PDA

View Full Version : Tl does listen

Dabag
09-07-14, 11:33 AM
I like this game. No surprise there.
I appreciate almost every aspect. From the dialog, graphics, storyline, to the people who make it all work. Thank You.
Fact: no matter what happens in real life; my secret kingdom is still right where I left it.
Being able to access the same kingdom from various devices-A Truly Heroic Feat in my books.

We were once told of the approval process required before we even see the storyline advance or items added. Sorry, I do not remember the exact process but it was about 3 months.
How long does it take your corporation to implement a major change?

Not everyone is a Level 50 player.
At the lower levels there are multiple quests to choose from and this has to be taken into consideration whenever a new quest or item is presented.

The Polls & Suggestion thread in the Discussion Forum & Castle Story Suggestions & Feedback Sub-Form are there for players to express their opinions. Use them! You will find others with similar concerns & ideas.

The sneak peaks- do you like them? I do!
What about the new look to the update thread. The summary, quest outline and a smile.
Think of all the times TL staff has answered concerns in these update threads.

TL DOES LISTEN

Due to player repeated requests for additional resource items; numerous items (outside of original game design) have become available. The mithril dragon, living tree, maple tree-sap, magic fruit tree, mermaid pond, red trillium, traps, glimmer rock formation.
Yes, they are for gems, but you can still advance in the game without them.

Many Optional Timed Quest-Lines have been time extended due to player requests.
This helped a lot of the lower level players achieve some success, myself included.

I am sure you can think of many others!

Reminder: This is a Game. Enjoy it for what it is!

Dabag
09-07-14, 02:15 PM
Sorry, in my haste I forgot to add the LINK to Castle Story Suggestions & Feedback

http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?241-Castle-Story-Suggestions-amp-Feedback

zenobia42
09-07-14, 07:28 PM
Thanks for this thread! I do find the TL staff on this game to be the most responsive group I have seen in any game / game forum I have been part of. And there is SO much new content being put out - it's unheard of! A whole new quest almost every week this summer! There are plenty of games that put out quests every week but they recycle the same ones over and over. We get totally new stuff. All the time. It is awesome!

Which makes it SUCH a shame, that the ONE thing that by far most transforms the positive experience of this game into a negative one, gem traps, is never addressed by anyone from TL. And even just discussions about when and how many gems have been lost seem to just disappear - not sure what happened to them all. There are probably thousands of people who feel *****ed and that their money, as gems, was stolen without their permission. A simple confirmation button, as MANY games have, would eliminate the vast majority of negativity here. I myself, even though it would not mean the gems (money) stolen from me would ever be returned, I would be SO happy just to know no one else would ever suffer that fate again. Even just moving the gem speed up to a different part of the screen than the part of the screen that purposely moves under our fingertips is not where the gem speed up pops up.

There are a LOT of us who were quite content to continue spending money on this game, and feel good about giving the makers of the game we love money, but will no longer do so because we feel our money was stolen. For the life of me i cannot understand why stealing $20 from me once is preferable to me freely giving $5-20 over and over and over again, not even taking into account the way it makes us feel.

There are a lot of great things to say about this game. But stealing from us what we would give freely, that bad taste will never leave my mouth. Not unless gem traps are removed from the game. TL DOES listen... To everything but the most important thing.

Queenzod
09-07-14, 08:35 PM
There are a lot of great things to say about this game. But stealing from us what we would give freely, that bad taste will never leave my mouth. Not unless gem traps are removed from the game. TL DOES listen... To everything but the most important thing.

You GO, Zenobia! The gem traps really have me angrified. There is no reason this can't be fixed. I can't adequately state how I feel about TL regarding this issue, because that would involve using bad words. If TL really wants to prove they "listen," fixing this would be the place to start.

ParadiseLostForNow
09-07-14, 09:13 PM
Hear,hear Zenobia!

It seems counter-intuitive that TL doesn't want players to buy gems to keep on hand. I would love to be able to have a stockpile which would enable those impulse buys. Instead, many players refuse to buy gems on principle or only buy what they are going to spend immediately; it stands to reason that this can only hurts TL's possible revenue stream.

It won't change. There are hundreds of posts complaining about this and nothing has happened yet and nothing will.

janddolphins
09-08-14, 01:02 AM
To the op, you menrioned being able to access the same kingdom from different devices. I was under the impression you could only play from one at a time. Do you play the same kingdom on multiple devices and how so?

poopher
09-08-14, 05:50 AM
What started as a positive thread has turned into a negative one and that is a shame. TL makes an awesome game with a crazy amount of content and continously puts out new content to keep its players happy. Of course they are aware that gem traps piss people off, but there are some simple solutions for that. The one that works best for me is to "SLOW DOWN!". I have managed to collect (not buy) and save over 600 gems to purchase an alicorn before I decided that a second wizard school would be a better investment. I was able to do this because I know the traps are there and I click on my kingdom slowly so as to avoid them. I hardly fall victim anymore. I have lost gems to traps before but I have probably received more free gems (from playing other games) than have been taken. Keep in mind TL does not have to do that.

I say keep up the good work TL. Its a game for people to play and enjoy, you won't be able to please everyone. Thanks for listening to all the great suggestions and putting up with all the complaints. You walk a fine line and are doing it with grace!

Great Job!

