PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated! About to quit!

qt_patooty
09-10-14, 07:29 AM
I have NEVER received a shovel in all of my shipments! My farm is littered with grass tufts and small rocks that can only be cleared with a shovel and yet I can't seem to find a single one anywhere! I have expanded into areas that I can't even use because I need THEEE shovels. It's so frustrating! What's the point of trying to expand and keep playing if I can't get the tools I need? At least Stormie should sell them. I check several times a day and all I've seen him sell are hammers, blocks and pick axes. I have plenty of all of those! Help!!

lovettera
09-10-14, 08:10 AM
Send more deliveries! I usually get 4-5 a day. I send about 30 deliveries a day, and I can call that a good drop rate.

ciarjen
09-10-14, 08:27 AM
Make your priority to expand to the mine. Once you open the mine, shovels are given quite freely when you make deliveries. I have 80 shovels in my barn. People don't sell them in the market because you can make more money by using the shovel in the mine and selling what you dig up.

qt_patooty
09-10-14, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the replies. That's what I needed to hear. At least there's hope ��

bakerystoe
09-10-14, 04:53 PM
6 shovels... keep it for clear bushes or grasses! I not expand all yet:(

mujaccount
09-11-14, 11:32 PM
Thank you ciarjen, that was very helpful for me too, as Im as frustrated as mentioned above.. Do you please happen to have also any advice how to get more building parts (especially nails and paint) that we need for expansion of the buildings? Im not getting much from deliveries although I send them.. Thank you again very much! :)

Rynetory2
09-11-14, 11:43 PM
Thank you ciarjen, that was very helpful for me too, as Im as frustrated as mentioned above.. Do you please happen to have also any advice how to get more building parts (especially nails and paint) that we need for expansion of the buildings? Im not getting much from deliveries although I send them.. Thank you again very much! :)

You can make nails from forge but I won't recommend buying the forge. Send more deliveries. Moles and butterflies sometimes give parts. Try exchanging parts with neighbours who have excess of paints and nails. I see some in news but rarer now with the upgrades going on.

GameOfFarms
09-11-14, 11:55 PM
Paint is scarce for everyone and incredibly random. It can come from deliveries, pets, moles/butterflies/otters, fish pond. I've occasionally had Stormie sell it too.

s_lynne
09-12-14, 12:06 AM
I haven't gotten any shovels in quite some time and I've expanded to the mine a long while ago. Over the past few days, I've probably sent about 30 deliveries and I didn't receive any materials whatsoever. I have a goal requiring me to expand, but I can't get a "map" to drop, even if my life depended on it. Why are the materials so hard to get for some but not for others?

ciarjen
09-12-14, 02:05 AM
I haven't gotten any shovels in quite some time and I've expanded to the mine a long while ago. Over the past few days, I've probably sent about 30 deliveries and I didn't receive any materials whatsoever. I have a goal requiring me to expand, but I can't get a "map" to drop, even if my life depended on it. Why are the materials so hard to get for some but not for others?

That's very unusual. Have you opened/repaired the mine as well as expanding to it?

ciarjen
09-12-14, 02:17 AM

No, deliveries don't drop much. Paint is always scarce. I save any gems I get then when I have 8 I buy a can of paint to upgrade my barn.

Pets are quite good at dropping parts - they are definitely worth investing your coins in and gems if you can afford it. The mine/pond/moles/pond all drop paint, very occassionally.

The best way to get paint is to buy it in the shop but you need a lot of luck. If you see someone selling parts, always visit their farm to see what else they are selling.

If you have the coins buy any parts you see in the shop then quickly visit their farm. Very often people put a variety of parts up for sale as the same time. If you watch the newspaper you will not see what else they are selling and if it is paint, you need to be quick.

With the parts you don't need, put them back up for sale, they will always sell for max price and if you have items in your shop which are not selling, putting parts up for sale (1) puts all your items back into the newspaper and (2) may encourage the person who buys your parts to visit your farm and buy the rest.

Make sure you have plenty of neighbours and the higher the level the better. The higher level players are likely to be selling off what they don't need when they are fully expanded. If they have quick invite, you can invite quickly. If not leave a message on their wall. Don't be surprised if they don't add you though. Some people may be at their max neighbours. I currently have 800. I have an shortcut set up with a message which says that I have just bought from your shop, please my ciarjen if you would like to be neighbours.........Then visit your neighbours shops regularly to see what they are selling.

And always make sure you have a minimum of 2000 coins at all times. Very often I have seen 10 cans of paint for sale in the newspaper. There is nothing worse than seeing something you need and not having the money to buy it....Been there, done that, lol.

s_lynne
09-13-14, 09:02 PM
That's very unusual. Have you opened/repaired the mine as well as expanding to it?

Yes, I've opened/repaired the mine. Sometimes I get materials when I see someone selling them.

