PDA

View Full Version : Polls, please?

zenobia42
09-22-14, 03:33 PM
I know I am not alone in wishing forum members could create polls in the FFS discussion and suggestions forums. Please allow us to do so.

I am VERY often curious how many people feel one way or another on a game subject and don't understand why we are not allowed the option to create polls. Having run a very large forum before, I know it is usually just a matter of an admin setting permissions in a tab in the admin panel to add forum members to the permissions currently only set to staff and forum mods. Perhaps if TPTB are afraid new troll accounts would take advantage of such a feature (to what end I have no idea), it is easy enough to allow only members with a certain minimum number of posts to create polls.

I know we always have the option to create a fake poll - just a thread asking people to post answers - and manually tally results frequently and manually update our OP with the results, BUT:
a) that is EXTREMELY time intensive and user-unfriendly compared to automated polls,
b) people, when posting their answer instead of filling in a poll ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS answer outside the choices given, or answer in the lines of "Answer A except also the second half of answer C" making tallying impossible,
c) those manually tallying everything are not perfect and inevitably end up making mistakes that actual polls do not,
d) when RL gets in the way of the thread creator, the OP is not updated and people don't understand / resent why their recent answer is not included, and
d) probably most importantly, every forum has tons and tons more "lurkers" than people who are comfortable posting, but lurkers are not shy giving an anonymous poll response, so a real poll gets a MUCH better sample of the online population of a game.

Thank you for considering,
~Zenobia

ArcadiaTofu
09-23-14, 09:36 AM
I agree with this: There really, really needs to be a way for users to post their own polls. Some things I would *love* to see polled are as follows:

1) Should the breed time for Lightning and all other new elements be lower? (My guess is everyone on this forum would agree that the breed times for common and rare Lightning animals is WAY too high and is dragging down enjoyability of the game)
2) Should there be a second nest and breeding ground? (Again, nearly everyone would say YES to this one, especially since the new lightning breed times are so brutal. A way to help TL get more sales would be for the second nest and breeding ground to be unlocked once a user actually spends money for gems, etc. and/or it unlocks once a users hits level 30. Wouldn't this be win-win for everyone? I wouldn't mind spending $10 in gems to get both gems *and* a second nest. I daresay everyone else would find that a fair way to get a second nest/breeding ground and TL would get a surge in gem sales.)
3) Should there be a gem sale? (I think there should be and it boggles my mind that all other TL games have sales for their in-game currency but FFS does not)
4) Should the level of gem gifts be raised from 3 to 10 per day for friends? (This is a big worry of mine since I can never give back all gem gifts to friends on my list. I usually have 5+ friends gift me gems per day and once that day is over I can't gift the bottom gifters since they disappear from my 'gift list' the next day. I'm positive others feel this is a complex and disconcerting issue since I'd *like* to be able to give all my friends gems back per day but it's impossible since three is the maximum allowed. Which ends up being unfair to everyone, in the end and leads to pick-and-choose options for those that get many gem gifts per day... :( )
5) Should TL allow users to store animals/eggs in storage if they're low on space? (Yes, yes, yes. I can't count the number of times I've wished for storage options when I've run out of space and didn't want to pick-and-choose.)
6) Should TL allow users to have more mines and runes in storage? (I'd think this would be an easy fix but why the limit is only 16 boggles my mind)
7) Should there be a Marketplace for friends? (I would *love* it if FFS allowed for a marketplace for friends. Some of my friends have an excess of Cosmic Phoenixes which I can't breed for the life of me. I have an extra Volcamel that some of my friends can't for the life of them breed out. Wouldn't it be awesome if I could put my extra Volcamel up 'for sale' in exchange for a Pheonix? I think every user would get behind a marketplace between friends/the whole community and would stem some of the frustration that many users are feeling when they can't breed some hybrids out no matter how many times they try.)

... And those are just the most important off the top of my head. Having a poll that addresses these issues or gives a running tally of what the community thinks about it is a lot more effective than just posting what you want to see in a thread where it'll end up getting buried by many other replies... :mad:

zenobia42
09-23-14, 11:58 AM
Those are some REALLY great poll ideas. I really do hope they open up this function to us. It would be even more useful to the devs in terms of getting feedback, than it is to us.

