PDA

View Full Version : Update 10th September 2014

LalaSmooth
09-09-14, 06:21 AM
I know we will get goals but I am hoping for Autumn ones. What do you guys want to see in tomorrows update?

Goal Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72978-Bakery-Story-Coffee-Goals-Sep-10-2014&p=963416&viewfull=1#post963416)

edit(KP)

http://media.tumblr.com/c7c1f9c0b51fae8e38862ebc4b4c401f/tumblr_inline_nbnmxyNBas1qm7yoc.png
Wake up and smell the coffee! Start the day off right with a cool cup o’ joe. Customers will be lining up by the dozens to get delicious drinks from a Frappe Fountain in Bakery Story (https://www.facebook.com/bakerystory)!
Energize your Bakery with these new items:

Coffee Smoke
Espresso Counter
Coffee Machine

zifun
09-09-14, 06:34 AM
how come we didn't get a teaser this week? I love the teasers

pixiegamer
09-09-14, 07:38 AM
how come we didn't get a teaser this week? I love the teasers

It should be up later today I think.

I also want Autumn goals! My bakery is already Autumn-themed so it would be nice to maintain that throughout the month ;)

zifun
09-09-14, 10:59 AM
haha I agree I've redecorated mine to an autumn theme as well!

my607
09-09-14, 11:36 AM
I'm patiently waiting for a teaser.

MsBrookeNicole
09-09-14, 11:38 AM
Can't wait for the teaser!

I finally was able to expand and I was bored with my decor, so I cleared everything and made it white in anticipation of the new goals.

IsisGarden
09-09-14, 02:56 PM
Some Autumn goals would be great!

ElectricLove91
09-09-14, 03:03 PM
15438Got all my autumn/halloween decor out! Super excited to see this year's fall/halloween updates!
I am looking forward to this week update/goal.
add me on bakery story ID-faerieland91

only accept 3-4 stars & food only as gifts unless otherwise its goals

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 03:41 PM
Looks like goals!!! Can't wait to see the prizes, love the coffee theme! :D

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/c5627cf1-2bbb-43a4-92a7-4808917414ff.jpg (http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/lindseyv77/media/c5627cf1-2bbb-43a4-92a7-4808917414ff.jpg.html)

pixiegamer
09-09-14, 03:52 PM
Ooooh!!
Not autumn-themed like I was hoping, but not bad either. I know some people have been asking for coffee stuff, so this should make them rather happy. I'm personally very excited at seeing the prospect of new drinks! And it can blend into my existing theme rather well so I'm looking forward to these.

Still hoping for autumn stuff next week though. Please don't make us wait til November, TL!

mergirl96
09-09-14, 03:53 PM
This update looks fantastic! I can't wait for Wednesday.

LalaSmooth
09-09-14, 03:59 PM
I love the wallpaper

irlanda_c
09-09-14, 04:05 PM
Yeiiii bakery/coffee shop related! Not dragons pirates or planes lol
So happy!

sbratprincess
09-09-14, 04:11 PM
I love it!!!!! I can't wait to see the goal prize!!

rosewaterlily
09-09-14, 04:15 PM
Food related goal themes two months in a row (and a great one in RS too), good job TL.

electrikbarbarella
09-09-14, 04:20 PM
Wowsers! I am super excited about this update! Thanks TL! Can't wait to get started & anxious to see the final goal prize. :)

PepperWoo
09-09-14, 04:22 PM
COFFEE!! I am beyond excited to start the goals! Now if this comes with a re-release of the barista counter I'd be in caffeine heaven! :o

ashrb
09-09-14, 04:28 PM
Not Autumn goals like I would have preferred, but I won't complain about coffee goals! I think it looks great and I can't wait to see the final prize (fingers crossed it's a coffee shop!) :o Also, this theme will go perfectly with my barista counter.

