PDA

View Full Version : how much times it takes to receive nbs parts requests?

irlanda_c
09-11-14, 03:20 PM
I check the game every 30 mins and sometimes I receive assistance for materials from 3 hrs ago. Why is that?
Also, somewhere I read that if you ask all your nbs at once for parts you dont get them so quick. Is this true?

PepperWoo
09-11-14, 04:15 PM
I don't know about others but I've never experienced a problem with my requests not coming through even though I have about 200 neighbors and I send requests to them all at once. I know this because I have backup accounts from older devices and I always receive my main account's requests on them instantly. I guess it's just a matter of having really good neighbors that would accept your request fast.

LavaRain8
09-11-14, 06:56 PM
With requests, you can only receive a max of 20 requested parts per day (and 20 sent gifts, which are separate). So if you sent a request to 200 neighbors, only 20 of them will get the requests on that day. Then, the next day, another 20 will get the request...and so on, until the queue of requests is empty. So it's best to only send your 20 requests per day to neighbors that you know are active and will probably respond on that day. If you send it to over 20 people, there's a chance that it will randomly select one of your "inactive" neighbors who won't return the request for you.

As far as the time frame, I'd assume it's due to when that person actually logged back in to accept it, which could be the 3 hrs. ago and 30 min. ago difference. Some people check the game very often, and some only do so when they get a chance from their regular life and whatever is going on at the time, so it could be a little later before they get to it. Otherwise, I guess it could be a sync/save issue to where it just takes a moment to get to that other person, but not 100% sure on that. They will get it eventually though.

However, I do use this to get some extra parts for later, by purposely requesting over 20 people so that they can eventually send me the part once they finally receive it. That way, I can stock up on it for another time. So, it's not always bad to request from more people, but if you're trying to get the parts ASAP, then may as well just pick and choose from your neighbor list.

mytsa
09-14-14, 08:02 PM
I had once received a request that stated "4 days ago", and actually I logon every 30-60 minutes.

LavaRain8
09-15-14, 03:36 PM
I had once received a request that stated "4 days ago", and actually I logon every 30-60 minutes.

That's probably when the request was sent, meaning that the player put you in their "request queue" 4 days ago. So that player, like I mentioned above, probably had a ton of neighbors that they requested items from and you were just now getting yours after the first 60 players got theirs over the previous 3 days.