PDA

View Full Version : Being Fair to Zero Stars?

Rowdylibrarian
01-28-11, 11:14 AM
Hello, all! I've seen a lot of "delete zero stars players" advice around. I'm a four star player and tipper, with too many neighbors, so I agree that it's hard to justify spending time and effort on a level 36 player with a zero star rating. But I also see "delete one star players" or even "two star players". To be fair to people, how long does it take with no tipping for your star rating to fall? If someone is sick, or just out of town for a few days, I hate to delete them when their rating will go back up within a day or so. And do you keep zero, one, or two star people, or get rid of them? Thanks!

Unregistered
01-28-11, 12:39 PM
My account was inactive for 11 days - broken phone, had to wait for teamlava to restore it to my new one - and I went from 4 stars to 0 stars at some point during that time. I still received gifts and tip attempts during that time.

My feeling is that if you have time to tip EVERY person on your neighbor list EVERY day, you have time to look and see what their star rating is before you tip and just skip over them without deleting them. If, you even care what their rating is. I actually prefer to tip the lower level players, since they probably get more out of the 120 gold than some level 70 that's clearly put some real cash into the game... but that's just me! :)

Unregistered
01-28-11, 01:37 PM
Hello, all! I've seen a lot of "delete zero stars players" advice around. I'm a four star player and tipper, with too many neighbors, so I agree that it's hard to justify spending time and effort on a level 36 player with a zero star rating. But I also see "delete one star players" or even "two star players". To be fair to people, how long does it take with no tipping for your star rating to fall? If someone is sick, or just out of town for a few days, I hate to delete them when their rating will go back up within a day or so. And do you keep zero, one, or two star people, or get rid of them? Thanks!

Don't forget that there is some kind of bug that has never been fixed in RS. Your rating drops very quckly and it takes forever to get back where you were...unlike Bakery and City where if your rating drops you can back up to a 4 very quickly. If someone with a zero rating keeps tipping me and so on, I don't really care about their rating. Although, I have to say it is disconcerting to see your name on the message list and no one else. If I see rotting food for over a week and don't hear from them...I might delete them. But as the other poster pointed out...they were without a phone for 11 days. I'd say just go with your gut...

Unregistered
01-28-11, 02:21 PM
Don't forget that there is some kind of bug that has never been fixed in RS. Your rating drops very quckly and it takes forever to get back where you were...unlike Bakery and City where if your rating drops you can back up to a 4 very quickly. If someone with a zero rating keeps tipping me and so on, I don't really care about their rating. Although, I have to say it is disconcerting to see your name on the message list and no one else. If I see rotting food for over a week and don't hear from them...I might delete them. But as the other poster pointed out...they were without a phone for 11 days. I'd say just go with your gut...

The ones I delete are the ones that when I send a gift in the morning, they accept it and send me one back, then I go and tip them. They never come back. or even worse, they send gifts every morning, and I go tip them, and they never come back. They also have a low star rating . I will delete these nbrs because they can get on to play but just do not return favors.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 04:36 PM
The ones I delete are the ones that when I send a gift in the morning, they accept it and send me one back, then I go and tip them. They never come back. or even worse, they send gifts every morning, and I go tip them, and they never come back. They also have a low star rating . I will delete these nbrs because they can get on to play but just do not return favors.

Same. If you had 4 stars, I would notice, and if you suddenly drop to a 0, I would give you a grace period before I even decide to remove you. If you are just slacking like all the time (getting a 3 and 2, and back to a 3, and to 2), I'm just done with you :/ I hate it when someone adds like 500 people just to take advantage when obviously they can't handle that much. I only add what I can tip...

Unregistered
01-29-11, 10:14 PM
I was out of WiFi for a few days, even posted that I would be gone on my wall. As I have a very limited data plan I only logged on to gift my neighbors. Two of them dumped me in 2 days time. Quite sad.

Maxx
01-30-11, 11:47 AM
In the beginning I hesitated with deleting 0 star neighbours as well but I do it now without second thought. The ones I delete the quickest are level 30+ people who send you brownies and never tip. There is no reason to be that far in the game and not know that sending me something I can make in a minute is a crappy gift.

Nice Player
01-30-11, 01:15 PM
I'm level 30+ but when I first started playing I didn't know about tipping - I only discovered it when some coins showed up on one of my tables, and i had to investigate to see what that was! Same thing happened the first time I received a gift. Then I got involved in more of the social stuff.

But I have a full-time job and don't have time to "keep track" of who is or isn't reciprocating. Sometimes all I have time to do is put new stuff on the stoves and leave. Other times I'll just go randomly tip anyone. Most of the time when I send gifts though, I am notified that many of my "neighbors" have already accepted the limit of 20 for the day (I mostly play at night).

And as far as complaining about the "type" of gift you get? Does that really matter - will Stew get you more points than Brownies? I thought all that mattered was number of plates; the more you have then the longer it will last while something else cooks.

Rowdylibrarian
01-30-11, 02:34 PM
I should clarify that I wasn't advocating for people to dump their neighbors. Mainly I just wanted to find out how long it takes for one's star rating to drop.*

As far as gifting, from what I understand, most people want stew for a gift because it earns you the most money:

Gifts:

Roast Chicken - 50 plates x 8 coins = 400 coins
Bacon and Eggs - 100x1=100 coins
Stew - 150x5=750 coins
French Toast - 200x1=200 coins
Waffles - 100x2=200 coins

So if you are desperate for plates of food, because you ran low, French Toast is a good one to accept. If you are short of money, Stew is the way to go.

Unregistered
01-31-11, 09:58 PM
I have been trying to get to a 3 star level for some time now. Problem is that I can only tip one, MAYBE two people and then my game forse closes! I don't know what to do about it. When an upgrade is available I get it and I've uninstalled and reinstalled yet I still have this problem. I would love to tip all my neighbors every day but I just can't the game wont let me!