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 04:37 PM
I love, love, love coffee themed items, I'm hoping it will satisfy my want for the Coffee Beans Display I never got when it was a LTO along time ago.....I regret that.....hope there is something similar with one of the prizes! :D

my607
09-09-14, 04:42 PM
So, where's the picture of the goal prize?

rosewaterlily
09-09-14, 04:49 PM
LOL, hopefully it isn't lame like the horse carriage thing with the fudge goals. Everything we can see in the preview looks good though.

shelbycatc
09-09-14, 04:50 PM
Some Autumn goals would be great!

Don't forget you changed name of your shop!

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 04:51 PM

Well I see two coffee themed floor decor in the pic, but neither one seems final goal prize worthy, so I'm hoping they just aren't showing the final prize. Also I see no wall decor that's new....are we not getting any or are they keeping that a secret too???????

pixiegamer
09-09-14, 04:51 PM
Also really appreciate that the tables and chairs in the display of one of the goal prizes match the ones we'll be getting. I love little things like that :)

my607
09-09-14, 04:54 PM
I didn't like the horse carriage. I hope this prize is something nice. I guess we have to wait for Wednesday or hopefully someone has a picture of it.

friedtokki
09-09-14, 04:56 PM

I'm just guessing but I think it's this?

http://i58.tinypic.com/302mn93.jpg

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 04:58 PM
If you look at the pic there are 3 floor decor items...one is a server girl and the other two are coffee serving counters, the larger one is the goal prize.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/62a1be9f-6180-427d-8cb6-7c675df719cc.jpg (http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/lindseyv77/media/62a1be9f-6180-427d-8cb6-7c675df719cc.jpg.html)

pixiegamer
09-09-14, 04:58 PM
Well I see two coffee themed floor decor in the pic, but neither one seems final goal prize worthy, so I'm hoping they just aren't showing the final prize. Also I see no wall decor that's new....are we not getting any or are they keeping that a secret too???????

Maybe the coffee mug painting by the door?

LavaRain8
09-09-14, 05:02 PM
I love it! Too bad I don't have access to the barista counter item, but these things are quite nice on their own. And....this theme actually goes well with the ugly brown registers that we're forced to use, so bonus! Too bad RS has been getting new doors and BS hasn't received any yet IIRC. The only thing that throws me off is the green wall decor, just seems so out of place. But otherwise, everything will fit quite nice in my Bakery. :)

pipipooh1977
Maybe the coffee mug painting by the door?

That's not new, that's in the store already

my607
Well, I guess it's ok but not what I thought it would be. Oh well

rosewaterlily
09-09-14, 05:03 PM
I'm just guessing but I think it's this?

http://i58.tinypic.com/302mn93.jpg
Oooh, good guess. Normally two bots wouldn't be sitting at the same table. Not to mention the food the bots are served are giant compared to their heads and these are to scale.

my607
09-09-14, 05:04 PM
The appliances looks nice. I could decorate it with the barista counter and have a coffee section.

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 05:13 PM
Oooh, good guess. Normally two bots wouldn't be sitting at the same table. Not to mention the food the bots are served are giant compared to their heads and these are to scale.

Yep....that's it...that's the final prize....didn't even register that two bots don't sit at the same table.

PepperWoo
09-09-14, 05:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VM1w2mz.jpg

I believe this 4x4 floor deco here is the goal prize since the bots are sharing a table and their tables are a wee bit different (the base is lighter) than the others. The tiles camouflaged perfectly so it wasn't obvious at first. xD

EDIT: Ooops it was pointed out already! :D

StevenKevin
09-09-14, 05:15 PM
Nice items.... except thats another boring goal :((((
Will be so great the day players like me who cant afford to lose time with everlasting goals can simply buy the stuff they desire for gems and let other players go through regular goals

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 05:20 PM

I believe this 4x4 floor deco here is the goal prize since the bots are sharing a table and their tables are a wee bit different (the base is lighter) than the others. The tiles camouflaged perfectly so it wasn't obvious at first. xD

Wish the flooring in the prize was transparent.....or is it?????

xxxe
09-09-14, 05:21 PM
Omgosh yes!' I have requested a coffee theme for awhile now! I'm super happy and excited for this! Thank you TL!!

chocolat_89
09-09-14, 05:32 PM
So excited for these goals! Will go great with my barista counter

PepperWoo
09-09-14, 05:37 PM
Wish the flooring in the prize was transparent.....or is it?????

