PDA

View Full Version : Update : 9/16: Gold Lion

zenobia42
09-16-14, 11:37 AM
Gold Lion is electric-fire super rare. Breed / incubation time = 21 hours. Available at level 17.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15630 15547 15548 15549 15550

As expected. ANOTHER 2 more animals this week. I predicted electric-fire and/or electric-earth super rares and we got both.

Got this one with pyro pony and daredevil, my second electric super rare :)

zenobia42
09-16-14, 11:39 AM
I just started a long breeding so I can't even try for these guys yet. But I'll keep checking here and update the OP as people report breed times and posts pretty pictures of eggs and animals as they grow. :)

ramothsflight
09-16-14, 12:01 PM
And that puts me at 15 animals away from a complete album. I can't breed for these yet either. Was not expecting new animals today. Too much again, but guess we must expect that from TL. Too bad. I was really enjoying the game, even though I've given up on getting Emerald.

Looking forward to seeing Gold at epic and if it's eyes change.

zenobia42
09-16-14, 12:03 PM
And that puts me at 15 animals away from a complete album. I can't breed for these yet either. Was not expecting new animals today. Too much again, but guess we must expect that from TL. Too bad. I was really enjoying the game, even though I've given up on getting Emerald.

Looking forward to seeing Gold at epic and if it's eyes change.

Yeah, FOUR new animals a week, and TWO of them super rare?

Too.
Much.

SANDSCApe
09-16-14, 12:53 PM
Food and earnings, please. Each level.

zenobia42
09-16-14, 12:53 PM
Anyone have a breed time on this cute-yet-creepy-eyed critter yet?

igames4me
09-16-14, 12:54 PM
Food and earnings, please. Each level.

Click on the animal in your album... It says earnings

my607
09-16-14, 12:55 PM
I thought it was only me with that creepy eye on lion.

cocauina
09-16-14, 12:56 PM
Click on the animal in your album... It says earnings

It only says the earnings on lvl 4, 10 and 15, SANDCApe wants the earnings and required food from every lvl.

EviBrooklyn
09-16-14, 01:18 PM
Guys I'm being forced on selling my rares due to too many new animals coming out every week and no ability of buying new habitats. WTF

zenobia42
09-16-14, 01:28 PM
Guys I'm being forced on selling my rares due to too many new animals coming out every week and no ability of buying new habitats. WTF

OUCH. You have to sell rares? This game is really out of whack with the expansion costs, and with 3-4 animals PER WEEK coming out. There is no way to keep up.

EviBrooklyn
09-16-14, 01:48 PM
I sold already 2 solar simians, 2 mammoths, and 3 jackalopes. My armodillos are gone and so are most of the commons. TL, this is very unethical, I already spent gems I bought to speed breed and I'm forced to sell most of them. This habitat cap is intentional seeing that you got the battlegrounds and tournaments in order.
An update on when this cap will be remove is quite appreciated.

redfoxytail
09-16-14, 02:00 PM
Habitat cap moves with lvl cap. TL please raise the lvl cap.

Yeah selling commons, might sell starters as they're cheaper to get.

On topic: Does anyone have pictures of the Lion? Didn't see any on this thread. Ty.

zenobia42
09-16-14, 02:06 PM
On topic: Does anyone have pictures of the Lion? Didn't see any on this thread. Ty.

15547 15548 15549 15550
( No egg image yet. Will add when I get it. Images already added to the OP.)

ramothsflight
09-16-14, 02:17 PM
Really like it at epic. Even the eyes work out good. Unfortunately super rares continue to evade my forest. Will be hatching another fire glider.

Thanks for the pics.

redfoxytail
09-16-14, 02:22 PM
Thanks Zenobia :)

No eyes makes it look a little spooky though.

my607
09-16-14, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I agree it's ugly. I prefer the other animal

55lee55
09-16-14, 04:54 PM
Wow, I made my Full Album just in time! Don't expect to ever make it again, but that is okay because I actually bred the Emerald Dragon! I not only made the Full Album, but I didn't have to buy an egg to do it. Came so close though....never expected it at the last second like that!

