PDA

View Full Version : Question for the millionaire players

mcsyndrome
09-10-14, 08:59 AM
Do you still collect from your pure coin buildings (ones that don't have a chance of dropping anything else)? Ever since I hit 1,000,000+ coins with nothing to spend it on apart from the occasional expansion, I've been using all my energy to collect resources rather than coins. Anyone else can relate, or do you go on striving to become a billionaire? ;)

zoeee87
09-10-14, 09:16 AM
I'm at $21,565,963. I don't collect from building that don't have a chance for any drops. I don't really care about the coins at this point. That may change down the road, who knows. But I prefer to use my energy on stocking up for the next update.. Whatever that is going to be!!!! :)

katbtodd
09-10-14, 09:41 AM
I'm at 17.5 mil no I do not collect from coin building until a quest tell us to.

brandonu
09-10-14, 09:56 AM
I feel like I'm so far behind. I'm at 11.5 million and I do not collect from pure coin buildings that do not drop.

I collect from the Pyre Tent every once in a while just in hopes that they added drops to it.

katbtodd
09-10-14, 10:07 AM
I stuck my pyre tent in inventory , I would be surprised if they ever ask for it in a quest .
Since every body didn't do it. New player won't get a chance it it

ShibuyaCloth
09-10-14, 12:24 PM
I don't touch pure coins buildings unless told by a quest. I have 11 mio in reserve, so I am not worried by some insane Baron request down the road. I also do not touch buildings, structure, etc. that drops items/resources that I maxed out. Enough to do with other things.

SpiritWind00
09-10-14, 04:44 PM
Almost all of my coin buildings are in storage unless they also drop something else. I'd rather use my energy crafting and collecting actual resources. I do pull one of each building out the day before update day just in case it's needed, and then back it goes to storage. It would be good to be able to convert excess coins to something else, not just gems, although gems would of course be brilliant. Interesting thread.

perry5
09-11-14, 02:01 AM
Same here. I do have some coin buildings out, but for kingdom decoration only and rarely if ever collect from them...unless required by a quest or if it's a slow week and I REALLY have energy to "burn." Buildings or decor with drops get my full attention. But even with those, I am usually maxed on resources until a caravan or lengthy quest comes along. Still holding out hope for a "player barter exchange!"

Anyuszko
09-11-14, 04:09 AM
I also collect only from buildings with occassional drops such as windmills.

However, money may be not useless sometimes. Last Xmas I spent all my moneys (some millions I had) on Xmas trees (the ones that you could buy for coins). They had not so good droprates on special drops such as expansion tickets. But I bought and chopped a lot, as much as much money I had.

Now I have 10 mill. But if some similar event happens, I go back to zero. :)

PurpleScorpion76
09-11-14, 04:13 AM
I also collect only from buildings with occassional drops such as windmills.

However, money may be not useless sometimes. Last Xmas I spent all my moneys (some millions I had) on Xmas trees (the ones that you could buy for coins). They had not so good droprates on special drops such as expansion tickets. But I bought and chopped a lot, as much as much money I had.

Now I have 10 mill. But if some similar event happens, I go back to zero. :)

I did wonder about the Christmas trees I see in some kingdoms.

GaSaKaDa
09-11-14, 05:09 AM
I too am a multi millionaire, I don't collect from coin buildings but I have kept some out as they look good, wish there was something useful you could convert the coins into too, the golden obelisks were 500,000 each I think and they look good but don't give any rewards, not even coins!

HistoryGirl7
09-11-14, 10:41 AM
I do not collect from coin only buildings usually.

lisman
09-11-14, 11:24 AM
I am over 12 mil and yes I collect from all of them. Why you ask because am a long time player so 1) am a horder 2) i am working on Castle Story: Unofficial Goals (for experienced players) so I have put Two goles for me and that is to get up to 20 mil and after that is to get up to 100 mil

I know am crazy but At least I have goles :D

Anyuszko
09-11-14, 11:27 AM
I did wonder about the Christmas trees I see in some kingdoms.

It was an event last December, we could buy 3 types of xmas trees, one for coins, others for gems only. If you chopped, various items dropped. Sometimes rare things as well. Of course the coin type tree had the worst drop rate :)

enaid03
09-11-14, 11:34 AM
It was an event last December, we could buy 3 types of xmas trees, one for coins, others for gems only. If you chopped, various items dropped. Sometimes rare things as well. Of course the coin type tree had the worst drop rate :)

The trees were great. I spent millions, and I mean millions (over 10 mil) on them. The downside to those trees - we could not store the coin ones or the gem ones. I've played enough TL games to know if you like a limited time game item grab it while you can. Mine are behind buildings.

As for now, unless we get some quest line/new thing that cost millions, I only collect from buildings that have to potential to drop something. I have a bunch of taverns, marketplaces, etc still out not to collect for coins, but to collect in the event a quest line requests them.

Guardian452
09-11-14, 11:46 AM
I collect from all the resources first, then buildings that drop things in addition to coins. If I have energy left over, then I'll collect from coin buildings.

Anaboe
09-11-14, 05:55 PM
All my coin-buildings are stuffed away somewhere at the edge of my kingdom, where I don't see them. I only collect from them when a quest tells me so, but I only need to do the "Sister, Sister"-goal, so it's all slow from here on: waiting for the next update. I don't have that much gold (only 1.572.901 coins), but it's enough for me, and growing slowly.

Regular collects:
5 ponds, 1 swamp, 1 well.
3 Manticores, 4 dragons
1 Multi-color hedge, 1 red trilium, 1 faerie flowerbed
4 cows, 3 pigs, 2 sheep
2 windmills, 2 jewelers, 2 conservatories
10 mushrooms
4 glimmerdust troves, 1 maple tree, 1 living tree
always growing 5-6 of each crop (collecting when the amount in stash goes below 50-75 or so)
and ofcourse collecting from all the standard stuff (sawmill, mines, but also Tea Party, Griselda's etc.)

This is always enough to keep my kitchens, potion shop, workshop, castle and barracks running almost 20 hours a day. It's slightly too little to keep my Royal exchange running 20 hours a day, and by far not enough to keep my greenhouse running. And it's enough to make the total of my coins go up. I don't need the things that are made (exept for the feasts, trade tickets and wisp lanterns), but it's nice to build up stock.

vednir
09-12-14, 07:20 AM
I don't collect from coin buildings. That energy is better spent on a crop or animal or pond.

jbfps116
09-12-14, 07:32 AM
you could save epic room by "ditching" your ponds and building a cluster of wells... unless ponds have better droprates for stuff than wells???

ShibuyaCloth
09-12-14, 08:21 AM
you could save epic room by "ditching" your ponds and building a cluster of wells... unless ponds have better droprates for stuff than wells???

They should have the same drop rate and same items. Only the refresh factor is 3x better and the real estate 4x better. However some quests require ponds.

As for making you a millionaire with wells/ponds, well not a good idea. The best is still some heavy lifting buildings like a Church.

55lee55
09-12-14, 09:51 AM
It depends on how much energy I have. If I have extra I collect from coin only buildings so my neighbors can collect hearts, but I do the things that I benefit from first. I don't think about it much, except that I always collect from my Forgotten Roost, especially since not long ago it dropped three Manticore Eggs in less than two weeks after dropping nothing since I used it in a quest.

I have seen where this has happened to others on occasion, so it was not just me.

vednir
09-12-14, 12:28 PM

Wells do not drop the special fishes which is all good and well if you're maxxed out or have two fish markets.