ArcadiaTofu
09-23-14, 12:47 PM
Those are some REALLY great poll ideas. I really do hope they open up this function to us. It would be even more useful to the devs in terms of getting feedback, than it is to us.

I agree that it would be awesome to have those questions polled, but alas... I daresay that TL wants to actively avoid every question on my little list as long as possible since that would mean that they'd have to give ground for the users instead of their own bottom line. I would be stunned if TL ever addressed a meager three questions on my list or allowed us to poll on any one of those questions.

I'm afraid users are going to be poll-less for quite a long while to avoid that eventuality, Zenobia...

[S8] Elsa
09-23-14, 01:32 PM
I'm going to close the thread, since this is less of a discussion and more of a request for the forum staff. We don't allow player created polls because people were creating polls for pretty much anything and it got spammy. Polls have been disabled for a long time. However, if you'd like a poll created, you are welcome to send a PM to a forum staff member with a request.

@ArcadiaTofu, I'll respond to your questions in the next post to keep it easy to read and separate.

[S8] Elsa
09-23-14, 01:48 PM
1) Should the breed time for Lightning and all other new elements be lower? (My guess is everyone on this forum would agree that the breed times for common and rare Lightning animals is WAY too high and is dragging down enjoyability of the game)

We?ll pass your feedback about the breeding times for Lightning animals on to the game design team.

2) Should there be a second nest and breeding ground? (Again, nearly everyone would say YES to this one, especially since the new lightning breed times are so brutal. A way to help TL get more sales would be for the second nest and breeding ground to be unlocked once a user actually spends money for gems, etc. and/or it unlocks once a users hits level 30. Wouldn't this be win-win for everyone? I wouldn't mind spending $10 in gems to get both gems *and* a second nest. I daresay everyone else would find that a fair way to get a second nest/breeding ground and TL would get a surge in gem sales.)

The game is still new and we?re growing it organically. I can?t speculate if there will be feature changes of this nature in the future but we?re very thoughtful about adding things to the game and the impact it may have. We?ll continue sharing player feedback with our development team.

3) Should there be a gem sale? (I think there should be and it boggles my mind that all other TL games have sales for their in-game currency but FFS does not)

It?s possible there may be sales in the future, but I can?t offer any definitive date. Sales are randomly offered in our games.

4) Should the level of gem gifts be raised from 3 to 10 per day for friends? (This is a big worry of mine since I can never give back all gem gifts to friends on my list. I usually have 5+ friends gift me gems per day and once that day is over I can't gift the bottom gifters since they disappear from my 'gift list' the next day. I'm positive others feel this is a complex and disconcerting issue since I'd *like* to be able to give all my friends gems back per day but it's impossible since three is the maximum allowed. Which ends up being unfair to everyone, in the end and leads to pick-and-choose options for those that get many gem gifts per day... )

In the games that have the feature for players to send Gems or Gold to neighbors, the limit is three. This is important for the game?s economy. We?re sorry, but we currently don?t plan to increase the limit.

5) Should TL allow users to store animals/eggs in storage if they're low on space? (Yes, yes, yes. I can't count the number of times I've wished for storage options when I've run out of space and didn't want to pick-and-choose.)

This, similar to the Nest question, is a feature. I can?t speculate on feature updates to the game, but again, we?ll share the feedback.

6) Should TL allow users to have more mines and runes in storage? (I'd think this would be an easy fix but why the limit is only 16 boggles my mind)

Limits are put into place for the game?s economy reasons. This includes habitat/item limits.

7) Should there be a Marketplace for friends? (I would *love* it if FFS allowed for a marketplace for friends. Some of my friends have an excess of Cosmic Phoenixes which I can't breed for the life of me. I have an extra Volcamel that some of my friends can't for the life of them breed out. Wouldn't it be awesome if I could put my extra Volcamel up 'for sale' in exchange for a Pheonix? I think every user would get behind a marketplace between friends/the whole community and would stem some of the frustration that many users are feeling when they can't breed some hybrids out no matter how many times they try.)

We currently don?t offer animal trading/selling. There?s a few things that could go wrong here. You accidentally put the wrong animal up or put in the wrong value that you want to sell it for and it sells to another player. It?s something that can?t be reversed.