Love having the new animals.

I want a Gold Lion. Off to try for one!

zenobia42
09-16-14, 04:57 PM
Love having the new animals. Need a release on the cap on habitats so if I breed one I can keep it!

We GOT more! You may need to restart your app a few times for it to show, but the level cap was bumped to 40, with 41 habitats. The XP we've been earning counts and a lot of us jumped right from 30 to 40. It's pretty sweet!

ETA: Of course, this just means I am back to the problem of not being able to afford to clear the spaces needed to actually build those extra 10 habitats. :(

55lee55
09-16-14, 05:17 PM
Awesome! Thanks TL! You are getting way ahead of an old lady like me!

bluefoxcrystal
09-16-14, 06:13 PM
Gaaaah!!! Why.... So... Creeeeeepy? :0 *shudders* no thanks! Sorry TL D: I can't.... No... Can... Breed! I'll try once! If I don't get it... Eh...

zenobia42
09-16-14, 06:52 PM
Gaaaah!!! Why.... So... Creeeeeepy? :0 *shudders* no thanks! Sorry TL D: I can't.... No... Can... Breed! I'll try once! If I don't get it... Eh...

LOL! Yeah, it is pretty creepy. Looks so... soulless. *shudder*

my607
09-16-14, 07:11 PM
No more creepy animals with no eyes. It's not cute. Just ugly sorry

brandonu
09-17-14, 06:58 AM
I'm alright with the design, but it should be called Demon Lion instead.

cquinn32
09-17-14, 07:27 AM
I love this one!! They can't all be cute and cuddly

BlueCanary
09-17-14, 07:53 AM
I like it, the white eyes look a bit creepy on the baby, but great on the adult and epic!

SANDSCApe
09-17-14, 11:48 AM
What's wrong with his eyes? Felines have spooky eyes in general and this one is ELECTRIC. How else should an electric cat's eyes look? They are perfect!
I find there's too much warm yellow in the Electric animals so far. I like the cold white light pouring out of this creature.

Of course, I'm breeding with a Hawk-Dillo combo (Electric-Earth-Nature-Fire) AGAIN, going for any and all Electric hybrids, but still only getting Thunderhawks. Still don't have Lion, Mammoth, Terradactyl or Sphinx.
Hawk on the nest. Hawk breeding. Over and over since September 6th or 7th. That's my life.

redfoxytail
09-17-14, 02:06 PM
Was thinking the loin would've been perfect for Halloween, creepy but not too themed so you can keep in your forest after the event is over.

redfoxytail
09-17-14, 02:09 PM
Btw is it just me or does the lion look tasty, like caramel candy in the lvl15 form?

EviBrooklyn
09-17-14, 02:40 PM
I got it. I used onyx ox and daredevil. The breeding is 21 hours..http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15579&d=1410990007 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15579&d=1410990007) 15579

SANDSCApe
09-17-14, 04:32 PM
I just got another 16 hours from the Hawk-Dillo combo. Some bizarre sense of curiosity makes me want to see how long this can continue. But I think I'll do something else tomorrow. Maybe Leopard-Dillo, because the Nature and Electric in my forest are like naughty kids who need to be separated.

EviBrooklyn
09-17-14, 04:46 PM
Sand unrelated to this topic.. Is it even worth breeding a pando and unicorn? What are the odds of getting the emerald?

55lee55
09-17-14, 05:55 PM
Hmm, the more I look at this gold eyeless, the creepier it seems.

Don't have it yet. Don't want it. Can some smart breed experts give me some ideas for exact combos to breed to get the Terradactyl but avoid the eyeless?

I made the Full Album at 50/50 with both the Unicorn and Emerald Dragon. I am satisfied with that.

