PDA

View Full Version : How to unlock old goals?

southernhusky
07-23-14, 08:06 AM
So, before Christmas of 2013, I got a new device that I couldn't play any of my games on; its a windows phone. I just recently got a new android tablet, and when I transferred my games to it, I realized that I missed out on SO many goal items. I realize that I cant get them because of expired goals, but I was wondering if anyone new if there is a chance that they will be 're-released'? I really want the fairy tale ovens and wedding oven and tea kettle and so on so forth.

Edit-(KP) Update:

We don't plan on releasing these special appliances to all players at this time - it wouldn't be fair to the player who completed it while the goals were available. Sorry about that!

kooky panda
07-23-14, 09:32 AM
No I am sorry, but if you did not complete the goals, you will not be able to unlock the goal prizes.

myya23
09-01-14, 10:32 AM
So why do you still show ovens as possibilities in the menu?

bobbyrae
09-01-14, 01:35 PM
So why do you still show ovens as possibilities in the menu?
I suppose it is because the players who unlocked the ovens still have the opportunity to buy as many as they want. If they removed the ovens then thise oersons couldn't buy them anymore.

CafeBake
09-19-14, 11:47 AM
I had to quit bakery story for a few months since my phone had broke down.. I had missed a lot of goals prior to that. How do I unlock these goals so I can use the ovens?

bobbyrae
09-19-14, 01:37 PM
You can't, unfortunately.

mrzclarke14
09-25-14, 02:21 PM
I've missed some also. There should be a way to open the goals again once there gone.

tn_mail
10-04-14, 12:05 AM
I agree. There should be a way of opening old goals and appliances. In my early days in the game I accepted a lot of parts gifts that I now realize I can never use, since they are for expired goals and items. I cannot remove them from gifts and every time I open the gift storage it annoys me to go through all the junk to get to what I want. Please, TeamLava, consider ether a way of removing items from gifts storage and list, or opening again previous goals and appliances.

pumpkita
10-31-14, 06:37 AM
Hello!

As some people here, i feel a little frustrated by looking at all the goal machines i have missed. Why won't they just make a way to unlock them once the goal is finished? Othrrwise, i don't get the point to see them locked at the catalog, it really make me feel frustrated. Please, Team Lava, if you are not going to unlock them again, just put them off. That would be nice.

Thank you

rocketsmama
10-31-14, 08:42 AM
I understand where your coming from. However, they can't remove them for the people who did not complete them. They still need to be available for the ones that did so they can use them. It stinks that it's a constant reminder of what people are missing, but nothing you can do.

pumpkita
11-01-14, 04:09 AM
Well... I would like to unlock some machines for black friday instead buying items, that would be nice.

larissa2k
11-01-14, 01:11 PM
It's possible everyone on forum said they would never bring back old ovens and they did

ElaineCarrel
11-01-14, 06:23 PM
Hello!

As some people here, i feel a little frustrated by looking at all the goal machines i have missed. Why won't they just make a way to unlock them once the goal is finished? Othrrwise, i don't get the point to see them locked at the catalog, it really make me feel frustrated. Please, Team Lava, if you are not going to unlock them again, just put them off. That would be nice.

Thank you
That wouldn't b fair to the older ppl who'd played the challenges but for some reason or another didn't master the recipes at the time and wanted to come back when they had the time to do so. For example: I thought I'd maxed on all the old challenge ovens but when I double checked I discovered I hadn't. So I went back and since I had the spaces available I bought extra ovens to help me finish quicker. If they'd removed the ovens in question this wouldn't of been possible.
I'm a firm believer in TL's policy of not re-releasing the old challenges. There'll b plenty more down the road.

chasingstar13
11-14-14, 11:07 PM
I've been playing bakery story for over a year, and played every goal, but there are still several ovens locked. Why would that be then ?

nmishii
11-15-14, 12:29 AM
I've been playing bakery story for over a year, and played every goal, but there are still several ovens locked. Why would that be then ?

They have been releasing ovens for goals since 2011.

magikkat13
11-25-14, 01:01 AM
I've missed some also. There should be a way to open the goals again once there gone.

I agree too. I missed out due to a tablet replacement and not only am I now missing out
on nice items but I have not gotten any new goals in over a month. I still get goals in RS
but not in Bakery Story.

xandine_heartsong
11-27-14, 07:54 PM
I, personally, would just like all the recipes unlocked from the appliances I have. It's frustrating to place my bewitched oven and only have one recipe because I didn't have internet for very long last Halloween during the goals. I feel like it was a waste without being able to actually make anything with the item I purchased last year.

xandine_heartsong
11-27-14, 10:25 PM
I, personally, would just like all the recipes unlocked from the appliances I have. It's frustrating to place my bewitched oven and only have one recipe because I didn't have internet for very long last Halloween during the goals. I feel like it was a waste without being able to actually make anything with the item I purchased last year.

DJourFemme
01-07-15, 01:32 PM
Would it be possible to access previous goal appliances that are locked? I would like to be able to purchase old goal appliances so that once all recipes from all accessible appliances are mastered, I may continue with those. Having the goal prizes is not necessary, just the appliance.

Device: Samsung S5

Storm ID: DJourFemme

FrozenTurtle
01-07-15, 02:14 PM
We don't plan on releasing these special appliances to all players at this time - it wouldn't be fair to the player who completed it while the goals were available. Sorry about that!

mytsa
01-07-15, 06:33 PM
I understand how frustrated it is to see those locked ovens, cos I play RS occasionally, and have to swipped thru pages of locked ones to get to mine,
but maybe this is the charm of this game, it's like real life, you came late, it's gone and you've missed it,
and yet there are always new things coming.

ElaineCarrel
01-07-15, 08:06 PM
I understand how frustrated it is to see those locked ovens, cos I play RS occasionally, and have to swipped thru pages of locked ones to get to mine,
but maybe this is the charm of this game, it's like real life, you came late, it's gone and you've missed it,
and yet there are always new things coming.

O finally a player who understands y I don't want the old challenges rereleased to the ppl who haven't played them yet. Thank u, I wish everyone would view this situation the way u do.

mytsa
01-07-15, 11:07 PM
O finally a player who understands y I don't want the old challenges rereleased to the ppl who haven't played them yet. Thank u, I wish everyone would view this situation the way u do.

Oh I never mean I don't want new players to get old goals, I just bid them to look at it that way if the goals don't come back, actually I myself missed out some goals and I'm still longing for.

Natasha_07
01-08-15, 02:04 PM
I missed out on the Valentine's goals in 2013 because of lack of funds, with the following year came the Parisian theme so I didn't really cared anymore.

Also goals come out every month, unless TL decides to change this in the future, there will always be another set of goals every month to appreciate. :)

Enderman24
01-12-15, 09:39 AM
Seems like it would be good if we could unlock old goals for say 49 gems like the price of unlocking more ovens. Honestly I would happily pay even more in gems to unlock an old goal. TL could set it up in the menu with the surprise boxes and expansions maybe and by selecting the picture and paying the gems it starts the goal... I am not sure how possible or easy it is to code for phone apps so that the program stays small... It could be a nice win-win situation for those of us who only started playing last year and for the company to make their money. That way people who finished the goal when it was available wouldn't feel *****ed because the rest of us would be paying to do what they got for free. Just a thought.

filochick1982
01-13-15, 06:37 AM

I don't understand why you wish to withhold goal items to newer players who are willing to pay gems for them? If they are available to be unlocked for gems then why does it matter to you when you got the same item for free x months or years ago and have had all that time to enjoy those goal prizes? To argue that you 'worked hard' for such items is just ridiculous. There is nothing 'hard' about this game. Baking recipes and buying decor isn't 'hard work'. And if you enjoy the exclusivity of having such items when others don't, then how is that any different to spending gems buying boxes and having prizes that others don't get because they refuse to buy gems? Do you begrudge those who have box prizes that you don't or do you also wish no one gets the prizes you have from the boxes you've opened? At least with box prizes, you have a choice to either buy or not buy. With locked goals, newer players don't have a choice but to continue seeing these items locked.

sally_brown
01-13-15, 09:07 PM
This topic always reminds me of something: I used to work at a clothing store, and what would happen sometimes is we'd sell out of an item, but it was still featured in one of the posters on the wall. So people would come in and ask where they could find the item in the poster. We'd tell them it was sold out. People were usually understanding about that and it was no big deal. But at the same time, I couldn't really blame them if they did get annoyed, because featuring an item in a poster implies that it will be available.

