PDA

View Full Version : Arena/tournament

cquinn32
09-08-14, 08:37 PM
If you tap on the settings icon and then look under the help/FAQ there is a section that talks about an arena that's completely seperate from the battlegrounds. Is this something they ruled out or haven't gotten to yet?

zenobia42
09-08-14, 09:07 PM
Ooooooh, the in-game description of it sounds exciting! I hope it is released soon.

FrozenTurtle
09-09-14, 11:22 AM
The very first Tournament will be coming soon! :)

my607
09-09-14, 11:34 AM
That sounds exciting. I hope real soon.

zenobia42
09-09-14, 11:58 AM
the very first tournament will be coming soon! :)

yayyyyyy

cquinn32
09-09-14, 12:11 PM

Awesome!!

SANDSCApe
09-09-14, 05:36 PM
The regular Battleground battles are somewhat tailored to our individual levels. If tournaments are timed contests of increasingly difficult rounds, we may all be facing the same opponents at same levels. Typically the lower level players or those with a small army drop out somewhere along the way. But with the quick recovery times of animals in this game, there should be less of that.
Still I wonder, apart from the limited time and the ramping up of opponent difficulty, how will it be really different from what we've done so far?

Sefyre
09-10-14, 03:55 AM
The regular Battleground battles are somewhat tailored to our individual levels. If tournaments are timed contests of increasingly difficult rounds, we may all be facing the same opponents at same levels. Typically the lower level players or those with a small army drop out somewhere along the way. But with the quick recovery times of animals in this game, there should be less of that.
Still I wonder, apart from the limited time and the ramping up of opponent difficulty, how will it be really different from what we've done so far?

I don't quite understand what you mean.

If a player simply cannot beat an opponent because they/their animals aren't leveled high enough, then how does the recovery rate affect anything unless in that period of time, a player is able to level their animal appropriately?

If a player isn't leveled high enough and the opponent is leveled much stronger and if the player cannot level any further at the time to make a difference, then they're still going to be unable to progress.

SANDSCApe
09-10-14, 06:13 AM
I don't quite understand what you mean.

If a player simply cannot beat an opponent because they/their animals aren't leveled high enough, then how does the recovery rate affect anything unless in that period of time, a player is able to level their animal appropriately?

If a player isn't leveled high enough and the opponent is leveled much stronger and if the player cannot level any further at the time to make a difference, then they're still going to be unable to progress.

The game is designed so that there is no such thing as "simply cannot beat an opponent." Every single animal, no matter how weak or disadvantaged, has at least SOME chance of rolling a Critical Hit. Recovery time is a MAJOR factor in determining how often an animal can keep trying.

In Dragon Story, an exhausted dragon needs 2 hours to heal and battles are available on the rate of 1 per hour. (It used to be 6 hours to heal.) Also, only one dragon can be healed at a time, by placing it in a special building. Players who keep losing battles would end up with a lot of animals waiting to be healed, and unavailable to tackle the increasingly difficult opponents of a tournament. It is even possible for players to completely run out of healthy animals or not be able to heal enough of them in the tournament's limited time.

However, in Fantasy Forest, one is able to fight several battles an hour, and animals recover automatically AND simultaneously! Several animals can recover in the brief time it takes to regain 1 Stamina. So there's no significant down-time. Sheer persistence and repetition is a weapon of last resort, but a weapon nevertheless.

I would not be surprised if recovery of animals and recharging of Stamina is drastically altered for the Tournament feature.

igames4me
09-10-14, 07:04 AM
Omg I'm no good in battles in fantasy forest
Only in dragon story

I suggest you make first tournament easy

kooky panda
09-10-14, 07:15 AM
Omg I'm no good in battles in fantasy forest
Only in dragon story

I suggest you make first tournament easy
I am with you on this one!! LOL..

zenobia42
09-10-14, 06:44 PM
So, because winning or losing in the battlegrounds is almost 100% dependent on whether you get a critical hit or not, once the battlegrounds opened up their third phase, I didn't pay much attention to which elements were "strong" or "weak" attacks against which. But what if strong vs. weak actually matters in the tournament? It might actually matter, and so I am trying to try to figure out the rules. I am putting this out there so that hopefully others who paid more attention can correct it for me.