I can see it now. Our Forests become haunted by rogue Gold Lions, The Eyeless Furballs. By early next year we who unfortunately bred these animals will be willing to pay TL bags of gems to implant precious stones into the empty eye sockets of these creepy critters so that we can stop looking over our shoulders during the shortest days of the year and develop a cure for the worlds first contagious nightmare disease. What gemstones will you be willing to buy to stop the midwinter sleep terrors? Fail Shales will be small change compared to the cost to dig up the no more bad dream diamonds.

I would rather not chance it. No thanks eyeless Gold Lion.

I know I will mess up breeding if I try to figure it out myself. I am so awful at figuring out breeding things.

I wouldn't mind breeding another Unicorn or Emerald Dragon while trying for the new Electric hybrids, but I need to know what to breed with what to ensure that I don't have a chance to accidentally get a Gold Lion.

I am hoping TL will release prosthetic eyes for this animal at a reasonable price. Please TL?

In the meantime, can my breeding advisors give me some non Gold Lion breeding suggestions?

Thanks!

EviBrooklyn
09-17-14, 06:23 PM
I got it and renamed it "Ugly". If this thing had normal eyes, it would have been really cute. As it is, it's quite scary. Pay out is good though

SANDSCApe
09-17-14, 06:44 PM
I think it would be even cooler if beams of bright light were shining out of Lion's eye sockets. Lasers, even. One glance, and he zaps the wings off the too many flying creatures. Especially those with the ginormous wing-spans like adult Glider. Zzzzzzt!!!!

cquinn32
09-18-14, 08:08 AM
55lee55 if you were to breed your emerald and shock fox together you'd have a chance at unicorn, emerald, any electric/stone or electric/nature hybrid but no lion.

I for one like the lion and hope to have a pride of them

hugpete
09-18-14, 12:12 PM
Can some smart breed experts give me some ideas for exact combos to breed to get the Terradactyl but avoid the eyeless?
This should be pretty easy to avoid. Lion is electric-fire and Terradactyl is electric-earth. So just don't put electric in with fire! To get Terradactyl, breed any combo of Rock Rhino, Lightning Leopard, Thunder Mammoth, Shock Fox. Those will only get you electric-earth results. If you want to try for a Unicorn at the same time, just breed electric and earth with any other 2 elements that aren't fire. Any of dark, nature, water. There are lots of ways to do this, but as an example, you could breed Thunderhawk (electric-nature) with Rockodile (water-earth).

I can see it now. Our Forests become haunted by rogue Gold Lions, The Eyeless Furballs. By early next year we who unfortunately bred these animals will be willing to pay TL bags of gems to implant precious stones into the empty eye sockets of these creepy critters so that we can stop looking over our shoulders during the shortest days of the year and develop a cure for the worlds first contagious nightmare disease. What gemstones will you be willing to buy to stop the midwinter sleep terrors? Fail Shales will be small change compared to the cost to dig up the no more bad dream diamonds.

This is hilarious.

hugpete
09-18-14, 12:13 PM
55lee55 if you were to breed your emerald and shock fox together you'd have a chance at unicorn, emerald, any electric/stone or electric/nature hybrid but no lion.

This too. I must've missed the bit where you said you had an Emerald. :)

Sumercarefree
09-18-14, 08:59 PM
Fire Glider and Fire. Got 16 hrs.
Daredevil I guess

Bambamstad
09-19-14, 03:04 AM
Just did a breeding ember bear with fireglider, and got 21 hours. Golden lion is on the way, now wait for 42 hours to hatch.

cquinn32
09-19-14, 05:15 AM
Just got this one this morning!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/ea11a59a4262a67ca2ba2bb3d86d147f_zpsbc2ea3f1.jpg
Congrats to all fellow lion tamers

Splashy81
09-20-14, 05:52 PM
I just got the Lion's 21 hour breed time with a L/6 Fire Glider & a L/6 Ox!

55lee55
09-20-14, 10:19 PM

I for one like the lion and hope to have a pride of them

Oh, thank you so much! Exactly the thing that I need and terrifies me every time I try to figure out the magic combo!

I so much want another Unicorn and Emerald so anything that gives me a change at those as well are a definite plus!

