PDA

View Full Version : Question (about the shop)

truegodz
09-14-14, 01:08 PM
Hey community,

I am new to this game so first at all:Hi.
I have a question and maybe u can give me an answer.
So my question: What does the advertise button mean (that costs 10 crystals) when i sell an item?
Does it change anything if i sell it this way or just normal?
I notice it sells faster when i pay the 10 crystals..

Thanks & greetz. :)

dragon2046
09-14-14, 01:54 PM
The 10 gems is to promote the item, which means it will be advertised in the news stand to all farm story players. Otherwise the item is listed in your farm stand and is only advertised to your neighbors. So it will go quicker if u promote it but I never do that just make neighbors they will buy it from u. I think u get like two promotions a day for free others costs the gems. Hope this helps. U can add me as a neighbor if u would like. Storm ID. dragon2046 My farm name is Tybug Enjoy the game.

olcastle
09-14-14, 02:00 PM
It was never revealed what's exactly Promote button does but it helps you to sell the item faster.
I believe it offers your item to more people in the Newspaper.
You don't have to pay gems for promoting, just wait until it's free.

olcastle
09-14-14, 02:06 PM
The 10 gems is to promote the item, which means it will be advertised in the news stand to all farm story players. Otherwise the item is listed in your farm stand and is only advertised to your neighbors.

Where did you get this info? It's simply not true.

bss18974
09-14-14, 03:13 PM
The 10 gems is to promote the item, which means it will be advertised in the news stand to all farm story players. Otherwise the item is listed in your farm stand and is only advertised to your neighbors. So it will go quicker if u promote it but I never do that just make neighbors they will buy it from u. I think u get like two promotions a day for free others costs the gems. Hope this helps. U can add me as a neighbor if u would like. Storm ID. dragon2046 My farm name is Tybug Enjoy the game.

I also don't think the quote above is true. I'm really not sure how the items that are in my newspaper are chosen, but I noticed the following:

1) when I look at items for sale, the names of the sellers are not any of my neighbors.

2) the names of the people selling items are familiar to me... What I mean is that many of the names are names I've seen quite often in the newspaper.

3) it seems like there are subsets of farm story players and from these sets items are picked for the newspaper.

I've bought many items in the newspaper and invited them to be my neighbor. Those that accept do not appear in my newspaper again or not that I noticed.

I've been playing this game quite a while (over a year I think) and I'm at level 60 and only 993 million xp away from level 61 ( which I've been led to believe does not really exist)

I have almost unlimited coins (around 14.5 million) and gaining about 60,000 daily.

olcastle
09-14-14, 03:29 PM
bss, sometimes I see neighbors in my newspaper.
I guess it's random.

dragon2046
09-14-14, 03:38 PM
Sorry. Thanks for clarifying. Clearly u all are way better at this than me. :).

kooky panda
09-14-14, 06:52 PM
When you list anything it will appear in the newspaper. If you promote an item, that means that it is guaranteed to sell.
I usually use it for items that I have trouble selling. I max out to 10 and post the highest price.

olcastle
09-14-14, 07:05 PM
When you list anything it will appear in the newspaper. If you promote an item, that means that it is guaranteed to sell.

Everything is guaranteed to sell not just promoted items.

truegodz
09-15-14, 01:36 AM
Okay thank you guys!

yppahc
09-15-14, 09:52 AM
I've been playing this game quite a while (over a year I think) and I'm at level 60 and only 993 million xp away from level 61 ( which I've been led to believe does not really exist)

I have almost unlimited coins (around 14.5 million) and gaining about 60,000 daily.

WOW!!! I had to look! (my farm is HoughHole)

kooky panda
09-15-14, 10:47 AM
I usually use it for items that I have trouble selling. I max out to 10 and post the highest price.

Everything is guaranteed to sell not just promoted items.
Sorry I meant to say :
When you *DO* promote, it guarantees that your item will be sold within a certain amount of time.

olcastle
09-15-14, 11:15 AM
Sorry I meant to say :
When you *DO* promote, it guarantees that your item will be sold within a certain amount of time.

I guess it means that the game buys out it as outdated seasonal items...