PDA

View Full Version : Hedgehog - new earth-nature rare 9/23/14

zenobia42
09-23-14, 11:43 AM
14-hour breed time
Which is the EXACT SAME breeding time as the super-rare earth-nature (Grassquatch). Making the exact same breeding times on ANY different animals is annoying. When it's the exact same time for animals of the same exact composition, that's EXTRA annoying.

Essentially the same body as fairy ferret / racmoon / aquatter / chameneon:

Thanks to EviBrooklyn for the egg screenshot.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15652

Anyuszko
09-23-14, 11:44 AM
Horray, TL listens to us. New animal, after a long wait.

Earth-nature rare. At least it is not super.

Anyuszko
09-23-14, 11:45 AM
New animal - Hedgehog
Horray, TL listens to us. New animal, after a long wait.

Earth-nature rare. At least it is not super.

my607
09-23-14, 11:55 AM
TL listens one animal today.

zenobia42
09-23-14, 11:56 AM
horray, tl listens to us. New animal, after a long wait.
lmfao!

zenobia42
09-23-14, 11:56 AM
TL listens one animal today.

But still a total of 4 within the last week.

my607
09-23-14, 11:58 AM
Breeding time is 14 hours.

EviBrooklyn
09-23-14, 11:59 AM
New and rare ( earth and nature) 14 hours breeding15657

EviBrooklyn
09-23-14, 12:01 PM
Breeding time is 14 hours.
Cute animal but this one flies also

my607
09-23-14, 12:06 PM
Please TL animals that don't fly. Thanks

zenobia42
09-23-14, 12:08 PM
Please TL animals that don't fly. Thanks

I, too wish there were more land animals. But I wish MORE that "new" animals would actually be new, not the same bodies recycled over and over again. See: fairy ferret, racmoon, aquatter, chameneon.

zenobia42
09-23-14, 12:11 PM
FYI, the 14 hour breed time means that this earth-nature and the super-rare earth-nature (Grassquatch) have the EXACT SAME BREEDING TIME. Meaning even if you put a panda and a rhino in the den, and get 14 hours, you have no clue which of these two you are getting. WHY do they do that?!?!?

my607
09-23-14, 12:40 PM
I think 10 hours should be good because lots of animals here are over 10 hrs even armadillos. It takes forever to breed then it goes to the nest tree. Everything takes too long not just for breeding animals. Like removing rocks and things when you are trying to expand.

zenobia42
09-23-14, 12:41 PM
Has TL been known in other game to make breeding times more reasonable after enough complaints? For me, really, the main thing is not this one. It's the stupid Thunderhawk. It has like a friggen 90% outcome rate whtehter you put in 2, 3, or 4 elements. If you include nature and electrical, you have a 90% chance of getting a Thunderhawk, with a breed time that is completely absurd even compared to the other electricals. It has annoyed me so much that I am boy-cotting EVER putting those two elements in the den again unless they cut that ludicrous 16 hours for a COMMON like in half. But this is almost as bad.

sanya87
09-23-14, 01:15 PM
Really? Another flying creature + copy of what we already have, i mean its like more we complain more they continue to do exactly the same thing. I am just sick of all these flying creatures in my forest and i have only two duplicates. For me this game is becoming just worse and worse.

zenobia42
09-23-14, 02:24 PM
Actually, since I am missing the Grassquatch as well, and clearly NEVER going to get the unicorn anyway, I might as well just throw the panda and rhino in the den until I get 14 hours. Then I'll know I'm scratching either the hedgehog or the grassquatch off my list. It's really pretty pointless at this point to keep trying for the unicorn. It's clearly not in the cards for me. And at least the earth-nature fails are not the thunderhawk 16-hour ones that I just can't tolerate any more.

EviBrooklyn
09-23-14, 04:14 PM
Actually, since I am missing the Grassquatch as well, and clearly NEVER going to get the unicorn anyway, I might as well just throw the panda and rhino in the den until I get 14 hours. Then I'll know I'm scratching either the hedgehog or the grassquatch off my list. It's really pretty pointless at this point to keep trying for the unicorn. It's clearly not in the cards for me. And at least the earth-nature fails are not the thunderhawk 16-hour ones that I just can't tolerate any more.

