PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the animations?

EBJW
09-22-14, 11:32 PM
What's going on with the designs, lately?

We've all noticed the less details and the green slime, and the hugeness of some, but the thing that also puzzles me: what happened with the animations....?

Al the latest decorations were static, not animated: a not-burning bonfire? The pyrefly in the cage is asleep? in coma?

This morning I could build the faerie workshop. Of course, the green slime is a bummer, but I like the other details, they're back (I hope...)!
However: a workshop with a chimney, but no smoke when it's actually working.....?? Huh.....??

TeamLava, my questions:
- why?
- do we get animation back in future, or....?

55lee55
09-23-14, 12:11 AM
This is an excellent question and everytime someone mentions it we are told to get back on topic, so thanks for making it a topic!

This is one of the things that has caused many of us to complain about the loss of artistic detail that made CS so special. Small animations like smoke from a chimney or bubbles in a barrel made CS stand apart from other games. The realism, like the animals appearing to breathe and the tiny artistic touches really are important to many players. Some don't care and that is fine, but for me this is the only craft building with no animation and that makes it appear sloppy and incomplete, although it is cute.

Much of my apathy about recent CS updates is the knowledge that the artistic details are no longer going to be added to anything. Did TL lose the artists who did the animations? It might be well to hire them back or hire someone capable of continuing the integrity of the graphic character found in CS until this Summer. I used to be excited to see any new building , mainly to see the animation and how it fit with the rest of my kingdom. Lately the graphics are lacking the original quality seen in CS and placing everything in green slime is not an adequate artistic replacement for the subtle animations that make the game charming.

TL has excellent artists and programmers, or did have. Why did the animations stop? We never got an answer why everything sits in slime, but could we get an answer about why TL has stopped animating craft buildings?

Thanks for asking this where it won't be labeled off topic!

EBJW
09-23-14, 02:10 AM
Thanx ;)

And like you I hope to get some (real) answers.

So let's ask the other ones while we're at it:

TeamLava:
- will we get more buildings/deco in green slime, or will future ones be (finally) without?
- will detail be coming back? (personally I think the faerie workshop is a good start, but will this continue and develop?)

angela3737
09-23-14, 05:12 AM
I actually need less animation ( well my devices do, not me ).. My 2 devices ..iPad and itouch can't handle animation I think ...I had to remove most things on my castle recently on itouch ( iPad last year ..just past 1-2 months I guess I reached threshold for objects ..of course this is assumption that more animation means more trouble with older devices ..can't replace devices

..if there was a way to have animation and the game use less memory , then I would be love it to...

stmarymead
09-26-14, 10:48 PM
I would appreciate animations where appropriate (though I've hidden all the dragons and such because all their actions make me dizzy).

A while ago, I read a post on the olde world artwork that TL began the game with. That is exactly why I've been playing this game over other games. Someone else also said before that it's been like having Rembrandt and Matisse (or some such artists) in a single painting, or something to this effect. I could not agree more.

Your artists are obviously very talented. Please keep your graphics true to your original vision. Thanks!

PJColley
09-27-14, 02:52 PM
Agree with you completely! As for the green slime--possibly part of the upcoming storyline? Hopefully, it will eventually be removed!

PJColley
09-27-14, 02:55 PM
I would appreciate animations where appropriate (though I've hidden all the dragons and such because all their actions make me dizzy).

A while ago, I read a post on the olde world artwork that TL began the game with. That is exactly why I've been playing this game over other games. Someone else also said before that it's been like having Rembrandt and Matisse (or some such artists) in a single painting, or something to this effect. I could not agree more.

Your artists are obviously very talented. Please keep your graphics true to your original vision. Thanks!
YES! The original CS designs are beautiful. The latest ones, especially the Gazebo and the Tea Party table, look as if they came out of a child's coloring book!

EBJW
10-23-14, 10:33 PM
I just saw the 5th individual prize from this event at a neighbour: the Witch's Cauldron.
Nice!

Except.... Has the witch cast a spell on the smoke rising from the fluid in the cauldron...?! It stands still, it doesn't move! It looks indeed.... spooky now

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-26-14, 11:37 AM
TOTALLY agree, Zelda!!
I understand that the game is getting too big for folks on older devices; I get that. But surely designers can't base their decisions on graphics by the minority of players who need an upgrade. ...(?)

The potion shops have 2 little cute bubbling pots of purple & blue dyes attached and to have a cauldron that doesn't bubble or smoke NOR does the fire burning under it smolder, smoke or flicker... Well, it doesn't really make sense & is just a letdown. :/
At least it's not sitting in troll snot, at least there's that. lol

meme1098
10-26-14, 03:58 PM
If anyone needs to upgrade, BB(probably can't mention the name but a large electronic store) has a great deal going for the next few weeks. Trade in any device and get $200 towards the new one. I upgraded to the new iPad air2 and got $300 off. Almost like getting it for free.;)