But, ugh now I am once again two short of a Full Album and I might be a bit OCD about this game. Plus as Sand and others have said, the Lion is quite impressive when grown up.

The latest two released bred in two of three tries, then almost all were expensive common fails, so I am still missing the Terradactyl, and yes the Lion, which being so close to filling my Album once more could I ask for a good luck pair to aim for the two of these Terra and Lion? I think the Eyeless Lion might grow on me and it looks quite handsome in the few Forests I have seen who have them. The Terradactyl is always a want, but apparently it has gone on strike against me due to my bigoted anti-eyeless comments for which I am very sorry.

So please my friends, what is a good suggestion for breeding for the two of these? Unless there is a much higher chance to get either than not, once again I would love to get another Emerald or a Unicorn fail.

Thanks!

buffalobert
09-21-14, 04:35 AM
I got mine with a level 9 daredevil and a level 9 fire glider. It took about 5 tries.

xanethi
09-21-14, 08:08 AM
I just got the 21 hour with fire glider and chromadile.

Drachenia
09-26-14, 07:01 AM
I have get me Gold Lion with Lightning/Pyro Pony

my607
09-26-14, 11:55 AM
Terradactyl I used a fire glider and a rockodile

ArcadiaTofu
09-27-14, 08:56 PM

My beautiful, beautiful Nightmare... how you've given me my first Ox and now my first Gold Lion. Breeding my Nightmare and Daredevil gave me the 21-hour breed time and I couldn't be happier :D

Now if my Nightmare could give me the elusive Phoenix that I can't breed as if my life depended upon it, I'd have all the fire combos in my album... :( Sadly, I think it won't happen anytime soon T__T

Good luck, everyone!

arikatu
09-27-14, 10:45 PM
I seemed to have join this stream of luck in getting the Gold Lion, haha. I just simply used Lightning Leopard and Pyro Pony, half expecting it to be a Fire Glider. Happy to be part of the club now! ;)

Of course, it's in the breeding den and now I've got that Terrorier sitting in storage, it's a tough choice to decide which to hatch first, hmmmm.

... I guess I should just wait for the Daredevil to hatch first.

ArcadiaTofu
09-27-14, 10:52 PM
I seemed to have join this stream of luck in getting the Gold Lion, haha. I just simply used Lightning Leopard and Pyro Pony, half expecting it to be a Fire Glider. Happy to be part of the club now! ;)

Of course, it's in the breeding den and now I've got that Terrorier sitting in storage, it's a tough choice to decide which to hatch first, hmmmm.

... I guess I should just wait for the Daredevil to hatch first.

Congrats, hun! Glad to see you get a Gold Lion as well as the Terrorier all in one day :D Indeed it was a good day...

SANDSCApe
09-28-14, 06:55 AM
Has anybody in the Ultra Society tried using Unicorn to breed Lion? I'm getting restless. Considering Unicorn-Daredevil.
I want my Lion.
I want my Lion! I want my Lion! I want my Lion! I want my Lion!
I WANT MY LION!

...Watch me get a stinking Pony on my first try with a fresh 11-hour egg in front of it. Then maybe hundreds of Ponies & Leopards.

cquinn32
09-28-14, 07:15 AM
Got mine with fire glider/leopard. I don't think you'll get a pony or a leopard from a unicorn/daredevil combo. will you?

SANDSCApe
09-28-14, 07:37 AM
Got mine with fire glider/leopard. I don't think you'll get a pony or a leopard from a unicorn/daredevil combo. will you?

You can, if Unicorn follows the same breeding rules as the Dragon Story Diamond. I believe it does, because DragonLoona got single-element commons (in addition to Unicorns) when she paired two Unicorns.

In any case, my Unicorn-Devil pair are breeding another Glider. So ...
Same ole, same ole, life in CommonVille.

I'll try this pair again though. Ya never know.

arikatu
09-28-14, 11:21 AM
I hear you! I tend to stick to the same parents over and over again, because I feel like if I switch, I might have to go through the whole procedure again. Maybe (probably) not, but that superstitious voice keeps nudging me otherwise.

