PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update 9/24/14

my607
09-23-14, 07:15 AM
I was curious about tommorrow update. I hope Autumn update. Some pictures would be nice. Thanks

Edit(KP)

http://i.imgur.com/Ip0OBJK.png?1

Wow, I like the items a lot, hopefully it's not gem heavy. The wallpaper/floor combo I'm not crazy about, but I'm sure there's a way to make it work somehow. I didn't get that old Beach/Tiki like bar thing that was available a long time ago, so this would be nice to have in the place of it. Hopefully the price will be right to try these things out. :cool:

bobbyrae
09-23-14, 08:50 AM
Check the TL Blog. Pics of the update are usually uploaded there first.

LavaRain8
09-23-14, 04:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ip0OBJK.png?1

Are you ready for a safari? Grab your gear and get ready for a trip to the jungle! After an exciting day of braving the dangers of the wild, make your way to the Hut Bar in Restaurant Story!

Go wild for these new additions:

Hanging Monkey
Jungle Tour
Lion Statue

Wow, I like the items a lot, hopefully it's not gem heavy. The wallpaper/floor combo I'm not crazy about, but I'm sure there's a way to make it work somehow. I didn't get that old Beach/Tiki like bar thing that was available a long time ago, so this would be nice to have in the place of it. Hopefully the price will be right to try these things out. :cool:

my607
09-23-14, 04:12 PM
It looks like a box update again. The tiles I can live without.

my607
09-23-14, 04:23 PM
I could be wrong looks like tables and chairs which I don't care for. The two items are cute.

fatbearsecondary
09-23-14, 04:30 PM
It looks like a box update again. The tiles I can live without.

not a box update. boxes don't come with floor tiles/wallpaper/tables/chairs/counters.

meme1098
09-23-14, 04:56 PM
That's some really ugly wallpaper...sorry. Don't think I'll be getting any of these items.

twospoons
09-23-14, 05:35 PM
i find the monkeys hilarious. can you imagine a real monkey in a restaurant? anyway, the hut bar would be good for beachy themes as well, and i vaguely remember a jungle theme from a while back, so if you were into that, this would be a good update for you. not to my personal taste though. except i may have to buy a monkey.

pixiegamer
09-23-14, 05:38 PM

Agreed :) It reminds me a lot of the Private Tiki booth from the Beach Resort Box, but I think it looks much better! Like last week, I would have liked to see some autumn stuff, but the trees/chairs/counters and even the floor tiles to some extent are flexible enough that they could work in an autumn theme. I'll probably want to buy a lot from this update - I just hope the prices won't set me back too many gems! With Black Friday coming up, and more recently, the promise of older items making a return, I'm trying to save up as many as I can!

I'd like for the tables, chairs, and counters to be for coins, but if we only get two out of three, I'd prefer the tables AND chairs both be sold for coins. I hate it when one is for coins and the other is for gems. :(

*EDIT: Also just noticed something (or rather, lack of something)... NO NEW RECIPE! Or at least no indication... I really hope this isn't going to become a trend. :( We should get plenty of new autumn recipes to make up for this! And some more autumn stuff in general. ;)

justmine2
09-23-14, 05:39 PM
Think I'll have to pass, was looking forward to fall items

nukesters2
09-23-14, 06:41 PM
They are so out of touch with what people are asking for....there have been so many posts saying "I hope we get an autumn update"..... why even do this? why not just do what people are asking for? there is a thread asking for holiday update ideas....I find it hard to believe we will actually get anything out of that thread.
apparently going by the post they made on their facebook page....they are not even in touch with themselves! I am not seeing any hot cider or pumpkin pie in the update...
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/smiley_face2/photo3_zpsb3d176c2.png

YvieKennaCafe
09-23-14, 09:51 PM
Theres a restaurant called the Rainforest Cafe. This stuff reminds me of that. Monkeys and huts and jungle. Not bad. Not to my liking but that's cool.

