PDA

View Full Version : Shock Fox & Thunder Mammoth

SANDSCApe
09-12-14, 11:47 AM
The Electric-Earth hybrids are here!

Shock Fox (common) and Thunder Mammoth (rare) are today's new arrivals.

edit (KP) Shock fox 12 hours
Thunder Mammoth- 18 Hours

zenobia42
09-12-14, 12:09 PM
The Electric-Earth hybrids are here!

Shock Fox (common) and Thunder Mammoth (rare) are today's new arrivals.

... and you and I were right: common and rare electric-earths.

I have to say, the babies at last are adorable!

zenobia42
09-12-14, 12:12 PM
One of them (don't know which yet) has an 18 hour breed time.

knj00
09-12-14, 12:37 PM
One of them (don't know which yet) has an 18 hour breed time.

That would be Thunder Mammoth, Shock Fox is 12hrs.

zenobia42
09-12-14, 01:30 PM
That would be Thunder Mammoth, Shock Fox is 12hrs.

yayyyyyyyy I have the rare! And thanks for the info. :)

cquinn32
09-12-14, 01:55 PM
Another animal with the word "thunder"??? C'mon TL you have endless possibilities here!!

my607
09-12-14, 02:20 PM
Anyone have a picture of the mammoth or fox?

Drachenia
09-12-14, 02:35 PM
I finally got Lucky, breeding with Grassquatch/ Lightning Leopard 18 hours Thunder Mammoth
and Shock Fox 12 hours

55lee55
09-12-14, 03:33 PM
Oh wow, are they cute or what? i want to hug the Thunder Mammoth!

Sand, could you give me some breeding guidance again? My confusion (and once again my amazing luck) is showing. Not sure how I managed, but when I bred Electric and Earth, I got two different times in two tries!

Does this mean I aced it on my first try once again? Should I stop while I am ahead, or is there yet another breeding that I can try to get an Emerald using some combination with these new hybrids?

I seem to have two spaces for habitats, but am unclear about this. Has TL increased the habitat limit? If not and I suspect not, what is your recommendation for changing my habitat balance? I can juggle some yet and sell duplicates I think, or some low earning commons that I could easily expect to pick up as fails.

Sorry my ignorance is showing. I know, I will be stomped on again for being lucky, but luck doesn't equal game strategy experience. Plus you and zenobia are predicting these hybrid combos with remarkable accuracy.

My bets are on you two to predict the next moves in this game which is rapidly tying for my favorite game ;)

Once again, any advice? Yes folks, I know I am doing extremely well, but it is luck. As we get more hybrids please bear with my apparently silly questions. While I am lucky once again, I am sure that others might benefit from the answers to my questions, so I ask that those of you who are struggling very hard to get what I have, please I am not asking these questions to rub my luck in your face. I am asking because I really need advice from those who know what they are doing and I know I am not the only one who can benefit from advice from the leaders here.

I wish that just once my luck here would rub off into real life but it isn't happening, so I will take what I can get here ;)

Thanks Sand and zenobia for your awesome advice!

zenobia42
09-12-14, 04:21 PM
when I bred Electric and Earth, I got two different times in two tries!

Does this mean I aced it on my first try once again? Should I stop while I am ahead, or is there yet another breeding that I can try to get an Emerald using some combination with these new hybrids?

Yes, you did! And if I were you, yes, I'd stop while ahead. When they release a super rare electric-earth, THEN start putting those 2 elements in the den again.
They will probably release a super rare electric-earth and/or a super rare electric-fire early next week.

As for breeding an Emerald, I have no clue. But I'm sure Sand will know. :)

SANDSCApe
09-12-14, 05:28 PM
Lee, I'm gonna SMACK you. LOL. Congratulations on your Thunder Mammoth and Shock Fox! I haven't had a chance to even TRY to breed either one yet, since I generally don't speed my breedings & hatchings.

Now back to work on your Emerald Dragon. Use Unicorn-Panda, ma'am. Nothing fancy. These Electric-Earth creatures will not do a thing to bring you that lizard.

igames4me
09-12-14, 06:16 PM
I think I won't try for these until super rare comes out... And hopefully I'll get super rare first

Splashy81
09-12-14, 07:19 PM
I got a 12-hour Shock Fox (Firefox with a different "skin") using L/15 Rhino & a L/10 Leopard...

And then I got a Mammoth using a L/10 Leopard & a L/7 Rainguin!!

