PDA

View Full Version : Album Reduction?

SANDSCApe
09-15-14, 03:55 PM
Congratulations to all those who have completed their albums or are close. I'm SO far from completion that I don't think I have a snowball's chance in hell of catching up.

In fact, I might just go in the opposite direction: ALBUM REDUCTION! I'm considering removing the 9 Common types that don't belong to the Dark or Electric families. Just wondering why I should dump all these Thundehawks and their earnings. I may even start removing certain Rares, although I only have a few.

If I were to adopt a policy of dumping the lowest earners and weakest fighters as I'm running out of space, Album Reduction would be the natural result.

I dunno. Is this crazy thinking?

Petasos
09-15-14, 04:34 PM
It is your game collect what you want. But to be honest I stop by your place a couple times a week, you never try for anything but ultra rares. So why not just stay with that? You seem pretty good at it.

One thing though, TL will start to remove animals after a few more months, just like DS. When that happens you can never get them again, common or not. They will also raise the level cap and habitat limit. So it is not like you can't have them all. Unless you just do not want them.

SANDSCApe
09-15-14, 07:10 PM
It is your game collect what you want. But to be honest I stop by your place a couple times a week, you never try for anything but ultra rares. So why not just stay with that? You seem pretty good at it.

One thing though, TL will start to remove animals after a few more months, just like DS. When that happens you can never get them again, common or not. They will also raise the level cap and habitat limit. So it is not like you can't have them all. Unless you just do not want them.

LOL. I only try for ultra-rares? I bred the first few Thunderhawks using Emerald-Leopard for sport, it's true. But trust me when I say that Emerald-Glider, Thunderhawk-Armordillo and Thunderhawk-Rainguin are aimed at far more than just a 2nd Unicorn.

Yes, I've seen more dragons retired in Dragon Story than I can ever recall. But never a Common. Ever.
So as I'm looking at the Pony, Ferret & Armordillo in that Big Fire Field, I'm kinda thinking they will always be around if I ever get the rest of these critters. I thought it, but still couldn't bring myself to give them the boot... Yet.

I really want to hold out for a habitat increase. I'm hoping the development of the Electric families will bring that, but I can't count on it. Even if they roll out a Common, Rare and Super of Electric combined with every other element, the new total of 58 animals could still all be housed in 31 habitats. So we can't absolutely count on a habitat increase very soon.

TL can be stubbornly stingy at times. It's been more than a year since Dragon Story has allowed enough habitats to house all their dragons. The habitat cap there is now 99, but they released the 300th dragon months ago, and dozens more since then. Players have a bunch of homeless dragons in stables, eggs in storage, even eggs on extra nests.

Anyuszko
09-16-14, 12:37 AM
Sand, my advice is to level your commons to 10 (unique ones, not duplicates). They will earn more than a lvl 4-5 thunderhawk.

Also, for the habitat increase: if you expand to everywhere, and clean obstacles, you will be enough places to upgrade all ur habitats to big ones, i counted out. (Now i am working on it) this way you can House 93 animals. Pretty much things to do before any habitat increase.

cquinn32
09-16-14, 07:09 AM
I too have had that same thought more than once while playing DS but could just never bring myself to do it lol. I quit playing DS due to space issues and I'm sure TL will do the same thing with this game (release more animals than our islands can hold) so it may be necessary at a later date!

SANDSCApe
09-17-14, 12:31 AM
Well blow me down! 10 more habitats added to the max. Yay! I can keep my slackers. Now if I can only manage to expand fast enough to keep up with the Thunderhawks! (Gosh - No matter what 4 elements I breed with, as long as Electric and Nature are in the mix, the other 2 are disregarded and out pops another Hawkling.)
Hah! I'm now squeezing in little Nature Preserves wherever I can fit them. Let those Thunderhawks spread across the land. Fly, my little pretties, fly, fly!