Aarafel
09-13-14, 10:01 PM
I did not receive any items except cash and Xp fot 2 days. The deliveries seem to be bugged.

NikosCafe429
09-13-14, 10:18 PM
I'm having the same issue with the deliveries. I haven't had any drops with the deliveries, just coins. It's frustrating because I'm trying to expand to the mine and i need old maps, which are generally given with deliveries :mad:

ciarjen
09-14-14, 01:13 AM
Yes, I've opened/repaired the mine. Sometimes I get materials when I see someone selling them.

I did not receive any items except cash and Xp fot 2 days. The deliveries seem to be bugged.

I'm having the same issue with the deliveries. I haven't had any drops with the deliveries, just coins. It's frustrating because I'm trying to expand to the mine and i need old maps, which are generally given with deliveries :mad:

This is a new bug it seems and we have no word from TL when it will be fixed. Mining tools and expansion and upgrade parts have now stopped dropping from deliveries. It is being discussed in the Fall event thread.

DrP4ever
09-14-14, 10:06 AM
All I have had is coins. Can't mine anything because no tools. Can't expand because of no parts to do. I send frequently and only get coins. Absolutely no fun. And now the flower thing pops up all the time and I can't play at all.

Nikki_Finn
09-14-14, 01:17 PM
I think I'll stop sending deliveries since nothing is dropping but coins. it's pointless right now until the bug is fixed.

miche8499
09-15-14, 08:27 PM
80 shovels in your barn?!?!?
No wonder no one can find them. You have them all. :)

trilliyn42
10-03-14, 10:00 PM
I am hhaving the same problem. When I first started playing - I occasionally got tools, paint, etc. Now i occasionally get the permits but never any tools. Its getting frustrating - can't build, can't expand...

mymummy789
10-06-14, 05:26 AM
I have decided to hang up my wellies :(

I long ago ran out of expansions so there is no point in doing the balloon/pipers treehouse as I have no where to display more decorations. And, unless I am willing to buy a dart for all the slots, it is pointless doing pipers treehouse anyway (when I have bought darts it has always been the pretty much the last dart that won the prize).

I am getting no mining tools from deliveries so my toymaker and jewellery-maker are sitting idle. This means most of the deliveries have to be deleted anyway as they all seem to call for these items.

One truffle pig is nowhere near enough to fulfill deliveries and make truffle related items, but the cost of buying another is way too much and I have never had a gem sale since starting to play FS2.

So sadly, with all the above, I have rather lost the incentive to play anymore. Shame, because it was good for a while :(

ciarjen
10-06-14, 08:44 AM
I have decided to hang up my wellies :(

I long ago ran out of expansions so there is no point in doing the balloon/pipers treehouse as I have no where to display more decorations. And, unless I am willing to buy a dart for all the slots, it is pointless doing pipers treehouse anyway (when I have bought darts it has always been the pretty much the last dart that won the prize).

I am getting no mining tools from deliveries so my toymaker and jewellery-maker are sitting idle. This means most of the deliveries have to be deleted anyway as they all seem to call for these items.

One truffle pig is nowhere near enough to fulfill deliveries and make truffle related items, but the cost of buying another is way too much and I have never had a gem sale since starting to play FS2.

So sadly, with all the above, I have rather lost the incentive to play anymore. Shame, because it was good for a while :(

It is a shame but I understand. The game has changed.....but not for the better. Lowering the mining tool drop rate on deliveries is really not good for the players. Let's hope it is working for TL :p

The treehouse is set up so that you buy the maximum darts to win and the only time I didn't have to use all my darts to win the grand prize - I had 3 leftover - I lost them the next day because I didn't get my usual 3 for free.

As to the balloon, every day it asks for the same.....I don't even bother looking at it any more.

kisten
10-12-14, 12:28 PM
There's definitely a significant drop in mining tools for plane deliveries. Even the number of iron/silver i'm able to get while mining dropped too. Before I can always get multiple in a single mining trip, nowadays I get 1 iron/silver with occasionally 100 coins...

I have better luck finding mining tools, rubies, gold & silver through newspapers.

Piper treehouse game is such a joke I only go in to pop 3 balloons when I remember (bout once a week)

tvxal3
10-28-14, 09:43 AM
Same here. I need to send delivers but I don't have eggs and milk. My storage is full. I can't upgrade until I get paint and nails. I can't get them without delivers. I am so frustrated I want to quit. I also can't get eggs from my chickens because my storage is full.

kooky panda
10-28-14, 10:32 AM
Same here. I need to send delivers but I don't have eggs and milk. My storage is full. I can't upgrade until I get paint and nails. I can't get them without delivers. I am so frustrated I want to quit. I also can't get eggs from my chickens because my storage is full.
Check the other threads you started. Helpful responses have been given for these issues.