PDA

View Full Version : Materials to Craft Onyx & Tiger's Eye Dragons

amerirish
09-11-14, 12:23 PM
I hoping someone here knows a good breeding combo to get black dragons for trading. I really want to craft the Onyx & Tiger's Eye ones but the materials are so hard to come by. Also, it seems that there are no common black dragons, they're all rare, super rare & ultra rare. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

freshfunin2008
09-11-14, 01:22 PM
I hoping someone here knows a good breeding combo to get black dragons for trading. I really want to craft the Onyx & Tiger's Eye ones but the materials are so hard to come by. Also, it seems that there are no common black dragons, they're all rare, super rare & ultra rare. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Have you tried water and magic to get night. I always get night when I am trying for different black dragons. Once you have night you can mix night with other dragons in the attemp to get other black dragons like yin yang, moon, etc etc

amerirish
09-11-14, 01:37 PM
Thank you for responding. I do have a night dragon but was hoping someone knows a really good combo. For example: I've been trying for a Diamond and used someone's suggestion of Love & Aprodite because there's only 7 possible outcomes. The Kitsune and Justice fails yielded me enough to finally craft a Quartz dragon.

I just checked out your suggestion of Night & Magic and actually it's pretty good but there are only 2 black outcomes out of 9 possibilities. That may be the best one but am curious if there's any other suggestions :)

freshfunin2008
09-11-14, 01:58 PM
Oh I see. Have you already crafted Lotus? Are you close to getting the Black / Red combo from the mine? I mixed Diamond and Lotus or night can't remember to get Black Diamond. I hope that helps.

amerirish
09-11-14, 02:49 PM
I have lotus, dapper and am hatching obsidian. Hopefully they can make some good pairs. Thanks :)

deucedeuce22
09-11-14, 03:35 PM
Zodiacs trade for black gems, save Leo. If you can stomach a lot of magic fails (I'm talking 90% of the time), you can probably get your gems in a few weeks.

amerirish
09-11-14, 03:41 PM
Zodiacs trade for black gems, save Leo. If you can stomach a lot of magic fails (I'm talking 90% of the time), you can probably get your gems in a few weeks.

I had no idea you could even trade zodiacs! Thanks for the info :)

freshfunin2008
09-11-14, 04:09 PM
I believe you can trade most rare and super rare dragons. Speaking of that.... a super rare zodiac with black in it would get you 1 large black gem fast.

Anaboe
09-11-14, 04:42 PM
I'm going for my second Obsidian, just to have another big black gem :)

brandonu
09-11-14, 06:13 PM
I'm going for my second Obsidian, just to have another big black gem :)
That will be very difficult unless you speed up the evolutions. I think you can buy bombs with gold though at a much reduced rate (average 2 pieces per bomb) to fill out the requirement.

meoconlunar
09-11-14, 08:54 PM
That will be very difficult unless you speed up the evolutions. I think you can buy bombs with gold though at a much reduced rate (average 2 pieces per bomb) to fill out the requirement.

I have alr finished my first Obsidian and now have 143 shards + 5 bombs, no gold using for speeding up :)

5 bombs = 11 shards, alr have 154 shards:D

amerirish
09-12-14, 05:48 AM
Thanks for all of the valuable info guys & gals :)

ciarjen
09-12-14, 08:31 AM

My advice is to breed the dragons you really want on your island and not worry about the craftable ones. You could spend months breeding blacks just to get the black gems and then find later on down the line you end up breeding by accident spare super rare blacks like Night Elf which give large black gems. ....(it happened to me :p)

If you want to go for a diamond, shut your eyes and pick a dragon to use. No particular 4/5 colour combination has any more chance but you may find that always sticking to combos which keep the results down may end up in fails and choosing something random hits on good luck :)

freesiawoods
09-13-14, 01:41 AM
My advice is to breed the dragons you really want on your island and not worry about the craftable ones. You could spend months breeding blacks just to get the black gems and then find later on down the line you end up breeding by accident spare super rare blacks like Night Elf which give large black gems. ....(it happened to me :p)

You're right, but including Jade we need six large black gems in total am I right? I haven't succeeded in crafting any of the three dragons. For Quartz however, one of my accounts got lucky breeding extra pinks like Porcelain and now has excess large pink gems.

benjessie
09-13-14, 03:52 PM
I wish that you could trade big gems for 10 small ones. I have Sapphire, Pearl, Topaz, and Amethyst, and want to trade out my extra large gems for small ones, especially since I need to craft lots of nether dust and spell scrolls. For pink gems, I got an Enlightened from the Spin to Win feature and didn't like it, so will trade it soon for my second pink gem. I got my first from trading an extra Kitsune. Black Swan is the best dragon to trade: it gives a large onyx and a large quartz. The best way to get large onyxes is by trading excess super rare champions, or breeding Night+Night, Diamond+Night, or Infinity+Night to get Night Elf dragons, which trade for big black gems, or by breeding Virtue+Virtue for a Black Swan. Big black and pink gems are rare, but keep in mind that you can breed all gemstone dragons except for Sunburst (was a tournament dragon) and Amethyst, which are currently unbreedable. I got my Pearl on first try, and got two Sapphires from breeding. Good luck!