PDA

View Full Version : Stop making design-specific goals

carousel32
09-10-14, 01:39 PM
I play both bakery and restaurant story and love them both but in the months I've been playing there have only been a couple goals I have been willing to attempt. The best part of these games is getting to design something just the way I want. Change it when and how I want. If my bakery is all pastels I don't appreciate a goal that makes me buy ugly dark wallpaper and tiles. New look it says. Nee maybe but why should I have to make my place look like everyone else's? You can tell the places that do the goals because they have a mish mash of 15 different looks and styles. I'm convinced I will never get ahead in these games because I won't do the goals. I'm always sending parts for people's requests but never request any in return because I don't buy ugly decor to get to the good stuff. Not sure how much longer I can hang in there just waiting for goals to expire. Would it **** you to make the goals generic so we can choose which patterns we want?

jim23cash
09-11-14, 06:19 AM
I play both bakery and restaurant story and love them both but in the months I've been playing there have only been a couple goals I have been willing to attempt. The best part of these games is getting to design something just the way I want. Change it when and how I want. If my bakery is all pastels I don't appreciate a goal that makes me buy ugly dark wallpaper and tiles. New look it says. Nee maybe but why should I have to make my place look like everyone else's? You can tell the places that do the goals because they have a mish mash of 15 different looks and styles. I'm convinced I will never get ahead in these games because I won't do the goals. I'm always sending parts for people's requests but never request any in return because I don't buy ugly decor to get to the good stuff. Not sure how much longer I can hang in there just waiting for goals to expire. Would it **** you to make the goals generic so we can choose which patterns we want?
This time and several times lately, I've bought different wallpaper and still gotten the goal credit. I did have to buy the tiles, but I stuck them under my appliances so they are out of sight.
It would be nice if they would allow us to buy the flooring (and counter types) that we like.
All sports related materials are trash as far as I'm concerned, and I would sell the wallpaper and flooring if I could. Any other items I sell, at a ridiculously low rate.
I agree, it would be nice to have choices to complete the goals, and not buy items I won't ever use.
BTW, LOVE the new Door in BS! Thanks, Annie

orleansparish
09-11-14, 07:04 AM
You CAN choose the pattern you want. We are always free to buy what we like, irrespective of the goals present. Useless wallpaper and tiles dont take up space. Theyre just coins tossed away to get more recipes/gems and decor that may otherwise be locked away in a box.

How can we dislike that? I dont use many of the primary color items from restaurant that annoy me so greatly, but it doesnt stop me from finishihg the goals in under a week. I make use of my 29 ovens and get stuff out of the way for my decor i do like. I cannot remember the last time i enjoyed flooring or wallpaper, but the good thing is we can replace it.

There are some restaurant games where we buy new wallpaper and our replaced ones arent stored. Who would want that?! Lets count our lucky pixilated stars.

sally_brown
09-11-14, 10:24 AM
You don't have to keep the decorations you buy in order to complete the goal. Whenever a goal asks to buy wallpaper, for example, I just buy the new ugly wallpaper and then immediately replace it with the wallpaper I had to begin with. Just buy it and store it.

That said, if you don't have a lot of coins, it isn't always cost effective to buy stuff and store it because sometimes the reward for completing the goal isn't worth it.

ojapple96
10-06-14, 09:56 AM
I've had the same experience with buying wallpaper and I think tiles that I want and I still get credit but the tables and chairs I have to buy the required ones - so I just buy and store or sell - I tried to sell the chocolate water fall from the sweet co goal though right after purchase and ending up having to buy 2 more as it did not give me credit! So, if you sell, sell after you go back to the goal and get the credit:)

BuddyB111
11-25-14, 03:50 AM
I would not mind design specific goals if previous purchases of the relevant items were recognised. I don't like finding out that to progress with the goal I have to buy something I bought earlier.

TinksThots
11-26-14, 07:38 AM
You don't have to keep the decorations you buy in order to complete the goal. Whenever a goal asks to buy wallpaper, for example, I just buy the new ugly wallpaper and then immediately replace it with the wallpaper I had to begin with. Just buy it and store it.

That said, if you don't have a lot of coins, it isn't always cost effective to buy stuff and store it because sometimes the reward for completing the goal isn't worth it.
Exactly... I enter design mode, make the required purchases, put everything back like I had it, exit design mode, and after those goals are over, sell anything I know I'll never display. Only sell stuff after the goals are gone though; if they're still active, the checkmarks will revert and you'll have to buy the same stuff again. I consider it the price I'm paying for the gems I'll get from the new recipes that are coming with the goal set. (*^_^*)

sally_brown
11-26-14, 12:09 PM
I would not mind design specific goals if previous purchases of the relevant items were recognised. I don't like finding out that to progress with the goal I have to buy something I bought earlier.Yeah, I think the goals should be to have X number of an item, rather than buy that number.