PDA

View Full Version : Update in App Store (9-15-2014) to v. 1.2.1

zenobia42
09-16-14, 08:50 AM
It just says bug fixes. Has anyone downloaded the update? Is there anything new or changed?

I am wary of downloading updates to find they totally nerfed the earning rates again or something. But if they opened the arena, that is something I definitely want to download and check out.

cquinn32
09-16-14, 10:19 AM
They did add the "arena" but it doesn't seem to be active!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/f4a2f2168dd33f5976c3be248574fdaa_zpsf1bf3e0a.jpg

zenobia42
09-16-14, 10:42 AM
Sweet! I hope the arena opens soon. And that it involves actual strategy with strong vs. weak attacks. Unlike the battlegrounds which are 99.9% about getting a critical hit or not.

Also - my level 15 ancient sloth finally got the epic colors! :)

redfoxytail
09-16-14, 04:06 PM
And they increased the level cap to 40 I think.

zenobia42
09-16-14, 04:15 PM
And they increased the level cap to 40 I think.

Yes they did! I LOVE that a while ago they let us start earning XP again, so that when the cap increased, those of us who had been at level 30 for a long time could jump right to 40. Also, my habitats cap also went from 31 to 41. Yay!

Another of the little things they did: the "expand" sign on island 1 that was facing island 2 is now on the northwest edge of the island. I am hoping that is an omen that that purple island to the northwest will open for expansions soon! And I am REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping those expansions are cheaper to clear than the one of the latter half of island 2 and all of island 3.

my607
09-16-14, 04:41 PM
Why is it that my level 30 there's no line showing at all? So I'm stuck at 30 until the line shows.

zenobia42
09-16-14, 04:47 PM
Never mind

So yours jumped to 40 finally, I hope?

goodsoul76
09-16-14, 05:35 PM
Updating won't reset anything that may be breeding or hatching will it? I have a sphinx in the nest right now and would hate to lose it

zenobia42
09-16-14, 06:57 PM
Updating won't reset anything that may be breeding or hatching will it? I have a sphinx in the nest right now and would hate to lose it

I've never heard of that happening.

In all online games that involve chance, though, after I get a result I really wanted, I try to remember to do something in the game that ensures it has to connect with the server again before exiting the game. For example, if you tap the social button, it has to connect to the server to produce a list in your community tab. So I tap that before closing the game. To make extra sure my device and the server traded info again. I have heard of a lot of people doing this sort of thing as a safety measure.

kooky panda
09-17-14, 10:32 AM

When you update to the current version, it will not change anything in your game.
Make sure you have set up a storm ID and password before updating.

SANDSCApe
09-17-14, 12:37 PM
When you update to the current version, it will not change anything in your game.
Make sure you have set up a storm ID and password before updating.

Oh yeah. I was hoping it would reset my breeding patterns and snap me out of this long-running series of Thunderhawk hiccups. No such luck.

...but I WAS Aable to build them some temporary shelters, due to the increased habitat limit.

Thanks for the update. Significant changes. Forest levels; habitat limit; special Battle Arena Tournament.

One question: Does the Arena run simultaneously with the regular Battleground? If a player is still on the path to Sloth, Yak or Troll, can she do BOTH those battles and the Nightmare contest? Or does the Battleground temporarily shut down?

infinitelove19
09-17-14, 12:47 PM
One question: Does the Arena run simultaneously with the regular Battleground? If a player is still on the path to Sloth, Yak or Troll, can she do BOTH those battles and the Nightmare contest? Or does the Battleground temporarily shut down?

They do run at the same time. My other accounts hadn't achieved the troll yet, so I can confirm this.
The only 'problem' is that if you need a particular animal to battle with & you just used it on the other arena, you'll be out of luck.

This update does include a couple of changes to the Battlegrounds, though.
First, the timer to recharge you 2 energy starts at 9:59 when you battle now. Before it could be anywhere from 10 seconds to ten minutes from the time of battling.

Also, if you have completed the battle tournament, it no longer displays the little "2" on the menu or on the battleground sub-menu. Nice to know it will only appear when we can actually do some battles! :-)

goodsoul76
09-17-14, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the tips! Was able to update w/o issue!