Unregistered
02-01-11, 01:49 AM
I had to delete some of my nbrs, just because of lack of time wtring them all, i want to keep the one r watering, tippingbback, as i spend my time wtring tipping them. I cant keep them in my list and not to wtr. I hope they will understand in a positive way

Unregistered
02-01-11, 07:14 AM
I've always been on 4 stars.. ALWAYS. But with the lack of updates that TeamLava has promised us, i kind of just don't care for the games anymore. I only check in to make sure i have RANK 4 on all my foods.

Unregistered
02-02-11, 11:21 AM
I dunno why the whining about ratings,
I have 100 neighbours, everyday I spend tem minutes scrolling through and tipping the ones of three or four stars, if they arent tipping then they dont deserve mine.
Once there was a total of eleven of my neighbours with a three or four and I only tipped them, and I still had a four rating.
If someone is continuously 0, 1 or 2 then I delete.

Unregistered
02-02-11, 02:37 PM
Not sure if this always happens, but we have a 2nd device in the house that has a farm on it that no longer is played. Before quitting they had a 4 star rating, and then just didn't open the game again. It stayed on 4 stars for nearly 2 months, and the moment the app was opened it dropped to 0 stars. We were able to see this from my farm, on the 1st device. I also have neighbours in RS, BS and FS that have obviously not played for a while who still have 3 and 4 stars. So my theory is that the rating only drops if the app has been opened or a player is active. Like I said, I am not sure if it always happens, but using that theory, if a neighbour has had 0 or 1 stars for two weeks or more I delete them. You only need to water/tip a few times to become 2 star, and if they haven't even done that, well..... Call me nasty or unfair, but it isn't just tips/water, we are taking the time out each day to send them gifts, too.

Unregistered
02-04-11, 06:28 AM
I used to go through my list of 200 neighbours and send them all gifts when I realized that hake of them probably have never sent me gifts back, so now when I receive a gift I accept individually and press say thanks,and send them back the same gift they sent to me, they will be the first person on that list. Why should I send stew to someone who sends me French toast every day?

Unregistered
02-04-11, 09:38 AM
yep 0 star neighbors are the scum of the earth and need to be eradicated. they are feeding off the generosity of the 4 stars and are probably welfare recipients.

gummii
02-04-11, 09:59 AM
yep 0 star neighbors are the scum of the earth and need to be eradicated. they are feeding off the generosity of the 4 stars and are probably welfare recipients.

Wow. Your comment is filled with so much ignorance it disgusts me to even read it. This reply is completely inappropriate and if Norman you are reading this, do your job and moderate and delete this offending post. Thank you.

Unregistered
02-04-11, 02:21 PM
Wow. Your comment is filled with so much ignorance it disgusts me to even read it. This reply is completely inappropriate and if Norman you are reading this, do your job and moderate and delete this offending post. Thank you.

Oh please. Instead of lounging around your section 8 housing that taxpayers are subsidizing and spawning the next generation of public assistance leeches take some time to reciprocate the work that someone else has put in on your behalf.

On the rare occasion that you do gift you probably give french toast. I hate those incapable of simple math.

If you are 0 star and continue wrongly accepting tips and gifts without doing anything in return, please do everyone a favor and remove yourself from the friends' lists of those that form the pillars of society without which we would all be living in conditions worse than those in Oakland, California.

Norman, keep up the good work, I know you're busy. Why censor the truth?

Unregistered
02-04-11, 02:55 PM
I go down my list and go tip the 0 star people, if they have rotten or no food on their appliances, I delete them.
Usually I go from 4 stars down to 3 and 4/5ths in 8 hours.
It's fairly easy to get to 2 stars, so 0 and 1 star people usually are too lazy to tip or have quit the game.

Nice Player
02-08-11, 07:54 PM
As far as gifting, from what I understand, most people want stew for a gift because it earns you the most money:

Gifts:
Roast Chicken - 50 plates x 8 coins = 400 coins
Bacon and Eggs - 100x1=100 coins
Stew - 150x5=750 coins
French Toast - 200x1=200 coins
Waffles - 100x2=200 coins

So if you are desperate for plates of food, because you ran low, French Toast is a good one to accept. If you are short of money, Stew is the way to go.

I didn't realize they had different plate values, good to know. :-) I will be sure not to "lame gift" bacon & eggs. LOL

But really my enjoyment comes from playing the game a few minutes here & there, not keeping track of who's reciprocating. I have bigger things to worry about, and I make plenty of coin from my little restaurant -- even with 1 million plus, I still can't buy lots of furnishings because it's gems-only and I'm unwilling to use REAL coin for virtual stuff. :-) I'm sure eventually I'll get bored with it and go away too? Fun for now though!

Unregistered
02-08-11, 09:43 PM
Guys, don't argue over this. Don't need to take this game so seriously.

Unregistered
02-09-11, 06:54 AM
I used to go through my list of 200 neighbours and send them all gifts when I realized that hake of them probably have never sent me gifts back, so now when I receive a gift I accept individually and press say thanks,and send them back the same gift they sent to me, they will be the first person on that list. Why should I send stew to someone who sends me French toast every day?

Agree, also have the same feeling. I always gift all my nbr as soon as the gift counter reset, so all my 150++ nbrs will surely get my gift, but do feel angry/sad when I found some ppl didn't even bother to gift back. Maybe I will only gift those nbrs who kind enough to gift everyday, and only tap on the "say thank" button for those who gift once in a blue moon

Fair enough?

deadpix
02-09-11, 08:25 AM
Not sure if this always happens, but we have a 2nd device in the house that has a farm on it that no longer is played. Before quitting they had a 4 star rating, and then just didn't open the game again. It stayed on 4 stars for nearly 2 months, and the moment the app was opened it dropped to 0 stars. We were able to see this from my farm, on the 1st device. I also have neighbours in RS, BS and FS that have obviously not played for a while who still have 3 and 4 stars. So my theory is that the rating only drops if the app has been opened or a player is active. Like I said, I am not sure if it always happens, but using that theory, if a neighbour has had 0 or 1 stars for two weeks or more I delete them. You only need to water/tip a few times to become 2 star, and if they haven't even done that, well..... Call me nasty or unfair, but it isn't just tips/water, we are taking the time out each day to send them gifts, too.