I think it's similar with the locked goals. If you get there too late, you miss out. If my customer had come in a week before she probably could have have the item she wanted, but she didn't, so she has to accept that she doesn't get it. Fair enough. A new player could have started playing a year ago, but they didn't, so they have to accept that they don't get locked items. But I can't really blame people for being bothered that there are items there that just say "goal." To me, that's just like having a picture on the wall of some clothes that aren't available for purchase.

There are probably lots of people who don't come to the forums to ask questions about the locked items, so there are probably people who don't understand why the items are locked. I think a good solution would be to put "no longer available" on there instead of "goal." People might wonder why it's no longer available and still there, but at least they wouldn't think that they have the ability to get at it somehow and therefore be upset if/when they learn they can't. "Goal" in no way communicates that it is inaccessible. It sounds like if you do a goal, you get the item. Nothing says the goal is unavailable.

I have to say that my comparison to my store ends there. (Or at least my defense of the "you snooze you lose" perspective ends there.) In a real-life store, items come along once a season (or so). Once it's gone, it's gone. The factories are already making the next season's clothes. (Well, technically, they're making the season after that's clothes, or the season after that.) But we're not talking here about actual factories making actual ovens. It's not a big deal to just release the goals again. The second way my comparison doesn't hold up is that if an item is popular in a store, they sometimes do bring it back, eventually, or at least a similar version.

And who cares if I have an item that someone else doesn't have access to. It's not like the old goal ovens are antiques that are devalued if there are more of them on the market.

It's irrelevant to me if I "worked" to unlock something. When I put in hours and hours of work to knit a sweater, that doesn't mean I think that no one else should able buy an identical sweater. Why would I want to deprive someone else of something I enjoy?

I've said it before, but I think a good solution to the problem of newer players wanting locked items is to come out with new goals that use the old, locked ovens, with perhaps some sort of bonus for people who already had the ovens to begin with. Maybe not monthly goals, but extra goals (with new final prizes). I just thought of this: Maybe there are bonus goals that cost something to unlock, but if you already own the ovens, you get the goal for free.

jennaybean5
01-16-15, 11:43 AM
Seriously! I've been playing for years and have 38 ovens that are locked.goals should not "go away" ovens should be able to be unlocked. It's extremely frustrating! Team lava needs a major over haul...the fact that everything is locked and you can't progress past level 99 is ridiculous !!

ElaineCarrel
01-16-15, 08:28 PM
I've said it before, but I think a good solution to the problem of newer players wanting locked items is to come out with new goals that use the old, locked ovens, with perhaps some sort of bonus for people who already had the ovens to begin with. Maybe not monthly goals, but extra goals (with new final prizes). I just thought of this: Maybe there are bonus goals that cost something to unlock, but if you already own the ovens, you get the goal for free.

I like the sounds of this w making them extra or bonus challenges where there'd b different/new recipes on these ovens w the newer final prize. We wouldn't b rehashing old challenges w working towards old already earned final prizes but new prizes. Everyone would have the option of whether or not they wanted to complete it. Theyd b timed challenges but the timer wouldn't start until the player started it. A different 1 would b offered ea month and if u decided not to do it at the time there'd b no going back. No redos. Once the month passed ud missed the opportunity to unlock the old ovens associated w the new challenge.

filochick1982
01-17-15, 01:56 AM
The easiest solution is to allow them to be unlocked for gems. Players can choose to pay the gems or keep them locked forever. With this solution, the players is happy they get to unlock goals and TL gets an increase in gem purchases. Doesn't affect anyone who played when the goal was active and received the prizes and appliances for free. Win win for old players, new players and TL.

bdocc
01-17-15, 07:51 AM
The easiest solution is to allow them to be unlocked for gems. Players can choose to pay the gems or keep them locked forever. With this solution, the players is happy they get to unlock goals and TL gets an increase in gem purchases. Doesn't affect anyone who played when the goal was active and received the prizes and appliances for free. Win win for old players, new players and TL.

Yes that's a good solution.

sally_brown
01-17-15, 10:27 AM
I like the sounds of this w making them extra or bonus challenges where there'd b different/new recipes on these ovens w the newer final prize. We wouldn't b rehashing old challenges w working towards old already earned final prizes but new prizes. Everyone would have the option of whether or not they wanted to complete it. Theyd b timed challenges but the timer wouldn't start until the player started it. A different 1 would b offered ea month and if u decided not to do it at the time there'd b no going back. No redos. Once the month passed ud missed the opportunity to unlock the old ovens associated w the new challenge.I like the first idea better because the second one sounds like an additional monthly goal. I know that some people are overwhelmed with monthly goals as it is, and it would suck to have to do both at the same time. It might even create a situation where people couldn't unlock stuff from the current month's goal because there was too much going on at once and they ran out of time. I know that I personally don't feel overwhelmed by the monthly goals, but doing two at the same time wouldn't be very much fun.

The easiest solution is to allow them to be unlocked for gems. Players can choose to pay the gems or keep them locked forever. With this solution, the players is happy they get to unlock goals and TL gets an increase in gem purchases. Doesn't affect anyone who played when the goal was active and received the prizes and appliances for free. Win win for old players, new players and TL.I agree that that's the simplest solution. But at least if they made new goals with the existing ovens, then older players who don't think it's fair for newer players to just be able to buy things older players had to put in some effort for could be satisfied that the newer players were "earning" the items.

VanaCatu
01-18-15, 11:37 PM
... I used to work at a clothing store, and what would happen sometimes is we'd sell out of an item, but it was still featured in one of the posters on the wall...
well, i guess i won't be wrong if i say that it's really bad shop's owner who leaves the poster of unavailable stuff for years, lol )))

for me this situation looks like if u move to new town, make some new friends... and one day u and your frind go for shopping. yr friend wanna buy another set of shoes from old collection, coz she still has the dress but the shoes are broken. and u say "oh, what a beautiful purse in this collection! may i have one?" - and the seller says "sorry ma'am, but old collections are only available for purchase by our old buyers", and packing shoes for yr friend :)

i don't know wht it takes programwise, but since they regularly remove some decor, they sd find some solution to hide the ovens and rewards or to show it in the market depending on yr account condition/progress.

VanaCatu
01-18-15, 11:48 PM
i like it in the castle story:

there are timed events giving some usefull stuff as a reward. events are for 2 weeks only, but in the same time the stuff released to the market for gems. sometimes it stays for long time, sometimes removed if it's seasonal / holiday's related, and then next year it's re-released again.
so if even u missed those 2 weeks, u can only blame yourself and/or pay a huge amt of gems if u wanna get it in any way :)

i also like it in farms story 2:

i see ppl have some christmas stuff, or halloween, but they passed through their goals. and there is no locked items in my market list. i just wasn't there, so i can understand wht i can have and wht i cannot, and don't have to look at the eternal lock in all those beautiful things :)

ElaineCarrel
01-19-15, 08:20 PM

I don't think I need 2 say anything further on this subject. I completely agree w what Frozen Turtle says about it not being fair to the players who completed it while the goals were available.

VanaCatu
01-19-15, 10:24 PM
I don't think I need 2 say anything further on this subject. I completely agree w what Frozen Turtle says about it not being fair to the players who completed it while the goals were available.
oh, but nobody talks here about just appliances! as i can see, people want goals :)
if i believed that it cd ever happen, for new players it wd be much harder than for older ones: they wd have to pay gems to unlock, and to pass through more than one usual quest per month :)

but whatever. i don't believe. so i guess u wd agree that if developers managed just to hide it out of lists in accounts for which all this items r unaccessible, it wd be the best solution at least not to come back to these questions in forums ))

filochick1982
01-20-15, 03:38 AM
I don't see what's "unfair" about getting appliances and goal prizes for free when a newer player has to spend gems to get the same items as has been suggested. If these gems weren't earned through the game, they need to be paid for with real money. What's "unfair" is for newer players to get teased seeing stuff they will never be able to acquire. If TL don't want to release old goals to newer players, perhaps they should find a way to hide them. I really don't understand this mentality of "unfair". It's a quick way for TL to get additional gem purchases, if nothing else.

sally_brown
01-20-15, 08:23 AM
I don't see what's "unfair" about getting appliances and goal prizes for free when a newer player has to spend gems to get the same items as has been suggested. If these gems weren't earned through the game, they need to be paid for with real money. What's "unfair" is for newer players to get teased seeing stuff they will never be able to acquire. If TL don't want to release old goals to newer players, perhaps they should find a way to hide them. I really don't understand this mentality of "unfair". It's a quick way for TL to get additional gem purchases, if nothing else.I totally agree with this.