The odds of getting a planter if breeding panda & rhino are so high it's aggrevating

SANDSCApe
09-23-14, 05:05 PM
FYI, the 14 hour breed time means that this earth-nature and the super-rare earth-nature (Grassquatch) have the EXACT SAME BREEDING TIME. Meaning even if you put a panda and a rhino in the den, and get 14 hours, you have no clue which of these two you are getting. WHY do they do that?!?!?

Well, since I don't have Grassquatch either, if hell freezes over and an Earth-Nature pair starts a 14-hour dance in my Garden, I can finally do the super samba. I wouldn't care whether it's Grass or Hedge.

Then again, I tend not to get very excited when I already have the same element type, in this case, Sloth.

seekerbears
09-23-14, 05:38 PM
TL's thinking process:

Players don't want flying animals? Let's make another! Oh wait this guy looks exactly like the fairy ferret oh well who cares and while we're at it lets increase the breeding time just to get some money out of them. GO TEAM

dragonloona
09-23-14, 07:57 PM
Just got the new creature, hedgehog which is now level 10!!! Pictures below!!!!
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/image2_zps72645af0.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image2_zps72645af0.jpg.html)
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zps57dc80b6.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zps57dc80b6.png.html)

hugpete
09-24-14, 01:46 AM
I might as well just throw the panda and rhino in the den until I get 14 hours.

No no no! Breed your Sloth with Bamboon if you have it, or sloth & planthers. I bred planthers & bamboon, failed. Then Grassquatch & Sloth and got 14 hrs. I really do think the rarity matters.

hugpete
09-24-14, 01:52 AM
Also, I guess I'm just used to DS because the long breed times don't faze me. DS breeding goes from 10 seconds to 44 hours (Diamond dragon, which is ultraRare) and everything in between. A simple black dragon has a 23 hour breed time. And there are many sets of dragons that all are built on the same "base", though the differences between cousin dragons seem a little more pronounced in DS vs FFS. So... don't hold your collective breath for changes to these aspects of the game.

ETA: I had to edit to put this anecdote from DS. Just bred a Night dragon (black element) with a Bat dragon (black and yellow elements) and got 8 hours. Black in DS does this great thing (sarcasm) called splitting. When you breed it, it can break down into its component parts, which are blue and purple. (Imagine if Dark split to water and fire! Terrible, right?) so my 8 hour breed could be Genie (purple & yellow elements ), or Royal (Royal element) or Cosmic (Cosmic element). "But wait!" you think, "There were no Cosmic or Royal elements in the breeding pool!" Correct. But yellow and purple elements can combine to make either Cosmic or Royal. Once there got to be hundreds of dragons, breeding became more and more complicated.

This, I expect, will be the future of FFS too.

SANDSCApe
09-24-14, 02:03 AM
Well, since I don't have Grassquatch either, if hell freezes over and an Earth-Nature pair starts a 14-hour dance in my Garden, I can finally do the super samba. I wouldn't care whether it's Grass or Hedge.

Then again, I tend not to get very excited when I already have the same element type, in this case, Sloth.

Just one cotton-pickin minute -- the Hedge is RARE? I thought it was another Super I could try for. Now I'm even less impressed. And I guess I won't be doing any super samba because now that I know that one is rare but both have same times, if I get the 14 hours it's bound to be rare. And that's only cuz there ain't no doggone 14-hour common for me to get.

BlueCanary
09-24-14, 06:49 AM
Also, I guess I'm just used to DS because the long breed times don't faze me. DS breeding goes from 10 seconds to 44 hours (Diamond dragon, which is ultraRare) and everything in between. A simple black dragon has a 23 hour breed time. And there are many sets of dragons that all are built on the same "base", though the differences between cousin dragons seem a little more pronounced in DS vs FFS. So... don't hold your collective breath for changes to these aspects of the game.

ETA: I had to edit to put this anecdote from DS. Just bred a Night dragon (black element) with a Bat dragon (black and yellow elements) and got 8 hours. Black in DS does this great thing (sarcasm) called splitting. When you breed it, it can break down into its component parts, which are blue and purple. (Imagine if Dark split to water and fire! Terrible, right?) so my 8 hour breed could be Genie (purple & yellow elements ), or Royal (Royal element) or Cosmic (Cosmic element). "But wait!" you think, "There were no Cosmic or Royal elements in the breeding pool!" Correct. But yellow and purple elements can combine to make either Cosmic or Royal. Once there got to be hundreds of dragons, breeding became more and more complicated.