Yep, it's true; your Star Rating is only updated when you connect to play the game and your neighbors only see the last updated rating. This means that if you plan to go on a long vacation, you could in theory tip/water/clean/tend till you hit four (actually you need to go quite a bit beyond four) and then not touch your game for months and your neighbors will keep thinking that you are religiously visiting the community.

I know this is currently true for FS and CS as I have an old iTouch with an experimental Farm and City that had maintained a 4 rating for months even though I had not logged-in in just as long; I recently logged-in and the rating immediately dropped to zero. I saw the same on RS, BS and TS but only for a shorter 5-day period so I can't confirm if it's still an issue.

The easiest way to tell if a neighbor has quit a game is to lookout for telltale signs such as:

Continually Empty appliances
Appliances continually filled with rotting food with or without unhappy customers
Tables that stay completely tipped for extended periods regardless of the time of day you visit them
Continually empty farms
Farms with dead crops that don't go away
Farms with trees/flowers that stay watered like the restaurants/bakeries stay tipped in (3)
Cities with expired contracts that are never cleared
Cities that never seem to have contracts
Cities that stay cleaned like the restaurants/bakeries stay tipped in (3)

The problem with (3), (6) and (9) above is that there is a built in routine that clears off all the tips/waters/cleans after several days, (it used to be 14), and this gives neighbors the mistaken impression that the player had returned.

On the other hand if a neighbor has a zero rating and you notice that he/she has serving counters with gift-food served, then do not hesitate to ****-off that neighbor from your list as it quite clearly shows that he/she is a blood-sucking leech ... it barely takes the tipping/watering/cleaning of one neighbor to push your rating up to one.

Unregistered
02-09-11, 10:18 AM
I just got to level 40. I play RS and BS on a WiFi iPad. I don't always have an internet connect. I don't always have the time to tip AND gift people. But I always send my neighbors gifts and they do in return. Some people tip me everyday and some don't. Not once has it crossed my mind to delete someone for not tipping and gifting me every single day. I am an adult, have a full time job, and its hard enough for me to keep the food I cook from spoling. I'm glad I have neighbors that feel the same way and don't delete me when I get busy or don't have WiFi.

Unregistered
02-09-11, 11:32 AM
I don't think anyone is talking about neighbors missing a day or two of tipping... These people don't tip at all. I've never let it get that bad but how many days does it take to drop from 4 to 0 stars?

I can understand not being 4 star all the time, but 0 stars means you're not even trying.

Unregistered
02-09-11, 07:09 PM
Pls don't say that we are being unfair to the 0 star ppl. I understand that alot of ppl have their reason for being a 0 star. But, that is how this world works. You don't report to your job, don't get pay. You can't water your plants, (real plants not FS) plants die. You can't feed yor pet, pet run away or die. You can't support your family, family kick you aside (well, alot do that. Not ALL. I don't want another thread start on this).

So, you don't/can't tip or gift, you got deleted. Fair, right?

Unregistered
02-09-11, 08:59 PM
Yep, it's true; your Star Rating is only updated when you connect to play the game and your neighbors only see the last updated rating. This means that if you plan to go on a long vacation, you could in theory tip/water/clean/tend till you hit four (actually you need to go quite a bit beyond four) and then not touch your game for months and your neighbors will keep thinking that you are religiously visiting the community.

I know this is currently true for FS and CS as I have an old iTouch with an experimental Farm and City that had maintained a 4 rating for months even though I had not logged-in in just as long; I recently logged-in and the rating immediately dropped to zero. I saw the same on RS, BS and TS but only for a shorter 5-day period so I can't confirm if it's still an issue.

The easiest way to tell if a neighbor has quit a game is to lookout for telltale signs such as:

Continually Empty appliances
Appliances continually filled with rotting food with or without unhappy customers
Tables that stay completely tipped for extended periods regardless of the time of day you visit them
Continually empty farms
Farms with dead crops that don't go away
Farms with trees/flowers that stay watered like the restaurants/bakeries stay tipped in (3)
Cities with expired contracts that are never cleared
Cities that never seem to have contracts
Cities that stay cleaned like the restaurants/bakeries stay tipped in (3)

The problem with (3), (6) and (9) above is that there is a built in routine that clears off all the tips/waters/cleans after several days, (it used to be 14), and this gives neighbors the mistaken impression that the player had returned.

On the other hand if a neighbor has a zero rating and you notice that he/she has serving counters with gift-food served, then do not hesitate to ****-off that neighbor from your list as it quite clearly shows that he/she is a blood-sucking leech ... it barely takes the tipping/watering/cleaning of one neighbor to push your rating up to one.

Yep, it's true; your Star Rating is only updated when you connect to play the game and your neighbors only see the last updated rating

There you have it.

Unregistered
02-10-11, 12:55 AM
You're sad! I'll pray for you.

Oh please. Instead of lounging around your section 8 housing that taxpayers are subsidizing and spawning the next generation of public assistance leeches take some time to reciprocate the work that someone else has put in on your behalf.

On the rare occasion that you do gift you probably give french toast. I hate those incapable of simple math.

If you are 0 star and continue wrongly accepting tips and gifts without doing anything in return, please do everyone a favor and remove yourself from the friends' lists of those that form the pillars of society without which we would all be living in conditions worse than those in Oakland, California.

Norman, keep up the good work, I know you're busy. Why censor the truth?