I wish it's transparent, too! The flooring for the Christmas 2013 goal prize was transparent, I sure hope they did it again! :)

applesmcgee
09-09-14, 05:51 PM
I like it.

ElaineCarrel
09-09-14, 05:52 PM
O it figures. I just put up all my items from the last goal and brought out my autumn items and redecorated. It never fails. Now my ? Is do I put everything back up and bring my gelato display back out or wait? I guess I'll just wait. O fiddlesticks.

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 06:01 PM
O it figures. I just put up all my items from the last goal and brought out my autumn items and redecorated. It never fails. Now my ? Is do I put everything back up and bring my gelato display back out or wait? I guess I'll just wait. O fiddlesticks.

I think the Autumn items would look great with the coffee theme, I use my Barista Counter along with Autumn decor during the fall months, it has the colors in it.

LavaRain8
09-09-14, 06:05 PM
Will be so great the day players like me who cant afford to lose time with everlasting goals can simply buy the stuff they desire for gems and let other players go through regular goals

You do realize that goals mean that EVERYTHING can be had for coins and you don't have to use a single gem to obtain any of this stuff, right? And the prices are even drastically lower than the normal things that come with updates to buy for coins. Even if you may find goals tedious, it's definitely worth it to have affordable (or free) new items made available to you for doing what you would normally do anyway, which is cook things. The only reason to not like them so much is if you're someone who doesn't like to have a decent amount of neighbors to ask for parts. But if you have enough active neighbors, then why is it so "troublesome" exactly? Especially since the cost trade-off is so nice.

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 06:11 PM
You do realize that goals mean that EVERYTHING can be had for coins and you don't have to use a single gem to obtain any of this stuff, right? And the prices are even drastically lower than the normal things that come with updates to buy for coins. Even if you may find goals tedious, it's definitely worth it to have affordable (or free) new items made available to you for doing what you would normally do anyway, which is cook things. The only reason to not like them so much is if you're someone who doesn't like to have a decent amount of neighbors to ask for parts. But if you have enough active neighbors, then why is it so "troublesome" exactly? Especially since the cost trade-off is so nice.

I agree, having no goals would be boring. And the items you get as prizes would normally be outrageously gem priced if offered outside a goal. The fact that you get cool new items for coins is a win win to me! I hate using my gems. Plus it keeps veteran players active since they have every recipe on all the appliances mastered.

ashrb
09-09-14, 06:43 PM

Oh... Hmm, not too sure how I feel about this prize. I think a coffee shop would have been much more exciting. I'm also not a fan of items with transparent floors because I prefer it to stand out rather than blend in (which this has done because a lot of us didn't even realize this was a 4x4 prize lol)

pipipooh1977
09-09-14, 07:13 PM
Oh... Hmm, not too sure how I feel about this prize. I think a coffee shop would have been much more exciting. I'm also not a fan of items with transparent floors because I prefer it to stand out rather than blend in (which this has done because a lot of us didn't even realize this was a 4x4 prize lol)

I'm thinking the same....a coffee kiosk/shop would have been a better final prize.

orleansparish
09-09-14, 07:33 PM
I love, love, love coffee themed items, I'm hoping it will satisfy my want for the Coffee Beans Display I never got when it was a LTO along time ago.....I regret that.....hope there is something similar with one of the prizes! :D

I thought i was the only one who wished she was invisible, had a posse and could swipe folks coffee bean display. Its one of the top 5 things i regret not buying in this game. Id also something like a coffee pod display or something from years ago too.