LightAndLove83
01-26-15, 08:57 AM
I've been seeing the Teapot lamp for a while and really think it would go well with the polka dot theme, and have seen several posts about wanting items that have been offered in the past. Some times Team Lava offered them again on Black Friday or during other special offers. I was thinking that it would be nice to also see them offered up again thru new goals maybe. I know the idea is to keep things new and fresh, but maybe it could be a this or that choice. So when you finish a recipe, you have the choice to either buy the previous goal item or the new offered item in order to move on thru the goal.

Just a thought.

jennrocks1087
01-27-15, 05:26 PM
I would really like the valentines challenge stuff from last year to be available for a limited time those were my favorites but I no longer have them on my new device because I didn't set up a password for that acct 😕

tahir121
01-29-15, 02:19 AM
So, before Christmas of 2013, I got a new device that I couldn't play any of my games on; its a windows phone. I just recently got a new android tablet, and when I transferred my games to it, I realized that I missed out on SO many goal items. I realize that I cant get them because of expired goals, but I was wondering if anyone new if there is a chance that they will be 're-released'? I really want the fairy tale ovens and wedding oven and tea kettle and so on so forth.

Edit-(KP) Update:

there should be a reopening of old goal based appliances, because there are many of the new users here who want those ovens so there should be at least a chance for them too .,

petlover425
02-26-15, 03:54 PM
I totally agree with everyone's view about this, but as one of those people who missed out on lots of the goals I would like it if TeamLava would let the ones of us who couldn't play at times because of what ever reason to at least buy the ovens that were missed and locked now for the 49 gems like an extra oven is just to unlock it and be able to make all the recipes that were issued to each without giving the prizes that would of been earned for doing the goals for that oven.That way it's fair to all players. The players that worked hard to finish the goals and received the prizes and the ones of us that would just like to at least have the choice of buying the ovens to have them along with the recipes.

aureliatya
03-03-15, 01:26 AM
Hi team

Please let me know to unlock the food and machine like :

Food :
- mince pie, molten lava cake, gingerbread cake, yule log, holiday cupcake and love muffins (white oven)
- cranberry cider (drink mixer)

Machine :
- puebla drink maker
- puebla oven
- musical drink machine
- jazz oven
- winter oven
- frosty freezer
- frozen banana stand
- tea time oven
- tea time kettle
- pirate oven

If those is an old quest, would you to unlock it with the gems? Thank you

leylaska
03-03-15, 11:18 AM
Puebla drink maker , oven.
Musical drinc maker
Jazz oven tea time oven
Tea time kettle

kooky panda
03-03-15, 11:39 AM
These are expired quest rewards. There is no option to unlock these even with gems.

Sorry-

Merging thread with current thread.

msbe21431
03-04-15, 04:01 AM
I do not understand what the issue is. If teamlava could just make them available for gems. This way the people who have them have them and don't have a problem. If we could just unlock them for gems and then have to pay normally like the people who already have them. I am a big spender of gems on this game and I feel that you could make a lot of money by doing this as well as making a lot if people happy.

matty998
03-04-15, 11:43 AM

Edit-(KP) Update:

I only started playing in late November, I wish I could unlock the old appliances.

matty998
03-04-15, 11:44 AM
I do not understand what the issue is. If teamlava could just make them available for gems. This way the people who have them have them and don't have a problem. If we could just unlock them for gems and then have to pay normally like the people who already have them. I am a big spender of gems on this game and I feel that you could make a lot of money by doing this as well as making a lot if people happy.

I agree, people who didn't unlock it could pay, say 24 gems per appliance, so basically we could have them by paying for them, I have the same problem with missing appliances, you have a great idea.

bobbyrae
03-04-15, 01:51 PM

But those of us who worked through the goals didn't have to unlock them using gems, so why should new users have to use gems to unlock them?

Natasha_07
03-04-15, 02:12 PM
But those of us who worked through the goals didn't have to unlock them using gems, so why should new users have to use gems to unlock them?

Maybe give them the goals but slash the timer to half to make it tougher, dunno! :)
But 24 gems an oven is like high.

bobbyrae
03-04-15, 02:19 PM
Maybe give them the goals but slash the timer to half to make it tougher, dunno! :)
But 24 gems an oven is like high.

Or maybe just give them the goals with the same opportunity the rest of us had to complete them. I'm a level 99 player and have more than the full complement of ovens and so could complete any released goal in a fairly quick manner, but remember that for some new players it's hard to complete the goals within the time period given because they may not have access to the full compliment of ovens and may be "poor" so can't complete the goals quickly. There are also players who are at lower levels who may not have access to the goals since some goals were level dependent.

Natasha_07
03-04-15, 02:38 PM
Or maybe just give them the goals with the same opportunity the rest of us had to complete them. I'm a level 99 player and have more than the full complement of ovens and so could complete any released goal in a fairly quick manner, but remember that for some new players it's hard to complete the goals within the time period given because they may not have access to the full compliment of ovens and may be "poor" so can't complete the goals quickly. There are also players who are at lower levels who may not have access to the goals since some goals were level dependent.

I really don't care if TL gives old goals to newer player, I'm in agreement to all players having the same opportunities...

But some people don't like sharing or don't want other to have blah blah blah... You'll see, some say this is not fair, that is not fair, and I don't know how many other things ain't fair to them... :o

msbe21431
03-05-15, 08:57 AM
I think so that way it's fair that the people who didn't get it still can and it doesn't punish or take away from those who did

bobbyrae
03-07-15, 09:10 AM
I really don't care if TL gives old goals to newer player, I'm in agreement to all players having the same opportunities...

But some people don't like sharing or don't want other to have blah blah blah... You'll see, some say this is not fair, that is not fair, and I don't know how many other things ain't fair to them... :o

I know, but I'll never understand the argument that says it's not fair to give everyone the same opportunity to get the same things.

nmishii
03-07-15, 11:13 AM

I also don't care if others get the goals or goal rewards.

For some of the people who are against this in RS and/or BS, they may become lower level players in newer TL games, maybe such as RS2, and not think it's fair that they couldn't complete goals, say like the recent Valentines goals, and blame TL for not being fair. :D

gabbysmom87
03-08-15, 01:36 AM
Haha you're so right! I played for two years and a gem spender. I quit for several months because I hated the piles of food and I just got frustrated. I came back in Feb and I'm more laid back and having more fun. I think the before "me" would've cared and thought it wasn't "fair" but now, I say give it to the people!!!! It's a game !!! Plus, I missed the Halloween, thanksgiving, and Xmas goals lol ah well.

KimWill
03-18-15, 04:39 AM
No I am sorry, but if you did not complete the goals, you will not be able to unlock the goal prizes.

I totally get that TL thinks it would be unfair to players that worked hard for goal items, I've been playing for over 3 years (with some time off) and I've earned some great stuff. However I think if you did a poll most people would be OK with releasing older expired OVENS, just not the deco and other stuff. Part of the fun of these games is seeing how others decorate and the neat stuff they have. We all like to have unique shops. I PERSONALLY would be willing to purchase expired OVENS with gems.

Being level 99 and having played for so long, most of my recipes are maxed and we don't get the level up perks.

KimWill
03-20-15, 11:35 AM
I personally would be willing to use gems for the ovens.

I don't think they should release the decorative items. Yes I'd like to have some of them, but we did work hard for that stuff. Us die hard players like to unique Bakeries.

If TL would do a poll on releasing just the ovens for gems I think a lot of high level players would be okay with it.

I don't feel like the ovens are prizes. There IS a difference. But when has TL ever listened to us. But they would find that a lot of people would buy gems to purchase the ovens.

ElaineCarrel
03-20-15, 05:54 PM
I would've hoped that people woulld b happy w all of the old ovens that've been brought back. I've been playing since July 2011 and this is the 1st time I've seen this happen. TL has also started giving us new recipes on the reg appliances which they'd never done b4 either. The only way we got new recipes b4 was by ether having new appliances w the wkly updates,that had recipes on them
or thru the monthly challenges. So b happy w what they're doing it's a whole lot better then the old way,
THX TL.

bobbyrae
03-20-15, 06:03 PM
I would've hoped that people woulld b happy w all of the old ovens that've been brought back. I've been playing since July 2011 and this is the 1st time I've seen this happen. TL has also started giving us new recipes on the reg appliances which they'd never done b4 either. The only way we got new recipes b4 was by ether having new appliances w the wkly updates,that had recipes on them
or thru the monthly challenges. So b happy w what they're doing it's a whole lot better then the old way,
THX TL.