Unregistered
02-10-11, 11:32 PM
You're sad! I'll pray for you.

My thoughts exactly when I saw those posts.

Unregistered
02-11-11, 09:34 AM
4 star player here and I have many one star and zero star neighbors. I could careless if they tip or not. It's just a game people. If your feelings are hurt over that or you feel rejected than you need to seek professional help.

Also give from your heart and expect nothing in return. That is how I live my life.

Lastly, don't sweat the small stuff and in the grand scheme of things this game is the "small stuff."

Unregistered
02-11-11, 01:19 PM

If you have that many neighbors you really can't tell who is and who is not gifting you. Obviously you will see the first 20 neighbors that do gift on that day but the rest of your neighbors could be trying to send you gifts as well but you've reached the max allowed for the day. So you aren't gifting your other neighbors because they weren't one of the early birds to get gifts sent out right away?

Unregistered
02-12-11, 12:50 AM
I use to spend 20 minutes every night tipping 70 nbrs. I always posted on their wall to let them know I was there. I noticed some of my neighbors would collect their tips but not tip back in return. My thing was if you have time to collect tips, you have time to return the favor. I check my news feed and wall so I made a system to keep up with who tipped back. After a week of tipping everyone on my list, I started deleting those who didn't tip in that week. I am now down to 40 friends and it is so much easier to manage. I have friends that don't tip everyday but do tip sometimes. I had one nbr with tons and tons of tables that stayed half full of tips, but he NEVER tipped me back. That is unacceptable I believe. I understand some people can't devote alot of time. I believe if you are limited to time spent, you should limit yourself to fewer nbrs. This way what time you are online you can tip and not be overwhelmed. Happy gaming!

Unregistered
02-12-11, 06:11 AM

To be honest I gift neighbors a lot (but can't tip cuz I got 700) and I really don't care!!! So wat if they don't tip or gift??? I'm sure they're still sweet and nice all the same!!! The point of the gifts and tips is so that u can HELP them and NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN. so wat if they're level 70 at a level like that they must have a lotta friends and know how 2 treat them well and I have some friends that don't HAVE TIME 2 return the favor at that point. So just focus on helping 4 the fun of it!!!

Unregistered
02-12-11, 07:49 AM
I play the game constantly.. everyday. I used to be a 4 star person. But tipping unfortunately takes too much time specially when you have more than 500 neighbours.. i feel bad that people are tipping me and i don't tip back so i just dont pick up my tips.. they've been there for months now. i've also put a note on my wall saying i no longer tip because it takes too much time.. so if people want to delete me for it? then go ahead. but just because youre at zero stars doesn;t mean the person isnt playing.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 07:46 AM
How rude! Why would ANYONE want 2 be neighbors with someone like THEM (unless of course, u R one of them) ???!!! If they treat u like trash just cuz u got a 0, 1, or even 2 star rating, then just 4get about them and find some REAL neighbors that don't care about ur star rating! If they say they don't deserve neighbors with 0-2 star rating, then they don't deserve ANY AT ALL!!!

Unregistered
02-13-11, 07:31 PM
Well, isn't not tipping back is much more rude then the condition you mention????? Is just like receiving gift and not saying thank you.

BTW, I have nothing against those that don't gift, as max gift is only 20, can't really tell who gifts and who doesn't. I have problem with those who don't tip back. Like a poster above said, if they have time to collect tip, then why don't they have time to tip back?

Usually, I will give these nbrs 7 days notice, visited them, tipped and left a note for 7 days continuously. No reaction, then, into the deleting list they go.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 08:16 PM
I'm on jury duty. We aren't allowed cell phones or computers. Mybratings are Zerosmand ones
It's hard to tip on weekdays. In am I do just have time to gift. I thought my neighbors would appreciate at least gifts. Guess I'm wrong. On weekends I don't have hours to just play
Rs is hard to get a good rating. I also had a periodmon vacation and forgot tom check in so I had rotten food. I think people should understand and not delete lower raters. I also oboe tip those who post. And my real friends

Unregistered
02-14-11, 04:49 AM
I sit every other evening and tip all my neighbours also on Bakery and Farm and I send gifts every day, yesterday I deleted those who never tip/gift back but clear the tables of all the tips left for them.
I also noticed alot of people have crammed tables into their Restaurant with no way of having them open for buisness (as no room is left to open the door) to get max tips I deleted them as well.

Unregistered
02-14-11, 05:57 AM
This is my favourite thread on this message board.

Tonight when I get home from work, I'm going to go in and delete ALL OF THE FOUR STAR PEOPLE on my neighbour list. And then from now on, I am ONLY tipping people under level 15 with zero stars. They'd probably appreciate the 120 gold much more than any of the people who are saying they delete neighbors because they don't make enough EFFORT TO PLAY A VIDEO GAME.

Oh, and I'm not going to leave a tip for anyone who sets up 2349823564 extra tables just to get tips, I'm only leaving tips for people who design their restaurant to look like an actual restaurant.

This seems like a reasonable counter to the nitwits that expect people to play these games 24/7

Unregistered
02-15-11, 07:58 AM
This is my favourite thread on this message board.

Tonight when I get home from work, I'm going to go in and delete ALL OF THE FOUR STAR PEOPLE on my neighbour list. And then from now on, I am ONLY tipping people under level 15 with zero stars. They'd probably appreciate the 120 gold much more than any of the people who are saying they delete neighbors because they don't make enough EFFORT TO PLAY A VIDEO GAME.

24/7

Great!! I bet all your 4 stars nbrs will thanks you for it... Or maybe they will not even notice that you disappeared from their nbr list. Lol

Unregistered
02-15-11, 01:50 PM
i play all the story games, and i have quite a few neighbors with 0 rating that tip me and send gifts almost daily, But I also have lots of 4star neighbors who never send gidts or tip, they seem to just want to be neighbors because they know you will send gifts, So it's really a mixed bag od nuts out there, you just have to make judgement calls onhow much time and effortnyou are willing to expend on the games, and try to pick good neighbors and weed out the bad ones. Some of my Zero star neighbors are the best, how that is possible , I dont know?

