PDA

View Full Version : Religious Posts

yumyummi8
09-18-14, 11:26 AM
I am getting very tired of seeing religious posts on walls. Quotes from the Bible, quotes about accepting Jesus, etc. I find this to be very disrespectful to other players. I wish people would show respect and understanding that everyone has their own views and religions. This is a game, and not a place to put your religion in other people's faces.

- StrawberryField -

orleansparish
09-18-14, 11:56 AM
What we may not like, others do. Be it a religious post, gross humor, adult humor, a pick me up joke, etc. It's best to read twice what you like and say, hey, someone will appreciate this. Otherwise we all would go crazy from something annoying or another.

jewelfang
09-18-14, 12:13 PM
I agree with what you say but there are other ways to handle religious posts on your wall. I simply go politely tell the person that I appreciate the sentiment but I am not a Christian, and please do not post those kinds of thing on my wall. People will either respect your religious views and stop posting, or delete you as a neighbor. Lets be honest, who wants neighbors who are that intolerant? Most people are respectful though. This is a app where people from all over the world play.

To other neighbors walls that are basically a wall of bible quotes, just don't read them when you visit, and leave your own nice daily message.

CuteTali
09-18-14, 01:07 PM
Agreed! Keep religious propaganda and adult humor out of everyone's business.

StevenKevin
09-18-14, 02:32 PM
I've always politely asked my religious neighbors to stop sending me blessing or writing other stuff i dont believe in on my wall. They generally agree and thats the way society works, different people living together in harmony. I do think those posts do not intend to be offensive its just some people find it hard to realize we are not alike and thats a good reminder. I try to be as neutral as possible in my posts, tho of course when u get to befriend someone, posts are likely to become more.... orientated. Whatever, i always prefer reading adult humor than religious praganda - I have a neighbor in RS who ****s me with her daily adult posts - but if you dont really know who you are talking to it can be read as unsuitable. So till we are sure not to bother disturb or offend, lets remain as neutral as possible and then... all is permitted except the socalled forbidden words that keep surprising me at every innocent message lol

kooky panda
09-18-14, 02:46 PM
Religion is a pretty sensitive subject.

Since I don't want anyone to potentially offend anyone else's beliefs or values (inadvertently, of course), I'm going to lock this thread.

Thanks!