One can be happy for the changes made while still asking for more changes. The two are not mutually exclusive. Before you started in July 2011 there were a lot of things players kept pushing for non stop so that by the time you came on board you benefitted from these changes.

twospoons
03-20-15, 07:00 PM
i'm also very happy with re-released ovens, but as bobbyrae said, that doesn't mean i can't continue to offer suggestions for improvement! (although the following isn't actually a suggestion)

i feel a lot more sympathy for the people who've gotten first prizes from boxes and then had those released to the general public than for those who unlocked goal prizes that later become generally available. mind you, i've never won a first place from a box, so i'm pretty happy to be able to purchase them occasionally, but i really do feel bad thinking that's made someone else's bakery/restaurant a lot more common, especially since that person quite possibly spent real money on the prize.

but then again, i'm not really into the whole "i earned this!" attitude towards goal prizes. maybe if i'd done a set of goals that i actually thought was a struggle to complete i'd feel differently, but i haven't (if i'd managed to finish that yacht set from way back when, that would have felt like an accomplishment probably).

KimWill
03-22-15, 07:17 AM
TL's stand on not releasing expired goal ovens is "It wouldn't be fair to the players who completed the goals"

BUT they are introducing "Bundles" that includes items I've spend a ton of gems on trying to get some of the items that are no longer available. So how is that different?

That being said, I hope the bundles will be available on Android soon. I am willing to purchase gems for the bundles but even more so for the expired ovens.

BTW I took a break from playing and have seen some positive changes in the game. TL has been working hard to improve the game. They are the only games I've played that update EVERY week

c_lookout
03-22-15, 02:56 PM
I understand them not allowing people who didn't complete Goals, to be able to buy Goal stuff...but it would be nice to Unlock past Goals that players missed...in other words, they have an option to complete said Goal, it the original time frame when they unlock it. Each Goal could be offered for an amount of Gems, the player could buy. Then they would have the same Goals and x number of days to complete that Goal. There are several I missed due to a messed up device, that I would be more than willing to pay to be able to complete them, and I'm sure others would as well. I don't see how players who completed those Goals when they were free, could complain, or how it would be unfair to them. :-)

wondercee
03-23-15, 10:11 AM
hi could you guys please unlock the gelato bar quest again?? this system isn't really fair to those who joined the game late. I didn't miss the quest I didn't even have a chance to unlock it

KimWill
03-26-15, 02:19 PM
TL's stand on not releasing expired goal ovens is "It wouldn't be fair to the players who completed the goals"

BUT they are introducing "Bundles" that includes items I've spend a ton of gems on trying to get some of the items that are no longer available. So how is that different?

That being said, I hope the bundles will be available on Android soon. I am willing to purchase gems for the bundles but even more so for the expired ovens.

BTW I took a break from playing and have seen some positive changes in the game. TL has been working hard to improve the game. They are the only games I've played that update EVERY week

I want to know why this post which I originally started in a new thread was moved to this topic? This post is not about unlocking expired goals. It's about the double standards and bundles not offered on android

bobbyrae
03-26-15, 02:26 PM
I want to know why this post which I originally started in a new thread was moved to this topic? This post is not about unlocking expired goals. It's about the double standards and bundles not offered on android

No doubt because you just happened to mention the words goals and expired in the same sentence. Smh. There is never any rhyme or reason apparently for the moderating that seems to take place here.

manorific
04-04-15, 07:15 AM
I've been playing restaurant story for quite some time now. I have fully expanded my restaurant to its max. My problem is that I can't unlock my appliances. Am I missing something? I try to keep up with the goals but I don't know when or which one I need to do to unlock the appliance. I'm frustrated and would like to delete game if there's no resolution. It's getting boring cooking the same foods on the same appliances all year long. I'm not advancing in any way.

tahnzy
04-20-15, 06:12 PM
I think we should be able to re-open goals once they have expired. I stopped playing this game for about 2-3 years and recently re-opened it. There are so many appliances that I cannot purchase because the goal is no longer active. I have emailed support but nothing......

lauraleighashby
04-21-15, 11:46 AM
This has been an ongoing request in the forums since I started playing...which was around Christmas. I loved the suggestion of unlocking them at lvl 99 since after level 55 there are no items or recipes to unlock, only a few more appliance slots. This would be quite the incentive to keep playing.

Wipeout4321
04-21-15, 03:03 PM
If anyone could reopen goals then what is the point of doing them in the first place? If person A completes a goal set and person B doesn't and person B still gets to have the prizes anyway, what is the point of doing them in the first place?!

At the most they should re-release a few items for a few hours for gems each year :)

lauraleighashby
04-21-15, 03:26 PM
No...saying the goals should be unlocked and still be done with a time limit so person A and B have to put in the same effort.

ElaineCarrel
04-21-15, 07:42 PM
Personally I'm happy that they won't rerelease old challenges. Quite a few of my nbrs and myself r unhappy that they're even released old goal appliances. We had to do certain steps to get these appliances and all the ppl now have to do is pay for them! That's what's not fair.

lauraleighashby
04-21-15, 10:27 PM
But as I said, if the goals are unlocked, everyone would have to do those same steps to earn the appliances and decor.

heart342000
10-06-15, 02:50 PM
Is there any way to unlock tables chairs stoves are counters , from tasks that I did not do? I just started playing under a year ago and would like to purchase different stoves and tables,or will the tasks come around again?

twospoons
10-06-15, 04:17 PM
nope, sorry. at the moment, items locked by goal will most likely stay locked, except that S8 occasionally opens them up or puts them in bundles for people willing to spend gems. players have suggested adding a permanent unlock feature in these games, but at the moment you can't and who knows if they'll ever allow it or not.

Bakerling
10-07-15, 06:21 AM
Is there any way to unlock tables chairs stoves are counters , from tasks that I did not do? I just started playing under a year ago and would like to purchase different stoves and tables,or will the tasks come around again?

No not at the moment. What twospoons said was right. Even certain recipes are locked in old machines that no more exist. But sometimes they can be released back for us to purchase.

deezydeuxx
10-09-15, 07:51 PM
I wishhhh they have lots of cute decor items i couldent get because i was to broke to do the goals lol

Bakerling
10-10-15, 11:03 AM
They have been releasing ovens for goals since 2011.

Yes, plenty of goals since 2011. There are too many types of ovens and recipes. There will still many to come on the way.

Bakerling
10-10-15, 11:09 AM

It is not fair for new users to use gems to unlock old appliances. If they need to do so, then no more new user willing to play this game anymore.

LightAndLove83
10-10-15, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by: ELAINE CARREL
"Personally I'm happy that they won't rerelease old challenges. Quite a few of my nbrs and myself r unhappy that they're even released old goal appliances. We had to do certain steps to get these appliances and all the ppl now have to do is pay for them! That's what's not fair."

I can't understand what is so unfair about someone having to spend Gems to unlock something that someone else did for free. To play a goal, you simply follow the steps to unlock it. Someone else would have to spend Gems for it. The only person losing out there, would be the person who has to buy Gems to do an old goal. I'd like to see them give us a choice of doing a new goal, or buying an old one, There are some things I wish I had, for decorative reasons.

Rynetory2
10-10-15, 02:23 PM
I hope they will release all past goals so newer players can have some fun. I rather they do it for free since older players got them free too. I did the older goals and wouldn't mind sharing with others.

Bakerling
10-11-15, 04:16 AM
I hope they will release all past goals so newer players can have some fun. I rather they do it for free since older players got them free too. I did the older goals and wouldn't mind sharing with others.

Yes I like the past goals to be released too. I hope new players can also have a chance to enjoy the goals. Have fun together with this game.

LightAndLove83
10-11-15, 12:13 PM
I think that the game is about decorating and cooking. Decorating is why people are at times, willing to buy gems. I have seen many things that were locked due to non completion of goals, that if I had them, I could do a real cute decoration. But, no such luck, so...I think being able to pay to unlock certain goals would be great. It might also break up the boredom for those who have to wait for goals to come around in order to have something to cook. :-)

deekathleen
10-11-15, 12:38 PM
Yes and if they repeat a theme then you hear the people who already have that theme complain they already did that. Then we end up with dinos in diaper themes.

Bakerling
10-12-15, 09:34 AM
I think that the game is about decorating and cooking. Decorating is why people are at times, willing to buy gems. I have seen many things that were locked due to non completion of goals, that if I had them, I could do a real cute decoration. But, no such luck, so...I think being able to pay to unlock certain goals would be great. It might also break up the boredom for those who have to wait for goals to come around in order to have something to cook. :-)

I have been waiting for goal to come around in order to have something to cook. I have mastered all the recipes in all machine including the Candy Cauldron
24901 I have mastered all the recipes in the Candy Cauldron.