And now I will step off my soap box :)

chalupa2030
09-08-14, 06:04 AM
What started as a positive thread has turned into a negative one and that is a shame. TL makes an awesome game with a crazy amount of content and continously puts out new content to keep its players happy. Of course they are aware that gem traps piss people off, but there are some simple solutions for that. The one that works best for me is to "SLOW DOWN!". I have managed to collect (not buy) and save over 600 gems to purchase an alicorn before I decided that a second wizard school would be a better investment. I was able to do this because I know the traps are there and I click on my kingdom slowly so as to avoid them. I hardly fall victim anymore. I have lost gems to traps before but I have probably received more free gems (from playing other games) than have been taken. Keep in mind TL does not have to do that.

I say keep up the good work TL. Its a game for people to play and enjoy, you won't be able to please everyone. Thanks for listening to all the great suggestions and putting up with all the complaints. You walk a fine line and are doing it with grace!

Great Job!

And now I will step off my soap box :)

Love this!!

It's just like DS. Tap too fast ~ lose gold. Been there done that. User error.

Slow down! I simply can't get over so much sense of entitlement.:(

meme1098
09-08-14, 07:23 AM
To the op, you menrioned being able to access the same kingdom from different devices. I was under the impression you could only play from one at a time. Do you play the same kingdom on multiple devices and how so?

There is a login feature available thru Restaurant story. You don't actually have to play RS but use the feature to access other games you may have started when upgrading your device/devices.

I have upgraded my iPhone & iPad several times so I have created an ID & password on each one & now have several other games I can send requests to & get gifts from.

Here's the thread for info:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

It's really a fantastic feature.

Dabag
09-08-14, 08:10 AM
Response to
Zenobia42 post #3
Queenzod post #4
ParadiseLostForNow#5

There is a place for everything and everything has a place.

Would a Moderator please Move Post #3,#4 & #5 to
the following Sub-Forum & thread provided below.

Castle Story Suggestions & Feedback Sub-Form are there for players to express their opinions. You will find others with similar concerns & ideas.
http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?241-Castle-Story-Suggestions-amp-Feedback

Thread: Missing Gem, anyone? Gem Confirmation
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone-Gem-Confirmation&

Thank You

shadowmaster13
09-08-14, 10:25 AM
I have never asked TL for anything but I want to second the OP, Castle Story is one of the best free to play games I have ever played. It has an engaging story, and it balances the premium currency (gems in this case) in a way that doesn't make me feel exploited. So I just want to add that.
Plus it has you guys, who are all way better at the game than me, especially Dabag (that goal thread:) ), who are always posting screenshots and hints on quests.
Thanks

Queenzod
09-08-14, 10:33 AM
Response to
Zenobia42 post #3
Queenzod post #4
ParadiseLostForNow#5

There is a place for everything and everything has a place.

Would a Moderator please Move Post #3,#4 & #5 to
the following Sub-Forum & thread provided below.

Castle Story Suggestions & Feedback Sub-Form are there for players to express their opinions. You will find others with similar concerns & ideas.

Thread: Missing Gem, anyone? Gem Confirmation
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone-Gem-Confirmation&

Thank You

Can you please not ask that my post be moved? I was responding to a thread that talks about TL listening. IMO, TL is not listening regarding gem traps. Thank you.

zenobia42
09-08-14, 10:59 AM
My post on page 1 is 100% ON TOPIC TO THIS THREAD.

It is on the EXACT subject this thread is about - how TL listens / is responsive to our comments and requests in a wide range of aspects of this game. To remove it would mean that posts that are 100% ON TOPIC are not allowed on this forum if they are just not liked.

orleansparish
09-08-14, 11:03 AM
It's been ions since I've lost gold to an accident on castle. Even playing on a tiny iPod touch on one account it never happened. This isn't bakery where one misclick can have you spending a hundred or more gems or quick cooking dishes on 18 ovens. As someone pointed out, take your time and stop blaming the game for things we can easily prevent ourselves from doing.

jimboser
09-08-14, 11:34 AM
My post on page 1 is 100% ON TOPIC TO THIS THREAD.

It is on the EXACT subject this thread is about - how TL listens / is responsive to our comments and requests in a wide range of aspects of this game. To remove it would mean that posts that are 100% ON TOPIC are not allowed on this forum if they are just not liked.

Actually, this thread is just about how TL Listens, according to the subject line. TL being Responsive would be an entirely separate thread I think...

zenobia42
09-08-14, 11:38 AM
Actually, this thread is just about how TL Listens, according to the subject line. TL being Responsive would be an entirely separate thread I think...

The latter half of the OP details TL's responsiveness that are the result of them listening (to what they want to listen to). So their responsiveness, while it is not in the title of the thread, is in the OP.

Due to player repeated requests for additional resource items; numerous items (outside of original game design) have become available. The mithril dragon, living tree, maple tree-sap, magic fruit tree, mermaid pond, red trillium, traps, glimmer rock formation.
Yes, they are for gems, but you can still advance in the game without them.

Many Optional Timed Quest-Lines have been time extended due to player requests.
This helped a lot of the lower level players achieve some success, myself included.

I am sure you can think of many others!

kooky panda
09-08-14, 11:40 AM
Closing thread, since it has now gone off topic , and members moderating the thread.
Forum Rules (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)

Addendum to Disputes With Others:
If you object to any content posted by another user, and/or would like to report another user of violations of the forum rules, please do one of the following:

Send a Private Message to a TeamLava Community Manager [TL Employee]
Send a Private Message to a TL Player Moderator
Post in the Forum Disputes section

Please note that this is an exhaustive list; do not report other players through any other means, especially by responding to that user in-thread (the exception being for TL Player Mods and TL Community Managers only). Please note that responding to other players in thread about forum violations will be treated with the same severity as a forum violation; please report other users through the proper channels only.