Unregistered
02-15-11, 03:05 PM
i play all the story games, and i have quite a few neighbors with 0 rating that tip me and send gifts almost daily, But I also have lots of 4star neighbors who never send gidts or tip, they seem to just want to be neighbors because they know you will send gifts, So it's really a mixed bag od nuts out there, you just have to make judgement calls onhow much time and effortnyou are willing to expend on the games, and try to pick good neighbors and weed out the bad ones. Some of my Zero star neighbors are the best, how that is possible , I dont know?

Not possible.... You only need to tip 1 person to get a 1 star rating. So if they tipped you daily then they cant be a 0 star.

Rockinkitten
04-14-11, 02:05 AM
I don't delete them, but when I have little tipping time I do go for the 3 and 4 star people.

But my 7 year old daughter plays too on my old iPhone and she has 0 or 1 star just because she is not very good at it yet. She is a bit clumsy and she is trying really hard! It wold be sad if someone deleted her for that. You just never know why people have no stars! But I guess if you notice someone always has 0 stars and never tips or gifts you then you can safely believe they either don't care or are not playing anymore!

kats17
04-14-11, 07:27 AM
I go down my list and go tip the 0 star people, if they have rotten or no food on their appliances, I delete them.
Usually I go from 4 stars down to 3 and 4/5ths in 8 hours.
It's fairly easy to get to 2 stars, so 0 and 1 star people usually are too lazy to tip or have quit the game.

I do the same i always make a point to tip all starting with the 3 and 4 stars and work my way down when i notice tips dont get cleared and food is getting used up and spoiled then eventually theres just nothing i delete that neighbor and when it comes to the gifts of french toast and brownies just ignore them alot of times ppl just look at how many there is and not the profit from others

cobee
04-16-11, 05:10 PM
I have a lot of 0 star friends that gift stew and cappuccinos so I keep them. They don't tip me and I don't bother tippig them, but I figure max tips are 120 coins/ day but max gifts are 500-750 coins/day so they're still useful.

I only delete when I see that they've had rotten/ no food for a very long time.

linda_xxx
04-16-11, 06:42 PM
I'm level 30+ but when I first started playing I didn't know about tipping - I only discovered it when some coins showed up on one of my tables, and i had to investigate to see what that was! Same thing happened the first time I received a gift. Then I got involved in more of the social stuff.

But I have a full-time job and don't have time to "keep track" of who is or isn't reciprocating. Sometimes all I have time to do is put new stuff on the stoves and leave. Other times I'll just go randomly tip anyone. Most of the time when I send gifts though, I am notified that many of my "neighbors" have already accepted the limit of 20 for the day (I mostly play at night).

And as far as complaining about the "type" of gift you get? Does that really matter - will Stew get you more points than Brownies? I thought all that mattered was number of plates; the more you have then the longer it will last while something else cooks.

Same here, I gift everyday but don't have time to tip everyone everyday. I try to at least twice a week, but I have a life outside of my iPhone :)

DaniBelleDesign
04-26-11, 07:09 AM
The way I see it, if your neighbour doesnt want you then thats their choice, respect it and MOVE ON.
Personally I dont tip anyone with less than three stars, I mean if their not bothered then why should I.
If I want 3&4* neighbours so what? If someones not to bothered about tipping and just want gifts then they won't have to look very far to find people in a similar mindset to add as their neighbours. I have it written on my wall that I delete 0,1&2star rated so if they add me they cant claim to be too shocked when I delete them after a few days of not bothering.

I just had a level 90 who has been my neighbour for three months delete me because I'm only at level 58... so everyone has their wants and needs. maybe there should be a thread for that, I mean I know theres already one for four star neighbour ID's.

Rachael98
04-26-11, 09:14 AM

I think people's ratings can occasionally slip. I would only delete them if they were inactive despite my daily tips without any stars for a few weeks. I think that seems fair. I also give 1 weeks notice, so if they are on and they want me to remain a neighbour then they can ask.

sophiacml
04-26-11, 09:46 AM
I removed all 3 stars below & I remember those who tip & send gifts to me. Gifts side, I can understand but the tipping just no way to consider unless they inform earlier that out of the game for certain period. I do the same thing to my neighbors & lucky I have pretty good neighbors that return the same favors to me. I agree with the move on thing. Once deleted, move on. There are so many gamers who really take for granted keep wanting the gifts & tips but no favor being returned.

I have a neighbor who is playing on a few stories together with me & she is out of town recently for 2 weeks as she informed. I posted on her wall to let me know when she is back. Since is pointless to tip & send her gifts anymore after all, is all full. I ain't deleting her unless after a month for grace period.
The way I see it, if your neighbour doesnt want you then thats their choice, respect it and MOVE ON.
Personally I dont tip anyone with less than three stars, I mean if their not bothered then why should I.
If I want 3&4* neighbours so what? If someones not to bothered about tipping and just want gifts then they won't have to look very far to find people in a similar mindset to add as their neighbours. I have it written on my wall that I delete 0,1&2star rated so if they add me they cant claim to be too shocked when I delete them after a few days of not bothering.

I just had a level 90 who has been my neighbour for three months delete me because I'm only at level 58... so everyone has their wants and needs. maybe there should be a thread for that, I mean I know theres already one for four star neighbour ID's.

sehana
04-26-11, 10:12 AM
i accept new requests no matter the rating as there are new players and need neighbors to tip and gift. Every 2-3 weeks, I start deleting 0 stars as the neighbor list adds up. It's easy to get a 1 star rating so it shouldn't be a problem to get in 2 weeks time. I thought 2-3 weeks is fair enough to get your rating back up to at least a 1.