Bakerling
10-12-15, 09:36 AM
Yes and if they repeat a theme then you hear the people who already have that theme complain they already did that. Then we end up with dinos in diaper themes.

I don't like dinos in diaper. Hopefully this will never happen.

msjanamac
11-25-15, 05:54 PM
I HAVE A FEW GREAT IDEA TO POSSIBLY CONSIDER TO SATISFY OLD & NEW PLAYERS! PLZ PLZ THINK ABOUT IT! Why not unlock old goals but add new recipes, items, & tasks to them so that the older players can obtain the new unlock items & recipes? Instead of making new appliances every week, create goals from the old appliances maybe once or twice a month that the whole game community can play. & after the new goals are completed, unlock the old items for purchase instead of winning them by doing the goal. I have been playing for over 3 years & had to miss past goals for a variety of personal reasons. We all have "REAL" lives & "REAL" problems that arise. The "REAL" world shouldn't conflict with what appliances we have access to & it should be fair. OR...There are many games that allow people to work on goals based on their LEVEL number in the game & social games for that matter! Why can't bakery/restaurant story be like that? Simply release the same past goal appliances 2 lower levels throughout the games where they can work the same goal & work just as hard in the same given time period. You all could even have a downloadable version to work the old goals so that old players don't have discrepancies about it or think new players did less work. After the older goals are completed, players can transfer the game data 2 the newest version. It seems this is a big loss to everyone beginning & to people who've played for years that just missed that time period due to "REAL" life situations. I guarantee you will get plenty of positive feedback & better market/store ratings & reviews! Just by changing that simple problem! Take a vote amongst the "REAL" people who play your games & "REAL" people who pay for these games! See what the investors want! Weather it be by paying for in app purchases or using our Internet data to play them, technically we're paying one way or the other! Isn't the point of making games/apps for enjoyment, to entertain the people, & possibly for developers to make profits from them? Without pleasing the players AS A WHOLE, it wont be as popular & can result in negative reviews. They're all very reasonable idea's. It's on you all as the developers to either value the customers desires or to ignore them. If you chose to ignore them, you may have negative results. I love the games & hope that you all can make the games FAIR TO ALL PLAYERS! If you feel it's unfair to older players, then how is that fair to the new players, even when they can do the same amount of work in the same amount of play time?

msjanamac
11-25-15, 06:03 PM
Everyone read my post & if you like those ideas, voice your opinion & MAYBE we can get these developers to do something!

msjanamac
11-25-15, 06:06 PM
I have been waiting for goal to come around in order to have something to cook. I have mastered all the recipes in all machine including the Candy Cauldron
24901 I have mastered all the recipes in the Candy Cauldron.
Try looking at the ideas I presented them with today. I don't see how one or more couldn't please everyone playing! Then we're all happy stories

msjanamac
11-25-15, 06:11 PM
I HAVE A FEW GREAT IDEA TO POSSIBLY CONSIDER TO SATISFY OLD & NEW PLAYERS! PLZ PLZ THINK ABOUT IT! Why not unlock old goals but add new recipes, items, & tasks to them so that the older players can obtain the new unlock items & recipes? Instead of making new appliances every week, create goals from the old appliances maybe once or twice a month that the whole game community can play. & after the new goals are completed, unlock the old items for purchase instead of winning them by doing the goal. I have been playing for over 3 years & had to miss past goals for a variety of personal reasons. We all have "REAL" lives & "REAL" problems that arise. The "REAL" world shouldn't conflict with what appliances we have access to & it should be fair. OR...There are many games that allow people to work on goals based on their LEVEL number in the game & social games for that matter! Why can't bakery/restaurant story be like that? Simply release the same past goal appliances 2 lower levels throughout the games where they can work the same goal & work just as hard in the same given time period. You all could even have a downloadable version to work the old goals so that old players don't have discrepancies about it or think new players did less work. After the older goals are completed, players can transfer the game data 2 the newest version. It seems this is a big loss to everyone beginning & to people who've played for years that just missed that time period due to "REAL" life situations. I guarantee you will get plenty of positive feedback & better market/store ratings & reviews! Just by changing that simple problem! Take a vote amongst the "REAL" people who play your games & "REAL" people who pay for these games! See what the investors want! Weather it be by paying for in app purchases or using our Internet data to play them, technically we're paying one way or the other! Isn't the point of making games/apps for enjoyment, to entertain the people, & possibly for developers to make profits from them? Without pleasing the players AS A WHOLE, it wont be as popular & can result in negative reviews. They're all very reasonable idea's. It's on you all as the developers to either value the customers desires or to ignore them. If you chose to ignore them, you may have negative results. I love the games & hope that you all can make the games FAIR TO ALL PLAYERS! If you feel it's unfair to older players, then how is that fair to the new players, even when they can do the same amount of work in the same amount of play time?

Everyone read my post & if you like those ideas, voice your opinion & MAYBE we can get these developers to do something!

Try looking at the ideas I presented them with today. I don't see how one or more couldn't please everyone playing! Then we're all happy stories

Originally posted by: ELAINE CARREL
"Personally I'm happy that they won't rerelease old challenges. Quite a few of my nbrs and myself r unhappy that they're even released old goal appliances. We had to do certain steps to get these appliances and all the ppl now have to do is pay for them! That's what's not fair."

I can't understand what is so unfair about someone having to spend Gems to unlock something that someone else did for free. To play a goal, you simply follow the steps to unlock it. Someone else would have to spend Gems for it. The only person losing out there, would be the person who has to buy Gems to do an old goal. I'd like to see them give us a choice of doing a new goal, or buying an old one, There are some things I wish I had, for decorative reasons.
Try reading my idea's on the 9th page. They're all reasonable to everyone

twospoons
11-25-15, 06:40 PM
I like the idea of them adding recipes to old appliances, whether goal or main, and if goal, simultaneously re-releasing it. But I think they've said before that the game just isn't coded for that, only the basic oven & drink maker can accept new recipes, and if they're going to do a whole bunch of coding work (which they're not, they have new games to worry about), I'd rather it was spent on bringing android up to speed.

peonycakes
11-28-15, 02:42 AM
I didn't read the entire topic but i just wanted to add that seeing "goal" on some items gives me as a new player the impression that the goal would come up at some point once I reach a higher level. I'd look up winter wedding and ballroom dancing and just not grasp that the items were for a limited period of time. I don't have a problem with it but it kind of shocked me because I've been playing for a month and only found out today and had been unable to wait to reach higher levels so I could unlock those goals!

Daughteroftheking33
08-26-16, 06:43 PM
I feel Storm8 should have it where everyone could complete locked old goals. What do you think?

sweenena_linda
10-22-16, 06:36 PM
Hi how I wished I can get the old ovens, they should make it so that if we didn't complete goal then, give us the chance to complete old goals now individually in our own wall per player of course, PLEASE???!!!???? Please find a way, I love to see those past oven & I even find my self taping on to see if ya realese it, lol please & Thank you!!! :(

EdiiLouise
10-23-16, 02:34 AM
I heard they re released old goals for new players like myself and you. I don't know if they will return Thanksgiving or Christmas goals (fingers crossed they do). I would love to do Thanksgiving goals but the oven says locked :(

bluewhale89
10-23-16, 09:02 AM
I hope they do with the old Christmas goals like they did with Halloween
Pleaseee!!

shinwg
10-24-16, 05:20 AM
i am hopping the same please bring back old goals and put gem dispenser bk on sale 225

caron7
10-26-16, 09:06 AM
I too have some recipes that have been locked since I started playing years ago... Would love the chance to open those! For example, molten lava cake, gingerbread cake, etc.

kellyleroc111
10-31-16, 05:53 AM
I would like the chance too and I'm under the impression they have made some effort to re-release some goals but not ovens sadly. I think it would be too much trouble and hassle to allow this. It's a real shame for newer players, I love my ovens I'm in process of collecting all ovens availble and stocking them up.
Great suggestion I'd love some of those ovens

topup2
11-07-16, 09:43 AM
There are thanksgiving parts as gifts what are they for?

Puddin1053
11-22-16, 05:48 PM
Me too I'd like the retired ovens and goals and recipes opened back up

LightAndLove83
03-07-17, 05:31 PM
I think it would be nice if old goals were made available to us during this time. Since S8 is in the middle of a big change right now, it would be a win for both sides. S8 wouldn't have to design anything new, and players could have a wack at the old items and ovens.

tamaraalexisreave
03-08-17, 08:30 AM
i think it would be nice if old goals were made available to us during this time. Since s8 is in the middle of a big change right now, it would be a win for both sides. S8 wouldn't have to design anything new, and players could have a wack at the old items and ovens.

ditto ;)

monkisses
03-09-17, 06:14 AM
Please allow the players to make up past goals to unlock all the ovens and items we missed..