The "rules" as I see it are this:
Every element attack is strong vs. 1 or more other elements, and weak vs. 1 or more other elements.
If you opponent has only one element, and your chosen element's attack is strong vs. that element, your attack is strong. Weak or neutral results in weak attack.
If your element for attacking is strong vs. one of the opponent's elements, and either neutral or strong vs. the other, your attack is strong.
If your element for attacking is strong vs. one of the opponent's elements but is weak vs. the other, your attack is weak.
If your element for attacking is weak or neutral vs. both of the opponent's elements, it is weak.
The elements:
Water attack is strong. vs. fire but weak vs. electric.
Nature attack is strong vs. earth but weak vs. fire.
Fire attack is double positive but also double negative: it is strong vs. nature and dark, but weak vs. earth and water.
Earth attack is strong vs. fire and electric but weak vs. nature.
Dark attack is strong vs. gemstones but weak vs. fire.
Electric attack is strong vs. water but weak vs. earth.
Gemstones - I have NO CLUE since I have none. Are they strong vs. everything but dark? I did find out they were weak vs. dark. Or rather that dark is strong vs. gemstones.

Anyone?

I want to add that why one is strong or weak actually has a kind of logic about it. For example, water or a bucket of dirt can put out a fire. In darkness, a gemstone has no luster. A fire eliminates darkness. A tree root can pull a rock apart. Electricity electrifies any body of water it touches. Etc. I think that's kinda cool.

Sefyre
09-11-14, 12:46 AM
The game is designed so that there is no such thing as "simply cannot beat an opponent." Every single animal, no matter how weak or disadvantaged, has at least SOME chance of rolling a Critical Hit. Recovery time is a MAJOR factor in determining how often an animal can keep trying.

In Dragon Story, an exhausted dragon needs 2 hours to heal and battles are available on the rate of 1 per hour. (It used to be 6 hours to heal.) Also, only one dragon can be healed at a time, by placing it in a special building. Players who keep losing battles would end up with a lot of animals waiting to be healed, and unavailable to tackle the increasingly difficult opponents of a tournament. It is even possible for players to completely run out of healthy animals or not be able to heal enough of them in the tournament's limited time.

However, in Fantasy Forest, one is able to fight several battles an hour, and animals recover automatically AND simultaneously! Several animals can recover in the brief time it takes to regain 1 Stamina. So there's no significant down-time. Sheer persistence and repetition is a weapon of last resort, but a weapon nevertheless.

I would not be surprised if recovery of animals and recharging of Stamina is drastically altered for the Tournament feature.

Thank you for explaining.

I guess that from what I got from the guides is that there is a kind of 'formula' almost for progressing through the battles - that it is most favorable to use a stronger element, higher leveled animal and etc, and so though YES, a Critical could help push an otherwise 'weaker' animal through, it's not something anyone would necessarily count on, either, which was an unspoken part of my earlier comment.

What if someone didn't have the right animal (or right 'formula' assuming there is a 'formula' for battling) and kept battling without getting any Criticals for a lengthy period of time (in the same manner that someone might breed animals and dragons and not get anything but Commons for a long period of breeding)?

Compare it to another person who gets lucky and is able to 'roll' that Critical with a similarly disadvantaged animal or is able to 'roll' the right trigger to breed a Rare or Super or Ultra.

'Impossible' for one person, not so 'impossible' for another person who managed to get a Critical using the same animal or someone who managed to breed the non-commons.

But this was also going off the idea that there's a bit of a 'formula' to beating the battlegrounds.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks again!

cquinn32
09-16-14, 07:23 AM

???????

Anyuszko
09-16-14, 07:29 AM
???????

Well it is coming, just not arrived. :) Maybe it comes from a long-long distance. :)

Sylvrthrne
09-16-14, 07:58 AM
Well it is coming, just not arrived. :) Maybe it comes from a long-long distance. :)

It's coming from Unicorn Land ;)

my607
09-16-14, 11:52 AM
Hooray, arena is open. First battle I used spruce moose to fight level won 1 panda. The cost is $1290 if I remember correctly but you have to wait one hour for the next fight. The grand prize is a flying animal call Nightmare. Have fun

kooky panda
09-16-14, 11:54 AM
New Battle Thread here. (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?73148-Battle-Arena-Nightmare-9-16-14)