Splashy81
09-12-14, 07:22 PM
He's a cutie!!

...Classic 'Fox!! :cool:

redfoxytail
09-12-14, 08:13 PM
Couldn't resist so gem sped a little bit and got the fox. It's a common but at least it's one of the 17 breeds that I'm still missing (the gap seems to widen for me each week)

zenobia42
09-12-14, 08:16 PM
Couldn't resist so gem sped a little bit and got the fox. It's a common but at least it's one of the 17 breeds that I'm still missing (the gap seems to widen for me each week)

If they continue to release 3 per week on average, it will soon become impossible for ANYONE to keep up... by breeding anyway. But obviously they'd rather we cave and buy some animals from the store for gems. I will stay strong though! I spend gems on speeding here and there, but I am determined to either fill my album through breeding... or quit the game if it becomes too impossible.

Crr008
09-13-14, 06:53 AM
Imagine my surprise this morning to wake up and find my 18 breed was not the common shock fox but the Thunder Mammoth. I was thinking this is going to be miserable trying to get the rare with common fail time of 18 hours. So glad I got the rare first. I got it with Rhino (15) x Leopard (12). My second breed of Leopard x Rhino was a 12 hour. Now to wait for the super rare and try for the Storm Sphynx in the meantime.

Sylvrthrne
09-13-14, 07:05 AM
If they continue to release 3 per week on average, it will soon become impossible for ANYONE to keep up... by breeding anyway. But obviously they'd rather we cave and buy some animals from the store for gems. I will stay strong though! I spend gems on speeding here and there, but I am determined to either fill my album through breeding... or quit the game if it becomes too impossible.

Don't worry about trying to keep up, or buying animals with gems. I have nearly a full roster in DS, but many of those I acquired as fails while trying for super rares. I find it's more enjoyable to have a variety of possible fails when trying for super rares, rather than the same one or two over and over again. It makes one feel accomplished, even when you didn't get what you wanted, lol ;)

If it makes you feel better, after four weeks of the unicorn quest I'm just now trying to expand my other critters. Next up, two weeks worth of dark and fire...:eek:

BlueCanary
09-13-14, 07:17 AM
Don't worry about trying to keep up, or buying animals with gems. I have nearly a full roster in DS, but many of those I acquired as fails while trying for super rares. I find it's more enjoyable to have a variety of possible fails when trying for super rares, rather than the same one or two over and over again. It makes one feel accomplished, even when you didn't get what you wanted, lol ;)

If it makes you feel better, after four weeks of the unicorn quest I'm just now trying to expand my other critters. Next up, two weeks worth of dark and fire...:eek:

Agreed, I do the same thing in DS! Also, I'm glad they're releasing a couple of critters with each new hybrid type, makes breeding for them more interesting. I imagine that after the all of the electric hybrids are out, it will be back to one/week.

Bred my lightning leopard with the rhino to get one rock hybrid (shock fox) I'm planning to use the fox in a four type combo to hopefully get the mammoth, some others I'm missing, and hope for a unicorn ;)

sukyee
09-13-14, 07:36 AM
I feel super lucky to get both shock fox & thunder mammoth on my first try again (pyro pony + rhino) one still in egg, and one in den....
Added these 2, I have the complete electric collection as for now....

8/50 more to fill up my album!!

After all, I'm still the one who chase after unicorn, not to mention emerald dragon... Or even can't compare to one with Pegasus Air Force (lol, lee u r amazingly lucky)

sanya87
09-13-14, 11:32 AM
I have just put my mammoth in the nest and got a second one in breeding garden. Argh, I wanted a fox, 18 hours again it's really long... It's funny to fail for a common though lol

EviBrooklyn
09-13-14, 12:37 PM
I have just put my mammoth in the nest and got a second one in breeding garden. Argh, I wanted a fox, 18 hours again it's really long... It's funny to fail for a common though lol

What did you breed the first and second time?

sanya87
09-13-14, 01:24 PM
Both times leopard and rock rhino!

redfoxytail
09-13-14, 02:00 PM

Did you gem speed? I have a running theory from other TL games that breeding is not random at all but time slice based. Many times I bred/fished/mined the same thing within seconds of each other.