LalaSmooth
09-23-14, 11:48 PM
Who comes up with this? Why aren't they putting recipes with the updates? I'm running out of food to master

Torkulon
09-24-14, 01:37 AM
Update looks nice. I like monkeys, Lion statues and other items. Can't wait to see prices.

angeleyes17
09-24-14, 06:29 AM
I've mastered every recipe on every oven... I was really hoping for a new things to cook. I may end up focusing more on Bakery Story and taking a break from my restaurant... :(

minidemon88
09-24-14, 10:16 AM
Very interesting theme! I do like the monkey, hut bar, lion statue and the jungle tour boat. Hopefully the wallpaper will be for coins, otherwise I'm not sure where to hang all those monkeys. XD

Coaxed
09-24-14, 10:29 AM
I dont really care for this update... but it is still September and hot as hell (at least where I am) so I am not really sure why people are complaining there is no autumn items. Fall started what, two days ago?... I'm sure they will get to it. We have time.

pipipooh1977
09-24-14, 10:37 AM
What? No new recipes? What the.......? Come on TL quit slacking and give us new recipes, I have everything mastered....waiting for new recipes!!!!!!! :mad:

This update sucks w/o new recipes......!!!!!!! New counter but no new recipe to go on it......geez!

pixiegamer
09-24-14, 10:43 AM
:( Disappointed the table is for gems, since it looks really nice and I would have liked to buy some for my restaurant. I'm going to see if I can mix and match the new stools with something...

*EDIT: To clarify, I think the prices for all objects this update are very fair. I'm simply disappointed because, with older stuff possibly returning and Black Friday coming up in two months, I want to save up as many gems as I can! Will probably buy at least one of each of these items once I'm done saving :)

LavaRain8
09-24-14, 10:59 AM
The prices are actually quite decent, surprisingly. Only 10 gems for boat, 20 for hut and 1 for tables, could have been worse. The coin prices are pretty fair too. Hopefully this lower gem/coin cost continues, but not sure how likely that is.

xxxe
09-24-14, 11:59 AM
Some of you aren't very nice in your comments. This is technically a free game. They also have done many themes in the past that people HAVE suggested. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's terrible. The gem prices are very reasonable. If you think 1 gem for a table and 20 for a big display is bad dont start playing Fashion story lol. All the LTOs in that game have been above 50 for awhile now. They have to make money somehow to keep their company going so everything for coins would be unlikely. At least we can earn them in the game by mastering recipes. I do wish they had a new recipe this week but I'm sure next week we will!

dejoul123
09-24-14, 12:52 PM
Some of you aren't very nice in your comments. This is technically a free game. They also have done many themes in the past that people HAVE suggested. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's terrible. The gem prices are very reasonable. If you think 1 gem for a table and 20 for a big display is bad dont start playing Fashion story lol. All the LTOs in that game have been above 50 for awhile now. They have to make money somehow to keep their company going so everything for coins would be unlikely. At least we can earn them in the game by mastering recipes. I do wish they had a new recipe this week but I'm sure next week we will!

I totally agree! As far as updates go, this is one of the cheapest I've seen!! I can't believe a 4x4 awesome Tiki Bar is only 20 gems! And even the coin items are cheap as chips, most new tables/chairs/counters have rarely been under 50,000, so to see prices under 10,000 for everything is great! At risk of being hit by a shoe by saying this (as I have just read not everyone is happy with this update) Thank You Team Lava!!

kimandamelia
09-24-14, 12:53 PM

I agree! If everything was for coins as some request every single week and hope everything was for coins, there would be no game! They have to sell something! At the end of the day, this is a company that employs people like you and I, who would like to get paid for their day of work. Gems seems to be the only way I can see that they make money from these games. The only thing I can complain about is that I would have loved to see fall or even dare I say Halloween stuff this week, not end of summer tiki huts, but there is always next week!

pixiegamer
09-24-14, 03:00 PM
The prices are actually quite decent, surprisingly. Only 10 gems for boat, 20 for hut and 1 for tables, could have been worse. The coin prices are pretty fair too. Hopefully this lower gem/coin cost continues, but not sure how likely that is.

You're both right, and I shouldn't be complaining when the new additions are all fairly priced and very well-detailed. I apologize :(

I agree the prices are very reasonable for this update, and as far as updates go, I think this is one of the best we've had. I even have plans to buy at least one of all the items! It's just with Black Friday only two months away and the promise of older items coming back for sale (also for gems, I assume), I'm very reluctant to spend my gems right now - hence, I would have liked to be able to buy the table with coins. I've also noticed that in general, excepting goal tables and chairs, most table/chair combos in RS are split coins/gems, so I was frustrated to see these ones were too. I don't mind mixing and matching my tables and chairs (I've found the Tree Stump Stool in this update pairs rather nicely with the Zen table), but sometimes I think it would be nice to have a matching pair which both cost coins.

Sorry for my rage-post earlier :(