Hannah396
03-17-17, 07:13 PM
I'd like this too. And why not make any goal we missed out on completing available with purchase, even purchase with gems? My drink machine has had cranberry cider at the end of the list as a locked goal since I started playing.

SpecialJs
03-24-17, 11:57 PM
I think it would be nice if old goals were made available to us during this time. Since S8 is in the middle of a big change right now, it would be a win for both sides. S8 wouldn't have to design anything new, and players could have a wack at the old items and ovens.

Yes I agree! I would love the chance to complete past goals I've missed out on! Also, does anyone know when or if ever they'll be releasing new goals?

Jojocl141587
03-25-17, 09:36 AM
Yes I agree! I would love the chance to complete past goals I've missed out on! Also, does anyone know when or if ever they'll be releasing new goals?

Yes they did confirm on another thread that they are working on bring new items and goals to BS. Although I wasnt able to buy the new crate I think the fact they are putting new items out there in some way gives us at least some faith to go on that something will be coming, hopefully soon

my607
03-26-17, 12:51 PM
I miss the last goal Chesterfield one last summer I think. Please bring it back

blueangel826
03-29-17, 01:36 PM
Such a great idea! I'd love to have the older appliances & unlock the recipes on appliances I have! Seems easy enough & would keep players from leaving the game due to the frustration of not getting weekly updates :)

twospoons
03-29-17, 05:05 PM
Not all of us though! It's a nice idea for people who missed out, but some of us have done most of the older goals, and I'd be wary if they released lots of old stuff and little new. I know rereleasing also takes some development time, but to me, new content is what indicates continued commitment to a game, instead of just coasting through.

That doesn't mean I don't think newer players shouldn't get stuff I have, I've always thought you should, it just would make me think twice about spending money here.

lunsy1961
04-14-17, 08:12 PM
I would like for you to renew old oven and stove goals. I've missed a lot of them. Such as: do new one day a week and do old another day of the week. OR every other week would work for me, also.

kayjco
04-23-17, 07:37 AM
They should make goals tied to levels. Every few levels, you get a new goal.

People who have been playing for years will obviously not love repeating goals they already did. That makes total sense.

Newbies very much dislike the "Ha ha! You didn't have the foresight to play our game three years ago, so when we sell you an oven, we won't actually allow you to use it!" stuff.

If it were tied to levels, then everyone would win.

sunshine1876
05-17-17, 05:48 PM
I quit playing because I got tired of new ovens right after finishing goal ovens. I got sick of neighbors never sending the parts needed. Plus I hurt my wrist and using the phone too much aggravated the issue.
I had reached level 99.

It doesn't really matter why we lost out on ovens. I'm with those who would like those ovens unlocked.

Here's my reason. On at least 3 occasions, I accidentally opened the expansion tab and touched a gift basket. Boom gems gone on something I didn't want. Storm8 will not refund gems, or add an "Are you sure" for gem purchases.

So for all those gems lost, I'd like goal ovens opened. Seems like a fair trade Storm8.

tinacapobres
05-18-17, 11:31 AM
They should make goals tied to levels. Every few levels, you get a new goal.

People who have been playing for years will obviously not love repeating goals they already did. That makes total sense.

Newbies very much dislike the "Ha ha! You didn't have the foresight to play our game three years ago, so when we sell you an oven, we won't actually allow you to use it!" stuff.

If it were tied to levels, then everyone would win.

This is such a great idea. Fair game.

hellob73
05-26-17, 11:16 PM
Is there a list of worthless ovens?

Rynetory2
05-26-17, 11:48 PM
Is there a list of worthless ovens?

Scroll down your Appliance tab and you'll find these goal appliances locked at the end. If you are looking for specific information of these appliances, you may want to check out the Cookbook Guide, link in Post 1 of Bakery Game Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840-Bakery-Story-Game-Guide).

LuveniaButler
05-29-17, 07:59 AM
I think goals sure last as long as those other games that are in goal, lasting for 100 or more days. When I do finish one part of the goal I don't have enough time left to complete the rest of it. Then I have all oven that I can't open. So yes I think they should be brought back open if goal isn't completed

AngelGyrl08
09-13-17, 05:47 AM
Why doesn't Lava do a new goal to complete as a 2nd chance to unlock the old items? If you get them by doing a goal then do the goal again?! That way you still have to work for the item.

Jojocl141587
09-13-17, 10:16 AM
Why doesn't Lava do a new goal to complete as a 2nd chance to unlock the old items? If you get them by doing a goal then do the goal again?! That way you still have to work for the item.

They actually did this last year for Halloween, they released a brand new Halloween goal and simultaneously re-released the Halloween goal from 2012 I think it was. It was a lot to complete them both but we had a month to do it. I'm hoping they decide to do it again this year again and with a Christmas goal as well, I've been dying for the older Christmas appliances

babublik
09-14-17, 06:16 AM
They actually did this last year for Halloween, they released a brand new Halloween goal and simultaneously re-released the Halloween goal from 2012 I think it was. It was a lot to complete them both but we had a month to do it. I'm hoping they decide to do it again this year again and with a Christmas goal as well, I've been dying for the older Christmas appliances

What was the old Halloween goal that they released simultaneously? I re-started playing last year during Halloween after taking a break. I initially started playing in 2012 but I only had the hallo-wedding goal released last year during October. I would remember repeating an old goal for sure or opting not to but I only had one goal on my list. Was it released in September maybe? I'm confused :confused:

* I should mention that I actually started playing in December of 2012 which is why I couldn't complete Santa's reindeer goal at the time... Since I was a newbie with not enough neighbors or resources so this is why I would like to know the theme of the goal that was re-released as I may have missed it twice :(

babublik
09-14-17, 07:20 AM
I understand where your coming from. However, they can't remove them for the people who did not complete them. They still need to be available for the ones that did so they can use them. It stinks that it's a constant reminder of what people are missing, but nothing you can do.

What was the old Halloween goal that they released simultaneously? I re-started playing last year during Halloween after taking a break. I initially started playing in 2012 but I only had the hallo-wedding goal released last year during October. I would remember repeating an old goal for sure or opting not to but I only had one goal on my list. Was it released in September maybe? I'm confused :confused:

* I should mention that I actually started playing in December of 2012 which is why I couldn't complete Santa's reindeer goal at the time... Since I was a newbie with not enough neighbors or resources so this is why I would like to know the theme of the goal that was re-released as I may have missed it twice :(

** nvm. I looked back through the forum posts. The re-released goal was from 2013. I already had that goal so that's why I didn't see it. Hopefully they'll rerelease the 2012 goal this year or even 2015 since I missed it

Jojocl141587
09-14-17, 07:30 AM
** nvm. I looked back through the forum posts. The re-released goal was from 2013. I already had that goal so that's why I didn't see it. Hopefully they'll rerelease the 2012 goal this year or even 2015 since I missed it

Yea I stopped playing for a few years cause life happened and I was unsure about the year. But this is true the only way you got it is if you never attempted the goal the first time

nothingness_429
09-26-17, 03:01 PM
I totally agree

bluberibakery
10-06-17, 06:19 PM
Why not allow people who've missed out on goals due to tablets breaking, or moving house or any of the other things life throws your way, by allowing them to be purchased with gems? That way people are more likely to purchase gems to complete old goals and that'll send a bit of cash off to Storm8. Everyone's happy!

Dflow6
10-30-17, 01:15 PM
Seriously! I've been playing for years and have 38 ovens that are locked.goals should not "go away" ovens should be able to be unlocked. It's extremely frustrating! Team lava needs a major over haul...the fact that everything is locked and you can't progress past level 99 is ridiculous !!

I totally agree with you. Why am I penalized for not playing since the very beginning or even taking a break from time to time. Some real BS.

Dflow6
10-30-17, 01:21 PM
I don't want to pay to unlock items that people worked so hard for but give me chance to unlock mine as well at a later date!!!!!!!! Re-run some of the goals. Please . That would make so many unhappy players feel appreciated for being loyal participants of the game.

kieranyeow
10-30-17, 07:42 PM
I don't want to pay to unlock items that people worked so hard for but give me chance to unlock mine as well at a later date!!!!!!!! Re-run some of the goals. Please . That would make so many unhappy players feel appreciated for being loyal participants of the game.

Don't worry , they did brough back some old appliances from time to time like the truffle maker , fruit chocolate dip etc. I strongly believe that storm 8 would bring back some appliances back , recently they've brought back the coffin drink machine. So yea don't be disappointed, keep playing and you'll be surprise.