These goals look amazing. Just in time as I am one serving away from finishing the last goals.

rene2222
09-09-14, 07:44 PM
Coffee, i love coffee. can be 3 cups a day. and i love this goal, like the overall colour. it all so matching.

ElaineCarrel
09-09-14, 07:58 PM
So y exactly do u do these challenges? It sure can't b for the gems since ur using gems to skip thru all the "everlasting goals". It doesn't take all that much time to complete these goals. I have quite a few nbrs who work full time and have extremely busy days off who still find time to complete the goals. So what exactly is the problem? How do u even find time to play the game if u don't have time to play the challenges? It's obvious uve got free time on ur hands since u post here on the forums.

sbratprincess
09-09-14, 08:40 PM
I'm not crazy about the goal prize. I was hoping for something like a coffee shop. This blends in to much.

sabotaudrey
09-09-14, 08:41 PM
I love it! I've only been playing a few months so this will give me a chance to change out all the pink stuff to a fall-themed color palette!

irlanda_c
09-09-14, 08:46 PM
Im hoping I can get the barista counter this year. Past black friday I didnt have enough gems, now Im preparing so I find this goal perfect for fall!

irlanda_c
09-09-14, 09:26 PM
Im hoping I can get the barista counter this year. Past black friday I didnt have enough gems, now Im preparing so I find this goal perfect for fall!

zaaracake
09-09-14, 09:29 PM
Omgosh yes!' I have requested a coffee theme for awhile now! I'm super happy and excited for this! Thank you TL!!

Great theme, bakery related and can be used all year round...I'm excited for these goals, the appliances and counters look really cute. Like the wallpaper too...way to go, TL!

rosewaterlily
09-09-14, 09:30 PM
I wonder if they will bring back the barista counter and the gelato stand this black Friday again since those items match so nicely with the goals this month and last. I passed on them in the past but with all this new themed stuff I might spend the gems on those items now.

irlanda_c
09-09-14, 09:56 PM
Can we guess the possible materials for the machines?

ojapple96
09-09-14, 10:13 PM

Heating coil, gear,knob,nozzle?

YvieKennaCafe
09-09-14, 10:33 PM
This is really awesome. I love it. I agree with zaaracake. Great that's its bakery-related and usable year-round. Outstanding. Almost matches the current RS goals in awesomeness. Can't believe there are complaints about this.

twospoons
09-09-14, 10:42 PM
I agree that it's bakery-appropriate, well-designed and four-seasonally useful. I'd probably love it, except I hate coffee!

Frappe stand and wallpaper are my favorite parts. And always glad to get a new free-standing person (it looks like). Bring some of those to restaurant please!

zaaracake
09-09-14, 10:43 PM
This is really awesome. I love it. I agree with zaaracake. Great that's its bakery-related and usable year-round. Outstanding. Almost matches the current RS goals in awesomeness. Can't believe there are complaints about this.

I hope we get coffee cake since it is one of my favourite things to eat in real life!

applesmcgee
09-10-14, 12:54 AM

I can believe it... It's the internet. No matter what there will always be someone complaining. Some people love to complain and like to always see the negative. Life is much nicer when you choose to see the positive, and appreciate the work and s**** and imagination that goes into content creation, even if it's not your jam.

There will always be goals and themes that appeal more than others but it's swings and roundabouts.

zaaracake
09-10-14, 01:34 AM
There will always be goals and themes that appeal more than others but it's swings and roundabouts.

Well said, apples. Philosophical!

natalienat518
09-10-14, 01:43 AM
Nice update! Can't wait to see the new items having cleared out most of inventory and a few bucks on hand. :)

LalaSmooth
09-10-14, 03:52 AM
Let's all hope there are Halloween goals next month!!

