PDA

View Full Version : A Witch and a Half

8hat
09-06-14, 09:07 PM
I finally have Greselda, so there...accomplishment, but she is trying to coerce Ivy into witchery. I'm supposed to create adamant, which is fine but 1st they had me create a poison apple first. Ok, the next step is something about a red fish...1st collection from a pond, no problem cuz I got one. But I need 20 and b'cuz collections from swampy pond, mermaid pond and wishing well were nil, I figured only a pond will do so having only one pond...I bought 3 more. But no more fish...are the new ponds not broke in enough, is this another stumble-fence, shall I collect from Ivy's hut before I approach the pond (hopping on one leg in a counter clockwise circle). I've not seen this particular issue in my posts research so I thought I'd just ask...any help thanx!

meme1098
09-07-14, 07:21 AM
Here's the quest part about the red fish in Dabag's goal thread:

2. A Witch And A Half .Rewards 1,700 coin 6xp
. Discover Adamant
Potion Shop CRAFT 3hrs. 60 Hot Peppers. 20 Rat Tail. 20 Red Fish (will appear in ponds & wells when quest appears on Kingdom Goals listing; then disappears when completed)
*collect & awards 1 Ivys Hot Sauce

Looks like they appear in ponds & wells during the quest and then disappear after you're done. I have 6 ponds & 8 or so wells scattered about to keep up with mermaid scales. So more is probably better during this quest. You can always store them when you're done.

There's lots of fantastic info complied in the Game Guide sticky:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59861-Castle-Story-Game-Guide

If you haven't already, you should check it out. Dabag's threads are in the 2nd post.

8hat
09-07-14, 10:36 AM
Thanks, I'll look into that thread. I think I will craft up a few more wells...they don't take up much space and every now and then I am on a binge for water or regular fish. It just seemed odd to have such a low drop rate for something that could be collected every 10 minutes (ponds).

Anaboe
09-07-14, 12:57 PM
I have 5 ponds, 1 swamp and 1 well, I collect regularly from them and I'm rarely out of water, fish or Mermaid scales. It's enough for me. The red fish, I have atleast 15 more than I could use (whenever possible, I try to make some special item extra, just for fun, and sometimes it gives you an advantage when the item returns in a goal, like the woven cloth).

craftfan
09-08-14, 01:24 AM
I finally have Greselda, so there...accomplishment, but she is trying to coerce Ivy into witchery. I'm supposed to create adamant, which is fine but 1st they had me create a poison apple first. Ok, the next step is something about a red fish...1st collection from a pond, no problem cuz I got one. But I need 20 and b'cuz collections from swampy pond, mermaid pond and wishing well were nil, I figured only a pond will do so having only one pond...I bought 3 more. But no more fish...are the new ponds not broke in enough, is this another stumble-fence, shall I collect from Ivy's hut before I approach the pond (hopping on one leg in a counter clockwise circle). I've not seen this particular issue in my posts research so I thought I'd just ask...any help thanx!

The red fish drop from all the ponds and the well. You just don't get one each time. It didn't take too long to get 20 with the fast refresh time. I have 3 ponds, one well, a swampy pond and a mermaid pond and haven't felt the need for a fish market as I usually have enough of all fish types.