I try to stay at 2-3 stars myself, but it's really hard as I play all games, but I also have a family to take care of and school. Then this summer we'll be taking a 2 week vacation so hopefully neighbors don't get 'removal happy' :D. But it's ok if they do delete me as there are always more players and I can just add new people from the growing add me forms that were created. :)

I wish there was a way to make a sticky on your own wall to post notices up. Or have a message show up when u visit their farm, bakery, restaurant, etc. to notify players of any messages.

xokay
04-26-11, 11:44 AM
I don't have enough time in a day to tip all of my neighbors in all story games. I simply have WAY too many. I always gift though, and personally, unless you're just starting off in a game, I feel like gifts are more beneficial anyway. I find it kind of ridiculous that people get so rattled about not being tipped/toured/cleaned etc, when it's just impossible to manage time that way, especially if you play all of the Story games. I consider myself to be a good neighbor. Like I said, I gift every day, and tip occasionally. I've also noticed that sometimes I'll tip, go to my game, return to the same one I tipped and have it say I didn't leave anything. That really discourages me from tipping people since the majority of the time it doesn't work anyway!

Seedsaver
05-10-11, 08:19 PM
:p
Well, isn't not tipping back is much more rude then the condition you mention????? Is just like receiving gift and not saying thank you.

BTW, I have nothing against those that don't gift, as max gift is only 20, can't really tell who gifts and who doesn't. I have problem with those who don't tip back. Like a poster above said, if they have time to collect tip, then why don't they have time to tip back?

Usually, I will give these nbrs 7 days notice, visited them, tipped and left a note for 7 days continuously. No reaction, then, into the deleting list they go.

Evening folks, first time posting so please forgive if i mess up. On the subject of gifts, and especially if you have more than 20 neighbors, keep in mind you don't have to "accept" a gift. Knowing your many other neighbors will be trying to send you a gift is more reason to "Decline" a few. That's how i know each & every neighbor who gifts, and rarely will my neighbors receive that "max gift" message.

Thanks for listening--take care!

And yes, i do occasionally delete folk but based on behavior, or lack of, not by rating.

TrinityInfinity
05-11-11, 01:06 AM
As long as you gift every day, I really don't care. I just browse once a week to see if you've quit. If you have 0 stars, but food on your appliances, I know you're still active. If there's no food on the stove/ the food is spoiled, I check their wall. If it seems you've quit, I delete you.

epiphany
05-11-11, 03:16 AM
I wish there was a way to make a sticky on your own wall to post notices up. Or have a message show up when u visit their farm, bakery, restaurant, etc. to notify players of any messages.

easiest way to do that sort of thing is to lay out a message in dogbowls etc on your gameboard spelling out that your on holiday etc.

flowless
05-11-11, 04:44 AM
As long as you gift every day, I really don't care. I just browse once a week to see if you've quit. If you have 0 stars, but food on your appliances, I know you're still active. If there's no food on the stove/ the food is spoiled, I check their wall. If it seems you've quit, I delete you.

i completely agree with u

but i can see how this is important to new players
cuz tipping money is really useful when u start

but as u advance gifts becomes more useful

TrinityInfinity
05-11-11, 04:19 PM
I feel you, but it's not that important to me and I'm a FOUR STAR!

What's funny is I spend a lot of time tipping random places in the Community, I only tip one recent friend regularly. None of my other friends do it either. It's weird to see people who feel this strongly about it...it's kind of sad.

redbites
05-11-11, 04:26 PM
TrinityInfinity It doesn't really matter if it's important to you

driftboutique
05-11-11, 04:56 PM
TrinityInfinity It doesn't really matter if it's important to you

Why not? Seems like all opinions should be equally valid here.

dracuella2
05-11-11, 10:14 PM
All opinions, as long as they are well expressed and do not come from ignorance should be respected! As for my opinion on this post, I have followed this for a while, my opinion is this: I am a grown adult with 2 jobs, school, a divorce, and single parenting my children to worry about. I play this GAME daily and frequently. I play ALL the story games as much as possible. They truly are a great distraction, and my current favorite, from my daily life. My sister also plays daily. I work for my money, support myself and my kids, and I am not on welfare. Due to the fact that I play all of the games, and I like all of them, I have many many neighbors. It is literally impossible for me to tip/clean/like/tour them all. This would take up most of my day, and I do happen to have 2 jobs! I gift daily to all my neighbors regardless of whether or not I have received one from them. My neighbors tip me occasionally and I am thankful for that. I accept all neighbor requests and, as I said, I gift daily. I do try to send the "best" gift, but since I like variety, I will send something random like the valentines cupcakes also. I like to mix it up! I accept every gift sent to me and have never refused one. I figure, in real life you can't pick your gift, so why be so picky for a GAME! As I said, I tip occasionally. My rating is usually zero. My neighbors are ok with that. Sometimes grown adults with lives of their own don't have time to tip every single neighbor or keep up their ratings for fear of being deleted. This is a game, not my life! So, any grown adults out there like me who don't have time to tip but do try to be neighborly and gift, even if it isn't daily, feel free to add dracuella2 to all story games! If you're 12 and have no life outside of this game and expect everyone else to have the same addiction as you do, feel free to drop me from your neighbor list! To EVERYONE both in the games and in the forum, you are ALL welcome to play respectfully with me, and I hope you all have a great day and happy gaming!! : )

TrinityInfinity
05-12-11, 08:20 PM
Butthurt? :)

TrinityInfinity
05-12-11, 08:22 PM
And yeah, I agree, people have lives. If you take tipping THAT seriously, you just have too much time in the day. Period.

