PDA

View Full Version : Weekly New Animals

zenobia42
09-19-14, 12:38 PM
ANOTHER two new animals came out today. It seemed like there were a lot of new animals lately, so I counted. And since the lightning leopard expansion opened, we are in fact getting 4-5 new animals every. week. Generally it's 4 new breedable ones a week + 1 battlegrounds / arena one every other week. So every week at LEAST 4, half the time 5 of them. NEVER fewer than 4.

It's TOO MUCH.

Can anyone find that quote from like a month ago from someone from TL/S8 saying ONE animal per week going forward? Because THAT makes sense. THAT created anticipation for the game for me. ONE new one breedable per week + 1 winnable in battles every other week.

Not 4.5.

4.5 per week is SO impossible to keep up with that I don't think anyone here is insane enough to even try. And guess what - when you make it so people say "why bother trying," that soon becomes "why bother playing?"

1.5 per week. I BEG you, TL. NOT 4.5.

BlueCanary
09-19-14, 01:35 PM
They've been slowly releasing a new type (electric) so I'm not surprised that we're seeing a handful per week in order to get a common, rare and super rare for each hybrid type. I imagine that once that type is out, we'll be down to one or two a week.

I played Monster Story back when it was a thing, and I had a full album. Do you know what was really really boring about having a full album? Waiting for that one animal/week to be released and having nothing to do in the game for the rest of the week.

People enjoy playing in different ways, but personally I'm glad there's a few animals to work for at one time, and I've been enjoying all of the new additions. I don't want it to slow down :)

chalupa2030
09-19-14, 01:41 PM
Me too! I like it when they release a few a week. I'm in no hurry!

sanya87
09-19-14, 01:56 PM
I agree with zenobia, its a bit too much, especially with those flying ones, i have a feeling we are getting duplicates in different colors.
After i can understand there are players who like having a lot of updates cause they have time to play as they want, but an average player like myself between family, work and life in general just cant keep up all the time with all those new animals, now also tournaments... I think if it continues like that at some point i may just give up, i dont know why, but too much stuff like we are getting lately quickly becomes boring. I know it should be opposite but no, me i start to be fed up already...

BlueCanary
09-19-14, 02:31 PM
I'm an average player too, with a busy life and I don't spend all day on a cellphone game ;) I just like having a lot of goals when I do play. I like tossing animals in the den and having a variety of outcomes to look forward to.

Anyuszko
09-19-14, 02:39 PM
Since I am unable to get ANY super rares for now more Than a month, even rares are dropping quite really really rare (from the lignting x green combo I did not get even a rare, failed 10+ times on the 16 hrs fail...
So, it seems game totally lost control.

sanya87
09-19-14, 02:40 PM
Well after i guess we are all different, so its not easy to please everyone, too. But one thing i really dont appreciate lately is the lack of imagination. It seems like they just hurry up to put something new out every week and thats it. if its like 2-3 animals per week but really original or at least different it would be better. Cause if it continues like this soon we will not be able to see other animals cause there are wings like everywhere!

Petasos
09-19-14, 03:00 PM
It seems that we will nothing left to do but use gems to keep up. Weird how that works,eh?

Splashy81
09-19-14, 05:07 PM
Well after i guess we are all different, so its not easy to please everyone, too. But one thing i really dont appreciate lately is the lack of imagination. It seems like they just hurry up to put something new out every week and thats it. if its like 2-3 animals per week but really original or at least different it would be better. Cause if it continues like this soon we will not be able to see other animals cause there are wings like everywhere!

I feel this way too... I would love to see several new creatures a week, that would be great!! But it seems like we have seen 1-2 new creatures, overall... And the rest are just previous creatures with a different skin/color!

