PDA

View Full Version : What BONUS??

passinthru8
09-18-14, 05:34 PM
After I updated Fantasy Forest, a few weeks ago, I realize that I am no longer getting "Bonus Coins" from visits! I still receive messages that "so and so visited and left you a bonus, please return the favor". But when I tap the sparkling habitat, I don't get bonus coins. Of course I tested this by frequently collecting then waiting to see sparkles. If this was intentional, then what bonus are they referring to??? No incentive to add new neighbors or even visit the ones I have. Its bad enuf you can't leave a comment on a neighbors wall. Does TL intend to change it back?? I sure hope so. Thanks for the game and all the new animals!

[S8] Elsa
09-18-14, 05:56 PM
Bonus Coins are already included in the total that you collect. You won't see a little "+200" pop up when you collect.

zenobia42
09-18-14, 06:01 PM
I have no idea why the game designers stopped including the sparkle bonus in the amount shown on the "collect" icon on the bottom of the screen. But if you tap your sparkly habitat, you DO get the bonus. The image that rises out of that habitat shows the boosted coins, and I triple checked and counted - after collecting from sparkly habitats, my total con count DOES go up by the boosted amount.

It is REALLY confusing, though, because of the incorrect amount now showing at the bottom of the screen. Especially since it actually DID show the correct amount until a couple of updates ago.

zenobia42
09-18-14, 08:57 PM
Speaking of the sparkle bonus, they raised the level cap from 30 to 40, and the habitat cap along with it, but NOT the bonus you get from sparkles. I still get the bonus I've gotten since like level 25. It would be awfully nice to get $300 or $400 when >level 30... especially when expanding to and clearing ONE plot costs over 2 million gold.

SANDSCApe
09-20-14, 12:26 PM
I like it this way. I often want to know how much the animals have earned over certain intervals of time.
Before, I used to have to subtract the bonus amount to get this information before clearing the habitat. Now I can see exactly what the earnings are. The animals have not earned the bonus, so it shouldn't be included in the habitat total.

Logically, it's more satisfying to see 4862 on a small Water Way that's almost full, rather than 5112 when the capacity is 5000. 5112 gives the false impression that the habitat is full beyond capacity when it fact it can still hold another 138 coins.

I remember some players used to wonder if the bonus might prevent them from collecting more income if it was being included in the habitat total. It didn't, but now at least they don't see it there. The total of earnings PLUS bonus appears when you tap COLLECT, for players who want to track that.

Thank you for doing this separation. Please don't change it back.

SANDSCApe
09-20-14, 12:30 PM
Hmmm. What actually brought me to this thread was that I thought it was a complaint about the stingy prizes for the Bonus Rounds of the Nightmare Tournament as well as the On Hallowed Ground goal.