bocado
05-13-11, 01:45 PM
No not fair. You are only able to receive 20 gifts, so the first 20 gifters are just that. It is hard to say who else did or didn't gift you. Tipping, well that is a bit more measureable. They can post on your wall and be seen, or if they are lucky you can find them on the News Feed (News Feed only keeps the 10 last tippers). So, not gifting everyone is not fair.

bocado
05-13-11, 01:57 PM
Smart! I will do that when I go on vacation. :)

mzmollypoo
05-14-11, 01:17 AM
I send gifts everyday. Even have on my wall, i prefer not to be tipped but i send gifts daily...I mean I dont have the time to send 6x to each and everyone of my neighbors. Untill they get a send all tip button then i refuse to do it. i am on level 36, and as you alk know after awhile the game gets boring and visiting everyones restaurant gets to be tedius. Before i stopped tipping i wuld just leave coins on my table so it wuld stay full to avoid anyone tipping me so i didnt have to tip back so much. Im sorry but i dnt think u shuld even just folks on their stars..it doesnt mean they arent tipping, its just sumtimes it becomes way too much. I think they shuld add a tip all button at least...I just dont understand the fun of going to every single neighbor to tip and post "tipped u" 100x a day. Something else needs to happen.

bawpotter
05-14-11, 03:35 AM
I completly agreee. I have about 25 Neighbors, and I tend to tip all of them in a day. I always gift, and most of my neighbors gift also. Once I get more neighbors though, the tipping will become a lot harder. I just don't have that time in a day!

janisz
05-14-11, 03:02 PM
All opinions, as long as they are well expressed and do not come from ignorance should be respected! As for my opinion on this post, I have followed this for a while, my opinion is this: I am a grown adult with 2 jobs, school, a divorce, and single parenting my children to worry about. I play this GAME daily and frequently. I play ALL the story games as much as possible. They truly are a great distraction, and my current favorite, from my daily life. My sister also plays daily. I work for my money, support myself and my kids, and I am not on welfare. Due to the fact that I play all of the games, and I like all of them, I have many many neighbors. It is literally impossible for me to tip/clean/like/tour them all. This would take up most of my day, and I do happen to have 2 jobs! I gift daily to all my neighbors regardless of whether or not I have received one from them. My neighbors tip me occasionally and I am thankful for that. I accept all neighbor requests and, as I said, I gift daily. I do try to send the "best" gift, but since I like variety, I will send something random like the valentines cupcakes also. I like to mix it up! I accept every gift sent to me and have never refused one. I figure, in real life you can't pick your gift, so why be so picky for a GAME! As I said, I tip occasionally. My rating is usually zero. My neighbors are ok with that. Sometimes grown adults with lives of their own don't have time to tip every single neighbor or keep up their ratings for fear of being deleted. This is a game, not my life! So, any grown adults out there like me who don't have time to tip but do try to be neighborly and gift, even if it isn't daily, feel free to add dracuella2 to all story games! If you're 12 and have no life outside of this game and expect everyone else to have the same addiction as you do, feel free to drop me from your neighbor list! To EVERYONE both in the games and in the forum, you are ALL welcome to play respectfully with me, and I hope you all have a great day and happy gaming!! : )

I completly agree with you! I'm a working mom with a husband, a toddler and a house to look after! I enjoy and play all teamlava games but my life is more important!
Will definitely add you!

xokay
05-14-11, 04:06 PM
Not to mention that tipping becomes completely irrelevant when you reach higher levels. I understand when you're first starting out, but at level 84 on City Story with 10 million coins, as an example, receiving tips is kind of pointless. This is why I don't expect people to tip me. Gifts are great and I give them every day, but tipping isn't really worth the time.

dracuella2
05-14-11, 09:39 PM
I completly agree with you! I'm a working mom with a husband, a toddler and a house to look after! I enjoy and play all teamlava games but my life is more important!
Will definitely add you!

Thank you so much! I have accepted your add requests as I got them and am soo glad you get it! I had a little time tonight so I did try to tip your bakery and restaurant, but you were full in both. Not sure when I will get time again, but I wont drop you for not tipping me!! Ha ha! Glad you are my neighbor! Happy gaming! And hugs to the toddler! : )

janisz
05-15-11, 03:36 AM
Thank you so much! I have accepted your add requests as I got them and am soo glad you get it! I had a little time tonight so I did try to tip your bakery and restaurant, but you were full in both. Not sure when I will get time again, but I wont drop you for not tipping me!! Ha ha! Glad you are my neighbor! Happy gaming! And hugs to the toddler! : )

Thanx! Of course I get you! But usually I keep my tables full so I don't feel so guilty for not tipping back... If it's full people cannot tip thus no debts for me

flowless
05-15-11, 05:27 AM
Thanx! Of course I get you! But usually I keep my tables full so I don't feel so guilty for not tipping back... If it's full people cannot tip thus no debts for me

can i add both of u
cuz i do the same keep my tables full and gift only
from time to time i clear and tip those who tipped me

Allafat
05-15-11, 12:36 PM
I feel you, but it's not that important to me and I'm a FOUR STAR!

What's funny is I spend a lot of time tipping random places in the Community, I only tip one recent friend regularly. None of my other friends do it either. It's weird to see people who feel this strongly about it...it's kind of sad.

I agree, after reading through this debate I just keep thinking who cares? Tip if you want, gift if you want, delete neighbors or add them, whatever. Play however you want. I never delete neighbors for any reason and I accept any invites sent. But again thats just me and how I like to play. I'm not offended by the way other people play, as long as they aren't leaving nasty messages on my wall. Know why? ITS JUST A GAME!!! Lol

GirlyGirlGlz
05-17-11, 06:49 PM

This is exactly what I do! I had one neighbor who was nice enough to leave a message on their wall saying they quit. Star ratings or tipping doesn't matter to me, but it drives me nuts to see the same rotting food for days when I go through my daily tipping. I don't know why...guess I'll have to ask the doc why if it gets worse. LOL!

