lost, and when I won the round.

I'm still planning on making a program that cross-references my list of dragons I posses against the list of dragons in a tournament and across the calculator, so I get an automated list of the oponents I should put against these dragons.

I also have a program that calculates which dragons should be put together in habitats, so that habitats get filled as equally as possible, so you can make as much money, in as little time as possible, without overflowing of your habitats.

I think I'm putting too much time in DS, and take it a bit too far...

dubbleyooteeyef
09-27-14, 06:16 PM
In Excel I have a list of all dragons that are released, ever. I keep track of:
* limited or not
* date issued
* limited till date xxx
* date I got the dragon
* how I got the dragon (breeding, tournament etc.)
* if there is a way to get the dragon
* ways the dragon is/was obtainable (breeding, spin the wheel, etc)
* reason why it isn't obtainable
* what kind of dragon it is (color)
* what rarity it is
* if it's an Arctic dragon
* if it's usuable in the arena

I can easily see what dragon I want to try for, what dragons I have, it can be put alphabeticly, of by any of the proporty I've listed (for example, I can select only those I bought with gold)

For the tournaments I do practicly the same:
round, dragon, level, advice from calculator, chance of winning, advice given on the forum, what dragon won, what dragon lost, and when I won the round.

I'm still planning on making a program that cross-references my list of dragons I posses against the list of dragons in a tournament and across the calculator, so I get an automated list of the oponents I should put against these dragons.

I also have a program that calculates which dragons should be put together in habitats, so that habitats get filled as equally as possible, so you can make as much money, in as little time as possible, without overflowing of your habitats.

I think I'm putting too much time in DS, and take it a bit too far...

You sound normal to me. You should have seen me during my Diablo 2 days ....

OP, there's 2 ways to manage inventory in games like this.
1/ Someone writes a program. If your lucky it scans your game, otherwise you punch details in.
2/ You have a list in Excel or worse yet, on paper.

I have not found a program to do it and I'm too dumb to write one.

Anaboe
09-28-14, 03:53 AM
True, true, all you say. On a particular race-game, hidden races came up now and than. I've made a map with all hidden races and when they occourd. I'm always this dedicated, intil I loose interest... Always try to beat the game... Optimize... For me, DS isn't about luck, but about planning, time and dedication... Far more important than luck...

freesiawoods
09-28-14, 04:11 AM
I use a breeding guide app I downloaded from the playstore. It lists the dragons in alpha order and you grey it out if you have the dragon. Not sophisticated but easy for lazy folks like me.

FigmentValley
09-29-14, 04:27 PM
It's a good mental exercise - to keep three games worth of dragons in my head. I admit, though, when I hatch out one in a game where I want to keep it for coin, then trade or sell it, I will immediately rename it "sell" or "trade". That sorts out the duplicates in an efficient manner.

I generally get a dragon stuck in my head to breed and just keep pounding at it. Look at the sale page -it will show you attractive ones to try for. Or remember the ones you desperately wished you had a tournament or two ago. Those are excellent ones to attempt to breed.

amerirish
09-29-14, 05:46 PM
I have two accounts; this one is on my iPhone and my other is on Kindle. I need to start a list for the iPhone game simply because I have so many dragons that are not breedable(from tournaments, world events, sales, album rewards, etc.). The problem I have is that there seem to be 2 new dragons every week so it's impossible to keep trying for all of them.

bexrexbex
10-02-14, 06:32 AM
I just have an spreadsheet for Dragon Story on my Google Drive (so I can access it anywhere). This is where I track who I receive/give gold from and to, and I keep a list of all my dragons. Have 114 unique dragons at the moment. Never bought any with gold.