#ibelieveinyoustorm8 :') Since 2011.

myferngardens
03-08-18, 06:18 PM
I haven't played bakery story in years. There was no way to play old goals years ago. Has anything changed? Does s8 ever open up old quests? I would pay real cash money to play older goals now that I have more time and desire to play again.

Jojocl141587
03-08-18, 06:43 PM
I haven't played bakery story in years. There was no way to play old goals years ago. Has anything changed? Does s8 ever open up old quests? I would pay real cash money to play older goals now that I have more time and desire to play again.

Unfortunately no, they have started re-releasing old appliances and adding new recipes to appliances that are still available and re-creating some of the old goals I guess you could call it. But if you haven’t played in years then some of the stuff they’re releasing now might be new to you

Constellationsam
03-08-18, 10:09 PM
I think they should make it so if you're a new player and make an account then you start from the beginning of the appliances, so to not miss any. We can't go back in time and catch the game from the start!

summersalt
03-10-18, 08:22 AM
I think they should make it so if you're a new player and make an account then you start from the beginning of the appliances, so to not miss any. We can't go back in time and catch the game from the start!
Agreed .. Or a at the very least just remove locked items from my menu. They serve no purpose. And The scroll through is just painful. I stopped playing for about 4 years, due to life happening. Lol

dontidae
03-14-18, 12:32 PM
As someone who has been playing for years I have to say that I would have absolutely no problem with all goals being available to everyone! Why would I want someone who joined last year to not be able to have something I got 5 years ago? To say it isn't fair is silly. I would say it isn't fair that not being around during the time of a goal means you can never have what it offers is what's silly.

babykitful
05-24-18, 12:02 AM
hello everyone.:o I recently started replaying BS for the past two weeks. I noticed there ARE many GOAL appliances that I missed??? I really wanted to build and bake some of the GOAL appliances that had past due date! Is there any way for me to UNLOCK it back? Please do tell me this is doable. Thank you~
xoxo, kit.

Rynetory2
05-24-18, 08:29 AM
hello everyone.:o I recently started replaying BS for the past two weeks. I noticed there ARE many GOAL appliances that I missed??? I really wanted to build and bake some of the GOAL appliances that had past due date! Is there any way for me to UNLOCK it back? Please do tell me this is doable. Thank you~
xoxo, kit.

You wont be able to unlock goal appliances and recipes of past goals, unless Storm8 releases those goals again. See this in Game Guide.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98332-Bakery-Story-WIP-thread&p=1413722&viewfull=1#post1413722

Merged to existing thread.

rusticjess
05-24-18, 01:40 PM
I really wish I could have done the latte goals from last September. Unfortunately I was affected by Irma at that time so I couldn't play at that time and do that goal

bezczelnyguy
07-09-18, 12:18 PM
Hi!!

I've been 2 years since installing the game and I missed many goals ...

Most old recipes look great and I would like to have them in my account.

Even putting them on sale to pay with gems would be great!

Salinka1776
07-11-18, 03:52 AM
Well, according to these ENDLESS pop-up (completed) Challenges, we CAN buy appliances we've missed out on with gems.. if we know which appliance was from which challenge.. UNLESS of course, Storm8 just gobbles our gems and gives us NOTHING.. which wouldn't surprise me in the least! :-/

GrammaJen
07-25-18, 10:45 AM
What about open appliances with goal recipes? THAT IS NOT RIGHT! You get a new appliance and recipes are locked.....how do you unlock the recipes for that device?

Rynetory2
07-26-18, 12:59 AM
What about open appliances with goal recipes? THAT IS NOT RIGHT! You get a new appliance and recipes are locked.....how do you unlock the recipes for that device?

In case you aren't aware, I've replied to your earlier post on this. See my reply to your post in the Bugs forum. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?26275-Current-Known-Bugs-and-Issues-for-Bakery-Story&p=1528699&viewfull=1#post1528699

CafeCoopMi
07-26-18, 10:53 AM
Well, according to these ENDLESS pop-up (completed) Challenges, we CAN buy appliances we've missed out on with gems.. if we know which appliance was from which challenge.. UNLESS of course, Storm8 just gobbles our gems and gives us NOTHING.. which wouldn't surprise me in the least! :-/

As expected, that's EXACTLY what happens. :-(

Azul
08-25-18, 01:16 PM
As expected, that's EXACTLY what happens. :-(

I'm confused, what do you mean?

sabrinarhma
08-30-18, 01:28 AM
Can anyone explain what it means by ?old goals??

i started playing a month ago and i had just finished the sweetco goal 3 days ago..
i really want the parisian picnic table but it is locked.. i was wondering if the goal to get it, is one of the old goals everyone talk about?

AnnirasSweets
08-30-18, 03:03 AM
Can anyone explain what it means by ?old goals??

i started playing a month ago and i had just finished the sweetco goal 3 days ago..
i really want the parisian picnic table but it is locked.. i was wondering if the goal to get it, is one of the old goals everyone talk about?

Yes, that is one of the old goals. There are certain goals, such as the SweetCo goals, that start according to your level/advancement in the game but there are other timed goals that are only available for a limited amount of time, such as the Parisian Love goals which were released back in February 2014. The long and short of it is if you missed out on the goals or didn't finish them, then you've missed your chance for the items as well. There are certain times when they will relist ovens/deco items from old goals so there's always a chance you'll see the item you want in the future.

Post 396 of the General Question thread asks a similar question which was answered by myself and others in depth. Perhaps it will help you better understand the difference between goals as well:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98676-Bakery-Story-Help-Me-I-have-a-Question/page40

sabrinarhma
08-31-18, 06:42 AM
thank you for the reply and helpful references!

ST4CoolGames
10-06-18, 04:14 PM
I don't mind the 5 day Goals. The opportunity to add recipes to a previously owned appliance is pretty nice. I do have some ovens where some recipes are locked by previous goals.

Question: if a previous oven is selected to add "new" recipes and that oven has "locked-by-goals" recipes, will the locked recipes become unlocked?

For example, I have the Pumpkin Stove, which would be cool to add more recipes to it (hint! hint!), given that it is a Halloween-themed appliance. However, I have two recipes locked by goals on it (I don't remember where I was when this goal came out; it was probably during my hiatus away from the game).

So, if this stove gets new recipes, will these old ones be unlocked?

TwixAndScones
10-06-18, 08:36 PM
This may not answer your question completely, but hopefully it works to add this in here.

I think unless they re-release the whole goal all together, they definitely will not do a 5 day goal with it - or add new recipes to it.
At least that is what I think.

Whereas you can buy the 5 day-flash goal ovens during said goal, and it is not tied to a previous goal or goals. So you can buy them even if you have never used them before the flash goal. I think that is why they have never added any new recipes on to actual goal related ovens from past or present yet.

If they was to re-release the goal again (right now or even if the future) new players will not be able to participate, especially if they did not play during the re-release of said goal.

Right now, I think the main focus for the company, is just finishing the actual ovens that can be purchased by anyone, at any time, then adding new recipes to it.

(IMO) If that was to happen, it would not possibly happen for a year or even more, if it actually was to happen.
I think to bring back all goals, would be great, but to tie them to a side goal is a whole other different thing. And may not happen for awhile.

On to your question
about being able to unlock old recipes.
(I will manage to try to answer it)

If they was to bring back the whole entire oven, then yes (as a separate goal) then add more recipes to it as a flash or anything else, then I would assume so - I assume you would be able to get all the recipes unlocked.

It may not be helpful. This is only speculation.

ST4CoolGames
10-09-18, 10:49 AM
Thanks, kappy for the response.

They did re-release an "oven" that was tied to a previous goal, The Ballpark Fountain. I know because I did the goal when it came out. That goal had the Grand Slam Oven and the fountain so they do re-release previous ovens from previous goals. But, the fountain was the first appliance in the goal so I had no problem unlocking all the recipes for it.

I guess we'll see what they'll do.

TwixAndScones
10-09-18, 12:53 PM
Thanks, kappy for the response.

They did re-release an "oven" that was tied to a previous goal, The Ballpark Fountain. I know because I did the goal when it came out. That goal had the Grand Slam Oven and the fountain so they do re-release previous ovens from previous goals. But, the fountain was the first appliance in the goal so I had no problem unlocking all the recipes for it.

I guess we'll see what they'll do.

That is a good point.
I totally forgot about that. Maybe they will then.
I should have done my research. Instead of jumping to false claims/conclusions.

I thought of something else/a different scenario.
So none of my points still remain. Sorry for that!