I mean yeah my food rots from time to time, but that's only cause I don't get those **** notifications like I should and it tends to be on my busy days that it happens. That's probably another topic, though, huh?

novy24
05-29-11, 09:42 PM
if you want a happy medium, I have over 20 neighbors, so that means even if they all try to send a gift, only 20 will be available to me. you also need neighbors for the larger expansions. One post said 30 was needed for the max expansion. So i kept track for over a week of who sent gifts and who I saw tipping. since message wall has limited posts, I gave benefit of the doubt to anyone who I saw had tipped at least once during this time since they may have tipped more but I never saw message on it. those who didn't gift or tip for the entire time I kept track were the ones I chose to delete. the ones I kept I split into two lists, Ones who gift, and ones who gift and tip. I gift all my neighbors I can, but only take time to tip the ones who tipped me during this time. If my star rating still needs tips, I go to the community and tip from there. I also return tip community players who have visited me and tipped. It takes a few minutes to get my rating from 3 to 4 each evening when I wake up. If you are a player who has connection issues, going out of town, Or are just a casual player, then you can always try leaving a message on these forums.

xcellent
05-31-11, 06:14 AM
If you have that many neighbors you really can't tell who is and who is not gifting you. Obviously you will see the first 20 neighbors that do gift on that day but the rest of your neighbors could be trying to send you gifts as well but you've reached the max allowed for the day. So you aren't gifting your other neighbors because they weren't one of the early birds to get gifts sent out right away?

Due to my recent operation i was away for almost a month in all the stories.i asked my brother to fill up my games for a week then went hiatus. But b4 i took my rest i inform my nbrs and friends about it. Luckily most of them keep me and gifted me daily. U will see a notice of "20 news" in the bottom left corner above menu,but once u click it,u will received all the gifts that was supposed to be in the "past" or "exceeded max amount of gift". I tried it today in bakery, and noticed that i clicked more than 20 gifts. So i went to my restaurant and started counting frm the latest to oldest- and voila!- i got 195 gifts total for 3 weeks. :-)

xcellent
05-31-11, 06:20 AM
Oh and by the way i only have 25 nbrs :-). I dont keep 0 star players since i am trying to keep mine up. But i give chance to 1 and 2 stars. And wait for 2 weeks if those 0 stars shows up or not. And if u really are a good nbr, try to inform ur fellow nbrs on why u cant keep ur star rating so they will understand. I dont mind to keep 0 stars if there is really a good reason to it. ;-)

saintlover
05-31-11, 08:45 AM
I gift, tip and comment everyone (almost) every single day in 3 games. I can easily manage 70 neighbors (per game) but when the numbers get higher than that it becomes more taxing and harder to manage. I have a core group of daily returners that I really appreciate!!!! But when my numbers start to climb I have to purge them. I use will delete zeros if I haven't seen they are on vacation or sick or what not. Honestly, If Im going to make the effort my neighbors should too. And obtaining a 1 isn't that difficult. Im sure that sounds quite snotty, but if Im making the effort I want some semblance of effort in return. Unfortunately i have deleted a few good players but since I comment daily they can find me again from their walls and ask to be re-added or at least ask why. (Ive had that happen several times) Its not perfect but that's how i play. We all play the game a little differently and that's the beauty of it - different strokes for different folks!

wander1ust
06-11-11, 12:06 AM
I gift everyday but my schedule just doesn't allow me to go through all of my friends to tip. It's extremely time consuming! I'm sympathetic to those who do not tip back as my 12 hour days leave very little time for me to sit there for 20 minutes to tip. While I'd like to do it and like getting tipped back, as long as someone is active (food on oven or gifting back) they will always remain on my friend list.

jonvee
06-12-11, 12:24 AM
@ NicePlayer-I concur! Well said! @ Maxx-There are no brownies in Restaurant Story, the brownies are in Bakery Story lol. I think you got your games mixed up. In Bakery Story I do give brownies because it yields the most plates. I give stew in Restaurant Story because it has the highest XP/experience of 254. I didn't know you get coins from gifts received. Is this true? I have never noticed a coin number increase after receiving food gifts. Also I don't have time checking people's star level lol. I have too many neighbors for that. I'm not going to be the Restaurant Story Police. It's not that serious. If someone becomes too busy to tip, it's fine by me because I have enough neighbors that do. Also considering most people do have a life, I'm not going to penalize them if they fail to tip. I'm actually gonna be off-line soon because I'm moving, hopefully my neighbors won't drop me. Ha ha.

xSnowyOwlx
06-12-11, 12:35 AM
Here's what I'm doing: I am well aware that some of my neighbors are not playing this game anymore.
In Fashion Story I have 149 neighbors. Can you imagine how long that takes me to be a good neighbor? I spent an hour just doing people with star ratings 1 and above and I have about half that are 0. I understand some are away from the game for a while which is why I'm doing this:
I've created a spreadsheet listing my neighbors, the ratings AND levels they are at when I started the spreadsheet (or when they became my neighbor if they are new). Then I have another 2 columns to keep track of the change or lack of change in their ratings and level of gameplay. Then I've set out to keep track of who gifts me and who likes my items and on June 18th I will go over it and if anybody has stayed at 0 rating with no change in the level of their game play and has not sent any gift or liked any items in my boutique I will write on their wall and ask them if they are still playing and alerting them if I do not receive a response within 24 hours I will remove them from my neighbor list. I have one neighbor that has been a neighbor for at least a week and they are still level 4 so I doubt they are still playing.
My other Story games probably also have neighbors that don't play anymore but I don't have as many as Fashion Story.

MaineItalian
06-13-11, 03:16 AM
I tip and gift everyday.... But it's okay even if a zero star player is not tipping me at least that person gifts me it's okay if it's like that...I delete neighbors every Friday... I check through if there is anyone who has gone inactive for a very long time then I will delete them no matter what their star rating is...