Congrats, hun! Glad to see you get a Gold Lion as well as the Terrorier all in one day :D Indeed it was a good day...
Ahaha, thanks! Turns out my nest dilemma worked out for itself; I had gone to check my forest and noticed that Gold Lion was still in the Breeding Den, so the Terrorier, of course, made it's way onto the nest to hatch first.

Gweenykay
09-30-14, 01:45 AM

Shock! I followed the fire glider/leopard lead and on the first try have the 21 hr breeding time.
Many thanks

(Totally given up on unicorn)

SANDSCApe
09-30-14, 08:31 AM
Shock! I followed the fire glider/leopard lead and on the first try have the 21 hr breeding time.
Many thanks

Maybe I should do that too -- keep it simple and just go with Glider-Leopard or even Pony-Leopard. I can't possibly do any worse than get more Gliders.

I tried Unicorn-Daredevil 5 times since Sunday and got 4 Gliders with a Daredevil forming in the Garden. Lion is next, right? Right? Right? Yeah, right.

Let's see what TL may roll out today to divert my attention. It's Tournament Tuesday, I think. Also, we are looking out for that Electric-Water hippogriffic thing that showed up as a challenger on the Terrorier circuit. Or who knows - we may see the first Electric-Darks. But if nothing interesting pops up, it's back to my Lion hunt.

dragonloona
09-30-14, 10:18 AM
Maybe I should do that too -- keep it simple and just go with Glider-Leopard or even Pony-Leopard. I can't possibly do any worse than get more Gliders.

I tried Unicorn-Daredevil 5 times since Sunday and got 4 Gliders with a Daredevil forming in the Garden. Lion is next, right? Right? Right? Yeah, right.

Let's see what TL may roll out today to divert my attention. It's Tournament Tuesday, I think. Also, we are looking out for that Electric-Water hippogriffic thing that showed up as a challenger on the Terrorier circuit. Or who knows - we may see the first Electric-Darks. But if nothing interesting pops up, it's back to my Lion hunt.

Just keep trying with the combo your using!!!! I actually got gold lion with the pair your using. Plus got a second one with one of my 4 element combos lol. Trying for another unicorn lol... but I don't like the new times to try for emerald dragon now, (one hour for common and 5 gems to speed up!!!) it's not right!!!! Has anyone beaten the new tournament, I'm at 50 right now, going so slow due to me battling lots of level 15 creatures!!! And I finally got my unicorn to level 15, level 14 had to feed her 6000 food!!!! Went through 85000 food to get her to 15!!!! Hope you get gold lion very soon, SANDSCAPE!!!!!!

my607
09-30-14, 06:16 PM
No such luck here getting commons again. I used leopard with fire glider. :(

furbabieshotel
10-05-14, 06:57 AM
I have every animal except the unicorn and emerald one and the way I get them is feverishly breeding he EXACT same pair over an Dover, you get a few fails but then you get the super rare...for the life of me tho I can't breed that unicorn!!!

sanya87
10-06-14, 02:25 PM
Got this one with pyro pony and daredevil, my second electric super rare :)

viramisu
10-10-14, 10:53 PM
Many thanks

I just did. Breed glider and leopard, And i got 21 hours breeding time just now. Sooooooo happy. Thank you.. Thank you.. I want this lion so bad, more than unicorn, lol. This is my second electric super rate after terradactyl.

Good luck to all ;)

flowless
12-26-14, 11:02 AM
Got dreadvil first time
Second fire gilder
Third dreadvil
Forth fire glider

I hope i eould get the lion next time fingers crossed

Edit :
Try num 5 : fire glider
Try num 6: dreadvil

flowless
12-27-14, 10:59 PM
What was the avarge time needed to win this goldi

Now its long long 6 losses to me

Edit :
Wohoo just got 21 hour timer
I was gonna give up on it

lagwgw
01-06-15, 12:30 PM
More than 20 tries and still can't get this animal! I try pyro pony and leopard.