This, I expect, will be the future of FFS too.

Black in DS will split, but it won't combine back into single elements- its a bit odd but breeding doesn't work that way in DS. You can get any combination of purple, yellow, blue and black, but cannot get a cosmic or royal from it. You CAN get a leo (zodiac) but thats because the black will combine with the yellow instead of splitting. Check the breeding calculator if you don't believe me :) Breeding in DS is a neat game of juggling dragons to get the most efficient combo.

I don't mind the long waits, because the waits in this game are nothing compared with DS (though I don't really mind that either.) I like the mix of flying and land animals and don't think there's too many flying creatures, especially compared to DS where most high level islands are a churning mass of wings.

Base body forms get recycled because it saves a lot of memory space on the game (at least I'm going to assume because its done on console games, at least back in the day when space was an issue) Every new body type needs a new set of animations, so every body that can draw from the same pool of animations saves some room. They'll add in new types slowly, but there's no way every single animal is going to be completely unique, not if you want it to work on an older phone. Some will look more different than others, DS does the same thing. Some reuses look completely different, others are basically texture swaps.

I think the hedgehog is cute. Its not on my priority list for breeding at the moment, but I'll get to it eventually.

zenobia42
09-24-14, 09:27 AM
No no no! Breed your Sloth with Bamboon if you have it, or sloth & planthers. I bred planthers & bamboon, failed. Then Grassquatch & Sloth and got 14 hrs. I really do think the rarity matters.

Tried sloth + bamboon. Another plantler. :(

Phaedrakiki
09-24-14, 11:43 AM
I just got 14 hrs. Missing Grassquatch, too--so I'm happy! Thanks TL, I'm loving all these cool animals. And the new decor colors have made my little forest so colorful. I'm bummed I can't breed a unicorn, of course. But overall, quite happy with this game!

hugpete
09-24-14, 11:46 AM
Tried sloth + bamboon. Another plantler. :(

Is the Sloth somewhat leveled up?

ETA: my 14 hr breed was Hedgehog, with Grassquatch 10 and Sloth 11 as parents.

zenobia42
09-24-14, 01:42 PM
Is the Sloth somewhat leveled up?

ETA: my 14 hr breed was Hedgehog, with Grassquatch 10 and Sloth 11 as parents.

My sloth is level 15. I have 2 bamboons so I put the lower level one in. I thought the theory was only that rarity might matter not that level might too.

zenobia42
09-24-14, 06:55 PM
Tried rhino and panda again and got 14 hours! I do hope it's the grassquatch as opposed to this absurdly long time for very little income critter... but either way my list of animals missing from my album goes back to 9!... until Friday anyway, when it'll presumably go back up to 11. Sigh.

bluefoxcrystal
09-24-14, 11:53 PM
Staying comfortably around the 8 missing mark :)(don't count the gems.. Until I get them, they will not count to my album completion XD) I hope to get this cutie soon! Just bred me another grasssquatch... Which I sold!

Btw Zenobia, I like your signature ;) I'm sure you'll get a nice little princess for christmas!

hugpete
09-25-14, 12:18 AM
Tried rhino and panda again and got 14 hours! I do hope it's the grassquatch as opposed to this absurdly long time for very little income critter... but either way my list of animals missing from my album goes back to 9!... until Friday anyway, when it'll presumably go back up to 11. Sigh.
Yay!!!!

I guess I should start recording my breeding. I think level and rarity matter.

hugpete
09-25-14, 01:30 AM
Black in DS will split, but it won't combine back into single elements- its a bit odd but breeding doesn't work that way in DS. You can get any combination of purple, yellow, blue and black, but cannot get a cosmic or royal from it. You CAN get a leo (zodiac) but thats because the black will combine with the yellow instead of splitting.