I see other people have already collected the Shock Fox and Mammoth, I'm still waiting for my Fox to hatch.

sanya87
09-13-14, 02:14 PM
Yeah actually I used 7 gems to speed up breeding, when egg was in the nest I went to put the same pair again, pretty sure it will give me 12 hours this time, but no, 18 again. I was really surprised cause I don't think I ever managed to get a rare two times in a row and before a common one!

EviBrooklyn
09-13-14, 02:53 PM
I got 3 shock foxes since yesterday... Very annoying

redfoxytail
09-13-14, 05:10 PM
At least you don't have another hawk followed by a 5hr breed time. Sigh elec rares & super rares are proving to be elusive in my forest.

xanethi
09-14-14, 04:52 AM
Its pretty Strange but with both the fire/electric, plant/electric and now stone/elecric i Got the rare one before the Common one. Usualy not that lucky

SANDSCApe
09-14-14, 05:22 AM
Oh yeah! Threw one of those pesky Thunderhawks in the Garden with Armordillo. Electric-Earth-Nature-Fire. Yeah! I GOT this! That would cover ALL the Zappers PLUS maybe, maybe, a Unicorn. Even some missing non-Electric supers like Grassquatch, Magmacore, Vinotaur... Haha, bring it on!
Timer: 15:59:59....
Aaaaargh! Just shoot me now!

redfoxytail
09-14-14, 05:34 AM
Yeah I know breeding 2 rainguins is a row. Missing almost all the rare & super rare zappers and my elec habitats are filled with hawks.

EviBrooklyn
09-14-14, 09:37 AM
So I'm breeding shock fox #5... I'll keep breeding and see how far will TL take this... There are 2 electric-earth animals and I get 5 of the common one. Really TL?? How much did you drop the odds on the rare? It's just a rare for Gods sake... There's no challenge in getting the rares, super rares or ultra rares once you realize TL is so greedy and this game is so expensive.

zenobia42
09-14-14, 10:23 AM
Its pretty Strange but with both the fire/electric, plant/electric and now stone/elecric i Got the rare one before the Common one. Usualy not that lucky

For some reason, when trying a new combo, I am always actually slightly more likely to get the rare than the common as well. It worked on 2/3 of the new ones (1st electric-fire and electric-earth, but not electric-nature). It's been like that since the very beginning of the game for me - my very first breeding was a rare (solar simian). I will also be missing only 2 super rares once my current breeding is done then the egg incubated. But at this point I feel I am much more likely to be struck by lightning in the next 24 hours than I am to EVER get that gddm unicorn.

So I'm breeding shock fox #5... I'll keep breeding and see how far will TL take this... There are 2 electric-earth animals and I get 5 of the common one. Really TL?? How much did you drop the odds on the rare? It's just a rare for Gods sake... There's no challenge in getting the rares, super rares or ultra rares once you realize TL is so greedy and this game is so expensive.
My luck was like that for the thunderhawk. Maybe take a break and try something else your next breeding or 2? Worked for me. :)

EviBrooklyn
09-14-14, 03:16 PM
I'm taking your advice zenopia

Anyuszko
09-15-14, 01:08 AM

I am going for electric green rare and super rare, and in 10 tries I got 10 commons, each 16 hours fails.

samanthaxrose
09-15-14, 07:41 AM
I always take a break and come back..seems to help with the downward spiral of bad luck! Lol..third shock fox in a row for me!

SANDSCApe
09-15-14, 12:24 PM
If you decide to raise your Electric Rares beyond Level 10, please post the earnings and food requirements at each level from L11 to L14.

cocauina
09-15-14, 02:02 PM
If you decide to raise your Electric Rares beyond Level 10, please post the earnings and food requirements at each level from L11 to L14.

Thunder Mammoth

Earnings Rates:
LV 11 - 611
LV 12 - 680
LV 13 - 713
LV 14 - 731

Food required (total needed from each lvl):
LV 11 - 5,000
LV 12 - 7,000
LV 13 - 9,000
LV 14 - 12,000

Ratisorn
09-15-14, 06:17 PM
Nice! I want to see water mammoth.
http://www.uppic.org/image-D5D9_54178F72.jpg (http://www.uppic.org/share-D5D9_54178F72.html)

redfoxytail
09-23-14, 08:52 PM
After getting so many common electric fails I was surprised to breed 2 Thunder Mammoths in a row. YAY!

Now I don't try for specifics, I just randomly throw 4 elements into the nest and see what happens.

(For some reason if I use the same breeding pair I'm more likely to get the same common fails)