Shock Fox---Firefox
Gold Lion---Planther
Fire Glider---Ocean Owl
Nightmare---Aurora
Conducktor---Peamoth

zenobia42
09-19-14, 06:16 PM
And my thread gets moved to/buried in a section most people don't ever even look in. Sigh. I like hearing people's very differing opinions on the matter. But I fear once the link to this "moved" thread leaves the main discussion forward, it won't see any more action. It's a pity that they would rather bury this than address it. Especially the lack of creativity that was brought up. I don't think it's too much to ask that every animal actually be unique. But when you put out 4.5 of them a week, this is bound to happen. If they slowed down a little to do things better, a lot of us would really appreciate it for one reason or another.

zenobia42
09-21-14, 10:14 AM
I have a theory. As to why some people really like getting 4-5 animals per week and some really wish they'd stick to their promise of 1 a week (+ 1 from arena every other week):

My theory is that those of us who are STILL struggling to get a unicorn wish they'd slow the heck down with all the animals, because we feel we HAVE to put 4 elements in the den 24/7 for that teeny weeny itty bitty chance a miracle will occur... and so it takes us a LOT longer to get the other animals missing from our album once we are down below 10 non-ultras still missing.

Whereas those who have ultra rares, they are totally free to always put only 2 elements in the den, greatly increasing their chances of getting what they are missing. Unless you are Anyuszko looking for supers, it is WAY WAY WAY easier for you to fill in those album gaps. So you are happy for more and more to be released, because you have hugely better chance to keep up than those of us without ultras.

So, of course, it's what the people with the ultras want that we get. Too many animals for people still trying for a unicorn to keep up, but they keep up just fine. Sigh.

BlueCanary
09-21-14, 02:38 PM
I don't have a unicorn and have been doing constant four element breeds since I was level 15. I think wanting less or more is just a matter of preference really.

I am sorry that you're frustrated :(

MelodicStars
09-21-14, 09:03 PM
I've made this thread because, lately, I feel as if TL is rushing with the new animals. I mean before, I only needed 4-5 animals to complete the album. But now, I need 8 more.

That being said, I'm sure there's a lot of you out there who think the same. The discouraging feeling of never completing the album as endless streams of animals come out before you could breed a SINGLE new animal you don't have. And honestly, TL, it doesn't help players buy gems or whatever it is you aim for, but instead makes them LEAVE the game cause of the overwhelming number of animals coming out. Similar to Dragon Story.

That's why I think new animals should be released every 2 weeks or so. It gives a bit more time to catch up on breeding the ones you don't have.

zenobia42
09-21-14, 09:47 PM
I started a thread saying here practically the same exact thing. And they moved it to the Suggestions & Feedback section... in other words, buried it where almost no one will see it. Sadly, I think they'll do the same t your thread. ITA with you that it is too much. The feeling of having finally gotten down to missing only 8 animals from my album, then it jumping to THIRTEEN... it's overwhelming, especially if you feel like you have to ALWAYS put 4 elements in the den in your everlasting attempt at a stupid effing unicorn, which makes the process of filling your album holes take a LOT longer than if you are free to put in only 2-3 elements at a time. Anyway, ITA. It's too much. But some people like it. And TL has decided it's a topic they won't allow to be discussed in this folder... where people will actually see it. :(

flowless
09-21-14, 11:24 PM
I would like new animal once every two weeks too
But that's not very practical for some players

So I guess one per week is grt enough
Or they can do animal in alternative weeks
With decorations or other featurs the other week

For num of reasons
Continua enjoying the game , happy players spends gems
Not to run of space so fast and having to remove creatures like on dragon story

hugpete
09-22-14, 12:21 AM
I think once a week for animals is fine, but only 1 or 2, not 4 at a time.

kooky panda
09-22-14, 07:57 AM
I started a thread saying here practically the same exact thing. And they moved it to the Suggestions & Feedback section... in other words, buried it where almost no one will see it. Sadly, I think they'll do the same t your thread. ITA with you that it is too much. The feeling of having finally gotten down to missing only 8 animals from my album, then it jumping to THIRTEEN... it's overwhelming, especially if you feel like you have to ALWAYS put 4 elements in the den in your everlasting attempt at a stupid effing unicorn, which makes the process of filling your album holes take a LOT longer than if you are free to put in only 2-3 elements at a time. Anyway, ITA. It's too much. But some people like it. And TL has decided it's a topic they won't allow to be discussed in this folder... where people will actually see it. :(
Your thread was moved to the suggestion and feedback forum since it was a request to TL.
The TL staff, developers and community managers, spend most of their time reviewing the Suggestion/feedback forums and Bugs and Issues forums.
Your request has a better chance of being seen by them ,if it is in the proper forum.

(I have merged both of these thread together.)

Thanks!