My bad. I thought I had checked the calc. Well, imagine I bred Illusion and Bat then. I was trying to illustrate the ways that breeding will likely get more complicated in the future. :)

zenobia42
09-25-14, 10:15 AM
Well, it's a hedgehog. Since I've been trying since day 1 of the game for a grassquatch, and also the grassquatch is both higher rarity and higher income I'd have preferred it... but at least I'm back down to 9 missing from the album... until tomorrow's inevitable mutiple new animal releases.

willb09
09-25-14, 10:16 AM
I just got this today. I was hoping it was a Grassquatch. Trying not to be too disappointed since I needed this little guy, too, but kind of upsetting getting my hopes up that I had finally gotten a super rare.

zenobia42
09-25-14, 10:22 AM
I just got this today. I was hoping it was a Grassquatch. Trying not to be too disappointed since I needed this little guy, too, but kind of upsetting getting my hopes up that I had finally gotten a super rare.

Just realized that the REAL bummer of this guy and his identical timer to grassqautch is this: from now on, all of us who got this guy but still don't have a grassquatch, every time we get a 14 hour timer will give us false hope that we finally have a grassquatch... but 90% of the time we get that elusive 14 hours now it'll just be another hedgehog. :(

willb09
09-25-14, 08:56 PM
Just realized that the REAL bummer of this guy and his identical timer to grassqautch is this: from now on, all of us who got this guy but still don't have a grassquatch, every time we get a 14 hour timer will give us false hope that we finally have a grassquatch... but 90% of the time we get that elusive 14 hours now it'll just be another hedgehog. :(

Yup, that's going to stink, every single time. And I'm sure for me, will be quite often.

cquinn32
09-27-14, 07:23 AM

I've tried for this one a bunch of times even did a little speeding and have gotten 14hrs twice both turned out to be grassquatch!! Go figure

sweetypies97
09-27-14, 07:36 PM

I got both my grassquatch AND a hedgehog this weekend! I thought I would never get the grassquatch.

I have a theory about breeding cycles - because I have bred identical animals on my first and secondary accounts at the same time (within minutes of each other) so I think they have a timed cycle of animals. This identical breeding on both of my accounts has happened so many times, in fact I would say that it is more common than not for me to breed identical animals if I breed the same pair at the same time.

Eg there might be a 2 second window of getting a unicorn, then a 5 minute window of getting an armordillo, then a 10 second window of getting a vinotaur, depending on what you put in the breeding garden.

sweetypies97
09-27-14, 07:46 PM
BTW for those interested, yesterday I got my Hedgehog with a Hyrdo Yak + Magmacore. Today I got my Grassquatch with a Pandaffodil + Rock Rhino. I have had SO many fails with Pandaffodil + Rock Rhino in the past.

Splashy81
10-12-14, 11:43 AM
BTW for those interested, yesterday I got my Hedgehog with a Hyrdo Yak + Magmacore. Today I got my Grassquatch with a Pandaffodil + Rock Rhino. I have had SO many fails with Pandaffodil + Rock Rhino in the past.

Do you happen to remember the levels of the yak & Magmacore when you bred the hedgehog?

bluefoxcrystal
10-27-14, 12:20 PM
Uggh! Does anybody have any idea how to breed this guy? I'd gladly trade my grassquatch for one :(
I've been trying for him for about 2 weeks, then switched to scarecrow... Sadly plantlers... And 3-4 grassquatch...Not that I mind ^^ they are so adorable! :D

SableMistDragonsWhisper
10-31-14, 01:57 AM
I Personly love the flying Birds! However, There are coyotes, badgers, even prairie dogs and those lend to a really wide range of non-flying animals Walrues, mermots kangaroos, AND So Many more that would fit well with the Fantasy Animals that we already have.
I too have been trying for earth/nature and still don't have a GRASSSQUATCH??? What's up with that I am missing a whole line of animal that you MUST HAVE? TL Help!

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 05:40 PM
Uggh! Does anybody have any idea how to breed this guy? I'd gladly trade my grassquatch for one :(
I've been trying for him for about 2 weeks, then switched to scarecrow... Sadly plantlers... And 3-4 grassquatch...Not that I mind ^^ they are so adorable! :D

I think we have a deal. I've been pumping out hedgehogs since it was released. I'm on my ELEVENTH one now. And I wanted a Grassquatch/Vocamel/Crystal Unicorn. I once had four Hedgehogs in a row.

Btw, for ten of those Hedgehogs, they were bred with Fairy Ferret and Iciclaw. So, use them to breed, cause TL loves pissing us off by not switching our animals. :(