LavaRain8
09-10-14, 05:29 AM

I would guess heating coils too. And perhaps the juicer items of drip bowls or cross pipes, which I hardly have any of. :-(

Beecause
09-10-14, 05:50 AM
Great TL!!!
Bakery related. All the items are really cute. A goal prize that fits in a bakery and is size appropriate.
Thanks Much!!! :)

ojapple96
09-10-14, 06:02 AM
When do new goals debut? Pacific time right? I'm excited for new goals, recipes, and decor changes

kooky panda
09-10-14, 07:18 AM
Goal Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72978-Bakery-Story-Coffee-Goals-Sep-10-2014&p=963416&viewfull=1#post963416)

JnkFdJunky81
09-10-14, 09:40 AM
Is there a parts list for the new coffee appl's?

pipipooh1977
09-10-14, 09:52 AM
Is there a parts list for the new coffee appl's?

We won't know what the parts are till we start building them, so you will know the same time we do.

LavaRain8
09-10-14, 11:13 AM
We get a new door for coins!! Too, too amazing! Thanks TL! :)

pipipooh1977
09-10-14, 11:14 AM
Love the Coffee door! But that's the only wall decor with this update...and it's not really a decor...it's a door... wish there was more coffee wall items....but the Coffee Door is def better than the plain gray one! :D

rosewaterlily
09-10-14, 11:25 AM
OMG new door for coins! Thanks TL. So excited that I'm letting my bots wander around to eat at my usually decorative tables instead of just the feeding T area, since they were let in by the new door. This really opens up some design possibilities for the future.

pixiegamer
09-10-14, 11:39 AM
We get a new door for coins!! Too, too amazing! Thanks TL! :)

Agree! I love it, and I'm so glad it's for coins! It's definitely sold me on the coffee updates - I think I'll redecorate purely after seeing it! Lovely surprise to see with the new goals. Thank you TL! <3333

algalesia
09-10-14, 11:40 AM
not too excited about the final goal prize....but a door wooww thanks TL pls make this a habit.but I wish it was not a part of goals and more exclusive like the rs summer door.if everybody has it , it loses its charm

richa_aqua14
09-10-14, 11:52 AM
A door for coins! Yay! :-D

keio_b
09-10-14, 01:11 PM
Frappe Fountain: 5 cooling coil, 5 wiring

Beecause
09-10-14, 02:49 PM
The door is AWESOME!

MizCricket
09-10-14, 03:10 PM
FANTASTIC update! Love the goals and all the decor, and especially the door! I finally have double doors in my bakery. We're getting so much great stuff lately & I've hardly any time to redecorate. Might have to do a whole shop overhaul with stuff from the past few weeks and last year's fall decor which was some of my favorite ever!

filochick1982
09-10-14, 07:18 PM
Personally I love these goal prizes. To those complaining that the final prize blends in too much with the floor, use your creativity and imagination! I personally plan to use contrasting tiles underneath so it looks like a huge rug. These would go so well with the book shop theme as well. Yay!

zifun
09-10-14, 10:07 PM
I agree I don't mind the transparent floor at all I typically use different floor tiles to create my own 3x3 or 4x4. I really love that we got a new door and I love the wallpaper too. the other prizes seem useful and nice so I'm a fan all around plus we get hazel!! I've already redecorated to an autumn theme but I think it'll be easy to use this new update and incorporate it with autumn things.

when I first saw these goals first thing I thought was to pair them up with the book theme! haha a Barnes and noble of sorts with a coffee shop inside lol

janddolphins
09-11-14, 12:36 AM
Love the new door!!!! Thanks TL :)

minidemon88
09-11-14, 10:42 AM
We got a NEW DOOR for coins! Hooray!! Love the coffee theme goals! Now I kinda regretted not buying the bookstore LTO back then.

1prettyldy
10-06-14, 08:28 AM
Ii love the new stuff but what about Halloween Version? I see other people with it but seems like the Google playstore doesn't have it.