I did do the goal previously on 2 of my bakerys, but I did not do the flash goal/add ons on either. But was the 1st 3 recipes unlocked for all players? No matter if you played or not -when the oven/goal was 1st released?- I do not know.

Glamy101
11-05-18, 11:18 PM
I remember in the past there was a limited time where we had an opportunity to purchase old appliances. Wish that this can be brought back in the game for Bakery and Restaurant Story!

chezkrafft
11-21-18, 06:36 PM
Its seems as though there is a large request and desire for old locked goals/appliances/recipes to be accessible somehow. This appears to be going back a few years also. Some players feel that they worked hard when it was first released and those late to the game are just out of luck. Other players feel that new/returning players should have some way to access all the old stuff that is locked in our menus. I read that some appliances have come back with new recipes, and other things have come back as part of a flash-sale-something-or-other.

Across any gaming platform, there should be a away to select and purchase these, through gems/coins or both, so that new players or players returning after whatever reason can enjoy the fun in unlocking them.

I'm not seeing why every two years or so, the old locked goals/appliances/items couldn't be accessed as an optional side goal. If so many quit playing because they feel like they will never be able to access old locked goals/items, it would make sense to find a way to remedy that.

FractionalPi
02-04-19, 09:28 AM
I am a player that was there from the beginning -- and then just found it too time consuming and dropped out for about 5 years. I have pictures of my original bakery, but did not have its name and just have no way of getting that bakery back. I am not sure of the appliances I have lost along the way -- too much time has past to remember.

I so enjoy popping into a bakery and seeing a gingerbread house or bubble tea or other recipes that are just rare because you had to be there for the Red Gift Stove or Bubble Tea Maker. And I appreciate the rarity and that those owners worked towards those goals.

But the thing is they also gift parts from those machines not realizing that others do not have access. And I think it is one thing to be able to aspire towards something and it is another to be in a land that is exclusionary.

Couldn't there be some balance as was mentioned by chezkrafft from the beginning of this thread. That you know you will have to stick around for quite a bit of time to catch appliances and recipes that you desire but missed, the couple of years chezkrafft mentions seems to me a good time to cycle through items, perhaps more years... But I am not sure I can fully appreciate the need that those that have those desired appliances, that is those that have a need to keep them locked to themselves.

Why I chose to return is that I noticed and appreciated that there is a community of joyful and caring neighbors on Bakery Story - to me that is what the game is about - like The Great British Bake-Off, its more supportive than other environs. I try to tune out lost gems and neighbors dropping neighbors for whatever reasons. But I think the game should strive to balance joy as a "goal" in its decision-making process in how its organization manages the game. From this perspective I full-heartedly agree with chezkrafft - it should not be easy or compromise the hard work other bakers put into their bakery, but old locked appliances and recipes and decor should kindly be open to the community maybe with a little more frequency and documented regularity than it is currently - with a transparent process that we all know and understand.

RestauranterRanter
02-13-19, 03:18 PM
First - I apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere. I tried like the ****ens to find this and was unable .. but maybe my search terms were not correct? So if this is a duplicate of some post somewhere, my sincere apologies.

But .. my question/request for .. well .. likely the game designers .. is what can we do to access recipes that are attached to former goal ovens - still available on the market/design area - as the goals are over? For example, on one account I just bought the Starship Oven. I spent gems to complete one and now I see I have three recipes available .. but three that are not available. Again .. I think this is likely due to the oven being a goal oven from a time when I was away from the game?? (I come and go quite often and as such have missed quite a few goal ovens which I then purchase and ... well .. I end up in the situation I find myself in now somewhat often!:blue:)

Would there ever be away to pay gems .. because I figure that will fly with the owners of the game .. to access these inaccessible recipes? Or maybe have a month where we might somehow be able to reopen goal ovens for recipe completion? Or maybe if someone buys a former goal oven, the game code would somehow recognize that and reopen the goals for the inaccessible recipes? Not sure .. just spit-balling here .. but I for one would sure like to be able to use every oven I purchase to its fullest ability.

So .. what say the forum and maybe any folks from Storm8 who might actually read these things? Would you be open to reopening goal ovens goals, paying gems or some other unthought of by me means to access all recipes for your ovens?

loki1967
02-15-19, 06:20 AM
Hi

There are lots and lots of threads that address this issue. Some going as far back as 2013. There are lots of people who would like access to old goals but unfortunately the only way so far is if storm bring ovens back out for 5 day goals as happened with the starship oven. Buying your way out is not fair on players who have put a lot of time and possibly money into completing the goals at the time. I have missed a fair few goals due to a couple of years not playing but at the end of the day you have to be in it to win it.

Lisjona
02-25-19, 10:39 AM
Good afternoon, dear game administrators. I have a question on interior items (stoves, stoves, tables, chairs and food containers), which in the Goal section are not open for some. As I understand, these things were available after completing the tasks. Will these tasks be repeated if you missed them before that? There are just a few things that I would like to purchase, but since I missed my assignments, I cannot buy them, since they are not available. I think many players would love to buy these things. With respect, Nadezhda.

Rynetory2
02-26-19, 06:00 AM
Good afternoon, dear game administrators. I have a question on interior items (stoves, stoves, tables, chairs and food containers), which in the Goal section are not open for some. As I understand, these things were available after completing the tasks. Will these tasks be repeated if you missed them before that? There are just a few things that I would like to purchase, but since I missed my assignments, I cannot buy them, since they are not available. I think many players would love to buy these things. With respect, Nadezhda.

Welcome to the forum.:)

Yes these limited time items remained locked for players who did not complete the goals. You won't be able to unlock them unless Storm8 re-releases them as goals or put them on sale.

Feel free to drop a request of items (decors, appliances or recipes, etc.) that you like to return in this thread. :)
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93789-What-are-your-favorite-Bakery-Story-items

Lisjona
02-26-19, 09:26 AM
Thank you very match.))

Welcome to the forum.:)

Yes these limited time items remained locked for players who did not complete the goals. You won't be able to unlock them unless Storm8 re-releases them as goals or put them on sale.

Feel free to drop a request of items (decors, appliances or recipes, etc.) that you like to return in this thread. :)
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93789-What-are-your-favorite-Bakery-Story-items

boopy67
07-04-19, 12:01 AM
Here?s my question. How do I get the ovens I DID unlock that for some reason are no longer on my account? Same username same GC just different phone. I did not get them all back. I email Storm8 and no response

AnnirasSweets
07-04-19, 05:13 AM
Here?s my question. How do I get the ovens I DID unlock that for some reason are no longer on my account? Same username same GC just different phone. I did not get them all back. I email Storm8 and no response

This sounds like an issue for Storm8 Support. You can contact them one of two ways:

Via the Bugs Forum located here: https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Bakery-Story-Bugs-amp-Issues

Or the Storm8 Support Site located here: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Keep in mind it's a holiday right now in the US so they may not respond for a few days.

bluberibakery
07-10-19, 09:05 PM
FWIW I've been playing since 2011. That makes me an older player and I'm fine with re-releasing previous goals so people can own those ovens. Saying it wouldn't be fair to older players seems like a bit of a cop-out tbh. Everyone deserves a chance to earn the ovens they want.

sohini4
08-15-19, 07:15 PM
Old locked items, appliances , recipes should be unlocked as sidegoals. For sake of everybody. For those who are new, for those who missed those for unavoidable circumstances and fort hose who are suffering from recent goal recipes final look. Storm8 should re-release those goals so that player can get beautiful looking dishes again and enjoy the charm of doing the goal.
Somewhere somebody said that its unfair. I dont understand what is so unfairabout this? Ppl need to put more effort to complete those in 5 days than you did in 15 days that also without running after 40+32 parts for one appliances in present format.
Old days are gold.... There was no rule to buy minimum 3 ovens. But still ppl buy as many as they want. Now also some player buys more than 5 ovens.
Game should be interesting for everybody. I am playing since 2013. Previous dishes were more beautiful, creative, appropriate with theme and quantity was more. Now sometimes we get only 400 plates after spending 10 hours.
So re-release unlocked goals would be a tough challange and very much fair for everybody in my opinion.
Thanks

MaddieRocks1025
08-28-20, 01:38 PM
Honestly there should be something done about it. At least open up the old goals and give us 15 days to complete along with the new goals at least. It will be challenging but at least we have a chance at getting the old goal ovens instead of just staring at them in the goal section.

Please reply if you agree!!!

jukyo8
09-20-20, 02:14 PM
Honestly there should be something done about it. At least open up the old goals and give us 15 days to complete along with the new goals at least. It will be challenging but at least we have a chance at getting the old goal ovens instead of just staring at them in the goal section.

Please reply if you agree!!!

Concordo.